Zendesk
Badge 1417703253

Zendesk

106 8.5 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Give customer support by email, social media, voice, and mobile phone with complete data reporting, TRUSTe certification, and 90+ integrations.

Zendesk Reviews (106)

• The product evaluation, decision making and implementing process with Zendesk was true to the company's brand: Zen. I evaluated 5 other competing products and chose... Read More
    Abbey S.
  • We signed up for a trial and were allowed to extend this several times. Decision making was slow in-house and also came in the middle of summer holidays so the... Read More
    0 uqf0zczgo stmk43jhbuz3ehoiugrn43mg18zhsj357 x ftc8c198a1rarjzljds5l3bbkibz6r
    Louise Fife A.
    Administrator in Consumer Services
Updated On

Mixed feelings but I mostly love it

What do you like best?

The switch from email distribution groups was easy. We added zendesk as a group and also a contact card in active directory and we forwarded all of our support/sales/info inquiries to zendesk. We even added an SPF record for Zendesk so it wouldn't show tickets being replied to with "on behalf of". Not sure why Zendesk notes that most people don't need that as I believe it is a key feature. Their support during the setup process was quick and helpful. While we only have 3 users now (the $2 plan) we of course will be upgrading but we want a good few months here on the cheap plan while we wait for any potential kinks to present themselves (none yet!).

They suspend spam tickets with almost perfect accuracy for us which is miles ahead of our outdated exchange server. It's rare I find a legitimate email there.

A few of our support requests always CC a third party and when they reply it is automatically logged as part of the conversation which is fantastic.

I like how the emails...

What do you dislike?

I've found quite a few annoyances:

When we first set things up, there is a customer setting that says "Also send a welcome email when a new user is created by an agent or administrator". It was checked by default! This lead to all the initial support requests we replied to also getting another email asking them to sign up for Zendesk. It made us look really bad, luckily users alerted us pretty quick as they thought it was a spam attack. It took quite awhile to figure out why it was being sent out in the options. This should without a doubt be unchecked by default.

I like the average First Reply Time chart, but I don't know why you can't compare that against your industry. It would be useful to see what % of companies in your industry reply with 0-1 hours.

I'm really not a fan of the web interface unfortunately. Too many icons and not enough labels.

There are no desktop notifications in the client! So bizarre, for something as important as time sensitive support requests...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch a webinar probably. I still think Zendesk is the best choice out there but there is room for a lot of improvements for sure. Good thing is that they seem to be aware of this and are working to improve Zendesk all the time.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We solved the classic dilemma of a growing company that had support requests going to multiple people and they would have to coordinate via chat or email who would respond to what. Looking at our first months average tickets and we are almost at 1000 split between 2 people. Now with the little eye icon we can see when someone is working on a ticket and leaving notes is nice too as it stays with the support request and not in an email somewhere.

Before it took quite a bit of communication to what was done and what wasn't done so it made it harder for 2 people to handle support. It was almost more efficient for one person to do it. Now the two of us can go hard on support and I believe our time to finish support requests has dramatically decreased.

Validated Review

Very flexible and makes managing a lot of support data easy

What do you like best?

Zendesk allows us to manage a ton of support, developer and product backlog data in one place and is very open ended so that we can add whatever data we see fit. It has made it possible to run a lean support team while experiencing large company growth and not let anything go overlooked. We also use it for our product backlog and capturing other critical client data as well as the NPS functionality. We switched to their help center for all product documentation, which was much easier than building out our own site, and it allows for quick addition of new content. Also, Zendesk as an organization is very receptive of feedback and will turn around and build what people ask for. They truly listen to customers.

What do you dislike?

I wish their in application reports were better (GoodData is ok but a little tedious when you know exactly what you want and it takes a while to build a simple report) and I wish the help center allowed for better SEO on the back end. They are addressing this, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know their team. They are good people who are receptive to user ideas and feedback.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Managing a lot of support, application backlog, third party support vendors, account management + new client setup workflow, product feedback. It allows us to do all of this in one place in an orderly manner.

Updated On

Premium Price for Rock Solid Option

What do you like best?

Reliability. I've been a Zendesk agent our helpdesk since 2010 and I was the head administrator of our instance from 2012 until 2014. The system has worked without failure or significant downtime. I'm a huge fan of the multiple channels available and the sidebar widget we added to our marketing sites. Triggers and Automation have taken our support team to new levels of responsiveness and accountability.

What do you dislike?

Spam control for the internal filters has been lackluster. The Salesforce integration for SFDC Professional edition was hacky and ultimately unsatisfying. The ability to do markdown in agent replies is nice but I'm not sure why a wysiwyg editor isn't available. Basic reports could use some improvement. I know there is gooddata reporting available in premium, but we have 15 agents paying thousands of dollars per year, you think we could do better than a csv export.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a full cost analysis. Considering the Zendesk may replace some social listening tools, support agent telephone and live chat support, it may not be as expensive it seems.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Before Zendesk, we used homegrown systems and CMS extensions/plugins that left all support agents to receive notifications on every request. Now, we segment incoming support request traffic by product and service, thereby gaining efficiency by sparing the attention of unrelated agents.

Zendesk Ticket Management makes Support Administration a breeze

What do you like best?

Zendesk ticket management and routing allows for Support organizations to quickly scale and handle volume well. Our organization went from less than 10 agents to well over 50 while using Zendesk for ticket routing, rules, automations and reporting on all facets of the business. Breaking our ticket flows into groups and sub-groups was a breeze, with minimal custom work required. For those who want more granular control, there are options to do custom JS, CSS, 3rd party integrations, and a very rich API for building your own calls and apps.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk has a very solid core product, but some of the offered features need greater attention. Help Center is a good first step towards a community platform, but while they advertise content management, it leaves much to be desired. Article versioning, a better WYSIWYG editor and better site map controls are needed for them to truly compete with platforms that focus on delivering CMS. Additionally, their chat and phone offerings are nice, but lack stability and features that a secondary system would provide. They seem to work for smaller deployments, but larger, Enterprise customers will find these tools lacking.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Using Zendesk, we have been able to integrate with our CMS, track all ticket interactions and historical data, report and track KPIs for our department, integrate 3rd party chat and other systems to work well with the Zendesk ticketing mechanics, and handle over 10k tickets each month within our team. The GoodData integration is terrific, and provides us granular control over reporting metrics and information insights. Zendesk custom ticket fields allow us to categorize and track issues well, and there are numerous other integrations and implementations we have considered that have yet to be integrated for greater improvement. The Zendesk system is a true force multiplier.

Validated Review

Easy to use online ticketing system

What do you like best?

I like how the system updates tickets on the Zendesk site just from emailing back and forth on the ticket's email chain. It's a whole lot easier than remembering to go into the Zendesk website and do it through there. Also, when you do log into the site, I like how I can see not only tickets that I've submitted, but I have the ability to look at all of the ones that my organization has generated. Just clicking into a ticket shows you the entire back-and-forth on that topic at a glance.

What do you dislike?

This might be more a criticism of the company that provides the service (we're a client of the company that uses Zendesk so I submit tickets through the system and they handle them in it) but there's not a lot of additional content. There's a Forums option but very little content is visible to me. That said, I like that there's the option at least.

Also, I've heard that if no notes have been added to a ticket for a while and a user replies to an email on the ticket thread, the person/people on the other side aren't notified because the ticket has closed itself because of inactivity. Again to be fair, this might be something configured by the company we work with and not hard-wired into Zendesk itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an online ticket tracking system, I'd highly encourage you to consider Zendesk.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We have a fairly high number of tickets per user that we use Zendesk to track. Without this tool we'd absolutely have important issues falling through the cracks. Because these issues can have a direct negative impact on our company's bottom-line, Zendesk is a critical part of what we do.

Tags

* We monitor all Zendesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Zendesk?