Zendesk
Badge 1417703253

Zendesk

102 8.5 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Give customer support by email, social media, voice, and mobile phone with complete data reporting, TRUSTe certification, and 90+ integrations.

Zendesk Reviews (102)

The product evaluation, decision making and implementing process with Zendesk was true to the company's brand: Zen. I evaluated 5 other competing products and chose... Read More
Abbey S.
We signed up for a trial and were allowed to extend this several times. Decision making was slow in-house and also came in the middle of summer holidays so the... Read More
0 uqf0zczgo stmk43jhbuz3ehoiugrn43mg18zhsj357 x ftc8c198a1rarjzljds5l3bbkibz6r
Louise Fife A.
Administrator in Consumer Services
Validated Review

Very flexible and makes managing a lot of support data easy

What do you like best?

Zendesk allows us to manage a ton of support, developer and product backlog data in one place and is very open ended so that we can add whatever data we see fit. It has made it possible to run a lean support team while experiencing large company growth and not let anything go overlooked. We also use it for our product backlog and capturing other critical client data as well as the NPS functionality. We switched to their help center for all product documentation, which was much easier than building out our own site, and it allows for quick addition of new content. Also, Zendesk as an organization is very receptive of feedback and will turn around and build what people ask for. They truly listen to customers.

What do you dislike?

I wish their in application reports were better (GoodData is ok but a little tedious when you know exactly what you want and it takes a while to build a simple report) and I wish the help center allowed for better SEO on the back end. They are addressing this, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know their team. They are good people who are receptive to user ideas and feedback.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Managing a lot of support, application backlog, third party support vendors, account management + new client setup workflow, product feedback. It allows us to do all of this in one place in an orderly manner.

Zendesk Ticket Management makes Support Administration a breeze

What do you like best?

Zendesk ticket management and routing allows for Support organizations to quickly scale and handle volume well. Our organization went from less than 10 agents to well over 50 while using Zendesk for ticket routing, rules, automations and reporting on all facets of the business. Breaking our ticket flows into groups and sub-groups was a breeze, with minimal custom work required. For those who want more granular control, there are options to do custom JS, CSS, 3rd party integrations, and a very rich API for building your own calls and apps.

What do you dislike?

Zendesk has a very solid core product, but some of the offered features need greater attention. Help Center is a good first step towards a community platform, but while they advertise content management, it leaves much to be desired. Article versioning, a better WYSIWYG editor and better site map controls are needed for them to truly compete with platforms that focus on delivering CMS. Additionally, their chat and phone offerings are nice, but lack stability and features that a secondary system would provide. They seem to work for smaller deployments, but larger, Enterprise customers will find these tools lacking.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Using Zendesk, we have been able to integrate with our CMS, track all ticket interactions and historical data, report and track KPIs for our department, integrate 3rd party chat and other systems to work well with the Zendesk ticketing mechanics, and handle over 10k tickets each month within our team. The GoodData integration is terrific, and provides us granular control over reporting metrics and information insights. Zendesk custom ticket fields allow us to categorize and track issues well, and there are numerous other integrations and implementations we have considered that have yet to be integrated for greater improvement. The Zendesk system is a true force multiplier.

Validated Review

Easy to use online ticketing system

What do you like best?

I like how the system updates tickets on the Zendesk site just from emailing back and forth on the ticket's email chain. It's a whole lot easier than remembering to go into the Zendesk website and do it through there. Also, when you do log into the site, I like how I can see not only tickets that I've submitted, but I have the ability to look at all of the ones that my organization has generated. Just clicking into a ticket shows you the entire back-and-forth on that topic at a glance.

What do you dislike?

This might be more a criticism of the company that provides the service (we're a client of the company that uses Zendesk so I submit tickets through the system and they handle them in it) but there's not a lot of additional content. There's a Forums option but very little content is visible to me. That said, I like that there's the option at least.

Also, I've heard that if no notes have been added to a ticket for a while and a user replies to an email on the ticket thread, the person/people on the other side aren't notified because the ticket has closed itself because of inactivity. Again to be fair, this might be something configured by the company we work with and not hard-wired into Zendesk itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an online ticket tracking system, I'd highly encourage you to consider Zendesk.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We have a fairly high number of tickets per user that we use Zendesk to track. Without this tool we'd absolutely have important issues falling through the cracks. Because these issues can have a direct negative impact on our company's bottom-line, Zendesk is a critical part of what we do.

User in Education Management - Zendesk Review Author
Updated On
Validated Review

Possibly the best customer service management tool, depending on your needs

What do you like best?

- Clean interface

- Analytics

- User case management (ability to reply back easily, tag issues, resurface previous issues, etc.)

- Flexible/useful permissions settings for the front-end user experience (for help articles and forums)

- API/cookie capability that allowed us to auto-populate case information

- Easy to set up CRMs like auto-responding emails based on keywords, timeframes, etc.

What do you dislike?

- To comment on help articles a user must have an account, when I'd prefer to make the barrier to entry low

- The templatized help center is not very easy to customize design-wise (maybe there are different abilities at different price points, but I always found re-designing their experience to fit our brand(s) clunky)

- The interface sometimes relies too heavily on icons, sometimes too heavily on text.

- The moving between URLs during the customer support agent experience got annoying

- I wish there had been more flexibility for setting up dynamic help forms (so if a user says "I have this problem", it asks them the right questions in a flow of new questions. In my experience I remember this either being impossible or difficult.)

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I used it at two different companies, and at both we were scaling support (i.e., helping more users with high-quality information, but keep the same number of heads and hours spent on support.)

ZenDesk overall was a very good fit for our business needs. ZenDesk and Desk are by far and away the only tools I'd recommend for a consumer web company with less than 1,000 cases a day/with users that are not paying at all or not paying much for your service (because that was my experience with the tools.) Building internal tools for support management is only smart if you have the resources to keep it maintained; using a 3rd party like ZenDesk is a much smarter option, because you know ZD will create a better product that they will continue to evolve.

Administrator in Higher Education - Zendesk Review Author
Validated Review

Effecient, simple and modern support ticket tool done the right way

What do you like best?

It is so simple to use and teach others how to use it, show your new co-work once and they are solving tickets within an hour. For new customers, out of the box, it is almost ready to go (or could be ready for prime time for a lot of companies not interested tweaking it further). It's highly customizable--you can setup single-sign in with your site's login system, design the customer interface to look like your website (not the provider's), bring it over to a subdomain on your domain and setup a multitude of rules that will run based on upon anything you tell it. Zendesk is a huge improvement over the support ticket systems that look like they are out of 1998. One of the most important factors is whether the company continually improves the tool and I can say that Zendesk does stand behind their product and has shown that they are committed to continually making it better. And Zendesk's customer support rocks!

What do you dislike?

The agent/admin interface tends to be slow to update and occasionally you are looking at old (i.e. 5 min ago) information. The forums are a great addition for your support (you should definitely still use them), however when comparing to other forums they are a bit basic and lack some much needed features (to many to list in this review) for users and admins. The organization in Zendesk needs some work and it can get a bit confusing to find what you need even when you know where it is. It would be great if there were some nice templates for the customer facing site to get you started when you're new to Zendesk and so you can not worry about the high level customization stuff later. The agent canned response and automatic reply features are almost there and I wish there was a bit more customization and a better interface (for canned responses) to make it even more useful to the agents. The Zendesk online chat is very basic, you will have to get a another service to accommodate your...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workflow is everything, get this nailed down before setting up and going live with it. If you continually change it or don't have it setup properly after you go live, this could negatively affect the data that you are gathering (the data is essential and will help you to improve in multiple facets of your business).

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Reduce customer support, improve the support experience for customers, and make the agents more efficient at solving their tickets. We went from 85% customer satisfaction to 98% customer satisfaction within a year and Zendesk was a huge part of this customer delight project that made this shift possible.

Tags

* We monitor all Zendesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Zendesk?