Zenefits

Zenefits

Zenefits gives you a single place to manage your payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance -- all online, all in one beautiful dashboard. No more paperwork. No more headaches.

Work for Zenefits?

Learning about Zenefits?

Zenefits Reviews

Ask Zenefits a Question
Showing 155 Zenefits reviews
Zenefits review by <span>Nicolas C.</span>
Nicolas C.
Validated Review

Everything HR in one place and simplified

Validated Review
What do you like best?

What I like best from Zenefits I think is their customer service approach. They know that even-though a user can do everything through the platform, there are processes that are completed offline by third parties. Having always someone willing te help you find out what's going with those off-platform processes is great.

On the other hand, the platform is beautiful. It is very intuitive and it has the perfect balance between modern and professional.

Additionally, you can manage the whole HR process on it. Before Zenefits I remember we had to make a lot pf phone calls and emails to coordinate everything. Today all of that is on the platform, so there's no more overhead and my HR team has more time to work on other stuff.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything from Zenefits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend starting with the first tier and then move up if needed. Customer service is really good to helo you understand the setup process.

Before using Zenefits we had to handle everything manually on different platforms and/or offline. Multiple points of contacts created multiple single points of failure. It was messy. Zenefits has allowed us to consolidate everything employee related in a single place and it makes both HR and Administrative people lives easier. Think of Zenefits as a bridge between employees, the HR team and the brokers. In the platform we now can manage all the processes that involve those three parties.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zenefits
Zenefits review by <span>Ashley E.</span>
Ashley E.
Validated Review

Great portal to hold employee information

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Zenefits streamlines the place to go for employees to see any benefits our company offers or employees' personal benefits. The look of the portal is very clean and nice, easy to use and pretty intuitive. The dashboard for each user is great because it highlights the main areas that one would need to access often. I often use the commuter benefits portion to check how I've been using those benefits. Or, the vacation time portal to request time off, whether it's PTO or sick time.

What do you dislike?

The tool for hierarchy and teams isn't the most intuitive to use and the functionality seems a bit dated. I wish there was a more robust way to show how all the teams in the company are connected to each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Zenefits, know that the portal holds the information it has populated from the integration you have set for it. For example, if your insurance company policies give certain information to Zenefits regarding your coverage, it will reflect that in the portal however it could be missing information or could be incorrect—so you must defer to your actual documentation to assure it's correct.

There are great features like the Vacation portal for PTO and Sick Time, insurance info, payroll, and commuter benefits. Additionally, HR policies and contracts can be created and held within the portal. It creates one space to hold all HR and employee materials that they would need.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Zenefits review by <span>Kath F.</span>
Kath F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Zenefits has had a lot of ups and downs, but it is constantly changing and evolving. There is no doubt how much time and money Zenefits has saved us as a small company in gathering information, tracking people, tracking insurance, hiring, terminating, and payroll. I think by far the best feature that we utilize with Zenefits is payroll. It took our payroll process down from 8 hours to 30 minutes. It used to be a two person process that would involve a day of double checking numbers and now I do it myself within 30 minutes and Zenefits always does the math right and remembers things that I would not.

Also, I love documents. We can track all of our employee documents here and it is such a relief. Also, we can send yearly documents that need to be signed or updated. This is such a time save.

What do you dislike?

We have yet to have a very wonderful experience with Zenefit's insurance brokerage. They used to do it in house and it was just a disaster for someone that wasn't from California, where they are located. We struggled in Georgia with a lack of knowledge from their brokers, and an inability to advise us on crucial things like HSA's and FSA's. They have changed their process and are now using a different agency, and I can't wait to see what this process is like (and they are in Atlanta, too!)

Also, their time off app needs tweaking. I LOVE having a time off app and it is so useful, but the way that it calculates available time is just wonky and none of my employees seem to understand it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a company that listens and makes the right changes in the right direction. I have never felt my voice heard as well as I do with Zenefits.

1. Keeping track of important personal employee files

2. Processing insurance and tracking benefits

3. Tracking ETO/PTO

4. General HR questions

5. Payroll

6. Employee onboarding

As the HR Contact, I use this software on a daily basis. It helps me with so many things. My employees know they have it and occasionally have to use it for things like ETO or checking their paystubs, but don't need to bother it, and that's how I like it.

Zenefits review by <span>Jack C.</span>
Jack C.
Validated Review

So far the best HR software

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Zenefits helps us to manage our HR department much easier. Candidates are always on track, the moment when people accept the offers we will be notified immediately. We also begin to consider using it's payroll function in the near future. The platform is clean and nice, easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is more frustrating when you are about to discuss with the new employees about their 401(k) and the website shows it encounter system issues. The cost for each employee is also an interesting issue, since it charges us by the number of employees. Wish they can do a bundle sale, for instance, different price sets for 1-10, 11-49, 50-100 employees, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider changing the price setting. It will encourage more start-ups to use Zenefits if it offers more flexible price based on the current number of employees and the future growth.

Onboarding, benefits, and hopefully payroll next year.

Zenefits review by <span>Jameson S.</span>
Jameson S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

We've used Zenefits for 2.5 years. Despite the "automation" nature of their products, I've been very impressed with how personal the service is. Each of the Zenefits reps I've dealt with has not only been friendly, but super responsive and knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

They seem to have recovered well from the CEO shakeup and turmoil from 2016, but it's something that sticks at the back of your mind - are they stable enough for us to keep relying on them more and more? My sense is that they are, but it's hard sometimes not to wonder.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're using it for the free features, it's hard to go wrong. There's very little risk. That's how they get your attention, and it's a neat model.

We're onboarding new employees with ease and we've automated our Annual Enrollment process. We're currently considering using them for payroll too.

Zenefits review by <span>Jihee K.</span>
Jihee K.

Huge Improvement

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Zenefits has gone thru a lot of changes THANKFULLY and as a customer for 3 years now, I've seen a huge improvement and I hope it doesn't end. Specifically, I like how much easier open enrollment is now.

What do you dislike?

There certainly are areas of improvement but I think the more you communicate with them, they're able to find ways to make the platform work for your needs. It's really the only way to get things fixed.

But if I had to point out one (tiny) flaw, it's when offer letters are resent, they candidate does not get notified. We need to actually email the candidate to log back in to Zenefits to view their updated offer. It's minor. I know.

Zenefits is our main HR platform and it takes care of all of our benefits. I'm pretty happy with it.

Learn more about Zenefits

Zenefits Videos

Learning about Zenefits?

* We monitor all Zenefits reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.