Zenefits

Zenefits

Zenefits gives you a single place to manage your payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance -- all online, all in one beautiful dashboard. No more paperwork. No more headaches.

Work for Zenefits?

Learning about Zenefits?

Zenefits Reviews

Ask Zenefits a Question
Showing 170 Zenefits reviews
Zenefits review by <span>Greg H.</span>
Greg H.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

It was good, now great, soon to be better!

What do you like best?

Payroll processing, Built in performance management, company directory, great and easy to access customer service. I love having our benefits integrated and having a one stop shop essentially for all aspects of HR.

I love that they are constantly growing and rolling out new updates that have both functionality and compliance in mind. The performance management tool isnt much yet, but it is a very promising app that should make Zenefits a ones stop shop for all of our companies needs. Apart from that the mobile app is easy to use and make time and attendance is easy to use as an administrator and as a user.

What do you dislike?

Reports are poor. They are getting better and have had some improvements. I hope the payroll reports improve so I dont have to continue to make my own each payroll run. Their customer service is only accessible via chat, email or phone call. Now that my sound like its an amazing aspect but you submit tickets and wait for them to call you back. Not too convenient when you actually want to talk to a real person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use EVERYTHING before launch. Make sure your specialists actually call you and teach you how to use it rather than letting them just email you.

The benefits we are using are health, medical, dental and then out other coinsurances. They integrate well and working with the other apps they have is easy and a HUGE bonus.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zenefits
Zenefits review by <span>Nicolas C.</span>
Nicolas C.

Everything HR in one place and simplified

What do you like best?

What I like best from Zenefits I think is their customer service approach. They know that even-though a user can do everything through the platform, there are processes that are completed offline by third parties. Having always someone willing te help you find out what's going with those off-platform processes is great.

On the other hand, the platform is beautiful. It is very intuitive and it has the perfect balance between modern and professional.

Additionally, you can manage the whole HR process on it. Before Zenefits I remember we had to make a lot pf phone calls and emails to coordinate everything. Today all of that is on the platform, so there's no more overhead and my HR team has more time to work on other stuff.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything from Zenefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend starting with the first tier and then move up if needed. Customer service is really good to helo you understand the setup process.

Before using Zenefits we had to handle everything manually on different platforms and/or offline. Multiple points of contacts created multiple single points of failure. It was messy. Zenefits has allowed us to consolidate everything employee related in a single place and it makes both HR and Administrative people lives easier. Think of Zenefits as a bridge between employees, the HR team and the brokers. In the platform we now can manage all the processes that involve those three parties.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Zenefits review by <span>Ashley E.</span>
Ashley E.

Great portal to hold employee information

What do you like best?

Zenefits streamlines the place to go for employees to see any benefits our company offers or employees' personal benefits. The look of the portal is very clean and nice, easy to use and pretty intuitive. The dashboard for each user is great because it highlights the main areas that one would need to access often. I often use the commuter benefits portion to check how I've been using those benefits. Or, the vacation time portal to request time off, whether it's PTO or sick time.

What do you dislike?

The tool for hierarchy and teams isn't the most intuitive to use and the functionality seems a bit dated. I wish there was a more robust way to show how all the teams in the company are connected to each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Zenefits, know that the portal holds the information it has populated from the integration you have set for it. For example, if your insurance company policies give certain information to Zenefits regarding your coverage, it will reflect that in the portal however it could be missing information or could be incorrect—so you must defer to your actual documentation to assure it's correct.

There are great features like the Vacation portal for PTO and Sick Time, insurance info, payroll, and commuter benefits. Additionally, HR policies and contracts can be created and held within the portal. It creates one space to hold all HR and employee materials that they would need.

Zenefits review by <span>Kath F.</span>
Kath F.

Initial adopter of Zenefits, we have seen a lot of changes

What do you like best?

Zenefits has had a lot of ups and downs, but it is constantly changing and evolving. There is no doubt how much time and money Zenefits has saved us as a small company in gathering information, tracking people, tracking insurance, hiring, terminating, and payroll. I think by far the best feature that we utilize with Zenefits is payroll. It took our payroll process down from 8 hours to 30 minutes. It used to be a two person process that would involve a day of double checking numbers and now I do it myself within 30 minutes and Zenefits always does the math right and remembers things that I would not.

Also, I love documents. We can track all of our employee documents here and it is such a relief. Also, we can send yearly documents that need to be signed or updated. This is such a time save.

What do you dislike?

We have yet to have a very wonderful experience with Zenefit's insurance brokerage. They used to do it in house and it was just a disaster for someone that wasn't from California, where they are located. We struggled in Georgia with a lack of knowledge from their brokers, and an inability to advise us on crucial things like HSA's and FSA's. They have changed their process and are now using a different agency, and I can't wait to see what this process is like (and they are in Atlanta, too!)

Also, their time off app needs tweaking. I LOVE having a time off app and it is so useful, but the way that it calculates available time is just wonky and none of my employees seem to understand it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a company that listens and makes the right changes in the right direction. I have never felt my voice heard as well as I do with Zenefits.

1. Keeping track of important personal employee files

2. Processing insurance and tracking benefits

3. Tracking ETO/PTO

4. General HR questions

5. Payroll

6. Employee onboarding

As the HR Contact, I use this software on a daily basis. It helps me with so many things. My employees know they have it and occasionally have to use it for things like ETO or checking their paystubs, but don't need to bother it, and that's how I like it.

Zenefits review by <span>Jack C.</span>
Jack C.

So far the best HR software

What do you like best?

Zenefits helps us to manage our HR department much easier. Candidates are always on track, the moment when people accept the offers we will be notified immediately. We also begin to consider using it's payroll function in the near future. The platform is clean and nice, easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is more frustrating when you are about to discuss with the new employees about their 401(k) and the website shows it encounter system issues. The cost for each employee is also an interesting issue, since it charges us by the number of employees. Wish they can do a bundle sale, for instance, different price sets for 1-10, 11-49, 50-100 employees, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider changing the price setting. It will encourage more start-ups to use Zenefits if it offers more flexible price based on the current number of employees and the future growth.

Onboarding, benefits, and hopefully payroll next year.

Zenefits review by <span>Tracy M.</span>
Tracy M.

Everything wrapped into one!

What do you like best?

Zenefits is one stop for all of your HR needs. It is easy to use for admins as well as staff. Customer service is impeccable. I have never been let down by this company when I need to get in touch with them.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with Zenefits. Once you get everything entered in; the software takes over. If you have questions; customer service is easily reachable and their response time is amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you will see that it is a wonderful tool to have within your business.

Zenefits just added payroll so I am anxious to explore that and possibly add that to my HR package. All employee info is stored here as well as all of our benefits packages. It it very helpful to all of us when we have a question.

Learn more about Zenefits

Zenefits Videos

Learning about Zenefits?

* We monitor all Zenefits reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.