Zendesk
Badge 1417703253

Zendesk

109 8.5 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Give customer support by email, social media, voice, and mobile phone with complete data reporting, TRUSTe certification, and 90+ integrations.

Zendesk Reviews (109)

• The product evaluation, decision making and implementing process with Zendesk was true to the company's brand: Zen. I evaluated 5 other competing products and chose... Read More
    Abbey S.
  • We signed up for a trial and were allowed to extend this several times. Decision making was slow in-house and also came in the middle of summer holidays so the... Read More
    0 uqf0zczgo stmk43jhbuz3ehoiugrn43mg18zhsj357 x ftc8c198a1rarjzljds5l3bbkibz6r
    Louise Fife A.
    Administrator in Consumer Services

Premium Price for Rock Solid Option

What do you like best?

Reliability. I've been a Zendesk agent our helpdesk since 2010 and I was the head administrator of our instance from 2012 until 2014. The system has worked without failure or significant downtime. I'm a huge fan of the multiple channels available and the sidebar widget we added to our marketing sites. Triggers and Automation have taken our support team to new levels of responsiveness and accountability.

What do you dislike?

Spam control for the internal filters has been lackluster. The Salesforce integration for SFDC Professional edition was hacky and ultimately unsatisfying. The ability to do markdown in agent replies is nice but I'm not sure why a wysiwyg editor isn't available. Basic reports could use some improvement. I know there is gooddata reporting available in premium, but we have 15 agents paying thousands of dollars per year, you think we could do better than a csv export.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a full cost analysis. Considering the Zendesk may replace some social listening tools, support agent telephone and live chat support, it may not be as expensive it seems.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Before Zendesk, we used homegrown systems and CMS extensions/plugins that left all support agents to receive notifications on every request. Now, we segment incoming support request traffic by product and service, thereby gaining efficiency by sparing the attention of unrelated agents.

Validated Review

Great tool for customer support transparency

What do you like best?

The many automations, the customization in the emails, the multiple triggers and macros... it makes our support work very efficient and responsive to our clients

What do you dislike?

Within a small, private non-profit University setting, we utilize a fair amount of student workers to do our website support work, and unfortunately we don't have the funds to go above three ZenDesk clients. So we end up having to re-assign a specific support task to a student worker via LiquidPlanner (another project management package we use in-house for free) after copy/pasting all the details over, then wait for the task to be complete, and then get back to client on ZenDesk and close out the ticket. A bit of a cumbersome experience - it would be great if it was easy or possible for smaller non-profit agencies to add clients at a lesser cost, or as sub-clients when in the case of a student worker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great tool, and worth the investment when compared to other support ticket systems out there.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Before ZenDesk, we had three people sharing the load of maintaining the University website and different people would email us separately, at different times, and sometimes write to all of us in different emails altogether. Between the confusion that caused, and our propensity to allow emails to pile up in our inbox and have it become a black-hole, our unit had a reputation of never getting back to people.

Once we put in ZenDesk, the auto-replies helped ensure people that we had received their requests, it allowed us to track if any of us three had already replied to a client because we were all looking at the same support ticket (central source of communication), and it was much easier for me as unit manager to keep track of which tickets were being neglected, and if some agents needed to improve their turn-around time.

Validated Review

Mixed feelings but I mostly love it

What do you like best?

The switch from email distribution groups was easy. We added zendesk as a group and also a contact card in active directory and we forwarded all of our support/sales/info inquiries to zendesk. We even added an SPF record for Zendesk so it wouldn't show tickets being replied to with "on behalf of". Not sure why Zendesk notes that most people don't need that as I believe it is a key feature. Their support during the setup process was quick and helpful. While we only have 3 users now (the $2 plan) we of course will be upgrading but we want a good few months here on the cheap plan while we wait for any potential kinks to present themselves (none yet!).

They suspend spam tickets with almost perfect accuracy for us which is miles ahead of our outdated exchange server. It's rare I find a legitimate email there.

A few of our support requests always CC a third party and when they reply it is automatically logged as part of the conversation which is fantastic.

I like how the emails...

What do you dislike?

I've found quite a few annoyances:

When we first set things up, there is a customer setting that says "Also send a welcome email when a new user is created by an agent or administrator". It was checked by default! This lead to all the initial support requests we replied to also getting another email asking them to sign up for Zendesk. It made us look really bad, luckily users alerted us pretty quick as they thought it was a spam attack. It took quite awhile to figure out why it was being sent out in the options. This should without a doubt be unchecked by default.

I like the average First Reply Time chart, but I don't know why you can't compare that against your industry. It would be useful to see what % of companies in your industry reply with 0-1 hours.

I'm really not a fan of the web interface unfortunately. Too many icons and not enough labels.

There are no desktop notifications in the client! So bizarre, for something as important as time sensitive support requests...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch a webinar probably. I still think Zendesk is the best choice out there but there is room for a lot of improvements for sure. Good thing is that they seem to be aware of this and are working to improve Zendesk all the time.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We solved the classic dilemma of a growing company that had support requests going to multiple people and they would have to coordinate via chat or email who would respond to what. Looking at our first months average tickets and we are almost at 1000 split between 2 people. Now with the little eye icon we can see when someone is working on a ticket and leaving notes is nice too as it stays with the support request and not in an email somewhere.

Before it took quite a bit of communication to what was done and what wasn't done so it made it harder for 2 people to handle support. It was almost more efficient for one person to do it. Now the two of us can go hard on support and I believe our time to finish support requests has dramatically decreased.

Validated Review

Very flexible and makes managing a lot of support data easy

What do you like best?

Zendesk allows us to manage a ton of support, developer and product backlog data in one place and is very open ended so that we can add whatever data we see fit. It has made it possible to run a lean support team while experiencing large company growth and not let anything go overlooked. We also use it for our product backlog and capturing other critical client data as well as the NPS functionality. We switched to their help center for all product documentation, which was much easier than building out our own site, and it allows for quick addition of new content. Also, Zendesk as an organization is very receptive of feedback and will turn around and build what people ask for. They truly listen to customers.

What do you dislike?

I wish their in application reports were better (GoodData is ok but a little tedious when you know exactly what you want and it takes a while to build a simple report) and I wish the help center allowed for better SEO on the back end. They are addressing this, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know their team. They are good people who are receptive to user ideas and feedback.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Managing a lot of support, application backlog, third party support vendors, account management + new client setup workflow, product feedback. It allows us to do all of this in one place in an orderly manner.

Grateful User

What do you like best?

I have enjoyed using Zendesk since 2010. It has been a stable platform that continually invests in its clients and adds new features to make your team more efficient. We have been able to clearly and closely monitor our customers needs and wants with your interface while becoming more organized and strategic with all the tools. Although you offer a great deal of tutorials, our busy schedule sometimes doesn't allow us to attend them, but we appreciate all the helping hands you have to keep us moving forward.

What do you dislike?

I supposes I have to think about what I don't really like...it would have to come to the forum section. If you update an article it will still keep the original date it was created. I wonder if it could have a new date when it is updated so we look up to date too. Also if you are trying to delete multiple articles in the forum you have to do them one at a time and you cannot remove multiples if you want to. This are not huge disadvantages, but things that could help us in our work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small to large businesses who need to keep an organized flow and log of B2B or B2C support. Highly recommend for a wide range of budgets too.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We are a primarily a technical support desk for mobile apps so we help a lot of people with similar issues at times. With the use of your macros, triggers, and automation's we have realized that we don't have to repeat ourselves so many times. Also we have realized by using your insight tools we can see peak hours of activity and aim to be most available during those times.

Tags

* We monitor all Zendesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Zendesk?