Zendesk Chat

Zendesk Chat’s live chat solution helps businesses increase sales conversion by engaging important leads on their websites.

Work for Zendesk Chat?

Learning about Zendesk Chat?

Zendesk Chat Reviews

Showing 242 Zendesk Chat reviews
Zendesk Chat review by Samael L.
Samael L.

"Modern way to communicate inside/outside of the organization. "

What do you like best?

What I like about ZenDesk is that it has many tools and options. I like the fact that you can connect with other people, internally and externally. As well, I like that I can customize my notifications. It integrates with much other collaboration and the office tools I use. It is amazing the ability to communicate via text easily and the chat transcripts are immediately sent to our email.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about ZenDesk is that it is quite expensive. For a new user, I can tell that it has too many features that may cause to be confusing or that it might feel overwhelmed. It would be negative (money-wise) if you use this for a couple of groups, but if this is for an organization, it is really worth it. Another thing I dislike it that at the beginning, ZenDesk only provides 3 accounts. If you want more, you would have to buy them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend ZenDesk App for organizations that communicate a lot and have LiveChat customer service. There are many other tools that might do the same job as ZenDesk, but they might not offer you the feature ZenDesk does. I have used ZenDesk for quite a time, and even when there is an outage, we get notified and they try to fix the issue as soon as they can. I think ZenDesk is doing amazing.

ZenDesk provides the ability to communicate fast. It is a great team messaging application with several settings you can customize and different options. Our level of communication has increased thanks to Slack. I communicate not only with my team but with other teams within the company.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zendesk Chat
Zendesk Chat review by Jeff R.
Jeff R.

"User friendly chat option"

What do you like best?

I like the analytics shown by Zendesk. It allows you to break down specific agent information which is helpful. You can check each agents statistics very easily. I also like the fact that it has triggers, which makes reaching out to specific clients a lot easier. I like that we can see who is currently online. If we needed to reach out to a customer, although it may be odd, we can.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not much I can say about what I dislike. If I had to come up with a reason, I would say that the way the chat looks on our client end is very simple. This may be something we can change the look of, but that is not something I am aware of. Another thing that came to mind is the way chats are exported. It seemed very difficulty to find specific chats when exported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend adding in better export options. The current option makes finding a specific chat a little too difficult and not worth it. This is not something we would use a lot, but would be nice to have in certain situations!

The company is basically ran mainly through the internet, so we rely on clients being able to chat with us to ask questions, verify new account, etc. Without a chat option, we would most likely have to rearrange a large portion of our tasks.

What Live Chat solution do you use?

Zendesk Chat review by Victoria F.
Victoria F.

"From Pure Chat to ZenDesk Chat "

What do you like best?

ZenDesk chat is extremely intuitive and also links directly into your ZenDesk console if your organization uses ZenDesk for ticketing and client communication - that makes logging things easy as 1, 2, 3! Like many other live chats, ZenDesk is easily linked to your website.

What do you dislike?

Like general ZenDesk, there are sometimes glitches in the system which can be frustrating when you rely on the product as the life breath of client communication. Other than that, it's a pretty straight-forward, yet dynamic and solid chat system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the ZenDesk community. It is such a good resource and you can even suggest new features/changes and the community will vote on it an ZenDesk actually acts on it and takes it very seriously!

ZenDesk chat has reduced inbound calls and provided us with an opportunity to connect with clients in a new way while still providing the prompt service that is expected. A lot of companies are ditching live chat and using answer bots instead, but some situations really need a live person on the other end and ZenDesk chat is perfect for that.

Zendesk Chat review by Emma L.
Emma L.

"Very Practical"

What do you like best?

Zendesk Chat is a very practical chat tool that not only properly notifies you when you get a chat, but I love that it shows you who is active, who is IN a chat, who is "Away"; it also shows you the statistics of how many chats you have received throughout the day.

What do you dislike?

It would be awesome if the Zendesk Chat tool would have the option of having a chat bubble when not in the chat tab. But besides that, I am very happy with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for any company that uses chat support. Very stable and has never given us any issues.

It is very easy to use and it is great at notifying us when we get a chat from a client. Work is made easier with it. Also, the app is amazing. Very useful.

Zendesk Chat review by Krystian D.
Krystian D.

"Amazing Way Chat With Support Team"

What do you like best?

I like that you can add attachments from the chat window right away so the support agent is able to have photo/documents to help resolve your problem. I also like the entire chat can be emailed to you at the end of the session. You can also open the ticket from the email you receive to add more information to the claim.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes have problems getting the chat window to load. Although it seldom happens, it has happened at crucial moments where I needed to contact support right away. I checked the internet connection and it was fine. I just couldn't connect to Zendesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure users know how to log in to view/manage their tickets. It's extremely helpful if they log in to add info instead of contacting support again and opening a new ticket.

Zendesk makes it easy to get support, even though my support team is in the Philippines and I'm in the US. They are able to offer me support, no matter what. It has made managing tickets so much easier. I love it.

Zendesk Chat review by JCs Wildlife J.
JCs Wildlife J.

"Effective, Especially with Zendesk Customer Support"

What do you like best?

I prefer a one-stop, all-inclusive program to track communication. Using the chat feature in addition to the support feature on Zendesk allows me to help our customers on multiple outlets and to know who on my team is helping each customer.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing to dislike about this. We did try it separate from the support feature some time ago, and I did not care for that. From what I recall (and this has been a couple years), it was hard to figure out and several of the features did not work how we expected without the support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you are using or planning to use Zendesk support. The two programs were made to work together, so they work together very well. We have not had issues with the chat feature since we started using the full program.

We did have all of our customer communications on all different platforms, and it was next to impossible to track who was covering what. Retrieving chat reports and transcripts was just too tedious and time consuming.

Zendesk Chat review by wilson k.
wilson k.

"ZENDESK REVIEW "

What do you like best?

1. It's easy to use, the user interface is minimal and straight to the point.

2. Real-time supplier tracking i.e the number of active suppliers and idle ones.

3. Shows the visitors currently on the site with all basic information like the country they are, OS they are using and if it's a returning visitor.

What do you dislike?

The smartphone app needs much improvement, it does not send notifications real time when the customers are online, I have to manually refresh the app for it to work and show me the chats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Zendesk to any SME or a big entity especially businesses in the tech industry. Zendesk is efficient and convenient to use.

We have seen a reduction in the number of tickets we have been receiving since we solve supplier issues when they get in touch with us through chats.

Zendesk Chat review by Collin C.
Collin C.

"No reason to use anything else with Zendesk Support."

What do you like best?

Support tickets are automatically created from chats, greatly simplifying the process of escalating a chat conversation to a ticket. This keeps our processes for escalating issues to specialist teams straightforward. Lots of options for triggers and user management. The built in analytics are good, and you can export a lot of data to CSV to do your own analysis. Good API access. We can also see everyone currently using the site, and reach out proactively.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see more options for controlling the availability of the widget. For instance, temporarily shutting down chat (maybe for an impromptu meeting, or fire drill) requires adjusting the business hours of the department. Also, it's not possible to automatically disable chat (pushing requests to email instead) if the online agents aren't able to keep up with the current demand.

Integration with Zendesk Support isn't all the way there—there's no real distinction between visitors and conversations when it comes to tagging. Macros are not shared. Chats do not match 1-to-1 with tickets, so there can sometimes be problems if a person's second or third chat within a few hours needs to be escalated. (The ticket will be assigned to whoever handled the first chat of the visitor's session.) I expect this to get better in the future, as it's frequently updated with new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using Zendesk Support, I definitely recommend adding Chat.

We have Zendesk Chat on every page of our product, so support is always a click away. We handle hundreds of conversations through Zendesk Chat each day. We use the reporting features for planning schedules, new hires, and better self-service resources.

Zendesk Chat review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Zendesk Chat"

What do you like best?

- I like the zendesk integration

- I like that I can receive chat in multiple places

- I like the information that I can see about the person I'm chatting with (web browser, location, organization, etc)

- I like that I can see how many people have clicking on the chat box, are currently chatting, or are currently logged in.

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes I am told that my username/password is incorrect when I"m logging into the chat from my Zendesk account, but when I go to the actual Zopim/Zendesk Chat website, I am able to login no problem. This is a huge ongoing problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give this product a shot, especially if you're already using Zendesk. It has some bugs that need to be worked out, but all in all it is a pretty good product.

Since Zendesk and Zendesk Chat are linked together, it's really easy to create tickets, solve issues for users, and communicate well with co-workers regarding current chats.

Zendesk Chat review by Candi S.
Candi S.

"Best chat platform available!!!"

What do you like best?

Zendesk chat is so easy to use and to learn that it makes train a new colleagues a breeze. I love all the features it offers as well as the implementation of the system. It is easy to use on a desktop, laptop or cell phone. The knowledge base is also VERY easy to use and add to as needed! We also enjoyed how other platforms can be integrated into Zendesk, specifically the knowledge base.

What do you dislike?

I hate how you can't have the round-robin feature unless you're a higher subscription type, also some of the reporting was hard to find when new to the system. Also seemed like some of the reporting was not correct or valid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Love how it works with Zendesk and tickets currently in the system

Within Zendesk chat were able to train an Implement using chat very quickly. It's very user-friendly and easy to learn and use in the fast turnaround time. Everyone was able to fully see the chat process and implement very quick. There were no bugs or issues during implementation.

Zendesk Chat review by Craig D.
Craig D.

"Not so bad"

What do you like best?

Having ZenDesk Chat in Zendesk is great! I can look up issues in our ticket archive with out switching windows.

What do you dislike?

Right now users can come in and not give us a name or email address. This makes it hard to find their account. Sometimes if I don't have my head phones on and I'm looking at my other monitor I will miss a user who was queued for me and it will pass it to another rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend going a head and trying it out. I don't think there is anything else I'd want from a chat program, especially if you are already using Zendesk ticketing system. I really don't know why it took us so long to move over to ZenDesk Chat.

We use Zendesk chat to help our user trouble shoot their issues, logging chats,

Zendesk Chat review by Brynn P.
Brynn P.

"Great product for my team! "

What do you like best?

There is very little wait time for customers because of the ease of access and information we can see on each incoming customer. It makes it very easy for our team to quickly handle the chat and since we can see the clients information so easily, we can more quickly and efficiently assess and solve their reason for chatting. We also enjoyed the free version we could use until we decided whether it would work for us or not. We are a smaller business and so the free version has worked very well for us so far. But we always have the option to upgrade easily if we want access to more features.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike especially because it is a free version, you can't complain too much. However the only thing I wish was that there was more chat history available. It seems to delete or disappear after a certain point. Some of the analytics are not available on the free version, but again it is free and those are available if you wanted to upgrade.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For free it can't be beat! If you have a larger company or are in need of some of the upgraded features, the program can be upgraded to a paid version, but definitely work the value and it has greatly improved customer relations.

Better customer service and quicker response times make it so clients are happier and it is a big selling point for new customers. Gives a more personal touch and makes them feel more valued which in turn leads to loyalty.

Zendesk Chat review by Janelle A.
Janelle A.

"Quicker & Multiple Ways to Connect"

What do you like best?

I love that I can multitask within this system all at once. I am an employee who will assist a customer, check emails & seek support from my colleagues.

What do you dislike?

At times when it is peak season, it can be overwhelming to keep up but nothing with the system or product itsel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a large company that experiences heavy call volumes and most of your clients are frustrated from being on hold with small, simple requests, then I highly recommend using Zendesk. It's a great way for clients/customers to connect with the company without spending too much time holding on the phone & can do so from anywhere and with great ease.

Clients who are stuck in destination or at the airport & need to make changes to their travel plans. Saves time from clients being on the phone or spending more money on international calls.

Zendesk Chat review by Maria G.
Maria G.

"Zendesk Chat is real-time communication."

What do you like best?

Zendesk Chat is a platform designed to measure, has the necessary functions to offer stability and different forms of communication. Also, it has the function of sending a notification to a manager, for when a consumer sends for said Chat, this completely renews the communication, makes it more consecutive and without interruptions, to be able to respond in the appropriate time.

What do you dislike?

The premium plans have an accessible prize, however, the benefits they have are not something to exaggerate, I would like to place functions that make the difference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to access, the zendesk chat is incorporated in many web pages, it helps the total development in every minute that is used, it also allows to send different images to make the chat more diverse. You can integrate Zendesk if you really need an answer in seconds.

Virtually with ZenDesk Chat each consumer can have an answer to their questions in a matter of seconds, also, can engage in a conversation with a manager, without waiting so long, or leaving a doubt, and receive a response in a certain time, are functions that perfect completely the group communication.

Zendesk Chat review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Improves interpersonal communication."

What do you like best?

I consider Zendesk Chat as an excellent platform to supplement communication. Its features are correctly pleasing, through this platform you can offer a support service in real time and a brief communication, without any type of interruption and in such a case that an interruption occurs, there is a way to recover the Chat, it is fantastic to be able to offer support in a chat where different files and different links can be sent.

What do you dislike?

I can only complain about the price of premium services, I see that they are prices that at some point do not help any person, and it would be more influential and much more help to offer lower prices, with the possibility of payment in parts for users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very easy to use, it does not require previous knowledge regarding the functions it handles. The best thing about this platform is that it offers the user the possibility of using it without any experience, and in the same way to provide great results in real time.

Being in the Zendesk Chat, influences an impressive improvement, exponentially improves interpersonal communication, allowing the consumer to have an answer to their doubts in a shorter period of time and also helps different people to use different functions on any platform .

Zendesk Chat review by Tiffany D.
Tiffany D.

"Very useful."

What do you like best?

This is an excellent tool for web-based businesses, Zendesk chat offers the option of keeping all new incoming chats in a queue and notifies the customer that an agent will be in touch soon, I love how customers need them help can send files, this has been useful for screenshots of the problem they are having. This is ideal for current clients who need assistance, potential customers who ask questions and technical assistance.

What do you dislike?

I only wish that some of its more premium features can be included in a less premium package, being able to customize the features you need. In general a great software for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to make it scalable to our growing business, never leaves a customer hanging and great visibility on website. It is especially good if you also have Zendesk, so you can integrate them both and offer a unified experience.

Consumers buy impulse every time, so when making a sale, you must get them at that moment. Without zendesk live chat, you usually have doubts waiting for the return of an email. It also allows a group of people to be on the platform without any problem, I have never had a problem or something like that, which is great.

Zendesk Chat review by Dan S.
Dan S.

"Horrendous Customer Services"

What do you like best?

The software is mainstream and does what you would expect from a chat function. It allows you to chat to potential customers and answer queries from existing ones.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to describe the systematic approach to customer services. We've had three problems, one where we lost two customers because of a bug. We were told it was our fault. An internal email about us was accidentally sent to us, revealing how Zendesk really operates. Anyone can make a mistake but it is a system and other users have voiced similar concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software companies love their customers. Things go wrong from time to time, and you should judge people when these 'moments of truth' happen. Zendesk are systematically a company that, although it espouses customer services virtues in its products, views its own customers as an inconvenience. A leaked email to us shows this. If chat and helpdesk is strategic for you, stay clear and use a competitor. We're switching.

Winning business and solving problems faster.

Zendesk Chat review by Day L.
Day L.

"Zendesk Chat looks great built into our platform and it's so easy for us and our users to use!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to easily look back on chat history and to tag chats in the moment. That way we can see what our customers want to chat about most often. I tag chats with labels like "how to questions", "bug", and product categories to figure out what people need help with the most. I also like the sound and popup desktop notifications when a new chat comes in so I never miss one!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything to dislike. Works great for our purposes.

We are able to quickly answer questions via chat instead of going back and forth via email for hours or sometimes days at a time. I love being able to solve customers' questions as quickly as possible!

Zendesk Chat review by Lyndgren Honell P.
Lyndgren Honell P.

"Chatting with clients is fun!"

What do you like best?

I really like the user interface! It's very easy to use and understand, quite comforting to my eyes! You can also easily review chat history and see CSATs and DSATs.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is, sometimes the sound notification when a chat is available does not work which cause a missed chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best chat!

The business problems that I am solving with Zendesk Chat is for general inquiries. The benefits that this chat brought is that our players do not need to check FAQs as we can already answer them from there.

Zendesk Chat review by Mary S.
Mary S.

"Efficient , user friendly Live Chat Software"

What do you like best?

Undoubtedly , one of the best live chat support software . It gives our company the ability to chat live with customers since we do not offer inbound/outbound calls for support.One can easily configure the chat box from the Zendesk site and use the code to set it up on the website.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk/Zoopim is almost a complete Live chat software .There isn't a way to force the customer to answer certain questions prior to entering the chat. The chat transcripts sometimes take very long to show up in the chat history .

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having an E-commerce company or is a business solution that might get a lot of inquiries on a daily basis, this live chat feature could be helpful. Real-time visitor /client communication will increase your sucess rate,

Managed all of our customer support through one platform with Zendesk has made our support team very efficient.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Music
User in Music

"App is biggest problem"

What do you like best?

Web version is great- I like seeing where customers have been on the site and how often they are online

What do you dislike?

App- I want chat history to populate on app, so i can see location from mobile (can influence my answer to offline messages) I'd also like the page the customer was visiting to populate in offline messages- if the last thing they did was click the chat screen it's not helpful in the email, and I can't look it up from the mobile app. Most of my problems are with mobile. I work for a smaller company, and am really the only user so the mobile function is very important to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I dont think you can rely on it for mobile use, which could be important for a small company

Increases contact with customers, has helped customers chat about specific products- our website can be confusing so it has ultimately helped us reach customers

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Zendesk Chat is very helpful in reaching people and businesses"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can interact with customers and businesses who have questions and concerns about anything. The platform is great and if you need help with anything there are plenty of tutorials on every concern you have. It is best to take advantage on a trial basis in order to get a feel for the service instead of jumping in head first.

What do you dislike?

Right now- there is nothing to dislike as we are in a trial basis for our business and we are testing different programs to see which one fits for our service the best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to engage more with your consumers and businesses- Zendesk Chat is most helpful in getting deeper experiences with people out there. The platform is easy going and great to maneuver around and there is plenty of help out there to get you started- even if it is for a trial basis (which we are using at this time).

The business problems that we are solving with Zendesk Chat is to have more interaction with the customers and businesses out there. The platform provides quick responses to anyone that needs help or have concerns with our services. The benefits are endless at Zendesk and there is little room for you to go wrong- especially when there is tons of tutorials and help on the platform.

Zendesk Chat review by Sushil M.
Sushil M.

"Optimized, Light, and Great at Delivery! I started out with Zopim and on it ever since."

What do you like best?

The setup and start. One can easily configure the chat box from the Zendesk site and use the code to set it up on the website.

Definitely one of the best on-site chat tool when it comes to connectivity to your mobile device. I've used other platforms but they seem to lose signal and the connection between mobile data devices is terrible.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. I'd say, they can offer better packages at current price points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though one can get better pricing with Zoho Sales IQ, Zendesk offers more options to tailor the chat window and how you interact with the customer.

Enabling chat feature for people who come on the website.

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Good Chat Tool, but Could Use Improvements"

What do you like best?

It gives our company the ability to chat live with customers since we do not offer inbound/outbound calls for support. I like that there is a shortcut within the ZenDesk view itself so you don't have to leave the screen if you are answering tickets. But also, the Chat page has a decent amount of information, like viewing current users online, what pages they are currently viewing, their last login, where they are logging in from.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a way to force the customer to answer certain questions prior to entering the chat. This would be helpful when you're assisting with specific (in our case) events. It would also be good if you are able to incorporate shortcut to links from a Help Center as you are on the Zendesk ticketing system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're already using ZenDesk, Chat is just the next step in allowing you to communicate with your customers. It's a good tool to have.

Allows you to speak directly with a customer when you do not provide phone support. It gives customers peace of mind if they can get an answer immediately and talk to a live person.

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Great CX Channel "

What do you like best?

It's great that Zopim has become Zendesk Chat and Zendesk has this product streamlined with their other offerings. We love that it's integrated into the main Zendesk dashboard and that it creates tickets for all chat conversations. It's also very helpful that we're able to pull up past customer interactions when possible.

What do you dislike?

Would be helpful to be able to pull in more information if possible with apps. For example, we'd love to be able to see Shopify orders related to the customer with links (similar to the view in tickets) for easy access. Additionally, since we mainly using the main Zendesk dashboard, it's difficult when needing to make changes specifically to Chat since you have to open Chat in a separate window. This is often confusing and not intuitive when updates are needed to be made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most useful if using other Zendesk products.

Zendesk Chat allows us to have a instant and accessible channel for customers to communicate with us. We encourage our customers to engage with us as much as possible (especially since our customers are making big, well researched decisions on their style choices and dorm room needs, and are very new to the products) so we can guide them and make helpful recommendations. It reduces any friction by allowing customers to comfortably ask us questions they want answers to immediately, as well as generally create relationships with them.

Zendesk Chat review by Neha S.
Neha S.

"A popular Web chat software"

What do you like best?

I like it's easy change history management with tagging facility. We can compare from chat history of any specific visitor it means a pure behavioral tracking for returning visitor. I tag the chat conversation with specific keywords like sales , advanced feature requested , bug complained , training session requested etc.

What do you dislike?

I am not able to see anything bad here, that's why I am giving this software 9 out of 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk chat i.e our old Zoopim s a perfect app to engage our web visitors and have a real time interaction . It ultimately helps our branding strategies once they interact through their social media tools.

Zendesk chat gives us the advantage to interact with visitors in the real-time .

We poke/ encourage our visitors with our best possible pitches , well researched decisions.

It reduces frictions and let the customers ask anything they want .

Zendesk Chat review by Meghan M.
Meghan M.

"Works well, makes customer interaction easier"

What do you like best?

Built in translation feature is a lifesaver, quick and easy engagement, lots of integrations that work with our other systems, easy to collaborate with co-workers/view chats. The ability to watch someone else in chat is also great for trainees

What do you dislike?

Occasional connection drops and the drag and drop feature to add a screenshot doesn't always work as expected. Customers sometimes confused by the interface but I don't know if that's the fault of the program

Quick and easy customer engagement. It makes people feel happier and more secure with a product when they know they can get in touch with someone quickly and easily for support

Zendesk Chat review by Ankurman S.
Ankurman S.

"It's an DECENT Chat Support Tool"

What do you like best?

Like the fact that -

- The mobile app is sweet; responsive, fast, and does the job of answering Qs of visitors

- The data sync with CRM tools (HubSpot for us)

- The History helps to identify served chats

What do you dislike?

- UI could get better

- Report generation in analytics doesn't cut it for our team

- Automatic sync up of chat transcripts to CRM would be AWESOME. Right now, we copy/paste it like we're in the 90s.

- PLEASE ADD GIFs

Recommendations to others considering the product

We're also using Intrecom and not happy with it's reporting. I've personally used Drift which is headed in the right direction but don't have the authority to implement it in the org.

Guess ZenDesk could learn a bit from Drift on their UI and integrations side to make Zendesk's UI more modern.

- Supporting users and answering questions of online visitors.

Zendesk Chat review by MATHUKUTTY C.
MATHUKUTTY C.

"Good product that can be used for your website client real time interaction "

What do you like best?

I am part of a company called wiwo and open-school is our one of the major product.

we have integrated zopim to our open-school website for the direct interactions to the website visitors.

i am using zopim from the last two years. its simple and very much user friendly more over i like very much the latest update. i am using their free version.

Zopim allows me to check the the past offline messages, can be group based on the visitor's country etc.

all i want to say zopim has all the major required features for the online chat application.

What do you dislike?

The features is limited for the free version for example we can only interact with one web user at a time.

only a limited chat history is available in my version.

must be able to share files during the chat.

using zopim as the tool for the interaction with the website visitors.

Zendesk Chat review by Chad H.
Chad H.

"If you already use Zendesk support then ZD chat is a no brainer"

What do you like best?

We don't have 24/7 online support for when a support agent isn't online anymore Zendesk chat automatically creates a regular Zendesk support ticket.

What do you dislike?

I wish that if a paying customer of Zendesk support would receive Zendesk chat for free or a cheaper price. I'd love to be able to use a schedule built into the site side but there are workarounds through their API.

When users want that immediate support question answered Zendesk support + Zendesk chat makes it a whole lot easier for both support agent (me) and user needing support to get issues and questions resolved fast.

Zendesk Chat review by Alex O.
Alex O.

"Great way to reach international customers"

What do you like best?

We like the ability to transfer chats between departments, tell what country people are contacting us from, and other important information like what operating system they are on (for tech support). It also gives back a lot of great analytics to track wait times etc.

What do you dislike?

We wish the analytics were expanded a bit more, and were more customizable. We'd like to also be able to have better ways of integrating it into our website and/or in-product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some limitations, so definitely compare it to other options to be sure it meets your company goals/needs.

We have really been able to reach to our international customers in a way where we weren't able to with our old chat system. Zendesk chat offers a great auto-translate feature we use quite often.

Zendesk Chat review by Joanne W.
Joanne W.

"Great 3rd party plugin, easy to use!"

What do you like best?

I liked that they have a free one we can use. Because our business is small and we have less than 15 employees, we only needed 1 person on the live chat for our website to answer any questions.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much to dislike, they even have a free one that you can use if your business is small and you don't need a lot of admin users logged in at one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company sells E-Commerce or is a business solution that might get a lot of inquiries on a daily basis, this live chat feature could be helpful. Or if you have a lot of employees and need to do daily inquiries, then this would be great!

Our company specializes in website design and marketing services. We wanted to have a live chat feature on our website so that people who would rather chat than call or email have the option to do so.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Computer Software

"Allows My Entire Team to Run Smoothly"

What do you like best?

We have a very quick response time for customers who are looking for support via chat (less than 10 seconds). With Zendesk chat, we can see incoming customers, their log in information/organization name, email and other pertinent information to get them quick answers. This is one of our biggest selling points and keeps customers loyal and avoids creating bug tickets.

What do you dislike?

The chat transcripts sometimes take very long to show up in the chat history (or not at all). Occasionally we will notice that the button to export the chat to a zendesk ticket is not available, so we're forced to copy and paste the transcript and fill in all the contact info later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is pretty pricey and we are having to pay more to be HIPAA compliant.

A quick avenue for customers to get in touch with questions, comments, concerns, compliments, technical issues, security problems or whatever. We have realized it makes our relationship with them more personal as they will recognize certain agents gladly.

Zendesk Chat review by James H.
James H.

"Quick service made easy"

What do you like best?

The web based program is very easy to use. Since it is real time, we are able to connect to our clients much more easily. The fact that we are able to see analytics for chats and website visits is also really great.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike about the live chat system is that the chat history only becomes available once you AND the client leave the chat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A small plan is perfect for a small business. Depending on how large your support team is, you will still only need roughly 2 users tops to manage your account.

We are a modeling and acting company that helps talent pursue careers in the entertainment industry. We have not really had many issues to realize.

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator

"Boost Business Easily"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it allows my team to connect with leads that may not have "subscribed" on our website. We can then convert them on our own.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how we cannot tell what page they are looking at when they chat with us. For example: They will say, "How much is this house?", yet we do not know what house it is they are looking at on the back end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you respond to leads as quickly as possible to convert them with the best results.

We are solving the issues we had with website traffic not converting to real leads. The benefits have been more leads that are serious about what we are selling versus leads with fake numbers and email addresses.

Zendesk Chat review by Caiden T.
Caiden T.

"A change for the better"

What do you like best?

I love having our email topics broken down into views!

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to upgrade to such a premium to get simple stats such as chat analytics and CSAT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider offering more for companies who don't necessarily have the staff to require the purchase of premium. We're a small business doing really big business out in the world. Customer service is our top priority and offering the best service with the help of great software is crucial. If we can't take advantage of all of the good things premium offers, we're restricted in terms of growth and development.

The benefits are having chat triggers, the downfall is again, having to upgrade to get in on some basic features. (allowing more than 2 triggers applied at once)

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Great chat tool for teams of all sizes"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, a great software for multiple agents being online at the same time, chat macros and customizing settings.

What do you dislike?

Setting up triggers can be a difficult process, we haven't had much success with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that just because someone is a Zendesk support agent, that doesn't mean you have to pay for them to be a Zendesk chat agent as well. You can tailor what users use what aspects of Zendesk.

Managing all of our customer support through one platform with Zendesk has made our support team very efficient.

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Zendesk Chat, simple, easy and intuitive"

What do you like best?

I have been using Zendesk Chat for about 3 years, it really seems to me the best support system for your web. I tried several software but they put the web slow, since I met Zendesk Chat we adopted it in our company. It really is easy to customize. And simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I think they should place more trigger in the different plans they have, as well as add more reports to the platform. Also the history that is left I think should be for much longer.

- Permanent chat on our website

- Direct support.

- Load speed in relation to other online chat systems.

- Basic statistics in the reports but that still help the decision making.

Zendesk Chat review by Laura I.
Laura I.

"Reaching Customers On All Platforms"

What do you like best?

Zendesk Chat is very user-friendly. It allows customers to ask their questions, attach screenshots as necessary, and provides an easy way to create a ticket for email follow-up.

What do you dislike?

The admin interface is a little clunky, but it gets the job done.

It allows us another way to interact with our users and solve their problems. Some customers prefer chat support to email or phone, so it gives us the opportunity to reach them on the platform they like best.

Zendesk Chat review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Great customer support platform!"

What do you like best?

Possibility to export chat transcripts to email; invite other members to chat; accurate reports.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if Zendesk chat could provide remote sessions with users, as well as video/audio calls support. Sometimes the Zendesk chat window annoys our web site visitors, and there is no way to shut down the chat window (however you can hide the chat window - which is good).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though I do not have a lot of experience in using similar customer support/chats programs, I really enjoy Zendesk Chat. We've been using it for 3+ years and very happy with this software. It provides all necessary features to easily negotiate with customers, such as visitors info (active, idle visitors, currently server, user's location, OS and browser), history, analytics, shortcut messages.

The software is a very useful tool to negotiate with customers and provide the 1st level of technical support. This is basically the business problem I'm solving. There are many visitors on our web site who do not speak English well, so a web chat conversation allows them to write their questions and shortly get responses regarding products and services our company provides.

Zendesk Chat review by Ron R.
Ron R.

"Zendesk Chat Review"

What do you like best?

I love the chat client. Users can edit their own name, they can export a chat protocol and the widget can be moved around on the site.

What do you dislike?

The idle settings. The chat client is supposed to go offline when you are away from your computer. However, if you are working in other browser windows or programs, it can't distinguish that and still goes offline. A warning timer that displays on your screen would be very helpful for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are a great service and are constantly adding new features.

If we are having issues or problems with Zendesk and need them resolved, we need a live chat solution that can immediately solve or fix our problems.

Zendesk Chat review by Nicole C.
Nicole C.

"Zendesk Chat is great for when support needs support."

What do you like best?

I like how quick and easy it is to plug in my questions and go. It's great for keeping the team running smoothly behind the scenes.

What do you dislike?

I've really no complaints so far. Zendesk does its job and does it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! When support needs support, Zendesk chat is a great vehicle for providing the help the trsm needs.

It's a quick go-to for when you're stumped. It's help desk for the help desk.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Computer Software

"Zendesk Chat/Zopim Review"

What do you like best?

I like how it's seamlessly integrated with Zendesk so I can toggle between a chat and the related support ticket at the same time (when applicable). I like how I can see my other colleagues online and what their status is.

I like that you can see the visitors in the queue and what the beginning of their questions are before you accept the chat...however...

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you have to open the "dashboard" version https://dashboard.zopim.com/#home - to actually see the queued visitors and their questions. I usually prefer using the in-app (within Zendesk) version of the chat, but then I need to actually open a whole new tab to have the dashboard to see the visitors in the queue.

I'd also like the see the number of chats I do each day, as well as other stats like average chat time, etc. within the app somewhere. My supervisor has access to this and shares sometimes but I don't have direct access.

help customers with immediate questions that they don't want to wait for with an email. benefits include being able to help someone in chat within the same app as Zendesk, and therefore not having to toggle back and forth - an all-in-one customer support platform.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Zendesk Chat Review"

What do you like best?

I love the updates that have been done recently. It seems like they are always willing to work with us to implement the tools we need to smoothly run our service. We have a large team that is growing at a very fast pace, so new ideas and suggestions are being thrown at our supervisors more often than ever. Being able to depend on a service like Zendesk chat to help us mold the experiences we're having is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly not much that I dislike about Zendesk chat. The only downside is the proactive window comes up on different tabs, and follows customers when they go to a new page. This is great for people who are talking to us while they shop! Those folks love it! The issue is, people who would prefer not to receive proactive chat popup while they shop are pretty upset when it doesn't go away.

We're definitely able to respond to customers more quickly than we could before. We get notifications when a new person is requesting help, and if we're already swamped, we can easily monitor the new customers waiting in the queue. The best part about this is, we can keep track of who has been waiting for the longest time, so that we can help all requesters on a "first in, first out" basis.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Incredible Chat Application"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is an extremely responsive, intuitive chat system that allows for positive, fluid experiences with chatting online for customer support.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk has had more than a few occasions where their servers had went down during the middle of chats.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the only chat applications I've found that provides an almost instant response to and from the user and the agent, and shows when the user is typing to you. It is extremely useful.

Zendesk Chat allows us at our company to quickly respond and address issues with users before it escalates into something larger.

Zendesk Chat review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Not good for growing companies"

What do you like best?

Very easy system to set up, and the user interface is incredible. Simple, easy to find everything. The took itself works as advertised and is a critical addition for our business.

What do you dislike?

We have been unable to increase our account from 3-6 agents, and even though we've filed a support ticket, it doesn't seem like anyone is taking the matter seriously trying to help. Our 3 new employees can't be trained or access the system at this point.

It was also very difficult to change the owner of our account... takes several steps and chats with the Zendesk team.

We primarily use online chat for sales situation, and it really does help when folks have immediate questions but don't want a call from a sales person.

Zendesk Chat review by Caleb D.
Caleb D.

"Zendesk Chat make my small business seem large"

What do you like best?

I love that I can chat from my phone when I need to step away from my desk.

What do you dislike?

Basic service should include more features, it feels like they skimp on the basic service and overcharge for upgraded service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't buy more seats than you need, the cost can add up quickly.

Through zendesk chat my customers can interact with me 24/7 and I can respond at my convenience, but I also am not tied down to certain hours.

Zendesk Chat review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Chat works pretty great"

What do you like best?

I like that it makes you get an email from the user along with a name

What do you dislike?

We need to be able to put chat hours that show whether someone is live or not. For some reason we cant do that with our package. Which definitely shouldnt be an extra feature. That is a necessity. We dont want customers thinking we are blowing them off because there isnt a “turn off chat” switch like there is with the phone

Questions that are customers are truly often too lazy to figure out on their own by reading our chat section. But then there are sometimes legitimate ones too :)

Zendesk Chat review by Carlene P.
Carlene P.

"Good option for live chat"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the triggers, the shortcuts and the analytics the most.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't preview what a customer is typing as they are typing it. This would make it much faster to prepare a response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up triggers to help engage customers on your site!

This allows us to more easily communicate with our customers. Adding triggers DOUBLED our client contact!

Zendesk Chat review by Christopher I.
Christopher I.

"Good in website chat tool"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is great because of a few factors. 1- the basic version is free. So you can have a chat on your website without paying ridiculous amounts. 2- once you do pay you get a good amount of options and can have multiple users

What do you dislike?

No mobile, the upgrade tiers are a little misleading. support is relatively lacking in their knowledge of the product.

Converting leads from website to sales.

Learning about Zendesk Chat?

* We monitor all Zendesk Chat reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.