Zenkit

4.7

Zenkit is a SaaS platform for project management, database building and more, it follow data through its entire lifecycle, from fluid brainstorming and research through to a structured system for collaborative use with flexible workspace to organize anything.

Work for Zenkit?

Learning about Zenkit?

Zenkit Reviews

Ask Zenkit a Question
Showing 50 Zenkit reviews
Zenkit review by Enrico J.
Enrico J.

"The best task management tool we have ever used"

What do you like best?

The tool manages to offer a simple and very clear display, but still allows very individual settings.

I have tried almost all known task management tools, like Monday, Trello, Asana,... and none of them offers me such a clear presentation of my daily tasks and individual project components like Zenkit. The link with the Zapier tool also offers endless possibilities for automation. The tool simply does what it should, without overloading the user with functions. Many thanks for that!

What do you dislike?

Actually, there's hardly anything I would find objectionable. Zenkit could set up more customer-centric internally to implement faster and more efficient features that user groups want. That's what I like about all the American tools. Zenkit has some bugs now and then, but they're not too serious. A few workflows could be improved internally, but overall the program is on a very high level and can easily keep up with all the others.

This enables us to maintain a permanent overview of all our business areas. This includes classic customer care, project implementation or venture support. In addition, we use Zenkit as a database to record existing network contacts and set reminders linked to the calendar.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zenkit
Zenkit review by Marc A.
Marc A.

"Perfect tool to organize your work (communication manager)"

What do you like best?

I love the "project" collection, with related "tasks" sub-level collection. I also like the "favorites" to cross many collections and activities. The choice of views is also a powerful thing (Kanban board, table, list ...). There's a lot of freedom in Zenkit, it's really powerful, I can add specific fields, I can sort the views in a lot of ways ... I especially love the "table" view (for tasks), and the Kanban view for projects overview. The customer support is great, you can feel that Zenkit wants to build something that will make a difference.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, for now, nothing. Zenkit allow me to organize my work with a lot of freedom, it's perfect. I had an issue only 1 time when the Android app was launched, I emailed Zenkit support and they fixed the bug quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tried Trello before, and for me Zenkit is much more easy to use, with much more freedom.

I'm a communication manager in an animation studio, and I have to deal with a lot of missions. Social networks, website, b2b, b2c, festivals, press, strategic watch to find new projects and talents, relation with our broadcasters ... I have many projects and little things to do, and Zenkit helps me a lot to see & organize each project, each task. I also have another activies, since 18 years I manage an indie website and TV show about animation. Zenkit allow me to organize all my tasks

What Project Management solution do you use?

Zenkit review by Fabian S.
Fabian S.

"Zenkit - Easy and flexible"

What do you like best?

For extensive working processes you have a detailed browser version which is clearly arranged.

If it needs to be done faster or out of office, the app allows you to use all functions irrespective where you are.

The filters can be used for an easy overview with "my team" you have a fast option to see your own tasks.

What do you dislike?

The app design could be a bit more intuitive to use. Less information, more functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a easy task and communication tool from a company which is always addressable and heplful, Zenkit is definately the right product for you.

We use Zenkit for the project management of a non-profit association and since then we don´t need to write emails, have WhatsApp groups or stuff like that. Even the usage of Google Drive can be reduced to the neccesary things.

Zenkit review by Lucas T.
Lucas T.

"Project management done right"

What do you like best?

I love everything about Zenkit. I love the way it organizes your tasks, the way things are set for working in teams. I LOVE it that they implemented an offline mode for the website. And also, the pricing scheme is very generous and nice.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's nothing I dislike about Zenkit. I haven't yet found a flaw.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look, if you're looking for a project management system for your projects, look no further. Just give Zenkit a go. The free experience is just amazing, so you don't even have to pay unless you are a power user. You have literally nothing to lose with just trying it out. I can assure you that once you've used it to organize a project, you won't ever go back to other platforms. 10/10

With our team, we organize web design projects with Zenkit, and it's a breeze of an experience. It's really easy to communicate through there, to give instructions, and to keep everything tidy and organized.

Zenkit review by Stoyan H.
Stoyan H.

"Productivity and Project management at it's best!"

What do you like best?

Zenkit is giving you absolute freedom to brainstorm with Mind maps and then convert those ideas in a full blown projects. Then you can easily assign all task in this projects to your team members and manage the whole execution process easily. Everything you need, easily and intuitively, absolutely amazing application available to you on desktop or mobile, absolutely for FREE for personal use and even small teams i think. This is probably the best app i have used in my life and i am glad that is related to one of the most important things ORGANISING it! Organise you job, organise you daily tasks, do whatever you want without any complication. This is the best project management tool i have ever used and seen, team really knows their job!

What do you dislike?

Never met anything i don't like. for almost a year using it had only one issue, which was resolved in hours( even that i am on a free plan) it's amazing what a Premium product you can use at no cost!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just stop waisting your time and sign up right now. Simply because there is nothing similar on the market and its FREE ( oh my god still can not believe that)for individuals and small teams i think! You wont regret it!

Makes brainstorming ideas very easy. Implementation and task management are also simple, you only switch view with a push of a button. Open the task again with clicking on it, assign person to execute it, deadline and any other information. All this presented to you and the most clear way. zenkit really makes life easy as it can be used not only for working projects.

Zenkit review by Marcel A.
Marcel A.

"Easy to use and well arranged Management Tool"

What do you like best?

The administration of the different project is well laid out and easy to use. Using the Canban view within the project is as good as a traditional Excel sheet but is well connected with all my team members - the interactive design allows a smooth workflow.

What do you dislike?

In Terms of subtasks I would like a list type as well, with the ability to assign each subtask individually to different members of my team as well as due dates. This would help with a more detailed project plan.

We are currently using Zenkit for our non profit Blackforestwave e.V. to manage task regarding the approval planning of our river wave system. Using an Interactive planning and managing tool allows us to focus on the most important tasks and using the time of our volunteers more efficently.

Zenkit review by Vinay R.
Vinay R.

"Simple, Effective and No-Brainer PM tool"

What do you like best?

Simplicity with flexibility to fit in your use case is the most amazing feature of ZenKit. I love the ability to switch between calendar, Kanban and To Do list modes.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much! I think the UI can be little more engaging. But functionally, no complaints whatsoever!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just compare feature to feature, instead commit to use it for a week by setting up tasks on a Sunday and following it thru' the week. I am sure you would have made up your mind to commit to Zenkit by next weekend!

At any point in my professional life, there are 15+ threads running with multiple stakeholders with each thread having numerous follow up tasks with deadlines. It was a nightmare to track them on a daily/weekly basis without dropping ball on few of them. I literally signed up for all the PM tools out there and tried out each for a week. Nothing proved to be as valuable as Zenkit. Here are few tangible benefits:

1. 'View' matters: The holistic view that zenkit provides by providing various 'views' such as Kanban, Calendar, To Do helps me either focus on the day or look at the weekly/monthly view as the need be.

2. 'Custom fields' is a useful aspect that lets 'you' (user) take charge of the task template (which most of the other competing product doesn't include and instead enforces a template on you)

3. Ability to set deadlines for task (at date level and HH:MM level) & sync with google calendar ensures that I never miss a scheduled task

Zenkit review by Shane J.
Shane J.

"Versatile Management Program that Grows With You"

What do you like best?

You can make each Zenkit collection as simple or as complicated as you like. Some of my projects have multiple states and connected references, and others are a basic list with no strings attached.

Based on what your your collection requires, you can customize, and create workflows that suit what you need.

The mindmap feature as a creation too is quite valuable. It makes it easy to create Work Breakdown Structures.

Additionally, I can review my mind maps with filters on to see if part of the project is falling behind, or has slipped through the cracks.

What do you dislike?

I tried to do everything at once when I first jumped in. This caused me to have to take a step back and reconsider.

After this I tried starting with a GTD template, and moved forward quite easily from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with a template, and grow your features as you learn the product.

1. Mapping and tracking my projects in mind map mode

2. Prioritizing and categorizing deliverables in Kanban mode

3. Reviewing progress of tasks in table mode

4. Connecting deliverables to tasks using references for automated tracking

5. Calculating budgets and results using functions that tie into the references

6. Working efficiently using the favourites flagging feature

The ability to connect all of these things together in one program is what makes it effective. With everything in one spot, the tasks between the collections can be automated.

Zenkit review by Corrie F.
Corrie F.

"Zenkit - customizable work/life management tool"

What do you like best?

I'm not locked into a single view of my projects. I can view a List of items, Kanban board style, Calendar (drag and drop your plan) and even a mindmap for early idea maps. I love this flexibility!

Navigation is easy, UI is clean and uncluttered, calendar sync is instant, and free templates are an easy jump start to any project.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it integrated better with Gmail. I want to forward emails to Zenkit and turn them into tasks to clear out my Inbox. Maybe this is already on feature backlog?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are unsatisfied with your current project management systems, check out a really flexible alternative in Zenkit. If you are a freelancer struggling with client/contractor collaboration, this tool can help. Or if you are just trying to streamline your personal productivity, Zenkit is a feature-rich that will transform you into a productive powerhouse!

My work and personal life have operated in separate applications and I was able to combine them in Zenkit but still keep them separate with "Teams" as the delineation point. I now use this for all of my personal projects and to stay on task at the day job. I was able to combine multiple software/tools with Zenkit and will continue to take advantage of integrations as they are released.

Zenkit review by Kale S.
Kale S.

"Organize your data however it makes sense to you"

What do you like best?

It's always the right tool when I don't know what tool to use. At the beginning of ideas or projects, when my brain is unstructured, Zenkit allows me to easily get the jumble out of my head and look at it from all angles, tweak and tune, organically growing the seed of an idea into something solid. I love being able to easily switch between views, from spreadsheet to kanban board to calendar to list, with awesome searching and savable filters, allowing me to get more done. Zenkit doesn't force me to use it in a certain way, allowing me to focus on my thoughts and ideas.

What do you dislike?

The only issues I have with Zenkit are the rare -- but annoying -- server stability issues, and the lack of an API. I want to integrate more things and use it more!

Brainstorming and initial planning stages are streamlined with Zenkit, and the ease of switching data views between kanban and calendar views, for example, make it much easier to remain on top of commitments through every phase of a project.

Zenkit review by Julie R.
Julie R.

"Awesome PM tool - clean GUI"

What do you like best?

I like that you can display your data in multiple views. My personal favorite to build is the "Table" view. But when looking at a project in process, I like the "Kanban" view. Of course, seeing your project in the "Calendar" view is great - AND - you can just drag your unscheduled task directly on to the date!

The views are clean and uncluttered and you can filter to make things even less cluttered.

Although this appears to be a newer company, I love the quick support response and the tutorials are fantastic. I see lots of potential and hope to see more things coming from this creative company.

What do you dislike?

I understand the mobile app is "brand new", so I know they will be making improvements almost daily, but I wish the mobile and tablet views could rotate 90 degrees and show the Kanban view (other views already rotate but with limited data to view).

I think it would be wise to develop the iPad view as a separate app to the mobile and take advantage of the extra real estate on the larger devices. But, untell then, the browser versions are excellent!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should give this company a try, I think they are headed in the right direction to making project collaboration a commonplace tool for everyone to use.

Looking at this product for Project Management and Collaborative Tool.

Zenkit review by Alex Z.
Alex Z.

"CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT ZENKIT!"

What do you like best?

Ability to import my Trello cards was key to starting to use this product.. The five different formats of representing my data allow me to always have a well rounded picture of my projects and tasks at hand. I I usually work in the Kanban view but rely on the Mind Map to review my tasks to make sure I am not missing anything. I particularly like the simplicity with which I can filter views and export to PDF to instantly email to external stakeholders. The powerful and fast filter and search engines make it a pleasure to sort views and search for specific tasks. Even archived tasks are instantly searchable. The quality of the product is matched by the quality of support. Since my first week with the product I have been corresponding with the Product Manager and have even suggested features which were taken under consideration. The themes are great! I look forward to more of them.. This product has a very attractive and smooth interface which makes me always want to be on it. The dragging of cards from stack to stack is very smooth and fluid. Awesome design, awesome coding, amazing product!

What do you dislike?

Hard to say! Cannot wait for new features like displaying all my archived cards and Gantt chart view. Sometimes dragging cards in the Android app from stack to stack is a bit buggy but the app is still in beta so this completely understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Embrace it fully for a week and commit to it both for personal and business use. It is true peace of mind when you know that none of your tasks will be forgotten and you will not be letting your team down, no matter what!

I am a project manager for infrastructure implementation. Benefits which have been realized is total control of my tasks, whether orderly or scattered. It is easy to organize and document all activities and deliverables.

I look forward to seeing where this product goes!

Zenkit review by David L.
David L.

"My new all-in one life planning tool!"

What do you like best?

No more switching around from kanban mobile app to your todo online app to your calendar to... Zenkit does all of that and it does it very well! You can switch representations as needed, so you might change your regular kanban's display to a calendar, for instance, or a simple list.

Add your own tags or custom fields, Zenkit won't mind! Create teams to dispatch tasks.

Zenkit also offers premade templates for various uses cases (GTD, support help desk, project management), which you can easily adapt to your personal needs.

What do you dislike?

Batch management of list items (eg. set some of your tasks to "On hold") is somewhat unintuitive.

I'd also like to have the task pane to be optionally being left open when it loses focus (like the left panel for collections).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a Trello and Wunderlist import feature you don't want to miss if you're using one of these! My software development kanban imported flawlessl, and my Wunderlist tasks even kept their subtasks, which was one of my biggest gripes with competing products.

Having all your personal and project data in a single place, and being able to move them around from the todo list to your kanban to your calendar is big plus instead of using multiple applications and copy-pasting data around.

Sharing tasks between team members is trivial, and it's easy to share updates on these as time passes.

Zenkit review by Felipe V.
Felipe V.

"A bag of awesomeness and thrilled to see what's next"

What do you like best?

Okay this is going to be a bit detailed. What do I like about Zenkit?

- First off, that Calendar integration, oh my. It is instant, it is both ways, it is perfect. It really amazes me how fast that is. Incredible.

- Second, the combination of tasks list and Kanban view is perfect. I almost always find my self using the Kanban view because it let's me see the process with a bird's eye view. And when I want something simple I switch to the list view.

- Third, the amount of views you have: List view, Kanban view, Mindmap view and Calendar view! If that does not blow your mind, let me tell you, these guys are working on more, and you can easily interchange between any of them in a matter of seconds.

- Let me talk about the mindmap (you already know what that is), but have you imagined to easily change in your project, your life-long project, between a Kanban view and a Mindmap view?: It is amazing if you have a central idea and then you can see your mind map as a step by step process with the Kanban view.

- And lastly, the fact that you can create your own Custom Field and on top of that you can create simple calculations, like Sum all hours worked on the "Doing stage". The versatility and flexibility of Zenkit is just simply amazing.

What do you dislike?

There's no mobile app and the web mobile version seems slow. So for someone who is always on the move it might not be great, but for someone who is most of his/her time on a desktop Zenkit will be perfect.

The following are more like feature requests because I really want Zenkit to become the best it can be:

1. Some times it can be a bit slow when there are too many items on view.

2. When a list in the Kanban view gets too long and I want to create a card and immediately send it up top, it does not work, I have to reload the page and then send it to the top (while scrolling to the quick menu 50 positions)

2.1. There should be a dedicated button to send up top/bottom.

3. There should be a way to add a condition on the called "Assigned to: No one".

4. There should totally be more extensions. Today we use Discord (same as Slack) as a video chat app at Wagglio, and if we could notify changes directly to a channel it would be even easier to communicate work between us.

4. The most important one for last: There should be another view called Gantt that helps you assign dependencies between items (I'm a die-hard fan of planning and a Gantt graph is just in my nature)

Recommendations to others considering the product

My main recommendation is this: if you are a small team like us and are actually using something like Trello, Asana, Wunderlist or any other like that, switch now, you are gonna thank me later.

At wagglio.co we use it to organize all our tasks, for brain-storming sessions and we are on the way to implement it as a support system with different stages to help our users. An integration with Zendesk would totally help.

We use it to mindmap ideas and to organize our calendars, we use it to collect notes on meetings (an integration with Google Docs would be greatly appreciated) and we use it to map our short and medium term objectives.

I mean, if you haven't noticed yet, this is the app to conquer chaos in any organization and its flexibility conquers any alternative, that is why I would totally recommend it to anyone.

Zenkit review by Andy N.
Andy N.

"Flexible task-management that allows you to set up your own views - nothing imposed!"

What do you like best?

The flexibility to view the same set of data in different ways - Kanban board, spreadsheet, list - makes it easier to work with than Trello for projects.

For managing my personal to-do list, the standout feature is being able to modify the way the Kanban board works on-the-fly - change the headings, add a vertical grouping as well as horizontal, so I can sort tasks by what is important to me at that time.

What do you dislike?

Start / end dates are not yet very useful - it would be great to be able to express task dependencies as well as time estimates, so that start/end dates for each task can be projected based on the present progress and the sequence of tasks to come.

I understand a Gantt view is underway, which I imagine will deliver some of this functionality to make it useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to read through / watch the tutorials to understand what can be achieved. The template / example boards are very useful to see the power of Zenkit's features.

Keeping on top of my personal to-do list, with several different personality 'hats' on, and several projects to keep up to speed with. With other tools, I've found the data growing stale quite quickly as it's easy for things to fall to the bottom of a single prioritised list and be forgotten about.

Zenkit review by Gerald H.
Gerald H.

"Great, flexible productivity tool"

What do you like best?

1. the different views: simple list, detailed list, Kanban, calender and mind map view. The latter is perfect for project planning. The switch between the views is fluid and correct.

2. the different todo-items are nearly endlessly customizable with many different types of information fields. Especially appealing is one with which you can interlink different todo-items. This feature makes my GTD-setup round and efficient.

3. the feature „my fabourites“ makes it possible to have a categorized view across all projects. Here again you can customize the favourites on your own.

4. the database structure offers many ways to use the tool, e.g. I use a collection for time and cost tracking for my different clients.

What do you dislike?

Those issues should be on the road map ( and the support team confirms that):

1. email to Zenkit (and thus avoiding any Zapier workaround)

2. an app that identically matches the web application

3. implementation of routine items

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. There is no time limit only a volume of item limit, so you have plenty if time to try and play around with it. You will be surprised by the fact, that you can use it for many different purposes

So far I solve my personal and business project management issues with Zenkit. I do not yet use the team feature.

Zenkit review by Hoang L.
Hoang L.

"A better alternative to Trello"

What do you like best?

With Zenkit, I have more tools to organize my tasks and my thoughts as well.

I love the mindmap feature And how easy it is to switch between different views (I can switch between mindmap to a kanban board like Trello very easily)

What do you dislike?

I wished there were a diagram creator in addition to the mindmap as well.

The UI is not well polished and as intuitive as Trello.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your work not only involves working on tasks but also coming up with tasks, consider Zenkit. The mindmap feature helps you turn your thoughts Into tasks and allow you to see how the tasks are connected to each other.

I use Zenkit to organize my tasks and see how my tasks are connected to each other with the mindmap feature

Zenkit review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Modular project management solution that works your way"

What do you like best?

You can view your data in whichever way you or your teammates prefer: kanban, list, table, and even mindmap. And for each view, you can sort and filter by various fields. Kanban is not limited to todo/doing/done. You can use other fields to define your columns.

Projects can be linked, with cards relating to each other. This can include numerical values that can be summed up and displayed in summary tables.

Heavy Trello lovers can import their board and work Zenkit magic !

What do you dislike?

OK mindmaps can still be improved (and will be): create nodes like other mindmapping software, use label names as node names.

Also waiting for the Gantt feature that is under way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zenkit is free for small teams (up to 5 people), so it is a no-brainer for start testing it.

And if the team is bigger, the price at par with other offerings: starting at $9 per month and user.

If you already use Trello, you can simply import your boards, add some dimensions, change views, and see what you can do more.

Team project management with enough flexibility to show data the right way for everybody.

Zenkit review by Florian M.
Florian M.

"Imagine all your productivity apps had an orgy... "

What do you like best?

Here are just some of the things I love about Zenkit:

- I love the different ways Zenkit can represent, filter, and structure my information. It's like having a single app for what you would usually need different apps (calendar, to-do list, scrum board, mind-mapping).

- Also, I appreciate the high customizability of data to be input to an item as well as the interfaces to usual suspects like google calendar, google drive etc.

- Additionally, Zenkit is a strong base for team collaboration for project management as in SCRUM or similar.

- Moreover Zenkit has great multi-plattform support (web, iOS, Andoid, Windows, Web, macOS)!

-> I highly recommend you checking this beast out for yourself!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about Zenkit for me. Here are some feature suggestions:

- I would love the ability to structure boards hierarchically or consolidate multiple boards in a (personal) view.

- Is there a possibility to have multiple mind maps per board?

- More interdependencies between items and even a Gannt View would be superb!

Zenkit helps me and the teams I am working with to effectively and efficiently structure and communicate workstreams and progress therein while keeping a solid overview over the daily battleground of business-doing.

Zenkit review by User

"Zenkit tied up all the loose ends in my productivity system"

What do you like best?

Zenkit seamlessly integrates several different productivity tools into one - from fully customizable kanban boards, to an online calendar (that links to my main google calendar), to mindmaps (my personal favorite).

It combines several of the best attributes of other software into one master software and it's FREE. The free version has useful features that not even PAID versions of other productivity apps have, and Zenkit is fully customizable to anything I want to do. I used it to streamline my entire productivity life. It also helped a lot to be able to transfer all my data from trello into Zenkit, then to be able to upgrade my old trello boards in Zenkit.

What do you dislike?

Currently, the Zenkit app is only for iPhone. They are working on Android, and I can't wait for it!

Also, the mindmap is awesome. I love how they seamlessly incorporated it into this entire system. However, the scrolling and zooming controls can be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on Trello, you should definitely switch over to Zenkit ASAP. If Zenkit was a laptop, Trello is a typewriter. Zenkit does everything that Trello does, does it better, and has MUCH MORE features.

Most of the loose ends I had in my productivity system have been tied up. Thanks to the GTD template that Zenkit takes full advantage of, I know exactly what to do with each item on my to-do list and how to manage all of them without anything important falling through the cracks. Any workflow organization problems have been solved through Zenkit, and because of that, the execution of tasks has been much easier.

Zenkit review by Jan E.
Jan E.

"One of the best organizing softwares I know"

What do you like best?

The different options to visualize done and to be done tasks, furthermore the neat appearance. You can see the effort the developers put into it.

What do you dislike?

Well only the Zenki-App has some issues, but if you organize large projects you won't do it on a 5 inch screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As in every software: Learn the basics. The rest will come on the job.

The blackforestwave e.V. organizes a project to make Riversurfing real in Pforzheim/Germany. As you can imagine this is a big project, consisting of many little tasks. With Zenkit this is managed in a easy way.

Zenkit review by Consultant in Financial Services
Consultant in Financial Services

"Feature packed Project Management software for people who don't have time"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, but with depth enough to make it your own. The software provides a variety of views that you can tailor to your way of working, but the best part is that you can change you view from Kanban to List or Table, or MindMap in a click of the button, wonderful.

What do you dislike?

No default date, or if there is I haven't noticed it yet

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for tracking multiple tasks with ease and assigning priorities, dates and alarms to keep on track

I work as a Business Analyst and find it invaluable for tracking numerous activities from To Dos to Waiting to In Progress and assigning actions against them. Unfortunately I don't have any colleagues using it yet so can't rate the group activity that the app can support, but suspect that it will be equally fluid and very useful.

Zenkit review by Reinhard E.
Reinhard E.

"Excellent!"

What do you like best?

The clean style: I'm able to 'immerse' into my projects (love to kanban view most because I get an overwiew in an instant) and work through them without getting distracted by shiny objects and weird backgrounds.

What do you dislike?

Not a single thing. What was missing a little bit was the mobile version which is in place now.

Getting an overview on my projects, both those with my customers and those kind of internal ones like books and my podcast. A clear benefit is having a real time information without distraction.I'm able to 'connect the dots' of my projects, saving time and effort.

Zenkit review by User

"Great and fully adaptable project management tool"

What do you like best?

You start with what is in your mind. As simple as a normal todo list would be. Then you fill it up with the information, tags, dates and whatever data you would like to add. Switching from list mode, to kanban, table view, calendar view or even a mind map is possible with one click.

What do you dislike?

No intergrated sync to other tools afaik. Other than that I am completely happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you will love it. Clean, lean and still extremely adaptable for all your needs starting from a simple todo list to a comprehensive project management tool.

It's great to structure projects from the very beginning. It's up to you how to use it. Starting with a mindmap or bullet points, however you prefer it. And it grows with your structure. I used it with custom fields, great!

Zenkit review by Amos W.
Amos W.

"New, and promising"

What do you like best?

The number of ways to customize and view project information is impressive. Different views work well with different kinds of projects and I have the freedom to change things up as needed.

What do you dislike?

Some features are missing and the app doesn't have everything either (but work continues...).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let the minimalism fool you -- there are a bunch of features in there.

I am part of multiple project teams and the project can be quite different in scope and structure. I'm trying Zenkit to try to pull everything together so I can meet all of my commitments.

Zenkit review by Eric A.
Eric A.

"Most flexible project management tool with ease of use and pack with features"

What do you like best?

Zenkit has the most flexible ways to manage a project - Kanban, Spreadsheet, Todo & Mindmap.

What do you dislike?

Some view such as todo is still too basic - could improve more to catch up market leaders like Todoist or Tick Tick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If any of you like to use Trello - but wish it can give you more granular view - try out Zenkit and I am sure you will love it!

I am using it manage my day to day work. Zenkit is an extremely flexible project management tool I have ever used!

Zenkit review by Eleanor d.
Eleanor d.

"Great piece of software for project managing smaller teams"

What do you like best?

Zenkit allows you to create filters so you can slice and dice your data exactly how you want. It is our go-to tool for everything we do - from client work to internal activity.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there was a time built in so that time spent could be automatically recorded. I'd also like to see some sort of GANTT chart to help visualise project activity across a timeline and resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the Youtube videos as it isn't immediately obvious just how much you can do with Zenkit

We use Zenkit for managing our workflow and we have also set it up to calculate profitability (we do have to manually enter time logs for this though).

Zenkit review by User in Computer Software

"Most flexible tool ever!"

What do you like best?

I can create my own database and switch between different possibilities in how to show and filter my kanban board. It´s so flexible and customized that I can almost do everything in Zenkit.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have recurring tasks (but I they said it´s on the roadmap) but until then it´s more work to constantly change the date or copy the task/appointment.

In a remote team it´s easier to overview the different project and on which everyone is working right now. You can communicate right in the task and upload files. It´s not only saving paper, it´s also easier to use and you can always use the search function.

Zenkit review by User

"Zenkit - The future of project management"

What do you like best?

I do like the possibility to switch between the different views - list, kanban, table and calendar. This option definitely simplifies the way to work on different tasks. Also the "My Team" function is quite helpful to see all your to do's at a glance.

What do you dislike?

From my point of view, the app is a bit more difficult to use as the desktop version.

Zenkit offers you to easily manage different projects at the same time. It helps you to stay updated with single tasks, their status and who is working on it. Using Zenkit allows us to reduce the number of different communication channels we have been using before.

Zenkit review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Very good tool for getting things done"

What do you like best?

I like the clean design and the option to switch from one view of the data to another (for example from Kanban board view to Calendar view or Mind mapping view).

Zenkit is easy to use, which makes it a joy to work with.

What do you dislike?

The fact that - at least the way I'm using Zenkit - I need to create a new board (or "collection", as they call it) for every project. It would be much better to have all boards in one screen, with relevant colour-coding to distinguish between one board and the other.

Also, mind-maps are somewhat difficult to create.

Generally, it would be good to have more guidance on the various features, with examples.

Last but not least, it would be great to be able to archive tasks and still be able to see them somewhere in future (with a date next to it showing when that task was archived).

I use it mainly as a super-powered to-do list, moving things along as they get done. I prefer it to Trello as Trello tends to get very quickly clogged up with boards.

Zenkit review by Luca D.
Luca D.

"Trello on steroids!"

What do you like best?

Zenkit let you link build your workflow through custom fields and by linking with them different boards. Awesome!

What do you dislike?

The interface is terrible! Hope they will polish it more in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If Trello is not enough and Podio is overwhelming you should try Zenkit

Switching from higher level prospective on multiple projects status to fine detailed activities all in one platform.

Zenkit review by Curtis P.
Curtis P.

"Useful For All Types of Organizers :)"

What do you like best?

I like the way you can choose the way you want to view your to do's. I'm an ambi-organizer, so I change from day to day, how I like to view and organize my data. This is perfect for me!

What do you dislike?

I'm still working through things but maybe integration within browsers to save webpage data to a to-do or something? Otherwise, I'm happy so far :)

I can organize many different projects within the platform and it really helps keep topics separate and clean from each other.

Zenkit review by Markus K.
Markus K.

"Amazing tool for teams!"

What do you like best?

Great collaborative features! Easy to use!

What do you dislike?

No communication feature! Compensates through integration with Zapier!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The MyFavorite and MyTeam features are amazing! No solution I have seen have implemented these. Really great to see what only you are working on!

Switching costs are completely gone now. I can really focus on my business instead now!

Zenkit review by Yiannis P.
Yiannis P.

"The best project management/spreadsheet/lite database you can buy for almost no money"

What do you like best?

It's free to start.

It's the best combination of spreadsheet, kanban and calendar I have seen.

It can be really powerful when you start to use formula and reference fields

It's beautiful to use, and has almost no learning curve

What do you dislike?

I wish that Zenkit would hurry up and add recurring tasks and open up their API (basically things which I would pay a fortune for in other tools)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.... it's free

Project management, being a data-store, kanban

Zenkit review by Frederic W.
Frederic W.

"Perfect App to organize Teams!"

What do you like best?

It looks really good and is yet very intuitive

What do you dislike?

Honestly I didn´t find any downside yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, it´s very easy and super intuitive!

Club to implement a wave in the blackforest

Zenkit review by Felix F.
Felix F.

"Zenkit makes Project Management easy!"

What do you like best?

The work with Zenkit allows to keep track with every project and has a very intutive handling

What do you dislike?

So far, I didn't find anything I don't like

Keep track with projects and tasks

Zenkit review by User

"Best project management website!"

What do you like best?

Everything about the website. Zenkit team is doing an amazing work. The mind mapping, kanban style are great for me.

What do you dislike?

I would like more background images for free users

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are someone who wants to focus and plan your work properly. Its for you!

Am a student also working on a personal project. It helps me plan my objectives and goals. Furthermore it keeps me focus on my everyday task.

Zenkit review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"The Project Kit that does it all"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that Zenkit takes all the best features from other software in it's class providing multiple options.

What do you dislike?

The UI isn't the best when compared to Meistertask. Even Trello has a certain charm about it. Also it doesn't currently have a mac native app and the IOS version isn't great either sadly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an awesome system but be aware there is currently no iCloud syncing, no native app and the iOS app isn't as good as it could be.

Day to Day running of my business can improve with Zenkit. With the mind mapping and mutiview option it really can make one productive on a daily basis.

Zenkit review by Barrett B.
Barrett B.

"Use to manage complex tasks "

What do you like best?

Powerful platform for organizing tasks. I use it to manage research projects and have my students use it for their big projects.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could use some upgrades, but it's brand new so I expect they'll come.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's similar to Trello and Asana, but is easier to use on the outset and includes powerful features for free.

Helped organize teams, large scale projects, research projects, and generally made daunting tasks manageable.

Zenkit review by Vivien S.
Vivien S.

"Zenkit is easy to use and helps teams to work together"

What do you like best?

Zenkit gives a great overview about all tasks within a project and the team members can communicate within the project plattform

What do you dislike?

The mobile version could work a bit better but is already on a high ux level

Different topics of one big project can be displayed and a bigger group of people can work together and communicate about the tasks

Zenkit review by Hans d.
Hans d.

"Team collaboration made easy"

What do you like best?

There is hardy any learning needed. Everything is almost self explaining. You can start right away

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to find some explanation. So a bunch of quick links to explain functions en and features would be handy

Keep track of activities, create to do lists and share with other co-workers

Zenkit review by Martin K.
Martin K.

"Nice tool"

What do you like best?

I like most the canban view. Almost like a traditional excel sheet. Very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Until now there is nothing i dislike about zenkit.

We are using zenkit for planning and managing different tasks in our non profit blackforestwave e.v.

Zenkit review by Consultant

"A solid centralized tool "

What do you like best?

That you you can switch to different filters in your management board.

What do you dislike?

The personal task overview. You always have favorite your tasks in order to have a good overview. Some tasks can relate to a specific topic but should not be in the pipe, or in different stages.

Project management and daily tasks. Its useful if you have many project at the same time and share it with teams

Zenkit review by Rostane G.
Rostane G.

"Loving it"

What do you like best?

The easy switch between views

It's minimaliste and I love it.

What do you dislike?

Missing some features, but it's still new...

And we need an app !! :)

Personal use for now.

"Lionel"

What do you like best?

It has a clear overview about projects and it's very easy to handle on the computer and as an app on the phone.

What do you dislike?

I'll be honest: I haven't made any negative experiences with Zenkit.

With Zenkit we are capable of working remotely and having access to all the documents and projects that are ongoing.

Zenkit review by Consultant in Construction
Consultant in Construction

"Excellente"

What do you like best?

Un outil complet remplaçant wunderlist et trillo.

Un outil pour s'organiser

What do you dislike?

Rien. Tout est bon il manque l application android

Gestion de projet

Zenkit review by User in Construction
User in Construction

" Excellent for task management and tracking progress"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, switching between different modes with all task info maintained between the modes, very customisable.

What do you dislike?

Waiting for the Android app which is coming soon.

Work and personal tasks for multiple projects all available on any device

Zenkit review by User

"Everything just works the way it should"

What do you like best?

Seamless switching from kanban to calendar to task list to whatever has completely changed my way of managing projects.

What do you dislike?

Rearranging collections would be nice to have.

Basic project management, social content calendars, microtask management...

Zenkit review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Awesome and fun to use!"

What do you like best?

I like that different tools are incorporated into one

What do you dislike?

Awaiting new android app -- coming soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try -- simple yet powerful tool!

Organizing workflow

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

great overview, Status view of Jobs, funny design

What do you dislike?

Nothing really on the Desktop app… mobile app bit complicated

Team Organisation for Events

Learning about Zenkit?

* We monitor all Zenkit reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.