3.6

Zephyr is an on-demand, cloud based Test Management Platform with innovative applications and unparalleled, metrics based visibility via real time dashboards.

Work for Zephyr?

Learning about Zephyr?

Zephyr Reviews

Ask Zephyr a Question
Showing 20 Zephyr reviews
Zephyr review by Gary S.
Gary S.

"Great Testing Software that integrates with Jira"

What do you like best?

I am a huge fan of the seamless intergration into Jira Projects that zephyr offers. The ease of use of zephyr when creating test cases within Jira projects and re-using test cases to run duplicate QA tasks make it a valuable tool for my daily work. We use Zephyr to QA servers that are created to make sure they are all configured correctly before we hand them off to the developers who will be using them in their production environment. It is important that the test steps can easily be duplicated and re-used because I often find myself performing the same set of test steps over and over again.

What do you dislike?

We have to maintain the test cases in 2 views, in the active sprint (i.e. the normal Jira workflow to mark the test cases as done) and in the Zephyr tests module to mark the test cases status. Other than that I highly enojory everything about the software

Zephyr solves the problem of test management within our organization. I have realized it solves the problem of keeping track of past tests we have completed and stores them seamlessly with other tickets within various Jira Projects.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zephyr
Zephyr review by Scott K.
Scott K.

"It works, plenty of room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Integrates well with JIRA, and it adds developer functionality in a way that doesn't required reinventing the wheel.

What do you dislike?

The API (ZAPI) is a separate product (two things to pay for, two things to maintain) and it doesn't work over https yet. The permissions are kind of hard to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using JIRA, then Zephyr makes sense for testing. It offers a lot of features, but the documentation could always be better. We have been using it for a year or so and we like it enough to keep it, but we are regularly modifying it to work better as we figure it out. Also, if you want to use the API, remember you will have to purchase ZAPI separately and it doesn't currently have https support.

We used to set up and run tests in a 3rd party application which required developers to use multiple applications to track everything. Now we can do it all in JIRA.

What Software Testing solution do you use?

Zephyr review by Vishal D.
Vishal D.

"Really useful Test Management Tool inside JIRA"

What do you like best?

You can Link your defects to Stories.

You can Link your defects to Task.

You can Link your defects to Requirements.

It is really easy to Create Test Cases, Update those test cases, and Cloning those test cases.

You can easily Planning the Test Cycle which makes it really useful.

The cloning is not only limited to Test Cases, It allows you to clone the whole test cycle.

Creation of manual test execution is one of the good advantage of Zephyr

Reusability of manual test execution

It allows assigning test cases to release.

A timeline gives an overview about the next test execution.

Other colleagues can provide their feedback by commenting on the test cases.

What do you dislike?

Test case importing from existing excel sheet is not easy.

Filtering and searching is quiet hectic when you have lots of test cases.

It does not allow to import the test results.

Test Case format can not be customized, it is fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to Use.

Found more useful than other Test Management tools.

Test Cases can be exported.

UI is really light, impressive and easy to use.

I used it for organizing my test cases and update my result.

Zephyr review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Extremely good test case management tool"

What do you like best?

Good test case management tools.

It can be integrated with the stories/features you are working on.

It can be linked to bugs found.

The smart back end. the design of the main function of the software is smart and does its job well.

What do you dislike?

Really bad interface. Zephyr should make more of an effort to match the front end to the back end.

Pricing could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to Use.

Found more useful than other Test Management tools.

Test Cases can be exported.

UI is really light, impressive and easy to use.

I used it for organizing my test cases and update my result.Based on the result, it is really easy to identify the success ratio of your execution, which helps me a lot in my product.It is one of the best Plug-in into JIRA for QA, Project manager and developers to monitor tests and execution results.

Zephyr review by User

"Zephyr for testing automation "

What do you like best?

we use Zephyr for testing automation ,

we keep track of all of our tests , it is well integrated with Jira

What do you dislike?

pricing ...

i would expect Zephyr would come as part of Jira ,

this is yet another way to charge for every different functionality in the tool - makes it an expensive solution overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zephyr is the natural option for automation test management with Jira ,

we looked at other tools but eventually Zephyr had the best / seamless integration with Jira .

since all our process are defined around Jira the leading factor was the integration .

before Zephyr different teams documented their tests in different places ,

now we have one place across teams where all tests are documented and tracks ,

it helps with end-to-end tests as well.

Zephyr review by Ramona S.
Ramona S.

"Very reliable test cases management tool"

What do you like best?

Good test case management tools.

It can be integrated with the stories/features you are working on.

It can be linked to bugs found.

It has different labels, which allow the tester to specify which test cases are automation candidates and which were run manually.

What do you dislike?

As the majority of test cases management tools, it can be time consuming sometimes, but still, it has brought improvements on this side as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best test cases management tools I have worked with so far.

Stakeholders are able to see which tests I've run, the number of failed/passed, which tests were automated, etc. All of this via an easy to use interface, integrated with Jira.

Zephyr review by Ron R.
Ron R.

"Zephyr Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to create a test plan and traceability between Task and Stories. Easy to execute test cases and monitor the daily test executions.

What do you dislike?

Every release of their new tool comes with problems that prevents usage for several days. The rollout releases and support could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good product that simplifies the software testing process. Good value for the money.

We wanted a test platform that could manage all aspects of the testing lifecycle for our company.

Zephyr review by Christophe M.
Christophe M.

"Release validation"

What do you like best?

The system is clear, with all test tools, like dashboard, test case, test execution report, release management, and link to Jira for issue.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, as the tool is answering to all my requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

good tools if you are usiing Jira as a bug tracker.

The test of each release is easier, and the result of test phase are very clear, in the result, but also during the progress of the test execution.

Zephyr review by Jacob W.
Jacob W.

"Great tool for test cases"

What do you like best?

Our company has pretty effectively utilized zephyr for running test cases through QA.

What do you dislike?

The integration with JIRA can be stronger - I would like to create more extensive layers of control within my test cases, which currently isn't supported

Our QA department, over nearly 30 different products, has unified their processes faster than any other department, largely in part due to zephyr.

Zephyr review by User

"Seamless way of viewing site traffic, easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

The layout of Zephyr makes it easy for me to view traffic to newer platforms.

Very easy navigation through menu !

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time to push this info out to other users, we spend a lot of time putting the info pulled from Zephyr into other software programs (like Slack or email newsletters) - it would be nice if this was all integrated into the same platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Note that you may have to link this with another program to push results out to other agents, some difficulty sharing pages with non-users

Sharing documents with users without an account

Zephyr review by Aly B.
Aly B.

"Not really sure"

What do you dislike?

I'm using zephyr to help me during the product development process. I would recommend it to anyone who needs to improve their workflow.

Zephyr review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for quality assurance and testing "

What do you like best?

The integration with JIRA is perhaps the best part. It has a pretty intutiive interface that makes QA a breeze and the ticketing system seamless when working between the analytics and development teams.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing to dislike from my end. The product has been the easiest QA tool I have used when compared to the very manual process of using debuggers and manual ticketing that my team and I used before. I'm looking forward to see additional innovations in the future.

Quality assurance of digital builds and products (site, app, software).

Zephyr review by Vinayak S.
Vinayak S.

"Best Test Management Solution"

What do you like best?

Best to keep track on latest release that will go into the production environment. Updates when users modify the status

What do you dislike?

The UI can be improved to make it more user friendly

We used it in the release of major regulatory requirements while working at Nomura to coordinated with the development team

Zephyr review by Anjel H.
Anjel H.

"Test Casing made easy"

What do you like best?

Usability of the site. The ability to track tests along side the associated bugs.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a bulk edit feature made the work tedious when it came time to manually import all 500+ of my team's test cases.

I convinced my company to adopt the use of Zephyr as a time saver and to allow us to better track test efforts and time costing.

Zephyr review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Buggy but adequate for starting with test management"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to schedule and assign test cases. I also like the ability to make issues in Jira complete with the step-by-step process to recreate behaviour.

What do you dislike?

Some of the organization is non-intuitive and buggy. I also think that it could be more user-friendly, perhaps with some pre-made templated test cases (titles giving hints on what to test and possible priorities)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start out with a sandbox environment for creating test cases. It's very frustrating to build detailed, elegant test cases to find that they are impractical and too rigid to assign to other testers.

Zephyr helped a former company get started with testing our product in a standardized way.

Zephyr review by User in Information Technology and Services

"That's OK"

What do you like best?

It's OK as basic test case management tool

What do you dislike?

Just two types of traceability reports are available:

1.Requirements --> Tests --> Executions --> Defects

2.Defects --> Executions --> Tests --> Requirements

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for comprehensive tools

Test Case management and reporting

Zephyr review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Automation Testing"

What do you like best?

We use this software for automation testing and have found that the user interface and overall quality of the products is very high.

What do you dislike?

The pricing of the software seemed a bit high for what it offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop diligently

This offers teams to submit their automation tests on the same platform which unifies the employees and the results.

Zephyr review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Zephyr a must for analysis"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the all the features regarding data analysis. It's a one stop analysis and quick returns.

What do you dislike?

It's does not have enough users for the healthcare professions.

I am able to do all my data research quickly and see my results in an easy to read and interpret fashion.

Zephyr review by User in Financial Services

"easy to use with many databasesurekahedge"

What do you like best?

Zephyr tool is great as its scalabikity lets you various databses out there

What do you dislike?

The me u could be improved and the importing speed

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing at this

Analytics, zephyr helps our analust to analuse data to a great extend

Zephyr review by User in Higher Education

"It was pretty difficult to search for the articles I was looking for. "

What do you like best?

The variety of websites that it worked with.

What do you dislike?

The functionality of the program was difficult to use.

Primarily used for school based research.

Learn more about Zephyr

Zephyr Videos

Learning about Zephyr?

* We monitor all Zephyr reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
3.6