Zendesk Support

Zendesk Support

Give customer support by email, social media, voice, and mobile phone with complete data reporting, TRUSTe certification, and 90+ integrations.

Work for Zendesk Support?

Learning about Zendesk?

Zendesk Support Reviews

Ask Zendesk a Question
Showing 1048 Zendesk reviews
Zendesk review by <span>Elroy P.</span>
Elroy P.

"The best ticket management program"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to write and answer tickets in the system. A good location that is easy to move inside. There is a lot of support that is easily available if you need help with anything in your account. It also has the ability to add certain tags to tickets and I can view all tickets that have tags .

What do you dislike?

Notifications of actions are a bit confusing. It makes you think that you have something unfinished, and I do not need notifications that I have finished.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All sorts of support issues, including printer problems, account issues, access to projects, etc. We also receive tickets that tell us about the potential hacking and spam that our end users will receive.

I recommend trying this software solution for a great way to track your company's support and view chat requests from your company. It is easy to use and provides reports that can be very useful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zendesk Support
Zendesk review by <span>Jolanda S.</span>
Jolanda S.

"Our clients are in our hands"

What do you like best?

First of all, I like the fact that this program is flexible, you can customize it for the capabilities and needs of your company and it takes several days, not a month or two, like other programs. Thanks to this program, it became easier to monitor and track e-mail and our work become on a level higher.

What do you dislike?

Global problems our company does not see, there is some kind of desires to improve the mobile version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will be enough simply for you to track the priorities of your customers and they will understand that you are always a leader among competitors. The difference between the quality of the program and its multi-voluntariness will make you happy. Whatever you do, this program will be adjusted just for you.

Zendesk allows me and my team to keep all information about our customers in one place, so communication with customers is effective and personal. For a long time we did not manage to establish a clear and well-coordinated work with our customers, but with the Zendesk its became possible.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

Zendesk review by <span>Dimitris S.</span>
Dimitris S.

"Simply the best"

What do you like best?

Where to start from. I've never used a tool like this before. It provides anything you might need (and many that you didn't know that you need) in your browser. You can manage and collaborate across multiple teams, handle your work with ease and even get valuable feedback from your clients.

The UI is excellent, the true meaning of Application as a Service. It's like using a desktop app but from your browser, which is hosted in a different server. It's the perfect tool for support teams, if they want to take a step higher in the quality of their services.

What impresses me though, is how dynamic its configuration is. You can add dropdown lists on the fly, or even create new rules for the transitions.

What do you dislike?

It's tedious to make bulk changes as it isn't easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First class support tool. It also provides an application, so you can take it with you all the times and never miss an SLA or an urgent ticket

As I describe above, there are many benefits in using Zendesk. It lets support teams do their job more easily and tidier.

Zendesk review by <span>Jonathan T.</span>
Jonathan T.

"Zendesk has made BeyondPay a better company"

What do you like best?

How easy it is for our customers and employees to use.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive, especially the add-ons like Chat and Talk. Enterprise is cost prohibitive imho.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every year or so I sign up for evaluations of other providers, and while I suppose each one has its neat features, I still think Zendesk is the best. Easy to use, flexible to setup custom rules, nice self service help desk, and tons of integrations with all the various apps we try out. I wish they had a bit more flexibility with the permissions between Admins and Agents--as we end up having to give more permissions to our employees than I would prefer, but overall, it is the best solution for help desks for B2B business--at least for our industry where we deal almost exclusively with direct questions from business individuals.

Our main objective was to get a handle on customer questions and issues getting lost in email. The main benefit has been the balance of pulling in "cc'in" the appropriate people to accomplish an issue, but having an assignee that is on the hook for getting the issue resolved and following through. We have seen our customer satisfaction dramatically increase, along with our ability to scale indefinitely.

Zendesk review by <span>Greg J.</span>
Greg J.

"Zendesk Review "

What do you like best?

An all in one ticket tracking app in the cloud that you can access from anywhere. It even has a mobile app for your phone. You have a queue for inbound requests which agents can pull requests from into their own queue.

There are an endless add on apps you can installed to enhance the support tech and customer experience.

What do you dislike?

When there are server issues that impact our ability to use Zendesk. Does not happen often, though it can be frustration for support techs and customers.

We have been with Zendesk for over 7 years and it does what we need it to do for customer ticket tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep doing what you are doing.

Having a central place for supporting our customers. Providing documentation that is part of the support platform that customers can view before submitting a request.

Allowing manager the ability to view reports and track KPI and tends of requests.

Zendesk review by <span>Tracey M.</span>
Tracey M.

"Zendex is a userfriendly simple to use customer support software platform"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is easy to set up and configure, to customise and to configure on an ongoing basis as changes are needed. The macros and other functions enable easy and quick replies to customer queries and the tagging system allows for queries to be tagged for reporting metrics.

What do you dislike?

I found that it occasionally appeared to 'time out' - not often but often enough to make it worth mentioning here. It would be handy to have a warning pop up when people attempted to reply to a no-reply address too. This is not so much the software fault but unfortunately, not all staff were smart enough to prevent this mistake themselves.

The search could do with some finetuning, otherwise no real complaints thanks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product but I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forms of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software.

Enhanced customer support, faster turn around for Customer Service and increased one-touch ticket solving. It's been handy for benchmarking us against other companies in terms of our turn around times and to encourage a bit of competition between team members to cut their turn around time down while still producing quality emails.

Zendesk review by <span>Minh D.</span>
Minh D.

"The current gold standard for ticketing and support."

What do you like best?

Zendesk provides a multitude of features that are excellent for building out your customer support portal.

I use portal because this isn't simply a ticketing system like a lot of the alternatives, but an entire platform where you can build a repository of information, answers to frequently asked questions and finally the customer support system itself.

What do you dislike?

While the UI is quite clean, it is not as intuitive as it could be. Newer users often get confused when navigating different support tickets.

Improved customer service and response while reducing the actual load on support. This is because the customer is required to view the answers to frequently asked questions as well as be exposed other potential solutions before they open up a ticket.

We see that the vast majority of issues now get resolved before a ticket even gets opened.

Zendesk review by <span>Kevin B.</span>
Kevin B.

"Zendesk is a the best ticketing system I've used as a Systems Engineer"

What do you like best?

Besides the general ticketing system features, I absolutely love all the third party and optional integrations available and supported by Zendesk; including the Mobile App!

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have anything about zendesk that I really just don't like. If i had to pick something, i suppose it would be the amount of emails i receive receive sometimes due to sheer number of tickets i get tagged in or carbon copied on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use something like Jira for example but you're not a developer or within a dev/qa team for example, then once you try Zendesk, it instantly becomes a great fit for IT Support internal or external. Customers love the simplicity of it as well. The integrations with other products that you likely already utilize within your company is outstanding as well!

Internal and customer support. Multi-department collaboration on support tickets. Integrated Chat. Customer and Internal user self-service. Email to ticket generation. I could go on and on!

Zendesk review by <span>mike s.</span>
mike s.

"system work wonders"

What do you like best?

I like that our customers can communicate with us through the email type system, if we call and have to leave a message most of them will reply by email through the system.

What do you dislike?

For us we use this as a ticketing system for our customers with problems, if we need to send part or a replacement unit, we totally have to change to our other system and order from there, I wish it would have that capability to have that in there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a great tool to use very easy and has a great impact that allows your customers to be involved with out really having to pick up the phone,

We use it for an automotive product, the benefits are amazing in that my customers are up to date on what is going on with there claims.

Zendesk review by <span>James F.</span>
James F.

"simplified ticketing system for our business!"

What do you like best?

We are using Zendesk for lots of things:

1) Ticketing system for customers concerns

2) Tracking of our progress for each project

3) Social media integrated

I say that I like Zendesk as a whole as we are using it for different purposes.

As for the features, Zendesk can be integrated to other platforms such as slack which is awesome. Another thing is that Zendesk is available in mobile application (but needs tons of improvement) which gives us the ability to track tickets on the go.

Zendesk also offers help center, wherein we can redirect our customers to answer any common issues. Not only customers would benefit here but also us, as we can create our own knowledge base, wherein it is not available for public.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk does not have the option to allocate a ticket to multiple light agents. Also mobile version needs tons of improvement. It does not have all ticket views present in desktop version

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Zendesk, I can say that it is all in one! Not all ticketing system can be integrated elsewhere such as facebook and slack. It also has chat functionality

We are using Zendesk to answer customer concerns via e-mail, chat and social media.

Zendesk review by <span>Jason B.</span>
Jason B.

"Best, simple and easy to use ticketing System"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is very easy to use, even if you are new to ticketing system you would easily understand how to use this. Besides, Zendesk is very easy to set up.

What I like the best here is that it allows me to create macros. Macros is like a template that we will input in the ticket so that we dont need to type long messages over and over again.

Also it has the option to add certain tags on tickets and I can view all tickets that has those tags.

I can also create a mother and parent ticket, so that if in case we need to send the same e-mail to multiple customer we only need to do it once.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application needs a lot of improvement. Certain ticket views are not available there.

No option to allocate ticket to multiple light agent

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is very easy to use. You will never regret purchasing this software

Ticket fault tracking and internal provisioning.

Zendesk review by <span>Joseph L.</span>
Joseph L.

"Impressive Ticket Management Workflow"

What do you like best?

Zendesk has much it does well, but most beneficial to us is the overall self-service approach the suite takes. The customer-facing portal with its knowledge base is first class in and of itself, but even better is how the knowledge base is tied into ticket workflow. It's incredibly helpful to have the KB integrated into the queue, and be able to quickly search for and include articles in customer responses. Zendesk is the best at making this whole process easier for the agent. Also killer is the reporting, with great stock reporting out of the gate along with the ability to use GoodData for detailed reporting.

What do you dislike?

Not much here to dislike, but at some point it would behoove Zendesk to upgrade its widget to allow for more interactions than simply searching the knowledge base and creating a ticket. More of a user experience there would be helpful.

We've been able to beat industry standards on first reply time and customer satisfaction, despite significant ticket volume. While our people have much to do with that, it was definitely more difficult before we had Zendesk.

Zendesk review by <span>Megan Z.</span>
Megan Z.

"Zendesk Support has always worked for me!"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to write and respond to tickets in the system. Nice layout that is easy to navigate within. I was recently married and it was super easy for me to change my name in the profile.

What do you dislike?

It has always worked well for me, I really don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a ticketing system, this is a great option. This is a way to manage workflow, completion of tasks, and communication. My favorite part is having the ticket number trail to always know what was accomplished or what needs more work without the email trail. The only emails are the emails to alert you that a ticket has some update, which is also helpful as I don't have to wonder when work was done.

I am working on report writing tickets. We use the tickets to help trouble shoot why the system isn't working or request updated work. It is a very clean and effective way to communicate. It tracks all pieces of the ticket and with the ticket number you can reference back what work was done in a particular area. Often emails get bogged down and information is lost, not with this system.

Zendesk review by <span>Ilan B.</span>
Ilan B.

"Great and robust tool - But not "straight out of the box" solution"

What do you like best?

Zendesk allows me to quickly resolve our support tickets while efficiently managing assignments, automation, different triggers, and reporting. I keep discovering new features all the time - which can be both a pro and a con, as for some features - I had no idea I could use or that they even exist. Their team is great and always resolved any issue I had quickly.

Their reporting feature (via Gooddata) is robust and allows a really deep dive into your metrics.

What do you dislike?

While seems like a simple tool, there is a lot of different options and feature, and it takes a while to understand all the benefits. The integration with SFDC took a while (although to be fair, I had to go through the process about ~4 years ago, so maybe made simpler now).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, great team, innovative team - Highly recommended.

As mentioned in the first paragraph - Once you know how all the feature works together and set your automation and trigger rules, this tool makes my life so much easier.

Zendesk review by <span>Cordelia E.</span>
Cordelia E.

"Zendesk makes it possible to simplify and improve the work with clients"

What do you like best?

Zendesk has many functions, but it's easy to use and configure. One is constantly being improved. A very convenient filtration system that allows you to make the necessary and effective selection. Also, you can effectively use the sharing feature. The help desk quickly answers questions and helps to solve problems.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's somewhat difficult to add new features. Zendesk has uncomfortable navigation. I would like to make it more perfect. For new users it is necessary to conduct training, otherwise it can be difficult to work efficiently at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is a great platform for helping and supporting customers. I'm sure it's worth trying this software. If you are not sure, you can first try the free version. You may need some time to learn this service. However, this applies to any software.

We use Zendesk to improve our support workflows and to improve our customer experience. Zendesk provides the ability to collect data and materials for our customers and internal use. We can determine what information and problems are most interested in our customers. What is the dynamics of queries during a day or another period of time. Also Zendesk gives us the opportunity to more effectively track customer feedback.

Zendesk review by <span>Delah S.</span>
Delah S.

"Zendesk -- Customer Support Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Recent integrations such as Salesforce and Google Analytics --- which were helpful at the last company I worked for. I thought it was an excellent move. The live chat feature allows for support in real time and takes the "middle man" feeling out of addressing issues. It provides a platform to build efficiency and accountability quickly within a department.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, although the setup is fairly user friendly, Zendesk works best for you if you put extra attention into your setup. Setup everything to your liking and preferences the first time around and it works great. If not, it becomes a bit cumbersome while you're actually in the thick of things. Keeping notes "private" between team members isn't blatant and therefore could be very easily sent to the customer.

Zendesk is scalable which is fantastic. It also creates accountability. Reporting is also helpful (although the metrics could stand to be improved). Keeps ticket priority organized (if everyone in your department plays nicely).

Zendesk review by <span>Fillipe Neyl W.</span>
Fillipe Neyl W.

"One of the best, but expensive."

What do you like best?

Zendesk is known for it's quality, and they really deliver top class solutions for costumer support. The solutions work very well, are easy to setup up and offer many options to automate and make things don't consume all your or your agents time with repetitive tasks.

What do you dislike?

The price. I live in Brazil, so USD monthly subscriptions of at least 45 USD for each user just for the Support (ticketing) module is pretty expensive for me. I also don't like the logotypes they use for each solution, they look too much like kids drawings to me (not that it makes any difference in the quality of the products!). I contacted Zendesk but they don't offer any benefit in price for small companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the money to pay for it, it's a great choice!

Fast and reliable support. But could be getting a lot more done if it wasn't for the price issue. I'm planing on migrating to other solution.

Zendesk review by <span>Edmond L.</span>
Edmond L.

"Zendesk is a wonderful way for teams to communicate "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ability to leave notes on a thread. Seeing a thread where a couple others have also helped a customer is especially cool.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike about Zendesk. The only thing I have a problem with, there's hardly a solution. It's difficult to connect customers that are writing in from a different email than previously. That's a human problem, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just dig in and start grabbing tickets. It just takes time to get comfortable. Be sure to use macros and save yourself some time.

Everyone on the team can be available to respond to customers or pick up where someone else might have left off. Nothing ever has to be owned by anyone. We're able to set strict SLAs so our customers are being helped in a hurry. Using macros makes some ticket touches last a matter of seconds while still solving a problem for the customer.

Zendesk review by <span>Nathan M.</span>
Nathan M.

"Easy to use browser based Helpdesk software"

What do you like best?

It has a well thought out design and makes it easy to find tickets. It makes it easy to find and respond to tickets. I like being able to customize the ticket views as well. I love how easy it is for all of our techs to assign ourselves tickets, and I love that we can easily get insight into who has been responded to and who is waiting for help.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could insert an image as opposed to attaching it. This makes it easier for customers to see screenshots. The customized views do not show up in the Android app, this makes it hard for me to use them. I wish there were more columns on the main screen. I want to be able to see what company the requester works for, or at least their email address.

Having all of our clients send work requests to a single place where we can easily delegate tasks and keep up with new requests.

Zendesk review by <span>Babis D.</span>
Babis D.

"It's easy to create a support for your website"

What do you like best?

It like how easy it is to create a support section for your website on that platform, and their responsiveness in terms of customers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it take sometime to deliver you the support ticket that someone submited. Also most of the times it should get you a notification telling you that you got a ticket waiting for you, but most of the times it doesn't! You can check for yourself if you have any tickets to answer! it is awful to let your customers wait when they need your help and you don't know that they are waiting for you!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best to use Zendesk Support. It has everything a company needs for their customers!

Ease of use and excellent Support! Recommended! The price is at a good point and it offers many things that other supports don't. My company switched to Zendesk because of the more things they offer instead of other.

We use it on my job as a support section for our website. Anyone needing help, goes there .

They use high security data encryption so there is no data loss, and they offer Professional services.

Zendesk review by <span>Shimon S.</span>
Shimon S.

"CSM that work with Zendesk "

What do you like best?

It is pretty easy is to create a support section for our website (the gateway to our platform).

The ability to communicate with the customers and with the Support team on the same platform is amazing.

In addition, there are lots of APPS/integrations that can be added we are awesome. Apps like customer status, customer information etc.

Bottom line - In our company, different teams (support, R&D, CS) can work together and communicate clearly and effectively with our customers in one single point of truth.

What do you dislike?

I think that the UX can be dramatically improved. Esappacitly for customer-facing end-user experience (the Non-technical customers).

In addition, the WYSIWYG - should be dramatically improved as well. in 2018, we must have the ability to paste images easily (and not via attachments).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I heard that Zendesk is easy to implement. The value of using Zendesk is great.

Support Tickets management and ticket communication (both internally and externally).

Zendesk review by <span>Caiden T.</span>
Caiden T.

"From Gmail to Ticket Tanks"

What do you like best?

ORGANIZATION! It's a real thing with Zendesk. It's so nice having priorities broken down into views and ticket counts and so many other key analytics. Real-time data has been life-changing for our customer service department.

What do you dislike?

I wish the plans for smaller companies had access to more features like CSAT scores.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend as much time as you can learning about ZD;s features. Watch the videos, do the webinars and interact with the community. The Help Threads are so valuable and I've learned so much from participating in them. Don't be afraid to click around and explore every clickable link. Chances are, it's going to open you up to a whole lot of insight you may have missed by not opting to find out for yourself.

Not all of our apps integrate as seamlessly as originally described. Amazon Channel Reply has issues where we answer within ZD and the email still shows unread on the Amazon platform. This effects our performance scores.

Zendesk review by <span>Lee&#39;Ann B.</span>
Lee'Ann B.

"Great support!"

What do you like best?

First, let me start with... I previously used Zendesk in a company that I managed about 6 or 7 years ago, and it we heavily relied on Zendesk back then. Now, with the current company I own, we started using Zendesk again after having such a great experience the first time around. I thought it was great then - it's so much better now! There are a ton of app integrations that you can easily integrate with. It's cost-effective and reasonable for small to large businesses. There is a lot of support readily available if you need help with anything on your account. I like the ability to have support email, messages & mentions from social and chat all in one place.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of any dislikes for Zendesk!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is easy to implement and easy to get started with. Sign up for their free trial and test it out. You will get a good feel for the platform and test out their integrations.

Improvement in customer service - response times are faster. This helps with time management since everything is on one easy dashboard, there is no need to log in to several platforms to respond to support issues.

Zendesk review by <span>Miriam K.</span>
Miriam K.

"Helpful Management of Inbox"

What do you like best?

I like that I can work with my team to communicate clearly and effectively to our clients, all while staying on the same page!

What do you dislike?

The language that Zendesk uses had a big growth curve for me. My team uses this service primarily for managing email, so I get confused about what all of the terms mean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know about other products out there, but once I got used to it, Zendesk has been easy to use and so helpful for my team. Not everyone on my team uses it at full capacity, but recently, have been using it more. I am hopeful that as my team fully commits to its use, then my satisfaction with Zendesk will be even higher. I especially like the Zendesk app. It's streamlined and even easier to use than the online version. My suggestion would be to read through all of the start up guides and really familiarize yourself. It takes a while to understand what all of the terminology means and how it applies to your situation. Also, start with just the basics. There is so much that can be utilized with this software, but if you start with all of it, it could be overwhelming. Although, I don't think my team is utilizing all the features that we could!

We have at least two team members who need to be able to view and respond to comments and questions from clients. This is difficult to do in a typical inbox, but with Zendesk, it's not an issue!

Zendesk review by <span>Nicola B.</span>
Nicola B.

"Simple customer service manager"

What do you like best?

Thanks to the Zendesk interface it's easy to organize and manage all the tickets and requests of your customer care. We love the possibility that Zendesk offers to assign specific tickets to specific members of the team in total automation. Also the reporting area is one of the best we ever encountered.

What do you dislike?

For some reasons I think that the pals at Zendesk leave out of the door some basic functionalities that can help your work. For example would be great to have the ability to sign tickets age into reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on your needs, Zendesk Support can be the holy grail of your success or just another platform that consume your budget. I highly reccomend you to try its trial and see if it fits your needs.

Since we begin to deal daily with customer care, Zendesk helps us to organize tickets and be fast in replies. Manage the customer service is easy and time saver.

Zendesk review by <span>Andrew B.</span>
Andrew B.

"Zendesk. A Good Customer Support Platform"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is easy to navigate, easy to edit and add macros, and can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. I love the edibility of the overall platform to meet needs and changes as they come. After trying a few other platforms, it still out-performs the others, in my experience.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the data was a bit more manageable or editable. It's not bad, it's just not the best it could be or malleable to our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to give others a try, but at the end of the day, Zendesk just seems to be the best base for support.

We use Zendesk on a day-to-day basis for a majority of our customer interactions. From first-time contact to continued conversations, it's easy to trace. It's even nice to share and have teamwork and support with each interaction.

Zendesk review by <span>Ricardo W.</span>
Ricardo W.

"Zendesk Support, great solution for everyone"

What do you like best?

On my bussines I'm using that software quiet long time. I have nothing but good things to say for this software, its easy to use, constantly updated, large supported and makes it easy and possible to finished a lot of complex of tasks with ease.

What do you dislike?

I will be honest with you. But its not so loud as Dislike. Maybe for some reason its can be price. But we all know as we are pay for what we can get!.I guarantee you won't sorrow about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend, to try this software solution for a great way to monitor clien maintain of your company and review the chatackter of requests your company take. It is easy to use and afford reporting that can be very useful.

It's nice getting all customer requests from one place than of getting numerous client emails. I like that it organizade everything and keep you liable by having appoint ticket numbers that you can track and develop on if requied.

Zendesk review by <span>Julia G.</span>
Julia G.

"the best and most user friendly ticketing system"

What do you like best?

There's a lot of things I like about Zendesk Support ticketing system:

1. It's available in mobile platform. I can track ticket on the go

2. It has chat support features available!

3. It can be intergrated to multiple platforms such as wordpress.

4. Different ticket views are available depending on user preference and these views can be shared with other users

The best that I like is that it can be integrated with social media platforms as well! making us more efficient in tracking customers concerns

What do you dislike?

Price is somehow higher than others, but I can say it's worth it.

Mobile app needs further development as tickets views are so limited there

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk price is worth it for what you will pay for

We've been using Zendesk in tracking customer's concerns via e-mail and social media. Also via chat.

Zendesk review by <span>Sarah R.</span>
Sarah R.

"Great even if you aren't in a customer service role"

What do you like best?

We use Zendesk to manage inbound accounting requests for AP and AR. This has been an extremely effective tool to manage the high volume of emails coming in, specifically for AP. There is a bulk edit function that allows you to assign out multiple tickets to one person, macros that can automate responses for common requests, and custom views if you want to see tickets assigned to your team members. This is my first time using Zendesk in an accounting department and I enjoy it so much I actually am working on moving all of our email requests into the ticketing system.

What do you dislike?

The big downside with our current setup with Zendesk is that we have not been able to merge Zendesks between departments. For example, if customer service receives a ticket, instead of my being able to view it in their Zendesk, they "share" the ticket with my group's Zendesk email address. This means we have two completely unique ticket numbers for the same request. I also think our package level has poor reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product even if you are not in a customer service or support role. I think any department that receives a high volume of requests would see improved workflow with Zendesk.

It has really helped with email management and assigning tasks to employees. We no longer have endless email chains with everyone CCed. People email one email address and we can assign it out to the employee responsible.

Zendesk review by <span>George M.</span>
George M.

"Nothing better"

What do you like best?

Offers anything a Customer Support could need. Status for any tickets, extensive statistics (both in-app and - especially - using the GoodData platform), customer segmentations based on organizations, multiple support teams, etc.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app, while in general is adequate, lacks certain crucial features, such as the ability ti change the ticket's requester.

As a multi tenant system with millions of end users, we find it somewhat difficult and complex to add users belonging to multiple organizations so as to get statistics per organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, this is a best in class platform. If there is no pricing restrictions, this is the way to go.

Zendesk support has helped us resolve our customer support ticketing needs, as well as allowed us to scale to support a user base of more than half a million end users with a small team of customer support agents. It has also allowed us to reduce our first time response time from several hours to just more than one hour.

Zendesk review by <span>Mike V.</span>
Mike V.

"the best support software"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to to navigate throughout the software.

I love the interface

The user UX is top notch

It has a intuitive User interface

I like how clean the font is on the application

I love how I can just log in and start my work on tickets

Zendesk offers great support on their software

The software is very quick at updating and getting around in the application

The knowledge base is very extensive for a support application

I love how all users can see each other update their tickets

I love how we can use macros on our tickets

Zendesk also offers a huge app directory that will definitely come in handy

I love that the apps are free

What do you dislike?

It 's not easy to implement a HTML signature

Not enough customization in the software provided

It doesn't have the ability to see other users active on a particular ticket

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this to all helpdesk users that want fast and simple interface

Zendesk offers a nice interface to managing tickets.

We solve issues with media across different Vendors.

We use Zendesk to manage all our tickets and correspondents

The biggest benefit of this software is how easy and fast we can solve tickets.

Zendesk review by <span>Jack C.</span>
Jack C.

"My all time favourt customer/client support software"

What do you like best?

Where can I begin? It's super easy to set up, to operate, and to monitor. Say goodbye to notepads and notebooks, our team no longer need to write down client's inquires on paper and passed them around. Functions like "Views" and "Reporting" are excellent tools to monitor the current tickets. The build-in spell check is a life saver indeed.

What do you dislike?

No. 1: There are some part of the functions that we currently do not use.

No.2: I was told my some of my coworkers that they find the software can be a little bit too complicated:"I miss those good old days that I can just take notes on a notepad...."

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Zendesk offers all kinds of channels, self service, app, and ticketing. But I do wonder if there will be actually a simple version that only involve ticketing. All we need currently is communicating with our clients/customer so ticketing is all we need. But overall it is a fanscinating software.

When it comes to recruiting we need to keep our clients and customer on track. When things are getting overwhelming, Zendesk Support is the best way we can get back to them as quickly as possible, especially to the clients/customers overseas.

Zendesk review by <span>Justin P.</span>
Justin P.

"Very well rounded support application."

What do you like best?

Zendesk feels like it can just do about anything. Issue tracking is well thought out, and you can handle an issue from creation to resolution entirely from Zendesk.

What do you dislike?

Lack of a desktop application especially in a system where alerts can be mission critical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to have a lot of tools at your fingertips. Setup can be quite hearty so be ready to have the teams that will use Zendesk ready to configure their tools for use. Additionally expect your IT to be involved in the setup for things such as allowing Zendesk to send emails on your behalf.

We use Zendesk for ticketing incoming bug reports, and support emails. It offers an all in one solution for various teams to communicate with our users.

Zendesk review by <span>Jasmine G.</span>
Jasmine G.

"ticketing system that monitor social media platforms too"

What do you like best?

I consider Zendesk as all in one ticketing system. We use it for project tracking, communicate with customers via social media and ticketing system for helpdesk support

What I like Zendesk is it is very easy to install and it is available in mobile platform. I can easily track tickets on the go on my smartphone.

Another thing is that it has chat features as well! Which generates a ticket every incoming chat received.

What do you dislike?

It is kinda pricey! BUt I can say it is worth it. One thing I dislike about it is that there's no way I can allocate ticket to 2 light agents. Only one at a time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk support is good, they are very willing to educate their clients in terms of their product

We are using Zendesk as our ticketing system.

Zendesk review by <span>Forrest S.</span>
Forrest S.

"Great mix of structure and options"

What do you like best?

Zendesk provides a thoughtful and highly useful preset workflow for doing support via email and phone. The system can be learned quickly, is pretty reasonably priced, and is highly extensible without breaking the core paradigm of tickets & statuses.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk has a surprising amount of outages compared to top-tier enterprise services like Salesforce, AWS, or Atlassian. Support can't be something that goes out - we lose all contact with customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't skimp - the Enterprise-level subscription gives you more tools and flexibility. Support could not be more for a consumer or b2b brand, so use the tools Zendesk has built to your advantage.

We are able to handle incoming technical support traffic and, to a smaller extent, inbound sales inquiries, all through one organized interface. The pace of responding and following up is adjustable but structured, so we never lose tickets or leave customers feeling ignored.

Our customer satisfaction has remained high, in part due to our commitment to following along with Zendesk's suggested system.

Zendesk review by <span>Timothy k.</span>
Timothy k.

"Zendesk Review"

What do you like best?

Zendesk offers the best mailing solutions, especially when dealing with a large number of emails.

Different teams are able to use one product and view the same communication seamlessly.

This product offers the ability to switch users without necessarily forwarding emails.

Tracking of email communication is simplified.

Allows users to be added to its knowledge base, enabling easy retrieval of email contacts.

What do you dislike?

-It is not very clear how its response time is calculated, especially when it comes to ticket handling. This ambiguity can be a downside to those that have targets to meet.

-Duplication of tickets is sometimes experienced which can be annoying and can also create confusion while dealing with either tasks or emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

-I do not know if it is possible but if any email inbox can be linked to Zendesk it can be very good. This will allow those users who receive emails or tasks in their mail boxes can directly transfer these in form of tickets to Zendesk.

-Attachments sometimes are a problem to send. The idea of sending attachments embedded in links is not practical sometimes to users who are not used to, and those that are afraid of links. If the mail box model can be adopted, it will solve a lot of communication hurdles.

-Centralization of communications. This has greatly improved the way emails are handled and has also enabled collaboration at a very high level. This, in turn, has improved response time.

-The ability to keep track of numbers ensures that the company does not work blindly, proper planning has been achieved and goal set in an easy manner.

Zendesk review by <span>Kristine Nicole D.</span>
Kristine Nicole D.

"Simpliest yet best ticketing system for helpdesk and customer service purpose"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is very easy to use, it also has the function for you to create a parent ticket and attach a child ticket to it so that whenever you need to send mass email (example due to outages), you just need to update only 1 single ticket and multiple users will receive the update. Also Zendesk allows me to customize macro which makes my work easier whenever I need to send a custom template/message to a ticket

What do you dislike?

It is only available for browser, mobile app is not that good. Hoping that it would have a desktop app soon as browsers eats so much ram especially when you are viewing multiple tickets

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is the best ticketing system for me although it is somehow pricey but it is worth it!

Helpdesk and internal ticketing

Zendesk review by <span>Danae M.</span>
Danae M.

"Happily used by a small start-up"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to connect my tickets to corresponding JIRA issues via an integration from the app marketplace. Merging tickets is also done very well (compared to competing products) and automation makes our lives a lot easier. We have macros set up to mark tickets as spam, hand them off to another team, etc. I have more time to think about my responses and manage our inbound flow.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk's Help Center product was not an original Zendesk product, but gained in an acquisition. You can easily tell this - it seems like a totally different product, and it can be difficult to jump between your tickets and the Help Center. Customizing your help center and support website requires a front end developer - the base product they give you is very bare bones and not intuitive for a customer to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your primary need is to answer customer support tickets, then Zendesk is a great choice. If you are looking for a robust Help Center, phone bank, or CRM solution for your support team, that's not going to be Zendesk's strength.

We are a small startup that only offers e-mail support. Right now we have four support agents, and over 400 active users (some of those users have 100's of thousands of customers themselves) so we are pretty busy. We needed a support solution that would get out of our own way so that we could focus on tickets and not worry about having e-mails come in incorrectly, get lost, require a lot of manual reporting, etc. Zendesk makes it easy to see how well all of our agents are doing by providing comprehensive reports through their "Insights" tool. We've noticed a large increase in the number of tickets solved and a decrease in response time.

Zendesk review by <span>Elisa M.</span>
Elisa M.

"A Great Solution for Helpdesk and Knowledge Base"

What do you like best?

By being able to customize views, ticket fields, tags, macros and more, you can quickly categorize and prioritize all the tickets that come in. And yet the default Zendesk behavior works great just as well, so you can really decide how complex you want your setup to be.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to say. I guess my only tiny complaint would be that there are so many features available, it can be slightly daunting at the beginning. But, as soon as you know what you're dealing with, it's incredibly powerful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk offers a lot of functionality, but it might not always be something that you need. Pay close attention to the features included in each type of license. You might be paying for more than you want.

We needed a helpdesk solution to handle any incoming complaints about our software / hardware in the company. Zendesk offered an easy way for our users to submit requests (by email!) and a powerful interface for agents to use to resolve those issues. It's easy to communicate back and forth, and the status categorization, as well as the customizable views means that my team is always well aware of everything that needs to be done. It has become such a great solution that we actually signed up for a second account to be used as a communication platform for working through a queue of requests with our graphic designers.

Zendesk review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"Robust but overwhelming"

What do you like best?

Ticket management is easy and clear. Support is simple and it is easy to track and stay on top of reactive support.

What do you dislike?

No notifications outside of emails. I had to set up Slack to do this. Reporting is very nice for the really high-level info, but deep reporting is a convoluted mess. Very confusing. Chat is bolted on and not very elegantly built in. CRM integration is terrible. Very bad at showing customer info besides simple ticket data. Also, our Pod would go down multiple times per week. TERRIBLE when you can't support your customers because your support tool is down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you only need ticket tracking. If you need a deep integration with a CRM or other ways to keep customer health in sight, choose elsewhere.

Supporting SaaS customers. It is adequate but not user friendly.

Zendesk review by <span>Dakota B.</span>
Dakota B.

"The ease of Zendesk"

What do you like best?

Multitasking, Zendesk makes it super easy to be working on multiple tickets at one time. Everything stays organized and is constantly updating so no information is missed. Also there seems to be more functions I find every time I log in.

What do you dislike?

Since it is good at multitasking, the speed off the program can be altered as well. Keeping it running smoothly requires having maybe two other tabs open. Any more can start slowing it down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend doing the trial to a full length. Zendesk is perfect if it is utilized in the correct ways, it may be good for one company but for another. Be sure to go over all functions so you can use it properly when you launch it. Programs like Zendesk are better when you can fully understand it.

Zendesk keeps us in constant contact with the most valuable part of our company, our customers. Being able to search through the entire program with key terms can help us see how big of an issue is, and then of course mass reply to save time. Efficient!

Zendesk review by <span>Adrian C.</span>
Adrian C.

"Quick Support Solution"

What do you like best?

The ticket management is robust. There is some good reporting tools. I like the fact that there is a phone app and that the notifications go to my smart watch. It really keeps me notified. This product really does its job. My first day at this job, I was introduced to zendesk. Prior to that I had no experience using a managed online console to manage helpdesk tickets. I am glad it was introduced to me. I will definitely recommend this product to other companies looking to change their helpdesk ticketing system.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were some more integrations with systems that we have here.There was a slight learning curve on the management console. I wish there was a way to easily search for older tickets, I was having trouble finding the first ticket that we ever solved. I would search for ticket 1 and the search would include all tickets with the number 1 in it, instead of the ticket that I was actually looking for. If there was a way to improve this search system then it would be almost perfect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You can't get everything from a review, sometimes a trial is all you need to put you in the right direction.

All kinds of support issues, including printer problems, account issues, granting access to projects, etc. We also get tickets just notifying us of potential hacking and spam emails that our end users get.

Zendesk review by <span>Brynn P.</span>
Brynn P.

"Like better than salesforce! "

What do you like best?

Zendesk has a very user friendly platform. There are a lot of different customization options as well making it more desirable than salesforce. The latest ticket features are extremely helpful for our business. Plus they are easy to read and utilize. They have a lot of great apps and they have great team support. The price is also very reasonable for what they offer.

What do you dislike?

Setup was a little on the confusing side. We had a lot of issues upfront although the support we received from customer service was great. They could greatly benefit from added email options and customizations, as well as fixing some "bug" issues as some of the features can be a little glitchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If this is your first time using a service such as this make sure you and staff are fully trained and understand the different ticket types because those can get a little confusing if not. Definitely give it a month or so to get familiar with and get everything set up the way you like.

Zendesk has really helped with "cleaning up" a lot of the emails and ticket requests we had piling up in gmail. Gmail was not nearly as organized and does not have the same type of apps and ticket set ups that zendesk does.

Zendesk review by <span>Jacqueline S.</span>
Jacqueline S.

"Easy to implement Customer Support"

What do you like best?

I like that it is possible to have a knowledge center and a queue for tickets.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the knowledge center is a bit tricky. Also, I wish it was easier to make it look how you want it to look. It is customizable and some companies have done some great stuff. I just don't have the patience to figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to set up and get going quickly. The customization of what the help center looks like is tricky to get it to look how you want. That part will take some monkeying around with.

I have a SAAS product that is a startup. We use ZenDesk for our customer support and Help sections. It does exactly what we need it to. The customer support folks at ZenDesk are always very helpful.

Zendesk review by Administrator

"Great Customer Support Tool "

What do you like best?

It's super easy to set up and manage. We literally set it up within a week and it's quite intuitive to use and maintain. We also use the Zendesk Guide, which was a great way to provide additional support to customers with materials such as tutorials, FAQs, step by steps with screen shots of the system etc.

What do you dislike?

After the last feature release, Zendesk has changed how new emails appear within the platform. It's very confusing now as they're basically all over the place rather than ordering per unread and we also no longer get notified by email of new enquiries. We've tried changing the settings but nothing works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent choice of support platform. Zendesk is super easy to set up and maintain. The price is fair and there are plenty of features to be able to provide excellent customer support. We have multiple users internally using the platform and it works really well to assign tickets to the correct people, follow up and consult historic information, if required.

We provide customer support of a SaaS platform through Zendesk and it's been incredibly easy to use, track and assign tickets, go through history etc.

"Very practical"

What do you like best?

I can see everything that I need to see at a glance. At our company, we use to views to group tickets into various categories, depending on issue type, game etc. This is incredibly useful to my day-to-day work as it allows me to prioritise and and manage my workload accordingly.

Macros and dynamic content is also very easy to create, update and manage, ultimately making our jobs easier and faster.

What do you dislike?

While views are very useful, it is only possibly to display a certain amount of views in the sidebar. We have solved this problem by using a plug-in for Zendesk in the marketplace.

Zendesk is a great support platform. When customers submit a ticket, they first see an FAQ/Knowledge Base which may answer any simple questions they may have. However, if they still have questions or require assistance, the next steps to contact us are very easy, as they can submit a ticket at the touch of a button. This user experience is great for the customer and means they are more likely to get in touch if they have an issue or question.

On our end, we see all relevant information that might help with a customer's problem, such as platform, issue category, etc. in an organised and easy to see way. This means we need fewer touches to get the info we need, speeding up the whole support process.

Zendesk review by <span>David S.</span>
David S.

"Solid Support portal"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for average user with depth of features for when you need them. The reporting metrics are also very good and let you know how you are doing compared to the industry standards.

What do you dislike?

Since we supported enterprises, we kept our tickets open until resolved. Since many tickets ended up being feature improvements or new feature requests the tickets could stay open for long periods of time. This often made some of the reports look really off. Zendesk had some features to support us, but ultimately none of them fully solved the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is simple to get started with, but with some customization it can be even more powerful. Take advantage of their user groups if they are available in your area. I went to a couple and it really helped me understand how to customize zendesk for my company's need.

We used zendesk as our customer support portal. All customers were brought to zendesk, or a zendesk ticket was created directly from our app through the zendesk API (e.g. no email support),

We also used zendesk for the Knowledge Base; however, there were multiple limitations to the flexibility of the wiki that prevented us from using it for all our support documentation needs (we ended up using a customized wordpress site for the user manuals, release notes, and in depth KB articles.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Zendesk Saves time"

What do you like best?

Super easy training for CSRs and a great communication tool for our customers. Easy to set up marcros, easy to review photos sent in by customers, and easy to set up agents and groups. Automation of replies makes it simple to use, and effective for customers. Triggering integrations with our instant messaging software gives us notificaiotns within groups for a quick response time.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike,, some of the automatically turned on features out of the box are hard to get shut off, if you aren't using the whole package, as we are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, the free trial time will give you enough confidence to go live with it. Make sure you read up on using macros, and the automaiton that's built in, they will both save you time and get you up and running and helping your customers faster.

Primarily customer communication, but we use Zendesk to keep track of how our CSRs are handing issues that may come up and we use it to help rate the CSRs based on customer satisfaciton ratings gathered through Zendesk.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great Help Desk and KnowledgeBase System "

What do you like best?

Zendesk is a great product for small, medium and mid-sized companies that are just establishing processes, or are looking to simply the help desk ticketing process. The features I really like about the product are more customer focused than what our organization can do technically. For example, the interface is VERY user friendly, and requires little to no training. Zendesk has a well developed ticketing system that can transform emails based on keywords and tags into tickets, and queue tickets to the appropriate department as well. When a technician is working a ticket, and they feel the steps of resolution warrant a KB article, they can one-click an option to transpose the resolution into a seperate article. The interface is also very intuitive for junior help desk staff.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple things I wish Zendesk would provide. For starters, as small as it may seem, it would be a great help to change the text color, and to add code blocks within the KB articles and tickets. My second complaint is that there is no way to setup a ticket in which an approver can sign off on the form before it becomes approved to enter a queue. Right now, we copy an approver, who has to reply with an acknowledgement and one of our help desk staff will then move the ticket accordingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are probably the best out-of-box solution you can get at this time.

Ticketing and Knowledge-base support and organization.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Easy to use for non-technical ticketing systems too!"

What do you like best?

I adopted Zendesk for my non-tech team in order to support internal employees. I was nervous about adoption, unsure that my team would be able to adapt to Zendesk when a lot of our work is not necessarily technology related. However, I've been using Zendesk for almost a year with my team (though my organization has been using it longer) and I couldn't imagine life without it! From "canned responses" to easy escalation, Zendesk has made my daily workload so much more manageable.

What do you dislike?

I think there is some confusion about how and when to utilize Zendesk Support on the user-end of things (instead of sending an email or calling), but I think this is more so a shortcoming in implementation and not the fault of Zendesk's.

I am able to tackle issues that arise much more quickly. I work in a non-technical support role and, compared to email, Zendesk ticketing is much faster––I can speed through ticket requests by re-assigning tickets as necessary (instead of "looping in" another employee/team), I can use canned responses that are tailored to the specific message (instead of having to type "Hi [name], Thank you for reaching out." in every email), and answer tickets in batches (instead of having to reply to each email individually).

Additionally, the Zendesk Self-Service option is really great in letting me create comprehensive support documentation.

Zendesk review by <span>Jordan B.</span>
Jordan B.

"Zendesk is the best!"

What do you like best?

Zendesk allows our teams to work in an organized manner and be cross-functional with one another. It's very important that we can log problems in our software platform and triage appropriately.

What do you dislike?

I'm not that big of a fan on the navigation. I often find it confusing to navigate and it can be difficult to find tickets that pertain to given are of concern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend zendesk to any company that needs to set a priority. In supporting software we have alot of issues that require our prioritization. Being able to set a task list has been imperative to our success.

Our biggest issue is tracking and being accurate with what is in our pipeline. Zendesk helps us remain on task and set our priorities so that we can focus on what is most pressing first and create a backlog for the things that can wait. Zendesk is great at helping us set our priorities.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great way to organize requests"

What do you like best?

The user interface allows you to organize tickets so that you can see which ones are assigned to you, unsolved, and recently updated. There is a magnifying glass in the upper right corner to search tickets. I also like being able to send an internal message to others without the customer seeing that conversation. It is also easy to see the whole ticket in email and pull up the ticket from email, as there is always a link to the ticket.

What do you dislike?

I'm not familiar enough yet with how to use ZenDesk via email, and the user interface could provide better guidance for managing tickets on email. I also find it difficult to track which file attachments go with which messages (for example, if a customer sends files in subsequent requests). I also wish that an internal communications could be targeted to specific people, versus just one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use email filters so that your main inbox isn't flooded with Zendesk tickets. I made an Outlook rule so that everything from Zendesk goes to another folder to stay organized.

Handling multiple change requests and routing tickets back to my supervisors if I have questions using internal communications.

Zendesk review by <span>Asa B.</span>
Asa B.

"Mis-sold and customer services refuse to provide the complaints procedure"

What do you like best?

The software itself is very good the service desk, however, less so.

What do you dislike?

When you take a trial you choose which trial of which plan. What actually happens is you are shown the features of professional and the only way you would know is if you looked at the asterisk on professional. Why would you do this if you are trialling Team!?

When this was required it was agreed it was a mistake. As we have been mis-sold we asked for the extra feature included in our demo of team to be provided as a gesture of goodwill. No extra cost to Zendesk as they are a software company and this extra little feature as no extra overhead. We were told this was not possible and when asked to raise a complaint we were refused. When asked about the complaints policy, we were refused. Twice promised a call back from a manager, no contact. Contacted a staff on Linkedin who referred me back to the ticket owner and we're back into a loop.

We have seen that we are efficient with a team working on Zendesk. The categorisation is useful also.

However, please be careful. C/S survey results are only available on professional (not team).

Zendesk review by <span>alex h.</span>
alex h.

"Simple and straight forward"

What do you like best?

Everything is layed out perfectly in the dashboard. The tickets can be seen clearly and there is room to view each ticket in full which is really nice.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if you have a tab open for too long, the ticket is showed that it is still being actively viewed when in reality its "idle". I wish there was an icon to indicate an idle ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! I dont know of another platform that does the same job zendesk does. Everyone in my company loves it.

Customer support tickets are being solved quicker and more seamless. The templetes that you create are a great way to send off generic emails from frequently asked questions

Zendesk review by Administrator

"Zendesk - Tremendous Tool for Great Support Teams"

What do you like best?

With Zendesk, you can set up business rules and triggers to automate most painful parts of support management. You have great visibility and reliability in Zendesk. Tagging is also an incredible way for us to monitor and report on salient customer issues.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk's interface can be a bit wonky at times, and the metric creation process is a bit of a headache.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a smart move, if you have the volume to merit it. Zendesk is best when you have enough tickets to go around, and more than 2 agents. You can use the tool to automate ticket assignment and create groups, so it definitely helps you to scale and keep track of issues to pass onto your developers.

Our support team couldn't function without Zendesk. We use Zendesk currently for email channels and our Knowledgebase. Our billing, HR, Office Management, and support teams all use the tools to streamline their day to day and keep track of requests.

Zendesk review by <span>Emily H.</span>
Emily H.

"Our Favorite Software"

What do you like best?

Everyone on our support team, myself included, finds Zendesk to be our most powerful tool. Nothing slips through the cracks with this system. I've heard of other products being intuitive, but they don't live up to the nature of Zendesk.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if this is really a downside, but there is a large customization component in the beginning. Since our team started out pretty small, this was a learning process from multiple aspects. We grew at the same rate as our options in Zendesk did and now it is the key to our efficiency.

A key selling point to our product is our customer support. Our customers rely upon quick responses to solve problems in their day-to-day usage of our product. Zendesk allows them to get in touch quickly and we've realized the added benefit of measure our own stats to track performance.

Zendesk review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Got everything you need, but harder learning curve."

What do you like best?

I love all the integrations. They've been around for the longest and all the big dawgs have integrations with them (and frequently vice versa).

What do you dislike?

From the very start you don't know what you're doing. They have some helps and you can get there, but things are not in intuitive places and I doubt they're going to change. When you have a massive amount of users you can't change the UI that much no matter how it affects the UX without losing some out of frustration of having to relearn how to do things. Also it's a pain that you have to login to use the wiki

Recommendations to others considering the product

Id see if others like groovehq or others would be enough. Zendesk is really for big corps that need all the bells and whistles and are willing to put a man on it to learn them all. If you represent the big company, you'll feel at home here.

We use the support email service and the wiki a little. Mostly we use the slack integration and mobile app too...

Zendesk review by Administrator

"Functional Platform with Useful Add-Ons - I Dislike Multiple Screens/Tabs for Apps"

What do you like best?

Quick to setup an start supporting customers - email integration was simple, admin wasn't overwhelming, and training new agents is fairly straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I highly dislike logging into separate applications via multiple screens or tabs! I understand Zendesk designed their system as individual apps, but it's incredibly inefficient to have to login to Chat in one tab and Support in another - I should be able to chat with customers right in my Support interface. On the same note, Guide (knowledge base) isn't easily accessible/searchable to agents by default - we have to install apps to search our own internal KB while working on tickets?!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide immediately if you want a single application to do everything, or if you want users logging into multiple browser tabs.

Unable to manage all aspects of service within Support application. I basically need one agent in Chat, all in Guide (searching for answers), and all in Support. For comparison, I previously used Salesforce, and I could do just about everything on one screen. At least I could build workflows to drive agents through a sensible process, such as submitting a ticket when a call comes in, then push a search of the KB before taking further action - that was great for training and reinforcing usage of our knowledge.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"An Efficient Way to Streamline Communication"

What do you like best?

If there are multiple support representatives at your company, Zendesk is a great way to get everything running smoothly under one roof. No more emails sent to individual inboxes - all support tickets in one place that can be viewed by a colleague in a pinch, and distributed amongst the team.

What do you dislike?

Setting up filters/rules for how you'd like tickets categorized can be a little tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is definitely worth the extra time it may take to set up. You can use it at a high level for easy support management, or get super granular by adding filters, labels, categories - you name it. It also can be integrated with the Slack chat program, which has been helpful for our team as it provides an additional way to see tickets being submitted to Zendesk.

Our goal was to steer away from support tickets going to individual mailboxes, and to keep everything in one place so it could be assigned to the appropriate representative.

Zendesk review by <span>Andrew Y.</span>
Andrew Y.

"Incredibly Useful HelpDesk Support Platform"

What do you like best?

The things I like best about Zendesk Support are the solid ticket management options, including social media, support for ITIL and automatic workflows, and the great integration options. This expedites the process of customer issue resolutions and allows our customers to feel more comfortable when they make claims or dispute an inaccuracy. The interface is easy to use and quite user friendly. I am a big fan of this support tool, and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to manage their support process and tools more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Everything works really well from a functional and support perspective. The only downfall of Zendesk Support is the high price tag. The best features are only available at higher pricing tiers. It lacks enterprise features such as change and asset management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Zendesk Support for those looking to make a change in their customer support tools. It's a fantastically intuitive and easy to use tool. It helps expedite the resolution process and helps employees work smarter and more efficiently.

The business problems that Zendesk Support solves are managing customer help tickets, expediting the response process, reducing duplicative efforts, and creating a more efficient customer support process. The main benefits are the speed in responding to customer complaints and emails, ease of resolution process, and simplicity of the interface.

Zendesk review by <span>Benjamin B.</span>
Benjamin B.

"Nice but expensive "

What do you like best?

A lot of features and functions. Really great options to use and an all-in-one support suite, that is very complete. The learning curve is steep but its worth the hassle to get used to it. If you are looking for a good helpdesk and if you can afford the fees, than Zendesk is great – better than Kayako for that matter.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there is only a cloud option. Prices are very expensive if you are in a less advanced country or in a country, with a weak currency. I am in Venezuela and for us it is very difficult to pay the fees. There are other options such as freshdesk, which are also very good and free or less expensive. Unfortunatly no self-hosted-version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software, given you can pay the costs for it. Unfortunately there is no self-hosted version available - or rather there was not when we tested the product - this means, that you must be willing to use your software in the cloud, if you wish to work with Zendesk. Other than that, there is really not much more about the software to tell.

Customer Support and Service, Knowledgebase, Social Support, etc. Everything related to customer support and service. Also we use it for general communications, as all emails used to go into the helpdesk for further processing and work.

Zendesk review by User in Computer Software

"Just what we need!"

What do you like best?

I love seamless functionality of the phone apps and the browser login - the interfaces are intuitive and easy to use on the go! The graphs and analytics are also great - helps us keep a pulse on how we're doing as a team. The pricing is very reasonable and can grow with the company.

What do you dislike?

The tickets allow for adding internal notes--which is great--but it is a really bad day (yeah, it has happened) when you mean to mark the note as internal but forget and send the information meant for a co-worker to the customer. I don't like how easy it is to make this mistake, especially when juggling multiple tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great suite of features at a great price!

We help customer with all general questions and emergency requests. It is greatly helpful that Zendesk Support integrates with the CRM we use, as well as the Jira integration, so our support team can see customer and development ticket information along side the request.

Zendesk review by User

"Helpful tool for tracking support requests"

What do you like best?

I like the customization of fields of available for tagging, that it can connect to SalesForce and Jira, and that you can add branding options if you have the same team supporting different products. I also like the different notification rules, and how it recognizes when someone responds to a specific ticket, even if you have closed that ticket already. You can also merge tickets as well and the product maintains that history.

What do you dislike?

The reports don't offer a ton of customization- Also, they do not take into account your business hours so resolution times can be off which can make it difficult if that is one of your key . metrics.

Giving clients good support to ensure that they have answers to questions, and making sure we know which client they are, what package type they have, and SLA metrics and reminders so we are meeting our end of the contract.

Zendesk review by <span>Julie O.</span>
Julie O.

"Zendesk - solid client services platform"

What do you like best?

We were on Zendesk for several years. Its very easy to use and administer and has a lot of great features.

What do you dislike?

The only real problem we had with Zendesk was that it was difficult to keep our Account and contact information from Salesforce synced easily. There is an integration but its poor. Also we found customer portal wasn't very dynamic or easy to customize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide how much you care about an integration with Salesforce or any other CRM you are using.

We needed a way to track support tickets, share information with clients and report on ticket trends. It served those purposes but was limited in its integration with Salesforce which finally killed it for us.

Zendesk review by <span>Stephen L.</span>
Stephen L.

"Great for Small internal IT team"

What do you like best?

Quick, easy and Intuitive user interface, Provides a great customer experience out of the box with minimal setup and the low end user count is really cheap.

What do you dislike?

Not very customisable, although with a bit of effort and reading the Support documentation there are some limited customisations you can make

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a Small Internal IT Team that uses email - this is an ideal solution. It also has some Good Integrations with the likes of Zapier which can come in very handy

Internal IT Service Desk moved to this tool. It provides a better end user and customer experience with minimal setup. It allows quick, clean interaction between our small support team and our internal Customers. Also it is really cheap for the low user base option.

I have also integrated an external Customer Zendesk system with Salesforce Service Cloud via Zapier - it took just a days work to complete and test the Integration with the 2 systems communicating information back and forth opening Cases in Salesforce from Zendesk Tickets, providing 2-way updates and Closing the Tickets in Zendesk from Salesforce Cases.

Using Zendesk internally has helped in our IT Service Desk culture change, helping provide a modern and positive outlook when communicating with IT throughout the business simply by providing an easy to use email ticketing system that provides auto replies, closure emails and easy reporting.

Zendesk review by <span>Doug L.</span>
Doug L.

"Zendesk makes customer support easy and excellent!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, cost effective, in-depth reporting and analysis of data. Everything is easily accessed via the dashboard. Allows for full accountability of support staff. Feedback features are great and allows the customer to rate their experience and provide detailed information regarding their call or email.

What do you dislike?

Some features are clunky. Tags can sometimes be difficult to work with. VOIP is sometimes poor quality and makes it difficult to communicate, which requires the support agent to disconnect the call and call back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a small company. I don't know how well Zendesk scales, but our experience using the software has been excellent overall. I highly recommend Zendesk as a support solution.

We needed a way to easily take support calls and emails, answer and follow up with customer inquiries, and maintain reports on those interactions. Zendesk keeps our customer support organized, helps our support staff stay on top of requests and issues, and provides feedback via in-depth reporting to help us improve our support service.

Zendesk review by User

"Quick notifications and easy tracking"

What do you like best?

We can easily filter using the keywords and tag other colleagues in specific chain conversations without alerting our clients that we're discussing internally about their queries. The tags are also great because we can easily create new subjects when something comes up. We can also use as many tags as necessary depending on the subject matter of the conversation. The follow-up we do using the tags makes it easier to do just that.

What do you dislike?

When you're tagged in a conversation, there's no standalone alert that notifies me about being tagged in something. Additionally, once I find the tag I have to look in the conversation about where the specific tag is instead of being taken directly to the specific tag. Lastly, this may be on our end, but I dislike the format of how ticket responses come in to my company inbox. The design is not attractive and looks like a machine answering. Again, this could be how we've configured our settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Agree within your company about the tags you wish to use -- make sure it's unanimous!

We are able to listen to our customer and track in a consistent manner what issues are the most prevalent and what were the steps taken to solve each issue. As we grow our business and try different strategies, we can revert back to what measures or steps were taken in certain situations to be able to implement them as company standards. Also, we are able to follow-up in a timely and organized manner.

Zendesk review by User in Internet

"Great platform to track tickets and stay organized "

What do you like best?

- Easy to understand interface

- Tons of custom fields that can be changed to suit the team or business

- Easily integrated into our internal CRM. At any moment, I can click into an account and "View Calls" and see every internal and external ticket/e-mail with a customer. Makes it easy as a trainer to interact with our company's support team

- I've also been working on a help center which will be run through Zen Desk.

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes we receive spam tickets which are not associated with an account but Zen Desk requires an account ID. I wish when inserting a particular Macro, it would allow the ticket to go through without a business ID. To be honest, there aren't many things I can complain about with the platform.

Zendesk allows us to keep track of all customer interactions within the various departments within our company. I'm not even sure of any other softwares or programs that could take Zendek's place.

Zendesk review by <span>Sabreena N.</span>
Sabreena N.

"Easy to navigate once you know how to work it. "

What do you like best?

Easy navigation throughout the site. Users can also modify what they see by changing their views and add groups. The views help differentiate the problems as well as the agents working on the issue. Internal notes help with adding messages to only internal users. We work as the middleman to help resolve the problems rather than emailing the user back and forth. It becomes easier with time to understand.

What do you dislike?

The site usually has issues when it comes to loading and it can also be bit slow at times depending on the server connection. Besides the connection, the app is user friendly but you would need to play around with it to understand the different aspects which becomes time consuming. This can get confusing at first but you will get the hand of it. One difficulty would be when using the phone app to make calls, it would automatically get inputted into the wrong ticket which makes it harder for the agents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to play around with it a bit to get the idea of it.

We solve user issues over zendesk to both students and faculty. We find it easier to communicate through this though recent changes has been confusing. Most of the times it will come to a freeze and the site will not connect. Other than that, the separate views helped agents handle each problem accordingly to meet the customers satisfaction requirements.

Zendesk review by Internal Consultant in Higher Education
Internal Consultant in Higher Education

"Zendesk for IT Helpdesk"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is cloud based and accessible from most anywhere with access to the internet. There are also apps for iOS and Android devices that makes working help desk tickets and support requests easier from most all mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

It could be more customize-able and it could have better feature to brand it to make it look like like your organizations web site. It is too expensive and you have to pay on a per support user as opposed to just a flat rate. They may have a flat rate that I do not know about. But, if they do have a flat rate then I would be quite certain that it would be well out side of what our budget would allow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simply give them a call and set up a webinar and let them show you what it does and see if it is a good fit for you. Also, do the same with other help desk software solutions. Compare all of them before you decide which one is right for you.

we started using the product for IT help desk and support services at first. But, we have now added other depts to it such as the printing dept, web services, maintenance requests, and other similar depts.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"Robust, but not fully utilized by a smaller company"

What do you like best?

The Zendesk Help Center was the most useful thing for us. I liked that we could customize the look and feel of it and put all of our frequently asked questions in a searchable format.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk does a lot of things, but our smaller company had a hard time finding/using everything. We disliked that so many emails go out to our customers (we got your ticket, here's the answer to your ticket, your ticket is now closed, etc). There's probably a way to turn this off, but I couldn't find it in all the settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it some time to implement because there is a lot to setup and learn.

We were sharing an inbox for our support team and this software allowed us to avoid people replying to the same question at the same time. It also gave us the self-service help center, which was great, but we are in the process of phasing this out and using another software that we found easier to figure out/implement.

Zendesk review by User in Internet

"Zendesk is real!"

What do you like best?

What do I like the best with this product? Zendesk was so useful for me as an agent (customer representative). We're using this product to answer and assist customers concern and give them a satisfaction. I like to be commended using this or be rated for good. If you don't have enough knowlede about the concern you handle you can search for the similar macros to use it.

What do you dislike?

What do i dislike in this product is so far i don't have any comment i just want to kindly put another things like background.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NO other commendations just kudos and keep us user to meet the expectation for using it :)

I solved a lot of concern when it comes to delivery matter. Once we give them the answer their concern they will rated us with good.

Zendesk review by <span>Valérie L.</span>
Valérie L.

"Customer support tool!"

What do you like best?

I do like how easy the website is to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the support from their team. They always answer by email and it's super hard to reach them by phone. Also, the app crashes quite often. The title of the ticket leads so when clients reply to an old ticket it links everything together and it can be confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is fairly easy to use. I would say use macros as much as possible this will save you time and headaches.

Having a support platform for our whole team which is spread across Canada.

Zendesk review by <span>Paul A.</span>
Paul A.

"Great for helpdesk ticketing"

What do you like best?

LOVED the ease of use for the users (and admin) and the customization. Great solution for a solo admin with a few users up to much larger environments.

It is also ridiculously easy to use mobile which is a HUGE help for desktop support folks not having to run back to their desks after each ticket. Pull out your phone, do your notes and mark completed. Very nice.

As we were using it to also

What do you dislike?

Integration with other saas offerings could be easier. Keep in mind you can make it do anything you want with the API but out of the box it takes a little doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a really good choice for a straight ticketing system. If that is your main goal I cannot suggest it highly enough.

tracking issues, accounting for sysadmin and tech time and reporting for clients to show value for dollar spent.

Zendesk review by <span>Sheri M.</span>
Sheri M.

"Zendesk is fast, reliable and easy to use."

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Zendesk is it is easy to find my tickets and they have an app so I can know if I have tickets waiting in my inbox while I am out and about. The other great thing about this service is the ability to collaborate easily with other teammates by having the option to leave comments internally. We really like the fact that customers can login to their account and find all of their old tickets quickly and easily and also that we can do the same.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you can get 10 positive tickets and your satisfaction rating will not go up but if you get just 1 negative one it will go down. Sometimes the service will run very slow and will be impossible to use, I do find that it has more glitches than we would like but usually, these are fixed quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your own system for determining customer satisfaction

We use it for Customer Service so it solves the problem of us not being able to speak with customers quickly and efficiently. The benefits are the ease of finding tickets and being able to easily collaborate with other team members.

Zendesk review by <span>Tom V.</span>
Tom V.

"got the job done for most cases."

What do you like best?

Simplicity and easy integration with slack to get notification of new issue or update. Also, Zendesk offers the client to submit the tickets via email.

What do you dislike?

It seems like some of the analytics were incorrect and when we tried to question, we didn't get the answers. For example, the time to resolve metrics seemed to be very high and it didn't reflect our SLA that we had with the customers. But when we wanted to dig into the problem, I couldn't pinpoint the real cause to improve this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a start-up or a small company, Zendesk provides a simple, cost-effective for customer support solution. With a few simple clicks, you can get the system up and run. It has simple interfaces and a few integrations such as Slack so I can get a notification right the way. Zendesk also has an app so I was able to perform simple tasks using my phone without log in using the computer.

Communicate with customer reliably via email

Zendesk review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A good tool for your company's support tickets, but lacking deeper analytics"

What do you like best?

For a support tool, it provides everything you need to assist your customer. You can provide screenshots, attach files, add canned responses, include the answer suggestion widget which allows you to directly link articles from your help center, customer information is visible and you can connect it to your company's slack. It's easy to search through old tickets and there are plenty of views to sort through your tickets. The reporting allows you to compare your company's response time, satisfaction rate and new tickets based off of your industry and company size and there are other high level analytics that are nice to look at.

What do you dislike?

Although there are high level analytics under their Reporting tab, I wish the data dug deeper into the tickets that are coming in from customers. It's not easy to pull reporting if you wanted to for instance,

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great and very straight forward tool for your customer support needs

Providing customer support through a ticketing system - creates a good way to keep track of previous tickets and responses used to answer similar questions.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Zendesk Review"

What do you like best?

I inherited a Zen support desk when I moved position in the company, and I have to admit, I have been looking around to try and mov form it, but only so I can create a sort of stamp in the role. Currently I haven't found any contender for simplicity for the agents and customers, and that has to be a good thing for Zendesk.

I also found their support is top notch - as I mentioned, I inherited this system from the previous head of Support and so I had to learn all the basics, I've logged my fair share of tickets to the zen support people and they always get back to me very promptly - I would say 90% of my queries are answered in roughly two or three exchanges. It seems very personal and thats something that counts when you have to edit and manipulate reports for managers to look over.

What do you dislike?

The Customer portal seems to look quite old fashioned, I would really like for them to be able to see the ticketing system as I do, maybe give them light agent style view?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've looked through quite a few different tools, so far Zen is the best in terms of support and reporting.

Customer ticketing is good, and so is the ability to create your own reports

Zendesk review by <span>Todd &quot;Tj&quot; W.</span>
Todd "Tj" W.

"Zendesk helps us achieve better customer service"

What do you like best?

We are in the industry of Technology it very important that we always stay in communication with our client especially when they are experiencing issues. Zendesk is a tool that assists in doing that and has been very effective in allowing us to stay organized while responding to client concerns.

What do you dislike?

There really is not much about Zendesk that we do not appreciate in our organization. Although there has been a few incidents where our client's have complained that they never received a response, but this again is rare and we are not sure if those client actually ever reached out to us to begin with regarding their issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it has helped our organization a lot in answering client's in timely matter.

We are in the internet marketing field specifically focused on the Storage Industry and we consistently receive request through Zendesk regarding client issues

Zendesk review by <span>Youssef S.</span>
Youssef S.

"A wonderful software that streamlines the CS experience"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and learnability of the software. Within an hour or so I had picked up the ins and outs of how ZenDesk works. Previous CRM software, such as Salesforce Desk, was cumbersome and clanky in the learning process, and was not intuitive. ZenDesk is an incredibly intuitive software, and I would definitely recommend it to any CS team that is looking to scale their support.

Additionally, user/customer profiles make it easy to look up previous ticket history, especially when needing to reference a previous issue a customer was facing. Combining/merging tickets allows our team to know exactly what to look for and focus on when crafting a response.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot of support for users, especially when the software is experiencing issues. At most there is a tweet sent out from ZenDesk's Support Twitter account, and we do get notifications on when service is back up, but it would be helpful to get more detail about what issues our team is facing when ZenDesk goes down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ZenDesk is easy to learn, easy to use, and has helped out tremendously with our team's CS needs!

Our primary business problem is attempting to solve customer issues that can vary across a number of different concerns. ZenDesk makes it easy to consolidate multiple customer tickets into one, so we can better address each concern point by point.

Zendesk review by <span>Guillaume P.</span>
Guillaume P.

"Zendesk review for Wisembly"

What do you like best?

Te best point: very complete and well integrated solution.

I kinda like Zendesk FAQ which is highly customizable through some templates and code. It is possible to have a well designed look & feel that integrates into our chart. Having tested other solutions (like Readme.io), the tool learning curve could be a bit long but possibilities are really appreciable.

Tickets support is ok.

Integration is great; lot of tools integrate with Zendesk (Wordpress plugings, Algolia search, Talkus, Zapier..). We leveraged that to include Algolia powerful search on Zendesk FAQ content directly inside our solution, in a very few code lines.

Stats are OK

Phone recording and handling is good.

What do you dislike?

UI/UX is simple but a bit stark. Quite a few pages changes, would be great to have more single page application to switch less between pages and calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Zendesk is a major help desk, maybe along Desk. It could be a bit costly but worth it for a well integrated and complete solution. One shop stop for all your support/faq/live help.

Could be a bit more friendly (for example, we use Talkus.io to live tchat inside our Slack account and then send that data to Zendesk)

We solve with Zendesk users/clients autonomy with well designed FAQ and self-confidence in the product with good help quality. Users that read our FAQ or contact us on Zendesk are more likely well on-boarded and more loyal over the time.

Zendesk review by <span>Kristin N.</span>
Kristin N.

"Intuitive ticket platform."

What do you like best?

Zendesk is incredibly legible and easy to navigate from a user experience standpoint. I enjoy its fonts, layout and intuitive structure. It manages to show you a lot of details about a support ticket in minimalist manner. It's simple to learn as well.

Being able to open other tickets in new Zendesk tabs is incredibly helpful, and I like the recent integration of the ticket number always showing to keep yourself organized.

Finally, I appreciate being able to draft a response, but feeling secure that my text will be saved should I accidentally be working on the "wrong" browser tab.

What do you dislike?

I'm very happy with this software, but I find advanced settings like customizing your Views a little on the confusing side. Also, something like sending the same email again might benefit from a designated button to do so (and if it exists, it just means I haven't found it yet).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find it good for what it's needed for.

The task of customer support is made easier, with a constantly updated inbox that is easy to keep an eye on. Allows for quicker service and an enhanced company image.

Zendesk review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Best Customer Support System Solution"

What do you like best?

I've already tried two Ticketing System and I must say Zendesk is a complete package. I particularly like the Automation and macros which helps me become more efficient in handling customers emails. The neat looking and straightforward UI makes the learning curve easier. Also, I find the live chat effectively useful to assist the customer in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

The only lacking feature I notice using Zendesk is that there's no split message function that other Ticketing System Solution has. This is function would be extremely helpful in case of accidentally merging tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The trial alone may provide all that customer support features and functionality especially for the beginner.

Customer Service and Productivity in general. The insights and analytics provide in depth reports about the performance of agents and the numbers of tickets solved. This feature allows us to improve our overall customer support.

Zendesk review by <span>Eric L.</span>
Eric L.

"ZenDesk is a Great Product"

What do you like best?

I really like the user interface and the ability to integrate with a program like Jira. It really helps us do a good job in meeting what the customer needs. I like the customer support. Whenever we seem to have any issues, they are very responsive with giving us feedback or pointing toward the place where we can find the answer.

What do you dislike?

I think that the upgrade tried to add a lot more graphics to the UI, and make it a lot more fun to use, but in the end I think it was detrimental to the UI and how fast things are. I could care less about how the colors look like and care more about the service provided. I dislike sometimes that the site has extended maintenance windows especially during the office hours, but times when we are trying to catch up on work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It definitely is the best software out there for what we need. I really enjoy using it so, definitely try it before going with a competitor.

We are trying to solve better ways to interact with our customers and complete the needs faster. I think there should be a couple of more features with work tasking so that people can be given certain accounts or certain customers in an automated manner, and not have to have an administrator do this task. Otherwise I think that it is definitely headed in the right direction and will continue being a customer of this product.

Zendesk review by <span>Fedor P.</span>
Fedor P.

"Zendesk provides an extremely useful service."

What do you like best?

Zendesk is one of the most vital services for a company to have, regardless of its stage, simply because customer service and feedback are a very important element in determining whether or not a company's product succeeds.

What do you dislike?

Some of their technology, such as email communication, needs to be improved on the customer side. That is why we dropped it and switched to a chat service with our FAQ/Customer Service pages. We've received a lot of complaints about the quantity of emails Zendesk Support sends to customers on our behalf during open cases, which a lot of customers disliked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying out all of the features of Zendesk support to get a good opinion as to whether it would benefit your development/customer service team to use such a support service.

We've received a lot of complaints about the quantity of emails Zendesk Support sends to customers on our behalf during open cases, which a lot of customers disliked, which is why we dropped the service in an effort to make customer services cases get addressed more immediately, i.e. through a chat service.

Zendesk review by <span>Amir Z.</span>
Amir Z.

"Happy Buddha "

What do you like best?

The analytics. Incredibly helpful in our ability to report customer satisfaction, response times and reporting to our product team issues over time. The insights our customer experience team now allow us to place benchmarks and exceed goals - I don't know how we functioned without Zendesk's reporting.

What do you dislike?

Two things, the latest iOS update for the iPhone and iPad makes it much harder to categorize tickets, delete or spam tickets. This used to be one of my favorite features because it allowed us to resolve tickets from anywhere, anytime. I am hoping it will be resolved soon. While the custom reporting is powerful and flexible, to provide a little more UI guidance in setting up reports or provide some options for templates. I would also like the ability to go back further than 90 days, it would be helpful to go back at least one year if possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We started with the free account and upgraded as needed.

Intelligence in our customer experience process and opportunities to systemically improve by utilizing the metrics Zendesk provides us. This also allows us to view what the top issues are on our platform by appropriately tagging and organizing the content that is being submitted into Zendesk.

Zendesk review by <span>Victor I.</span>
Victor I.

"An easy to implement help center"

What do you like best?

Have checked a lot of help center options and so far Zendesk comes closest to an ideal solution. It takes some time to overview all your help support material to divide them into categories and sections, but from that point on, Zendesk feels pretty intuitive. Creating new articles is easy, formatting is intuitive and publishing is instant, Overall, a great solution so far.

What do you dislike?

By default, there's no lightbox support for images. Zendesk is pretty popular, so it's not difficult to find a a third-party implementation for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is probably one of the easiest and coolest help center solutions to implement.

We're expanding our help center and wanted to find a flexible solution that would let us roll out new articles and organize the existing ones instantly. Zendesk fits these requirements.

Zendesk review by User in Financial Services

"Zendesk Help Desk Review"

What do you like best?

Very simple to use. Lots of opportunities automate routing of tickets, responses, etc.

Easy to work on multiple tickets at once without having a million tabs open on your browser. The tabs actually open on the Zendesk dashboard.

Very easy to organize internal notes and share tickets with other teams. You can set up macros for a lot of things.

There are a lot of useful analytics that we didn't have visibility into before. Also we can receive feedback from our customers, which is very helpful

What do you dislike?

I don't like how if you want to put an internal note on a ticket, you switch from public reply to internal reply. This is something I had to get used to as the system we used before had a separate location for internal notes. I did accidentally send an internal reply to a customer (thankfully it was nothing bad, just a simple questions), so watch out for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial. Make sure you like the key features. I think Zendesk is a product that will be one that will grow with you as your company grows. Many cool features that you can utilize either right away or down the road depending on where you are at as a company.

Helping our customers implement our product faster by being able to respond to their questions faster. We have noticed faster response times and more tickets being solved.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Furniture
Administrator in Furniture

"Using Zendesk as a Ticketing system"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is used by many companies and you can tell when you use it. There are a lot of features, but more importantly the correct features. It works how a support/ticketing system should work. Asking the right questions and collecting to correct information can help the user, so having a system that can facilitate that is what's needed.

Access to the API's has been great use as we've linked Zendesk with Leankit and Kanban board that the development team use to track requests and bug fixes.

What do you dislike?

Not much to be honest. It does what we need it to do. The attachments are all there, but sometimes the format and UI space does make it hard to see the attachment properly. It would be nice that some of the side bars could be shrunk to moved. Or that the images can be clicked on and zoomed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try as it does do a lot of things really well.

It has allowed us to track all incoming requests. We use it as a single point of contact into the IT team. This means that all requests are tracked, never loosing a request and making sure that we process them with the correct priority. Along with the ability to pass our development requests onto the developers it has made our lives a lot easier.

Zendesk review by <span>Dani S.</span>
Dani S.

"Simple but deceiving "

What do you like best?

Looks nice at first sight and clients are used to it, and it's plenty of functionalities (depending on the pricing tier you pick) for managing complex ticketing systems. It claims to integrate with social media tools but we didn't develop this. Also offers a chat interface but we could not manage to integrate with our main webpage.

What do you dislike?

I found it a complete pain to manage. It was our first choice to manage helpdesk support but received lots of user complains for double and triple mails, replies that generated new tickets and unappropiated tagging of cases. The triggering also did not work as expected and generated some high severity tickets that were not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is a "big monster" and can manage loads of information but if your company is small you will find yourself overwhelmed with all the configuration possibilities. Sure you will mismatch some triggers or config in first place and this could lead to client misunderstanding.

We tried to use it as our help desk engine but due to the confusion generated we quckly discarded it and looked for another simpler solution (GrooveHQ).

Zendesk review by <span>Christopher C.</span>
Christopher C.

"Top of the line customer support system"

What do you like best?

I've worked with Zendesk for several years, and it keeps getting better. It has more features that are useful, improvements on things that need it, and an easy-to-use and easy-to-customize interface. I recommend it to IT groups when I can.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes things are challenging to implement, like multiple groups for differing client bases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend looking at all ticketing systems, with Zendesk being the gold standard by which you compare others. If Zendesk doesn't do it, it's probably not worth tracking.

Zendesk allows my company to manage the increasing number of support requests by providing our small team (less than 5) the tools to respond quickly and efficiently.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Powerful CRM tool to match almost all your CX needs"

What do you like best?

The use of automations and triggers is by far my favorite aspect of Zendesk. Reporting through Insights and Gooddata have helped solved many problems. Additionally, the customization of everything is very robust and it becomes apparent very quickly of why they're an industry leader.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, while it is very robust, it misses some features you'd expect out of a CRM tool. One issue we were trying to solve was a ticket reminder system and to add an internal note automatically. This was not possible through any features, so a trigger/automation combo had to be created. This seemed like a simple feature to exist but it did not.

We use Zendesk for order support primarily, as well as educating and guiding our customers in the features of our app. Zendesk is quick and efficient. It allows us to communicate with customers at a rapid speed and its internal reporting tools have helped us figure out key issues in our customer experience.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Lots of room to make Zendesk yours with the API"

What do you like best?

With Zendesk as a user, I like that there is an API attached along with trigger to hit other APIs.

Whenever I might come across some limitation within the system, I was able to program in a better or more efficient way to do things.

e.g The Slack app installation was subpar in my experience (it tended to make changes to settings after I modified them to work in another way), so I was able to hit the Slack API directly from Zendesk and define what should happen when via triggers/automations

What do you dislike?

Zendesk has some things that just are not documented which causes interesting situations-- e.g. that you can only have 1000 open tickets at one time before zendesk auto closes them for you (even without a trigger/automation to close), lack of documentation in acceptable fields to pass into the API, no editing of closed tickets

Connecting customers with engineering (jira) and sales (salesforce) while also providing a great customer experience (triggers/automations/tailored auto responder emails)

Zendesk review by <span>Jenny C.</span>