Zen Planner

Zen Planner is a comprehensive member management software for gyms, affiliate gyms, martial arts schools, MMA schools and fitness studios. The solution provides everything necessary to turn your passion into a successful business. With integrated payment processing and automated billing, a self-service Kiosk iPad App, an engaging member app for Android and Apple devices, scheduling, automations, Advanced Workout Tracking, belt and skill tracking, site templates and more, you have everything required to grow, nurture and retain your valued members.

Work for Zen Planner?

Learning about Zen Planner?

Compare Zen Planner to Similar Solutions

Zen Planner Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 54 Zen Planner reviews
Zen Planner review by <span>Sanjit M.</span>
Sanjit M.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Switching from MindBody was a great move!

What do you like best?

The UX, user exprience. It is so much easier to use than MindBody. I was using it for almost 2 years and then wanted a login system for my students and to be able to track techniques for students.

I can customize my dashboard to my liking as to what I need to see, what is important to me. I even setup a birthday alert so I know a student has a birthday coming up. it even has a retail component with no additional charge.

What do you dislike?

The app isn't available on Android OS yet, but the sign-in via the kiosk website works like a charm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An admin app, or mobile response and Android OS app.

The ability to send emails through the software is great, I don't need to use gmail or outlook.

If I want to send emails to certain members, I can click on their names, pick a template or customize the email to them. I can also save the new template.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zen Planner
Zen Planner review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

Comprehensive and easy to use

What do you like best?

I like how the dashboard was very easy to navigate. Everything was laid out very clearly. I don't schedule a large number of classes yes, but I can see that becoming a lot easier with an app like this. I appreciate the free trial which allows you to identify how useful the app could be to your company before any commitment.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I've noticed so far has been unappealing. The free trial lasts long enough for you to get an idea of what features you can utilize, or which features you don't need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are needing to schedule a large amount of classes, this could significantly help keep you organized. The dashboard is easy to use and would work well for any number of staff members.

Helps plan classes better so I don't risk overlapping/scheduling issues. It helps me become more organized with my scheduling. It makes it easy to incorporate other staff members as well no matter how large of a company you have.

What Gym Management solution do you use?

Zen Planner review by <span>Lauren H.</span>
Lauren H.

Don't get mad, get Zen with Zen Planner.

What do you like best?

Their customer service is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Seriously, I've never been so pleased with a customer service experience in my life. And not just once but every. single. time. Their employees are well trained and extremely caring, professional, & personal. Add an easy-to-use software on top of it...amazing!

What do you dislike?

The setup process was a little complicated. But really, putting together all of that data, integrating a payment system, all that, it's nothing on Zen Planners end of things, it's just a bit of a task. I did wish the onboarding process was a little easier to get through, and that we could have access to replays of it instead of having to sign up for the onboarding process again if needed. I also believe you had to pay for a second onboarding experience. So when I left the gym and my replacement needed to learn the system, that made it a little difficult. I had to show her myself for the most part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! If you ever run into any problems at all, contact their customer support center. They are extremely fast, reliable, and helpful. Once you're in, be sure to play around with and utilize all the different settings, there is SO MUCH you can do with Zen Planner!

I loved the scheduling process, the ability to add and delete classes, events, and appointments super easily. Accepting payments, contacting members, signing waivers, all of that was solved so quickly and easily.

Zen Planner review by <span>Peter G.</span>
Peter G.

Zenplanner gets out of the way and looks good doing it.

What do you like best?

I assist my teacher in a lot of administrative things around the studio. We've used a few systems before, but this one is simple enough for him (a not very technical person) to use and understand. The more he uses it, the better he understands it, the more that he doesn't have to use it. It's great about getting out of the way, helping him track attendance and helping students register for classes so he can adequately plan capacity.

What do you dislike?

I wish the email sender had a "Code" mode so I can see (and break out of) the weird WYSIWYG stuff that sometimes happens.

More importantly, I really wish that I could take a particular report and export it as a CSV or XLS file, this way I could do some more advanced analytics on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It just gets set up and gets out of the way. You can use your existing payment processor, and you can import from your old service, or even import users from other lead capturing systems.

This helps non-technical users get into our system so we don't have to keep their demographics updated. The birthday emails are a cute addition and add a personal touch. The automation functions are great, and I really should leverage them more.

Zen Planner review by <span>David N.</span>
David N.

Zen Planner is amazing

What do you like best?

Zen Planner is amazing. I used a couple of different well known registration systems before Zen Planner and they were both filled with bugs that caused their system to perform poorly at times. As a business owner, I want a product that will work as it is designed to work. I have not had problems with Zen Planner in this area.

Zen Planner is a great online registration system for people who are looking for a point of sales system that integrates scheduling. They also have widgets that you can add to your website that are user friendly. The system has phenomenal online resources for the clients, customizable data reporting and it integrates with email marketing systems like Mail Chimp, Overall, Zen Planner is a well put together program and I highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

The check out section for products are in a different area than the memberships checkout area. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice if it was all in one section when you ring someone up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get Zen Planner

Online registration.

Zen Planner review by <span>Lacee S.</span>
Lacee S.

Pretty good with some hiccups.

What do you like best?

I like the phone app feature. I also like the training they provide at the beginning of signing up.

What do you dislike?

There are a a lot of restrictions on things I wish I could do. Example: I can't have a free trial option as well as an option to pay $20 for a drop-in. Why would I need this? We do not charge a local that is looking for a new gym home a drop-in fee. An out-of-towner, on the other hand, is charged $20.

It's very easy for members to update their own payment methods, which saves us time having them do it themselves.

Learning about Zen Planner?

* We monitor all Zen Planner reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Zen Planner to Similar Solutions