Zillow

Zillow is a real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help.

Work for Zillow?

Learning about Zillow?

Zillow Reviews

Showing 123 Zillow reviews
Zillow review by <span>Siobhan B.</span>
Siobhan B.

"Great concept, but information is not always up to date"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Zillow is the fact that it is so well known. The majority of new clients we get mention Zillow specifically, and how they saw our listing on the website.

What do you dislike?

Information on Zillow is not always up to date. Many times, I have to go into Zillow and manually update our listings to make sure that they are accurate. The biggest issue we have had is with price changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you list on Zillow, make sure that you check in periodically to ensure accuracy with your properties. If you are browsing as a buyer, it may be wise to check with an agent who has access to the local MLS to get more accurate information.

Zillow is great because it is free and so many buyers use it. We have had quite a few prospective buyers contact us and mention they saw our property on Zillow.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zillow
Zillow review by <span>Colleen S.</span>
Colleen S.

"Great Marketing Tool!"

What do you like best?

Zillow offers a user friendly, free mobile app that has been a huge asset to our property in terms of leasing and marketing. Their website is also user friendly and easy to update.

What do you dislike?

The website tends to be a little slow and not as easy to use as the mobile application. I also wish you could edit the address for listings after they have been created on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep your listings up to date! Customers do not like when they respond to outdated ads. I also recommend using professional pictures and to always include photos of the interiors of the property if possible. Renters/buyers are typically suspicious of a place that is not willing to share photos of the living space.

Zillow provides a way to reach thousands of potential renters through multiple sites with one post. Our traffic has increased ten fold since we started posting on Zillow.

What Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Listing solution do you use?

Zillow review by <span>Sarah M.</span>
Sarah M.

"The One we Have to Play Nice With"

What do you like best?

I like the large scale and widely known name of zillow. They have an easy app to use and it is very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the featured agents that are listed above the actually listing agents taking leads away. That is the most frequent complaint I hear from the agents in my firm. Additionally, the lag time in updates is frustrating for our sellers. It can take 12+ hours to update listing changes, and it is something that sellers see and immediately put onto the agent, not realizing it is really zillow's own struggle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it is crucial to be using Zillow, be aware of their update time.

Agents are able to have their listings available to the masses. In the world of "any press is good press," it helps to get your name and properties in front of potential buyers. The app is easy to use and it seems everyone has it. If you are a premier agent, I'm sure it's great for your business, but that's only if you are willing to pay the high price tag.

Zillow review by <span>Jessica M.</span>
Jessica M.

"Get great rental leads"

What do you like best?

I like that we can post on zillow and it automatically populates to Trulia. We get more leads than I anticipated and it's free! I only wish we had started using it even sooner!

What do you dislike?

We really like this tool for rental properties. We haven't found anything we didn't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a free ILS. You would be silly to not create an account and put your listings on here. Guaranteed at least one of the websites they post to will result in a lead.

We need to make sure people are finding our apartments for rent. Zillow allows us to showcase our apartments without charging us money. Plus it populates automatically to Trulia which gives us even more leads. We get more leads from this tool than we do from tools that cost us a lot of money each month. We really appreciate having Zillow as a resource for listing apartments for rent.

Zillow review by Administrator

"Zillow is an absolutely great software to use for Realtors"

What do you like best?

I love that you don't have to do much work on it at all. You just need to set up your profile, enter a few pieces of information, and your listings and solds automatically transfer over. Reviews are the most seamless part of Zillow that my clients and I love.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that Zillow is unable to go back in time and fetch all the previous properties that I have sold in my career. It would make it easier than to manually enter every single one of them. It's important to show prospective clients how much you have sold, so you look more appealing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get used to getting a lot of emails from Zillow! They love to send you a lot of information, whether it be about your listing or in general

Zillow provides the benefit of easy sharing my listings with either friends or clients. On Zillow they are able to view all the property information, like an agent would be able to.

Zillow review by User

"Effective With Some Hiccups"

What do you like best?

I love that everything is so user friendly and searchable. I love the way you can search/edit and the functionality. The app is user friendly and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like the way that the open houses glitch, it pulls from the MLS feed which is fine but it also has a tendency to not catch up very quickly if an open house is canceled/rescheduled. I find that the Zestimates throw clients off (either thinking their house is worth more/less than it actually is in market conditions). I also find that Zillow will market things as "available" when in fact they are not. It seems that the listing report feature has been changed as well or eliminated? The listing report feature was great and when Trulia merged with Zillow it wasn't affected but seems to be lately?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to reach out to the tech support. There's almost always a local rep in your area who can help meet your needs. Sometimes not the fastest responses but always personable and friendly. I think overall zillow is one of the best real estate sites/apps out there and it's worth it's glitches. It's expensive if you have the premier account but worth the price for impressions etc.

It's helpful for our clients to get a wide base of homes to view so they don't have to stick strictly to MLS or Realtor. We love the review feature, it's user friendly and easy to resend if it gets lost in clients mail. We also like that we can research For-Sale-By-Owners and that it's a great site for independent sellers.

Zillow review by <span>Sheena R.</span>
Sheena R.

"Best Source For Listing Your Property"

What do you like best?

This service is completely user-friendly and super effective for listing your property and home! I love how you have complete access and tools to make your home unique and attractive on many levels. It allows you to showcase and highlight each home feature and gives you plenty of room to work with descriptions and key points of the property listing.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the search feature that much. I have been on both sides of the program. Selling and also as a home buyer. The searches can get a bit tedious and time consuming but the mobile version of Zillow is very quick and easy if you are on the go. I would recommend everyone to get familiar with all the ins and outs of the website and program and utilize all features and create your own technique for success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try different pricing strategies to get the most money for your property. Use the help task button to allow you easy navigation through the different tools and available features. I love Zillow and have already recommended the service to friends and family

I was able to list my rental property through the service so that I could receive offers and bids from potential buyers. I was also able to assess the value based on similar properties and correctly price our home.

Zillow review by <span>Spencer S.</span>
Spencer S.

"Using Zillow as a Real Estate Agent for Data (not advertising)"

What do you like best?

The best part of Zillow is the ability to quickly see general information regarding a specific property with regards to estimated value and rent. It's also nice to see how this compares to other houses next to it or in the area.

What do you dislike?

As a realtor, the information is not good when given away to people that don't understand it. It is very common for people not in the real estate field to use Zillow information and then believe they know everything about the real estate market especially when it comes to valuing real estate. Then when they come to us, they do not listen to the advice that we have to give based off of experience and comparables to what we know is going on now. If we give in to that client and make decisions off of what they believe is right, and a sale goes poorly, they ultimately blame us, even though it was their opinion from Zillow that may have gotten them into this mess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a pedestrian user, don't use Zillow as a final end all for the data you receive. You have to treat it as one of your resources, and understand that it uses an algorithym to compute its values. As a result, it doesn't understand that certain properties can be very different than a simple math equation that you would not understand by just looking at specs.

I don't really solve any real business problem with Zillow. Zillow helps me get quick information that I can utilize to quickly compare an idea that I may have regarding a particular property. I guess you could say then that it saves me time. If Zillow didn't exist, I could still get the information that I needed, but it could take much longer depending on the specific property and the situation behind that.

Zillow review by <span>Kevan B.</span>
Kevan B.

"Very good website for checking out homes."

What do you like best?

This is a great website for looking at homes.. They have a lot of info about each home, schools, neighborhood etc. The website is pretty well laid out and its very easy to use. I have not heard any clients complain about the navigation so that's good.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What do you dislike?

It's hard to market yourself as an agent. There are a lot of agents on the site and the programs cost a lot of money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to maximize the free features before shelling out all the money.

Having clients look at homes on the site and then give me the RMLS number so that i can get them even more info and show them the home in person,.

"Zillow needs work! "

What do you like best?

Zillow is a strong platform and you will get exposure and views. The quality of viewers are ok, often the people who contact regarding a property are not really who they are. I prefer Zillow for looking at other properties than from listing my own.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have found the data to be off, when it estimates a property value either rental or sale it's usually too high or too low. This is not as reliable as StreetEasy for example. I have had sketchy people who are not qualified, who are scammers contact me and I see that it is way too easy to make a Zillow account and they should screen users better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to use other sites like Property Shark, Street Easy, direct real estate sites of companies. Zillow is good for skimming a view of properties.

I use Zillow to list and market properties. I also use Zillow for searching what is in the market in an neighborhood but do not prefer Zillow for the NYC area, I rather use Streeteasy for NYC and Zillow for the suburbs.

Zillow review by <span>Delbert A.</span>
Delbert A.

"Advertising Adair Springs Cabin on zillow."

What do you like best?

Zillow is well know in the real estate market. It is one way to advertise Adair Springs Cabin, my vacation rental in Pinetop, Arizona.

What do you dislike?

You must renew listing often in order for it to remain active.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zillow is one of the most popular real estate web sites out there. It is free to list on so why not take advantage of it?

Zillow has been an excellent way to let the community know that my cabin is available to rent as a vacation rental or long term rental.

Zillow review by <span>Clayton M.</span>
Clayton M.

"Use to promote my listings "

What do you like best?

Zillow is able to reach many people and it is a nice way to get your listing info out to potential buyers. Zillow integrates with your local MLS so it can be very nice and easy for it to update with you MLS so you don't have to worry about uploading all the info, your photos. your videos and all the stats. The actual sites seem to be user friendly for both agents and for the consumers. It will also upload info about what is around the area and schools as well. Its a great way to syndicate your home listings out to a large population. There are many free things that zillow offers for agents to help as well.

What do you dislike?

I feel the price of advertising and getting leads on zillow is getting to expensive. They also allow more then one agent to show up on your listing so you really only have a 25% chance of getting that lead. I do know they allow you to share the cost of buying leads with lenders so that is a positive. They did recently up the amount needed to spend each month to $1000 to get the lead scrubbing service. Of course there is always the issue of the zestimates being off and not the correct value. Homeowners are allowed to claim their listings and can edit the comments to update the facts on the home and that can help increase or dcrease the zestimate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good way to promote listings and get reviews.

Its a good way to promote your listings to try and get them sold. Because of price and length of contracts required I havnt done any paid services with them yet.

Zillow review by <span>William S.</span>
William S.

"Good Site but Not Great"

What do you like best?

It shows a vast array of properties that are currently on the market.

What do you dislike?

Not all the properties are verified and many of the aspects are inaccurate. Pricing details, square footage, and other important details are not always up to date. Also, they tend to have properties on their site that have either come off the market or are not even actually available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zillow is a great starting point for your real estate home search. However, not all date is accurate and thus it is very important to verify everything either with the listing agent or your own real estate agent. Often times agents will post listings that are not active to get your inquiry and business. Be weary of any property or deal that seems too good to be true. It usually is.

Zillow is a great way for real estate agents to advertise their own listings as well as advertise their services by paying for ads on the site. It gives agents a lot of exposure they otherwise wouldn't have.

Zillow review by <span>Sandra V.</span>
Sandra V.

"Premier Agent for Zillow"

What do you like best?

I like the exposue that Zillow provides...the site is easy to use and access and I know that when I list something, it will probably be seen on Zillow more than on any other site in existance in the area.

What do you dislike?

Many times the information is dated and incorrect. Properties on this site can often times not be traced back to the actual listing agent and I do not know how to help out a Zillow buyer looking for information on a property unless it is also listed on the MLS. To become a Premier agent it gets very expensive unless you share it with many, many, many other agents, giving you very little impressions for your money. Zillow is always looking for ways to make money out of an agent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be cautious about the information received on this site. If everyone would boycott this sight, I would support that, but as long as the seller and the buyer use it extensively, I will team with Zillow in order to make my listings as accurate as possible and to help my buyer and seller attain their goals.

I have gotten some leads from Zillow but not in the area I am paying for. Leads tend to come from areas of low priced properties that other agents often pass up.

Zillow review by <span>Heather F.</span>
Heather F.

"In-depth home info"

What do you like best?

I love that Zillow keeps track of so much home-buying and renting data that is easily accessible to all users. I have used this as a buyer, renter, and seller and it did not disappoint on any front.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about Zillow. I have never had any pressing issues and it's really simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many home-buying and renting websites and platforms available right now, so it is important that buyers and sellers know all of them in order to maximize their results. Zillow is a popular one for a reason - it's easy to use and navigate, and it has comprehensive information on all of the available and unavailable homes.

Zillow makes it easy to list rentals and homes for sale. It also allows you to advertise across multiple sites all at once.

Zillow review by <span>Dina P.</span>
Dina P.

"Great Website "

What do you like best?

Easy to use. This website is very good for people who just start searching for a house. It gives general idea about prices and what the market offers.

What do you dislike?

It does not give accurate information about "an estimate". It often confuses buyers and sellers what they can afford to buy and how much their house actually worth.

Not always up to date. Often buyers find listings that has been sold a few days ago and the status never been updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good website to advertise listings and get reviews from the past clients.

It's very expensive to pay for leads and from my experience it does not bring any strong leads.

easy to share listings with the clients and post it on social media.

like to use this website for reviews from my past clients.

Zillow review by <span>Eric V.</span>
Eric V.

"Zillow is OK, but there are better sites out there"

What do you like best?

Zillow is probably the most comprehensive site that does this sort of thing, so it can be a good starting place for researching what residential real estate is on the market, how much it is selling for, etc. Although not nearly as good as an official appraisal or Broker Opinion of Value, the Zestimate can be a useful tool for monitoring pricing trends and getting a sense for a property's value in any given market.

What do you dislike?

Although it has gotten better over the years, the data can be unreliable and/or outdated. Oftentimes houses will show up as active when they're already under contract or sold. Other times, apartments or houses that are listed for rent will show up as for sale. While definitely useful in certain ways, the Zestimate can also be a misleading figure, as it has a margin of error of up to 10%.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Zillow as one of many tools in your search for a new home or quest to sell your current one, but do not mistake it for a replacement for input from professionals and more sophisticated tools.

Zillow provides a user-friendly first point of entry for people interested in getting into the residential real estate market. The data isn't perfect, and neither is the user interface, but it's one of the better and more accessible tools out there for people doing research about the residential market.

Administrator in Real Estate

"Zillow is Convenient and easily accessible "

What do you like best?

Exactly what the title entails, Zillow is a well-known app/website that is easily accessible to the public. Very easy to use with instant information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes people will not update it as soon as a listing is done, which will be VERY annoying for agents and clients. It's a website that needs a lot of attention and updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need to constantly update your personal information/listings. Be organized and keep the customer happy with accurate and current information.

It is easily accessible to the public, and a great way to spread the word about your listings and name! The more people that see your listings, the more awareness it brings to your brand.

Zillow review by <span>Rachel W.</span>
Rachel W.

"A simple way to attract tenants"

What do you like best?

The popularity of the website, the advanced search options

What do you dislike?

It seems like it takes too long to remove/add listings - causes confusion with prospects

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the top sites for people to look for home buying/renting.

It's an easy way to advertise available listings. In this day and age more people are using the internet to search for rentals than the paper or even driving by rental signs.

Zillow review by User in Internet

"One of the largest places to look at real estate, but might not be the best places."

What do you like best?

Detailed information about homes, ie. when it was built, how many times it has been sold, zestimate and future growth. All this information has given me more to digest when making one of the largest decisions in my life. There is no substitute for having lots of data.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information is wrong or outdated. I once thought I found a place for sale that was really perfect, only to find out it had been sold and pending for 3 weeks. If there was a way to keep info updated and clean, I would have a lot more respect for the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your best to keep up with the Redfin's of the world. Zillow has started something great but Redfin is surpassing Zillow in accuracy and quality.

Needed to know which area/neighborhood I should buy/rent into. For work, needed to be able to locate areas that would benefit from using the platform.

User in Real Estate

"Great New Tool for Multifamily Housing"

What do you like best?

Zillow provides many filters to help you narrow down your search, map search, zip code search, etc. so many options for a seamless user experience. You can now advertise with Zillow for $10 a lead, very affordable! Zillow allows you to host your own website link to drive traffic back to your property websites and the leads are usually individuals who are actually very interested in renting with you because they've filled out an entire contact card.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there have not been any issues that we have come across lately. The back end system could be a little easier to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zillow offers 3 month advertising trials which is especially helpful in gathering data and evaluating if the source is actually working for you. The terms are simple and affordable and typically cap out at a certain level so you can easily budget and never end up spending more than expected.

The major benefit is affordability in getting contact info for actual qualified renters. Zillow also links out to other websites such as hotpads so you are populating in other website avenues as well.

Zillow review by <span>Sarah F.</span>
Sarah F.

"Not always accurate "

What do you like best?

It’s very easy to use and my clients can leave me reviews.

What do you dislike?

It’s not always the most accurate data.

It’s actually caused more problems then solved any. A lot of my clients get info from there but it’s inaccurate and I have to be the bearer of bad news. Benefits is it is easy to access and work.

Zillow review by <span>Laura S.</span>
Laura S.

"Consumer and Real Estate Broker Zillow Review"

What do you like best?

I have used Zillow as a consumer and as a professional Real Estate Broker. I like the mobile app and how you can draw your own specific search areas. Zillow also has good search criteria to more accurately target your search. I use Zillow as a supplemental tool to aid my MLS searches for listings. Zillow is the first place I look when searching for rental properties.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Zillow made their contributors update their listings more frequently. Many times I have requested to see a listing and found it to no longer be available, which is, very frustrating both if I am trying to show the property to someone or if I am looking for myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zillow is a very good tool to find both For Sale and For Rent listings. In my experience, I have found Zillow to have the highest number of listings available compared to other listing websites and they have a very user friendly site and app, both for Realtors and consumers.

Zillow allows me to find listings that may not be on the MLS. If I was showing a client homes in a specific area, I would want to make sure that I knew of every listing available and not just ones that are posted by realtors. Most "Sale by Owner" homes do not make it on the MLS so it is important to use other sites like Zillow, to aid in filling the gaps where tradition Real Estate software can fall short.

"Zillow"

What do you like best?

I'm not a fan of Zillow. However it does make listings very accessible to the general public. For the public they see this as a positive however some of the information that is given isn't correct which creates issues.

What do you dislike?

A lot. Zillow makes properties accessible to the general public. This leaves out the realtor until down the road if the clients are interested in said property. However, on Zillow I find some of the information to be inaccurate. Especially ZESTIMATES. These figures are often way off and upset owners and give buyers a skewed idea of the marketplace.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to cut down on the estimates given out to the general public. This is often not an accurate number and makes it difficult to appease sellers that are trying to get the most for their property.

I find zillow is best for rentals from a realtors point of view. Rentals can get time consuming. If the clients can pick out only a handful they are interested in based off what they see on zillow this cuts down the time it takes to find them the perfect place.

Zillow review by <span>Anita H.</span>
Anita H.

"Reliable real estate"

What do you like best?

The feature I like most is search by map

What do you dislike?

Needs more property feature options to aid in more precise narrowing of results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise users to utilize the property features to find the ideal home for them.

It allows me to assist in the location of potential future homes for clients. The options help to narrow the selection to personalize per customer.

Zillow review by <span>Vennessa (Nessa) M.</span>
Vennessa (Nessa) M.

"Great for checking the area and estimated price!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see most of the information in one spot. I can also see if the property is under contract or pending too! We use Zillow and other websites to estimate ARV's for our clients and determine a contract price. Zillow provides the county information, map view (which is great for seeing other properties on the street without having to visit the site!), and school information.

What do you dislike?

That the prices really aren't too accurate, yet customers think they are real.

Determining ARV without MLS

Zillow review by <span>Joseph H.</span>
Joseph H.

"Zillow"

What do you like best?

It is seen by millions! What more can you say??

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to find my contact data on the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It is exactly what it advertises!

The big issues are getting the house out there to those who are coming into the area but have never really looked for a home. Getting your pictures and home information is excellent.

Zillow review by <span>Bryan T.</span>
Bryan T.

"Zillow has a huge clientele base, but it needs improvements"

What do you like best?

Zillow is one of the leading rental websites, and a majority of the prospective renters I receive inquires from come from this site. This site definitely leads the others in popularity.

What do you dislike?

My biggest problem with Zillow is that it has in the past inaccurately listed stats on my properties. I had one single family home that was divided into 2 units, a 3 bed/1 bath upstairs and a 1 bed/1 bath downstairs. When I market these units separately I have all the information listed correctly on my end, but Zillow displays both as a 4 bed/ 2 bath at a rent price that does not correspond with a unit of that size. As you might imagine I would get hundreds of interested renters and its obviously misleading, frustrating, and unprofessional.

We are able to access a huge market of interested renters and future clientele. Owners interested in renting their properties with see my management company as a major player on this site and reach out to us for management purposes.

User in Real Estate

"Easy, vibrant, user interface"

What do you like best?

This application has just enough information to get potential customers excited about real estate but not so much that they think they don't need an agent to help.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could group searches together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good starting point for people dabbling in real estate but you can't rely on the completeness of the data to do a through pro-forma....but if you are house hunting for your primary residence it is fun.

Sourcing SF homes for real estate investing. Zillow is the easiest tool casually look around an area but is only one of many tools I use.

Zillow review by User in Farming
User in Farming

"Zillow "

What do you like best?

I would say Zillow is only helpful for realtors for their rental listings. As are more of these online platforms. More high end buyers aren't using such websites, and instead use resources provided from their well-trusted realtors. These websites make people think realtors are not needed which is definitely not the case by any means.

What do you dislike?

I highly dislike the zillow "zestimates". They are not accurate and highly irritate sellers. Because there is no way to adjust them they are misleading to potential buyers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be helpful if there is an overall website that correct inaccuracies across multiple websites. I notice a lot of inaccuracies pulled from the MLS listing and it is difficult to keep track of all these different secondary websites that pull that info.

The biggest issue that zillow helps with is moving rental listings quickly. Renters are the most likely to use such platforms.

User in Real Estate

"Great tool to generate leads"

What do you like best?

I love the Zillow app, and I love the hub and inbox. It's also really slick that it records calls that come in on the lead line. I have had great success using Zillow to generate more business.

What do you dislike?

I don't like being constantly asked to add new products and increase my monthly output. I think you should be able to "bundle" services for discounts when you want to be the featured agent on your own listing. It takes no time at all to spend $700+ a month on Zillow. I don't like that when you pay $350 a month to be the featured agent on your listings you still have a 24 hour window that other agents are listed - that first day is the most important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pick your initial zip code wisely. Don't jump in on one that's already dominated by another agent. Make sure you have reviews for clients to read. Partner with a lender to reduce costs. Do not use the Zillow generic replies -take the 2 minutes to send a personalized email, you get much better response.

I have had several successful closings from Zillow. I don't have time to do the lead gen that I should with a new baby and paying ZIllow to do my marketing has been a terrific time saver.

Administrator in Real Estate

"Not responsive, not helpful for agents - only interested in selling zip codes"

What do you like best?

Zillow has integrated MLS feeds so you can automatically send your listings there. But that's about all that's good about Zillow for agents.

What do you dislike?

Terrible and inattentive support (i.e., emails that respond to your inquiry that don't reference the issue you raised at all), inaccurate information on listings, automatic overrides that delete data or replace new data with older data (info and pictures), cold calls from sales reps trying to sell ad packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can avoid it, Zillow is a pain to work with. Virtually nothing works as it should the first time, and so it's very frustrating for agents. As a buyer or seller, I think the experience is very different. It's clear that Zillow isn't really interested in supporting agents - just cannibalizing our data and making money off of it.

Since Zillow has bought so much buyer traffic, your listings pretty much have to be on Zillow. But if it weren't for that necessity, I'd have no use for Zillow.

User in Real Estate

"Used previously, loved Zillow"

What do you like best?

I previously worked for a company that used Zillow to list our rentals, and what can I say except I was impressed. I find the the interface not only user friendly, but more user friendly than most other marking mediums.

What do you dislike?

What I wish that Zillow would add is a paid feature. Maybe allowing communities to boost their available rentals for an addition amount each month.

I feel like most people are using Zillow for home buying, and do not realize that it has a rental portion too. Therefore allowing us to capitalize on those merely browsing.

User in Real Estate

"premier agent with zillow"

What do you like best?

I like that this product gives me exposure, and the ease of user for the consumers. It is very easy to upload new listings and I like that I can add all photos at once.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the use of the Zillow pricing, I don't think it gives a good estimate of the property value. the listings can be outdated and I wish it would pull the info directly from the mls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

verify and include as much information as possible, and ad many photos, often the info is outdated and the Zillow estimate is low, so you want to show as much info as possible.

I am getting myself exposure, which as a new agent can be difficult. I have pick up a few clients from the site, but more importantly my past clients are able to share reviews, which for homebuyers without an agent is a great way to build my business.

Zillow review by Agency in Real Estate
Agency in Real Estate

"Zillow for an agent"

What do you like best?

Zillow is a great way for the public to get information about homes on the market. User friendly and contains a lot of historic data. Zillow is also a great platform for introducing yourself as an agent to the public.

What do you dislike?

Zillow often makes the public think they do not need an agent because of the plethora of information. Hard to get clients to take the time to review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take use of all the tools for Zillow. Promote yourself well if you are an agent. Differentiate your listings by utilizing to video portion.

Working with clients and let them know that a Zestimate is not always an accurate estimate. Still working to get previous clients to review me of Zillow.

Zillow review by <span>Tim W.</span>
Tim W.

"Helped me find my home!!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the “draw” feature. This allows me to look at a map and draw a circle or other shape around the desired area.

What do you dislike?

So far I have had no issues while using Zillow.

I haven’t used Zillow for any business problems. I did however use there services within the last week to find myself a home.

Zillow review by <span>John M.</span>
John M.

"John McMahon Acadia - Zillow Review"

What do you like best?

Zillow is an extremely comprehensive tool for understanding residential real estate, both single family and multifamily. They have a very user friendly and clear platform. Personally, I really like "zestimate". This is an interesting and accurate tool that helps individuals understand the value of their assets, and possibly what direction values are going.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how there is not much consistency with the type of photos that are uploaded as the description to the site. Without a set standard, there is room for manipulation and misleading the user. Properties are often shown in a light that is not accurate of their actual state.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zillow is a great tool for people researching real estate, either for their personal lives or professionally. I highly recommend it.

I am able to understand the current real estate market in a given area. I can also easily compare two different markets. The mortgage calculator gives me a general idea of our financing with the dedication of minimal manpower.

Zillow review by <span>Adi K.</span>
Adi K.

"Zillow is decent"

What do you like best?

The amount of data about the property is very helpful for consumers.

What do you dislike?

Zillow does not clearly communicate the limitations of their data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zillow works if you follow all of their steps. You need to be diligent in getting reviews and keeping your closings up to date.

Branding and reviews about my work.

Zillow review by Consultant in Commercial Real Estate
Consultant in Commercial Real Estate

"Decent starting point for residential real estate"

What do you like best?

The best aspect of Zillow is that it's free and accessible to the general public.

What do you dislike?

The accuracy of the estimates is erratic. A friend and I both have the exact same floor plan in the same development. We are located one street over in the same place on the cul de sac and yet our value estimates can vary by $30K-40K. And it flips back and forth on which house is higher valued.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it's a good starting point, proceed with caution when it comes to relying on it for accuracy pertaining to the value estimates.

I like the maps, as well as the street and aerial views. Quick and easy to pull up a home and find out the basic info. While I typically work on commercial properties, I am often looking up info on the local residential market as well and general house prices in the neighborhood. This is particularly helpful for demographics when working on properties in the retail sector.

Zillow review by <span>Bria G.</span>
Bria G.

"It works pretty well"

What do you like best?

I like that it's pretty user-friendly and it's a universal real esate advertising platform. Everyone knows about it so all of our customers always ask us about it.

What do you dislike?

We run into a lot of bugs when using their site. For example, when we update a listing on our end, it sometimes doesn't automatically transfer over to our listing on their site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using it because so many people are familiar with it and it's not worth it to exclude it.

It's an extra platform to advertise our apartment/properties.

Administrator in Real Estate

"Great for syndicating listings"

What do you like best?

When posting rental property listings, we like using Zillow to syndicate our listings to other sites and pull relevant property information like rental comparisons and bed/bath

What do you dislike?

We rent out properties that are also occasionally for sale, and Zillow won't allow you to post a rental and for sale ad at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We get a lot of spam through Zillow so make sure you're doing thorough screening before selecting an applicant

Attracting tenants to apply to our available rental properties

User in Real Estate

"Great website for buyers"

What do you like best?

It is a nice site for people to use who are just starting to search for a home to buy. The interface is user friendly, and the additional data contained about the surrounding areas is very helpful for some people.

What do you dislike?

Data sync is not always accurate for properties listed on the website. Many times our clients and prospective buyers get confused very easily about the details contained or omitted from the property details. Zestimate can be very confusing for clients who are sellers. It takes a long explanation to describe why their house may or may not fit withing what the website has entered for their Zestimate range.

Problem is that leads generated from this site are not high quality. Benefits are that people like to easy to use site

"Leads Galore "

What do you like best?

I love the amount of leads that we get from Zillow. It has really transformed our business. Our Online Sales Team receives a continuous stream of leads on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I would have would be their platform for media. They don't support all media outlets which is unfortunate.

We are receiving tons of leads. We are always looking for a certain amount of leads based on our conversions and sales goals. Zillow has helped us meet and exceed our goals.

Zillow review by <span>Gabriel S.</span>
Gabriel S.

"Great source for leads, but can be expensive"

What do you like best?

Unlike marketing efforts, where you are casting out a large net and hoping to catch something, with Zillow you are for the most part paying to be put in contact with people who are actively looking to buy or sell a home.

What do you dislike?

Borrowers are not always prequalified, sometimes are already represented, and not always that interested.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Partner up with a mortgage professional to share the marketing cost.

Zillow is a source for real estate leads. The benefit is it is possible to spend less time prospecting and more time selling.

Zillow review by <span>Stephen S.</span>
Stephen S.

"ZIllow is great tool to use when viewing valuations of residential property"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about zillow is the visualization of the houses and their prices. It's is a simple way to get a quick estimate on property.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about Zillow is that it is sometimes out of date (don't know if that can be fixed because every house can't be updated constantly)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely check zillow's site before moving forward with a house (when a main concern is price or valuation)

It helped me to find quick valuations for my boss as he was combing the market for investments in homes (fix and flip)

User in Real Estate

"Broad exposure for your rental properties"

What do you like best?

Great exposure for rental properties, easy mobile feature, robust analytics

What do you dislike?

Contacting agent feature can be confusing for end users not familiar with platform (i.e. pointing out clearly who the listing agent vs who the agent may be should the user need representation). Also, photographs often get distorted/rearranged when uploaded

Recommendations to others considering the product

Practice with both web and mobile platforms. Utilize features both as an advertiser and a shopper

Finding tenants for our rental properties. Evaluating competitive rental and sales prices.

"Zillow "

What do you like best?

I like that they have user-friendly apps for your phone & it's easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that their information isn't always accurate. For instance, house might have been sold a few weeks ago, but still listed on Zillow as live on the market. It throws consumers off if they are misinformed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helpful in certain scenarios but don't trust all the accuracy of Zillow(and remind your clients of that as well)..

Zillow can be useful for finding house specs if they aren't on MLS.

Zillow review by <span>Cassandra S.</span>
Cassandra S.

"House Hunting"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to search in a specific city and the amount of detail it allows you to narrow a search down too.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it is inaccurate with listings ( sometimes they are already pending/contingent/sold) so they are a lot slower than Realtor to update that info.

House hunting in specific areas, with specific criteria. Also staying on top of newest houses that go on the market.

"Zillow Review"

What do you like best?

With the way real estate is changing today, it is nice to have a website like Zillow in order to be able to research properties that one might want to visit. It allows one to do comparison shopping in certain areas and zip codes in order to settle on different things that one actually wants to see in order not to waste time.

What do you dislike?

Dislike the the information for available properties isn't regularly updated so you run into the issue that a house is sold or contingent but shows as available

Gives real market information on the housing markets for the designated markets that you are looking at

"Zillow Review"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to search within defined areas

What do you dislike?

I wish it gave a better explanation about upcoming listings and that foreclosures were not on the market yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

understand that foreclosures aren't necessary listed yet. If you do not see an address, it means it is not on the market.

I have realized that people really enjoy using the app as opposed to some of the MLS apps.

Zillow review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to get an estimate quickly on a property and it is convenient that it is nationwide, so it can give you values on properties that are elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

I would like it to give an estimated value for the month, as the value changes so quickly. When you print a listing, I would like it to be on one page instead of two, but those are minor details.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that the values are ever changing so they are not always the most accurate.

It avoids the necessity of an appraisal with the court, so it it quite useful for speeding up the probate process.

User in Real Estate

"Great for getting new clients "

What do you like best?

Zillow can be a great website for real estate agents to market their listings and get new clients.

What do you dislike?

I've had past situations with clients where they find homes on Zillows website that they are interested in viewing only to find those properties most times are no longer available.

Marketing listings on Zillow website is very good tool to get new clients.

Zillow review by <span>Corey S.</span>
Corey S.

"Great quick overview but often behind the market"

What do you like best?

The ease of finding any property you are looking for in their extensive database

What do you dislike?

They are often behind the market in recording transactions/listings/ and sales so it is hard to use them as a credible source for anything but comps

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue providing such an expansive database and concentrate on providing more timely adn up to date information

They are a good source to obtain basic comparables and receive a quick and basic insight into the local market

"Money Well Spent"

What do you like best?

Zillow's Concierge Service consistently connects me to serious, vetted buyer leads & saves me the time & frustration of follow-up.

What do you dislike?

No one likes to spend money & Zillow advertising isn't cheap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been advertising with Zillow for over 5 years. My return on this investment has been nothing short of phenomenal. Zillow has been an irreplaceable lynchpin in my rise to the status of Top Producer as one of the most successful agents in my brokerage.

Advertising on Zillow virtually guarantees a steady stream of buyers entering my pipeline. Over the past year my ROI has been 855%!

Administrator in Real Estate

"Zillow is easy to use and great for getting reviews from past clients "

What do you like best?

We most use the review feature. It is great to share with potential clients so they can see for themselves what past clients have said

What do you dislike?

I dislike that they are always trying to push their pro account on you

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only issue is that you cannot trust the “zestimate” and clients won’t understand that. It’s great for getting reviews

Client reviews

Zillow review by Consultant in Real Estate
Consultant in Real Estate

"Helpful"

What do you like best?

I like that Zillow is a quick and easy way to pull up information about properties while on the go. I can find last sale dates, see pictures and find out info about the neighborhood all in one place.

What do you dislike?

The inaccuracies of the information that is shared about the availability and value of homes. It causes a lot of confusion among buyers and sellers alike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop taking leads from agents who have listings and selling them to other agents..

Having the ability to access info quickly is great. Sometime the MLS takes longer, so I like that it saves time.

Zillow review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Zillow"

What do you like best?

It's nice that Zillow has all of the properties when you search by address and usually the square footage of the property is pretty correct however it doesn't always have everything

What do you dislike?

When searching on Zillow and pulling up the properties it generally does not have the value that it should As a broker we feel that we get more accurate value information from the title companies and comps

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it as a start and then I would look to other databases to ensure the value

We usually try to help owners figure out the value of their properties

Zillow review by <span>Breanna W.</span>
Breanna W.

"Easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

Like my title says, i enjoy the ease of use. I think its great when a program is efficient and self explanatory.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when searching, it does not refresh when you adjust your map.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend playing around in the interface and getting to know the software

Business wise I am able to see what houses and properties are available for purchase and rent as well as the value of said properties.

Zillow review by <span>Joe C.</span>
Joe C.

"THE home search App"

What do you like best?

The ability to get new buyers and sellers who are already on Zillow.

What do you dislike?

Does not update quickly or accurately with the market changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to your advantage as a realtor. It's why clients are using anyway.

A great way to have your buyers do a lot of their own home searching, they know what they want more than I do.

User in Real Estate

"I use Zillow to post home listings and search for "For Sale By Owner" listings."

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use on both a computer and a mobile device. It allows you to post a listing that is similar to and MLS listing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the information is not always up to date or valid. Sometimes it takes days or weeks for the information to be current. For example, a home that has been recently sold will still show up as an active listing on Zillow for about a week or so after the closing date. This is an issue for clients who like to use Zillow to search for homes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the "Zesitmates" and "Estimated monthly payments" for exactly that. They are ESTIMATES.

Benefits are that it is a client friendly app. Clients like to use it to see homes that may not be listed in MLS.

"Zillow for homes"

What do you like best?

Homes get listed on there quickly, I have preferred agent status, so I get call backs.

What do you dislike?

Zillow takes it'[s time to update , and homes can be in contract, or contingent, but still listed as active on their site

Zillow helps to get my listings out there and to direct new buyers to my personal web site.

Zillow review by <span>William N.</span>
William N.

"Kelley Blue-Book for Homes"

What do you like best?

Zillow allows me to gather market data on housing in the area. I also like the new features that are rolling out regarding MLS data. It integrates with other portals.

What do you dislike?

I experienced some buggy features. App randomly shuts down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend others to use the App.

It saves me time compared to other platforms.

"Foolproof Software"

What do you like best?

Simply, ease of use. This is extremely user friendly. I like how you can draw a search area or search by zip code. There are also a lot of options to help narrow down choices. I also like that you can see how many other users have saved a listing, so you can gauge interest to a certain extent.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you can go down a rabbit hole of listings, and it can be hard to retrace your steps. Maybe implement a browsing history?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save ANYTHING you'd like to go back to with the heart feature.

Ease of tracking down information.

Zillow review by <span>Tony T.</span>
Tony T.

"Zillow is a great resource for my business "

What do you like best?

Very easy to use , and I do get many great leads from using zillow

What do you dislike?

Sometimes updating listings and sales does not go as smoothly as I would like

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would defiantly recommend to others because

I love the reviews that my customers can leave I feel like this benefits my business

Zillow review by <span>Katie C.</span>
Katie C.

"I love the filter feature capability on Zillow!"

What do you like best?

That I can easily find real estate in a city and filter it by type and price and see many photos.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It's very easy to use. I would like to be able to create notifications that will alert me when a property with certain attributes becomes available.

I don't use this for business, just for personal. I want to find rural property and Zillow makes it easy to do so.

"Quick Reference Only"

What do you like best?

I like Zillow for quick reference and general knowledge. Also love the direct links to count websites.

What do you dislike?

The biggest complaint I have about Zillow is that it can give some people false confidence in the information and the "Zestimates"

We are able to search county information, suggested values, and other bits of info for quoting

Zillow review by <span>Joshua P.</span>
Joshua P.

"Decent Way To Find Properties"

What do you like best?

Zillow has a huge reach and makes it easy for us to reach our potential tenants.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes of market analysis on rental pricing is a little of in a lot of markets

Reaching our tenants with our vacant properties and helps us to maintain a high occupancy

Zillow review by <span>Nadia C.</span>
Nadia C.

"Zillow for property!"

What do you like best?

The app is super easy to use. I like that we are able to circle the area and focus on that location

What do you dislike?

The app sometimes lags and shuts down on its own

Not solving business problems but it is nice to help clients if they want to know price in certain area

User in Real Estate

"Incompatible /w the New York City market"

What do you like best?

Easy syndication from a variety of other platforms, seems to reach a lot of people and you get a good number of leads

What do you dislike?

Doesn't accept open listings in Manhattan which makeup a majority of the market. Can be difficult to check what apartment I actually listed, clicking through can result in a flash page without any apartment details. Many leads I get are also sent to every agent who listed that property, potentially a large number.

I have gotten some solid leads, allows me to more effectively market

"Easy but incomplete"

What do you like best?

Zillow is an extremely easy to use application. Zillow mapping helps browses to easily find properties in their price range. If you are a Zillow premier agent, you get multiple leads.

What do you dislike?

Zillow is not a reliable application to use for the serious buyer. Many reputable real estate companies don't put their listings into Zillow because of Zillow's terms of service.! Many agents don't like Zillow because of the number of frivolous leads received from button pushers instead of serious buyers.

Attempting to find serious buyers and sellers.

User in Real Estate

"Needs to update more frequently to show current and correct information "

What do you like best?

It's a quick and easy way to get a rough estimate of properties values, see photos, and start to understand the basics of real estate.

What do you dislike?

Although relatively good, Zillow does not seem to update its information, which means that when a home sells, it will stay on their website showing that it is still available. This starts to cause difficulty, because a client will send me a link saying, "Hey, I'd like to view this home!" And I have to tell them that it sold weeks ago...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to check multiple websites and consult an agent to see what is currently active inventory in the housing market.

I like to use multiple websites and inventory checkers to make sure that homes and information are current, correct, and useful for clients.

"Zillow"

What do you like best?

Zillow is trying to make the home buying process an online process, which removes vital links in the real estate transaction. Agents can pay to be on top of the actual listing agent which is unbeknownst to the customer.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that other agents can PAY to be on a listing page and be above me, the listing agent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it if you're being serious about buying a house.

I do not care for any of the features on zillow

"Buyer Leads"

What do you like best?

Many buyers begin with Zillow. They also provide a nice website & are the place where I gather my reviews.

What do you dislike?

I'm one of 3 and not one of the more populated (due to the price). Also, many of the leads are renters and I am not a rental agent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is probably the best known site for potential homebuyers out there. Once you get the lead, it's your job to convert them to clients.

Finding more clients. I have ended up working with a few.

Zillow review by <span>David J J.</span>
David J J.

"One of the Biggest Marketers of Your Listings"

What do you like best?

This website is great at pulling listings from the MLS.

What do you dislike?

The costs for leads is on the higher end of the spectrum and results are based upon photos and reviews.

Connecting to interested buyers and sellers through a channel outside of my company's website.

Zillow review by <span>Namita M.</span>
Namita M.

"Zillow review"

What do you like best?

Shows houses for sale with the estimate sale price and estimated rent we can get , school info and how many days on zillow

What do you dislike?

so many foreclosure house information which are no more in market

You can search new home without the realtor sending you information

Zillow review by <span>Alana M.</span>
Alana M.

"There is better apps out there.."

What do you like best?

That it gives you the most important facts that you need to know in the pictures, so you can just scroll down the list really fast.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't show anything about crime which is essential for any business.

Finding the right neighborhood to potentially open a business.

Zillow review by <span>Courtney D.</span>
Courtney D.

"Zillow review"

What do you like best?

Zillow reviews, listing management is an excellent product for lead generation. Their customer service for paying customers is not bad. Love that the agent can reply directly to a review and that the agent must enter in their own sales - it sets the experienced agents apart from the rookies.

What do you dislike?

The stigma attached to the Zestimates gets in the way sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Zillow - it has become a verb to the clients!

Focus on obtaining Zillow reviews has generated revenue/leads.

Zillow review by Agency in Real Estate
Agency in Real Estate

"Zillow!"

What do you like best?

Zillow is great. I would recommend it. It is very easy to use and navigate and the customer's accessibility is amazing. I would recommend this to many agents in the city and I use it all the time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that like Trulia, Zillow is all about exclusive listings. I used to receive many leads from Zillow unit Zillow acquired many listing sites and I feel like they have been limiting my leads with their new way of business!

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Zillow review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Zillow as my number one tool for house hunting"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. The best selection of houses (and most). Lots of details and information about the houses.

What do you dislike?

The page refreshes while browsing. It doesn't remember my previous search.

Finding a house is much easier with zillow. At least looking at options to see what's out there is easier.

User in Real Estate

"Zillow boosted my business!"

What do you like best?

After Zillow Concierge reaches out to a customer, I am able to convert the lead.

What do you dislike?

Zillow Premier adds to my monthly business expenses, and so I downgraded to Zillow's regular version. Some day I will return to Zillow Premier.

I am converting customer leads every day.

User in Real Estate

"Zillow helped me sell a house"

What do you like best?

Zillow helps me reach potential clients who view my listings who otherwise wouldn't see the listing on the MLS.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the information on Zillow is outdated. For example, a home is listed for sale, but really it is under contract, or already sold.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know that information isn't always accurate or up to date.

I was able to market a home I was selling to more clients. The buyers of the home found it through Zillow.

Zillow review by User in Computer Software

"User Experience "

What do you like best?

I can save searches, filter easily, and it gives me the ability to get notifications based on my searches.

What do you dislike?

It seems like there are some instances where the map gets a bit wonky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very reliable!

Reducing time and efficiency in looking for properties.

User in Real Estate

"Zillow - Friend of Foe?"

What do you like best?

It gives one a basis to start, provides a lot of data, options to review.

What do you dislike?

While it does provide a plethora of data the content, quality and reliability of said data often times is questionable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for general data overview, not rely on that data soley.

Ability to review what my clients and customers are looking at, and then proving my worth by showing them the true data, analytic's that pertain to their specific needs.

Zillow review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Real Estate
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Real Estate

"Nice Overview"

What do you like best?

It gives you a broad overview of the market and what your home is worth within reason

What do you dislike?

Its very rigid, it would be nice to be able to add to the home, or give updates if the home has currently been remodeled

Just getting an overall view of the market

Zillow review by <span>Tigh L.</span>
Tigh L.

"Zillow is Real Estate in America"

What do you like best?

Zillow has the most comprehensive listing database in the country.

What do you dislike?

The valuation models (Zestimates) aren't great in urban areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continue to improve data accuracy of subsidiary portal properties, like Trulia.

From finding listings or a real estate agent, Zillow is the best in the business.

Zillow review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Useful for me"

What do you like best?

Zillow allows me to see where I should focus my efforts

What do you dislike?

Wish they could identify open houses like realtor app

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

It allows me to see where my inspection services are needed most and I can better focus advertising, etc.

Zillow review by <span>Alexandra P.</span>
Alexandra P.

"Great tool to buy or rent"

What do you like best?

I love being able to save my searches and the homes that I am interested in.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more filters that you could use to find exactly what you are looking for.

Helpful for finding new hires a place to live when they relocate.

"Trusted consumer product"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly interface. Makes searching easy and quick. Nice professional look. Decent source of leads.

What do you dislike?

A lot of data can be out of date which makes it a bit annoying for the consumer. They'll see a property they like and they call on it only to find out that the property is already under contract.

Helps consumers who are not working with a realtor find properties.

Zillow can provide good leads to realtors.

Zillow review by <span>Mike J.</span>
Mike J.

"Zillow review"

What do you like best?

It is a great way to keep up to date with property values in my area.

What do you dislike?

Other sites are sometimes faster with new listings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great dataset

It has the most comprehensive data available, which helps to make decisions.

User in Real Estate

"Do not use or pay for Zillow service"

What do you like best?

There is no best to this product unless maybe you have a national. Agreement with them

What do you dislike?

The information is sometimes and many times not true or incorrect. They also display properties that are not for sale- it is not set up to serve the second home market or luxury market

I have had clients upset because they found bad info on this site

Zillow review by <span>Elizabeth C.</span>
Elizabeth C.

"Dir of Single Family"

What do you like best?

The estimated pricing they list for rentals and selling.

What do you dislike?

That sales listings knock the rental listing off the site if it is for the same home.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zillow is very thorough.

Marketing to rent the home.

Zillow review by Consultant in Real Estate
Consultant in Real Estate

"Zillow is not a friend to agents, but have to have an account"

What do you like best?

Website and app are nice and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

ZESTIMATES! These are rarely ever correct. They are either way over or under. This feature is awful and gives Sellers AND Buyers a false sense of what the market is doing.

We don't reccommend clients use this website, but we do encourage agents to sign-up so they can claim their listing and correct any misinfotmation Zillow is putting out there.

Zillow review by Administrator in Commercial Real Estate
Administrator in Commercial Real Estate

"Zillow Review"

What do you like best?

I love that our marketing team is able to handle everything, easy for me.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really stands out. I would have to say that their program is alright!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for advertising

Advertising!

"Too expensive"

What do you like best?

The only reason to advertise on Zillow is so that you are the only agent that appears on your listings. Other than that, I find it way overpriced for the amount and quality of leads.

What do you dislike?

Customer service is so-so. The people usually have another Realtor and are very short or just want information. A bunch of them are solicitors or renters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use Zillow to advertise. They are way too expensive. I have just about broken even on my investment.

I am not solving any problems using Zillow. I have realized a few decent leads.

Zillow review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"great source for residential data"

What do you like best?

ease of use

great user interface

database updated FAST

property pictures comprehensive

What do you dislike?

data integrity questionable at times. ALWAYS check sales comp data against actual county records

Recommendations to others considering the product

compare Zillow to Trulia and Redfin. Sometimes Zillow data missing or slow to arrive

finding residential properties

finding how other homes have been refurbished / decorated (for fix 'r upper properties)

"Is better now"

What do you like best?

Is easy to use by clients and it shows properties nice

What do you dislike?

Is not too accurate sometimes and clients rely to much on the information found there

Recommendations to others considering the product

People knows Zillow and use it, however on the agent side, customer service is not too fast and there is no phone number to call

My listings are well presented.

Zillow review by <span>Adam B.</span>
Adam B.

"Not my choice!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, Huge presents, and good advertising

What do you dislike?

Zestimates, pre-forclosures and making my life more difficult

Advertising. None?

User in Real Estate

"#1 real estate traffic site"

What do you like best?

it drives the most traffic so has the most information including user submitted info

What do you dislike?

valuations that take in certain user submitted data may skew actual valuations

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it for the amount of data that is available and as a tool for your needs. understand what the zestimates are and the limitation/benefits of each tool

being able to quickly reference property history and records

Zillow review by <span>Lexi J.</span>
Lexi J.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and is very user friendly

What do you dislike?

It seems to work a little slow occasionally

It's great for clients in allowing them to search effectively

Zillow review by <span>Perry W.</span>
Perry W.

"hated zillow bought postlets "

What do you like best?

Really great if you want to do market research: average rents and sales price, sales comps, etc.

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly when posting apartments for rent in NYC. This city has an open rental market and zillow doesn't cater to that.

The product aids me in my market research for clients.

Learning about Zillow?

* We monitor all Zillow reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.