Zapier

(319 reviews)

Zapier enables you to automate tasks between other online services (services like Salesforce, Basecamp, and Gmail). Connect hundreds of best-in-breed SaaS apps.

Work for Zapier?

Learning about Zapier?

Zapier Reviews

Showing 322 Zapier reviews
Zapier review by Laura  D.
Laura D.

"I don't know how I'd get by without Zapier!"

What do you like best?

Zapier is a god send, allowing me to integrate the various tools I use to run my business, and automate manual tasks that I really don't need to waste time and energy doing. I can seemlessly have a new client book in Acuity, they get added to Kartra for email marketing, a new folder is created in Google Drive and my inbox for their files and correspondence, all without me having to do anything.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there aren't the right triggers or actions for what I would like to achieve using Zapier. But I suspect this may be more to do with the other tools I am using, as opposed to Zapier itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go, you won't regret it, and will wonder how you ever got by without it!

Really is a time saver, meaning I don't have to do a bunch of tasks manually because I can automate them using Zapier. And I know I am only touching the surface with how I am using it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zapier
Zapier review by Patrick  H.
Patrick H.

"Key for early-stage startups"

What do you like best?

As an early-stage startup, we don't have many resources. Zapier helps us automate a lot of our workload. No coding required! The front-end display is great for us and you can intuitively connect cloud apps. This is super important to us as our developer resources have to go to building our MVP, not to doing backend business automations. Zapier solves an important problem for us!

What do you dislike?

The automations can be delayed by up to 5 minutes before triggering. It's not a huge issue. Beyond that, the software is great. Over 1000+ integrations to every single cloud app we use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for tech startups! Highly recommended and it will save you hours of time each week. It's capable of doing pretty much anything you can think of, making it's only real limitation your imagination.

We're using it to automate all repetitive tasks. For under $100 a month we automate 3000 tasks. We save hours each week! It helps us automate follow ups, keep our CRM in synch, keep everything sorted in our project management software, and much much more! It's truly amazing software and I highly recommend it!

What iPaaS solution do you use?

Zapier review by Juan J.
Juan J.

"Helps you integrate different software together!! Truly Amazing"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Zapier allows for the integration for just about any software. We are using the software to link up zoho CRM to our inventory management system. We also like the fact that it is very easy to set up, unlike many other software we are currently using. Zapier is easy and ready to go as it also gives you popular combinations of software such as facebook leads going to excel. This is truly amazing automation

What do you dislike?

I honestly dont think we have anything bad that we can say about the software, the only thing is that it should maybe allow you to customize things even more, but as mention this software is truly one of the best we have discovered. I am amazed how there isnt much buzz word about this wonderful software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zapier is very useful if you have to automate or need different software you currently use to sync with one another. Zapier will allow for multiple functions to sync up, I like the fact that there is a free version and also paid versions depending on your needs.

We used Zapier to take care of our syncing problems. We currently had a CRM system that did not integrate with our inventory management system. After looking and researching we found Zapier which was exactly what we needed. This software acts like a syncing machine between a lot of 3rd party software. Really like this, and its become one of my favorite to use.

Zapier review by Nickolas R.
Nickolas R.

"Syncing Facebook Leads Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Zapier has such a wide variety of integrations but the main one the team uses is the integration to send emails when a Facebook Lead is submitted. It's super effective and works in real time. Each of our zaps can be changed or modified to suit the client and input the information and data they want.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we dislike is that setting up a brand new zap can be a little difficult to follow but once you set up one, you can easily copy that and edit it to suit your new facebook lead or your clients needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zapier has so many integrations, from Gmail, Facebook, CRM software to Google docs, sheets etc. There are hundreds of options in Zapier and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to sync leads from Facebook directly to an email of a client. They have all the tools available to make your day to day life easier and to save you time.

The main business problem we are solving is synching facebook leads, in real time, and sending them directly to clients. There is no more sending CSV files or leads lists to clients as they are receiving them via email while the lead is still hot. In the automotive industry, our clients need to act fast and the fact that Zapier sends emails directly to the sales team means that the customer can get a call within 30 minutes of submitting a lead

Zapier review by Geork A.
Geork A.

"Group several apps in a single window"

What do you like best?

It is a kind of assistant with a wide sale, allows you to move information between several applications and favorite tools automatically, saving time and systematizing tasks.

Example you can combine the Gmail email application with Dropbox to automatically add the attachments of emails to the cloud, this will give more space in Drive

What do you dislike?

As every free version has storage limitations, however, this does not limit the number of functions for which it can be used, per month the free account has to assign up to 100 tasks, but it is automatically renewed upon completion of each month of use from the moment of the subscription

Recommendations to others considering the product

Open an account with the email address you use daily, and to learn how to use Zapier, enter the option in the task panel that says: tips & advice, will help you discover new ways of use

When working in mechanical work lines and operations, zapier is an excellent option to automate several tasks in a single application.

In addition to having helped me discover new applications and software that I did not know existed, the integration options are a wonderful world that leads you to reinvent new ways of organizing your daily work every time you open the page

Zapier review by David  B.
David B.

"A Zap above the rest"

What do you like best?

I have been using Zapier within our businesses for in excess of 3 years, during this period it has been fault free. It allows us to reduce the amount of double entry work, capturing data and information from one platform and seamlessly pushing that data to another platform.

There is so much you can achieve with Zapier it is mindblowing.

What do you dislike?

To be honest there isn't much to dislike at all. It does what it says on the tin and works very well.

- The software is simple to use

- Very cost effective (there is even a Free option which allows you to do so much)

- Robust - never had an outage or issue

- Innovation - Zapier are always looking at new tools, partners or making existing processes better

- Integration - Integrates well with so many other 3rd parties software platforms

- Cloud-based

Zapier review by Melissa M.
Melissa M.

"Zapier makes me happier!"

What do you like best?

I love that when all else fails with a customization or integration, I know that Zapier has my back! I've been able to link different services in extremely customized ways. I have been able to slowly learn how to perform more complicated "zaps" as my time allows, and customer support has always been top notch, responding quickly and thoroughly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. My only problems have been with the users of the services that I have linked to Zapier, not Zapier themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some training and get to know the really intricate things you can accomplish with Zapier! They have a really good knowledge base, and things that you think aren't even possible most likely ARE possible.

I am able to filter out very specific transactions and report them several ways in different platforms. For example, an online order from Shopify can be "zapped" to both Salesforce AND an outside vendor's inventory spreadsheet.

Zapier review by Alex O.
Alex O.

"So Many Possibilities. So Little Customer Service."

What do you like best?

There is a Zap for everything, which makes workarounds a breeze. I don't even sweat the integration of platforms anymore - I know there's a Zap for that.

What do you dislike?

The customer service. It is simply atrocious. I have a couple of issues now with Zaps not quite working as they should, so I opted to contact them for support. Despite their claim of a maximum wait time of 24 hours - I've never even received a response. The first time I gave them a free pass, brushing it off as a missed email or an ill employee. But then when it happened again and again, I knew that they just couldn't be bothered to help. And unfortunately, now I think twice before using Zapier. For anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't ask for help. You won't get it.

Integrations and automations of deals, tasks, actions.

Zapier review by Madeline H.
Madeline H.

"Zapier integrates extremely easily with a vast amount of applications"

What do you like best?

I love Zapier for many reasons. It integrates extremely easily with other websites and applications I use. I do online marketing and I greatly rely on Zapier. I like that there are endless options of applications you cant create zaps with... so if you need to switch applications, you do not have to worry at all about Zapier not being able to easily integrate with the new app.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing I dislike about Zapier. Everything works smoothly and great. The only problem I have noticed is that it sometimes thinks my zaps are not delivering, when they are. But that is no big deal to me, personally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It is extremely worth it and will save you hours and hours of hassle.

I am "connecting the dots" between all the applications I use for my marketing business. It removes the manual labor and stress from me. It increases my work flow and I never run into any issues like other applications.

Zapier review by Sam A.
Sam A.

"The benchmark for easy automation"

What do you like best?

Zapier integrates with most of the tools that we use, making it an ideal middle-man to automate many of our processes.

The tool itself has a relatively easy learning curve, and you'll be able to automate practically instantly when you start using it.

It takes a whole lot of admin off our plate so we can focus on actually finding more ways to grow our business.

The support staff are also great, they reply in reasonable time and can usually point you to the right solution for most of your problems.

What do you dislike?

Some tools/apps that we use are missing from Zapier's portfolio, but it still has quite a large range of apps to choose from.

Other automation tools have a greater degree of functionality, and I hope Zapier catches up to them soon, because their ease-of-use is still on the high end of the scale.

Also wish there was more guidance from Zapier (or the community) on how to increase the efficiency of the zaps themselves; theres alot of content on how to imrpove business efficiency, quite often find ourselves stretching the limit on tasks.

Reducing the amount of administrative tasks we do on a daily basis.

Zapier review by Brett F.
Brett F.

"The best alternative to custom integrations."

What do you like best?

Zapier is easily one of my favorite SaaS products on the market. It's full of amazing hidden features that make automating small tasks super simple. My team uses it to connect different SaaS products together and pass data to automate things.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like about Zapier. There are a few integrations that I would like them to spend more time on, but their library is so big, that I can't complain too much.

Specifically, we use Infusinonsoft quite a bit and it would be nice to have a few more integration options with that product, but what they have is a great start and fits most of our needs right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, no additional recommendations.

It's impossible to name everything I've used Zapier for because there are so many different uses, but here are a few examples:

- Integrating my CRM with my project management tool, so that when I get new customers, projects are automatically created.

- Automatically creating Google contacts for new leads off my website

- Auto-updating Google sheets with on-going survey data

- Parsing lead data from emails and adding them to my CRM automtically

Zapier review by Nate B.
Nate B.

"Excellent integrator at a great price point"

What do you like best?

Zapier acts kind of like a force multiplier for your different pieces of software that don't natively communicate with each other allowing you to extract more functionality for your dollar. Getting your SurveyMonkey form emailed to you is nice, but having that survey generated into a formatted ticket in your Helpdesk system is the icing on the cake!

So far we've been using the free plan and have yet to run into the 5 Zap/Month cap. The next tier up quadruples that amount for less than $20 a month, so it's an excellent value for the functionality you gain from it!

What do you dislike?

There can be quite a bit of back and forth, trial and error when you're setting up your Zaps. I would suggest setting aside some time where you won't be interrupted when you're creating or editing your Zap because it can take a decent amount of time to get everything to appear formatted exactly the way you want it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free plan which allows you to create up to 5 Zaps and run 100 tasks a month, so it's certainly worth giving it a try to see if it can make some of your work processes more seamless.

We typically use Zapier as a way to turn our SurveyMonkey responses into formatted tickets in our FreshService helpdesk. This provides us with clear, consistent results and makes the entire process rather seamless. I can see our SCADA team wanting to flesh this out more in the future to integrate their Jira instance with our FreshService helpdesk.

Zapier review by Kevin J.
Kevin J.

"Excellent API tool"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. I build zaps in a few minutes that will permanently automate a process.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't link to everything yet. Sometimes it's difficult to find or sort out the existing automations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The point of zapier is to link two systems together, so you need to have a pair of systems in mind to get started, though sometimes it can be useful in looping back into the same system. It links to common platforms like Facebook and Gmail, so those are a good place to start. Or if you have a tool, you like but which doesn't do everything you need, see if it's linked to Zapier, and then search their system for a tool to meet your outstyanding needs.

First it was just to link our business process software with a document population piece; but now we use it for reporting, to automate business process, to generate alerts, and red-flags.

Zapier review by Yiannis P.
Yiannis P.

"Great push based automation - with scope to code your own"

What do you like best?

In terms of basic push based automation (ie get a row from Google Sheets into Slack) it's great -- if slightly limited on the individual actions as these are defined by the product APIs used.

With 1000+ connectors, you can generally get data in and out without much hassle. Having a Zapier integration has become one of the main requirements when selecting suppliers for clients.

What do you dislike?

Very few - some limitations on which data sources can be extracted from which products/platforms. But that's a limitation of the products rather than Zapier.

Would love to see sync connectors which keep multiple data-sets consistent with one another over time. Though there are other automation platforms which meet that need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Map out your workflows and integrations, making manual changes and re-testing due to lack of planning is time consuming.

Getting small volumes of fast moving data between programs.

Zapier review by Myles S.
Myles S.

"Zapier is God's gift to marketers who want to create complex APIs but can't code"

What do you like best?

I am a Marketing Manager at my company and I rely on Zapier to automate complex and repetitive tasks between our Marketing Automation platform, SharpSpring, and pretty much any app under the sun. I consider it my swiss-army knife and use it to "make the magic happen".

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about the platform. It's super intuitive and allows anyone to connect apps in a few minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the apps that you want to connect are actually supported by Zapier. They have a huge list that is growing all of the time, but occasionally they do not support specific apps. If it appears that Zapier does not have support for any particular app, I would recommend contacting the support team at the company directly to double check. Sometimes app integrations are in beta and do not appear on the main list.

I use Zapier to send and receive lead data to 3rd parties, automate reporting, automate our demo scheduling process, post Slack messages, notify me of behaviors in other apps. It allows one person to accomplish what would normally only be possible by hiring a developer.

Zapier review by Kai C.
Kai C.

"Endlessly useful"

What do you like best?

Speeds up a lot of more complex requirements we have in the marketing team by enabling us to build more integrations ourselves without having to wait for development or external resources.

Really love the new Zapier internal apps like formatter and filters - makes zaps almost function like little computer programs.

What do you dislike?

Not much really - only issue we find is that some partners have less complete integrations than others, so sometimes you can't build things out quite as you expect.

One thing I do wish we could have is the ability to make different branches to a zap (ie rather than a filter just saying continue/stop if we could send down different paths based on a filter)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump in and get started! It's almost addictive, once you start, you'll find all sorts of things you'd like to automate!

Integrating systems across different parts of the business. The integration work would normally take a lot longer and cost a lot more if we didn't have access to Zapier.

Zapier review by Tami Osmer M.
Tami Osmer M.

"Timesaving and simple automation"

What do you like best?

I love how Zapier takes different programs and ties them together, creating smooth workflows and interactions that would otherwise require several steps to accomplish, thus saving TONS of time.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback is that some programs I use have not yet been included in the huge list of Zapier programs. I'm not too concerned, though because at the rate they add new programs, it's only a matter of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out with the free account!

Running an international events calendar website requires a lot of cogs to turn to stay current. With Zapier, I add events to an Airtable base, and those events automatically get added to the main calendar, from which other calendars pull the info to put onto our website. When others submit events, Zapier sends them a nice email thanking them, and then adds the event to our Airtable database, which then moves it elsewhere appropriately. It saves me HOURS every day!

Zapier review by Lindsey F.
Lindsey F.

"APIs for the rest of us"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Zapier makes connecting my apps and share data between them without needing a lot of technical expertise.

What do you dislike?

Setting up zaps can be a bit difficult. Understandable due to the potential complexity of the apps involved and desired outcomes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zapier's a great product that's always growing to include more apps and features. Their support is second to none. I'm willing to bet that just about every business could really benefit from their product. It really does get the busy work out of the way so you can focus on the work that's most important to you.

Zapier connects our lead gen forms (Sumo) with our CRM (Salesforce). Our sales team wasn't interested in manually creating leads from our form submissions, so Zapier has saved them crucial time and effort.

Zapier review by Benjy U.
Benjy U.

"Great Solution for Sharing and Compiling Form Submissions"

What do you like best?

We use Zapier primarily for compiling and sharing form submissions from users of our products into Google Sheets. I like how easy it is to use and compile information. We literally use Zapier every day across many departments. It does what we need.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit of a learning curve. If you're not familiar, it might take a little while to get used to using it, as it's not something normal people use regularly. Only a few of our staff know how to use it efficiently. For example, you need some background knowledge about how columns sync with Zaps in Google Sheets, and if you change anything slightly, it will delete information. But this shouldn't scare anyone. It's really a good solution that we use all the time. Just make sure you have people that know what they are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend that you don't have too many people in your organization using Zapier. It could complex things if too many people are using it. Limit to just a few knowledgeable people that know the basics. But it's not hard to learn and get started. Definitely a must-use solution for most organizations out there.

We were looking for a way that all of our staff and customers can view public information without giving them too much login credentials. Zapier has helped us transfer information instantly without having to give to much info to the public.

Zapier review by Maciek P.
Maciek P.

"Very Useful tool for Automating Data Flow in Real Time"

What do you like best?

Zapier is a very useful tool I use in my daily work flows. The thing I like about it the most is the Gsheets integration and how that connects to other marketing or CRM platforms. I use various channels for lead generation and acquisition, and if something doest not talk to another, there is always a Zap for it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. However, with anything, as many zap combinations as there are, there is always one of two that is missing. I was unable to get Zapier to create a workaround for a LinkedIN leads campaign into Hubspot, but I have a feeling that the actual limitation was on Hubspot's end.

It has a array of integrations allowing data to flow freely, and we use Zapier as much as possible. A few workflows include 1) Facebook leads to GSheets, Clearbit enrichment, then zapped into Hubspot with Clearbit data parameters 2) Notifications of G2Crowd reviews into Slack 3) New lead notifications from multiple forms in Facebook into Slack. 4) Woopra to SalesForce Leads. It is full of amazing features that make automating small tasks a breeze.

Zapier review by Maxim O.
Maxim O.

"Good online service for clue anything Any data with any data"

What do you like best?

Can do triggers with time or specific data.

Integrates hundreds of applications with each other.

There are several formats of data (numbers, string, time) and there are simple math with the data.

Integrates with popular CRM services, with popular Gmail system, with online Spreadsheets like Airtable and Google spreadsheets, with any system through callbacks.

Clear politics of action cost. And there is a free plan with several limitations.

What do you dislike?

Very small steps of tuning. Cant do smart rules in one step.

Only 2 weeks of trial period of doing 3 or more steps in the actions. So cant test complicated systems with free of charge. And cant do most of integrations with free 2 step action. Difficult to copy - paste actions. Not comfortable if need data between actions - need done many test actions and call many test triggers for first tuning or for do small change in the architecture.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a smart research of price before creating architecture of your system. Calculate step-costs now and in the future of your API-callbacks. Also if use small cost of actions but difficult architecture, you will need more time for change and support your system, so need to find balance for useful implementing.

Integrate CRM systems with notification systems.

Integrate Mail with automate Telegram bot systems (flowxo).

Integrate CRM with Telegram bots through API callbacks.

Easy to set-up the first run of integration and easy to do than more complicate and smart system.

Zapier review by Stephan H.
Stephan H.

"Powerful platform, more powerful partnership"

What do you like best?

Two things stand out to me: first, the built-in Zapier apps are fantastic. They bridge the gap between applications that wouldn't intuitively work together, and give you tools to optimize how Zapier fits into your own technology stack.

Second is the customer support team. In a word, they're incredible. They love solving problems so look to them for consultative guidance not just tech support. Their Teams structure is moving in the right direction for agency-style accounts, and they are very open to feedback. It definitely feels like a partnership.

What do you dislike?

When you need to connect an account that someone else owns (a client's Facebook account, for example), the experience is a bit awkward. This is really no fault of Zapier per se, it's an appropriate security restriction on the part of these apps. But because of the way we use Zapier (we manage zaps on behalf of our customers), it means passing keyboard/mouse controls over to them so they can log into their accounts on our computers. I'm sure there are other ways to do this, like inviting them to our team account, but the goal of automation (and Zapier) is to be invisible, so that isn't optimal.

Other than that, I'd love a more robust reporting interface to see how my 200+ zaps are performing, if there are error trends, etc.

We have an app in Zapier for our employee advocacy platform, Bambu by Sprout Social. At first it simply helped us close a competitive gap. But as we learned more about what "integration" really meant to our customers, and experimented with different kinds of zaps, Zapier has given our solutions team the ability to educate prospects and customers about how to think a little bigger than their initial integration need.

So now we've closed a competitive gap AND become a more trusted vendor by way of expertise, which obviously has helped us close more business.

Zapier review by Kelly G.
Kelly G.

"Great tool for automation"

What do you like best?

I think the user interface is great. If you're new to Zapier, it's pretty straight forward to figure out how it works from the website. The interface also makes it very quick to search for applications of interest. Time to create your first Zap is just a few minutes. I generally set mine up for website forms and other tasks that I'd like to automate. Zapier walks you through the process pretty well, although I advise running a few tests to make sure you've not only got the Zap working, but also that the information you receive at the endpoint is in the format you want.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally Zaps stop working even if you haven't changed anything (that you can think of). That's happened to me twice. More customization would also be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not already using it, you should definitely check Zapier out - stat. Easy time saver headed your way. The amount of things you can automate using Zaps is pretty amazing - once you realize this, you won't believe it took you so long before.

Automation baby.

Zapier review by Greg D.
Greg D.

"Zapier is the Ultimate Connection"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Zapier is that it connects just about any application ti any other application, and when you use a lot of automation like I do, that is essential.

With Zapier I can connect Facebook Lead ads, forms on my landing pages, chat transcripts, and more directly to my automation platform. From there I can initiate campaigns of all kinds.

The key is being able to get collected contact information into the system and organize it for use in automation. This is where Zapier plays a critical role. By connecting to so many different APIs, it allows me to assemble all of the necessary data from ads, opt-in forms, and chat applications into one place.

Another thing that I love about Zapier is that it is very affordable. The price I pay for practically universal integration is more then reasonable.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Zapier. It's simple, it's efficient, and it's affordable. The only thing I would change about it is to add more integrations.

It would be nice to have more integrations within the recruiting industry such as connections between job boards and popular ATS systems.

Ultimately I look for Zapier to provide more integrations to social media and big data analytics applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use separate web-based services for things like chat, email marketing, landing pages, etc., I highly recommend using Zapier to connect all of your data.

It's easy to use, affordable, and it will make your life so much easier.

Zapier is my all-in-one solution for assembling contact data into my automation platform. It has allowed me to collect customer data from many channels and bring it all into one CRM, one Email Automation System, one Sales Manager, and one Analytics Solution. This way, even though my information comes from multiple sources, my automation campaigns all run from a central source.

Zapier review by Steve S.
Steve S.

"So easy a dummy could do it… oh wait, thats me."

What do you like best?

Deep integrations that don't require a developers background. As a creative director Im more of a visual person and dont get into API functionality, but Zapier made it easy and dare I say a bit fun to do.

What do you dislike?

Can get costly fast… We are a small shop and need to police every dime, we did have to put a few of our automation wants and needs on hold with Zapier and look for other alternatives, although nothing we have came across was as easy and intuitive to use.

We use Basecamp 3 and its still a little limited as to automations and connectivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a budget allocate for the automations… once you see the power of them you will be bummed if you cannot implement.

Our major want was to connect our billing/invoicing, time keeping and project management programs together.

Zapier review by Adam F.
Adam F.

"Workflow automation for almost every need"

What do you like best?

Zapier is like the Swiss Army knife of the web. Whenever I need to streamline workflows or have apps place nice with each other, I can always count on Zapier for a solution. From marketing automation at work to personal zaps for day-to-day tasks, I've used Zapier for various needs across the board.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can not think of anything I dislike. Every once and a while, a desired integration isn't always available out of the box. This is typically a limitation from the provider's API and not Zapier fault. But there are almost always workarounds to get the task(s) done.

Data synchronization between marketing and sales automation tools. Communicating important events across various chat channels like when leads come in or trials convert. Having dozens of apps talk to each other saves previous hours every month.

Zapier review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Very helpful, flexible, and easy-to-use tool"

What do you like best?

Zapier integrates with what seems like almost every existing software, and creates bridges or links to automate functions between them. Its simple interface is also very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I honestly would be reaching to find something to complain about. Maybe the only thing for our application is the fact that the free tier isn't quite enough for our needs, and the lowest paid tier is extreme overkill.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure they even have any competitors to compare to, but Zapier does a great job with their product and support, and their email newsletter is even great.

We are using Zapier to automate the transfer of names and email addresses we collect from the signup form on the digital edition of our magazine, which is hosted on the Joomag platform, to our MailChimp email database.

Zapier review by User

"Powerful, if you have ideas to use it"

What do you like best?

It has a reaaaally wide arrange of apps to connect, and adding this to the capability of having multiple-steps zaps (tasks), you can go really crazy on automating your tasks or creating new awesome functionalities in the apps you already use. The thing is, it always depends on your needs. I find that most of the times, a company could find workarounds or sacrifice a bit of automation without regretting not using Zapier.

What do you dislike?

While it's easy to use, one can feel that is more oriented to intermediate-advanced users, which can scare some people away. I think this could be solved only with some UX/UI changes. Also, there are some really popular apps that are Premium (that means, you've to be a paying customer in order to use them in Zapier). While I understand that it's a business and they have to make money, I think that, taking into account their popularity, to me, making them Premium looks more like a trick than a logical requirement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check all the available integrations to know what Zapier is capable of, then you will get some ideas on what to use it for.

We created new functionalities by connecting two apps and thus avoiding using the time of our developers.

Zapier review by Jamie D.
Jamie D.

"One of the best tools for automated workflows"

What do you like best?

Integrates with so many different online services/tools. Creating and managing workflows is easy compared to the competition. Has the tightest integration with Typeform that I can find. Supports two-factor authentication for added account security.

What do you dislike?

A connected account may require you to re-authenticate after a period of time and no notification is received from Zapier telling you to do so. This may be limited to the one connection that I experienced this with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my search of the best online automation tool, I trialed over 10 different services. Zapier was the most complete tool and was one of the easiest to use. They were the only one that fully integrated with all of the API options of another service that we use. The cost is also reasonable.

Zapier has allowed us to create automated workflows with other online services that we use for training. This allowed us to save $30k in LMS fees. We have created an online training and quizzing tool by connecting a couple of online services and it is all automated by Zapier.

Zapier review by Kris L.
Kris L.

"Must Have Tool! Integrations Made Easy"

What do you like best?

You are able to connect to so many CRM's that it makes automating tasks and processes simple. The GUI is simple and easy to use. This product takes so much of the complicated work out of integrating different software's to each other without having to use a developer for everything!

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to determine the issues that are causing failures at times. Their is currently only email support and no phone support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product. Great features and great support.

Zapier helps us integrate our software will all of the primary and even lesser know CRM systems and task management products. Zapier also assists in creating multiple process threads from one interactions by serving as a filter and the ability to create multiple step zaps.

Zapier review by Kyle G.
Kyle G.

"Makes Me Look Like a Wizard"

What do you like best?

Zapier seems to work hard to integrate any and all API's that they can get their hands on. I love not having to go to a true developer to make certain tasks and workflows. Almost every program that we use is in Zapier's menu, and allows me to be the mastermind behind the API calls.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you run into cases where you find the program you want, but not the action or trigger.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth every penny, especially if you play any operations role in the company. It makes me able to automate so many tasks that I look like a powerhouse, when really Zapier is my secret weapon. In my current role, I am marketing ops and automation, and Zapier really does the job so that I can always answer yes to the common question of "can we automate....?"

If we have any two softwares that won't natively integrate into one another, Zapier is there to save the day! This also works great if you're looking to monitor certain systems and want emails or messages to be sent to certain people upon certain events. I also have used it to keep transparency within the company and even celebrate wins.

Zapier review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Automation Makes Life Easy"

What do you like best?

Setting up zaps is extremely easy, as long as you have the access you need.

What do you dislike?

Certain documentation could be better during setup, especially when it comes to connecting tools like Facebook, where there are various levels of access and certain ones are required for zaps to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just check out the list of zaps available and compare it to the tools you use. If you've got even just a handful, Zapier be very beneficial to automate some of the mundane moving of info from one place to another.

We run a lot of lead gen ads on Facebook. By default, you have to export leads before they expire, but Zapier allows us to send those directly to tools like Mailchimp for immediate marketing.

Zapier review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Zapier is a great solution!"

What do you like best?

I like that it will connect directly to my Facebook ads and deliver them seamlessly into my CRM system.

What do you dislike?

Some known CRMs will not connect to Zapier. We also create landing pages, but Instapage will not connect to Zapier either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you're using a CRM system that is supported by the platform before using. With that said, Zapier has been slowly adding more CRMs that they connect with.

We're solving a problem our clients were having where they'd have to download Facebook leads into an Excel spreadsheet and then upload them into their CRM. With Zapier, it connects your ads, not matter how many are running, directly to your CRM making life easier and saving you loads of time.

Zapier review by Gabriel G.
Gabriel G.

"Awesome experience using Zapier "

What do you like best?

Im in the marketing business and with all the softwares available on the market today is so hard to keep track of leads, support, mailing and publishing to social media. Zapier has helped me in a few minutes to automate the whole process making it easy to have the information where we need it without doing extra work. I enjoy a lot the integration with slack as I know whats happening every moment in easy notifications.

What do you dislike?

The starting plan is at at a good cost but includes ver little calls to the API, upgrading to the next package gives a lot more of calls to API but would like an intermediate to both the starting and medium plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial period, it works great to learn the tool and see if it matches your needs. You will definitly love it if you use multiple tools or SAAS. Promise it will make your life much easier

All the automation process of marketing, starting in lead landing page generation from going to mail providers, sheets, crm and slack notifications. The time you save is amazing , also havin the information you need on a easy access is great for me. If it was not for zapier we would need to hire at least one person to do all of this process day by day

Zapier review by tanya c.
tanya c.

"Broad reaching solution for automation and connecting 3rd party tools"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility and efficiency we've gained since implementing Zapier.

We use this tool heavily to send specific, defined information from Stripe to our various 3rd party reporting and analysis tools.

We've also been able to automate many operational processes, such as submission of expense reimbursement requests.

The range of apps supported is broad and impressive.

What do you dislike?

Zapier is a little too technical, in my opinion. It takes some time to understand and get zaps set up correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The automation and efficiency gains outweigh any cons of the product, like technical know-how.

One thing to be aware of is that pricing is based on number of zaps, so using Zapier to integrate data between 2 systems that have a large volume of events can become pricy quickly.

We use Zapier to automate processes, gain efficiency, and increase our organizational capacity.

Zapier review by Angelo P.
Angelo P.

"I don't know how business used to get done"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to sync up many services. I don't have to have codey code language skills either!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing bad to say, though I suppose if they were to improve it could be in the intelligence of their email parser. We frequently have to retrain it to read a pretty standardized email format to reroute incoming voicemails.

It automates voicemails to students who don't answer our phone calls that our auto dialer can't detect an answering machine for. It also does this for students interested in a particular country. It creates connections to our lead capture forms so that we have a Google sheets redundancy built in. It helps do data entry by parsing emails. It basically makes life so much easier.

Zapier review by Danny R.
Danny R.

"Zapier is a the best service for automation "

What do you like best?

Zapier's ease of use is far and away one of its best features. For somebody like myself who doesn't have an extensive coding background, messing around with APIs is a daunting task and Zapier lets me seamlessly integrate multiple systems to get what I need to get done, done.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I'm not able to do what I think I _should_ be able to do with a given app, but that's less a Zapier issue than it's what's available through the third party's API.

I've used Zapier to create what are essentially slackbots tying multiple systems together. I've used it to pull in Salesforce data, Chatter data, and Twitter data into my company's #Sales channel on Slack so everybody's on the same page when deals close, etc.

Zapier review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Shut off our zap without warning - data lost"

What do you like best?

Product seems to work great when it runs. For the most part, helpful and intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

We signed up for a trial which has 'unlimited' tasks for 2 weeks. We 'ran out' of those 'unlimited' tasks in 4 days.

We were already planning on upgrading to their infrastructure plan, and would have even been happy had they let us know 'hey, you're using more than we consider fair for our free trial' ... however, without warning, we just got an email that said "Your zap hit its limit" and it had been turned off.

Upon logging in, it still shows that we have 'unlimited' tasks remaining. However, the zap had stopped and (after confirming with support) the data lost in the interim was completely gone.

We immediately upgraded to their $300+/mo plan, which were were already looking to do. I emailed support asking 1. why on earth didn't we get a warning and 2. can we recover the data 3. in what planet is 'unlimited' equal to 10,000 tasks?

(as an aside - initially the upgrade page did not work after trying several different browsers)

Customer support was not helpful nor very apologetic. I'm not primarily frustrated with the agent, so much as the bad policies + combined with a not overly apologetic attitude about them. We were happy to pay in this case, and even for their highest publicly listed plan - and at this point we were a paying customer - and did not get the vibe that Zapier saw any issues with what happened. "Bad news" is what it was described as, not "our mistake."

I realize they're the main player on the block for non-enterprise integrations and the product looks to work amazing - but you've got to own these processes better if you expect large businesses to trust you. However, I get the feeling they're not really that interested in fixing the issue as most of their clients are small businesses who 1. can suffer downtime and 2. can drop Zapier without hurting Zapier much. Bummer. Hope they are a little more honest and customer friendly moving forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be forewarned that if downtime and data loss matter, Zapier support may or may not care. In our case, they didn't own the issue nor their lack of honesty with limits or failure to communicate about our upcoming shutoff.

We are collecting some specific data from Shopify into a Google Sheet in realtime.

Zapier review by Matthew V.
Matthew V.

"Simple for a non coder"

What do you like best?

They already have pre built API or "Zaps" as they call them. so you don't have to go through the extra steps of hiring a coder if you just need something simple. You pay per usage which is also nice. Plus they have many of the popular API's already built saving a lot of time in the process.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could edit some of the zaps in more details, you may be able to do that but since I am not a coder it will take me some time to figure it out, but since I use more basic zaps its not that big of a deal for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since Zapier has a free plan I would start with just a few Zaps, use API's that are needed but won't impact your business a lot if you are worried about getting started. That way you can see how the system works as well as get to know the Zapier system relatively quickly.

I am using Zapier to connect between my gsuite contacts and my Active Campaign email marketing program and CRM. Initially I used the Active Campaign chrome extension but noticed that is was duplicating contact information in the CRM and used Zapier to update the contacts versus creating a new contact. It took about 15 minutes to get up and running. I uploaded a screenshot of when I just started using Zapier.

Zapier review by Daphna G.
Daphna G.

"Super Useful - The Possibilities Are Endless!"

What do you like best?

So easy to work with, and connects to almost every software we use. Honestly, Zapier is indispensable.

What do you dislike?

Not everyone on our team finds it easy to work with. A more accessible or drag-and-drop interface would be handy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely open an account and make a few zaps to try it out. If your zaps send messages/create tasks or content, I would recommend including some sort of "generated by zap" note so other people in the company know where the information is coming from.

Zapier helps us integrate our cloud-based software and also automate common actions. It's saved us a lot of time, and helped us reduce manual data entry.

Zapier review by Rajiv C.
Rajiv C.

"Fantastic App for Connecting our Marketing ecosystem"

What do you like best?

It integrates with pretty much any software that I can think of. This allows all of our marketing tools to speak to each other seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

There can sometimes be delays while firing workflows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small marketing stack with various disjointed apps, i highly recommend subscribing to this solution. It's cost-effective, and does wonders to connect your apps.

Marketing automation is made possible thru this system. We do a lot of webinars and online sessions for clients using the Zoom platform. Using Zapier, we integrate the Zoom webinar sign-up experience from InstaPage and Wordpress directly thru Zoom and into Salesforce, making it a seamless experience for our users and our sales team.

Zapier review by Jonas S.
Jonas S.

"I'm using email zaps to send information from our website to hubspot"

What do you like best?

Is easy to use and manage. The configuration is clear and straight forward.

My use is very restrict, but there are hundreds of apps possible to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment. My use is very limited to send emails to create a zap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to setup and deliver what I need. If there is a in house development team and the integration has a good API implementation, maybe it worth to implement the integration without using it to handle more use cases and possible exceptions.

Every time my system sends and email to me notifying me about a new trial or member submission another email is sent to zapier to add the user to our CRM.

Zapier review by Carson M.
Carson M.

"My Favorite Piece Of Automation Technology"

What do you like best?

I love how customizable it all is... And it is becoming more and more useful as more and more providers connect to Zapier. I have been able to connect nearly every client, regardless of their CRM, to Zapier. That's something I couldn't imagine 5 years ago. I've convinced 7 business to integrate Zapier into their workflows, saving them all thousands of hours each year.

What do you dislike?

The cost... I mainly use Zapier for Facebook Ads automation, and if I'm fully transparent, it seems a little steep. That said, compared to other products in the market for this solution, it's actually fairly reasonable. There really isn't much besides the cost that truly frustrates me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It can only help!

Getting our clients their leads in a timely manner. Less than 5 minutes from lead submission on Facebook, to email hitting CRM.

Zapier review by Diana K.
Diana K.

"Makes integrating separate tools a lot easier"

What do you like best?

I find that zapier keeps on upgrading and optimizing their API features to a level where we can rely that we can always get a better service.

Zapier integrates with a big number of services that otherwise haven't created a direct API connection.

What do you dislike?

Some of the integrations are limited but zapier's own tools like Formatter and Parser can fix a lot of issues.

I find the limitations when using Zapier come mainly from the tools you're connecting - you need to make sure you don't get trapped in infinite update loops.

I use Zapier to connect Ontraport to other third-party sales and business tools.

Sometimes Zapier is the only (reliable) solution on the market.

Zapier review by Ann M.
Ann M.

"Potential to be very effective"

What do you like best?

I needed a solution for automatically posting my weekly newsletters to my business website, as there wasn't existing integration that worked smoothly. And in general, I am a big fan of systems--I'd rather spend my time serving my customers and developing my business than doing repetitive tasks.

What do you dislike?

The specific thing that Zapier does for me, it does reliably. I just don't use many of the programs it can work with. Clearly, for someone who did, the potential time savings is huge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's no reason not to look at suggested tasks--one you identify programs you use, Zapier can suggest ways it might help you.

Zapier frees up time that I can put to creative use.

Zapier review by Ashli S.
Ashli S.

"Inexpensive solution for moving around data"

What do you like best?

I use Zapier to connect data between my CRM and Google Sheets so I can send info to Google Data Studio. Zapier allows me to update data for dashboards in real time, and was fairly easy for a non-programming person like myself to figure out. I also use Zap to transfer customer information for contracts from my CRM to my Sales/Proposal tool.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve was steeper for a non computer programmer such as me. Limited video help, but lots of online documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with help tickets, the customer service response is slow.

My CRM has limited data visualization/dashboards and I am challenged with incorporating custom KPI's into reports. Instead, I zap my data in Sheets then Data Studio and can visually see in real-time the stats and performance of my Sales and Customer Service teams.

Zapier review by Administrator

"Great for beginners and advanced users, but gets expensive"

What do you like best?

Zapier is incredibly flexible and supports a ton of apps. It makes using API's a breeze for people who don't have any programming experience. One feature that I utilize a lot are the Zapier apps such as webhook, code, and filter. This allows for some advanced functionality not available when you use the basic zaps for each app. An example of a Zapier app is the webhook app, you're able to catch data posted to a Zapier URL and then process it and do whatever you want with it. It's incredibly flexible. You're also able to write custom code using the code app in Zapier, and so far I've been able to do anything I wanted with it.

What do you dislike?

Zapier gets expensive and it feels like they nickel and dime you for everything. For example, the filter app counts as a zap even though it's incredibly simple in complexity.

The code app is kinda in the baby stages where it's really hard to debug and edit in the in-browser editor. But honestly, if you're writing custom code you might as well not use Zapier at this point since it defeats the purpose.

I also wish there was a way to group the error emails from zaps. Instead of an email sending everytime a zap fails, maybe have a summary email at the end of the day which shows all the failures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine what level of API integration you need. If it's something simple, use Zapier. If it's more complex just build it out yourself and save yourself the money.

Zapier is allowing is to enable everyone to integrate our marketing technologies together. It offers features for non-programmers and flexibility for people who can actually program.

Zapier review by David James B.
David James B.

"A fabulous set of tools to save time & money"

What do you like best?

There is so much you can achieve with Zapier it is mindblowing.

- The software is simple to use

- Robust - never had an outage or issue

- Cloud-based

What do you dislike?

It is a shame there is not an iOS App that can be used on a mobile or tablet device.

Even though the software is easy to use, sometimes you need to test and play with settings to check how the integrations work and how they will function when live.

There are huge benefits from using this software, the time saving alone has resulted in many hours being saved. But the best part is the process is automated, allowing things to happen when you are busy or even asleep.

Zapier review by Kelli F.
Kelli F.

"Super straight forward to set up, responsive support team when i had questions. "

What do you like best?

My team likes me to send links to our social posts anytime something goes up. That way they can easily share it on their personal profiles.

With Zapier, I was able to automate this so that our social accounts send links to their posts to our teams special slack channel.

Set up was very simple and straight forward. you pick the account that is the trigger, then you pick the account that gets the action and you format the template for whatever you're asking it to do.

I had one or two questions about format along the way, but the support team came back with a response pretty quickly. They had taken screenshots of my setup and marked how i needed to update it. It made the whole process super simple and efficient.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been using it long enough to really have an dislikes.

Oh! I don't like that I can't send LinkedIn posts to my slack channel.... but I think that's a restriction by LinkedIn.

internal communication. Sharing internally what we're promoting externally.

Zapier review by Elly B.
Elly B.

"Very hand if you are non techie"

What do you like best?

I like Zapier because it enables me to feel techie working with apps and their apis. It is like IFTTT but way way better in my workflow because it automates tasks. I like how they manage to make the tools, and software that we use every day into a simple automated workflow.

What do you dislike?

I don't how slow the execution of Zaps sometimes, there's a delay. Also, there seemed to be api errors that only technical people can repair. I wish they can take a look at that. But nonetheless, it is nothing that it unbearable. Aside from it, I have nothing against Zapier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend Zapier if you have a small team with limited resources to automate your business workflow. It is simply one of the best api management tools that is actually working.

A lot. this form would not be enough. First, the automation of our client on boarding. We wanted our new paying customers to chat with us in Slack, and assign tasks in Trello. So upon paying from Paypal, a new channel in Slack is created and a new board in trello is also created. An email will be sent to the client and the they can readily start communicating and sending tasks to us. Very nifty if you ask me. It saves us a lot of time and wasted expectations of the client. The clients are readily engaged upon paying without burning out the enthusiasm, which is awesome.

Learning about Zapier?

* We monitor all Zapier reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.