ZipBooks

ZipBooks is an online invoicing program designed for small businesses. It is 100% free, forever.

Work for ZipBooks?

Learning about ZipBooks?

ZipBooks Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 65 ZipBooks reviews
ZipBooks review by <span>Tarek A.</span>
Tarek A.

"Zip Books is what I used, until they ruined the UX"

What do you like best?

UPDATE: This company thinks it is impossible to record seconds with their time tracker and have a pause at the same time.

"However, the new time tracker is designed to be even more accurate, to record actual stop and start time, and to account for seconds, so a pause button is not a viable option here. " - Zipbooks Support

After months of trying to give them constructive feedback, I am reduced to changing my G2crowd review.

Also, theIr UI is full unusable features, constantly promoting upgrades and asking for more money.

Switching to Freshbooks at the year of the year... I just used google's Stopwatch for the time being.

3 second search gives multiple solutions for the problem:

What do you dislike?

NEW REVIEW

ZipBooks decided to change their timer function for the worse. After multiple complaints, they said they would take no action to change this. The timer is the most important feature of my workflow. Now you can no longer pause the timer. Instead, they just input a new time entry.

Let's take some time to think.

I sit down to work start my timer. 10 mins into a task I get a phone call. PAUSE TIMER. Wait I can't... Start timer work 5 mins and I realize I need to get some water. PAUSE TIMER. Wait I can't...

At the end of the day, I end up with 50 or so time entries for a single project as I respect my clients timer to the second.

All the notes of tasks completed have to be kept on now if I was to work with this timer. Then to make my invoices human readable I need to consolidate all the time entries.

Starting to look like my timer tracker is more work than my actual job.

You think they would test features with users first. Offer both timers for awhile and wait for feedback?

Along with many of the bugs I found with this software, I usually have to make videos to show support before they believe anything is wrong with their product.

LOTS OF TIME WASTED FOR A LITTLE APPRECIATION. FIX YOUR FUCKING TIMER.

OLD REVIEW

I have run into a few bugs importing time. Some of the reporting features could be fine-tuned. I found certain things challenging when it comes to expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

STAY AWAY just pay for FreshBooks. They push broken feature on users and aren't open to feedback.

ZIPBOOKS feel free to contact me when you resolve your issues and I will be happy to alter my review. 5 months no sign of change from them.

Not to mention their UI is full of things to click that they want to you pay for. Here's an idea... Don't clutter your UI with features that aren't usable. Make features visible to those with access to them.

Recurring invoicing, invoicing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ZipBooks
ZipBooks review by <span>Diego L.</span>
Diego L.

"I love ZipBooks! Easy to use, beautiful invoices, and a solid time tracker"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can set up and send an invoice in a few minutes, pulling in existing products and services (complete with description). The addition of a time tracker was unexpected and very appreciated! I use it to keep track of the hours spent on certain projects with those clients that prefer hourly payment over per-project pricing. ZipBooks also allows for past hours tracked that are unpaid to be automagically pulled into a new or an existing invoice, making it super simple to make sure everything is included in an invoice before sendoff. The invoices are simple, clean, beautiful and there is an "include PDF" option when sending out the invoice to clients (for those that prefer to print out and save their invoices). The customer support is phenomenal -- the support staff is friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

It's still a relatively new software, and I was one of the early adopters, so there were a few minor bugs and quirks in the past. The good thing is, most of the bugs are squashed, and the roadmap for the future of the app looks very bright!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on the fence, Try out their basic FREE plan first, to set up your business (it won't take more than a few minutes), and then play around with the invoicing software. You'll see that it's super simple, easy, and quick to create a beautiful, clean invoice. When you feel like you got the hang of it (again, won't take you but a few minutes) go to their pricing page and decide which plan you need. I'm on the "Smarter Plan", valued at $15/mo. It's perfect for me and my small business.

ZipBooks primary benefit for me is that it saves me TIME. I don't need to spend 15-20 minutes fiddling around with layout, service descriptions, tax and email settings to get an invoice to the right person. On top of that, the invoices are simple, clean and beautiful, holding to the same high quality of my brand.

What Billing solution do you use?

ZipBooks review by <span>Marc M.</span>
Marc M.

"Helps me manage my freelance business, and great customer service"

What do you like best?

It's got a fantastic design. Any functionality that isn't suitable for my use case is pretty much out of the way, and the software lets me focus on whatever I need. The ability to re-order the top nav is really helpful since some functionality simply isn't really relevant to me.

Aside from that ZipBooks covers all my financial bases, and the automated invoice reminders with the little templating engine coupled with PayPal and Stripe support really helps to encourage faster payments.

What do you dislike?

Stripe integration is not currently available in Ireland, however when I contacted customer support about it they submitted a ticket to the engineers and assured me integration would be live within a few days.

Keeping invoices, estimates and other documents alongside this softwares financial tracking functionality really helps me manage finances as a small (one person) business. I don't have the money at the moment as a start up for a regular accountant, and ZipBooks is helping me keep everything in order for when I need to file my returns.

ZipBooks review by <span>Daniel B.</span>
Daniel B.

"Perfect accounting software for our start up company"

What do you like best?

Incredibly easy to use, professional and polished from UI to documents and reports. Powerful, regularly updated and improved, I am so excited to be a ZipBooks user knowing something this good is will get even better over time. As a startup company, we could not have asked for a better software program. Fortunate to have found ZipBooks!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have seen that it does not have that we need are as follows - and to their credit they have promptly responded to my inquiries on these subjects and have indicated they will be forthcoming in very near future update:

-Batch editing tools (especially for importing of bank and credit card transactions)

- Purchase Orders (POs)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up or switch yesterday if you can. If you have very complex accounting needs, maybe wait a while and I am sure a future release will bring what you need. It's a great product on the rise.

Just powerful and simple accounting software. Since most/all functionality is free, it's perfect for start up marketing company like ours.

ZipBooks review by <span>Mike W.</span>
Mike W.

"Emerging Competitor in the Market"

What do you like best?

Incredible customer service and a great set of features make ZipBooks an incredible value for the money.

What do you dislike?

I would love more documentation. There are things that are incredibly intuitive about the application, but there are also things that don't make sense unless you know exactly what to do. The support team really help with that though, as they are always quick to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them time to keep on adding features and leverage support wherever you can. I engaged support on an issue that I didn't think would get resolved based on some feedback I saw about one of their competitors, and sure enough their team team worked it out.

I'm starting a new business, so the number one problem is tracking my revenue and expenses.

ZipBooks review by <span>Brett G.</span>
Brett G.

"Both Quality Service and Design. Finally."

What do you like best?

The simplicity in design and functionality, without sacrificing the ability to be a powerful invoicing and accounting platform. As a designer, I love everything about the simplicity of the navigation, all the way to the inner workings of the application. And of course, it all transitions to the newly listed iOS app, which allows me to be mobile. I could go on, but you should just give it a try since you have nothing to lose.

What do you dislike?

Only minor details in iOS functionality, which will likely be resolved as the app evolves. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see customer relationship management (leads, sales, marketing, etc) functionality built in at some point. This would mean one platform to rule them all! (Shameless Lord of the Rings metaphor.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform to combine your invoicing and accounting needs this is it. If you are a designer like myself, it is even better.

I have been looking for a platform that combines invoicing and accounting functionality, along with the ability to import expenses from my business checking. I found it. I continue to find benefits over and over. I love the idea of automatic invoicing, not to mention that the entire platform is now mobile via the iOS app for me. Please make an iPad app too!

Learning about ZipBooks?

* We monitor all ZipBooks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.