Zendesk Chat

Zendesk Chat’s live chat solution helps businesses increase sales conversion by engaging important leads on their websites.

Work for Zendesk Chat?
Livehelpnow livechat  2x

Learning about Zendesk Chat?

Zendesk Chat Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 192 Zendesk Chat reviews
Zendesk Chat review by <span>Krystian D.</span>
Krystian D.

Amazing Way Chat With Support Team

What do you like best?

I like that you can add attachments from the chat window right away so the support agent is able to have photo/documents to help resolve your problem. I also like the entire chat can be emailed to you at the end of the session. You can also open the ticket from the email you receive to add more information to the claim.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have problems getting the chat window to load. Although it seldom happens, it has happened at crucial moments where I needed to contact support right away. I checked the internet connection and it was fine. I just couldn't connect to Zendesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure users know how to log in to view/manage their tickets. It's extremely helpful if they log in to add info instead of contacting support again and opening a new ticket.

Zendesk makes it easy to get support, even though my support team is in the Philippines and I'm in the US. They are able to offer me support, no matter what. It has made managing tickets so much easier. I love it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zendesk Chat
Zendesk Chat review by <span>JCs Wildlife J.</span>
JCs Wildlife J.

Effective, Especially with Zendesk Customer Support

What do you like best?

I prefer a one-stop, all-inclusive program to track communication. Using the chat feature in addition to the support feature on Zendesk allows me to help our customers on multiple outlets and to know who on my team is helping each customer.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing to dislike about this. We did try it separate from the support feature some time ago, and I did not care for that. From what I recall (and this has been a couple years), it was hard to figure out and several of the features did not work how we expected without the support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you are using or planning to use Zendesk support. The two programs were made to work together, so they work together very well. We have not had issues with the chat feature since we started using the full program.

We did have all of our customer communications on all different platforms, and it was next to impossible to track who was covering what. Retrieving chat reports and transcripts was just too tedious and time consuming.

What Live Chat solution do you use?

Zendesk Chat review by <span>wilson k.</span>
wilson k.
Referral to G2 Crowd from another user

ZENDESK REVIEW

What do you like best?

1. It's easy to use, the user interface is minimal and straight to the point.

2. Real-time supplier tracking i.e the number of active suppliers and idle ones.

3. Shows the visitors currently on the site with all basic information like the country they are, OS they are using and if it's a returning visitor.

What do you dislike?

The smartphone app needs much improvement, it does not send notifications real time when the customers are online, I have to manually refresh the app for it to work and show me the chats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Zendesk to any SME or a big entity especially businesses in the tech industry. Zendesk is efficient and convenient to use.

We have seen a reduction in the number of tickets we have been receiving since we solve supplier issues when they get in touch with us through chats.

Zendesk Chat review by <span>Collin C.</span>
Collin C.

No reason to use anything else with Zendesk Support.

What do you like best?

Support tickets are automatically created from chats, greatly simplifying the process of escalating a chat conversation to a ticket. This keeps our processes for escalating issues to specialist teams straightforward. Lots of options for triggers and user management. The built in analytics are good, and you can export a lot of data to CSV to do your own analysis. Good API access. We can also see everyone currently using the site, and reach out proactively.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more options for controlling the availability of the widget. For instance, temporarily shutting down chat (maybe for an impromptu meeting, or fire drill) requires adjusting the business hours of the department. Also, it's not possible to automatically disable chat (pushing requests to email instead) if the online agents aren't able to keep up with the current demand.

Integration with Zendesk Support isn't all the way there—there's no real distinction between visitors and conversations when it comes to tagging. Macros are not shared. Chats do not match 1-to-1 with tickets, so there can sometimes be problems if a person's second or third chat within a few hours needs to be escalated. (The ticket will be assigned to whoever handled the first chat of the visitor's session.) I expect this to get better in the future, as it's frequently updated with new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Zendesk Support, I definitely recommend adding Chat.

We have Zendesk Chat on every page of our product, so support is always a click away. We handle hundreds of conversations through Zendesk Chat each day. We use the reporting features for planning schedules, new hires, and better self-service resources.

Zendesk Chat review by <span>Nicole P.</span>
Nicole P.

Zendesk Chat

What do you like best?

- I like the zendesk integration

- I like that I can receive chat in multiple places

- I like the information that I can see about the person I'm chatting with (web browser, location, organization, etc)

- I like that I can see how many people have clicking on the chat box, are currently chatting, or are currently logged in.

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes I am told that my username/password is incorrect when I"m logging into the chat from my Zendesk account, but when I go to the actual Zopim/Zendesk Chat website, I am able to login no problem. This is a huge ongoing problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give this product a shot, especially if you're already using Zendesk. It has some bugs that need to be worked out, but all in all it is a pretty good product.

Since Zendesk and Zendesk Chat are linked together, it's really easy to create tickets, solve issues for users, and communicate well with co-workers regarding current chats.

Zendesk Chat review by <span>Craig D.</span>
Craig D.

Not so bad

What do you like best?

Having ZenDesk Chat in Zendesk is great! I can look up issues in our ticket archive with out switching windows.

What do you dislike?

Right now users can come in and not give us a name or email address. This makes it hard to find their account. Sometimes if I don't have my head phones on and I'm looking at my other monitor I will miss a user who was queued for me and it will pass it to another rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend going a head and trying it out. I don't think there is anything else I'd want from a chat program, especially if you are already using Zendesk ticketing system. I really don't know why it took us so long to move over to ZenDesk Chat.

We use Zendesk chat to help our user trouble shoot their issues, logging chats,

Learning about Zendesk Chat?

* We monitor all Zendesk Chat reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.