Zendesk Chat

Zendesk Chat’s live chat solution helps businesses increase sales conversion by engaging important leads on their websites.

Work for Zendesk Chat?

Learning about Zendesk Chat?

Zendesk Chat Reviews

Showing 235 Zendesk Chat reviews
Zendesk Chat review by Samael L.
Samael L.

"Modern way to communicate inside/outside of the organization. "

What do you like best?

What I like about ZenDesk is that it has many tools and options. I like the fact that you can connect with other people, internally and externally. As well, I like that I can customize my notifications. It integrates with much other collaboration and the office tools I use. It is amazing the ability to communicate via text easily and the chat transcripts are immediately sent to our email.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about ZenDesk is that it is quite expensive. For a new user, I can tell that it has too many features that may cause to be confusing or that it might feel overwhelmed. It would be negative (money-wise) if you use this for a couple of groups, but if this is for an organization, it is really worth it. Another thing I dislike it that at the beginning, ZenDesk only provides 3 accounts. If you want more, you would have to buy them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend ZenDesk App for organizations that communicate a lot and have LiveChat customer service. There are many other tools that might do the same job as ZenDesk, but they might not offer you the feature ZenDesk does. I have used ZenDesk for quite a time, and even when there is an outage, we get notified and they try to fix the issue as soon as they can. I think ZenDesk is doing amazing.

ZenDesk provides the ability to communicate fast. It is a great team messaging application with several settings you can customize and different options. Our level of communication has increased thanks to Slack. I communicate not only with my team but with other teams within the company.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zendesk Chat
Zendesk Chat review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"User friendly chat option"

What do you like best?

I like the analytics shown by Zendesk. It allows you to break down specific agent information which is helpful. You can check each agents statistics very easily. I also like the fact that it has triggers, which makes reaching out to specific clients a lot easier. I like that we can see who is currently online. If we needed to reach out to a customer, although it may be odd, we can.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not much I can say about what I dislike. If I had to come up with a reason, I would say that the way the chat looks on our client end is very simple. This may be something we can change the look of, but that is not something I am aware of. Another thing that came to mind is the way chats are exported. It seemed very difficulty to find specific chats when exported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend adding in better export options. The current option makes finding a specific chat a little too difficult and not worth it. This is not something we would use a lot, but would be nice to have in certain situations!

The company is basically ran mainly through the internet, so we rely on clients being able to chat with us to ask questions, verify new account, etc. Without a chat option, we would most likely have to rearrange a large portion of our tasks.

What Live Chat solution do you use?

Zendesk Chat review by Victoria F.
Victoria F.

"From Pure Chat to ZenDesk Chat "

What do you like best?

ZenDesk chat is extremely intuitive and also links directly into your ZenDesk console if your organization uses ZenDesk for ticketing and client communication - that makes logging things easy as 1, 2, 3! Like many other live chats, ZenDesk is easily linked to your website.

What do you dislike?

Like general ZenDesk, there are sometimes glitches in the system which can be frustrating when you rely on the product as the life breath of client communication. Other than that, it's a pretty straight-forward, yet dynamic and solid chat system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the ZenDesk community. It is such a good resource and you can even suggest new features/changes and the community will vote on it an ZenDesk actually acts on it and takes it very seriously!

ZenDesk chat has reduced inbound calls and provided us with an opportunity to connect with clients in a new way while still providing the prompt service that is expected. A lot of companies are ditching live chat and using answer bots instead, but some situations really need a live person on the other end and ZenDesk chat is perfect for that.

Zendesk Chat review by Emma L.
Emma L.

"Very Practical"

What do you like best?

Zendesk Chat is a very practical chat tool that not only properly notifies you when you get a chat, but I love that it shows you who is active, who is IN a chat, who is "Away"; it also shows you the statistics of how many chats you have received throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

It would be awesome if the Zendesk Chat tool would have the option of having a chat bubble when not in the chat tab. But besides that, I am very happy with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for any company that uses chat support. Very stable and has never given us any issues.

It is very easy to use and it is great at notifying us when we get a chat from a client. Work is made easier with it. Also, the app is amazing. Very useful.

Zendesk Chat review by Krystian D.
Krystian D.

"Amazing Way Chat With Support Team"

What do you like best?

I like that you can add attachments from the chat window right away so the support agent is able to have photo/documents to help resolve your problem. I also like the entire chat can be emailed to you at the end of the session. You can also open the ticket from the email you receive to add more information to the claim.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have problems getting the chat window to load. Although it seldom happens, it has happened at crucial moments where I needed to contact support right away. I checked the internet connection and it was fine. I just couldn't connect to Zendesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure users know how to log in to view/manage their tickets. It's extremely helpful if they log in to add info instead of contacting support again and opening a new ticket.

Zendesk makes it easy to get support, even though my support team is in the Philippines and I'm in the US. They are able to offer me support, no matter what. It has made managing tickets so much easier. I love it.

Zendesk Chat review by JCs Wildlife J.
JCs Wildlife J.

"Effective, Especially with Zendesk Customer Support"

What do you like best?

I prefer a one-stop, all-inclusive program to track communication. Using the chat feature in addition to the support feature on Zendesk allows me to help our customers on multiple outlets and to know who on my team is helping each customer.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing to dislike about this. We did try it separate from the support feature some time ago, and I did not care for that. From what I recall (and this has been a couple years), it was hard to figure out and several of the features did not work how we expected without the support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you are using or planning to use Zendesk support. The two programs were made to work together, so they work together very well. We have not had issues with the chat feature since we started using the full program.

We did have all of our customer communications on all different platforms, and it was next to impossible to track who was covering what. Retrieving chat reports and transcripts was just too tedious and time consuming.

Zendesk Chat review by wilson k.
wilson k.

"ZENDESK REVIEW "

What do you like best?

1. It's easy to use, the user interface is minimal and straight to the point.

2. Real-time supplier tracking i.e the number of active suppliers and idle ones.

3. Shows the visitors currently on the site with all basic information like the country they are, OS they are using and if it's a returning visitor.

What do you dislike?

The smartphone app needs much improvement, it does not send notifications real time when the customers are online, I have to manually refresh the app for it to work and show me the chats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Zendesk to any SME or a big entity especially businesses in the tech industry. Zendesk is efficient and convenient to use.

We have seen a reduction in the number of tickets we have been receiving since we solve supplier issues when they get in touch with us through chats.

Zendesk Chat review by Collin C.
Collin C.

"No reason to use anything else with Zendesk Support."

What do you like best?

Support tickets are automatically created from chats, greatly simplifying the process of escalating a chat conversation to a ticket. This keeps our processes for escalating issues to specialist teams straightforward. Lots of options for triggers and user management. The built in analytics are good, and you can export a lot of data to CSV to do your own analysis. Good API access. We can also see everyone currently using the site, and reach out proactively.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more options for controlling the availability of the widget. For instance, temporarily shutting down chat (maybe for an impromptu meeting, or fire drill) requires adjusting the business hours of the department. Also, it's not possible to automatically disable chat (pushing requests to email instead) if the online agents aren't able to keep up with the current demand.

Integration with Zendesk Support isn't all the way there—there's no real distinction between visitors and conversations when it comes to tagging. Macros are not shared. Chats do not match 1-to-1 with tickets, so there can sometimes be problems if a person's second or third chat within a few hours needs to be escalated. (The ticket will be assigned to whoever handled the first chat of the visitor's session.) I expect this to get better in the future, as it's frequently updated with new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Zendesk Support, I definitely recommend adding Chat.

We have Zendesk Chat on every page of our product, so support is always a click away. We handle hundreds of conversations through Zendesk Chat each day. We use the reporting features for planning schedules, new hires, and better self-service resources.

Zendesk Chat review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Zendesk Chat"

What do you like best?

- I like the zendesk integration

- I like that I can receive chat in multiple places

- I like the information that I can see about the person I'm chatting with (web browser, location, organization, etc)

- I like that I can see how many people have clicking on the chat box, are currently chatting, or are currently logged in.

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes I am told that my username/password is incorrect when I"m logging into the chat from my Zendesk account, but when I go to the actual Zopim/Zendesk Chat website, I am able to login no problem. This is a huge ongoing problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give this product a shot, especially if you're already using Zendesk. It has some bugs that need to be worked out, but all in all it is a pretty good product.

Since Zendesk and Zendesk Chat are linked together, it's really easy to create tickets, solve issues for users, and communicate well with co-workers regarding current chats.

Zendesk Chat review by Candi S.
Candi S.

"Best chat platform available!!!"

What do you like best?

Zendesk chat is so easy to use and to learn that it makes train a new colleagues a breeze. I love all the features it offers as well as the implementation of the system. It is easy to use on a desktop, laptop or cell phone. The knowledge base is also VERY easy to use and add to as needed! We also enjoyed how other platforms can be integrated into Zendesk, specifically the knowledge base.

What do you dislike?

I hate how you can't have the round-robin feature unless you're a higher subscription type, also some of the reporting was hard to find when new to the system. Also seemed like some of the reporting was not correct or valid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love how it works with Zendesk and tickets currently in the system

Within Zendesk chat were able to train an Implement using chat very quickly. It's very user-friendly and easy to learn and use in the fast turnaround time. Everyone was able to fully see the chat process and implement very quick. There were no bugs or issues during implementation.

Zendesk Chat review by Craig D.
Craig D.

"Not so bad"

What do you like best?

Having ZenDesk Chat in Zendesk is great! I can look up issues in our ticket archive with out switching windows.

What do you dislike?

Right now users can come in and not give us a name or email address. This makes it hard to find their account. Sometimes if I don't have my head phones on and I'm looking at my other monitor I will miss a user who was queued for me and it will pass it to another rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend going a head and trying it out. I don't think there is anything else I'd want from a chat program, especially if you are already using Zendesk ticketing system. I really don't know why it took us so long to move over to ZenDesk Chat.

We use Zendesk chat to help our user trouble shoot their issues, logging chats,

Zendesk Chat review by Brynn P.
Brynn P.

"Great product for my team! "

What do you like best?

There is very little wait time for customers because of the ease of access and information we can see on each incoming customer. It makes it very easy for our team to quickly handle the chat and since we can see the clients information so easily, we can more quickly and efficiently assess and solve their reason for chatting. We also enjoyed the free version we could use until we decided whether it would work for us or not. We are a smaller business and so the free version has worked very well for us so far. But we always have the option to upgrade easily if we want access to more features.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike especially because it is a free version, you can't complain too much. However the only thing I wish was that there was more chat history available. It seems to delete or disappear after a certain point. Some of the analytics are not available on the free version, but again it is free and those are available if you wanted to upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For free it can't be beat! If you have a larger company or are in need of some of the upgraded features, the program can be upgraded to a paid version, but definitely work the value and it has greatly improved customer relations.

Better customer service and quicker response times make it so clients are happier and it is a big selling point for new customers. Gives a more personal touch and makes them feel more valued which in turn leads to loyalty.

Zendesk Chat review by Janelle A.
Janelle A.

"Quicker & Multiple Ways to Connect"

What do you like best?

I love that I can multitask within this system all at once. I am an employee who will assist a customer, check emails & seek support from my colleagues.

What do you dislike?

At times when it is peak season, it can be overwhelming to keep up but nothing with the system or product itsel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a large company that experiences heavy call volumes and most of your clients are frustrated from being on hold with small, simple requests, then I highly recommend using Zendesk. It's a great way for clients/customers to connect with the company without spending too much time holding on the phone & can do so from anywhere and with great ease.

Clients who are stuck in destination or at the airport & need to make changes to their travel plans. Saves time from clients being on the phone or spending more money on international calls.

Zendesk Chat review by Maria G.
Maria G.

"Zendesk Chat is real-time communication."

What do you like best?

Zendesk Chat is a platform designed to measure, has the necessary functions to offer stability and different forms of communication. Also, it has the function of sending a notification to a manager, for when a consumer sends for said Chat, this completely renews the communication, makes it more consecutive and without interruptions, to be able to respond in the appropriate time.

What do you dislike?

The premium plans have an accessible prize, however, the benefits they have are not something to exaggerate, I would like to place functions that make the difference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to access, the zendesk chat is incorporated in many web pages, it helps the total development in every minute that is used, it also allows to send different images to make the chat more diverse. You can integrate Zendesk if you really need an answer in seconds.

Virtually with ZenDesk Chat each consumer can have an answer to their questions in a matter of seconds, also, can engage in a conversation with a manager, without waiting so long, or leaving a doubt, and receive a response in a certain time, are functions that perfect completely the group communication.

Zendesk Chat review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Improves interpersonal communication."

What do you like best?

I consider Zendesk Chat as an excellent platform to supplement communication. Its features are correctly pleasing, through this platform you can offer a support service in real time and a brief communication, without any type of interruption and in such a case that an interruption occurs, there is a way to recover the Chat, it is fantastic to be able to offer support in a chat where different files and different links can be sent.

What do you dislike?

I can only complain about the price of premium services, I see that they are prices that at some point do not help any person, and it would be more influential and much more help to offer lower prices, with the possibility of payment in parts for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use, it does not require previous knowledge regarding the functions it handles. The best thing about this platform is that it offers the user the possibility of using it without any experience, and in the same way to provide great results in real time.

Being in the Zendesk Chat, influences an impressive improvement, exponentially improves interpersonal communication, allowing the consumer to have an answer to their doubts in a shorter period of time and also helps different people to use different functions on any platform .

Zendesk Chat review by Tiffany D.
Tiffany D.

"Very useful."

What do you like best?

This is an excellent tool for web-based businesses, Zendesk chat offers the option of keeping all new incoming chats in a queue and notifies the customer that an agent will be in touch soon, I love how customers need them help can send files, this has been useful for screenshots of the problem they are having. This is ideal for current clients who need assistance, potential customers who ask questions and technical assistance.

What do you dislike?

I only wish that some of its more premium features can be included in a less premium package, being able to customize the features you need. In general a great software for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to make it scalable to our growing business, never leaves a customer hanging and great visibility on website. It is especially good if you also have Zendesk, so you can integrate them both and offer a unified experience.

Consumers buy impulse every time, so when making a sale, you must get them at that moment. Without zendesk live chat, you usually have doubts waiting for the return of an email. It also allows a group of people to be on the platform without any problem, I have never had a problem or something like that, which is great.

Zendesk Chat review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Horrendous Customer Services"

What do you like best?

The software is mainstream and does what you would expect from a chat function. It allows you to chat to potential customers and answer queries from existing ones.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to describe the systematic approach to customer services. We've had three problems, one where we lost two customers because of a bug. We were told it was our fault. An internal email about us was accidentally sent to us, revealing how Zendesk really operates. Anyone can make a mistake but it is a system and other users have voiced similar concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software companies love their customers. Things go wrong from time to time, and you should judge people when these 'moments of truth' happen. Zendesk are systematically a company that, although it espouses customer services virtues in its products, views its own customers as an inconvenience. A leaked email to us shows this. If chat and helpdesk is strategic for you, stay clear and use a competitor. We're switching.

Winning business and solving problems faster.

Zendesk Chat review by Day L.
Day L.

"Zendesk Chat looks great built into our platform and it's so easy for us and our users to use!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to easily look back on chat history and to tag chats in the moment. That way we can see what our customers want to chat about most often. I tag chats with labels like "how to questions", "bug", and product categories to figure out what people need help with the most. I also like the sound and popup desktop notifications when a new chat comes in so I never miss one!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything to dislike. Works great for our purposes.

We are able to quickly answer questions via chat instead of going back and forth via email for hours or sometimes days at a time. I love being able to solve customers' questions as quickly as possible!

Zendesk Chat review by Lyndgren Honell P.
Lyndgren Honell P.

"Chatting with clients is fun!"

What do you like best?

I really like the user interface! It's very easy to use and understand, quite comforting to my eyes! You can also easily review chat history and see CSATs and DSATs.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is, sometimes the sound notification when a chat is available does not work which cause a missed chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best chat!

The business problems that I am solving with Zendesk Chat is for general inquiries. The benefits that this chat brought is that our players do not need to check FAQs as we can already answer them from there.

Zendesk Chat review by Mary S.
Mary S.

"Efficient , user friendly Live Chat Software"

What do you like best?

Undoubtedly , one of the best live chat support software . It gives our company the ability to chat live with customers since we do not offer inbound/outbound calls for support.One can easily configure the chat box from the Zendesk site and use the code to set it up on the website.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk/Zoopim is almost a complete Live chat software .There isn't a way to force the customer to answer certain questions prior to entering the chat. The chat transcripts sometimes take very long to show up in the chat history .

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having an E-commerce company or is a business solution that might get a lot of inquiries on a daily basis, this live chat feature could be helpful. Real-time visitor /client communication will increase your sucess rate,

Managed all of our customer support through one platform with Zendesk has made our support team very efficient.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Music
User in Music

"App is biggest problem"

What do you like best?

Web version is great- I like seeing where customers have been on the site and how often they are online

What do you dislike?

App- I want chat history to populate on app, so i can see location from mobile (can influence my answer to offline messages) I'd also like the page the customer was visiting to populate in offline messages- if the last thing they did was click the chat screen it's not helpful in the email, and I can't look it up from the mobile app. Most of my problems are with mobile. I work for a smaller company, and am really the only user so the mobile function is very important to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I dont think you can rely on it for mobile use, which could be important for a small company

Increases contact with customers, has helped customers chat about specific products- our website can be confusing so it has ultimately helped us reach customers

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Zendesk Chat is very helpful in reaching people and businesses"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can interact with customers and businesses who have questions and concerns about anything. The platform is great and if you need help with anything there are plenty of tutorials on every concern you have. It is best to take advantage on a trial basis in order to get a feel for the service instead of jumping in head first.

What do you dislike?

Right now- there is nothing to dislike as we are in a trial basis for our business and we are testing different programs to see which one fits for our service the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to engage more with your consumers and businesses- Zendesk Chat is most helpful in getting deeper experiences with people out there. The platform is easy going and great to maneuver around and there is plenty of help out there to get you started- even if it is for a trial basis (which we are using at this time).

The business problems that we are solving with Zendesk Chat is to have more interaction with the customers and businesses out there. The platform provides quick responses to anyone that needs help or have concerns with our services. The benefits are endless at Zendesk and there is little room for you to go wrong- especially when there is tons of tutorials and help on the platform.

Zendesk Chat review by Sushil M.
Sushil M.

"Optimized, Light, and Great at Delivery! I started out with Zopim and on it ever since."

What do you like best?

The setup and start. One can easily configure the chat box from the Zendesk site and use the code to set it up on the website.

Definitely one of the best on-site chat tool when it comes to connectivity to your mobile device. I've used other platforms but they seem to lose signal and the connection between mobile data devices is terrible.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. I'd say, they can offer better packages at current price points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though one can get better pricing with Zoho Sales IQ, Zendesk offers more options to tailor the chat window and how you interact with the customer.

Enabling chat feature for people who come on the website.

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Good Chat Tool, but Could Use Improvements"

What do you like best?

It gives our company the ability to chat live with customers since we do not offer inbound/outbound calls for support. I like that there is a shortcut within the ZenDesk view itself so you don't have to leave the screen if you are answering tickets. But also, the Chat page has a decent amount of information, like viewing current users online, what pages they are currently viewing, their last login, where they are logging in from.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a way to force the customer to answer certain questions prior to entering the chat. This would be helpful when you're assisting with specific (in our case) events. It would also be good if you are able to incorporate shortcut to links from a Help Center as you are on the Zendesk ticketing system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're already using ZenDesk, Chat is just the next step in allowing you to communicate with your customers. It's a good tool to have.

Allows you to speak directly with a customer when you do not provide phone support. It gives customers peace of mind if they can get an answer immediately and talk to a live person.

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great CX Channel "

What do you like best?

It's great that Zopim has become Zendesk Chat and Zendesk has this product streamlined with their other offerings. We love that it's integrated into the main Zendesk dashboard and that it creates tickets for all chat conversations. It's also very helpful that we're able to pull up past customer interactions when possible.

What do you dislike?

Would be helpful to be able to pull in more information if possible with apps. For example, we'd love to be able to see Shopify orders related to the customer with links (similar to the view in tickets) for easy access. Additionally, since we mainly using the main Zendesk dashboard, it's difficult when needing to make changes specifically to Chat since you have to open Chat in a separate window. This is often confusing and not intuitive when updates are needed to be made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most useful if using other Zendesk products.

Zendesk Chat allows us to have a instant and accessible channel for customers to communicate with us. We encourage our customers to engage with us as much as possible (especially since our customers are making big, well researched decisions on their style choices and dorm room needs, and are very new to the products) so we can guide them and make helpful recommendations. It reduces any friction by allowing customers to comfortably ask us questions they want answers to immediately, as well as generally create relationships with them.

Zendesk Chat review by Neha S.
Neha S.

"A popular Web chat software"

What do you like best?

I like it's easy change history management with tagging facility. We can compare from chat history of any specific visitor it means a pure behavioral tracking for returning visitor. I tag the chat conversation with specific keywords like sales , advanced feature requested , bug complained , training session requested etc.

What do you dislike?

I am not able to see anything bad here, that's why I am giving this software 9 out of 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk chat i.e our old Zoopim s a perfect app to engage our web visitors and have a real time interaction . It ultimately helps our branding strategies once they interact through their social media tools.

Zendesk chat gives us the advantage to interact with visitors in the real-time .

We poke/ encourage our visitors with our best possible pitches , well researched decisions.

It reduces frictions and let the customers ask anything they want .

Zendesk Chat review by Meghan M.
Meghan M.

"Works well, makes customer interaction easier"

What do you like best?

Built in translation feature is a lifesaver, quick and easy engagement, lots of integrations that work with our other systems, easy to collaborate with co-workers/view chats. The ability to watch someone else in chat is also great for trainees

What do you dislike?

Occasional connection drops and the drag and drop feature to add a screenshot doesn't always work as expected. Customers sometimes confused by the interface but I don't know if that's the fault of the program

Quick and easy customer engagement. It makes people feel happier and more secure with a product when they know they can get in touch with someone quickly and easily for support

Zendesk Chat review by Ankurman S.
Ankurman S.

"It's an DECENT Chat Support Tool"

What do you like best?

Like the fact that -

- The mobile app is sweet; responsive, fast, and does the job of answering Qs of visitors

- The data sync with CRM tools (HubSpot for us)

- The History helps to identify served chats

What do you dislike?

- UI could get better

- Report generation in analytics doesn't cut it for our team

- Automatic sync up of chat transcripts to CRM would be AWESOME. Right now, we copy/paste it like we're in the 90s.

- PLEASE ADD GIFs

Recommendations to others considering the product

We're also using Intrecom and not happy with it's reporting. I've personally used Drift which is headed in the right direction but don't have the authority to implement it in the org.

Guess ZenDesk could learn a bit from Drift on their UI and integrations side to make Zendesk's UI more modern.

- Supporting users and answering questions of online visitors.

Zendesk Chat review by MATHUKUTTY C.
MATHUKUTTY C.

"Good product that can be used for your website client real time interaction "

What do you like best?

I am part of a company called wiwo and open-school is our one of the major product.

we have integrated zopim to our open-school website for the direct interactions to the website visitors.

i am using zopim from the last two years. its simple and very much user friendly more over i like very much the latest update. i am using their free version.

Zopim allows me to check the the past offline messages, can be group based on the visitor's country etc.

all i want to say zopim has all the major required features for the online chat application.

What do you dislike?

The features is limited for the free version for example we can only interact with one web user at a time.

only a limited chat history is available in my version.

must be able to share files during the chat.

using zopim as the tool for the interaction with the website visitors.

Zendesk Chat review by Chad H.
Chad H.

"If you already use Zendesk support then ZD chat is a no brainer"

What do you like best?

We don't have 24/7 online support for when a support agent isn't online anymore Zendesk chat automatically creates a regular Zendesk support ticket.

What do you dislike?

I wish that if a paying customer of Zendesk support would receive Zendesk chat for free or a cheaper price. I'd love to be able to use a schedule built into the site side but there are workarounds through their API.

When users want that immediate support question answered Zendesk support + Zendesk chat makes it a whole lot easier for both support agent (me) and user needing support to get issues and questions resolved fast.

Zendesk Chat review by Alex O.
Alex O.

"Great way to reach international customers"

What do you like best?

We like the ability to transfer chats between departments, tell what country people are contacting us from, and other important information like what operating system they are on (for tech support). It also gives back a lot of great analytics to track wait times etc.

What do you dislike?

We wish the analytics were expanded a bit more, and were more customizable. We'd like to also be able to have better ways of integrating it into our website and/or in-product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some limitations, so definitely compare it to other options to be sure it meets your company goals/needs.

We have really been able to reach to our international customers in a way where we weren't able to with our old chat system. Zendesk chat offers a great auto-translate feature we use quite often.

Zendesk Chat review by Joanne W.
Joanne W.

"Great 3rd party plugin, easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I liked that they have a free one we can use. Because our business is small and we have less than 15 employees, we only needed 1 person on the live chat for our website to answer any questions.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much to dislike, they even have a free one that you can use if your business is small and you don't need a lot of admin users logged in at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company sells E-Commerce or is a business solution that might get a lot of inquiries on a daily basis, this live chat feature could be helpful. Or if you have a lot of employees and need to do daily inquiries, then this would be great!

Our company specializes in website design and marketing services. We wanted to have a live chat feature on our website so that people who would rather chat than call or email have the option to do so.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Computer Software

"Allows My Entire Team to Run Smoothly"

What do you like best?

We have a very quick response time for customers who are looking for support via chat (less than 10 seconds). With Zendesk chat, we can see incoming customers, their log in information/organization name, email and other pertinent information to get them quick answers. This is one of our biggest selling points and keeps customers loyal and avoids creating bug tickets.

What do you dislike?

The chat transcripts sometimes take very long to show up in the chat history (or not at all). Occasionally we will notice that the button to export the chat to a zendesk ticket is not available, so we're forced to copy and paste the transcript and fill in all the contact info later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is pretty pricey and we are having to pay more to be HIPAA compliant.

A quick avenue for customers to get in touch with questions, comments, concerns, compliments, technical issues, security problems or whatever. We have realized it makes our relationship with them more personal as they will recognize certain agents gladly.

Zendesk Chat review by James H.
James H.

"Quick service made easy"

What do you like best?

The web based program is very easy to use. Since it is real time, we are able to connect to our clients much more easily. The fact that we are able to see analytics for chats and website visits is also really great.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike about the live chat system is that the chat history only becomes available once you AND the client leave the chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A small plan is perfect for a small business. Depending on how large your support team is, you will still only need roughly 2 users tops to manage your account.

We are a modeling and acting company that helps talent pursue careers in the entertainment industry. We have not really had many issues to realize.

"Boost Business Easily"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it allows my team to connect with leads that may not have "subscribed" on our website. We can then convert them on our own.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how we cannot tell what page they are looking at when they chat with us. For example: They will say, "How much is this house?", yet we do not know what house it is they are looking at on the back end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you respond to leads as quickly as possible to convert them with the best results.

We are solving the issues we had with website traffic not converting to real leads. The benefits have been more leads that are serious about what we are selling versus leads with fake numbers and email addresses.

Zendesk Chat review by Caiden T.
Caiden T.

"A change for the better"

What do you like best?

I love having our email topics broken down into views!

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to upgrade to such a premium to get simple stats such as chat analytics and CSAT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider offering more for companies who don't necessarily have the staff to require the purchase of premium. We're a small business doing really big business out in the world. Customer service is our top priority and offering the best service with the help of great software is crucial. If we can't take advantage of all of the good things premium offers, we're restricted in terms of growth and development.

The benefits are having chat triggers, the downfall is again, having to upgrade to get in on some basic features. (allowing more than 2 triggers applied at once)

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Great chat tool for teams of all sizes"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, a great software for multiple agents being online at the same time, chat macros and customizing settings.

What do you dislike?

Setting up triggers can be a difficult process, we haven't had much success with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that just because someone is a Zendesk support agent, that doesn't mean you have to pay for them to be a Zendesk chat agent as well. You can tailor what users use what aspects of Zendesk.

Managing all of our customer support through one platform with Zendesk has made our support team very efficient.

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Zendesk Chat, simple, easy and intuitive"

What do you like best?

I have been using Zendesk Chat for about 3 years, it really seems to me the best support system for your web. I tried several software but they put the web slow, since I met Zendesk Chat we adopted it in our company. It really is easy to customize. And simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I think they should place more trigger in the different plans they have, as well as add more reports to the platform. Also the history that is left I think should be for much longer.

- Permanent chat on our website

- Direct support.

- Load speed in relation to other online chat systems.

- Basic statistics in the reports but that still help the decision making.

Zendesk Chat review by Laura I.
Laura I.

"Reaching Customers On All Platforms"

What do you like best?

Zendesk Chat is very user-friendly. It allows customers to ask their questions, attach screenshots as necessary, and provides an easy way to create a ticket for email follow-up.

What do you dislike?

The admin interface is a little clunky, but it gets the job done.

It allows us another way to interact with our users and solve their problems. Some customers prefer chat support to email or phone, so it gives us the opportunity to reach them on the platform they like best.

Zendesk Chat review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Great customer support platform!"

What do you like best?

Possibility to export chat transcripts to email; invite other members to chat; accurate reports.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if Zendesk chat could provide remote sessions with users, as well as video/audio calls support. Sometimes the Zendesk chat window annoys our web site visitors, and there is no way to shut down the chat window (however you can hide the chat window - which is good).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though I do not have a lot of experience in using similar customer support/chats programs, I really enjoy Zendesk Chat. We've been using it for 3+ years and very happy with this software. It provides all necessary features to easily negotiate with customers, such as visitors info (active, idle visitors, currently server, user's location, OS and browser), history, analytics, shortcut messages.

The software is a very useful tool to negotiate with customers and provide the 1st level of technical support. This is basically the business problem I'm solving. There are many visitors on our web site who do not speak English well, so a web chat conversation allows them to write their questions and shortly get responses regarding products and services our company provides.

Zendesk Chat review by Ron R.
Ron R.

"Zendesk Chat Review"

What do you like best?

I love the chat client. Users can edit their own name, they can export a chat protocol and the widget can be moved around on the site.

What do you dislike?

The idle settings. The chat client is supposed to go offline when you are away from your computer. However, if you are working in other browser windows or programs, it can't distinguish that and still goes offline. A warning timer that displays on your screen would be very helpful for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a great service and are constantly adding new features.

If we are having issues or problems with Zendesk and need them resolved, we need a live chat solution that can immediately solve or fix our problems.

Zendesk Chat review by Nicole C.
Nicole C.

"Zendesk Chat is great for when support needs support."

What do you like best?

I like how quick and easy it is to plug in my questions and go. It's great for keeping the team running smoothly behind the scenes.

What do you dislike?

I've really no complaints so far. Zendesk does its job and does it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! When support needs support, Zendesk chat is a great vehicle for providing the help the trsm needs.

It's a quick go-to for when you're stumped. It's help desk for the help desk.

"Zendesk Chat/Zopim Review"

What do you like best?

I like how it's seamlessly integrated with Zendesk so I can toggle between a chat and the related support ticket at the same time (when applicable). I like how I can see my other colleagues online and what their status is.

I like that you can see the visitors in the queue and what the beginning of their questions are before you accept the chat...however...

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you have to open the "dashboard" version https://dashboard.zopim.com/#home - to actually see the queued visitors and their questions. I usually prefer using the in-app (within Zendesk) version of the chat, but then I need to actually open a whole new tab to have the dashboard to see the visitors in the queue.

I'd also like the see the number of chats I do each day, as well as other stats like average chat time, etc. within the app somewhere. My supervisor has access to this and shares sometimes but I don't have direct access.

help customers with immediate questions that they don't want to wait for with an email. benefits include being able to help someone in chat within the same app as Zendesk, and therefore not having to toggle back and forth - an all-in-one customer support platform.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Zendesk Chat Review"

What do you like best?

I love the updates that have been done recently. It seems like they are always willing to work with us to implement the tools we need to smoothly run our service. We have a large team that is growing at a very fast pace, so new ideas and suggestions are being thrown at our supervisors more often than ever. Being able to depend on a service like Zendesk chat to help us mold the experiences we're having is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly not much that I dislike about Zendesk chat. The only downside is the proactive window comes up on different tabs, and follows customers when they go to a new page. This is great for people who are talking to us while they shop! Those folks love it! The issue is, people who would prefer not to receive proactive chat popup while they shop are pretty upset when it doesn't go away.

We're definitely able to respond to customers more quickly than we could before. We get notifications when a new person is requesting help, and if we're already swamped, we can easily monitor the new customers waiting in the queue. The best part about this is, we can keep track of who has been waiting for the longest time, so that we can help all requesters on a "first in, first out" basis.

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Not good for growing companies"

What do you like best?

Very easy system to set up, and the user interface is incredible. Simple, easy to find everything. The took itself works as advertised and is a critical addition for our business.

What do you dislike?

We have been unable to increase our account from 3-6 agents, and even though we've filed a support ticket, it doesn't seem like anyone is taking the matter seriously trying to help. Our 3 new employees can't be trained or access the system at this point.

It was also very difficult to change the owner of our account... takes several steps and chats with the Zendesk team.

We primarily use online chat for sales situation, and it really does help when folks have immediate questions but don't want a call from a sales person.

Zendesk Chat review by Caleb D.
Caleb D.

"Zendesk Chat make my small business seem large"

What do you like best?

I love that I can chat from my phone when I need to step away from my desk.

What do you dislike?

Basic service should include more features, it feels like they skimp on the basic service and overcharge for upgraded service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't buy more seats than you need, the cost can add up quickly.

Through zendesk chat my customers can interact with me 24/7 and I can respond at my convenience, but I also am not tied down to certain hours.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Chat works pretty great"

What do you like best?

I like that it makes you get an email from the user along with a name

What do you dislike?

We need to be able to put chat hours that show whether someone is live or not. For some reason we cant do that with our package. Which definitely shouldnt be an extra feature. That is a necessity. We dont want customers thinking we are blowing them off because there isnt a “turn off chat” switch like there is with the phone

Questions that are customers are truly often too lazy to figure out on their own by reading our chat section. But then there are sometimes legitimate ones too :)

Zendesk Chat review by Carlene P.
Carlene P.

"Good option for live chat"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the triggers, the shortcuts and the analytics the most.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't preview what a customer is typing as they are typing it. This would make it much faster to prepare a response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up triggers to help engage customers on your site!

This allows us to more easily communicate with our customers. Adding triggers DOUBLED our client contact!

Zendesk Chat review by Christopher I.
Christopher I.

"Good in website chat tool"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is great because of a few factors. 1- the basic version is free. So you can have a chat on your website without paying ridiculous amounts. 2- once you do pay you get a good amount of options and can have multiple users

What do you dislike?

No mobile, the upgrade tiers are a little misleading. support is relatively lacking in their knowledge of the product.

Converting leads from website to sales.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Internet

"ZenDesk Chat!"

What do you like best?

I love how modern the UI is and it's really easy to navigate. It's also really easy to switch between chats

What do you dislike?

I don't have any real complaints about this platform. I like that it's easy to use for both the user and our agents. I guess they could have some less abrasive chat notification sounds but other than that, it's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! ZenDesk Chat is the best chat software I've used to date. It's very user-friendly for both the customers and agents

We are interacting with our users to solve a number of their issues including billing inquiries, subscription questions, and helping to provide front-line customer support

Zendesk Chat review by Maryanne N.
Maryanne N.

"Zendesk Chat Nice Feature!"

What do you like best?

Zendesk chat feature is great for customer service. My experience has been all good. It’s so easy to customize to your brand, settings is easy to understand (for example when to turn on/off, or set for holiday/business closure hours).

What do you dislike?

I haven’t had any bad experience using this to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for customer support.

This was used to answer any customer questions or issues when customers didn’t want to call into our call center. It provides another option for customers to use at their convenience. It also provides business to have a way to save chat transcriptions for every inquiry/issue, and be able to reference at another time (if needed).

Zendesk Chat review by Sam A.
Sam A.

"A few key features but a few glaring problems."

What do you like best?

Chat routing is excellent. You can set your max concurrent number of chats and you'll be automatically assigned chats. You can also set your hours of operation on a per-person or per-department level. This works well on a large team where voluntarily taking chats isn't scalable. Good integration with Zendesk for ticketing.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally drops chats. No formatting at all, just plaintext. When a new message comes in, you're brought to the bottom of the feed, making it very hard to scroll up to read previous messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Note that there is no notion of formatting your text and that reading previous messages in the same chat will be tricky.

Zendesk Chat allows us to serve a large volume of customers efficiently and fairly.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

I like that Zendesk Chat offers an easy to use platform with helpful tools for our customers.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Zendesk Chat is the integration into other systems that we use is sometimes flawed, but this is not an error on Zendesk alone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that others use a trial of Zendesk Chat and allow for a decent time frame to ensure that the platform meets your needs and the needs of your customers.

Business problems that we are solving with Zendesk Chat are being able to quickly resolve customer's pressing questions and providing clear directions for the customer. This has granted us the opportunity to assist more customers as business ramps up.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Zendesk is the way to go."

What do you like best?

Zendesk makes it extremely easy for you to connect with your audience. By adding the widget to our website we were able to assist clients whenever it was needed. Makes customer service software that’s easy to use and accessible to everyone. The company has expanded on that idea, and now offers a growing family of products that work together to improve customer relationships, and can be embedded and extended through an open development platform.This is a very powerful tool for web based business. Our customers use this regularly to reach out to a sales rep, or get questions answered

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that for the analytics and reports, Zendesk charge a premium. It is expected as the service may be worth it, however it should all be included in one. Boring design for the chat message box no desktop notifications Notification sound only played once. Since we are not at the reception desk all the time, it would make our work more difficult since we needed to keep checking the website. It is too expensive to acquire the premium, there are some better alternatives which are free, that have more features that makes chatting more easy

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a chat button on your website, I highly recommend Zendesk.

We are solving the problem of communication. We do not have to worry about emails when they can reach us through a touch of the chat button.

Zendesk Chat review by Abinandan M.
Abinandan M.

"An easy to use Chat tool for Business"

What do you like best?

Automatic page triggers and the ability to see the visitor's viewing page is a big advantage as we can understand what the customer is looking for. Also, the shortcuts are very easy to use and save a considerable time in replying to the FAQ's

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the website analytics in the dashboard crashes and will hang with monthly data. The chat widget is quite big and has a kind of old school logo which can be enhanced better.

We are using it to handle real-time chat with our customers and we are able to achieve high conversion rate with the Triggered messages as we get a reply and understand what our customers want.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Great chat application "

What do you like best?

Love the dashboard is easy to view who is on your site, who is looking to chat, and where they are located.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to quickly identify if they are a current user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is great as a basic chat service. There are other services that are better in regard to analytics and marketing. If you dont have a need for those services then Zendesk is an easy platform to learn and work.

We are using Zendesk to connect with current customers who need assistance using our service as well as connect with potential clients browsing our website.

Zendesk Chat review by Katie P.
Katie P.

"Wonderful for Live chat!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can use this for free. You can upgrade and get a lot more functionality out of it but for my business needs the free version works just fine. I love how your customers needing assistance can send files, this has come in handy for screen shots of the issue they are having. This is great for current customers needing assistance, potential customers asking questions and for technical support. It is very easy to use and to set up. Start to finish is about 30 minutes before it is live on your site ready for the first chat.

It is easy to set various people up as agents as well.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could get the analytics with the free version, or maybe atleast some of the analytics.

I also wish there was a better notification system for alerting you when there is someone needing to chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about how many users you are going to need and select a plan accordingly. If you just need 1 person to be able to log in and chat with people (if you are a small business or in a rather rural area) then the free version should be fine. Try it first and if you like it better than what else is out there, get the paid version.

Being able to talk with customers and/or potential customers while they are on our site and ready for assistance or for more information. It has helped us land many new leads that turned into sales.

Zendesk Chat review by Ruben P.
Ruben P.

"Solid platform but high and not transparent price"

What do you like best?

Interface for agents is good, it's easy to install the widget, it has been mostly reliable with a status page in case of problem. Good triggers.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is high and charge more for statistics and API access (?) not possible to differentiate groups. Not possible to decide to show/hide the widget on specific pages

customer support and sales with the trigger feature

"VERY helpful"

What do you like best?

This system has completely revolutionized our company. We are able to answer emails in a much more organized and efficient manner, and therefore much quicker

What do you dislike?

I wish the layout was a little bit more intuitive. Could be organized a little better as it is quite challenging to get used to

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a soft launch prior to opening it up to the public, or do it during a slow weekend so you can be sure to have all the kinks ironed out.

We use almost every pert of zendesk and it connects to our gsuite with makes the integration much smoother.

Zendesk Chat review by Jenifer M.
Jenifer M.

"So easy to use"

What do you like best?

Zendesk chat is so easy to use. The layout is simple. Navigation is intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about the software. Some of the alert sounds are super irritating, but you can change any of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Super easy to use. Not aware of what the cost is.

Zendesk allows you to chat with customers quickly and easily. I've never had any connection issues with the software. Never had any lag time issues. It's just a simple customer service software that allows me to do my job better.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"If you use ZenDesk you need ZenDesk Chat"

What do you like best?

ZenDesk Support tickets are automatically created from chats. This makes keeping track of tickets and issues so much easier. It also manages the profiles of clients so when we speak with them we can easily locate what issues they’ve had in the past.

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t much to dislike. It’s pretty straightforward. Sometimes the program will lag but that is rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already using ZenDesk but have not utilized chat yet, you should. The two work perfectly together and you reach more people.

Customer service issues. We’ve realized we can help more people by enabling chat. Some people don’t have the time to call but need help. We realized we can reach these people quicker with chat, fix their issue and that in return gets them using our software again.

Zendesk Chat review by Robbie H.
Robbie H.

"Simple and effective "

What do you like best?

Zopim is our choice software for fielding live support. We use it on our own site and install it for clients. The look and feel is nearly perfect out the box. The usability is great for non-technical users we have to train to use live support. The trigger system is epic at starting chats. One of my favorite pieces of software I use everyday.

What do you dislike?

The look and feel is nice out of the box, but lacks advanced/custom changes. Very constrained to a small box . Other software is getting more creative and stylized with their pop up boxes.

Helping connect website visitors to CSRs, sales reps, or whoever they should be in contact. We realized people LOVE using chat.

Zendesk Chat review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Powerful chat app but lackluster design"

What do you like best?

There are some really great analytics built into the Zendesk chat, including viewing where viewers are on your site with a live view. I found myself always sitting on that page to see where users were going and how many visitors we had on the site.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the design options of zendesk chat, and I strongly dislike the fact that the chat box is so large on page load without the ability to shrink it down to a smaller icon. For this reason I switched over to olark.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out Olark. It's the same level of features but more modern UI. Much better looking IMO.

We just needed to chat with site visitors.

"Zendesk Chat"

What do you like best?

I like the chat function quite well. It is easy to use and rarely do I experience an issue. Chats are easy to identify and pick-up.

What do you dislike?

It can have a bit of a lag at times. It seems that the communication going back to the customer does not go through right away and I have to wait for a short amount of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth taking a look at this product for chat

It is an additional channel for our customers to reach out for support

Zendesk Chat review by User in Computer Software

"A great way to interface with customers"

What do you like best?

Gives you a more instant connection with your customer. Adding this with Zendsek allowed me to know what a customer needed in real time versus waiting for an email response. This also emailed the chat log with the customer's information to them. Then it created the ticket with all of this as well.

What do you dislike?

It was a bit resource intensive. Sometimes it would be slow to react or take too long to load up a conversation. If they could speed it up a bit more the product would be excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a few options out there in terms of chat but this one works really well and integrates directly with Zendesk. There is a lot of information that you can gather with it and is probably the best support chat I have seen.

The need to support customers in real time.

Zendesk Chat review by Dennis V.
Dennis V.

"Chat that simply works"

What do you like best?

The chat response templates and the metrics dashboard.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit expensive compared to others out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great chat feature and it's nicely integrated to other service desk modules but it seems to be more expensive when you start adding on the other modules compared to other companies out there.

Open a new channel for prospects and customers to communicate their needs and concerns with us.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Financial Services

"Good, but could use better integration for closing tickets"

What do you like best?

The ability to instantly communicate with users, real time responses & app integration. Makes resolving issues on the fly very easy to do - user's are able to quickly and easily contact directly in the app

What do you dislike?

the lack of push notifications within an app, the need to go through and manually close out of tickets, separate reporting system from zendesk. some of the reporting is confusing and not always clear, no way to easily combine with duplicate tickets or duplicate chats outside of manually merging tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

no push notification in apps, this would be a huge benefit but means multiple tickets need merged often

working with users in a payment app, the benefits are we can bring attention, can escalate to various team members

Zendesk Chat review by Stephen M.
Stephen M.

"Great Live Chat Option - can run for free"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface for configuring the chat widget, very easy to set up and add agents. All functions are easy to understand and configure.

What do you dislike?

Don't dislike anything particularly. We have had some issues with manning the chat function, but that's nothing to do with the functionality of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free trial and speak to an account manager to extend the trial if you are struggling with internal processes of how to handle the volume of chats.

We are able to pick up enquiries that we would otherwise miss as customers don't always want to make a phone call. We have generating bookings direct from the chat interface and it gives us a method of instantly connecting with customers which wouldn't otherwise be possible

Zendesk Chat review by Courtney M.
Courtney M.

"Great when paired with ZenDesk helpdesk/support"

What do you like best?

I like that if I'm away, it sends an email to me to respond to as an email. We use a hands off approach for chat right now so it works well. I like their notifications of new features too!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't send an email without showing Solved in the email form.

ZenDesk assists with our company's support side.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Internet

"Amazing support, on a fantastic product"

What do you like best?

Zendesk Chat makes it easy and seamless to chat with your customers. The interface is appealing, and the features are really robust.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they roll out new features which actually replace or change the way that the platform works. I really like the fact that they have a ton of features, but when it replaces or impedes the workflow it can take a while to get up to speed. This can be a pain point of those having to use the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely try it out. The support team is really friendly and quick to respond if there happens to be any downtime. The platform performs well, and is pretty easy to figure out. It looks fantastic on the backend, and allows you to integrate your companies look into the product.

The ability to interact with customers in a live setting.

Zendesk Chat review by Dérick S.
Dérick S.

"Best chat service for your organization! star"

What do you like best?

- Chat window directly on our website. - Easy to use, aesthetic and moreover affordable - Automatic message to facilitate recurrent questions

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes when you log out it doesn't work. The service stays available on the site web even though nobody is there to answer

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you contact them! They offer a great service and are going to answer any questions you can have.

We were looking for a way to offer live support to our customer. We already offered to call or email us, but chat was more efficient.

Zendesk Chat review by Sean V.
Sean V.

"Simple to Use"

What do you like best?

Ability to see visitor history and set automatic responses to the initial text messages.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more integrations within GSuite to keep a conversation singularly from email and chat.

Being able to chat with customers and troubleshoot issues they are having, or answer questions quickly and easily from new, prospective cutomers.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for the price"

What do you like best?

I think the thing I like the most is the live chat function that is simply and compatible with every device. The interface is simple enough to have new hires jump right on the same day .

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike anything, but i wish it was more customizable to match the company's color schemes and logos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please let us customize with our colors and logos!

The most frequent requests we get are customers needing help with product personalization, they feel more comfortable knowing that a live persin is answering their questions in real time. Consumers shop on impulse mosy of the time, so When making a sale, you have to get them right then and there. Without zendesk live chat, they usually have second thoughts while waiting for an email back.

Zendesk Chat review by Jaime P.
Jaime P.

"Still getting used to using Zopim"

What do you like best?

Zopim is good because you are able to use it as a dashboard as well, so you can still look up tickets on a different platform and continue to chat with people. It also allows you to view all the people who are using the site and see exactly what they are looking at. That helps to anticipate where people's problems may lie and makes your job a bit easier. It also allows for a lot of customization which i like because every teams works differently.

What do you dislike?

The away button zopim is pretty useless. If someone is away but another person is available, they will be bombarded with all the chats and it can get a little bit hectic. I also dont really love the layout, the buttons are a bit small are hard to see and the colors are a bit dark, but that is more visual than any actual problem

Chat is just a great platform for reaching out to customers. Zopim allows you to navigate how you receive chats and how many you can receive, so that customization is really nice. It also allows for a bunch of people to be on the platform without any issue, i have never had a glitch or anything of that sort, which is great.

"Ease of use!"

What do you like best?

Where do I begin?? I really enjoy using Zopim. I used to use it years ago and love the ease of use. You can easily navigate between chats, drag and drop files, leave notes, filter through history, etc.

What do you dislike?

My only downside would be that only admins can access reporting tools. I guess this is more of an internal issue because we do have a small team vs. a huge company/team of customer success.

We can easily communicate with our clients, share files, and guide them through the system without them having to click away or wait for an email response.

Zendesk Chat review by Tim S.
Tim S.

"Zendesk Chat is oh, so nice!"

What do you like best?

Zendesk Chat is an easy way for customers to connect to our client success team. It's embeddable to our site so they can reach us at any point.

What do you dislike?

I like the chat, however, Zendesk's widget doesn't allow for our Knowledge Base, support email, and chat to be present on the same tab. It's either one or the other.

It solves the barrier between clients and support. We can communicate freely with our customers at any time they have a question while in our admin.

Zendesk Chat review by User

"Just started using Zendesk"

What do you like best?

Zendesk allows me to take multiple chats easily. We have it set up so that we always have the order number and location of the person chatting in, as well as their full name, as we have integrated Zendesk with our delivery driver app. It makes it very easy to quickly pull up order information.

What do you dislike?

No way to quickly reject an incoming chat if I have forgotten to pause myself. The volume of notifications is very loud. I do not have a way to make Zendesk quieter while being able to hear phone calls well. The default Uh-Oh noise is horrendous.

We are handling driver issues with delivery orders. We used to do this over the phone, Zendesk means we can do it much more efficiently.

Zendesk Chat review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Great Customer Engagement Tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to manage multiple chats at once.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is a customer cannot choose if they are a parent/coach/student which would help us tailor how we engage them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pull the trigger, it's simple to use.

It helps us book demos with customers, and answer support questions in a timely manner.

Zendesk Chat review by Gary H.
Gary H.

"Great for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

Cost is great, and it'a easy to use both on desktop and mobile. Easily integrates into our website to engage customers and answer any pre-sales questions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There are a few annoying aspects at first, but you get used to them really quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an easy choice, go for it! Start with the basic package, get your integration set and then add on if need be.

Excelent in engaging customers for pre-sales questions. Seen a huge increase in orders from customers who have used chat rather than email.

"Simple Chat Functions"

What do you like best?

Zendesk Chat is pretty straight-forward and amazingly simple to use. It's also easy to transfer customers to another agent (with warning) if they happen to be chatting with me once I'm going past my clock-out time.

It's also a useful tool to get messages to other agents quickly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's subject to the infamous rolling black-outs of Zensdesk. The rest of the sites that I have up for work will run fine, but sometimes Zendesk cuts out and will do so a few times in the course of 10 minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can remove your last name so customers don't Google you! :)

Chat is a great way for customers to get support with anything from a quick question to a billing issue. It allows me more time to help them in comparison to a phone call, but is quicker than email.

Zendesk Chat review by Josefína S.
Josefína S.

"Perfect live chat for small businesses"

What do you like best?

✔ Easy customization with preview

✔ Triggers

✔ Web analytics in the Home section

✔ Visitors on the web and option to proactively contact them

✔ Free plan

What do you dislike?

✗ Design (that's very subjective but I have to include it; I don't like font, colours, layouts)

✗ Poor statistics

✗ No files library

✗ Dull notifications about waiting clients

✗ Evaluation only good vs. bad

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to integrate, simple application with undoubtful benefits for anyone who owns a website. However, not all features are amusing. In general I would say that Zopim is really good product, however it isn't probably the best live chat available. I think it's great solution for very small businesses that don't want to invest into live chat software; for these Zopim offers free plan.

I just tested Zopim

Zendesk Chat review by Alyssa S.
Alyssa S.

"Zendesk Chat Review"

What do you like best?

The interface is pretty intuitive and the analytics are easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Setting rules can be a bit complicated in terms of who can view tickets by departments.

Providing online chat support as a supplement to phone support. The benefit is I can walk them through the onboarding process directly on the website.

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"User friendly "

What do you like best?

The ease of use was the best part about this software. I also really like the tracking and live analytics feature - it helps me provide customers with better service because I can see their information right there.

What do you dislike?

I did not like how new chats get created every time the chat gets disconnected. I wish the software will automatically recognize the user and continue with the previous chat after being disconnected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk Chat is a great addition to your customer support needs!

We use Zendesk Chat to allow our users to communicate with us any issues they are having with our product. We also are able to provide better customer support by being easily accessible to our users and they can ask questions anytime!

Zendesk Chat review by User in Financial Services

"Our finalist for web chat services"

What do you like best?

It was easy to implement which was key since our web team is not in-house. Lots of features - saved chat & customer history being the key.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Every time I think I have an issue I find the solution. As we get higher volume web traffic there is the possibility for new issues, but so far so good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great chat widget. Price is right for all the features included and great for small businesses/start-ups.

Adding a chat option to your website is a must for any company offering a "service". We offer a service where there are a lot of opportunities for questions throughout the process, this gives our customers and potential customers another option to communicate with them. Also real time stats on where people are coming from and where they are visiting our site.

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Very useful CRM"

What do you like best?

Zendesk has completely simplified the way we deal with customers in one platform. All of our customer service, support, and chat are not organized and the reporting system is helpful in figuring out how well we're doing.

What do you dislike?

The platform is easy to use, but I wish it was customizable so I could reorganize the platform in a different way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is easier to setup and use than other CRM systems, however it is not as customizable as others.

We needed one platform to manage all customer relations, and it's a great platform to keep track of all customers. The platform is easy to integrate with other applications, and we can share all updates with the team within the platform.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Computer Software

"The best chat platform I've ever used! "

What do you like best?

Zendesk's chat platform is so easy to use! I love how the layout is super simple and the dashboard is customizable. You can see how many visitors are online, the history as well as monitor peak times. I also like how it syncs to Zendesk, so all our chats turn into tickets afterwards which is great for followup. You can also see who is taking what chat - great visibility!

What do you dislike?

The noises are a little alarming. I know you can change them but at first my heart would skip a beat overtime a chat came in because the sounds were so strange. That's pretty much all I dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool. Super easy to use and it has a great dashboard. Highly recommend!

Customer issues with software. Many benefits with live chat.. you can troubleshoot on the go and help them right away!

Zendesk Chat review by User in Computer Software

"Tidy, modern interface with some slight faults"

What do you like best?

Pretty intuitive and the interface is tidy, considering how much is going on. It's a more modern app than the competitors I've used.

What do you dislike?

It should be a bit easier to email transcripts to the user, maybe with a one-click button. I also wish it was more obvious that they can upload a file - you have to click Options to see it. I wish the Visitors list was in order of when they entered chat. I'm not sure what the actual order is.

Our users prefer chat over email or phone so we field a lot of requests each day. ZD Chat is pretty slick and easy to use.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Financial Services

"Zendesk for work - it gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Simply put: It gets the job done. I like the fact that chats will pop up and I can customize whether they are automatically served to me or I can select them myself. I like the fact that you can create auto-replies/FAQs - those are useful. I also like the fact that the person who's writing in shows up on the right hand window and you can see their name and email address - it gives you an easy way to quickly locate the user you're attempting to assist. I like that it's very customizable and you can edit your notifications, status, etc.

What do you dislike?

I think the user interface could be better. Sometimes there are glitches that disconnect you when you're mid-chat. There are a decent amount of updates coming in so I'm not too concerned. Also, the chat noises (the ones you can choose as your notification sound) are horrendous. I turned all of them off. I wish they were more pleasant.

Also - I hate the fact that when you click on an agents name it starts a chat with them and you have to close out. I do that all the time by mistake.

Quickly and easily assisting customers! Benefits: I can take as many chats at once as I'd like and it's very customizable.

Zendesk Chat review by Alexander A.
Alexander A.

"Good, but could be better"

What do you like best?

It's a good start to a live chat program. My favorite feature is its integration with Zendesk.

What do you dislike?

My text expander chrome extension doesn't work with Zopim, and its text expander functionality is very limited and not easily accessible using a keyboard. At least, it's not as easily accessible as a text expander is. Also, it doesn't auto populate customer contact ino, even when it is available.

It helps us be able to communicate live with those who work for our company that need instant help from our support team.

Zendesk Chat review by Susan C.
Susan C.

"Chat saves time"

What do you like best?

I love how the chat conversation is saved and available for all reps to see and review.

What do you dislike?

I wish the chat would display the current chat while still in chat mode on the dashboard.

Customer website issues, changes, contact updates and more. Saved time for our customer service group as they aren't spending a long time on a phone call and are able to solve the issues while the customer is typing.

"Great for experts"

What do you like best?

Provides a comprehensive way for customers to get in contact in whichever way they choose. From a customer end, great product.

What do you dislike?

As an administrator, I found the platform incredibly complicated and admin-heavy. The set up required to get the system to do what we wanted was overwhelming.

Allows for customers to contact us at their convenience- providing that option has allowed customers to reach out when they might not have before.

"Very good!"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to use, customers can rate the satisfaction and you can add the Google translate which is really useful for international customers. And the statistics are really good and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Lately users don't need to identify to enter to the chat, and sometimes people just use it to have fun (internet trolls). Also as they don't have to identify if they have a problem later related to the chat it is difficult to find the chat in the historic.

We use it for answering questions of our costumers, doubts and giving them general information about our hotels (We work for a hotel company)

Zendesk Chat review by Stefanie W.
Stefanie W.

"Simple addition to ticketing"

What do you like best?

Zendesk chat was a great addition to the ticketing email system. If a customer was having a particularly difficult issue, we could chat live to help fix their issue quicker.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there wasn't much to dislike. It was simple and easy to use, and got the job done!

As stated previously, Zendesk chat is extremely useful for particularly difficult issues that would have been prolonged through an email ticketing system.

Zendesk Chat review by Vincent L.
Vincent L.

"Easy to Setup"

What do you like best?

Zendesk chat is easy to setup and integrates itself perfectly if you're using Zendesk Support.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk Chat can start up conversations without a human but does not have any bot like features past that. I wish it could pull answers from a FAQ page to help customers with basic questions.

Zendesk Chat has allowed us to answer small simple questions from customers without having them bog down our phone lines.

Zendesk Chat review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Solid Chatbot"

What do you like best?

We primarily use Zendesk Chat because of it's integration with Zendesk Support. Everything we do with Zendesk Chat can be saved and transferred as a ticket into Zendesk Support.

What do you dislike?

I wish the Zendesk Chat bot would be smarter, it can start a conversation but that's about it.

Zendesk has allowed us to streamline our customer service all under one window. This has increased our customer retention and sales.

"Excellent product!"

What do you like best?

I've used this software for years at multiple companies. The support is great, the product is great, and it's heading in the right direction.

What do you dislike?

It does have some limitations, such as offering a chatbot feature other than the automatic answers bot. We'd love to see it have the functionality to go from a bot that can help eCommerce shoppers check out and find products, and grow with us to the point when we're ready to chat live.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the industry you are in. ZD works AMAZINGLY well for anyone who needs a CS department, but works even better for SaaS companies.

Immediate responses to inquiries.

"Good for small teams"

What do you like best?

simple and clean user interace

product is inexpensive with simple pricing.

integration with Zendesk is much better now.

Customer service responds in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

simplicity also means limited features.

not much integration options.

people can submit multiple offline messages, which is very annoying.

Zendesk integration could use improvements.

helps provide a one on one relation with developers having questions about the problem

Offline messages helps when you're not available.

Zendesk Ticket deflection feature will make Chat obsolete in the future

Zendesk Chat review by Chamakhe M.
Chamakhe M.

"Zendesk was a breath of freshair."

What do you like best?

I love the user interface.It is easy to decipher unlike most rival programs.I also love the functional value Zendesk gives :allowing smooth,effective conversation between agents.

What do you dislike?

I think Zendesk is somewhat complicated.Difficult to do customizations without some tech savvyness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a test trial first and see how much it works with you.

It helped us respond to customer query faster and much more efficiently.We never had a case of a query being sent in,without a response from an agent.

Zendesk Chat review by ARNISH S.
ARNISH S.

"Always be in touch with your customers"

What do you like best?

The best chat application. Easy to integrate and use. Advanced analytics and customer engagement tools.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing as such that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must must must have tool integrated on your website if customer satisfaction is priority to your business.

Helps a lot in interacting with customer on a real-time basis. We can solve the queries right away.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Food & Beverages