Zenefits

Zenefits

4.0

Zenefits gives you a single place to manage your payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance -- all online, all in one beautiful dashboard. No more paperwork. No more headaches.

Work for Zenefits?

Learning about Zenefits?

Zenefits Reviews

Ask Zenefits a Question
Showing 208 Zenefits reviews
Zenefits review by Gina K.
Gina K.
View Original

"A fan of Zenefits from day one"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zenefits
Zenefits review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"Does The Job, with Minor Headache"

What do you like best?

It's been great having all of our employees and incoming hires in one place, along with all of their documents. As a rapidly growing and developing business, we need to keep all of our documents online. Zenefits lets us keep all employees' documents and onboarding materials in one easy-to-find place. The Time Off tools that keep us on top of who's in and out of the office has also proven useful. The dashboard looks great and makes Zenefits easy to navigate. Customizable enough when we need to create different policies for different teams.

What do you dislike?

Their Support services could use improvement-- slow response time, and not the highest quality of support and advising. Of the issues that have come up, I'd say 60% of them go unresolved. We've always had a problem with the automated PTO accrual that creates a headache for us throughout the year, especially so when our PTO accrual and insurance policies renew. It seems as though Zenefits is still in Beta, always discovering and working out chinks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've run into a lot of issues with employee benefits and PTO with Zenefits, but we wouldn't switch to another platform.

Organizing and consolidating our onboarding and employee tracking. Zenefits streamlines our onboarding process and makes hiring headache-free. We manage about 100 young, part-time employees, in addition to about 75 full-time staff. They have, for the most part, found Zenefits easy to use to manage their needs.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Zenefits review by David C.
David C.

"Simple and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Smooth experience, it's so much easier than managing it manually. Support team at benefits are a great help when needed. Zenefit's real strengths are on boarding, off boarding, health benefit enrollment and COBRA management. They get better and better with features they continue to add, i.e. FSA, Commuter Benefits, PTO, Reporting etc have been added and is seamless these days.

What do you dislike?

When they buy new software, they should take more time to integrate the product. I think they learnt their lessons on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really an easy system to use and much better than trying to manage outside of a system. Zenefit's real strengths are on boarding, off boarding, health benefit enrollment and COBRA management. They get better and better with features they continue to add, i.e. FSA, Commuter Benefits, PTO, Reporting etc have been added and is seamless these days.

Onboarding, Offboarding, Health Benefits, FSA, Commuter benefits

Zenefits review by Christopher W.
Christopher W.

"Great and getting better"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Zenefits is always improving. I was with them when they were a free platform and now that they are paid. I am waiting for full scheduling functionality before I move on to transferring all of my human resources programs.

What do you dislike?

I think that their systems can be visually more appealing. It's better than most in the market, but I like something bright and clean looking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zenefits is a good choice if you are looking to consolidate different programs into one. I would ask what exactly are you looking for; for example, if you are looking just for payroll, an HR software with that may be too much, but if you are looking to have a seamless program for all of your employees this program may be a good choice to consider.

I am tired of having a thousand apps all over the damn place. Zenefits is a solution to have everything under one roof. It is in Zenefits business model to continue to grow and encompass more human resources needs.

Zenefits review by Veronica H.
Veronica H.

"My Experience with Zenefits "

What do you like best?

Zenefits is a very cost efficient brokerage of benefits and HRIS system with some great tools, such as US employee onboarding and benefits enrollment, cobra administration, and commuter benefit offerings. It’s great to have a benefits broker that comes along with an HRIS system.

What do you dislike?

There have been many quirks with the software, mainly the lack of effective dating, the validity of some reports data, and the lack of customer service. Recently I will say, the reporting and customer service have slightly improved but it is still hard to truly trust the data like I can with ADP and other systems.

Commuter benefit issues with employer contributions have been a challenge for 2 plan years. Effective dating I have been told is an issue that Zenefits is aware of but not yet working on, which really is baffling to me since it is very important. I do like the cobra administration, time and attendance module and ease of US employee onboarding, while still awaiting these features for international entities.

Zenefits review by Greg H.
Greg H.

"It was good, now great, soon to be better!"

What do you like best?

Payroll processing, Built in performance management, company directory, great and easy to access customer service. I love having our benefits integrated and having a one stop shop essentially for all aspects of HR.

I love that they are constantly growing and rolling out new updates that have both functionality and compliance in mind. The performance management tool isnt much yet, but it is a very promising app that should make Zenefits a ones stop shop for all of our companies needs. Apart from that the mobile app is easy to use and make time and attendance is easy to use as an administrator and as a user.

What do you dislike?

Reports are poor. They are getting better and have had some improvements. I hope the payroll reports improve so I dont have to continue to make my own each payroll run. Their customer service is only accessible via chat, email or phone call. Now that my sound like its an amazing aspect but you submit tickets and wait for them to call you back. Not too convenient when you actually want to talk to a real person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use EVERYTHING before launch. Make sure your specialists actually call you and teach you how to use it rather than letting them just email you.

The benefits we are using are health, medical, dental and then out other coinsurances. They integrate well and working with the other apps they have is easy and a HUGE bonus.

Zenefits review by Nicolas C.
Nicolas C.

"Everything HR in one place and simplified"

What do you like best?

What I like best from Zenefits I think is their customer service approach. They know that even-though a user can do everything through the platform, there are processes that are completed offline by third parties. Having always someone willing te help you find out what's going with those off-platform processes is great.

On the other hand, the platform is beautiful. It is very intuitive and it has the perfect balance between modern and professional.

Additionally, you can manage the whole HR process on it. Before Zenefits I remember we had to make a lot pf phone calls and emails to coordinate everything. Today all of that is on the platform, so there's no more overhead and my HR team has more time to work on other stuff.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything from Zenefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend starting with the first tier and then move up if needed. Customer service is really good to helo you understand the setup process.

Before using Zenefits we had to handle everything manually on different platforms and/or offline. Multiple points of contacts created multiple single points of failure. It was messy. Zenefits has allowed us to consolidate everything employee related in a single place and it makes both HR and Administrative people lives easier. Think of Zenefits as a bridge between employees, the HR team and the brokers. In the platform we now can manage all the processes that involve those three parties.

Zenefits review by Ashley E.
Ashley E.

"Great portal to hold employee information"

What do you like best?

Zenefits streamlines the place to go for employees to see any benefits our company offers or employees' personal benefits. The look of the portal is very clean and nice, easy to use and pretty intuitive. The dashboard for each user is great because it highlights the main areas that one would need to access often. I often use the commuter benefits portion to check how I've been using those benefits. Or, the vacation time portal to request time off, whether it's PTO or sick time.

What do you dislike?

The tool for hierarchy and teams isn't the most intuitive to use and the functionality seems a bit dated. I wish there was a more robust way to show how all the teams in the company are connected to each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Zenefits, know that the portal holds the information it has populated from the integration you have set for it. For example, if your insurance company policies give certain information to Zenefits regarding your coverage, it will reflect that in the portal however it could be missing information or could be incorrect—so you must defer to your actual documentation to assure it's correct.

There are great features like the Vacation portal for PTO and Sick Time, insurance info, payroll, and commuter benefits. Additionally, HR policies and contracts can be created and held within the portal. It creates one space to hold all HR and employee materials that they would need.

Zenefits review by Kath F.
Kath F.

"Initial adopter of Zenefits, we have seen a lot of changes"

What do you like best?

Zenefits has had a lot of ups and downs, but it is constantly changing and evolving. There is no doubt how much time and money Zenefits has saved us as a small company in gathering information, tracking people, tracking insurance, hiring, terminating, and payroll. I think by far the best feature that we utilize with Zenefits is payroll. It took our payroll process down from 8 hours to 30 minutes. It used to be a two person process that would involve a day of double checking numbers and now I do it myself within 30 minutes and Zenefits always does the math right and remembers things that I would not.

Also, I love documents. We can track all of our employee documents here and it is such a relief. Also, we can send yearly documents that need to be signed or updated. This is such a time save.

What do you dislike?

We have yet to have a very wonderful experience with Zenefit's insurance brokerage. They used to do it in house and it was just a disaster for someone that wasn't from California, where they are located. We struggled in Georgia with a lack of knowledge from their brokers, and an inability to advise us on crucial things like HSA's and FSA's. They have changed their process and are now using a different agency, and I can't wait to see what this process is like (and they are in Atlanta, too!)

Also, their time off app needs tweaking. I LOVE having a time off app and it is so useful, but the way that it calculates available time is just wonky and none of my employees seem to understand it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a company that listens and makes the right changes in the right direction. I have never felt my voice heard as well as I do with Zenefits.

1. Keeping track of important personal employee files

2. Processing insurance and tracking benefits

3. Tracking ETO/PTO

4. General HR questions

5. Payroll

6. Employee onboarding

As the HR Contact, I use this software on a daily basis. It helps me with so many things. My employees know they have it and occasionally have to use it for things like ETO or checking their paystubs, but don't need to bother it, and that's how I like it.

Zenefits review by Jack C.
Jack C.

"So far the best HR software"

What do you like best?

Zenefits helps us to manage our HR department much easier. Candidates are always on track, the moment when people accept the offers we will be notified immediately. We also begin to consider using it's payroll function in the near future. The platform is clean and nice, easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is more frustrating when you are about to discuss with the new employees about their 401(k) and the website shows it encounter system issues. The cost for each employee is also an interesting issue, since it charges us by the number of employees. Wish they can do a bundle sale, for instance, different price sets for 1-10, 11-49, 50-100 employees, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider changing the price setting. It will encourage more start-ups to use Zenefits if it offers more flexible price based on the current number of employees and the future growth.

Onboarding, benefits, and hopefully payroll next year.

Zenefits review by Tracy M.
Tracy M.

"Everything wrapped into one!"

What do you like best?

Zenefits is one stop for all of your HR needs. It is easy to use for admins as well as staff. Customer service is impeccable. I have never been let down by this company when I need to get in touch with them.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike with Zenefits. Once you get everything entered in; the software takes over. If you have questions; customer service is easily reachable and their response time is amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you will see that it is a wonderful tool to have within your business.

Zenefits just added payroll so I am anxious to explore that and possibly add that to my HR package. All employee info is stored here as well as all of our benefits packages. It it very helpful to all of us when we have a question.

Zenefits review by Jameson S.
Jameson S.

"Fantastically easy-to-use time saver for our small business"

What do you like best?

We've used Zenefits for 2.5 years. Despite the "automation" nature of their products, I've been very impressed with how personal the service is. Each of the Zenefits reps I've dealt with has not only been friendly, but super responsive and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

They seem to have recovered well from the CEO shakeup and turmoil from 2016, but it's something that sticks at the back of your mind - are they stable enough for us to keep relying on them more and more? My sense is that they are, but it's hard sometimes not to wonder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using it for the free features, it's hard to go wrong. There's very little risk. That's how they get your attention, and it's a neat model.

We're onboarding new employees with ease and we've automated our Annual Enrollment process. We're currently considering using them for payroll too.

Zenefits review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"Streamlined & Integrated HR Platform "

What do you like best?

One stop shopping for all of the HR processes. From onboarding to payroll, health benefits, PTO, performance management through termination. It provides one place to efficiently organize/manage and securely document/store everything along the way. Employees have 24/7 access to their pay stubs and PTO requests.

What do you dislike?

There have been some changes in customer support. It was great when I had one contact who could give me personalized and immediate help. It's improving now, with more options for help like chat and a support line. But the more services there are, the more the help gets dispersed. It's product-specific help rather than someone knowing me and my company. That can feel scattered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are videos and tutorials for you to see the navigation. This is very helpful in understanding and experiencing first hand how the apps work. It's very intuitive and easy to use. If you have considered an online HR tool, you must consider Zenefits.

We are more compliant. We are more consistent. We are more timely. The integration of all of the processes into one streamlined tool is so valuable. It gives us more time to do our work and focus on servicing our clients.

Zenefits review by Jihee K.
Jihee K.

"Huge Improvement"

What do you like best?

Zenefits has gone thru a lot of changes THANKFULLY and as a customer for 3 years now, I've seen a huge improvement and I hope it doesn't end. Specifically, I like how much easier open enrollment is now.

What do you dislike?

There certainly are areas of improvement but I think the more you communicate with them, they're able to find ways to make the platform work for your needs. It's really the only way to get things fixed.

But if I had to point out one (tiny) flaw, it's when offer letters are resent, they candidate does not get notified. We need to actually email the candidate to log back in to Zenefits to view their updated offer. It's minor. I know.

Zenefits is our main HR platform and it takes care of all of our benefits. I'm pretty happy with it.

Zenefits review by Adriana L.
Adriana L.

"Easy use experience."

What do you like best?

I think that Zenefits is well-designed and has an intuitive user interface. It makes payroll much easier, employees enter their hours quickly and managers are able to review the hours and quickly resolve issues. It is fast and convenient for employees to update their information. It was really easy to onboard a new employee.

What do you dislike?

There is no good way to enter information for flex days, we have to approve it through managers and log it as regular hours worked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for a small company. Payroll and all the information is available to the employees, making HR issues a lot easier to deal with.

Employees can quickly view medical, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plans, this cuts down on the amount of searching employees need to do, keeping all information in one location.

Zenefits review by Alex F.
Alex F.

"Zenefits - initial impression"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of HR resources in one place... It's really a promising platform if you live where you can take advantage of everything they offer! After talking to my sales person, I also have a lot of confidence that new features are coming.

(Update - 4 months in and Zenefits is full of bugs and problems. Unfortunately, they lured us into pre-paying for an annual service, and they have a no-refund policy. Escalating concerns with Zenefits is a nightmare - I'm supposed to be on a call with them now, but the rep no-showed for our scheduled call. Don't waste your money!)

What do you dislike?

Many services aren't offered in Delaware. We couldn't use them for health insurance or for payroll - 2 of the key reasons we wanted the platform. That being said, we like it enough that we signed up and are waiting for those services to be made available in Delaware!

(4 months in - Still no Delaware Payroll....but lots of product bugs to report. Buttons on the platform that don't go anywhere... slow responses from escalation support, and no refunds if you're not happy... Stay away!)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if they don't offer everything in your state, the solution is still solid! We are glad we made the switch!

(4 months in and Zenefits is why I drink... this platform gets worse by the day!)

We will eventually be able to put all of our HR in one place. Employees will have quick easy access to payroll and HR forms, in the same portal they use to clock in and out every day.

(4 months in - causing more problems than it solves for... We were better off with the disjointed systems we had in place before!)

"AWESOME HR platform! "

What do you like best?

I like that it's one stop for all HR needs that includes on boarding, benefits, reports, record keeping and much, much more.

What do you dislike?

They don't have a reputable 401K partner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small company and growing either quickly or steadily, Zenefits is the way to go. It gives you back your time, saves time when it comes to ob boarding new hires, open enrollment, any employee changes are made easily. Hiring syncs with Lever - ATS. Support is responsive if you have an issue.

You're saving money by using Zenefits, not saving with a PEO. With a PEO you have no insight or control of anything, you rely on the PEO and it's not good. They are not always available and anything you need you have to rely on them. Why do that when you can save money by using Zenefits.

The company has insight into what we're spending on benefits, we went from paper on boarding to paperless. Employees can update their information on their own, we can run our own reports or use the customized ones that are provided. A lot of information is at our fingertips when it wasn't before since we were using a PEO.

On boarding a new hire is easy and free!

Zenefits review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Streamlines HR with a few hiccups along the way"

What do you like best?

I love that all of our HR 'stuff' can be collected in one place. Less paperwork means less headaches for everyone. The interface is very user friendly, and I love the 'time off' management tool.

What do you dislike?

We've had some problems with the software not automating region specific HR compliance like its supposed to do. Additionally, their new 'we'll call you' approach to customer service is highly annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The interface is very user friendly, and employees like that they can easily track and manage their benefits all in one place.

Zenefits allows us to keep track of all relevant "HR" paperwork, manage employee time off, and administer/manager insurance and commuter benefits.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Thank you Zenefits!"

What do you like best?

It is a super easy to use tool for all hiring and firing needs. Not only did I pick it up in less than a day - the support staff they have goes above and beyond to help!

What do you dislike?

I've noticed sometimes it will populate an employee twice when I'm trying to onboard but that's a simple fix on my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly suggest using Zenefits for your company, it's made our lives much easier when it comes to keeping track of employees.

All HR hiring/firing. It's made it beyond easy to on-board and off-board employees. Easily keep track of all employee documents and start days. I LOVE the calendar feature so I can better keep track of birthday's, too. This feature makes it a lot easier to plan things for up coming birthfays.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Save yourself from HR admin - get Zenefits. "

What do you like best?

Our team uses Zenefits everyday for a wide variety of functions: offer letters, employee onboarding, background checks, data reporting, COBRA administration, payroll, Time & Attendance, Time Off, Open Enrollment, ACA Compliance, FSAs, 401(k), etc. It is safe to say we are "power users." One of the best things about Zenefits is how much customer feedback they accept and how the product has continued to evolve during the last three years that we have been using it. We have also appreciated the responsiveness of our customer rep.

Our time savings from eliminating paperwork is very hire (would probably need at least 1 additional FTE if we didn't have the product), we are more compliant than we would be otherwise, and our employees have never required training on the product.

What do you dislike?

Payroll can run slowly at times, configuring the time off app is not intuitive, and the permissions sets available to admin needs to be more customizable. It would be nice if there was an app for FMLA compliance in Zenefits as well (but they do have some useful help center materials about it). I would also like a repository of HR documents that employees could access in Zenefits that the HR team could update.

We are solving an administrative burden, compliance, communicating with staff, etc. We also have everything in a one-stop location which makes it easier for employees.

Zenefits review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"Great for small teams that don't have an HR person "

What do you like best?

Zenefits makes it easy for me to manage information about my employees, adjust salaries, approve time off, and much more. Zenefits streamlined a process that was once cumbersome because I needed multiple systems for payroll, time off, and other benefits. I was in charge of HR (even though it wasn't my full time role) and Zenefits made it easy for me to figure things out.

What do you dislike?

Some employees complained about not being able to find information easily, but it was more user error than a problem with Zenefits. I trained my employees on how to request time off, how to see their benefits, adjust their 401ks, and after I coached them nobody seemed to struggle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set Zenefits up properly to save you headaches. I recommend putting everything (insurance plans, employee handbook, PTO tracker, commuter benefits, contact information, etc.) in Zenefits. If you only use half of it, you're missing out on the advantage of keeping all of your HR/benefits in one place.

Keeping all HR and benefits related things in one place. I no longer have to search a spreadsheet to know how many days off someone has left in the year!

Zenefits review by Administrator

"Everything you need in one place"

What do you like best?

All your HR needs in one place. We have employees in more than one location all over the country. Zenefits makes onboarding easier and it happens with far fewer emails. It also offers a lot of safety where employees do not have to send sensitive information via email.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the services are offered to us due to locations where we operate. We cannot run payroll or add contractors because of where we do business. We are also unable to sync with our benefits provider

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for small businesses with employees in several work locations

Keeps our HR department more organized and accessible anywhere. It is more secure and frees up a lot of space for storing paper files. Our employees like that they have access to all of their paperwork and are able to make any changes to tax withholding or direct deposit very easily.

Zenefits review by Teresa B.
Teresa B.

"Great for small/medium business"

What do you like best?

Zenefits helps keep a good portion of HR paperwork all in one spot. HR always has a tremendous amount of paperwork and deadlines, so it's amazing to find a product to keep a lot of that chaos all in one spot. We use Zenefits for our benefits, onboarding, documents, tracking and reminder for training, and several other features. It has organized and decreased the amount of paper on my desk by a lot. One great feature is that it's fairly easy to customize to fit to your company rather than the company trying to fit to the software. We continue to find new ways to utilize it which makes it easy for me to justify it to the CFO & ED. We have definitely found efficiency and effectiveness with this product. For any business that can't afford the ridiculous prices they have for other software, Zenefits has a great bang for the buck!

What do you dislike?

Although I love Zenefits, there have been some bumps in the road. We've been using Zenefits for two years and it has definitely changed a lot in those two years. Sometimes things are changed without the best of communication, but it is getting better than it was two years ago. And truthfully, even though some of the changes surprised me, most of them really were good changes, so that helped. There are a few things within the categories I use that I would change for my particular business, but that would happen with any software. They are, however, very good about listening to their customers on what they want changed. All in all, not a lot to gripe about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Zenefits, especially to any company that would like to ease into software to help with their HR needs. Zenefits is pretty easy to use, which is nice when starting a new software in a business. Make sure to utilize part of it you can, it will save you money in the long run.

It has tremendously limited our benefits paperwork, which is amazing! It has also streamlined our onboarding process and I have only heard positive feedback from our new hires. We also use the ACA tool, which has saved our company money and made it fairly easy to follow those regulations. The documents section has also changed several of our processes and helped us stay compliant with state agency regulations we must follow.

Zenefits review by Nicholas A.
Nicholas A.

"Benefits made simple (although sometimes, too simple)"

What do you like best?

It's great having everything in one place—PTO, insurance information, and FSA. Given how utterly awful web portals for benefits usually are, it's great to use something that actually functions like you would expect from a real, modern web page.

What do you dislike?

It's clear they've tried to streamline and simplify the process—however, some things (like health insurance) are complicated in their very nature, and perhaps should stay that way. Zenefits seems to encourage you to "click through" and just get your medical benefits set up as painlessly as possible, when in reality you should probably be enduring a little pain to dig into and think about the details of your coverage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to encourage your employees to look through all the details of their insurances and flex account plans, because these plans are complicated and a lot of potential pitfalls are hidden in the details.

I'm an employee using Zenefits as the way to get my benefits. The "benefits" are having my benefits in one place, and being able to set everything up online (health insurance, FSA, etc), without having to wait on hold with a call center or use a fax machine or do anything else that shouldn't be required in they year 2017.

Zenefits review by Tammy K.
Tammy K.

"Good program, ahead of its time"

What do you like best?

The automated ability to handle our benefits. In this day and age, I am surprised it took so long to make the benefits enrollment and termination process an automated one. Zenefits was a leader in implementing this platform, which has since been implemented by others.

What do you dislike?

I believe the paid pricing modules are a little steep. It's not that they don't provide good additions, but the pricing is a little above what the paid products warrant.

I love the fact that my employees know what benefits they are eligible for and are reminded repeatedly that they need to act or lose their eligibility, without this falling solely on MY shoulders. This has been immensely helpful, as well as the the ability to see at a glance who has what benefits, and what their cost is.

Zenefits review by Betsy P.
Betsy P.

"Zenefits Review"

What do you like best?

I love that all employee paperwork is accessible in one spot. Also, it makes open enrollment so much easier. Plus, the reporting is excellent!

What do you dislike?

I'd like to use Zenefits HRA/FSA offering, but we can't set it up with Zenefits the way we use at TrueWealth. As a result, we use MedCom. I'd love to move all HR to Zenefits if I could.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to current customers and find out the creative ways they use Zenefits. It is amazing all the new stuff I learn from being involved with ClubZen and the Community Group.

To have HR in one place, such as benefits, payroll, 401k, PTO, time keeper; better system for employee paperwork

Zenefits review by Lauren A.
Lauren A.

"Zenefits Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to request time off and access my paycheck easily. I also like that commuter benefits are built into this and also easily accessible.

What do you dislike?

Zenefits recently messed up our companies benefits, so I am still unsure as to whether or not im insured at the moment because of this. This should have been something they jumped on top of ASAP but from what I heard they were not very sympathetic considering it was their mess up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its not the worst, not the best.

I wouldn't say its solving any problems. Its just an easy way to see your benefits, payroll, ect...

Zenefits review by David K.
David K.

"Cloud-based all-in-one HR Management Software"

What do you like best?

One Stop HR. Ease of use, integration of employee management info both from admin and employee pov, user interface, HR compliance resourcing.

What do you dislike?

As an early adopter, Zenefits is continually improving. Until recently, customer service and additional services (like FSA) lacked effective problem resolution and solutions orientation (significantly improving!).

Needs Org Chart capability. Reporting is limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on size and budget of your company, Zenefits provides great HR management software solutions! Easy for employees to use. Benefits admin integrates benefits well. A big value-add!

HR benefits admin (medical, dental, vision, FSA), employee management software (PTO tracking, employee database). Provides employee info and access to review and manager their info.

Zenefits review by Kristi B.
Kristi B.

"All-in-one"

What do you like best?

Zenefits makes our on-boarding process so easy for us and our new employees. Everything is in one place, and easy to use. It is nice to have the support they provide as well. We just went through open enrollment, and it was so easy to pick our new plan and get everyone signed up who was interested.

What do you dislike?

The only think I dislike is that we don't run our payroll through them so we have to send documents to our payroll provider.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a shot. I know there was some bad press around them, but we never experienced any of that. And, they have been very easy to work with the whole time. They communicate well, and you can reach them by phone or email. The follow up even when they don't have an update yet, but want you to know they are still working on items for you.

Compliance across the board.

Zenefits review by Sam C.
Sam C.

"Excellent adoption across all users"

What do you like best?

Configuration and overall setup of the system is intuitive and it's clear what is possible and not within workflows and available fields. What really sets it apart is the ease of adoption for users - with just a few tips, employees and managers can complete their tasks.

What do you dislike?

In some cases there is a trade-off to get the simplicity which limits alternate configurations for different employee segments. Also, training videos posted on youtube doesn't seem appropriate for a technology as comprehensive as this.

Managing a geographically disperse set of employees within on standard system. We have seen quicker process completion times from open enrollment, time off requests and managing savings accounts.

Zenefits review by Ivan H.
Ivan H.

"It's functional"

What do you like best?

I like the interconnectivity of it all as well as the accessibility in a number of platforms

What do you dislike?

Personally, it just seems a bit bland for what it is. Sure it's not a frivolous app, but it could use something to liven up the place

Recommendations to others considering the product

None that I can think of at the moment but as soon as I find out I'll let you know

I'm not too sure if we have had any problems but we always have a means to contact each other

Zenefits review by Tarah H.
Tarah H.

"Keeping a Digital Company Digital!"

What do you like best?

We love using Zenefits because it helps us to maintain our digital status. We pride ourselves on being a digital company. It also has been a great help in mainstreaming our PTO and On-Boarding process. It is so much easier and makes us feel better knowing things will not fall through the cracks. Also getting someone ready for payroll faster puts our employees at ease as well!

What do you dislike?

I have not come across anything so far that I do not like!

Payroll, PTO and On-Boarding!

Zenefits review by Valerie C.
Valerie C.

"Unfortunately, falls somewhat flat."

What do you like best?

When it's working, it's relatively user-friendly and aesthetically, it's pleasant to look at. In theory, it does its job well. The fact that it has built-in preferred name and pronoun choices is certainly appreciated.

What do you dislike?

It only works some of the time. It's buggy in Chrome, and as of this review, will not load the sidebar or profile features, or let me record time off for employees. Variations on this theme where I'm unable to actually use the core functions of the product have existed on and off the entire time I've used this software (6 months now).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you vet it thoroughly and ensure that it will actually work.

It has made tracking PTO vs. balances easier (though I still use a backup method because I just don't trust it for all its issues).

"Rough start, worth it"

What do you like best?

Ease of use- I work for a construction company, and our employees are not necessarily "computer savvy", so there were some concerns about introducing a system with an employee self-serve component, however it is so user friendly that no one has had any issues to date, not with onboarding, uploading, or the system in and of itself.

What do you dislike?

The implementation was rocky and slow moving- I basically had to dive in and learn through trial and error, however it is pretty easy to use, so it wasn't too bad, the implementation manager did not have a lot of time to devote and was inaccessible. - I would like the ability to transfer employees from one company to another , which is not a feature currently.

Easier onboarding, system of record, we have several remote offices and this has allowed managers to view pertinent personnel information online in Zenefits rather than having to wait until we pull the hard copy file.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Top-notch software for free, but poor support"

What do you like best?

The software interface is easy to use -- for admin and for users. Our employees like the interface and new hires say onboarding was easy.

What do you dislike?

We used to have an account manager but he was fired and we weren't notified. It seems that account managers are no longer part of the support model. Instead, the only way to contact support is to fill out a web form -- there is no email or phone number. This makes it hard to address bigger or recurring issues. We also have had problems in which some benefit enrollments weren't transferred to the insurance carriers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tech solution for a growing company and can't afford to purchase a true HRIS, Zenefits is great. However, their services as an insurance broker are less rich.

We were able to digitalize our onboarding and benefits enrollment at no cost, which was a great success for us as a nonprofit.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Great value"

What do you like best?

I'm really impressed with zenefits thus far. I've yet to have many of the problems that some of the reviewers have, but i will take note of any and update my review. I also like the ability to consolidate all of our HR-related resources into a single portal and/or mobile app for my employees.

What do you dislike?

none to think of yet. If i really had to find a con though, it would be that their "Time and attendance" app is separate from their main Zenefits app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering using Zenefits, make sure you weigh it against its competitors. It does a lot of things, but it does few of them perfectly. A jack-of-all-trades, master of none type of solution.

It has allowed us to centralize the large majority of our HR-related tasks.

Zenefits review by David S.
David S.

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Zenefits is an easy to use interface for both the company, and the employees. Simple, easy and effective. The employees feel comfortable using the system and we have had no complaints. I could go on and on about the system but I'm sure you've stopped reading at this point. It is the online support system that we used and although I was nervous moving in this direction it the on-boarding process was much easier than I expected. Most of our employees are younger, recent graduates, and their expectation was support 24/7 and this was the easiest means to provide it to them without the expense of hiring a full time human resources manager. I certainly had no desire, nor time to become an expert in the area of human resources and still keep the business growing. Choosing zenefits was a great decision that is validated with every employee changeover. We also find the benefits enrollment reminders very helpful and insure that our employees don't miss the necessary deadlines. I can't imagine what problems we would encounter if that happened.

What do you dislike?

I have trouble pinpointing areas of concern. The only issue that did come up was solved through their customer support system online. Really not a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm sure there are alternative systems out there, but I found Zenefits to be be easy and so did our employees.

I particularly like the ease of use as a small company with little HR support. Zenefits IS our HR support! We manage our benefits and maintain employee records and information through the system.

Zenefits review by Mina P.
Mina P.

"Mixed Review"

What do you like best?

+ I appreciate the user friendly design of the system

+ the data base of protocols and how to's for employees to reduce follow up with HR ie it's easy to self manage your benefits

+ PTO plug in

+ reminders and prompts for renewals, outstanding administrator tasks, etc

What do you dislike?

+ quality of customer support is very poor (rarely able to resolve matter, leave things open ended, should benefit from going through more support trainings)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Zenefits with a good payroll system. We have intuit and I would not recommend them as a provider.

If you have very straightforward needs zenefits is great, if you have a need to customize benefits and PTO offerings across the board, there is quite a bit of hassle in setting things up or changing existing programs.

PTO & Benefits Management

The need for systems that address perks and additional types of benefits offered by an employer. (examples: employee discounts with vendors, gym membership, volunteer days included in PTO systems, tuition reimbursement management)

Zenefits review by Jackie S.
Jackie S.

"Clean and Simple"

What do you like best?

I like that it has a clean and simple design, allowing me to always find the information I need, when I need it.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike. The one thing I struggled with recently, but figured out after 5 minutes of playing with the tool is how to actually use the vision care.

I always know what my benefits are and where to find them. I just downloaded the app and it made it even easier for vision. I'm going to use it soon, so I will see how it works when actually needing to show my insurance via Zenefits.

Zenefits review by Katie W.
Katie W.

"The small business' best friend."

What do you like best?

Zenefits is an hub that greatly reduces time spent managing HR tasks. For the small or medium sized business, Zenefits eliminates the need for hiring an HR manager while streamlining the process and consolidating data and important information. The Zenefits team is very responsive and knowledgable, and will advocate when needed, which again reduces the manpower needed to manage HR.

What do you dislike?

The new interface is not as user friendly in some cases, although it is more robust. We use ADP for payroll, and the disconnect has increased the effort needed to manage HR bi-weekly, which goes against Zenefits core philosophy. The commuter benefits program makes it difficult to remove an employee and could be better documented or tweaked to avoid issues.

Onboarding, management of documents and employee data, health insurance, short term disability, streamlined processes such as signing off of new employee handbook, PTO management, commuter benefits, integration with Slack.

"Thank you Zenefits!"

What do you like best?

Zenefits has streamlined my HR responsibilities immensely. I have been very grateful to have this tool to help me learn the ropes of everything from hiring to PTO.

What do you dislike?

When I first was learning about Zenefits, I reached out to get support/training and was told that didn't exist. Then, through my own digging, I found extensive options for that and it has helped a lot. It was a rough start getting support, but now they've made up for it with their training offerings.

We're solved the job offer process through using Zenefits. What used to be a complex communications process between all parties involved. I hope to continuously improve this process and use as many integrations Zenefits offers.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Wireless
Administrator in Wireless

"Great for small business HR"

What do you like best?

I love that all of our HR is done through this one app (payroll, benefits, time off management, etc) and that employees can easily access their information and make updates whenever they'd like.

What do you dislike?

I've reached out a few times for a demo of their time & attendance recording options and haven't received a response. They have a 'request a demo' button that I'm thinking probably doesn't work!

Zenefits does a lot of the not-so-fun HR duties for us. We don't have to hassle with running our own payroll and filing taxes, employee documentation is available and easily accessible anytime (for us an employees), they manage and administer our benefits, and they help us make sure we are complying legally regarding things like hiring and termination.

Zenefits review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Zenefits : Giving Me Time Back in My Day"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Zenefits is how it simplifies my onboarding process by keeping everything online.

What do you dislike?

I'm sad that Zenefits is no longer functioning as a health insurance broker. The fact that we will have two different systems to use for this going forward is concerning, and I'm worried things will get messed up or lost in communication during my open enrollment and general new hire enrollments in insurance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure everything during your implementation goes perfectly so your use of the product going forward is seamless. Their support has really improved over the years, and I do appreciate the feedback they ask for to make their product better and better.

Onboarding documents moved to completely electronic, making the process fast and easy for both the employer and the employee.

Zenefits review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Great product. Not sure about their management team anymore, but super easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's simple, straightforward. Not a lot of crazy things, easy language, simple management. And for us as end users it's great. We use it all the time, especially managing people.

What do you dislike?

The web interface could use some enhancements. It's a bit slow, but otherwise there's really very little I dislike about the product.

Conversely, I'm quite annoyed by management that they made it into a hyperscaling company and decided that that was the end-all, be-all for them. It's cool that companies that grow really really really fast, but doing it at the expense of employees, customers, security, regulations, and honesty is not justifiable. I hope they fix that, though their culture is apparently wrought with this stuff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely look into it. I think the product is worthwhile. But that said, definitely look at the management. I'm following them and hoping they can turn around with their cryptic past.

Simple management of HR. Everyone can submit time off. Everyone can manage their schedules. it syncs to Google Apps (Google Calendar, specifically) so you know exactly who is out of the office. It's amazing.

Zenefits review by Taylor H.
Taylor H.

"Time Off and Sick Time Made Accessible to Employees."

What do you like best?

For years at my last company, requesting time off has been a pain in the butt. Old school paper work, jumping through procedures that could take up to 3 weeks to get things approved...

My new employer has us using Zenefits and the differences is night and day. I feel like I have real access to my time off from work and benefits. It's accessible, easy to use and gives me a direct communication to my employer about personal time. It automatically pushes to our company calendar as well! Zenefits has greatly contributed to my love for the company I work for.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike here. The only issue that I see is that when requesting time off that over laps with the weekend, it counts that as total time off hours. There is probably a way to set it to ignore your regular days off. I have yet to figure out how to do that. That said, this is a very minor dislike to the software. Overall, there really isn't much that is unlikable about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will be a game changer for your companies benefits and time off management!

This product has given me hope that companies can handle time off requests without bureaucratic and time consuming paperwork. My team uses this with ease and I know it makes my bosses job way easier.

"Great HR solution"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to add functionality simply by adding apps to our account.

What do you dislike?

Some of the training videos are too basic and long winded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really give this product a trial. I wasn't sure at first, but I have grown to appreciate and love it. It does all of the things we were doing by hand or on a myriad of different apps and programs from one place. It has shown us the benefits of doing the research and going with the right product the first time.

We needed an HR solution for not only our company, but also to recommend to our clients.

Zenefits review by Administrator

"Very good HRIS system, and getting better everyday!"

What do you like best?

Zenefits is a great resource for both admins and employees. As an admin I love that I have all of an employee's information in one place; on-boarding docs, PTO, anniversaries, etc. For employees, they have tons of information at their fingertips; staff contact info, benefits, PTO and more!

What do you dislike?

There are occasional bugs/glitches that can usually be fixed by customer service in a matter of days. I would prefer if I didn't have to be the ones to find the issues (like "buttons" not working) but since they typically get them fixed quickly it isn't a big deal. I would prefer if their trouble ticket system was a bit more robust, with the ability to define the problem and reference the original request when addressing them.

Zenefits has significantly streamlined our on-boarding process, PTO requests and tracking, and employee reporting.

Zenefits review by Sohail A.
Sohail A.

"Zenefits not only completed my HR needs but also reshaped them"

What do you like best?

I wasn't able to meet my HR needs before this software but it helped me understanding the importance of Quality HR software in any business model in the modern world. Every successful business wants to recruit new people to add towards their success. I was the same person with same need but their recruitment management system helped me to recruit new people without any difficulty. Time, Compliance and benefits management systems were also good and up to mark.

What do you dislike?

It's quite expensive. The support should be enhanced and be able to provide people with simple and quick solutions at their email addresses without taking so much time. It's not the best feature of this platform in 2016

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should use this software as we used it at http://www.insurancequotesmaster.com. Payroll, Compliance, management, benefits and attendance management are very effective features of this software. It wasn't easy for me to chose this software as my core HR management system but my company has been able to recruit the good and talented people due to effective recruit management system

I've realized the problems of attendance management and recruitment management in my business. I wasn't able to solve all of these problems at http://www.insurancequotesmaster.com but able to solve these problems due to this software

Zenefits review by Alyssa S.
Alyssa S.

"We all need insurance"

What do you like best?

Basically I just like that I get paid (at some point) and I think have health insurance. And commuter benefits are nice

What do you dislike?

Zenefits is very touch and go with our company so far. We we're questionably without health insurance for the month of January and have had late paychecks/errors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wait for them to figure everything out first. All the ducks are not in line yet.

Pay stubs, company contacts and structure, insurance, commuter benefits.

Zenefits review by David C.
David C.

"Great at some things, not at others"

What do you like best?

Zenefits does have a novel concept and does help untangle the mess of benefits for a small company

What do you dislike?

Payroll is not as easy and so we moved to another platform for that. Obviously, the company culture is important when we do business and we weren't thrilled with the shenanigans from earlier

Benefits and HR administration is our biggest area. The process for onboarding benefits for new employees is very easy and hands off for management

Learn more about Zenefits

Zenefits Videos

Learning about Zenefits?

* We monitor all Zenefits reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.