Zenefits

Zenefits

4.0

Zenefits gives you a single place to manage your payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance -- all online, all in one beautiful dashboard. No more paperwork. No more headaches.

Work for Zenefits?

Learning about Zenefits?

Zenefits Reviews

Ask Zenefits a Question
Showing 198 Zenefits reviews
Zenefits review by Gina K.
Gina K.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zenefits
Zenefits review by David C.
David C.

"Simple and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Smooth experience, it's so much easier than managing it manually. Support team at benefits are a great help when needed. Zenefit's real strengths are on boarding, off boarding, health benefit enrollment and COBRA management. They get better and better with features they continue to add, i.e. FSA, Commuter Benefits, PTO, Reporting etc have been added and is seamless these days.

What do you dislike?

When they buy new software, they should take more time to integrate the product. I think they learnt their lessons on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really an easy system to use and much better than trying to manage outside of a system. Zenefit's real strengths are on boarding, off boarding, health benefit enrollment and COBRA management. They get better and better with features they continue to add, i.e. FSA, Commuter Benefits, PTO, Reporting etc have been added and is seamless these days.

Onboarding, Offboarding, Health Benefits, FSA, Commuter benefits

What Core HR solution do you use?

Zenefits review by Christopher W.
Christopher W.

"Great and getting better"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Zenefits is always improving. I was with them when they were a free platform and now that they are paid. I am waiting for full scheduling functionality before I move on to transferring all of my human resources programs.

What do you dislike?

I think that their systems can be visually more appealing. It's better than most in the market, but I like something bright and clean looking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zenefits is a good choice if you are looking to consolidate different programs into one. I would ask what exactly are you looking for; for example, if you are looking just for payroll, an HR software with that may be too much, but if you are looking to have a seamless program for all of your employees this program may be a good choice to consider.

I am tired of having a thousand apps all over the damn place. Zenefits is a solution to have everything under one roof. It is in Zenefits business model to continue to grow and encompass more human resources needs.

Zenefits review by Veronica H.
Veronica H.

"My Experience with Zenefits "

What do you like best?

Zenefits is a very cost efficient brokerage of benefits and HRIS system with some great tools, such as US employee onboarding and benefits enrollment, cobra administration, and commuter benefit offerings. It’s great to have a benefits broker that comes along with an HRIS system.

What do you dislike?

There have been many quirks with the software, mainly the lack of effective dating, the validity of some reports data, and the lack of customer service. Recently I will say, the reporting and customer service have slightly improved but it is still hard to truly trust the data like I can with ADP and other systems.

Commuter benefit issues with employer contributions have been a challenge for 2 plan years. Effective dating I have been told is an issue that Zenefits is aware of but not yet working on, which really is baffling to me since it is very important. I do like the cobra administration, time and attendance module and ease of US employee onboarding, while still awaiting these features for international entities.

Zenefits review by Greg H.
Greg H.

"It was good, now great, soon to be better!"

What do you like best?

Payroll processing, Built in performance management, company directory, great and easy to access customer service. I love having our benefits integrated and having a one stop shop essentially for all aspects of HR.

I love that they are constantly growing and rolling out new updates that have both functionality and compliance in mind. The performance management tool isnt much yet, but it is a very promising app that should make Zenefits a ones stop shop for all of our companies needs. Apart from that the mobile app is easy to use and make time and attendance is easy to use as an administrator and as a user.

What do you dislike?

Reports are poor. They are getting better and have had some improvements. I hope the payroll reports improve so I dont have to continue to make my own each payroll run. Their customer service is only accessible via chat, email or phone call. Now that my sound like its an amazing aspect but you submit tickets and wait for them to call you back. Not too convenient when you actually want to talk to a real person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use EVERYTHING before launch. Make sure your specialists actually call you and teach you how to use it rather than letting them just email you.

The benefits we are using are health, medical, dental and then out other coinsurances. They integrate well and working with the other apps they have is easy and a HUGE bonus.

Zenefits review by Nicolas C.
Nicolas C.

"Everything HR in one place and simplified"

What do you like best?

What I like best from Zenefits I think is their customer service approach. They know that even-though a user can do everything through the platform, there are processes that are completed offline by third parties. Having always someone willing te help you find out what's going with those off-platform processes is great.

On the other hand, the platform is beautiful. It is very intuitive and it has the perfect balance between modern and professional.

Additionally, you can manage the whole HR process on it. Before Zenefits I remember we had to make a lot pf phone calls and emails to coordinate everything. Today all of that is on the platform, so there's no more overhead and my HR team has more time to work on other stuff.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything from Zenefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend starting with the first tier and then move up if needed. Customer service is really good to helo you understand the setup process.

Before using Zenefits we had to handle everything manually on different platforms and/or offline. Multiple points of contacts created multiple single points of failure. It was messy. Zenefits has allowed us to consolidate everything employee related in a single place and it makes both HR and Administrative people lives easier. Think of Zenefits as a bridge between employees, the HR team and the brokers. In the platform we now can manage all the processes that involve those three parties.

Zenefits review by Ashley E.
Ashley E.

"Great portal to hold employee information"

What do you like best?

Zenefits streamlines the place to go for employees to see any benefits our company offers or employees' personal benefits. The look of the portal is very clean and nice, easy to use and pretty intuitive. The dashboard for each user is great because it highlights the main areas that one would need to access often. I often use the commuter benefits portion to check how I've been using those benefits. Or, the vacation time portal to request time off, whether it's PTO or sick time.

What do you dislike?

The tool for hierarchy and teams isn't the most intuitive to use and the functionality seems a bit dated. I wish there was a more robust way to show how all the teams in the company are connected to each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Zenefits, know that the portal holds the information it has populated from the integration you have set for it. For example, if your insurance company policies give certain information to Zenefits regarding your coverage, it will reflect that in the portal however it could be missing information or could be incorrect—so you must defer to your actual documentation to assure it's correct.

There are great features like the Vacation portal for PTO and Sick Time, insurance info, payroll, and commuter benefits. Additionally, HR policies and contracts can be created and held within the portal. It creates one space to hold all HR and employee materials that they would need.

Zenefits review by Kath F.
Kath F.

"Initial adopter of Zenefits, we have seen a lot of changes"

What do you like best?

Zenefits has had a lot of ups and downs, but it is constantly changing and evolving. There is no doubt how much time and money Zenefits has saved us as a small company in gathering information, tracking people, tracking insurance, hiring, terminating, and payroll. I think by far the best feature that we utilize with Zenefits is payroll. It took our payroll process down from 8 hours to 30 minutes. It used to be a two person process that would involve a day of double checking numbers and now I do it myself within 30 minutes and Zenefits always does the math right and remembers things that I would not.

Also, I love documents. We can track all of our employee documents here and it is such a relief. Also, we can send yearly documents that need to be signed or updated. This is such a time save.

What do you dislike?

We have yet to have a very wonderful experience with Zenefit's insurance brokerage. They used to do it in house and it was just a disaster for someone that wasn't from California, where they are located. We struggled in Georgia with a lack of knowledge from their brokers, and an inability to advise us on crucial things like HSA's and FSA's. They have changed their process and are now using a different agency, and I can't wait to see what this process is like (and they are in Atlanta, too!)

Also, their time off app needs tweaking. I LOVE having a time off app and it is so useful, but the way that it calculates available time is just wonky and none of my employees seem to understand it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a company that listens and makes the right changes in the right direction. I have never felt my voice heard as well as I do with Zenefits.

1. Keeping track of important personal employee files

2. Processing insurance and tracking benefits

3. Tracking ETO/PTO

4. General HR questions

5. Payroll

6. Employee onboarding

As the HR Contact, I use this software on a daily basis. It helps me with so many things. My employees know they have it and occasionally have to use it for things like ETO or checking their paystubs, but don't need to bother it, and that's how I like it.

Zenefits review by Jack C.
Jack C.

"So far the best HR software"

What do you like best?

Zenefits helps us to manage our HR department much easier. Candidates are always on track, the moment when people accept the offers we will be notified immediately. We also begin to consider using it's payroll function in the near future. The platform is clean and nice, easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is more frustrating when you are about to discuss with the new employees about their 401(k) and the website shows it encounter system issues. The cost for each employee is also an interesting issue, since it charges us by the number of employees. Wish they can do a bundle sale, for instance, different price sets for 1-10, 11-49, 50-100 employees, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider changing the price setting. It will encourage more start-ups to use Zenefits if it offers more flexible price based on the current number of employees and the future growth.

Onboarding, benefits, and hopefully payroll next year.

Zenefits review by Tracy M.
Tracy M.

"Everything wrapped into one!"

What do you like best?

Zenefits is one stop for all of your HR needs. It is easy to use for admins as well as staff. Customer service is impeccable. I have never been let down by this company when I need to get in touch with them.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with Zenefits. Once you get everything entered in; the software takes over. If you have questions; customer service is easily reachable and their response time is amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you will see that it is a wonderful tool to have within your business.

Zenefits just added payroll so I am anxious to explore that and possibly add that to my HR package. All employee info is stored here as well as all of our benefits packages. It it very helpful to all of us when we have a question.

Zenefits review by Jameson S.
Jameson S.

"Fantastically easy-to-use time saver for our small business"

What do you like best?

We've used Zenefits for 2.5 years. Despite the "automation" nature of their products, I've been very impressed with how personal the service is. Each of the Zenefits reps I've dealt with has not only been friendly, but super responsive and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

They seem to have recovered well from the CEO shakeup and turmoil from 2016, but it's something that sticks at the back of your mind - are they stable enough for us to keep relying on them more and more? My sense is that they are, but it's hard sometimes not to wonder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using it for the free features, it's hard to go wrong. There's very little risk. That's how they get your attention, and it's a neat model.

We're onboarding new employees with ease and we've automated our Annual Enrollment process. We're currently considering using them for payroll too.

Zenefits review by Jihee K.
Jihee K.

"Huge Improvement"

What do you like best?

Zenefits has gone thru a lot of changes THANKFULLY and as a customer for 3 years now, I've seen a huge improvement and I hope it doesn't end. Specifically, I like how much easier open enrollment is now.

What do you dislike?

There certainly are areas of improvement but I think the more you communicate with them, they're able to find ways to make the platform work for your needs. It's really the only way to get things fixed.

But if I had to point out one (tiny) flaw, it's when offer letters are resent, they candidate does not get notified. We need to actually email the candidate to log back in to Zenefits to view their updated offer. It's minor. I know.

Zenefits is our main HR platform and it takes care of all of our benefits. I'm pretty happy with it.

Zenefits review by Adri L.
Adri L.

"Easy use experience."

What do you like best?

I think that Zenefits is well-designed and has an intuitive user interface. It makes payroll much easier, employees enter their hours quickly and managers are able to review the hours and quickly resolve issues. It is fast and convenient for employees to update their information. It was really easy to onboard a new employee.

What do you dislike?

There is no good way to enter information for flex days, we have to approve it through managers and log it as regular hours worked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for a small company. Payroll and all the information is available to the employees, making HR issues a lot easier to deal with.

Employees can quickly view medical, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plans, this cuts down on the amount of searching employees need to do, keeping all information in one location.

Zenefits review by Alex F.
Alex F.

"Zenefits - initial impression"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of HR resources in one place... It's really a promising platform if you live where you can take advantage of everything they offer! After talking to my sales person, I also have a lot of confidence that new features are coming.

(Update - 4 months in and Zenefits is full of bugs and problems. Unfortunately, they lured us into pre-paying for an annual service, and they have a no-refund policy. Escalating concerns with Zenefits is a nightmare - I'm supposed to be on a call with them now, but the rep no-showed for our scheduled call. Don't waste your money!)

What do you dislike?

Many services aren't offered in Delaware. We couldn't use them for health insurance or for payroll - 2 of the key reasons we wanted the platform. That being said, we like it enough that we signed up and are waiting for those services to be made available in Delaware!

(4 months in - Still no Delaware Payroll....but lots of product bugs to report. Buttons on the platform that don't go anywhere... slow responses from escalation support, and no refunds if you're not happy... Stay away!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if they don't offer everything in your state, the solution is still solid! We are glad we made the switch!

(4 months in and Zenefits is why I drink... this platform gets worse by the day!)

We will eventually be able to put all of our HR in one place. Employees will have quick easy access to payroll and HR forms, in the same portal they use to clock in and out every day.

(4 months in - causing more problems than it solves for... We were better off with the disjointed systems we had in place before!)

"AWESOME HR platform! "

What do you like best?

I like that it's one stop for all HR needs that includes on boarding, benefits, reports, record keeping and much, much more.

What do you dislike?

They don't have a reputable 401K partner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small company and growing either quickly or steadily, Zenefits is the way to go. It gives you back your time, saves time when it comes to ob boarding new hires, open enrollment, any employee changes are made easily. Hiring syncs with Lever - ATS. Support is responsive if you have an issue.

You're saving money by using Zenefits, not saving with a PEO. With a PEO you have no insight or control of anything, you rely on the PEO and it's not good. They are not always available and anything you need you have to rely on them. Why do that when you can save money by using Zenefits.

The company has insight into what we're spending on benefits, we went from paper on boarding to paperless. Employees can update their information on their own, we can run our own reports or use the customized ones that are provided. A lot of information is at our fingertips when it wasn't before since we were using a PEO.

On boarding a new hire is easy and free!

Zenefits review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Streamlines HR with a few hiccups along the way"

What do you like best?

I love that all of our HR 'stuff' can be collected in one place. Less paperwork means less headaches for everyone. The interface is very user friendly, and I love the 'time off' management tool.

What do you dislike?

We've had some problems with the software not automating region specific HR compliance like its supposed to do. Additionally, their new 'we'll call you' approach to customer service is highly annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface is very user friendly, and employees like that they can easily track and manage their benefits all in one place.

Zenefits allows us to keep track of all relevant "HR" paperwork, manage employee time off, and administer/manager insurance and commuter benefits.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Thank you Zenefits!"

What do you like best?

It is a super easy to use tool for all hiring and firing needs. Not only did I pick it up in less than a day - the support staff they have goes above and beyond to help!

What do you dislike?

I've noticed sometimes it will populate an employee twice when I'm trying to onboard but that's a simple fix on my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly suggest using Zenefits for your company, it's made our lives much easier when it comes to keeping track of employees.

All HR hiring/firing. It's made it beyond easy to on-board and off-board employees. Easily keep track of all employee documents and start days. I LOVE the calendar feature so I can better keep track of birthday's, too. This feature makes it a lot easier to plan things for up coming birthfays.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Save yourself from HR admin - get Zenefits. "

What do you like best?

Our team uses Zenefits everyday for a wide variety of functions: offer letters, employee onboarding, background checks, data reporting, COBRA administration, payroll, Time & Attendance, Time Off, Open Enrollment, ACA Compliance, FSAs, 401(k), etc. It is safe to say we are "power users." One of the best things about Zenefits is how much customer feedback they accept and how the product has continued to evolve during the last three years that we have been using it. We have also appreciated the responsiveness of our customer rep.

Our time savings from eliminating paperwork is very hire (would probably need at least 1 additional FTE if we didn't have the product), we are more compliant than we would be otherwise, and our employees have never required training on the product.

What do you dislike?

Payroll can run slowly at times, configuring the time off app is not intuitive, and the permissions sets available to admin needs to be more customizable. It would be nice if there was an app for FMLA compliance in Zenefits as well (but they do have some useful help center materials about it). I would also like a repository of HR documents that employees could access in Zenefits that the HR team could update.

We are solving an administrative burden, compliance, communicating with staff, etc. We also have everything in a one-stop location which makes it easier for employees.

Zenefits review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"Great for small teams that don't have an HR person "

What do you like best?

Zenefits makes it easy for me to manage information about my employees, adjust salaries, approve time off, and much more. Zenefits streamlined a process that was once cumbersome because I needed multiple systems for payroll, time off, and other benefits. I was in charge of HR (even though it wasn't my full time role) and Zenefits made it easy for me to figure things out.

What do you dislike?

Some employees complained about not being able to find information easily, but it was more user error than a problem with Zenefits. I trained my employees on how to request time off, how to see their benefits, adjust their 401ks, and after I coached them nobody seemed to struggle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set Zenefits up properly to save you headaches. I recommend putting everything (insurance plans, employee handbook, PTO tracker, commuter benefits, contact information, etc.) in Zenefits. If you only use half of it, you're missing out on the advantage of keeping all of your HR/benefits in one place.

Keeping all HR and benefits related things in one place. I no longer have to search a spreadsheet to know how many days off someone has left in the year!

Zenefits review by Administrator

"Everything you need in one place"

What do you like best?

All your HR needs in one place. We have employees in more than one location all over the country. Zenefits makes onboarding easier and it happens with far fewer emails. It also offers a lot of safety where employees do not have to send sensitive information via email.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the services are offered to us due to locations where we operate. We cannot run payroll or add contractors because of where we do business. We are also unable to sync with our benefits provider

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for small businesses with employees in several work locations

Keeps our HR department more organized and accessible anywhere. It is more secure and frees up a lot of space for storing paper files. Our employees like that they have access to all of their paperwork and are able to make any changes to tax withholding or direct deposit very easily.

Zenefits review by Teresa B.
Teresa B.

"Great for small/medium business"

What do you like best?

Zenefits helps keep a good portion of HR paperwork all in one spot. HR always has a tremendous amount of paperwork and deadlines, so it's amazing to find a product to keep a lot of that chaos all in one spot. We use Zenefits for our benefits, onboarding, documents, tracking and reminder for training, and several other features. It has organized and decreased the amount of paper on my desk by a lot. One great feature is that it's fairly easy to customize to fit to your company rather than the company trying to fit to the software. We continue to find new ways to utilize it which makes it easy for me to justify it to the CFO & ED. We have definitely found efficiency and effectiveness with this product. For any business that can't afford the ridiculous prices they have for other software, Zenefits has a great bang for the buck!

What do you dislike?

Although I love Zenefits, there have been some bumps in the road. We've been using Zenefits for two years and it has definitely changed a lot in those two years. Sometimes things are changed without the best of communication, but it is getting better than it was two years ago. And truthfully, even though some of the changes surprised me, most of them really were good changes, so that helped. There are a few things within the categories I use that I would change for my particular business, but that would happen with any software. They are, however, very good about listening to their customers on what they want changed. All in all, not a lot to gripe about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Zenefits, especially to any company that would like to ease into software to help with their HR needs. Zenefits is pretty easy to use, which is nice when starting a new software in a business. Make sure to utilize part of it you can, it will save you money in the long run.

It has tremendously limited our benefits paperwork, which is amazing! It has also streamlined our onboarding process and I have only heard positive feedback from our new hires. We also use the ACA tool, which has saved our company money and made it fairly easy to follow those regulations. The documents section has also changed several of our processes and helped us stay compliant with state agency regulations we must follow.

Zenefits review by Nicholas A.
Nicholas A.

"Benefits made simple (although sometimes, too simple)"

What do you like best?

It's great having everything in one place—PTO, insurance information, and FSA. Given how utterly awful web portals for benefits usually are, it's great to use something that actually functions like you would expect from a real, modern web page.

What do you dislike?

It's clear they've tried to streamline and simplify the process—however, some things (like health insurance) are complicated in their very nature, and perhaps should stay that way. Zenefits seems to encourage you to "click through" and just get your medical benefits set up as painlessly as possible, when in reality you should probably be enduring a little pain to dig into and think about the details of your coverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to encourage your employees to look through all the details of their insurances and flex account plans, because these plans are complicated and a lot of potential pitfalls are hidden in the details.

I'm an employee using Zenefits as the way to get my benefits. The "benefits" are having my benefits in one place, and being able to set everything up online (health insurance, FSA, etc), without having to wait on hold with a call center or use a fax machine or do anything else that shouldn't be required in they year 2017.

Zenefits review by Tammy K.
Tammy K.

"Good program, ahead of its time"

What do you like best?

The automated ability to handle our benefits. In this day and age, I am surprised it took so long to make the benefits enrollment and termination process an automated one. Zenefits was a leader in implementing this platform, which has since been implemented by others.

What do you dislike?

I believe the paid pricing modules are a little steep. It's not that they don't provide good additions, but the pricing is a little above what the paid products warrant.

I love the fact that my employees know what benefits they are eligible for and are reminded repeatedly that they need to act or lose their eligibility, without this falling solely on MY shoulders. This has been immensely helpful, as well as the the ability to see at a glance who has what benefits, and what their cost is.

Zenefits review by Betsy P.
Betsy P.

"Zenefits Review"

What do you like best?

I love that all employee paperwork is accessible in one spot. Also, it makes open enrollment so much easier. Plus, the reporting is excellent!

What do you dislike?

I'd like to use Zenefits HRA/FSA offering, but we can't set it up with Zenefits the way we use at TrueWealth. As a result, we use MedCom. I'd love to move all HR to Zenefits if I could.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to current customers and find out the creative ways they use Zenefits. It is amazing all the new stuff I learn from being involved with ClubZen and the Community Group.

To have HR in one place, such as benefits, payroll, 401k, PTO, time keeper; better system for employee paperwork

Zenefits review by Lauren A.
Lauren A.

"Zenefits Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to request time off and access my paycheck easily. I also like that commuter benefits are built into this and also easily accessible.

What do you dislike?

Zenefits recently messed up our companies benefits, so I am still unsure as to whether or not im insured at the moment because of this. This should have been something they jumped on top of ASAP but from what I heard they were not very sympathetic considering it was their mess up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its not the worst, not the best.

I wouldn't say its solving any problems. Its just an easy way to see your benefits, payroll, ect...

Zenefits review by David K.
David K.

"Cloud-based all-in-one HR Management Software"

What do you like best?

One Stop HR. Ease of use, integration of employee management info both from admin and employee pov, user interface, HR compliance resourcing.

What do you dislike?

As an early adopter, Zenefits is continually improving. Until recently, customer service and additional services (like FSA) lacked effective problem resolution and solutions orientation (significantly improving!).

Needs Org Chart capability. Reporting is limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on size and budget of your company, Zenefits provides great HR management software solutions! Easy for employees to use. Benefits admin integrates benefits well. A big value-add!

HR benefits admin (medical, dental, vision, FSA), employee management software (PTO tracking, employee database). Provides employee info and access to review and manager their info.

Zenefits review by Kristi B.
Kristi B.

"All-in-one"

What do you like best?

Zenefits makes our on-boarding process so easy for us and our new employees. Everything is in one place, and easy to use. It is nice to have the support they provide as well. We just went through open enrollment, and it was so easy to pick our new plan and get everyone signed up who was interested.

What do you dislike?

The only think I dislike is that we don't run our payroll through them so we have to send documents to our payroll provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a shot. I know there was some bad press around them, but we never experienced any of that. And, they have been very easy to work with the whole time. They communicate well, and you can reach them by phone or email. The follow up even when they don't have an update yet, but want you to know they are still working on items for you.

Compliance across the board.

Zenefits review by Sam C.
Sam C.

"Excellent adoption across all users"

What do you like best?

Configuration and overall setup of the system is intuitive and it's clear what is possible and not within workflows and available fields. What really sets it apart is the ease of adoption for users - with just a few tips, employees and managers can complete their tasks.

What do you dislike?

In some cases there is a trade-off to get the simplicity which limits alternate configurations for different employee segments. Also, training videos posted on youtube doesn't seem appropriate for a technology as comprehensive as this.

Managing a geographically disperse set of employees within on standard system. We have seen quicker process completion times from open enrollment, time off requests and managing savings accounts.

Zenefits review by Tarah H.
Tarah H.

"Keeping a Digital Company Digital!"

What do you like best?

We love using Zenefits because it helps us to maintain our digital status. We pride ourselves on being a digital company. It also has been a great help in mainstreaming our PTO and On-Boarding process. It is so much easier and makes us feel better knowing things will not fall through the cracks. Also getting someone ready for payroll faster puts our employees at ease as well!

What do you dislike?

I have not come across anything so far that I do not like!

Payroll, PTO and On-Boarding!

Zenefits review by Valerie C.
Valerie C.

"Unfortunately, falls somewhat flat."

What do you like best?

When it's working, it's relatively user-friendly and aesthetically, it's pleasant to look at. In theory, it does its job well. The fact that it has built-in preferred name and pronoun choices is certainly appreciated.

What do you dislike?

It only works some of the time. It's buggy in Chrome, and as of this review, will not load the sidebar or profile features, or let me record time off for employees. Variations on this theme where I'm unable to actually use the core functions of the product have existed on and off the entire time I've used this software (6 months now).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you vet it thoroughly and ensure that it will actually work.

It has made tracking PTO vs. balances easier (though I still use a backup method because I just don't trust it for all its issues).

Zenefits review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Top-notch software for free, but poor support"

What do you like best?

The software interface is easy to use -- for admin and for users. Our employees like the interface and new hires say onboarding was easy.

What do you dislike?

We used to have an account manager but he was fired and we weren't notified. It seems that account managers are no longer part of the support model. Instead, the only way to contact support is to fill out a web form -- there is no email or phone number. This makes it hard to address bigger or recurring issues. We also have had problems in which some benefit enrollments weren't transferred to the insurance carriers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tech solution for a growing company and can't afford to purchase a true HRIS, Zenefits is great. However, their services as an insurance broker are less rich.

We were able to digitalize our onboarding and benefits enrollment at no cost, which was a great success for us as a nonprofit.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Great value"

What do you like best?

I'm really impressed with zenefits thus far. I've yet to have many of the problems that some of the reviewers have, but i will take note of any and update my review. I also like the ability to consolidate all of our HR-related resources into a single portal and/or mobile app for my employees.

What do you dislike?

none to think of yet. If i really had to find a con though, it would be that their "Time and attendance" app is separate from their main Zenefits app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering using Zenefits, make sure you weigh it against its competitors. It does a lot of things, but it does few of them perfectly. A jack-of-all-trades, master of none type of solution.

It has allowed us to centralize the large majority of our HR-related tasks.

Zenefits review by David S.
David S.

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Zenefits is an easy to use interface for both the company, and the employees. Simple, easy and effective. The employees feel comfortable using the system and we have had no complaints. I could go on and on about the system but I'm sure you've stopped reading at this point. It is the online support system that we used and although I was nervous moving in this direction it the on-boarding process was much easier than I expected. Most of our employees are younger, recent graduates, and their expectation was support 24/7 and this was the easiest means to provide it to them without the expense of hiring a full time human resources manager. I certainly had no desire, nor time to become an expert in the area of human resources and still keep the business growing. Choosing zenefits was a great decision that is validated with every employee changeover. We also find the benefits enrollment reminders very helpful and insure that our employees don't miss the necessary deadlines. I can't imagine what problems we would encounter if that happened.

What do you dislike?

I have trouble pinpointing areas of concern. The only issue that did come up was solved through their customer support system online. Really not a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm sure there are alternative systems out there, but I found Zenefits to be be easy and so did our employees.

I particularly like the ease of use as a small company with little HR support. Zenefits IS our HR support! We manage our benefits and maintain employee records and information through the system.

Zenefits review by Mina P.
Mina P.

"Mixed Review"

What do you like best?

+ I appreciate the user friendly design of the system

+ the data base of protocols and how to's for employees to reduce follow up with HR ie it's easy to self manage your benefits

+ PTO plug in

+ reminders and prompts for renewals, outstanding administrator tasks, etc

What do you dislike?

+ quality of customer support is very poor (rarely able to resolve matter, leave things open ended, should benefit from going through more support trainings)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Zenefits with a good payroll system. We have intuit and I would not recommend them as a provider.

If you have very straightforward needs zenefits is great, if you have a need to customize benefits and PTO offerings across the board, there is quite a bit of hassle in setting things up or changing existing programs.

PTO & Benefits Management

The need for systems that address perks and additional types of benefits offered by an employer. (examples: employee discounts with vendors, gym membership, volunteer days included in PTO systems, tuition reimbursement management)

Zenefits review by Jackie S.
Jackie S.

"Clean and Simple"

What do you like best?

I like that it has a clean and simple design, allowing me to always find the information I need, when I need it.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike. The one thing I struggled with recently, but figured out after 5 minutes of playing with the tool is how to actually use the vision care.

I always know what my benefits are and where to find them. I just downloaded the app and it made it even easier for vision. I'm going to use it soon, so I will see how it works when actually needing to show my insurance via Zenefits.

Zenefits review by Katie W.
Katie W.

"The small business' best friend."

What do you like best?

Zenefits is an hub that greatly reduces time spent managing HR tasks. For the small or medium sized business, Zenefits eliminates the need for hiring an HR manager while streamlining the process and consolidating data and important information. The Zenefits team is very responsive and knowledgable, and will advocate when needed, which again reduces the manpower needed to manage HR.

What do you dislike?

The new interface is not as user friendly in some cases, although it is more robust. We use ADP for payroll, and the disconnect has increased the effort needed to manage HR bi-weekly, which goes against Zenefits core philosophy. The commuter benefits program makes it difficult to remove an employee and could be better documented or tweaked to avoid issues.

Onboarding, management of documents and employee data, health insurance, short term disability, streamlined processes such as signing off of new employee handbook, PTO management, commuter benefits, integration with Slack.

"Thank you Zenefits!"

What do you like best?

Zenefits has streamlined my HR responsibilities immensely. I have been very grateful to have this tool to help me learn the ropes of everything from hiring to PTO.

What do you dislike?

When I first was learning about Zenefits, I reached out to get support/training and was told that didn't exist. Then, through my own digging, I found extensive options for that and it has helped a lot. It was a rough start getting support, but now they've made up for it with their training offerings.

We're solved the job offer process through using Zenefits. What used to be a complex communications process between all parties involved. I hope to continuously improve this process and use as many integrations Zenefits offers.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Wireless
Administrator in Wireless

"Great for small business HR"

What do you like best?

I love that all of our HR is done through this one app (payroll, benefits, time off management, etc) and that employees can easily access their information and make updates whenever they'd like.

What do you dislike?

I've reached out a few times for a demo of their time & attendance recording options and haven't received a response. They have a 'request a demo' button that I'm thinking probably doesn't work!

Zenefits does a lot of the not-so-fun HR duties for us. We don't have to hassle with running our own payroll and filing taxes, employee documentation is available and easily accessible anytime (for us an employees), they manage and administer our benefits, and they help us make sure we are complying legally regarding things like hiring and termination.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Zenefits : Giving Me Time Back in My Day"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Zenefits is how it simplifies my onboarding process by keeping everything online.

What do you dislike?

I'm sad that Zenefits is no longer functioning as a health insurance broker. The fact that we will have two different systems to use for this going forward is concerning, and I'm worried things will get messed up or lost in communication during my open enrollment and general new hire enrollments in insurance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure everything during your implementation goes perfectly so your use of the product going forward is seamless. Their support has really improved over the years, and I do appreciate the feedback they ask for to make their product better and better.

Onboarding documents moved to completely electronic, making the process fast and easy for both the employer and the employee.

Zenefits review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Great product. Not sure about their management team anymore, but super easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's simple, straightforward. Not a lot of crazy things, easy language, simple management. And for us as end users it's great. We use it all the time, especially managing people.

What do you dislike?

The web interface could use some enhancements. It's a bit slow, but otherwise there's really very little I dislike about the product.

Conversely, I'm quite annoyed by management that they made it into a hyperscaling company and decided that that was the end-all, be-all for them. It's cool that companies that grow really really really fast, but doing it at the expense of employees, customers, security, regulations, and honesty is not justifiable. I hope they fix that, though their culture is apparently wrought with this stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look into it. I think the product is worthwhile. But that said, definitely look at the management. I'm following them and hoping they can turn around with their cryptic past.

Simple management of HR. Everyone can submit time off. Everyone can manage their schedules. it syncs to Google Apps (Google Calendar, specifically) so you know exactly who is out of the office. It's amazing.

Zenefits review by Taylor H.
Taylor H.

"Time Off and Sick Time Made Accessible to Employees."

What do you like best?

For years at my last company, requesting time off has been a pain in the butt. Old school paper work, jumping through procedures that could take up to 3 weeks to get things approved...

My new employer has us using Zenefits and the differences is night and day. I feel like I have real access to my time off from work and benefits. It's accessible, easy to use and gives me a direct communication to my employer about personal time. It automatically pushes to our company calendar as well! Zenefits has greatly contributed to my love for the company I work for.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike here. The only issue that I see is that when requesting time off that over laps with the weekend, it counts that as total time off hours. There is probably a way to set it to ignore your regular days off. I have yet to figure out how to do that. That said, this is a very minor dislike to the software. Overall, there really isn't much that is unlikable about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will be a game changer for your companies benefits and time off management!

This product has given me hope that companies can handle time off requests without bureaucratic and time consuming paperwork. My team uses this with ease and I know it makes my bosses job way easier.

"Great HR solution"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to add functionality simply by adding apps to our account.

What do you dislike?

Some of the training videos are too basic and long winded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really give this product a trial. I wasn't sure at first, but I have grown to appreciate and love it. It does all of the things we were doing by hand or on a myriad of different apps and programs from one place. It has shown us the benefits of doing the research and going with the right product the first time.

We needed an HR solution for not only our company, but also to recommend to our clients.

Zenefits review by Administrator

"Very good HRIS system, and getting better everyday!"

What do you like best?

Zenefits is a great resource for both admins and employees. As an admin I love that I have all of an employee's information in one place; on-boarding docs, PTO, anniversaries, etc. For employees, they have tons of information at their fingertips; staff contact info, benefits, PTO and more!

What do you dislike?

There are occasional bugs/glitches that can usually be fixed by customer service in a matter of days. I would prefer if I didn't have to be the ones to find the issues (like "buttons" not working) but since they typically get them fixed quickly it isn't a big deal. I would prefer if their trouble ticket system was a bit more robust, with the ability to define the problem and reference the original request when addressing them.

Zenefits has significantly streamlined our on-boarding process, PTO requests and tracking, and employee reporting.

Zenefits review by Sohail A.
Sohail A.

"Zenefits not only completed my HR needs but also reshaped them"

What do you like best?

I wasn't able to meet my HR needs before this software but it helped me understanding the importance of Quality HR software in any business model in the modern world. Every successful business wants to recruit new people to add towards their success. I was the same person with same need but their recruitment management system helped me to recruit new people without any difficulty. Time, Compliance and benefits management systems were also good and up to mark.

What do you dislike?

It's quite expensive. The support should be enhanced and be able to provide people with simple and quick solutions at their email addresses without taking so much time. It's not the best feature of this platform in 2016

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should use this software as we used it at http://www.insurancequotesmaster.com. Payroll, Compliance, management, benefits and attendance management are very effective features of this software. It wasn't easy for me to chose this software as my core HR management system but my company has been able to recruit the good and talented people due to effective recruit management system

I've realized the problems of attendance management and recruitment management in my business. I wasn't able to solve all of these problems at http://www.insurancequotesmaster.com but able to solve these problems due to this software

Zenefits review by Alyssa S.
Alyssa S.

"We all need insurance"

What do you like best?

Basically I just like that I get paid (at some point) and I think have health insurance. And commuter benefits are nice

What do you dislike?

Zenefits is very touch and go with our company so far. We we're questionably without health insurance for the month of January and have had late paychecks/errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait for them to figure everything out first. All the ducks are not in line yet.

Pay stubs, company contacts and structure, insurance, commuter benefits.

Zenefits review by David C.
David C.

"Great at some things, not at others"

What do you like best?

Zenefits does have a novel concept and does help untangle the mess of benefits for a small company

What do you dislike?

Payroll is not as easy and so we moved to another platform for that. Obviously, the company culture is important when we do business and we weren't thrilled with the shenanigans from earlier

Benefits and HR administration is our biggest area. The process for onboarding benefits for new employees is very easy and hands off for management

Zenefits review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"HR Management and On-Boarding"

What do you like best?

Ease of use , access to HR information and the on-boarding process reduced from 2 weeks to 2 hours. In our business on-boarding is critical to our success and the success of our customers. Annual benefit renewal could not be easier. Lastly, the support from the knowledgeable Zenefits staff is second to none.

What do you dislike?

Integration with 3rd Party Payroll is extremely difficult. This is the only area where support is poor to say the least.

Centralized storage of HR documents and ease of on-boarding new employees. We improved on-boarding from 2 weeks to 2 hours. Immediate access by authorized personnel to all employee HR information. Integration with our Review Management System (ReviewSnap) was extremely easy.

Zenefits review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Lacking in basic tools for employee self-service"

What do you like best?

When we used it, I did like how easy it was to navigate through the website - I did not feel as though I were overwhelmed by needless clutter. As superficial as it sounds, I actually was a fan of their old logo as well - it felt warm and classic.

What do you dislike?

I didn't feel like it was easy to reach the information that mattered most to me. When I joined my current company, there were only two of us as interns at the company so the issues weren't insurmountable but became harder as we grew in full-time employee numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that others considering Zenefits thoroughly examine the various options available to them and do the necessary research and brainstorming to make sure that this is what will work for your situation and for your foreseeable future.

When we used it, it was as a very basic HR/payroll tool.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Amazing experience and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Great interface, super intuitive, makes all HR processes so much easier. I love their onboarding boarding, health benefit enrollment and COBRA management. They get better and better with features they continue to add. They also have amazing customer support!

What do you dislike?

I am still fairly new to Zenefits but so far - nothing I dislike.

Being able to consolidate all of our HR info in one single place is amazing. Zenefits onboarding has saved us so much time in terms of making sure employees can complete their paperwork in advance and all of our key documents are stored in one place.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Lack of Customer Support"

What do you like best?

The price. Until they started charging.

What do you dislike?

Aside from system errors throughout the year and a requirement to audit all information pushed from Zenefits into payroll and benefits systems, our benefits renewal was a mess. System problems with their "beta version" held up the roll out and we spent as much time waiting for Support to open on the West Coast. Waiting until 11:00 EST to get support should be obsolete today.

Zenefits was our one-stop HR solution for recruiting, onboarding, benefits management and personal/payroll information. It is a single source, which is good. However the system has many bugs and we constantly were auditing information to ensure payroll and benefits were accurate.

Zenefits review by User in Internet

"New to Zenefits, but love the UI!"

What do you like best?

I like the simple UI, the one-stop-shop for all thing HRIS, payroll, benefits, etc. It is a great alternative to the other systems I've used like Fidelity NetBenefits, ADP, and Paylocity. Based on my experience, I would definitely recommend it.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints so far! I know that it serves as the hub for where you can access your personal work information and payroll, benefits, etc. but in my experience, not sure if they also offer the provided services as well. I heard through the news that they got in trouble for compliance reasons, but as a user and not a purchaser, it hasn't affected my thoughts on the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd definitely recommend to anyone looking for an HRIS system. Also, I believe they just recently announced an update to their system so new features are always exciting for users. As a user, this is a great one-stop-shop for all things benefits.

Enrolling in and managing all company benefits, payroll, etc. - basically where I go to make sure that I'm covered as an employee and able to access the records of my information. I'm glad that it's so user-friendly and I enjoy logging into it to accomplish my intended purposes.

Zenefits review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Great for tracking benefits"

What do you like best?

Zenefits helps me keep track of all of my benefits in the same, easy to access location.

What do you dislike?

My employer hasn't taken advantage of all of the features of Zenefits (e.g. payroll, PTO requests). As a result, I have to keep track of a few different systems. I believe Zenefits has the ability to solve that problem though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using Zenefits to track benefits for a small business (less than 50 employees). It is very user-friendly and multifaceted.

It streamlines the process for hiring paperwork, medical/dental/ and disabiilty insurance and FSA enrollment, and makes for an easy way to disseminate info about these benefits.

Zenefits review by Kat E.
Kat E.

"Everything I need for HR compliance in one place"

What do you like best?

Zenefits has made it so easy to access employee time, PTO, benefits, and personal info in one place.

What do you dislike?

The portal can be a bit hard to navigate at first--there is SO much available that it's hard to understand what all Zenefits can do right off hand.

We've solved the issue of too much paper--with Zenefits we've been able to go completely paperless with our employee files.

Zenefits review by Liz S.
Liz S.

"Best UX for benefits yet!"

What do you like best?

I use Zenefits to access my benefits information and time off requests. The user interface is the best I have EVER seen. It's streamlined which makes enrollment a breeze, and changes are implemented up to the minute.

What do you dislike?

I have heard from our accounting people that Zenefits doesn't play nice with Paychex. That doesn't affect me directly, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to consider all current and future internal systems that will need to interact with Zenefits, to make sure it will function as needed.

No one enjoys enrolling in benefits. When you start a new job, you fill everything out and forget about it. With Zenefits, it was easy for me to enroll, and I can go back at any time to look at my information.

Zenefits review by Ryland S.
Ryland S.

"All in one HR resource"

What do you like best?

I love the user interface, how easy it is to navigate through the often-annoying features of HR software.

The branding of the software makes it feel like you're not completing paperwork

What do you dislike?

Some more help tutorials would be great.

More thorough help on choosing insurance plans would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep working on making insurance selection easier

Almost everything HR related.

Commuter Benefits

Time off

Pay Stubs

Insurance

"New to the game"

What do you like best?

My old company didn't have anything like Zenefits, so when I first saw it I was super impressed and happy. I like being able to submit claims for my commuter benefits on the dashbaord.

What do you dislike?

when it comes to health benefits, its weird that you can contact zenefits but they still have to contact the insurance company, seems like an unnecessary middle man

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have our payroll on another platform and are considering consolidating all to the other platform. Before investing in one or the other, make sure all the features you want are in one place. It is obnoxious to have to log into two different platforms.

Keeping our benefits in a centralized location

Zenefits review by Whitney K.
Whitney K.

"Zenefits for small businesses"

What do you like best?

It was simple to check out our current benefit information and to keep track of our pay stubs. Very simple to download and print paystubs on the go and from desk top computers.

What do you dislike?

It was not as simplified to use and had errors with our vacation accrual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider zenefits if you are a small company <50 employees. I would not consider this system for benefits if you have greater than 50 employees. It is difficult to manage and not always reliable for time off accrual or as comprehensive as other platforms can be to use.

We used zenefits as a platform to provide benefits information to our employees.

Zenefits review by Beth B.
Beth B.

"Best Member Services Specialist - Morgan Morrision"

What do you like best?

Morgan was the most KNOWLEDGEABLE and BEST support specialist that I have worked with while trying to set up my COBRA/individual health insurance. Morgan was able to research and answer every question I had and went out of her way to make sure my COBRA insurance would be available if needed. Morgan's follow-up and attention to details where unsurpassed. The other members of Zenefits were also outstanding always returning my emailing/calling me very promptly. Thank you so much!

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike anything. Everything was great for me.

I was trying to understand pricing, deadlines and availability of my COBRA health insurance for both myself and my spouse.

Zenefits review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Great platform for multiple HR initiatives"

What do you like best?

Simple place to go to and find necessary HR information. Easy to submit time off, review employee handbook for policies, view employee directory, setup flex transportation with spending card, and managing benefits.

What do you dislike?

Commuter benefits don’t decrease amounts as frequently as I would like. Hard to get sense what how much I currently have in my account.

Having a single place for HR management.

Zenefits review by Daniel T.
Daniel T.

"Speedy and Responsive"

What do you like best?

My on-boarding guy was awesome. It was one of the best on-boarding experiences I have ever had and I have been SaaS products for 10+ years. The product is fulfilling all my needs and has been easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, they make on-boarding employees way easier then the manual process I was using before signing up with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just used a single payroll provider previously with limited HR support. Now I use Zenefits and Zenpayroll and I can control everything I need 24 hours a day without waiting on other people.

I use to have to manage about 5 different signatures on different forms, offer letters, non-competes, standard employment docs, etc and all kinds of email back and forth with new employees. Now on-boarding takes me under 5 minutes per employee (more like 3 minutes) and I am done.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Renewables & Environment
Administrator in Renewables & Environment

"Great service, and great care team!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use! We were able to have this program running less than a day after we called. We fell in love with Zenefits as soon as we saw the demo. Their care team is so helpful, and always there to help. My users were able to set up their profiles in less than 45 minutes.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any complaints since I started using Zenefits. Any concern I may of had, I would call the support team, and they would walk me right through it. They are extremely reliable, and don't hesitate to ask if I need any further help, or ask if there is anything that they may do to help make my experience better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start here. It is free, and very easy to use. After a couple of minutes, you will realize that you have made the right choice.

HR was the reason why we started using this program. We wanted to stay in compliance and make sure we had everything covered. With a couple clicks of a button, we were up and running in no time. The benefits will start happening day one.

Zenefits review by Adam D.
Adam D.

"The Best HR Cloud Software you can get"

What do you like best?

Zenefits can manage everything from Payroll, to Vacation time, company doc. Zenefits is necessary for a company to run smoothly.

What do you dislike?

As much as I would love to find a negative about zenefits, it is easy to use and works great. So I will default to the drama that's been going on in the news lately, and maybe the price (but the price is a necessary evil for this great software)

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no tool out there as necessary for HR as Zenefits. It will be a standard some day.

Everything to do with Payroll and time tracking is now done in Zenefits, and it's done accurately every time. We would be paying someone thousands a month to manage these things without Zenefits.

Zenefits review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Using zenefits for HR/benefit tracking/centralization. "

What do you like best?

It has a very easy to use interface. It is also nice that everything is centralized, so all information is available to everyone from one place, and not in multiple emails.

What do you dislike?

We're not 100% sure if we are using zenefits to it's full potential. We are primarily using it for HR/benefits but know it can be used for more, just not 100% sure how and what.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We may not be using it to it's fullest potential so see exactly what it can do and how it can help you.

We are trying to use zenefits to centralize all HR/benefits/PTO tracking in one spot. This is working very well as all info is readily available, and different users can have different dashboards based on access level. It is very helpful to put info in and have it be fully accessible to the team 24/7 rather than having to send out multiple things over email chains which end up getting lost.

Zenefits review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Good for Automating HR"

What do you like best?

We have been using Zenefits for a month now and things are going well, it is leaps and bounds better than our old system. The tech is great!

What do you dislike?

There do let some things slide, they forgot one of our COBRAs which was not good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zenefits is a good system to implement. If you are smaller and have no trajectory to grow I would say Gusto is a good bet for you. However for us to scale we went with Zenefits and will soon integrate in ADP.

HR automation

"Love Zenefits"

What do you like best?

Helps me as an Admin that wears many hats in a small and quickly growing company! There are so many helpful features and you can start with a few to tryout and add more as you need. I also like that it integrates with other platforms we use.

What do you dislike?

I wish the integrations could do more in pushing info back and forth.

Keeping an accurate track for paid time off and keep all the details of an employees time at the business in one place. Helpful for signing up for insurance.

Zenefits review by Suzanne S.
Suzanne S.

"Company growing too fast and making my life difficult"

What do you like best?

Clean interface, pushes benefits changes to providers, moving to "one record" for employee information. Friendly, responsive account reps and customer support. Like that they are continually adding features and services.

What do you dislike?

Benefits changes not always pushed through (found many terms we were still paying for after in-depth invoice review,) promised open enrollment would go smoothly and have botched for two years now. Have to manually enter payroll data because ADP isn't happy with them. Time and Attendance product buggy and forces me to make many, time consuming manual edits; requiring that I review each day of each employee for problems. Time and Attendance page loads very slowly and causes back up when employees clock in/out for lunch (even though it is spread across multiple computers. Seriously takes 1 minute for each page load. They have acknowledged problem and we have super fast Wi-Fi, so not our site issue. no reporting functionality to alert you to the records that have the problems to clean up (multiple punches, missed punches, etc.)

No quick access to dependent data which I need at times (forcing me to manually collect from employees.) No reporting for I-9s to create paper copies as required in the State of California (not supposed to be kept in the same file as age, ethnicity, etc.) So again, having to go into each employee and print the I-9s. No alerts for incomplete I-9s.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Proceed with caution. We are in the process of untangling ourselves from a product that does not serve our needs.

One place to control onboarding/offboarding, cut down on manual processes and multiple contacts to health and other benefit insurance companies.

Product took me though busy growth period and assisted with onboarding.

Product has promise, but at this point is causing me massive, time consuming problems.

Zenefits review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Used to recommend, but seriously unhappy with the new (lack of) customer support"

What do you like best?

Efficient way to manage benefits, HR records and employee onboarding

What do you dislike?

Since the recent changes it is extremely difficult to reach anyone at Zenefits to resolve issues when things go wrong. We used to have contacts we could email and call directly. Now there is a ticketing system that it is very hard to get any response from. Very disappointed in this new level of service which has caused the drop in the rating above.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have previously been happy with the service offered, but currently have concerns about how hard it is to reach their support team for any issues not covered by the online tool. This has got much harder in the last few months with no direct means of communication other than by support tickets which often go unanswered or unresolved even for urgent issues.

Efficient way to manage benefits, HR records and employee onboarding when it works. But if you have a query that cannot be handled by the online tool, the recent drop in the level of support is disappointing.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Zenefits helping out small non-profits"

What do you like best?

That it takes care of so many parts of human resources. The on-boarding process, the health care, the taxes, the payroll, the time and attendance!

What do you dislike?

I would love to see the fee structure slightly different and more of a discount for non-profits. Especially in the way they count employees - as we are double counted for part time employees - who only work half a year. The other thing - has been errors on the part of Zenefits - which they haven't taken full responsibility or lack of communication about. Especially when it comes to garnishments.

I also find the site to be slow in loading. Finally - I'd like to have them implement tracking sick time for Part-time employees per Chicago laws.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall it's a great product for a small non-profit. Larger companies might need to look at the cost structure. I do find it it is slow to load.

Human Resources - health care, payroll, time and attendance, PTO tracking etc. This year we added Dental coverage to a couple of employees who were interested.

Zenefits review by Catherine S.
Catherine S.

"Zenefits was a diaster "

What do you like best?

Trying to find something to like about this product is hard when you wound up only having a single day to submit a healthcare enrollment application - December 31!

What do you dislike?

Zenefits was completely unresponsive to any of our questions. It created a complete nightmare for the woman who was managing our employee benefits and delays for all the employees electing coverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please search Google news for stories about this company and all the problems they've had. You'll be shocked.

The company thought Zenefits would be an easier way to manage employee benefits, but it wound up being a disaster. They only used this service for a few months before switching back to a traditional employee benefits company.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"A great tool for HR automation!"

What do you like best?

The vacation tracking, on-boarding process, org structure and other features have been great to work with. The product is really solving pain points that we had struggled with for years. The system is easy to use and the team really enjoys the ability to manage and view their PTO time.

What do you dislike?

There is little that I dislike about Zenefits as we have really enjoyed using it. However, it would be an improvement if the system integrated more closely with Outlook calendars regarding the PTO tracking. As a team, we need to see when all members are out on vacation and although its night to have a formal PTO approval process through Zenefits, the employees still manually need to enter the approved time to a company-wide accessible Outlook calendar.

We are using Zenefits for PTO Tracking, Salary Adjustment Tracking, Benefits Tracking, our Onboarding Process and a number of other uses. We have seen immediate benefit in terms of time saved and processes now automated instead of manually tracked or logged via email.

Zenefits review by User in Computer Software

"Good for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Zenefits consolidates two key functions of HR for small businesses - basic paperwork (taxes, bank, address, etc.) and benefits. Not only does it make administration easier, but it also presents the information in a sleek format for employees. As an employee, I can go onto Zenefits and quickly change the number of allowances on my tax form or view my W-4 for the past year, without having to first contact HR.

What do you dislike?

Zenefits could have more features, like integrating the recruiting process and employee concerns/complaints, to become a fuller platform for HR administration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Familiarize yourself with the product extensively before implementing it for your team. You don't want to accidentally send out an incorrect email or instructions because it's hard to make all employees re-learn the correct info.

Zenefits makes HR administration more efficient, so the team can spend more time dealing with issues and improving the employee experience. It's also a great centralized storage place for all employee paperwork, so we don't have to rely on external storage anymore (like Drive or Dropbox).

Zenefits review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Makes Offering Employee Benefits a Breeze"

What do you like best?

In a market where you need to be a large organization or have a ton of capital, Zenefits makes it easy for small business and startups to provide valuable benefits and attract the right candidates for their recruitment.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike here - the set up process can be lengthy, but it's to be expected when it comes to establishing benefits like health insurance and 401k.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering Zenefits, give them a call. Have them walk you through their services and get a quote. You'll be surprised just how different it is - it's practical a self-service benefits system for any sized company.

For startups, running efficiently is the only way to go - Zenefits offers a great structure of benefits for startups that's cost effective and easy to use for both employers and employees.

Zenefits review by Paul G.
Paul G.

"Great aggreation of services - tricky support"

What do you like best?

We really appreciate the aggregation of services in one spot as well as the renewal and plan description for enrollment and open enrollment.

What do you dislike?

Support is inconsistent. Originally support was handled via phone and expeditiously. 6 -9 months ago support changed and the time to get a response went from phone call that day to only being able to reach a rep by submitting a ticket online and having them call back in 24 hours which is not terribly consistent.

Using Zenfits has really moved us forward in administering our medical benefits and PTO tracking. It has truly helped us reduce HR / Benefits cycle time.

Zenefits review by Administrator

"Simple and user friendly"

What do you like best?

Zenefits has a very user friendly interface that simplifies the experience for the associates and for record keepers. The reports help keep things in order and the tools that are built in make human resource management easy. Everything is logical and support is rarely needed.

What do you dislike?

A few glitches. Having issues with uploading documents but support and engineers are already working on it

Employee appreciation is made simple when you can pull work anniversaries and birthdays and export them into excel and make a fun recognition calendar.

Zenefits review by Brittany L.
Brittany L.

"Zenefits Has a Great Product with Exceptional Customer Support!"

What do you like best?

Our company wanted to move to a system that was automated, integrated and efficient so we moved on to Zenefits. Zenefits customer service has been absolutely fantastic during the implementation process. Our company just moved out of implementation and our account manager is new, but is one of my favorite parts of Zenefits! We also love the brokerage piece of Zenefits. We were using BambooHR for our HRIS and loved it however it was missing the benefits piece.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see a little more customization of Zenefits. For example, within BambooHR, we were able to change the colors, the dashboard layout, etc. The dashboard included company announcements, birthday and work anniversaries, helpful links, etc. The reporting section of Zenefits isn't great because there is no customization after you've created the report. The user interface was much nicer in BambooHR so I would just suggest some enhancements in that area.

Our 401k provider is Fidelity and we found it a little shocking the only 401k provider that Zenefits works with was Ubiquity. We had never heard of this company before and were hesitant to switch! We decided to stick with Fidelity, even though the manual process would be there.

Our goal, as I stated before, is to eliminate manual processes. Zenefits solves this problem for us in a lot of ways. We have not been through open enrollment yet and have been on the system fully for less than one month. At this moment, there aren't a ton of benefits gained. I'd say the biggest one is any information changed in Zenefits is pushed automatically to the benefits carriers. This is a huge plus and saves administrative time and cost.

Zenefits review by Angela A.
Angela A.

"Excellent Onboarding tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, simple, modern. I really like this tool as a go between signed offer letter and start date.

What do you dislike?

I haven't come across anything I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy to implement tool for new hires, this is it! I highly recommend this tool.

New Hire Onboarding

Zenefits review by User in Computer Software

"Online Interface is Easy, But Doesn't Account for All Situations"

What do you like best?

What I love about Zenefits is the easy online interface. Having all benefits in one place reduces the need to go to different people about different things. I can manage everything in one place. Requesting time off is easy through Zenefits, and if I need to know anything about my benefits I can just log in rather than bothering our HR person.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Zenefits doesn't account for all family situations on its setup and in its forms. I have no next of kin besides my sister and Zenefits only provided options in its sign up for making a spouse or a child a beneficiary of its life insurance policies. I feel very strongly they should provide more options. Additionally, I am not a fan of their company reputation. The news stories about the company's culture are reprehensible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider whether your employees meet traditional family structures or whether they might need a more customized solution. If you have employees who do not fit the view of traditional family, push for more options to be provided in Zenefits forms.

We are solving for managing the benefits of a growing company without hiring a large support safe to manage them. We currently have one HR person who oversees benefits as well as HR for the whole company.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Zenefits"

What do you like best?

The customer service team has been awesome. Although Zenefits is missing some functionality we'd have in an ideal world, the team always helps us come up with creative solutions to make it work for what we need.

What do you dislike?

We have multiple affiliated businesses and I would love to be able to have a dashboard to update all of them at once.

Employee onboarding has become a ton easier! I love sending out offer letters through zenefits and having the employee accept and begin the onboarding process.

Zenefits review by Dahni B.
Dahni B.

"Good one stop shop for all HR related needs!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Zenefits make staying on top of all HR related needs for the company!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be a little glitchy with certain browsers but it's not a breaking point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the product more reliable on all browsers.

The biggest one is employee benefits and administering health insurance.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Mid Size Zenefits Customer"

What do you like best?

Always improving the product, highly customizable, easy setup and we were able to launch to our employees very quickly.

What do you dislike?

The standard automated emails that are sent out from the system are not customisable and we are not aware of which ones are sent and to whom they are sent.

No support for commission only employees

Onboarding was our driving force in adopting Zenefits and we like the custom fields a lot.

PTO and time tracking were also big things that we needed and are now very easily done within zenefits.

Zenefits review by Thomas F.
Thomas F.

"Zenefits sync to Gusto"

What do you like best?

Zenefits adds incremental value compared to the old mom & pop process of finding benefits. As Zenefits adds new features, the benefits matrix will be very disruptive.

The API sync to Gusto is a quantum leap. As employees add or drop dependents, you no longer need to manually calculate the deduction change and you do not manually input the change in payroll. Computers do it all for you and I have not had one error.

What do you dislike?

hurry up and finish the benefits matrix.

I would like the same automation and matrix you have for benefits around corporate insurance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it

I am a progressive CPA who provides cloud automation to clients. Technology like Zenefits allows me to run circles around my competitors.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Zenefits Review"

What do you like best?

-Cost

-Online Onboarding

-Employees can control their payment accounts, exemptions online.

What do you dislike?

-If you don't use Zenefits as a broker, you can do open enrollment

-Customer Service is average at best and can't handle complex issues. Poor communication when issues arise

Recommendations to others considering the product

1. It's very cost friendly but customer service is definitely lacking. If you need a quick and easy solution Zenefits is great. However, if you need assistance with complex issues you will be very frustrated.

Payroll, Storage of Employment documents, & Onboarding.

Zenefits review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Very poor experience so far"

What do you like best?

I've found very little to like so far, unless useless and slow, but polite, responses are likeable. Signing up seemed easy, but what really happened behind the scenes? (apparently not much)

What do you dislike?

Just about everything I've encountered about Zenefits has been unsatisfactory. I went to the website to verify coverage mid-January, it looked good, so I went to the eye doctor for an exam. Turns out that the insurance company had never heard of me, thus the info on the Zenefits site was premature at best (if not downright false). This turned into much more of a hassle than it should have, it took two weeks to verify coverage and reimbursement was not possible without returning in-person to the doctor's office. Other questions I've had about an FSA have been poorly answered. I've found Zenefits to do a lot of finger-pointing &/or self-absolution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I found information about my coverage, as posted on the Zenefits site, to be wrong (or at least severely premature). Be wary of believing the content to be accurate/timely.

I'm not sure what is solved by Zenefits, other than putting in another layer to further complicate matters between the patient and the insurers.

Zenefits review by Robby H.
Robby H.

"Does a ton of HR goodies but is still developing into the company that they want to be"

What do you like best?

I love the onboarding experience for new hires as well as the PTO tracking features

What do you dislike?

Bugginess of having your benefits managed by them- covering 50 states is hard and sometimes we have problems with them running our health and dental. It has gotten better each year but it's something to be on top of as a business owner/manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would avoid payroll integration for the time being still.

We needed a central place to store all our HR documents that was safe. This fits the bill and the electronic signatures are awesome and industry-leading for employment contracts and employee handbook acknowledgements.

Zenefits review by Mackenzie S.
Mackenzie S.

"Benefits done easy"

What do you like best?

Zenefits is very easy to use. Finding your insurance information, vacation days and employment documents is simple because it is all in on space.

What do you dislike?

This is an HR website, but it should really only be treated as a benefit and employee countertop. This isn't a real HR rep, it is only where functions related to benefits are conducted.

My agency uses Zenefits to make solving benefits related claims more streamlined for our CFO because we do not have an HR department at our agency.

Zenefits review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Convenience For All in the Office"

What do you like best?

I like that it is accessible to all the employees in the office. There was a great amount of support in setting up the account.

What do you dislike?

I wished that instead of having a general support line for any issues, that there was a direct contact I could go to with any questions or concerns just like there was during set up.

Before Zenefits, everyones information was in different places and in designated files in a cabinet. With Zeneftis, everything is conveniently online, and everyone has access to their personal information. It has also made communication in regards to vacation time clearer.

"Zenefits Review"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to navigate with simple apps. You don't have to use multiple drop downs to get to the data you're looking for like other HRIS options out there.

What do you dislike?

A bit more customization in the vacation policy area. We have several increased amounts of time available by title and by years of service but the system only allows for one.

Onboarding, Offboarding, Health Benefits, FSA, Commuter benefits and Performance Management

Zenefits review by User

"Good platform for HR management"

What do you like best?

The way to get in one place all the centralized data and documents about a worker.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it is hard to understand how many hours do we have available for vacations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a good hr tool check this one, it's easier to use and have all the data of your coworkers in one place.

Get in only one place all the data about all the company. We can also have departments and check data using filters.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Great for on-boarding!"

What do you like best?

The ease of on-boarding documentation and sign up for benefits. We love the email reminders and notifications we receive prompting us to complete on-boarding and benefits tasks.

Also have had great success with health benefits new enrollment and assistance with selecting new plans/providers.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations with integration. We are currently working to extract data surrounding PTO stats for a dashboard and it has not been seamless.

Streamlining/updating our on-boarding process. Managing our health benefits new enrollment process.

Zenefits review by Caroline M.
Caroline M.

"Good start to providing access for employees, but needs to be more end user friendly"

What do you like best?

We don't utilize all of the offerings of Zenefits, I like the ease of employees creating their time off requests and getting real time information on who's out.

What do you dislike?

The system doesn't appear to be user friendly. The dashboard doesn't come up automatically for employees and they are not sure where they are suppose to submit their requests, etc.

Currently working with someone on our insurance renewal, but as a new HR person to the company I'm not entirely sure where and what information is needed in order to secure our plan year for the next year.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Easy to learn"

What do you like best?

My favorite part is the document repository for all of the onboarding materials. Being able to run a report to see who has signed off on the document is a huge time-saver.

What do you dislike?

The reporting function is rudimentary. The lack of filters before you run a report means you have to filter and sort an already-run Excel spreadsheet, which can sometimes lead to errors.

The biggest problem we solve is that employees have to take responsibility for their benefits and personal information. For a long time HR had the tedious task of manually entering benefits information into various systems only to have something come out incorrect because of administrative error or sloppy handwriting.

Zenefits review by Nikita P.
Nikita P.

"Simple and Extensive"

What do you like best?

It looks great and is easy to use, with great support.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see more integrations, possibly on the 401K side.

Streamlines hiring/onboarding, as well as payroll and time off requests, are the in terms of saving time.

Zenefits review by User in Computer Software

"Comprehensive & Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

The feature I use the most is the PTO/time off feature. It's easy to use and helps me keep track of the time I take off. I also like being able to see the information for everyone in my company!

What do you dislike?

Some features that I use less often can feel a little slow when I do try to use them, but it's a small inconvenience.

It streamlines normal HR processes and puts them onto one website. It's also easily accessible from anywhere, which is good when people work from home or long distance.

Zenefits review by Andrea C.
Andrea C.

"Zenefits - easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and navigable. The old software I used (Oracle), was very slow and had to go through a bunch of tabs before you got where you wanted to be.

What do you dislike?

It can be confusing how it resets when you request time off. I thought I had accidentally requested vacation one time when I did in fact select sick time.

Easily tracking hours and has available information on benefits

Zenefits review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use on-boarding tools "

What do you like best?

When I first got started at Presence, then Check I'm Here, all of my on-boarding information was easy and painless. No lengthy meetings with HR, no complicated hoops to jump through. Everything was in Zenefits for me to fill out, sign and save. It's all there for me to go back to whenever I need to.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I don't use Zenefits all that much as a member of the team, so there's not too much time for me to interact with it and find any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes it so easy to on-board employees and get them all the info they need, especially as a small business/ start up without an HR administrator.

On-boarding people is much much easier, especially as a rapidly growing company with no HR administrator.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"Zenefits is the way to go!"

What do you like best?

We went through five different benefits providers and Zenefits is hands down the best. They take a minimalist approach to a ridiculous industry and they definitely the best at it.

What do you dislike?

The only issue we had was switching payroll providers from ADP run because they would not work with Zenefits, but that turned into a blessing in disguise as we now use Zenpayroll and they are great as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What we did was upload all of our employees into Zenefits prior to making Zenefits our broker just to test the platform and it totally sold us on the technology.

Having a login for each employee to access their own Zenefits portal is a huge bonus from our old plan. They are also able to see how much money the company is paying for their benefits which makes every employee extremely appreciative.