Zerys

Content marketing software firm and resource hub. Content solutions for marketers, agencies and writers._

Work for Zerys?

Learning about Zerys?

Zerys Reviews

Ask Zerys a Question
Showing 16 Zerys reviews
Zerys review by Martin B.
Martin B.

"Freelance writers available on top... almost."

What do you like best?

Access to many freelancer writers covering a wide range of topics and the relative ease of which you can manage the writing and editing process with a freelancer writer is good.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not especially easy to use. The recent updates have improved things but I always feel like uploading a new project takes too long. There are too many clicks required to upload a brief.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend starting small! Managing the writers can be a joy at times, especially when you find some that you like, but sometimes it is really painful for all concerned. Make use of the writer auditions and give very clear briefs. Zerys as a platform is fine but the benefits come from matching people who need content with people who can provide it (sounds obvious!) but those relationships only flourish with well written, clear briefs!

We have in-house copywriting resource but sometimes we required additional resources on short notice or when the have capacity issues, Zerys can come to the rescue. Sometimes you might find that you need a specialist writer with subject knowledge that you just don't have in-house, which is also useful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zerys
Zerys review by Lisa R.
Lisa R.

"Zerys for Content"

What do you like best?

Zerys is a great way to be able to find content writers who can provide you the bones needed for SEO juice. It is great to be able to look for the writing style and the skill level all in one platform - which allows you to hand over assignments and review/provide feedback quickly and effectively. It's also easy to read reviews from previous users as well when deciding who to hire in.

What do you dislike?

The biggest downside was writer availability. Since the writers can only take a job at a time, and they are on the assignment until it is complete and accepted, you really have to identify several writers that you would like to continually work with in case your preferred writer is not available.

At the time I was a user of the product - we were generating a large amount of content - 10 blogs per week. Having a very small team, the use of Zerys allowed for us to focus more time on developing action plans and usage for the content, rather than identifying SMEs and working on links.

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

Zerys review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Good if you don't have a copy writer or just need some ideas"

What do you like best?

Zerys gives you a good way to create easy, high level content for your marketing team to use

What do you dislike?

First time we used the tool and had a project bid out on, when we received back headlines that weren't very creative. When we asked for some more ideas the writer acted like a little child and said we didn't know what we want and gave us a negative review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good solution if you are in need of easy content for your audience.

Zerys can help your organization for simple blogs or social blurbs when needing something fairly quick and high level.

Zerys review by Tim H.
Tim H.

"Ongoing Blogging"

What do you like best?

Once you discover writers you like, the process is simple to assign topics, provide direction and correspond with writers.

What do you dislike?

The client rating system doesn't realistically account for writer-side issues; there's a vindictive potential in this system when providing writers constructive feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get what you pay for. Seriously consider selecting writers who charge more. There will be less re-work and editing for you.

We have been able to help a client develop a large volume of content cost-effectively.

Zerys review by Louise A.
Louise A.

"Fast content for growing agencies "

What do you like best?

There are plenty of writers on the site, and at varying levels. This means you can often find writers that will fit the different types of content you require. It's not just limited to blog posts, you can find people with strengths in other types of online content.

What do you dislike?

The user interface isn't the most professional or easy to work with. They have made some changes over the past years, but it's not quite at the level that I would like to see with.

We're getting content for our agency at an affordable rate. We can also build relationships with writers and have a dependable network for ourselves and our clients.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Zerys Offers Variety Of Expertise "

What do you like best?

I like the vast selection of writers Zerys has available. Zerys has been around for several years, and the company I work for has been able to build a reliable, quality group of freelance writers we use on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

With the updates, I think Zerys loses its functionality and ease of navigability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe Zerys has acquired a talented group of writers that are well-versed in a diverse number of topics. Zerys is reliable, and the customer service response if fast, which I greatly appreciate. I do not believe Zerys' interface is as simple as it could be, however.

I work for a marketing agency with a variety of clients, from oil and gas to medical practices to non-profits. We require an expert group of writers that can deliver exceptional content at a fast turnaround.

Zerys review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Zerys is simple, does what you need, and is cheaper than you expect"

What do you like best?

It's simple and cheap. I can't remember when was the last time I created an amazing blog post draft in 2 days with just $20!

What do you dislike?

Their platform is not as sophisticated as most other cloud based apps these days. But I think they're making it better and better every day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to give them a try before you make a decision. You can post a project and see people working on it without even paying for them if you don't like it. It's really efficient for business owners and marketers.

We were looking for good writers that can understand the tone and branding of our business and after a few trials with some of the writers at Zerys, I finally found the one that understood us and then created amazing content in no time.

Zerys review by Ashley N.
Ashley N.

"A good starting point for content"

What do you like best?

Zerys allows you to access to a pool of writers and receive content quickly, for much cheaper than a proofreader.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the overall quality of work. It was a good starting point and then I come make edits to be more on brand. But, you have to expect that these writers don't know your brand in full and can only do so much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for basic level writing, like fun blog content, this is a good place. For something extremely on brand, do it in-house.

Writing content quickly without staffing up internally.

Zerys review by Marki P.
Marki P.

"Fantastic writing capabilities"

What do you like best?

Zerys is the best way to get quick and affordable writers to generate knowledgeable content for your website or business.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, you can avoid the costly aspects of an in-house writing team but outsourcing to Zerys.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a highly recommended service, great returns.

Making our website more professional in a costly manner. We've realized that you don't need to spend a ton of money or dedicate a ton of time to present good content to your readers.

Zerys review by Carolyn F.
Carolyn F.

"Poor Quality Writing"

What do you like best?

It's inexpensive and the support is good.

What do you dislike?

There are a few golden nuggets, however, most of the highly rated writers write poorly. They are paid by the word and, therefore, do not care about brevity. They tend to be quite wordy. Also, they write on a surface level and do not dig deeper for true insights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have found better writers on Upwork.

None anymore. I do not use them. It took too much time to edit the work that I received.

Zerys review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Content from Great Writers!"

What do you like best?

The pool of writers and the support of the Zerys staff makes the process so easy!

What do you dislike?

The auto reporting feature needs some work. Too many email alerts and no option to change that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The world of content marketing is growing and keeping up with the demands of uses is hard to do. Zerys helps make the process easier. While they don't have a "perfect" product, (who does), they do have a great platform that is getting better.

As an agency I need to create a lot of content. Doing it myself was no longer and options and Zerys was just what I needed. I have great content that helps me help my clients.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Professional Writer Marketplace"

What do you like best?

The writers are all extremely kind and meet the deadlines you give to them. If there is any reason a writer is unable to complete a project, they make sure to tell you.

What do you dislike?

There are instances where the writers don't understand the article to be written and don't give you the content you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there are other products like it, I believe Zerys gives you the most "bang for your buck" in terms of writer quality, system quality, and the quality of overall content.

We do not have the capacity to write our own content in house. Zerys saves us a huge amount of time by giving us writers who better know the industry of each client.

Zerys review by Aidan G.
Aidan G.

"Good but not great"

What do you like best?

Easy to manage and a goood at building out content

What do you dislike?

Writers were not great. Took several attempts to get an article in a good place. Some of the stuff was not well researched or we would have to rewrite/edit on top of their work.

We post magazine articles at least once a day. We used Zerys to supplement our own content.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Kind of hit or miss and there are lots of other services out there"

What do you like best?

The portal has gotten easier and easier to use and it does a lot to help you organize.

What do you dislike?

A lot of the writers, well, kind of suck. That can be awkward. They don't pay a whole lot, so it makes it hard to find really good writers.

I sold a few inbound marketing contracts with the expectation that I could find writers for the project on Zerys. I wound up searching for a long time to find writers that were good enough, and I ultimately did not find them on Zerys

Zerys review by User in Internet

"Zeros is the perfect solution for freelancers who experience a decrease in their work load. "

What do you like best?

Great place to go when looking to pick up some extra work. There have been days that I have logged on when I had no work from my regular clients, but thanks to Zerys I was able to keep working and bring in extra cash.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about Zerys that I dislike. It is a great content management system.

Zeros allows freelancers to have a more steady flow of work because there are always assignments available.

Zerys review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Not the final pr"

What do you like best?

It's a very cool concept and could potentially make content creation more affordable for smaller companies.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find good writers. Often writers only loosely follow directions so you end up reworking their content anyway.

The main benefit is affordability.

Learning about Zerys?

* We monitor all Zerys reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.