Zendesk Support

(1,202)

Give customer support by email, social media, voice, and mobile phone with complete data reporting, TRUSTe certification, and 90+ integrations.

Work for Zendesk Support?

Learning about Zendesk?

Zendesk Support Reviews

Ask Zendesk a Question
Showing 1,206 Zendesk reviews
Zendesk review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zendesk Support
Zendesk review by Jerome K.
Jerome K.

"Great Help Desk Ticket Support System"

What do you like best?

I personally love the integration of Zendesk into my proactive monitoring software the I use called Watchman Monitoring. When an issue arises, the application automatically opens and assigns a ticket to me and I then can act on it rapidly depending on the urgency.

What do you dislike?

In the past, there were many outages for the server that my Zendesk instance was running on. Luckily, they seemed to have corrected that and downtime is scarce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If use another third party application that interfaces with Zendesk much time will be saved to focus on the important priorities. I would also definitely recommend enabling 2FA once you set up your product.

I am trying to automate a lot of the daily tasks and also cannot keep on checking on the computer status manually. Zendesk allows me to keep track of open tickets and track the time spent on each ticket. Automating a lot of this process has freed up some time!

What Help Desk solution do you use?

Zendesk review by Alejandro L.
Alejandro L.

"It is the best customer service you can have on your website!"

What do you like best?

I've been using it for 3 years and i must say that is the best customer service that anyone can have attached to a website, the API is so smooth and not invasive, so it isn't annoying for people who want to ask anything related with a product or just asking for assistance in the website, it is highly recommended for those who want 24/7 customer support, also zendesk is offering a trial so you can test the product before buying it and belive me; you won't regret! buy it with your eyes closed!

What do you dislike?

i do not have anything negative to say about zendesk, i really loved the product, the only small thing i complain about is when i log in on the main page and i'm going to change my requests, it gets a bit slow, but besides that, nothing at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are similar products; but i reccomend Zendesk because it is one of the best things that the internet can offer, it is what people wants; 24/7 assistance, quality support, Great interface and a good price for it.

I'm not currently solving any problems with zendesk and i think that in the time that i use it i will not, the most marked benefit is that 3 years from now, my sales have been increasing by 25% thanks to the fact that the client feels safe and cared for when he ask about anything, that is the thing that attracts the most customers.

Zendesk review by Jillian P.
Jillian P.

"Average Service"

What do you like best?

It works well for what it's made for and that's to store support emails and keep them organized for future reference.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I have to do more than the system does. I feel as though it does nothing to integrate with other services like gmail or your regular email and it seems annoying to have to go into the website in order to respond to support requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend taking your time to fully understand Zendesk. Their articles are lacking a bit with up-to-date information, so there are a lot of things that you're going to need human help with.

We are solving our organization issue with support emails because there are 12 different support agents on the email and for the longest time no one knew if anyone answered the user or 3 people would answer the user and that makes everything complicated. I've realized that Zendesk Support's triggers help immensely with a problem such as this one. It's triggers and automations take a bit to tweak, but are awesome!

Zendesk review by Elroy P.
Elroy P.

"The best ticket management program"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to write and answer tickets in the system. A good location that is easy to move inside. There is a lot of support that is easily available if you need help with anything in your account. It also has the ability to add certain tags to tickets and I can view all tickets that have tags .

What do you dislike?

Notifications of actions are a bit confusing. It makes you think that you have something unfinished, and I do not need notifications that I have finished.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All sorts of support issues, including printer problems, account issues, access to projects, etc. We also receive tickets that tell us about the potential hacking and spam that our end users will receive.

I recommend trying this software solution for a great way to track your company's support and view chat requests from your company. It is easy to use and provides reports that can be very useful.

Zendesk review by Jolanda S.
Jolanda S.

"Our clients are in our hands"

What do you like best?

First of all, I like the fact that this program is flexible, you can customize it for the capabilities and needs of your company and it takes several days, not a month or two, like other programs. Thanks to this program, it became easier to monitor and track e-mail and our work become on a level higher.

What do you dislike?

Global problems our company does not see, there is some kind of desires to improve the mobile version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will be enough simply for you to track the priorities of your customers and they will understand that you are always a leader among competitors. The difference between the quality of the program and its multi-voluntariness will make you happy. Whatever you do, this program will be adjusted just for you.

Zendesk allows me and my team to keep all information about our customers in one place, so communication with customers is effective and personal. For a long time we did not manage to establish a clear and well-coordinated work with our customers, but with the Zendesk its became possible.

Zendesk review by Jorge G.
Jorge G.

"Mi experiencia Zendesk"

What do you like best?

Es una herramienta muy potente que si no tienes experiencia puede resultar un poco lento el proceso de aprendizaje para sacar provecho al 100%, la verdad es que los tutoriales y su foro de ayuda es demasiado bueno.

What do you dislike?

Hasta el momento me agrada todo el sistema, tal vez si algo cambiaría sería el diseño del dashboard ya que es donde pasas el mayor tiempo del día, posiblemente jugaría con una apariencia más moderna.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cualquiera sea tu industria zendesk te apoyara en soporte interno o con cliente final, pueden estar todas las áreas que se involucren en un Customer Journey para llevar por departamentos los pendientes de ciertos ticket. Si lo que buscas es una herramienta para Customer Service y seguimiento, Zendesk es lo ideal, no lo pienses más y adquierelo ya.

El principal problema que nos soluciono fue el tiempo de respuesta a solicitudes ya que el controlarlo todo desde el correo paso a ser un poco complicado. Pero con Soporte de Zendesk filtramos todos los correos de nuestro interés para seguimiento.

Zendesk review by Dimitris S.
Dimitris S.

"Simply the best"

What do you like best?

Where to start from. I've never used a tool like this before. It provides anything you might need (and many that you didn't know that you need) in your browser. You can manage and collaborate across multiple teams, handle your work with ease and even get valuable feedback from your clients.

The UI is excellent, the true meaning of Application as a Service. It's like using a desktop app but from your browser, which is hosted in a different server. It's the perfect tool for support teams, if they want to take a step higher in the quality of their services.

What impresses me though, is how dynamic its configuration is. You can add dropdown lists on the fly, or even create new rules for the transitions.

What do you dislike?

It's tedious to make bulk changes as it isn't easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First class support tool. It also provides an application, so you can take it with you all the times and never miss an SLA or an urgent ticket

As I describe above, there are many benefits in using Zendesk. It lets support teams do their job more easily and tidier.

Zendesk review by Jonathan T.
Jonathan T.

"Zendesk has made BeyondPay a better company"

What do you like best?

How easy it is for our customers and employees to use.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive, especially the add-ons like Chat and Talk. Enterprise is cost prohibitive imho.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every year or so I sign up for evaluations of other providers, and while I suppose each one has its neat features, I still think Zendesk is the best. Easy to use, flexible to setup custom rules, nice self service help desk, and tons of integrations with all the various apps we try out. I wish they had a bit more flexibility with the permissions between Admins and Agents--as we end up having to give more permissions to our employees than I would prefer, but overall, it is the best solution for help desks for B2B business--at least for our industry where we deal almost exclusively with direct questions from business individuals.

Our main objective was to get a handle on customer questions and issues getting lost in email. The main benefit has been the balance of pulling in "cc'in" the appropriate people to accomplish an issue, but having an assignee that is on the hook for getting the issue resolved and following through. We have seen our customer satisfaction dramatically increase, along with our ability to scale indefinitely.

Zendesk review by Greg J.
Greg J.

"Zendesk Review "

What do you like best?

An all in one ticket tracking app in the cloud that you can access from anywhere. It even has a mobile app for your phone. You have a queue for inbound requests which agents can pull requests from into their own queue.

There are an endless add on apps you can installed to enhance the support tech and customer experience.

What do you dislike?

When there are server issues that impact our ability to use Zendesk. Does not happen often, though it can be frustration for support techs and customers.

We have been with Zendesk for over 7 years and it does what we need it to do for customer ticket tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep doing what you are doing.

Having a central place for supporting our customers. Providing documentation that is part of the support platform that customers can view before submitting a request.

Allowing manager the ability to view reports and track KPI and tends of requests.

Zendesk review by Krishna P.
Krishna P.

"Good tool for Service desk and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like Dashboard view which gives simple picture of groups and invidual open tickets, ticket statistics and tickets requiring my attention. Using Views, we can see how many unsolved tickets in each group. Reporting tab gives more data about overall progressive of agents and tickets etc....

What do you dislike?

I do not see any major complaints so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will be a good tool for who looking for IT Helpdesk/Service Desk. creating tickets and assign to appropriate teams to further follow up. Dashboard view is very helpful and give quick picture about open tickets, ticket statistics and require attention on tickets of each group. You can customise categories and fields as required. Reporting is amazing feature where you can find all the data to compare your key metrics.

Made it easy, we do not need much efforts to work with this tool

Zendesk review by Tracey M.
Tracey M.

"Zendex is a userfriendly simple to use customer support software platform"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is easy to set up and configure, to customise and to configure on an ongoing basis as changes are needed. The macros and other functions enable easy and quick replies to customer queries and the tagging system allows for queries to be tagged for reporting metrics.

What do you dislike?

I found that it occasionally appeared to 'time out' - not often but often enough to make it worth mentioning here. It would be handy to have a warning pop up when people attempted to reply to a no-reply address too. This is not so much the software fault but unfortunately, not all staff were smart enough to prevent this mistake themselves.

The search could do with some finetuning, otherwise no real complaints thanks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product but I would recommend starting with a list of what you need from software, then what you would like then a nice to have list. See how many ticks this software gets. Compare it to at least two pieces of other software of the same nature before making your final decision. This is what I recommend for any piece of software. Also, check out their own forms of customer support, and social media sites to see what other customers have had to say about the software.

Enhanced customer support, faster turn around for Customer Service and increased one-touch ticket solving. It's been handy for benchmarking us against other companies in terms of our turn around times and to encourage a bit of competition between team members to cut their turn around time down while still producing quality emails.

Zendesk review by Minh D.
Minh D.

"The current gold standard for ticketing and support."

What do you like best?

Zendesk provides a multitude of features that are excellent for building out your customer support portal.

I use portal because this isn't simply a ticketing system like a lot of the alternatives, but an entire platform where you can build a repository of information, answers to frequently asked questions and finally the customer support system itself.

What do you dislike?

While the UI is quite clean, it is not as intuitive as it could be. Newer users often get confused when navigating different support tickets.

Improved customer service and response while reducing the actual load on support. This is because the customer is required to view the answers to frequently asked questions as well as be exposed other potential solutions before they open up a ticket.

We see that the vast majority of issues now get resolved before a ticket even gets opened.

Zendesk review by Kevin B.
Kevin B.

"Zendesk is a the best ticketing system I've used as a Systems Engineer"

What do you like best?

Besides the general ticketing system features, I absolutely love all the third party and optional integrations available and supported by Zendesk; including the Mobile App!

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have anything about zendesk that I really just don't like. If i had to pick something, i suppose it would be the amount of emails i receive receive sometimes due to sheer number of tickets i get tagged in or carbon copied on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use something like Jira for example but you're not a developer or within a dev/qa team for example, then once you try Zendesk, it instantly becomes a great fit for IT Support internal or external. Customers love the simplicity of it as well. The integrations with other products that you likely already utilize within your company is outstanding as well!

Internal and customer support. Multi-department collaboration on support tickets. Integrated Chat. Customer and Internal user self-service. Email to ticket generation. I could go on and on!

Zendesk review by mike s.
mike s.

"system work wonders"

What do you like best?

I like that our customers can communicate with us through the email type system, if we call and have to leave a message most of them will reply by email through the system.

What do you dislike?

For us we use this as a ticketing system for our customers with problems, if we need to send part or a replacement unit, we totally have to change to our other system and order from there, I wish it would have that capability to have that in there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a great tool to use very easy and has a great impact that allows your customers to be involved with out really having to pick up the phone,

We use it for an automotive product, the benefits are amazing in that my customers are up to date on what is going on with there claims.

Zendesk review by James F.
James F.

"simplified ticketing system for our business!"

What do you like best?

We are using Zendesk for lots of things:

1) Ticketing system for customers concerns

2) Tracking of our progress for each project

3) Social media integrated

I say that I like Zendesk as a whole as we are using it for different purposes.

As for the features, Zendesk can be integrated to other platforms such as slack which is awesome. Another thing is that Zendesk is available in mobile application (but needs tons of improvement) which gives us the ability to track tickets on the go.

Zendesk also offers help center, wherein we can redirect our customers to answer any common issues. Not only customers would benefit here but also us, as we can create our own knowledge base, wherein it is not available for public.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk does not have the option to allocate a ticket to multiple light agents. Also mobile version needs tons of improvement. It does not have all ticket views present in desktop version

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Zendesk, I can say that it is all in one! Not all ticketing system can be integrated elsewhere such as facebook and slack. It also has chat functionality

We are using Zendesk to answer customer concerns via e-mail, chat and social media.

Zendesk review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Best, simple and easy to use ticketing System"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is very easy to use, even if you are new to ticketing system you would easily understand how to use this. Besides, Zendesk is very easy to set up.

What I like the best here is that it allows me to create macros. Macros is like a template that we will input in the ticket so that we dont need to type long messages over and over again.

Also it has the option to add certain tags on tickets and I can view all tickets that has those tags.

I can also create a mother and parent ticket, so that if in case we need to send the same e-mail to multiple customer we only need to do it once.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application needs a lot of improvement. Certain ticket views are not available there.

No option to allocate ticket to multiple light agent

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is very easy to use. You will never regret purchasing this software

Ticket fault tracking and internal provisioning.

Zendesk review by Joseph L.
Joseph L.

"Impressive Ticket Management Workflow"

What do you like best?

Zendesk has much it does well, but most beneficial to us is the overall self-service approach the suite takes. The customer-facing portal with its knowledge base is first class in and of itself, but even better is how the knowledge base is tied into ticket workflow. It's incredibly helpful to have the KB integrated into the queue, and be able to quickly search for and include articles in customer responses. Zendesk is the best at making this whole process easier for the agent. Also killer is the reporting, with great stock reporting out of the gate along with the ability to use GoodData for detailed reporting.

What do you dislike?

Not much here to dislike, but at some point it would behoove Zendesk to upgrade its widget to allow for more interactions than simply searching the knowledge base and creating a ticket. More of a user experience there would be helpful.

We've been able to beat industry standards on first reply time and customer satisfaction, despite significant ticket volume. While our people have much to do with that, it was definitely more difficult before we had Zendesk.

Zendesk review by Megan Z.
Megan Z.

"Zendesk Support has always worked for me!"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to write and respond to tickets in the system. Nice layout that is easy to navigate within. I was recently married and it was super easy for me to change my name in the profile.

What do you dislike?

It has always worked well for me, I really don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a ticketing system, this is a great option. This is a way to manage workflow, completion of tasks, and communication. My favorite part is having the ticket number trail to always know what was accomplished or what needs more work without the email trail. The only emails are the emails to alert you that a ticket has some update, which is also helpful as I don't have to wonder when work was done.

I am working on report writing tickets. We use the tickets to help trouble shoot why the system isn't working or request updated work. It is a very clean and effective way to communicate. It tracks all pieces of the ticket and with the ticket number you can reference back what work was done in a particular area. Often emails get bogged down and information is lost, not with this system.

Zendesk review by Ilan B.
Ilan B.

"Great and robust tool - But not "straight out of the box" solution"

What do you like best?

Zendesk allows me to quickly resolve our support tickets while efficiently managing assignments, automation, different triggers, and reporting. I keep discovering new features all the time - which can be both a pro and a con, as for some features - I had no idea I could use or that they even exist. Their team is great and always resolved any issue I had quickly.

Their reporting feature (via Gooddata) is robust and allows a really deep dive into your metrics.

What do you dislike?

While seems like a simple tool, there is a lot of different options and feature, and it takes a while to understand all the benefits. The integration with SFDC took a while (although to be fair, I had to go through the process about ~4 years ago, so maybe made simpler now).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, great team, innovative team - Highly recommended.

As mentioned in the first paragraph - Once you know how all the feature works together and set your automation and trigger rules, this tool makes my life so much easier.

Zendesk review by Cordelia E.
Cordelia E.

"Zendesk makes it possible to simplify and improve the work with clients"

What do you like best?

Zendesk has many functions, but it's easy to use and configure. One is constantly being improved. A very convenient filtration system that allows you to make the necessary and effective selection. Also, you can effectively use the sharing feature. The help desk quickly answers questions and helps to solve problems.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's somewhat difficult to add new features. Zendesk has uncomfortable navigation. I would like to make it more perfect. For new users it is necessary to conduct training, otherwise it can be difficult to work efficiently at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is a great platform for helping and supporting customers. I'm sure it's worth trying this software. If you are not sure, you can first try the free version. You may need some time to learn this service. However, this applies to any software.

We use Zendesk to improve our support workflows and to improve our customer experience. Zendesk provides the ability to collect data and materials for our customers and internal use. We can determine what information and problems are most interested in our customers. What is the dynamics of queries during a day or another period of time. Also Zendesk gives us the opportunity to more effectively track customer feedback.

Zendesk review by Delah S.
Delah S.

"Zendesk -- Customer Support Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Recent integrations such as Salesforce and Google Analytics --- which were helpful at the last company I worked for. I thought it was an excellent move. The live chat feature allows for support in real time and takes the "middle man" feeling out of addressing issues. It provides a platform to build efficiency and accountability quickly within a department.

What do you dislike?

In my opinion, although the setup is fairly user friendly, Zendesk works best for you if you put extra attention into your setup. Setup everything to your liking and preferences the first time around and it works great. If not, it becomes a bit cumbersome while you're actually in the thick of things. Keeping notes "private" between team members isn't blatant and therefore could be very easily sent to the customer.

Zendesk is scalable which is fantastic. It also creates accountability. Reporting is also helpful (although the metrics could stand to be improved). Keeps ticket priority organized (if everyone in your department plays nicely).

Zendesk review by Fillipe Neyl W.
Fillipe Neyl W.

"One of the best, but expensive."

What do you like best?

Zendesk is known for it's quality, and they really deliver top class solutions for costumer support. The solutions work very well, are easy to setup up and offer many options to automate and make things don't consume all your or your agents time with repetitive tasks.

What do you dislike?

The price. I live in Brazil, so USD monthly subscriptions of at least 45 USD for each user just for the Support (ticketing) module is pretty expensive for me. I also don't like the logotypes they use for each solution, they look too much like kids drawings to me (not that it makes any difference in the quality of the products!). I contacted Zendesk but they don't offer any benefit in price for small companies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the money to pay for it, it's a great choice!

Fast and reliable support. But could be getting a lot more done if it wasn't for the price issue. I'm planing on migrating to other solution.

Zendesk review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Zendesk. A Good Customer Support Platform"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is easy to navigate, easy to edit and add macros, and can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. I love the edibility of the overall platform to meet needs and changes as they come. After trying a few other platforms, it still out-performs the others, in my experience.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the data was a bit more manageable or editable. It's not bad, it's just not the best it could be or malleable to our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to give others a try, but at the end of the day, Zendesk just seems to be the best base for support.

We use Zendesk on a day-to-day basis for a majority of our customer interactions. From first-time contact to continued conversations, it's easy to trace. It's even nice to share and have teamwork and support with each interaction.

Zendesk review by Edmond L.
Edmond L.

"Zendesk is a wonderful way for teams to communicate "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ability to leave notes on a thread. Seeing a thread where a couple others have also helped a customer is especially cool.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really to dislike about Zendesk. The only thing I have a problem with, there's hardly a solution. It's difficult to connect customers that are writing in from a different email than previously. That's a human problem, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just dig in and start grabbing tickets. It just takes time to get comfortable. Be sure to use macros and save yourself some time.

Everyone on the team can be available to respond to customers or pick up where someone else might have left off. Nothing ever has to be owned by anyone. We're able to set strict SLAs so our customers are being helped in a hurry. Using macros makes some ticket touches last a matter of seconds while still solving a problem for the customer.

Zendesk review by Nathan M.
Nathan M.

"Easy to use browser based Helpdesk software"

What do you like best?

It has a well thought out design and makes it easy to find tickets. It makes it easy to find and respond to tickets. I like being able to customize the ticket views as well. I love how easy it is for all of our techs to assign ourselves tickets, and I love that we can easily get insight into who has been responded to and who is waiting for help.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could insert an image as opposed to attaching it. This makes it easier for customers to see screenshots. The customized views do not show up in the Android app, this makes it hard for me to use them. I wish there were more columns on the main screen. I want to be able to see what company the requester works for, or at least their email address.

Having all of our clients send work requests to a single place where we can easily delegate tasks and keep up with new requests.

Zendesk review by Babis D.
Babis D.

"It's easy to create a support for your website"

What do you like best?

It like how easy it is to create a support section for your website on that platform, and their responsiveness in terms of customers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it take sometime to deliver you the support ticket that someone submited. Also most of the times it should get you a notification telling you that you got a ticket waiting for you, but most of the times it doesn't! You can check for yourself if you have any tickets to answer! it is awful to let your customers wait when they need your help and you don't know that they are waiting for you!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best to use Zendesk Support. It has everything a company needs for their customers!

Ease of use and excellent Support! Recommended! The price is at a good point and it offers many things that other supports don't. My company switched to Zendesk because of the more things they offer instead of other.

We use it on my job as a support section for our website. Anyone needing help, goes there .

They use high security data encryption so there is no data loss, and they offer Professional services.

Zendesk review by Shimon S.
Shimon S.

"CSM that work with Zendesk "

What do you like best?

It is pretty easy is to create a support section for our website (the gateway to our platform).

The ability to communicate with the customers and with the Support team on the same platform is amazing.

In addition, there are lots of APPS/integrations that can be added we are awesome. Apps like customer status, customer information etc.

Bottom line - In our company, different teams (support, R&D, CS) can work together and communicate clearly and effectively with our customers in one single point of truth.

What do you dislike?

I think that the UX can be dramatically improved. Esappacitly for customer-facing end-user experience (the Non-technical customers).

In addition, the WYSIWYG - should be dramatically improved as well. in 2018, we must have the ability to paste images easily (and not via attachments).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I heard that Zendesk is easy to implement. The value of using Zendesk is great.

Support Tickets management and ticket communication (both internally and externally).

Zendesk review by Caiden T.
Caiden T.

"From Gmail to Ticket Tanks"

What do you like best?

ORGANIZATION! It's a real thing with Zendesk. It's so nice having priorities broken down into views and ticket counts and so many other key analytics. Real-time data has been life-changing for our customer service department.

What do you dislike?

I wish the plans for smaller companies had access to more features like CSAT scores.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend as much time as you can learning about ZD;s features. Watch the videos, do the webinars and interact with the community. The Help Threads are so valuable and I've learned so much from participating in them. Don't be afraid to click around and explore every clickable link. Chances are, it's going to open you up to a whole lot of insight you may have missed by not opting to find out for yourself.

Not all of our apps integrate as seamlessly as originally described. Amazon Channel Reply has issues where we answer within ZD and the email still shows unread on the Amazon platform. This effects our performance scores.

Zendesk review by Lee'Ann B.
Lee'Ann B.

"Great support!"

What do you like best?

First, let me start with... I previously used Zendesk in a company that I managed about 6 or 7 years ago, and it we heavily relied on Zendesk back then. Now, with the current company I own, we started using Zendesk again after having such a great experience the first time around. I thought it was great then - it's so much better now! There are a ton of app integrations that you can easily integrate with. It's cost-effective and reasonable for small to large businesses. There is a lot of support readily available if you need help with anything on your account. I like the ability to have support email, messages & mentions from social and chat all in one place.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of any dislikes for Zendesk!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is easy to implement and easy to get started with. Sign up for their free trial and test it out. You will get a good feel for the platform and test out their integrations.

Improvement in customer service - response times are faster. This helps with time management since everything is on one easy dashboard, there is no need to log in to several platforms to respond to support issues.

Zendesk review by Miriam K.
Miriam K.

"Helpful Management of Inbox"

What do you like best?

I like that I can work with my team to communicate clearly and effectively to our clients, all while staying on the same page!

What do you dislike?

The language that Zendesk uses had a big growth curve for me. My team uses this service primarily for managing email, so I get confused about what all of the terms mean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know about other products out there, but once I got used to it, Zendesk has been easy to use and so helpful for my team. Not everyone on my team uses it at full capacity, but recently, have been using it more. I am hopeful that as my team fully commits to its use, then my satisfaction with Zendesk will be even higher. I especially like the Zendesk app. It's streamlined and even easier to use than the online version. My suggestion would be to read through all of the start up guides and really familiarize yourself. It takes a while to understand what all of the terminology means and how it applies to your situation. Also, start with just the basics. There is so much that can be utilized with this software, but if you start with all of it, it could be overwhelming. Although, I don't think my team is utilizing all the features that we could!

We have at least two team members who need to be able to view and respond to comments and questions from clients. This is difficult to do in a typical inbox, but with Zendesk, it's not an issue!

Zendesk review by Nicola B.
Nicola B.

"Simple customer service manager"

What do you like best?

Thanks to the Zendesk interface it's easy to organize and manage all the tickets and requests of your customer care. We love the possibility that Zendesk offers to assign specific tickets to specific members of the team in total automation. Also the reporting area is one of the best we ever encountered.

What do you dislike?

For some reasons I think that the pals at Zendesk leave out of the door some basic functionalities that can help your work. For example would be great to have the ability to sign tickets age into reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on your needs, Zendesk Support can be the holy grail of your success or just another platform that consume your budget. I highly reccomend you to try its trial and see if it fits your needs.

Since we begin to deal daily with customer care, Zendesk helps us to organize tickets and be fast in replies. Manage the customer service is easy and time saver.

Zendesk review by Ricardo W.
Ricardo W.

"Zendesk Support, great solution for everyone"

What do you like best?

On my bussines I'm using that software quiet long time. I have nothing but good things to say for this software, its easy to use, constantly updated, large supported and makes it easy and possible to finished a lot of complex of tasks with ease.

What do you dislike?

I will be honest with you. But its not so loud as Dislike. Maybe for some reason its can be price. But we all know as we are pay for what we can get!.I guarantee you won't sorrow about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend, to try this software solution for a great way to monitor clien maintain of your company and review the chatackter of requests your company take. It is easy to use and afford reporting that can be very useful.

It's nice getting all customer requests from one place than of getting numerous client emails. I like that it organizade everything and keep you liable by having appoint ticket numbers that you can track and develop on if requied.

Zendesk review by Julia G.
Julia G.

"the best and most user friendly ticketing system"

What do you like best?

There's a lot of things I like about Zendesk Support ticketing system:

1. It's available in mobile platform. I can track ticket on the go

2. It has chat support features available!

3. It can be intergrated to multiple platforms such as wordpress.

4. Different ticket views are available depending on user preference and these views can be shared with other users

The best that I like is that it can be integrated with social media platforms as well! making us more efficient in tracking customers concerns

What do you dislike?

Price is somehow higher than others, but I can say it's worth it.

Mobile app needs further development as tickets views are so limited there

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk price is worth it for what you will pay for

We've been using Zendesk in tracking customer's concerns via e-mail and social media. Also via chat.

Zendesk review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Great even if you aren't in a customer service role"

What do you like best?

We use Zendesk to manage inbound accounting requests for AP and AR. This has been an extremely effective tool to manage the high volume of emails coming in, specifically for AP. There is a bulk edit function that allows you to assign out multiple tickets to one person, macros that can automate responses for common requests, and custom views if you want to see tickets assigned to your team members. This is my first time using Zendesk in an accounting department and I enjoy it so much I actually am working on moving all of our email requests into the ticketing system.

What do you dislike?

The big downside with our current setup with Zendesk is that we have not been able to merge Zendesks between departments. For example, if customer service receives a ticket, instead of my being able to view it in their Zendesk, they "share" the ticket with my group's Zendesk email address. This means we have two completely unique ticket numbers for the same request. I also think our package level has poor reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product even if you are not in a customer service or support role. I think any department that receives a high volume of requests would see improved workflow with Zendesk.

It has really helped with email management and assigning tasks to employees. We no longer have endless email chains with everyone CCed. People email one email address and we can assign it out to the employee responsible.

Zendesk review by George M.
George M.

"Nothing better"

What do you like best?

Offers anything a Customer Support could need. Status for any tickets, extensive statistics (both in-app and - especially - using the GoodData platform), customer segmentations based on organizations, multiple support teams, etc.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app, while in general is adequate, lacks certain crucial features, such as the ability ti change the ticket's requester.

As a multi tenant system with millions of end users, we find it somewhat difficult and complex to add users belonging to multiple organizations so as to get statistics per organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly, this is a best in class platform. If there is no pricing restrictions, this is the way to go.

Zendesk support has helped us resolve our customer support ticketing needs, as well as allowed us to scale to support a user base of more than half a million end users with a small team of customer support agents. It has also allowed us to reduce our first time response time from several hours to just more than one hour.

Zendesk review by Mike V.
Mike V.

"the best support software"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to to navigate throughout the software.

I love the interface

The user UX is top notch

It has a intuitive User interface

I like how clean the font is on the application

I love how I can just log in and start my work on tickets

Zendesk offers great support on their software

The software is very quick at updating and getting around in the application

The knowledge base is very extensive for a support application

I love how all users can see each other update their tickets

I love how we can use macros on our tickets

Zendesk also offers a huge app directory that will definitely come in handy

I love that the apps are free

What do you dislike?

It 's not easy to implement a HTML signature

Not enough customization in the software provided

It doesn't have the ability to see other users active on a particular ticket

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this to all helpdesk users that want fast and simple interface

Zendesk offers a nice interface to managing tickets.

We solve issues with media across different Vendors.

We use Zendesk to manage all our tickets and correspondents

The biggest benefit of this software is how easy and fast we can solve tickets.

Zendesk review by Christina H.
Christina H.

"An Easy Way to Submit Those Pesky Requests"

What do you like best?

During my time at previous companies that did not use ZenDesk, it would almost seem like a chore to try and put in a ticket for support. ZenDesk keeps it simple and easy to use, which helps when you are already frustrated by something that is, most likely, not working.

What do you dislike?

It might perhaps be too simple. We use it company wide and I know it can become a little difficult to go through for the small team that monitors it.

We use it to submit any support issues with have to our internal IT team, when either needing assistance with our computer or needing help with a facility issue (moving monitors, setting up a desk, etc). We also use it to submit feedback to another team member about a new software we have recently implemented.

Zendesk review by Jack C.
Jack C.

"My all time favourt customer/client support software"

What do you like best?

Where can I begin? It's super easy to set up, to operate, and to monitor. Say goodbye to notepads and notebooks, our team no longer need to write down client's inquires on paper and passed them around. Functions like "Views" and "Reporting" are excellent tools to monitor the current tickets. The build-in spell check is a life saver indeed.

What do you dislike?

No. 1: There are some part of the functions that we currently do not use.

No.2: I was told my some of my coworkers that they find the software can be a little bit too complicated:"I miss those good old days that I can just take notes on a notepad...."

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Zendesk offers all kinds of channels, self service, app, and ticketing. But I do wonder if there will be actually a simple version that only involve ticketing. All we need currently is communicating with our clients/customer so ticketing is all we need. But overall it is a fanscinating software.

When it comes to recruiting we need to keep our clients and customer on track. When things are getting overwhelming, Zendesk Support is the best way we can get back to them as quickly as possible, especially to the clients/customers overseas.

Zendesk review by Justin P.
Justin P.

"Very well rounded support application."

What do you like best?

Zendesk feels like it can just do about anything. Issue tracking is well thought out, and you can handle an issue from creation to resolution entirely from Zendesk.

What do you dislike?

Lack of a desktop application especially in a system where alerts can be mission critical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to have a lot of tools at your fingertips. Setup can be quite hearty so be ready to have the teams that will use Zendesk ready to configure their tools for use. Additionally expect your IT to be involved in the setup for things such as allowing Zendesk to send emails on your behalf.

We use Zendesk for ticketing incoming bug reports, and support emails. It offers an all in one solution for various teams to communicate with our users.

Zendesk review by Jasmine G.
Jasmine G.

"ticketing system that monitor social media platforms too"

What do you like best?

I consider Zendesk as all in one ticketing system. We use it for project tracking, communicate with customers via social media and ticketing system for helpdesk support

What I like Zendesk is it is very easy to install and it is available in mobile platform. I can easily track tickets on the go on my smartphone.

Another thing is that it has chat features as well! Which generates a ticket every incoming chat received.

What do you dislike?

It is kinda pricey! BUt I can say it is worth it. One thing I dislike about it is that there's no way I can allocate ticket to 2 light agents. Only one at a time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk support is good, they are very willing to educate their clients in terms of their product

We are using Zendesk as our ticketing system.

Zendesk review by Forrest S.
Forrest S.

"Great mix of structure and options"

What do you like best?

Zendesk provides a thoughtful and highly useful preset workflow for doing support via email and phone. The system can be learned quickly, is pretty reasonably priced, and is highly extensible without breaking the core paradigm of tickets & statuses.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk has a surprising amount of outages compared to top-tier enterprise services like Salesforce, AWS, or Atlassian. Support can't be something that goes out - we lose all contact with customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't skimp - the Enterprise-level subscription gives you more tools and flexibility. Support could not be more for a consumer or b2b brand, so use the tools Zendesk has built to your advantage.

We are able to handle incoming technical support traffic and, to a smaller extent, inbound sales inquiries, all through one organized interface. The pace of responding and following up is adjustable but structured, so we never lose tickets or leave customers feeling ignored.

Our customer satisfaction has remained high, in part due to our commitment to following along with Zendesk's suggested system.

Zendesk review by Timothy k.
Timothy k.

"Zendesk Review"

What do you like best?

Zendesk offers the best mailing solutions, especially when dealing with a large number of emails.

Different teams are able to use one product and view the same communication seamlessly.

This product offers the ability to switch users without necessarily forwarding emails.

Tracking of email communication is simplified.

Allows users to be added to its knowledge base, enabling easy retrieval of email contacts.

What do you dislike?

-It is not very clear how its response time is calculated, especially when it comes to ticket handling. This ambiguity can be a downside to those that have targets to meet.

-Duplication of tickets is sometimes experienced which can be annoying and can also create confusion while dealing with either tasks or emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

-I do not know if it is possible but if any email inbox can be linked to Zendesk it can be very good. This will allow those users who receive emails or tasks in their mail boxes can directly transfer these in form of tickets to Zendesk.

-Attachments sometimes are a problem to send. The idea of sending attachments embedded in links is not practical sometimes to users who are not used to, and those that are afraid of links. If the mail box model can be adopted, it will solve a lot of communication hurdles.

-Centralization of communications. This has greatly improved the way emails are handled and has also enabled collaboration at a very high level. This, in turn, has improved response time.

-The ability to keep track of numbers ensures that the company does not work blindly, proper planning has been achieved and goal set in an easy manner.

Zendesk review by Administrator

"Poor customer service for a company that promotes customer service"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is fairly easy to use and implement.

What do you dislike?

Very poor customer service after you join. It became clear to us that we were not a large enough company to get support. In less than one year we have had two fairly major issues:

1. We get notifications weekly and sometimes multiple times a day that our POD is down or experiencing service errors. We have tried to get a reply to inquiries about what is happening and still do not even get an acknowledgment that they are aware of the issue. They just ignore our inquiries.

2. In the sign-up process the sales representative gave us inaccurate information. Because we are seasonal we told him we need more agents for several months and then less. He told us we could add and delete agents on a month to month basis. When we did that we found out that each agent will be billed annually instead of monthly. Not a big deal but since we were told something different from the rep we wanted to sort it out. Zendesk support was not interested in even listening to our concerns. Their support motto seems to be "Ignore the issue until the customer wears out and gives up." It worked on us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not sign up if you expect your concerns to be addressed. Constant outages and POD issues that no one will discuss with you.

Answering customer emails.

Zendesk review by Zach S.
Zach S.

"Great Daily Functionality"

What do you like best?

I don't use Zendesk for extensive CRM needs like Salesforce. Because I'm not collecting thousands of data points, the simplicity of ZD helps my daily workflow by focusing on what I need to do immediately, what I need to do by the end of the day, and what I need to do by the end of the week without integrating a calendar.

What do you dislike?

It could be more powerful and the third party integrations could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something simple and easy to use, ZD is perfect. It isn't capable of too many 'power user' features, but it tries to accommodate. You would think that some integration things like displaying a Jira severity level in a view would be possible, but it is not. But as for general every day uses, it is functional and it is reliable.

Daily customer support for a 150+ customer base with each customer having ~10 daily active users submitting tickets per customer.

Zendesk review by Kristine Nicole D.
Kristine Nicole D.

"Simpliest yet best ticketing system for helpdesk and customer service purpose"

What do you like best?

Zendesk is very easy to use, it also has the function for you to create a parent ticket and attach a child ticket to it so that whenever you need to send mass email (example due to outages), you just need to update only 1 single ticket and multiple users will receive the update. Also Zendesk allows me to customize macro which makes my work easier whenever I need to send a custom template/message to a ticket

What do you dislike?

It is only available for browser, mobile app is not that good. Hoping that it would have a desktop app soon as browsers eats so much ram especially when you are viewing multiple tickets

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is the best ticketing system for me although it is somehow pricey but it is worth it!

Helpdesk and internal ticketing

Zendesk review by Danae M.
Danae M.

"Happily used by a small start-up"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to connect my tickets to corresponding JIRA issues via an integration from the app marketplace. Merging tickets is also done very well (compared to competing products) and automation makes our lives a lot easier. We have macros set up to mark tickets as spam, hand them off to another team, etc. I have more time to think about my responses and manage our inbound flow.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk's Help Center product was not an original Zendesk product, but gained in an acquisition. You can easily tell this - it seems like a totally different product, and it can be difficult to jump between your tickets and the Help Center. Customizing your help center and support website requires a front end developer - the base product they give you is very bare bones and not intuitive for a customer to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your primary need is to answer customer support tickets, then Zendesk is a great choice. If you are looking for a robust Help Center, phone bank, or CRM solution for your support team, that's not going to be Zendesk's strength.

We are a small startup that only offers e-mail support. Right now we have four support agents, and over 400 active users (some of those users have 100's of thousands of customers themselves) so we are pretty busy. We needed a support solution that would get out of our own way so that we could focus on tickets and not worry about having e-mails come in incorrectly, get lost, require a lot of manual reporting, etc. Zendesk makes it easy to see how well all of our agents are doing by providing comprehensive reports through their "Insights" tool. We've noticed a large increase in the number of tickets solved and a decrease in response time.

Zendesk review by Administrator

"Zendesk for Workday Clients "

What do you like best?

Zendesk will ensure that you are notified when a customer responds to open tickets. This is great from an organizational standpoint because it allows you to not have to check this on a manual basis all of the time. It also provides viewing of the tickets that you are solely assigned to, which is really nice since you are able to drill down from the total number of open tickets for your organization.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that the good versus bad reviews don't provide a distribution report for you to see how overall you are doing from a customer satisfaction standpoint. I wish there was a better reporting tool for this so you could see your results overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that the product fits the need for your company. In comparison to similar systems, I do feel that Zendesk provides a better UI. Salesforce is fairly similar in some of the products they provide, so truly it comes down to cost and whether or not you are willing to pay for a more friendly system to service your clients or customers.

We are solving customer issues with Workday integrations. It is nice that you are able to track all of your responses, easily follow-up with clients

Zendesk review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"A complete software for customer support and ticket generation"

What do you like best?

Its a very intuitive and useful tool for helpdesk and customer support, specially for the internal users. Every user can work with own credentials and create relationship with each area in the organization trought this software. Its has easy deployment and much easier configuration. Also has a lot of features and analytics for administrators, and you can export the data in a variaty of extensions or formats for QA works.

What do you dislike?

For me is the most complete software so i really don't think in a dislike thing of this. The only thing that i can mentionate is the cost per agent, i recommend that they can offer a discount if you can pay a packet for volume of agents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations is for that users that work in a manual way, with math books softwares or database software. You must change your way and migrate to Zendesk support, worth it. They have a trial version and you can work with all the features in this trial time.

Before Zendesk we management our customer support in a manual way and it was a disaster, we did not have a historic of tickets or statistics for our internal users or for our QA team. Now with this software we have centralized all the information and all the data for our customers, we have tickets for each case and we can work with exactly statistics in the QA area.

Zendesk review by Elisa M.
Elisa M.

"A Great Solution for Helpdesk and Knowledge Base"

What do you like best?

By being able to customize views, ticket fields, tags, macros and more, you can quickly categorize and prioritize all the tickets that come in. And yet the default Zendesk behavior works great just as well, so you can really decide how complex you want your setup to be.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to say. I guess my only tiny complaint would be that there are so many features available, it can be slightly daunting at the beginning. But, as soon as you know what you're dealing with, it's incredibly powerful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk offers a lot of functionality, but it might not always be something that you need. Pay close attention to the features included in each type of license. You might be paying for more than you want.

We needed a helpdesk solution to handle any incoming complaints about our software / hardware in the company. Zendesk offered an easy way for our users to submit requests (by email!) and a powerful interface for agents to use to resolve those issues. It's easy to communicate back and forth, and the status categorization, as well as the customizable views means that my team is always well aware of everything that needs to be done. It has become such a great solution that we actually signed up for a second account to be used as a communication platform for working through a queue of requests with our graphic designers.

Zendesk review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Robust but overwhelming"

What do you like best?

Ticket management is easy and clear. Support is simple and it is easy to track and stay on top of reactive support.

What do you dislike?

No notifications outside of emails. I had to set up Slack to do this. Reporting is very nice for the really high-level info, but deep reporting is a convoluted mess. Very confusing. Chat is bolted on and not very elegantly built in. CRM integration is terrible. Very bad at showing customer info besides simple ticket data. Also, our Pod would go down multiple times per week. TERRIBLE when you can't support your customers because your support tool is down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you only need ticket tracking. If you need a deep integration with a CRM or other ways to keep customer health in sight, choose elsewhere.

Supporting SaaS customers. It is adequate but not user friendly.

Zendesk review by Dakota B.
Dakota B.

"The ease of Zendesk"

What do you like best?

Multitasking, Zendesk makes it super easy to be working on multiple tickets at one time. Everything stays organized and is constantly updating so no information is missed. Also there seems to be more functions I find every time I log in.

What do you dislike?

Since it is good at multitasking, the speed off the program can be altered as well. Keeping it running smoothly requires having maybe two other tabs open. Any more can start slowing it down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend doing the trial to a full length. Zendesk is perfect if it is utilized in the correct ways, it may be good for one company but for another. Be sure to go over all functions so you can use it properly when you launch it. Programs like Zendesk are better when you can fully understand it.

Zendesk keeps us in constant contact with the most valuable part of our company, our customers. Being able to search through the entire program with key terms can help us see how big of an issue is, and then of course mass reply to save time. Efficient!

Zendesk review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Zendesk is great but could use some improvements"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy how user-friendly Zendesk is and the organizational aspects. The formatting options for replies are simple and easy to use. I especially like the option of seeing conversations vs the events of a support ticket.

What do you dislike?

The API for integrating our help center and KCS is quite buggy and does not always work as designed. When pulling data you cannot pull a certain range and choose to eliminate tickets with a particular tag which is difficult for reporting purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to what your business needs are and clearly outline what you would need and schedule a demo with Zendesk so you can get the best idea of how this product will work for you and your team.

Providing efficient and quality support. The ability to assign priorities to tickets is extremely helpful as we have moved to a demand-driven support model for our support partner network.

Zendesk review by Adrian C.
Adrian C.

"Quick Support Solution"

What do you like best?

The ticket management is robust. There is some good reporting tools. I like the fact that there is a phone app and that the notifications go to my smart watch. It really keeps me notified. This product really does its job. My first day at this job, I was introduced to zendesk. Prior to that I had no experience using a managed online console to manage helpdesk tickets. I am glad it was introduced to me. I will definitely recommend this product to other companies looking to change their helpdesk ticketing system.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were some more integrations with systems that we have here.There was a slight learning curve on the management console. I wish there was a way to easily search for older tickets, I was having trouble finding the first ticket that we ever solved. I would search for ticket 1 and the search would include all tickets with the number 1 in it, instead of the ticket that I was actually looking for. If there was a way to improve this search system then it would be almost perfect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You can't get everything from a review, sometimes a trial is all you need to put you in the right direction.

All kinds of support issues, including printer problems, account issues, granting access to projects, etc. We also get tickets just notifying us of potential hacking and spam emails that our end users get.

Zendesk review by Brynn P.
Brynn P.

"Like better than salesforce! "

What do you like best?

Zendesk has a very user friendly platform. There are a lot of different customization options as well making it more desirable than salesforce. The latest ticket features are extremely helpful for our business. Plus they are easy to read and utilize. They have a lot of great apps and they have great team support. The price is also very reasonable for what they offer.

What do you dislike?

Setup was a little on the confusing side. We had a lot of issues upfront although the support we received from customer service was great. They could greatly benefit from added email options and customizations, as well as fixing some "bug" issues as some of the features can be a little glitchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If this is your first time using a service such as this make sure you and staff are fully trained and understand the different ticket types because those can get a little confusing if not. Definitely give it a month or so to get familiar with and get everything set up the way you like.

Zendesk has really helped with "cleaning up" a lot of the emails and ticket requests we had piling up in gmail. Gmail was not nearly as organized and does not have the same type of apps and ticket set ups that zendesk does.

Zendesk review by Jacqueline S.
Jacqueline S.

"Easy to implement Customer Support"

What do you like best?

I like that it is possible to have a knowledge center and a queue for tickets.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the knowledge center is a bit tricky. Also, I wish it was easier to make it look how you want it to look. It is customizable and some companies have done some great stuff. I just don't have the patience to figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to set up and get going quickly. The customization of what the help center looks like is tricky to get it to look how you want. That part will take some monkeying around with.

I have a SAAS product that is a startup. We use ZenDesk for our customer support and Help sections. It does exactly what we need it to. The customer support folks at ZenDesk are always very helpful.

Zendesk review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Using Zendesk to Field IT Requests"

What do you like best?

*Software is easy to use and learn.

*I now have a way to track incoming requests, update my colleagues on progress of the ticket, etc.

*This also encourages colleagues to trouble-shoot their IT issues first before submitting a ticket. Most issues could usually be solved independently

*Since I teach full time, using this program reminds colleagues to respect my time instead of coming to me when class is in session to ask for IT help

What do you dislike?

As with all technology, this took a while for the teachers to adopt. Some were reluctant to submit IT request this way and preferred to come up to me in person instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I did a trial run of this program with select teachers who are more tech savvy and who I know would be more open to use a ticketing system for IT requests. They can then champion for the use of the program on my behalf.

Zendesk review by User in Internet

"Does what you need, but not always intuitive"

What do you like best?

This platform allows me to easily manage communication with clients and sort out tickets between me and my colleagues. I'm able to leave internal notes to ask colleagues for advice before sending the public response, which is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I hate that I cant create a macro-template from an email. Sometimes after writing an email, I think 'I type this out a lot, I should make it a macro.' but then I have to copy all the text, click around about 6 times, paste, and do a few more clicks in order to actually create the macro. Not very user friendly, especially for a product that I imagine macros are so heavily used on.

A combination of client success and customer support. I like that I can manage these out of separate buckets and they don't all get mixed together. I can also step in and help my co-workers with their tickets, without have them be private or scrambled in with my own inbox.

Zendesk review by Administrator

"Good, but need more control over your own data"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple and the integration with GMail make it really easy for colleagues to submit requests for help. Additionally, we've had the highest response on the surveys for a number of years because of how easy the process is, and how simple (thumbs up, thumbs down)

What do you dislike?

There is no way to prevent your tickets from being force-closed, and thus renders a lot of the data inaccurate if, for example, some required fields are not working (Zendesk's bug in their app not enforcing their own conditional fields) and you take more than 28 days in resolved status (Zendesk auto-closes tickets and there's no way to stop this, even if you diactivated the automated workflow that comes OOTB)

To set up SAML in GSuite and Zendesk, you can only do so with a single domain. G+ authentication works fine, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your use case is simple and doesn't rely on frameworks such as ITIL. Zendesk is a semi-informal tool geared more toward customer service than ITSM alignment.

Allows quick and simple interaction between users and service desk personnel, along with integration into the primary communication method (e-mail) and single sign-on

Zendesk review by Administrator

"Quite good, but could be better"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to create views, macros, and triggered events through their settings. As a general rule, everything is where you think it "should be" and you won't often be digging around the settings for hours to find what you're trying to change.

What do you dislike?

Their dev team is really bad/slow about building out new features. It won't take you long to find something you wish they had and, when you look into it, you'll find that other users have been asking for the same features for YEARS. It's frustrating to see such little effort being put into this type of support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't require TOO much customization, zendesk is a very powerful platform that will make your employees faster and smarter about how they handle customer support.

We're looking for an easy, yet robust tool that can scale with our business. As we develop more sophisticated support tools, it's nice to know that Zendesk is ready and able to scale with us.

Zendesk review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Zendesk Support is amazing product and I really love to use it to create Helpdesk tickets"

What do you like best?

The Best thing is that I can just email to an email address and write down my problem and a ticket gets created. I don't have to login into a another system and then again set buttons and create a ticket and fill out additional forms. This saves a lot of time and certainly helps the organization to keep a knowledge base for future employees to understand why certain changes were made.

What do you dislike?

I think Zendesk support lacks social integration and I would love it to be integrated with Slack, Skpe and other communication platform so that I can create tickets and monitor them on the fly. The level of customization available for the organization on the help desk level is also minimum. If there are enhanced level of customization available so that the organization can completely remove white labeling then it would let organization serve end customers

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product as I really like where Zendesk is heading and I feel that Zendesk will become the norm as Google has become for search.

It saves a lot of time to create and maintain the ticket log. The creation of tickets and storing all this information creates a knowledge base so that users can refer back and see how the problems were tackled. I think Zendesk have apporached the problem as a software development problem and creating tickets is similar to JIRA where we write user stories and try to understand the time required and also monitor the sprint.

"Zendesk for eCommerce"

What do you like best?

As a quick moving lean eCommerce startup we needed a solution prior to launch to centralize our customer support. We have systems in place that handle the commerce, marketing and social interactions with our customers, but knew we needed a centralized platform at launch for customer service requests. Launching with forms to emails and manual spreadsheets would not cut it. Zendesk is a solid global company that has a palatable entry cost that allows us to centralize our CS services while starting small yet can grow with us as we add to our agent base and customer facing support services in the future.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have our core team of admins at a higher service level while allowing us to add limited functionality agents at a lower price. As it stands, all users are the same price per service level you subscribe to. They have "lite agents", but these are for internal collaboration only and can not directly service client tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review their price sheet and watch the demo video, but before purchasing talk to their sales department. Explain your business, initial needs and use cases as well as how you think you will need to expand your customer service in the future. With this information they are willing to work with you so that you only pay for what you need now while building out a future growth path for you. No sense in over-paying from the start for features you will not utilize.

We are building out our instance to allow us to outsource our CS, while maintaining direct oversight of interactions with our customers and the business processes that are being used to service their requests.

Zendesk review by Jose M.
Jose M.

"El mejor sistema de tickets para tu negocio"

What do you like best?

Interfaz sencilla ademas de ser muy agradable, es muy fácil de utilizar, muy buena estructuración de menús. En el apartado del operador podrás contestar a tus clientes estés donde estés, la satisfacción del cliente aumentara, ademas que ya todas la grandes compañias como por ejemplo (RiotGames, habbo, Blizzard) utilizan este mismo sistema.

Resumiendo un poco:

Los negocios que utilizan el soporte Zendesk ofrecen un mejor servicio de atención al cliente, y con una estrategia de soporte integrada significa que tus clientes pasarán menos tiempo esperando una respuesta y resolverán sus problemas con más rapidez.

What do you dislike?

De todos los que he probado me quedaría con este sin lugar a duda, por el momento no e encontrado nada malo a este sistema.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si tienes un negocio virtual, te recomiendo sin duda utilizar Zendesk

En el apartado de un comercio electrónico, resuelve muy bien la tarea Postventa, RMA, soporte, etc...

Análisis, Autoservicio para clientes, satisfacción del cliente, chat en vivo y un largo etc...

Zendesk review by Administrator

"Great Customer Support Tool "

What do you like best?

It's super easy to set up and manage. We literally set it up within a week and it's quite intuitive to use and maintain. We also use the Zendesk Guide, which was a great way to provide additional support to customers with materials such as tutorials, FAQs, step by steps with screen shots of the system etc.

What do you dislike?

After the last feature release, Zendesk has changed how new emails appear within the platform. It's very confusing now as they're basically all over the place rather than ordering per unread and we also no longer get notified by email of new enquiries. We've tried changing the settings but nothing works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent choice of support platform. Zendesk is super easy to set up and maintain. The price is fair and there are plenty of features to be able to provide excellent customer support. We have multiple users internally using the platform and it works really well to assign tickets to the correct people, follow up and consult historic information, if required.

We provide customer support of a SaaS platform through Zendesk and it's been incredibly easy to use, track and assign tickets, go through history etc.

"Very practical"

What do you like best?

I can see everything that I need to see at a glance. At our company, we use to views to group tickets into various categories, depending on issue type, game etc. This is incredibly useful to my day-to-day work as it allows me to prioritise and and manage my workload accordingly.

Macros and dynamic content is also very easy to create, update and manage, ultimately making our jobs easier and faster.

What do you dislike?

While views are very useful, it is only possibly to display a certain amount of views in the sidebar. We have solved this problem by using a plug-in for Zendesk in the marketplace.

Zendesk is a great support platform. When customers submit a ticket, they first see an FAQ/Knowledge Base which may answer any simple questions they may have. However, if they still have questions or require assistance, the next steps to contact us are very easy, as they can submit a ticket at the touch of a button. This user experience is great for the customer and means they are more likely to get in touch if they have an issue or question.

On our end, we see all relevant information that might help with a customer's problem, such as platform, issue category, etc. in an organised and easy to see way. This means we need fewer touches to get the info we need, speeding up the whole support process.

Zendesk review by David S.
David S.

"Solid Support portal"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for average user with depth of features for when you need them. The reporting metrics are also very good and let you know how you are doing compared to the industry standards.

What do you dislike?

Since we supported enterprises, we kept our tickets open until resolved. Since many tickets ended up being feature improvements or new feature requests the tickets could stay open for long periods of time. This often made some of the reports look really off. Zendesk had some features to support us, but ultimately none of them fully solved the problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk is simple to get started with, but with some customization it can be even more powerful. Take advantage of their user groups if they are available in your area. I went to a couple and it really helped me understand how to customize zendesk for my company's need.

We used zendesk as our customer support portal. All customers were brought to zendesk, or a zendesk ticket was created directly from our app through the zendesk API (e.g. no email support),

We also used zendesk for the Knowledge Base; however, there were multiple limitations to the flexibility of the wiki that prevented us from using it for all our support documentation needs (we ended up using a customized wordpress site for the user manuals, release notes, and in depth KB articles.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Zendesk Saves time"

What do you like best?

Super easy training for CSRs and a great communication tool for our customers. Easy to set up marcros, easy to review photos sent in by customers, and easy to set up agents and groups. Automation of replies makes it simple to use, and effective for customers. Triggering integrations with our instant messaging software gives us notificaiotns within groups for a quick response time.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike,, some of the automatically turned on features out of the box are hard to get shut off, if you aren't using the whole package, as we are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, the free trial time will give you enough confidence to go live with it. Make sure you read up on using macros, and the automaiton that's built in, they will both save you time and get you up and running and helping your customers faster.

Primarily customer communication, but we use Zendesk to keep track of how our CSRs are handing issues that may come up and we use it to help rate the CSRs based on customer satisfaciton ratings gathered through Zendesk.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great Help Desk and KnowledgeBase System "

What do you like best?

Zendesk is a great product for small, medium and mid-sized companies that are just establishing processes, or are looking to simply the help desk ticketing process. The features I really like about the product are more customer focused than what our organization can do technically. For example, the interface is VERY user friendly, and requires little to no training. Zendesk has a well developed ticketing system that can transform emails based on keywords and tags into tickets, and queue tickets to the appropriate department as well. When a technician is working a ticket, and they feel the steps of resolution warrant a KB article, they can one-click an option to transpose the resolution into a seperate article. The interface is also very intuitive for junior help desk staff.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple things I wish Zendesk would provide. For starters, as small as it may seem, it would be a great help to change the text color, and to add code blocks within the KB articles and tickets. My second complaint is that there is no way to setup a ticket in which an approver can sign off on the form before it becomes approved to enter a queue. Right now, we copy an approver, who has to reply with an acknowledgement and one of our help desk staff will then move the ticket accordingly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are probably the best out-of-box solution you can get at this time.

Ticketing and Knowledge-base support and organization.

Zendesk review by Administrator

"Zendesk - Beginner User"

What do you like best?

The initial set-up is very quick and easy. You can go "live" in a matter of minutes.

What do you dislike?

At the moment, we do not have the people support to fully engage in Zendesk Support. It will be a transition period that leads little value ad in the meantime. Also, considering the function of Zendesk Support, I have found that self-help through their own site is not as easy as it probably should be. I've had to search longer than expected to find answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zendesk Support is perfect for an e-commerce business. In the manufacturing world, we have found some of Zendesk's other services to be more beneficial Still being in the implementation phase, we hope this will be a value-add to the business.

Using Support alongside Zendesk guide we have been able to track our users, and have our clients help themselves work through common issues.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Easy to use for non-technical ticketing systems too!"

What do you like best?

I adopted Zendesk for my non-tech team in order to support internal employees. I was nervous about adoption, unsure that my team would be able to adapt to Zendesk when a lot of our work is not necessarily technology related. However, I've been using Zendesk for almost a year with my team (though my organization has been using it longer) and I couldn't imagine life without it! From "canned responses" to easy escalation, Zendesk has made my daily workload so much more manageable.

What do you dislike?

I think there is some confusion about how and when to utilize Zendesk Support on the user-end of things (instead of sending an email or calling), but I think this is more so a shortcoming in implementation and not the fault of Zendesk's.

I am able to tackle issues that arise much more quickly. I work in a non-technical support role and, compared to email, Zendesk ticketing is much faster––I can speed through ticket requests by re-assigning tickets as necessary (instead of "looping in" another employee/team), I can use canned responses that are tailored to the specific message (instead of having to type "Hi [name], Thank you for reaching out." in every email), and answer tickets in batches (instead of having to reply to each email individually).

Additionally, the Zendesk Self-Service option is really great in letting me create comprehensive support documentation.

Zendesk review by Jordan B.
Jordan B.

"Zendesk is the best!"

What do you like best?

Zendesk allows our teams to work in an organized manner and be cross-functional with one another. It's very important that we can log problems in our software platform and triage appropriately.

What do you dislike?

I'm not that big of a fan on the navigation. I often find it confusing to navigate and it can be difficult to find tickets that pertain to given are of concern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend zendesk to any company that needs to set a priority. In supporting software we have alot of issues that require our prioritization. Being able to set a task list has been imperative to our success.

Our biggest issue is tracking and being accurate with what is in our pipeline. Zendesk helps us remain on task and set our priorities so that we can focus on what is most pressing first and create a backlog for the things that can wait. Zendesk is great at helping us set our priorities.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great way to organize requests"

What do you like best?

The user interface allows you to organize tickets so that you can see which ones are assigned to you, unsolved, and recently updated. There is a magnifying glass in the upper right corner to search tickets. I also like being able to send an internal message to others without the customer seeing that conversation. It is also easy to see the whole ticket in email and pull up the ticket from email, as there is always a link to the ticket.

What do you dislike?

I'm not familiar enough yet with how to use ZenDesk via email, and the user interface could provide better guidance for managing tickets on email. I also find it difficult to track which file attachments go with which messages (for example, if a customer sends files in subsequent requests). I also wish that an internal communications could be targeted to specific people, versus just one person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use email filters so that your main inbox isn't flooded with Zendesk tickets. I made an Outlook rule so that everything from Zendesk goes to another folder to stay organized.

Handling multiple change requests and routing tickets back to my supervisors if I have questions using internal communications.

Zendesk review by Kenny Alexander B.
Kenny Alexander B.

"My experience with Zedesk "

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I heard that Zendesk is easy to implement. The value of using Zendesk is great.

Zendesk review by Asa B.
Asa B.

"Mis-sold and customer services refuse to provide the complaints procedure"

What do you like best?

The software itself is very good the service desk, however, less so.

What do you dislike?

When you take a trial you choose which trial of which plan. What actually happens is you are shown the features of professional and the only way you would know is if you looked at the asterisk on professional. Why would you do this if you are trialling Team!?

When this was required it was agreed it was a mistake. As we have been mis-sold we asked for the extra feature included in our demo of team to be provided as a gesture of goodwill. No extra cost to Zendesk as they are a software company and this extra little feature as no extra overhead. We were told this was not possible and when asked to raise a complaint we were refused. When asked about the complaints policy, we were refused. Twice promised a call back from a manager, no contact. Contacted a staff on Linkedin who referred me back to the ticket owner and we're back into a loop.

We have seen that we are efficient with a team working on Zendesk. The categorisation is useful also.

However, please be careful. C/S survey results are only available on professional (not team).

Zendesk review by alex h.
alex h.

"Simple and straight forward"

What do you like best?

Everything is layed out perfectly in the dashboard. The tickets can be seen clearly and there is room to view each ticket in full which is really nice.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes if you have a tab open for too long, the ticket is showed that it is still being actively viewed when in reality its "idle". I wish there was an icon to indicate an idle ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! I dont know of another platform that does the same job zendesk does. Everyone in my company loves it.

Customer support tickets are being solved quicker and more seamless. The templetes that you create are a great way to send off generic emails from frequently asked questions

Zendesk review by Administrator

"Zendesk - Tremendous Tool for Great Support Teams"

What do you like best?

With Zendesk, you can set up business rules and triggers to automate most painful parts of support management. You have great visibility and reliability in Zendesk. Tagging is also an incredible way for us to monitor and report on salient customer issues.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk's interface can be a bit wonky at times, and the metric creation process is a bit of a headache.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a smart move, if you have the volume to merit it. Zendesk is best when you have enough tickets to go around, and more than 2 agents. You can use the tool to automate ticket assignment and create groups, so it definitely helps you to scale and keep track of issues to pass onto your developers.

Our support team couldn't function without Zendesk. We use Zendesk currently for email channels and our Knowledgebase. Our billing, HR, Office Management, and support teams all use the tools to streamline their day to day and keep track of requests.

Zendesk review by Emily H.
Emily H.

"Our Favorite Software"

What do you like best?

Everyone on our support team, myself included, finds Zendesk to be our most powerful tool. Nothing slips through the cracks with this system. I've heard of other products being intuitive, but they don't live up to the nature of Zendesk.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure if this is really a downside, but there is a large customization component in the beginning. Since our team started out pretty small, this was a learning process from multiple aspects. We grew at the same rate as our options in Zendesk did and now it is the key to our efficiency.

A key selling point to our product is our customer support. Our customers rely upon quick responses to solve problems in their day-to-day usage of our product. Zendesk allows them to get in touch quickly and we've realized the added benefit of measure our own stats to track performance.

Zendesk review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Got everything you need, but harder learning curve."

What do you like best?

I love all the integrations. They've been around for the longest and all the big dawgs have integrations with them (and frequently vice versa).

What do you dislike?

From the very start you don't know what you're doing. They have some helps and you can get there, but things are not in intuitive places and I doubt they're going to change. When you have a massive amount of users you can't change the UI that much no matter how it affects the UX without losing some out of frustration of having to relearn how to do things. Also it's a pain that you have to login to use the wiki

Recommendations to others considering the product

Id see if others like groovehq or others would be enough. Zendesk is really for big corps that need all the bells and whistles and are willing to put a man on it to learn them all. If you represent the big company, you'll feel at home here.

We use the support email service and the wiki a little. Mostly we use the slack integration and mobile app too...

Zendesk review by Administrator

"Functional Platform with Useful Add-Ons - I Dislike Multiple Screens/Tabs for Apps"

What do you like best?

Quick to setup an start supporting customers - email integration was simple, admin wasn't overwhelming, and training new agents is fairly straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I highly dislike logging into separate applications via multiple screens or tabs! I understand Zendesk designed their system as individual apps, but it's incredibly inefficient to have to login to Chat in one tab and Support in another - I should be able to chat with customers right in my Support interface. On the same note, Guide (knowledge base) isn't easily accessible/searchable to agents by default - we have to install apps to search our own internal KB while working on tickets?!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide immediately if you want a single application to do everything, or if you want users logging into multiple browser tabs.

Unable to manage all aspects of service within Support application. I basically need one agent in Chat, all in Guide (searching for answers), and all in Support. For comparison, I previously used Salesforce, and I could do just about everything on one screen. At least I could build workflows to drive agents through a sensible process, such as submitting a ticket when a call comes in, then push a search of the KB before taking further action - that was great for training and reinforcing usage of our knowledge.

Zendesk review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"An Efficient Way to Streamline Communication"

What do you like best?

If there are multiple support representatives at your company, Zendesk is a great way to get everything running smoothly under one roof. No more emails sent to individual inboxes - all support tickets in one place that can be viewed by a colleague in a pinch, and distributed amongst the team.

What do you dislike?

Setting up filters/rules for how you'd like tickets categorized can be a little tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is definitely worth the extra time it may take to set up. You can use it at a high level for easy support management, or get super granular by adding filters, labels, categories - you name it. It also can be integrated with the Slack chat program, which has been helpful for our team as it provides an additional way to see tickets being submitted to Zendesk.

Our goal was to steer away from support tickets going to individual mailboxes, and to keep everything in one place so it could be assigned to the appropriate representative.

Zendesk review by Andrew Y.
Andrew Y.

"Incredibly Useful HelpDesk Support Platform"

What do you like best?

The things I like best about Zendesk Support are the solid ticket management options, including social media, support for ITIL and automatic workflows, and the great integration options. This expedites the process of customer issue resolutions and allows our customers to feel more comfortable when they make claims or dispute an inaccuracy. The interface is easy to use and quite user friendly. I am a big fan of this support tool, and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to manage their support process and tools more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

Everything works really well from a functional and support perspective. The only downfall of Zendesk Support is the high price tag. The best features are only available at higher pricing tiers. It lacks enterprise features such as change and asset management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Zendesk Support for those looking to make a change in their customer support tools. It's a fantastically intuitive and easy to use tool. It helps expedite the resolution process and helps employees work smarter and more efficiently.

The business problems that Zendesk Support solves are managing customer help tickets, expediting the response process, reducing duplicative efforts, and creating a more efficient customer support process. The main benefits are the speed in responding to customer complaints and emails, ease of resolution process, and simplicity of the interface.

Zendesk review by Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.

"Nice but expensive "

What do you like best?

A lot of features and functions. Really great options to use and an all-in-one support suite, that is very complete. The learning curve is steep but its worth the hassle to get used to it. If you are looking for a good helpdesk and if you can afford the fees, than Zendesk is great – better than Kayako for that matter.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately there is only a cloud option. Prices are very expensive if you are in a less advanced country or in a country, with a weak currency. I am in Venezuela and for us it is very difficult to pay the fees. There are other options such as freshdesk, which are also very good and free or less expensive. Unfortunatly no self-hosted-version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software, given you can pay the costs for it. Unfortunately there is no self-hosted version available - or rather there was not when we tested the product - this means, that you must be willing to use your software in the cloud, if you wish to work with Zendesk. Other than that, there is really not much more about the software to tell.

Customer Support and Service, Knowledgebase, Social Support, etc. Everything related to customer support and service. Also we use it for general communications, as all emails used to go into the helpdesk for further processing and work.

Zendesk review by User in Computer Software

"Just what we need!"

What do you like best?

I love seamless functionality of the phone apps and the browser login - the interfaces are intuitive and easy to use on the go! The graphs and analytics are also great - helps us keep a pulse on how we're doing as a team. The pricing is very reasonable and can grow with the company.

What do you dislike?

The tickets allow for adding internal notes--which is great--but it is a really bad day (yeah, it has happened) when you mean to mark the note as internal but forget and send the information meant for a co-worker to the customer. I don't like how easy it is to make this mistake, especially when juggling multiple tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great suite of features at a great price!

We help customer with all general questions and emergency requests. It is greatly helpful that Zendesk Support integrates with the CRM we use, as well as the Jira integration, so our support team can see customer and development ticket information along side the request.

Zendesk review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Zendesk Ticket Management"

What do you like best?

Zendesk makes it really easy to keep track of tickets across teams at our organization. It's very customizable as well, so that end-users don't feel like they are behind a ticket system, but instead just e-mailing back and forth with IT support

What do you dislike?

it is VERY frustrating that you cannot easily share tickets across teams on one instance without thinking about it and setting up guidelines. there are some plugins that make it easier, but that shouldn't be required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth it for organizations with a lot of small teams that work independently!

We were looking to replace our previous ticketing system and Zendesk has done a great job. Less tickets are falling through the cracks and it's very easy to coordinate tickets when people are out of the office.

Zendesk review by User

"Helpful tool for tracking support requests"

What do you like best?

I like the customization of fields of available for tagging, that it can connect to SalesForce and Jira, and that you can add branding options if you have the same team supporting different products. I also like the different notification rules, and how it recognizes when someone responds to a specific ticket, even if you have closed that ticket already. You can also merge tickets as well and the product maintains that history.

What do you dislike?

The reports don't offer a ton of customization- Also, they do not take into account your business hours so resolution times can be off which can make it difficult if that is one of your key . metrics.

Giving clients good support to ensure that they have answers to questions, and making sure we know which client they are, what package type they have, and SLA metrics and reminders so we are meeting our end of the contract.

Zendesk review by Julie O.
Julie O.

"Zendesk - solid client services platform"

What do you like best?

We were on Zendesk for several years. Its very easy to use and administer and has a lot of great features.

What do you dislike?

The only real problem we had with Zendesk was that it was difficult to keep our Account and contact information from Salesforce synced easily. There is an integration but its poor. Also we found customer portal wasn't very dynamic or easy to customize.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide how much you care about an integration with Salesforce or any other CRM you are using.

We needed a way to track support tickets, share information with clients and report on ticket trends. It served those purposes but was limited in its integration with Salesforce which finally killed it for us.

Zendesk review by Stephen L.
Stephen L.

"Great for Small internal IT team"

What do you like best?

Quick, easy and Intuitive user interface, Provides a great customer experience out of the box with minimal setup and the low end user count is really cheap.

What do you dislike?

Not very customisable, although with a bit of effort and reading the Support documentation there are some limited customisations you can make

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a Small Internal IT Team that uses email - this is an ideal solution. It also has some Good Integrations with the likes of Zapier which can come in very handy

Internal IT Service Desk moved to this tool. It provides a better end user and customer experience with minimal setup. It allows quick, clean interaction between our small support team and our internal Customers. Also it is really cheap for the low user base option.

I have also integrated an external Customer Zendesk system with Salesforce Service Cloud via Zapier - it took just a days work to complete and test the Integration with the 2 systems communicating information back and forth opening Cases in Salesforce from Zendesk Tickets, providing 2-way updates and Closing the Tickets in Zendesk from Salesforce Cases.

Using Zendesk internally has helped in our IT Service Desk culture change, helping provide a modern and positive outlook when communicating with IT throughout the business simply by providing an easy to use email ticketing system that provides auto replies, closure emails and easy reporting.

Zendesk review by Doug L.
Doug L.

"Zendesk makes customer support easy and excellent!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, cost effective, in-depth reporting and analysis of data. Everything is easily accessed via the dashboard. Allows for full accountability of support staff. Feedback features are great and allows the customer to rate their experience and provide detailed information regarding their call or email.

What do you dislike?

Some features are clunky. Tags can sometimes be difficult to work with. VOIP is sometimes poor quality and makes it difficult to communicate, which requires the support agent to disconnect the call and call back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are a small company. I don't know how well Zendesk scales, but our experience using the software has been excellent overall. I highly recommend Zendesk as a support solution.

We needed a way to easily take support calls and emails, answer and follow up with customer inquiries, and maintain reports on those interactions. Zendesk keeps our customer support organized, helps our support staff stay on top of requests and issues, and provides feedback via in-depth reporting to help us improve our support service.

Zendesk review by User

"Quick notifications and easy tracking"

What do you like best?

We can easily filter using the keywords and tag other colleagues in specific chain conversations without alerting our clients that we're discussing internally about their queries. The tags are also great because we can easily create new subjects when something comes up. We can also use as many tags as necessary depending on the subject matter of the conversation. The follow-up we do using the tags makes it easier to do just that.

What do you dislike?

When you're tagged in a conversation, there's no standalone alert that notifies me about being tagged in something. Additionally, once I find the tag I have to look in the conversation about where the specific tag is instead of being taken directly to the specific tag. Lastly, this may be on our end, but I dislike the format of how ticket responses come in to my company inbox. The design is not attractive and looks like a machine answering. Again, this could be how we've configured our settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Agree within your company about the tags you wish to use -- make sure it's unanimous!

We are able to listen to our customer and track in a consistent manner what issues are the most prevalent and what were the steps taken to solve each issue. As we grow our business and try different strategies, we can revert back to what measures or steps were taken in certain situations to be able to implement them as company standards. Also, we are able to follow-up in a timely and organized manner.

Zendesk review by User in Internet

"Great platform to track tickets and stay organized "

What do you like best?

- Easy to understand interface

- Tons of custom fields that can be changed to suit the team or business

- Easily integrated into our internal CRM. At any moment, I can click into an account and "View Calls" and see every internal and external ticket/e-mail with a customer. Makes it easy as a trainer to interact with our company's support team

- I've also been working on a help center which will be run through Zen Desk.

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes we receive spam tickets which are not associated with an account but Zen Desk requires an account ID. I wish when inserting a particular Macro, it would allow the ticket to go through without a business ID. To be honest, there aren't many things I can complain about with the platform.

Zendesk allows us to keep track of all customer interactions within the various departments within our company. I'm not even sure of any other softwares or programs that could take Zendek's place.

Zendesk review by Sabreena N.
Sabreena N.

"Easy to navigate once you know how to work it. "

What do you like best?

Easy navigation throughout the site. Users can also modify what they see by changing their views and add groups. The views help differentiate the problems as well as the agents working on the issue. Internal notes help with adding messages to only internal users. We work as the middleman to help resolve the problems rather than emailing the user back and forth. It becomes easier with time to understand.

What do you dislike?

The site usually has issues when it comes to loading and it can also be bit slow at times depending on the server connection. Besides the connection, the app is user friendly but you would need to play around with it to understand the different aspects which becomes time consuming. This can get confusing at first but you will get the hand of it. One difficulty would be when using the phone app to make calls, it would automatically get inputted into the wrong ticket which makes it harder for the agents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to play around with it a bit to get the idea of it.

We solve user issues over zendesk to both students and faculty. We find it easier to communicate through this though recent changes has been confusing. Most of the times it will come to a freeze and the site will not connect. Other than that, the separate views helped agents handle each problem accordingly to meet the customers satisfaction requirements.