Do you work for Zapier?

Zapier Reviews & Product Details

What is Zapier?

Zapier enables you to automate tasks between other online services (services like Salesforce, Basecamp, and Gmail). Connect hundreds of best-in-breed SaaS apps.

Zapier Screenshots

Zapier Profile Details

Zapier Profile Details

Zapier
Description
Zapier (YC S12) solves integrations for web services. Zapier provides a simple web interface to sync data between web applications so non-technical users don't have to write a single line of code.
2011

1-50 of 343 total Zapier reviews
Zapier review by Mike H.
Account Manager
Most Recent Zapier Video Review

"Being able to integrate seamlessly"

Zapier review by Caleb T.
Information Technology Staff

"Automation and total control over the data"

What do you like best?

Since we use a large number of SaaS products in our company, Zapier has been really good for integrating data and applications.

With this software we have control over all the data of the integrated applications, it is also really easy to format or modify the tools available to work with that data and thus optimize the transport of data.

The best thing about Zapier is the automation and total control over all the data and connected applications, it is really easy to link them and also optimize them.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about this software is that when creating a new "zap" when you use test data to check something only the most recent event extra. So, if you need to check and compare several test data you can not do it, you have to create several more "zaps" and it is a little complicated to manage that.

Luckily, this only affects "zap" complexes that require a multitude of tests, with most do not have any problems of this type.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Being able to control the data, automate certain functions, integrate many tools and applications in a single software and better manage all the information is what allows this software, so I recommend it for any company that wants to facilitate and improve the processing of data.

In our company we have used integrated code blocks to personalize and integrate the tools we use within our company. If you have a little knowledge about coding, this allows you to integrate a multitude of tools. If you have knowledge of Javascript or Phyton you have almost unlimited possibilities in this regard.

The debugging system is quite complete and works efficiently. When we have had an error we have modified that "zap" thanks to the own debugging tools that this system has, so that generates that we have more confidence in this tool and that we can modify and change any "zap" without any fear of lose information.

Finally, also note that when a customer or worker has entered data in front-end forms have obtained the correct PDF that has served to solve their needs, this greatly increases the speed and efficiency.

Zapier review by Johann L.
Agile Sr. Business Analyst (Under Contract)

"Don't have to code to use APIs"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to connect different applications to each other without having to know any specific languages. Zapier is a good fit for those folks who "know enough to be dangerous" when it comes to technology but they aren't fully invested in languages.

If you're able to work on the front end of a basic website then you shouldn't have any trouble working with Zapier. Zapier walks you through the process from end-to-end. Super easy tool to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you get an error message and you have to figure out how to fix it. I'd call this a minor drawback and you'll need to be patient when you're using the tool.

Another minor drawback would be making sure your "Zap" (the connection) is turned on. It's easy to neglect the on and off toggle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zapier has a free version and a paid version. Consider the free version to test and make sure you like it. Know what programs you want to connect and what output you want. You'll most likely need to play around with the tool to get the output you want.

I like that Zapier walks you through the process every time. You'll repeat the same steps and you're able to see a test result before turning on your "Zap". For the free Zapier version the program syncs every 15 minutes. I believe the paid version syncs more frequently.

I needed to connect Google Sheets with Office 365. I had to connect calendars, Google Forms, and Asana (don't ever use Asana) so that an email would populate.

Zapier review by Colin O.
IT Administrator
Internet

"Very easily automate workflows"

What do you like best?

I was hoping to connect a few accounts to make my existing helpdesk workflow work better. I was able to set a Zap up using Zapier and get everything running within 10 minutes!

What do you dislike?

There are some times that accounts can disconnect from Zapier and the Zaps will stop working without warning. It can sometimes take days for me to notice so a more frequent reminder or warning would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it free to begin with, and then implement if it works for you. Easy as that!

The existing helpdesk solution at my office is a dedicated Slack channel where users post their issues. There wasn't a way to grab metrics from this, and I didn't want to disrupt the current workflow. With Zapier, I was able to create a Zap that creates a ticket in Zendesk (and tags me in Slack) whenever a user reacts to a Slack message in our support channel with a specfic emoji. I was then able to create a Zap to close those tickets whenever I react with a specific emoji after the initial ticket is created. This has made my life so much easier!

Zapier review by Brandon T.
Team Lead of Paid Social

"Zapier has been a very easy integration tool to help me capitalize on Facebook Lead Ads"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to integration with a large amount of different apps to push the leads I collect on Facebook through to any CRM or email platform . I've been very impressed with the support and their ability to help me troubleshoot issues. I also love that I get notified if I ever have an issue with a Zap so I can immediately address it. We can easily organize the different zaps that we have based on different accounts that we are creating leads for so we can easily segment our leads.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that there isn't a chat feature with support and you have to email in. I'd like something a little quicker to respond or troubleshoot issues with.

Without Zapier, I would have to manually download the leads that I get from the many Facebook Lead Ads that I am running. I'd then have to manually integrate it to a CRM or email them over to a sales department to follow up. Zapier helps me immediately allow the sales team to follow up with leads collected through our Facebook paid acquisition channel so we can contact leads while they are hot.

Zapier review by Gourav M.
Software Engineer

"Internet based business can't scale without Zaps (Zapier)"

What do you like best?

We love the very concept of the Zapier as we've been using IFTTT. It is so simple and easy to create Zaps in Zapier. Every single Zaps ton of our manual work and time. Sometimes it's lil complicated to create multistep Zaps and their email ticketing support system is quite complex.

What do you dislike?

It's very costly, and that's why we're thinking of moving to PieSync and IFTTT as it's nearly impossible to pay that much monthly or annually. We love the abundance of Apps and integrations. The limitation of 5 Zaps and 100 monthly automation tasks per month is really disheartening.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please decrease the plans and pricing and remove many important apps from the Premium categories.

Zapier is helping us in adding our leads to CRM for automation and Email marketing. We're also able to send them custom SMS for feedback and survey. We love the abundance of Apps and integrations which made it quite simple for us to use it the way we want and as when we wanted. Secondly, the replay feature and easy availability of webhooks and REST API is another advantage.

Zapier review by Jacob W.
Marketing Analist

"Zapier Review"

What do you like best?

The ability to integrate all the programs that I use to be able to automate a large portion of my job allows the ability to get more work done. Being able to remove steps in my daily tasks allows me to stress a lot less and get more done.

What do you dislike?

I wish there wasn't a limit of the number of zaps that could be done during a month. Our business is very cyclical and we have to have a high number of zaps available even during our slow months. I wish there was a way for our company to have a yearly allotment and not having to worry about getting close to our monthly allotment each month during our busy months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always keep checking for new updates with the software you are currently using to see if you can automate anything else and to see if any of the other software that you use has been added. Automation has saved me so much time and I don't know how I ever completed my job without Zapier.

We used to have to manually create all of our shipping labels, one at a time by copying and pasting shipping information to our shipping software. Now by using Zapier, we can automatically create orders on our shipping software and one click to create all of our labels for a day. We didn't have to hire a new employee to just make shipping labels.

Zapier review by Laura  D.
Business Owner
(Myself Only)

"I don't know how I'd get by without Zapier!"

What do you like best?

Zapier is a god send, allowing me to integrate the various tools I use to run my business, and automate manual tasks that I really don't need to waste time and energy doing. I can seemlessly have a new client book in Acuity, they get added to Kartra for email marketing, a new folder is created in Google Drive and my inbox for their files and correspondence, all without me having to do anything.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there aren't the right triggers or actions for what I would like to achieve using Zapier. But I suspect this may be more to do with the other tools I am using, as opposed to Zapier itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go, you won't regret it, and will wonder how you ever got by without it!

Really is a time saver, meaning I don't have to do a bunch of tasks manually because I can automate them using Zapier. And I know I am only touching the surface with how I am using it.

Zapier review by Patrick  H.
CEO

"Key for early-stage startups"

What do you like best?

As an early-stage startup, we don't have many resources. Zapier helps us automate a lot of our workload. No coding required! The front-end display is great for us and you can intuitively connect cloud apps. This is super important to us as our developer resources have to go to building our MVP, not to doing backend business automations. Zapier solves an important problem for us!

What do you dislike?

The automations can be delayed by up to 5 minutes before triggering. It's not a huge issue. Beyond that, the software is great. Over 1000+ integrations to every single cloud app we use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for tech startups! Highly recommended and it will save you hours of time each week. It's capable of doing pretty much anything you can think of, making it's only real limitation your imagination.

We're using it to automate all repetitive tasks. For under $100 a month we automate 3000 tasks. We save hours each week! It helps us automate follow ups, keep our CRM in synch, keep everything sorted in our project management software, and much much more! It's truly amazing software and I highly recommend it!

Zapier review by Juan J.
Digital marketing specialist

"Helps you integrate different software together!! Truly Amazing"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Zapier allows for the integration for just about any software. We are using the software to link up zoho CRM to our inventory management system. We also like the fact that it is very easy to set up, unlike many other software we are currently using. Zapier is easy and ready to go as it also gives you popular combinations of software such as facebook leads going to excel. This is truly amazing automation

What do you dislike?

I honestly dont think we have anything bad that we can say about the software, the only thing is that it should maybe allow you to customize things even more, but as mention this software is truly one of the best we have discovered. I am amazed how there isnt much buzz word about this wonderful software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zapier is very useful if you have to automate or need different software you currently use to sync with one another. Zapier will allow for multiple functions to sync up, I like the fact that there is a free version and also paid versions depending on your needs.

We used Zapier to take care of our syncing problems. We currently had a CRM system that did not integrate with our inventory management system. After looking and researching we found Zapier which was exactly what we needed. This software acts like a syncing machine between a lot of 3rd party software. Really like this, and its become one of my favorite to use.

Zapier review by Nickolas R.
Social Media Manager
Automotive

"Syncing Facebook Leads Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Zapier has such a wide variety of integrations but the main one the team uses is the integration to send emails when a Facebook Lead is submitted. It's super effective and works in real time. Each of our zaps can be changed or modified to suit the client and input the information and data they want.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we dislike is that setting up a brand new zap can be a little difficult to follow but once you set up one, you can easily copy that and edit it to suit your new facebook lead or your clients needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zapier has so many integrations, from Gmail, Facebook, CRM software to Google docs, sheets etc. There are hundreds of options in Zapier and I would recommend it to anyone who needs to sync leads from Facebook directly to an email of a client. They have all the tools available to make your day to day life easier and to save you time.

The main business problem we are solving is synching facebook leads, in real time, and sending them directly to clients. There is no more sending CSV files or leads lists to clients as they are receiving them via email while the lead is still hot. In the automotive industry, our clients need to act fast and the fact that Zapier sends emails directly to the sales team means that the customer can get a call within 30 minutes of submitting a lead

Zapier review by Geork A.
Supervisor de turno

"Group several apps in a single window"

What do you like best?

It is a kind of assistant with a wide sale, allows you to move information between several applications and favorite tools automatically, saving time and systematizing tasks.

Example you can combine the Gmail email application with Dropbox to automatically add the attachments of emails to the cloud, this will give more space in Drive

What do you dislike?

As every free version has storage limitations, however, this does not limit the number of functions for which it can be used, per month the free account has to assign up to 100 tasks, but it is automatically renewed upon completion of each month of use from the moment of the subscription

Recommendations to others considering the product

Open an account with the email address you use daily, and to learn how to use Zapier, enter the option in the task panel that says: tips & advice, will help you discover new ways of use

When working in mechanical work lines and operations, zapier is an excellent option to automate several tasks in a single application.

In addition to having helped me discover new applications and software that I did not know existed, the integration options are a wonderful world that leads you to reinvent new ways of organizing your daily work every time you open the page

Zapier review by David  B.
Director

"A Zap above the rest"

What do you like best?

I have been using Zapier within our businesses for in excess of 3 years, during this period it has been fault free. It allows us to reduce the amount of double entry work, capturing data and information from one platform and seamlessly pushing that data to another platform.

There is so much you can achieve with Zapier it is mindblowing.

What do you dislike?

To be honest there isn't much to dislike at all. It does what it says on the tin and works very well.

- The software is simple to use

- Very cost effective (there is even a Free option which allows you to do so much)

- Robust - never had an outage or issue

- Innovation - Zapier are always looking at new tools, partners or making existing processes better

- Integration - Integrates well with so many other 3rd parties software platforms

- Cloud-based

Zapier review by Melissa M.

"Zapier makes me happier!"

What do you like best?

I love that when all else fails with a customization or integration, I know that Zapier has my back! I've been able to link different services in extremely customized ways. I have been able to slowly learn how to perform more complicated "zaps" as my time allows, and customer support has always been top notch, responding quickly and thoroughly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. My only problems have been with the users of the services that I have linked to Zapier, not Zapier themselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do some training and get to know the really intricate things you can accomplish with Zapier! They have a really good knowledge base, and things that you think aren't even possible most likely ARE possible.

I am able to filter out very specific transactions and report them several ways in different platforms. For example, an online order from Shopify can be "zapped" to both Salesforce AND an outside vendor's inventory spreadsheet.

Zapier review by Alex O.
National Marketing Manager
Renewables & Environment

"So Many Possibilities. So Little Customer Service."

What do you like best?

There is a Zap for everything, which makes workarounds a breeze. I don't even sweat the integration of platforms anymore - I know there's a Zap for that.

What do you dislike?

The customer service. It is simply atrocious. I have a couple of issues now with Zaps not quite working as they should, so I opted to contact them for support. Despite their claim of a maximum wait time of 24 hours - I've never even received a response. The first time I gave them a free pass, brushing it off as a missed email or an ill employee. But then when it happened again and again, I knew that they just couldn't be bothered to help. And unfortunately, now I think twice before using Zapier. For anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't ask for help. You won't get it.

Integrations and automations of deals, tasks, actions.

Zapier review by Madeline H.
Co-Founder

"Zapier integrates extremely easily with a vast amount of applications"

What do you like best?

I love Zapier for many reasons. It integrates extremely easily with other websites and applications I use. I do online marketing and I greatly rely on Zapier. I like that there are endless options of applications you cant create zaps with... so if you need to switch applications, you do not have to worry at all about Zapier not being able to easily integrate with the new app.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing I dislike about Zapier. Everything works smoothly and great. The only problem I have noticed is that it sometimes thinks my zaps are not delivering, when they are. But that is no big deal to me, personally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! It is extremely worth it and will save you hours and hours of hassle.

I am "connecting the dots" between all the applications I use for my marketing business. It removes the manual labor and stress from me. It increases my work flow and I never run into any issues like other applications.

Zapier review by Sam A.
Sales and Marketing Assistant

"The benchmark for easy automation"

What do you like best?

Zapier integrates with most of the tools that we use, making it an ideal middle-man to automate many of our processes.

The tool itself has a relatively easy learning curve, and you'll be able to automate practically instantly when you start using it.

It takes a whole lot of admin off our plate so we can focus on actually finding more ways to grow our business.

The support staff are also great, they reply in reasonable time and can usually point you to the right solution for most of your problems.

What do you dislike?

Some tools/apps that we use are missing from Zapier's portfolio, but it still has quite a large range of apps to choose from.

Other automation tools have a greater degree of functionality, and I hope Zapier catches up to them soon, because their ease-of-use is still on the high end of the scale.

Also wish there was more guidance from Zapier (or the community) on how to increase the efficiency of the zaps themselves; theres alot of content on how to imrpove business efficiency, quite often find ourselves stretching the limit on tasks.

Reducing the amount of administrative tasks we do on a daily basis.

Zapier review by Brett F.
Founder & Digital Marketer

"The best alternative to custom integrations."

What do you like best?

Zapier is easily one of my favorite SaaS products on the market. It's full of amazing hidden features that make automating small tasks super simple. My team uses it to connect different SaaS products together and pass data to automate things.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like about Zapier. There are a few integrations that I would like them to spend more time on, but their library is so big, that I can't complain too much.

Specifically, we use Infusinonsoft quite a bit and it would be nice to have a few more integration options with that product, but what they have is a great start and fits most of our needs right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, no additional recommendations.

It's impossible to name everything I've used Zapier for because there are so many different uses, but here are a few examples:

- Integrating my CRM with my project management tool, so that when I get new customers, projects are automatically created.

- Automatically creating Google contacts for new leads off my website

- Auto-updating Google sheets with on-going survey data

- Parsing lead data from emails and adding them to my CRM automtically

Zapier review by Nate B.
IT Associate

"Excellent integrator at a great price point"

What do you like best?

Zapier acts kind of like a force multiplier for your different pieces of software that don't natively communicate with each other allowing you to extract more functionality for your dollar. Getting your SurveyMonkey form emailed to you is nice, but having that survey generated into a formatted ticket in your Helpdesk system is the icing on the cake!

So far we've been using the free plan and have yet to run into the 5 Zap/Month cap. The next tier up quadruples that amount for less than $20 a month, so it's an excellent value for the functionality you gain from it!

What do you dislike?

There can be quite a bit of back and forth, trial and error when you're setting up your Zaps. I would suggest setting aside some time where you won't be interrupted when you're creating or editing your Zap because it can take a decent amount of time to get everything to appear formatted exactly the way you want it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free plan which allows you to create up to 5 Zaps and run 100 tasks a month, so it's certainly worth giving it a try to see if it can make some of your work processes more seamless.

We typically use Zapier as a way to turn our SurveyMonkey responses into formatted tickets in our FreshService helpdesk. This provides us with clear, consistent results and makes the entire process rather seamless. I can see our SCADA team wanting to flesh this out more in the future to integrate their Jira instance with our FreshService helpdesk.

Zapier review by Kevin J.
Administration
Automotive

"Excellent API tool"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. I build zaps in a few minutes that will permanently automate a process.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't link to everything yet. Sometimes it's difficult to find or sort out the existing automations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The point of zapier is to link two systems together, so you need to have a pair of systems in mind to get started, though sometimes it can be useful in looping back into the same system. It links to common platforms like Facebook and Gmail, so those are a good place to start. Or if you have a tool, you like but which doesn't do everything you need, see if it's linked to Zapier, and then search their system for a tool to meet your outstyanding needs.

First it was just to link our business process software with a document population piece; but now we use it for reporting, to automate business process, to generate alerts, and red-flags.

Zapier review by Yiannis P.

"Great push based automation - with scope to code your own"

What do you like best?

In terms of basic push based automation (ie get a row from Google Sheets into Slack) it's great -- if slightly limited on the individual actions as these are defined by the product APIs used.

With 1000+ connectors, you can generally get data in and out without much hassle. Having a Zapier integration has become one of the main requirements when selecting suppliers for clients.

What do you dislike?

Very few - some limitations on which data sources can be extracted from which products/platforms. But that's a limitation of the products rather than Zapier.

Would love to see sync connectors which keep multiple data-sets consistent with one another over time. Though there are other automation platforms which meet that need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Map out your workflows and integrations, making manual changes and re-testing due to lack of planning is time consuming.

Getting small volumes of fast moving data between programs.

Zapier review by Myles S.

"Zapier is God's gift to marketers who want to create complex APIs but can't code"

What do you like best?

I am a Marketing Manager at my company and I rely on Zapier to automate complex and repetitive tasks between our Marketing Automation platform, SharpSpring, and pretty much any app under the sun. I consider it my swiss-army knife and use it to "make the magic happen".

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about the platform. It's super intuitive and allows anyone to connect apps in a few minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the apps that you want to connect are actually supported by Zapier. They have a huge list that is growing all of the time, but occasionally they do not support specific apps. If it appears that Zapier does not have support for any particular app, I would recommend contacting the support team at the company directly to double check. Sometimes app integrations are in beta and do not appear on the main list.

I use Zapier to send and receive lead data to 3rd parties, automate reporting, automate our demo scheduling process, post Slack messages, notify me of behaviors in other apps. It allows one person to accomplish what would normally only be possible by hiring a developer.

Zapier review by Kai C.
Head Of Marketing

"Endlessly useful"

What do you like best?

Speeds up a lot of more complex requirements we have in the marketing team by enabling us to build more integrations ourselves without having to wait for development or external resources.

Really love the new Zapier internal apps like formatter and filters - makes zaps almost function like little computer programs.

What do you dislike?

Not much really - only issue we find is that some partners have less complete integrations than others, so sometimes you can't build things out quite as you expect.

One thing I do wish we could have is the ability to make different branches to a zap (ie rather than a filter just saying continue/stop if we could send down different paths based on a filter)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump in and get started! It's almost addictive, once you start, you'll find all sorts of things you'd like to automate!

Integrating systems across different parts of the business. The integration work would normally take a lot longer and cost a lot more if we didn't have access to Zapier.

Zapier review by Tami Osmer M.
Client Services/Grammar Specialist
Civil Engineering

"Timesaving and simple automation"

What do you like best?

I love how Zapier takes different programs and ties them together, creating smooth workflows and interactions that would otherwise require several steps to accomplish, thus saving TONS of time.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback is that some programs I use have not yet been included in the huge list of Zapier programs. I'm not too concerned, though because at the rate they add new programs, it's only a matter of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out with the free account!

Running an international events calendar website requires a lot of cogs to turn to stay current. With Zapier, I add events to an Airtable base, and those events automatically get added to the main calendar, from which other calendars pull the info to put onto our website. When others submit events, Zapier sends them a nice email thanking them, and then adds the event to our Airtable database, which then moves it elsewhere appropriately. It saves me HOURS every day!

Zapier review by Lindsey F.
(10,001+ employees)

"APIs for the rest of us"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Zapier makes connecting my apps and share data between them without needing a lot of technical expertise.

What do you dislike?

Setting up zaps can be a bit difficult. Understandable due to the potential complexity of the apps involved and desired outcomes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zapier's a great product that's always growing to include more apps and features. Their support is second to none. I'm willing to bet that just about every business could really benefit from their product. It really does get the busy work out of the way so you can focus on the work that's most important to you.

Zapier connects our lead gen forms (Sumo) with our CRM (Salesforce). Our sales team wasn't interested in manually creating leads from our form submissions, so Zapier has saved them crucial time and effort.

Zapier review by Benjy U.
Project Manager
Education Management

"Great Solution for Sharing and Compiling Form Submissions"

What do you like best?

We use Zapier primarily for compiling and sharing form submissions from users of our products into Google Sheets. I like how easy it is to use and compile information. We literally use Zapier every day across many departments. It does what we need.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit of a learning curve. If you're not familiar, it might take a little while to get used to using it, as it's not something normal people use regularly. Only a few of our staff know how to use it efficiently. For example, you need some background knowledge about how columns sync with Zaps in Google Sheets, and if you change anything slightly, it will delete information. But this shouldn't scare anyone. It's really a good solution that we use all the time. Just make sure you have people that know what they are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend that you don't have too many people in your organization using Zapier. It could complex things if too many people are using it. Limit to just a few knowledgeable people that know the basics. But it's not hard to learn and get started. Definitely a must-use solution for most organizations out there.

We were looking for a way that all of our staff and customers can view public information without giving them too much login credentials. Zapier has helped us transfer information instantly without having to give to much info to the public.

Zapier review by Maciek P.
Head of User Acquisition and Growth
Internet

"Very Useful tool for Automating Data Flow in Real Time"

What do you like best?

Zapier is a very useful tool I use in my daily work flows. The thing I like about it the most is the Gsheets integration and how that connects to other marketing or CRM platforms. I use various channels for lead generation and acquisition, and if something doest not talk to another, there is always a Zap for it.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. However, with anything, as many zap combinations as there are, there is always one of two that is missing. I was unable to get Zapier to create a workaround for a LinkedIN leads campaign into Hubspot, but I have a feeling that the actual limitation was on Hubspot's end.

It has a array of integrations allowing data to flow freely, and we use Zapier as much as possible. A few workflows include 1) Facebook leads to GSheets, Clearbit enrichment, then zapped into Hubspot with Clearbit data parameters 2) Notifications of G2Crowd reviews into Slack 3) New lead notifications from multiple forms in Facebook into Slack. 4) Woopra to SalesForce Leads. It is full of amazing features that make automating small tasks a breeze.

Zapier review by Maxim O.
Programmer
Computer Networking

"Good online service for clue anything Any data with any data"

What do you like best?

Can do triggers with time or specific data.

Integrates hundreds of applications with each other.

There are several formats of data (numbers, string, time) and there are simple math with the data.

Integrates with popular CRM services, with popular Gmail system, with online Spreadsheets like Airtable and Google spreadsheets, with any system through callbacks.

Clear politics of action cost. And there is a free plan with several limitations.

What do you dislike?

Very small steps of tuning. Cant do smart rules in one step.

Only 2 weeks of trial period of doing 3 or more steps in the actions. So cant test complicated systems with free of charge. And cant do most of integrations with free 2 step action. Difficult to copy - paste actions. Not comfortable if need data between actions - need done many test actions and call many test triggers for first tuning or for do small change in the architecture.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a smart research of price before creating architecture of your system. Calculate step-costs now and in the future of your API-callbacks. Also if use small cost of actions but difficult architecture, you will need more time for change and support your system, so need to find balance for useful implementing.

Integrate CRM systems with notification systems.

Integrate Mail with automate Telegram bot systems (flowxo).

Integrate CRM with Telegram bots through API callbacks.

Easy to set-up the first run of integration and easy to do than more complicate and smart system.

Zapier review by Jacob W.
Director, Customer Engagement

"Zapier: Connecting Disparate Platforms Easily"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to connect two systems; the triggers and actions are intuitive and exactly in line with what I want.

What do you dislike?

For better or for worse, Zapier updates some of their zaps pretty frequently, and I can find that I'm using a deprecated version of a Zap without really any heads up. Once deprecated, the Zaps have a tendency to fail more often, and it's always a troubleshooting exercise -- I wish I had better notice around the deprecations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To use Zapier effectively, you've got to have an idea for what you want to do with it. Make sure they are tied to the systems you want before moving forward; however, Zapier is super flexible, and I highly recommend using it for your integrations.

We use Zapier to combine loads of data into Google Sheets -- it helps us with data analysis and goaling, and it's made the process significantly easier.

Zapier review by Stephan H.
Owner, Digital Marketing Strategist
Internet

"Powerful platform, more powerful partnership"

What do you like best?

Two things stand out to me: first, the built-in Zapier apps are fantastic. They bridge the gap between applications that wouldn't intuitively work together, and give you tools to optimize how Zapier fits into your own technology stack.

Second is the customer support team. In a word, they're incredible. They love solving problems so look to them for consultative guidance not just tech support. Their Teams structure is moving in the right direction for agency-style accounts, and they are very open to feedback. It definitely feels like a partnership.

What do you dislike?

When you need to connect an account that someone else owns (a client's Facebook account, for example), the experience is a bit awkward. This is really no fault of Zapier per se, it's an appropriate security restriction on the part of these apps. But because of the way we use Zapier (we manage zaps on behalf of our customers), it means passing keyboard/mouse controls over to them so they can log into their accounts on our computers. I'm sure there are other ways to do this, like inviting them to our team account, but the goal of automation (and Zapier) is to be invisible, so that isn't optimal.

Other than that, I'd love a more robust reporting interface to see how my 200+ zaps are performing, if there are error trends, etc.

We have an app in Zapier for our employee advocacy platform, Bambu by Sprout Social. At first it simply helped us close a competitive gap. But as we learned more about what "integration" really meant to our customers, and experimented with different kinds of zaps, Zapier has given our solutions team the ability to educate prospects and customers about how to think a little bigger than their initial integration need.

So now we've closed a competitive gap AND become a more trusted vendor by way of expertise, which obviously has helped us close more business.

Zapier review by Kelly G.
Graduate Assistant
Higher Education

"Great tool for automation"

What do you like best?

I think the user interface is great. If you're new to Zapier, it's pretty straight forward to figure out how it works from the website. The interface also makes it very quick to search for applications of interest. Time to create your first Zap is just a few minutes. I generally set mine up for website forms and other tasks that I'd like to automate. Zapier walks you through the process pretty well, although I advise running a few tests to make sure you've not only got the Zap working, but also that the information you receive at the endpoint is in the format you want.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally Zaps stop working even if you haven't changed anything (that you can think of). That's happened to me twice. More customization would also be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not already using it, you should definitely check Zapier out - stat. Easy time saver headed your way. The amount of things you can automate using Zaps is pretty amazing - once you realize this, you won't believe it took you so long before.

Automation baby.

Zapier review by Greg D.
Owner

"Zapier is the Ultimate Connection"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Zapier is that it connects just about any application ti any other application, and when you use a lot of automation like I do, that is essential.

With Zapier I can connect Facebook Lead ads, forms on my landing pages, chat transcripts, and more directly to my automation platform. From there I can initiate campaigns of all kinds.

The key is being able to get collected contact information into the system and organize it for use in automation. This is where Zapier plays a critical role. By connecting to so many different APIs, it allows me to assemble all of the necessary data from ads, opt-in forms, and chat applications into one place.

Another thing that I love about Zapier is that it is very affordable. The price I pay for practically universal integration is more then reasonable.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Zapier. It's simple, it's efficient, and it's affordable. The only thing I would change about it is to add more integrations.

It would be nice to have more integrations within the recruiting industry such as connections between job boards and popular ATS systems.

Ultimately I look for Zapier to provide more integrations to social media and big data analytics applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use separate web-based services for things like chat, email marketing, landing pages, etc., I highly recommend using Zapier to connect all of your data.

It's easy to use, affordable, and it will make your life so much easier.

Zapier is my all-in-one solution for assembling contact data into my automation platform. It has allowed me to collect customer data from many channels and bring it all into one CRM, one Email Automation System, one Sales Manager, and one Analytics Solution. This way, even though my information comes from multiple sources, my automation campaigns all run from a central source.

Zapier review by Steve S.
Partner+Creative Director

"So easy a dummy could do it… oh wait, thats me."

What do you like best?

Deep integrations that don't require a developers background. As a creative director Im more of a visual person and dont get into API functionality, but Zapier made it easy and dare I say a bit fun to do.

What do you dislike?

Can get costly fast… We are a small shop and need to police every dime, we did have to put a few of our automation wants and needs on hold with Zapier and look for other alternatives, although nothing we have came across was as easy and intuitive to use.

We use Basecamp 3 and its still a little limited as to automations and connectivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a budget allocate for the automations… once you see the power of them you will be bummed if you cannot implement.

Our major want was to connect our billing/invoicing, time keeping and project management programs together.

Zapier review by Adam F.
Director of Marketing

"Workflow automation for almost every need"

What do you like best?

Zapier is like the Swiss Army knife of the web. Whenever I need to streamline workflows or have apps place nice with each other, I can always count on Zapier for a solution. From marketing automation at work to personal zaps for day-to-day tasks, I've used Zapier for various needs across the board.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can not think of anything I dislike. Every once and a while, a desired integration isn't always available out of the box. This is typically a limitation from the provider's API and not Zapier fault. But there are almost always workarounds to get the task(s) done.

Data synchronization between marketing and sales automation tools. Communicating important events across various chat channels like when leads come in or trials convert. Having dozens of apps talk to each other saves previous hours every month.

Zapier review by Michael C.
President

"Very helpful, flexible, and easy-to-use tool"

What do you like best?

Zapier integrates with what seems like almost every existing software, and creates bridges or links to automate functions between them. Its simple interface is also very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I honestly would be reaching to find something to complain about. Maybe the only thing for our application is the fact that the free tier isn't quite enough for our needs, and the lowest paid tier is extreme overkill.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm not sure they even have any competitors to compare to, but Zapier does a great job with their product and support, and their email newsletter is even great.

We are using Zapier to automate the transfer of names and email addresses we collect from the signup form on the digital edition of our magazine, which is hosted on the Joomag platform, to our MailChimp email database.

Zapier review by User

"Powerful, if you have ideas to use it"

What do you like best?

It has a reaaaally wide arrange of apps to connect, and adding this to the capability of having multiple-steps zaps (tasks), you can go really crazy on automating your tasks or creating new awesome functionalities in the apps you already use. The thing is, it always depends on your needs. I find that most of the times, a company could find workarounds or sacrifice a bit of automation without regretting not using Zapier.

What do you dislike?

While it's easy to use, one can feel that is more oriented to intermediate-advanced users, which can scare some people away. I think this could be solved only with some UX/UI changes. Also, there are some really popular apps that are Premium (that means, you've to be a paying customer in order to use them in Zapier). While I understand that it's a business and they have to make money, I think that, taking into account their popularity, to me, making them Premium looks more like a trick than a logical requirement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check all the available integrations to know what Zapier is capable of, then you will get some ideas on what to use it for.

We created new functionalities by connecting two apps and thus avoiding using the time of our developers.

Zapier review by Jamie D.
Learning Management System Administrator, Training Specialist
Machinery

"One of the best tools for automated workflows"

What do you like best?

Integrates with so many different online services/tools. Creating and managing workflows is easy compared to the competition. Has the tightest integration with Typeform that I can find. Supports two-factor authentication for added account security.

What do you dislike?

A connected account may require you to re-authenticate after a period of time and no notification is received from Zapier telling you to do so. This may be limited to the one connection that I experienced this with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my search of the best online automation tool, I trialed over 10 different services. Zapier was the most complete tool and was one of the easiest to use. They were the only one that fully integrated with all of the API options of another service that we use. The cost is also reasonable.

Zapier has allowed us to create automated workflows with other online services that we use for training. This allowed us to save $30k in LMS fees. We have created an online training and quizzing tool by connecting a couple of online services and it is all automated by Zapier.