ZipBooks

4.7
(68 reviews)

ZipBooks is an online invoicing program designed for small businesses. It is 100% free, forever.

Work for ZipBooks?

Learning about ZipBooks?

ZipBooks Reviews

Ask ZipBooks a Question
Showing 68 ZipBooks reviews
ZipBooks review by Aaron R.
Aaron R.

"ZipBooks - Exactly what we needed"

What do you like best?

User experience: I looked around at all the big players for small business accounting software (freshbooks, quickbooks, etc.). Zipbooks was by far the most modern, clean, and straightforward user experience. One thing, in particular, that I love is that it auto categorizes my imported bank transactions which saves me tons of time.

Gets Better & Better: Zipbooks does exactly what I need it to do. Even better - they continue to develop new, useful features that I didn't even realize I needed (until I get them!).

Specialized Needs: I was very impressed that they could connect with my bank (a smaller institution) rather than requiring me to continuously import those transactions manually. Several of the other software options I considered didn't allow that, which would have made using their products a total slog.

Support: They have in-app chat support. In the few instances where I needed to answer a question, their support folks got back to me within minutes. Really great.

What do you dislike?

We use Stripe as a payment processor for our online sales. At the moment, Zipbooks doesn't import our sales directly from Stripe and automatically reconcile them with my bank statements. I imagine they may get there soon given their pace of introducing new features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give zipbooks a try - you won't regret it!

As we grew into a more established business rather than a new startup, we were looking to get our books in shape for a variety of reasons. Having Zipbooks has made this a breeze -- our only regret is not starting sooner!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ZipBooks
ZipBooks review by Tarek A.
Tarek A.

"Zip Books is what I used, until they ruined the UX"

What do you like best?

UPDATE: This company thinks it is impossible to record seconds with their time tracker and have a pause at the same time.

"However, the new time tracker is designed to be even more accurate, to record actual stop and start time, and to account for seconds, so a pause button is not a viable option here. " - Zipbooks Support

After months of trying to give them constructive feedback, I am reduced to changing my G2crowd review.

Also, theIr UI is full unusable features, constantly promoting upgrades and asking for more money.

Switching to Freshbooks at the year of the year... I just used google's Stopwatch for the time being.

3 second search gives multiple solutions for the problem:

What do you dislike?

NEW REVIEW

ZipBooks decided to change their timer function for the worse. After multiple complaints, they said they would take no action to change this. The timer is the most important feature of my workflow. Now you can no longer pause the timer. Instead, they just input a new time entry.

Let's take some time to think.

I sit down to work start my timer. 10 mins into a task I get a phone call. PAUSE TIMER. Wait I can't... Start timer work 5 mins and I realize I need to get some water. PAUSE TIMER. Wait I can't...

At the end of the day, I end up with 50 or so time entries for a single project as I respect my clients timer to the second.

All the notes of tasks completed have to be kept on now if I was to work with this timer. Then to make my invoices human readable I need to consolidate all the time entries.

Starting to look like my timer tracker is more work than my actual job.

You think they would test features with users first. Offer both timers for awhile and wait for feedback?

Along with many of the bugs I found with this software, I usually have to make videos to show support before they believe anything is wrong with their product.

LOTS OF TIME WASTED FOR A LITTLE APPRECIATION. FIX YOUR FUCKING TIMER.

OLD REVIEW

I have run into a few bugs importing time. Some of the reporting features could be fine-tuned. I found certain things challenging when it comes to expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

STAY AWAY just pay for FreshBooks. They push broken feature on users and aren't open to feedback.

ZIPBOOKS feel free to contact me when you resolve your issues and I will be happy to alter my review. 5 months no sign of change from them.

Not to mention their UI is full of things to click that they want to you pay for. Here's an idea... Don't clutter your UI with features that aren't usable. Make features visible to those with access to them.

Recurring invoicing, invoicing.

What Billing solution do you use?

ZipBooks review by Diego L.
Diego L.

"I love ZipBooks! Easy to use, beautiful invoices, and a solid time tracker"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can set up and send an invoice in a few minutes, pulling in existing products and services (complete with description). The addition of a time tracker was unexpected and very appreciated! I use it to keep track of the hours spent on certain projects with those clients that prefer hourly payment over per-project pricing. ZipBooks also allows for past hours tracked that are unpaid to be automagically pulled into a new or an existing invoice, making it super simple to make sure everything is included in an invoice before sendoff. The invoices are simple, clean, beautiful and there is an "include PDF" option when sending out the invoice to clients (for those that prefer to print out and save their invoices). The customer support is phenomenal -- the support staff is friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

It's still a relatively new software, and I was one of the early adopters, so there were a few minor bugs and quirks in the past. The good thing is, most of the bugs are squashed, and the roadmap for the future of the app looks very bright!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on the fence, Try out their basic FREE plan first, to set up your business (it won't take more than a few minutes), and then play around with the invoicing software. You'll see that it's super simple, easy, and quick to create a beautiful, clean invoice. When you feel like you got the hang of it (again, won't take you but a few minutes) go to their pricing page and decide which plan you need. I'm on the "Smarter Plan", valued at $15/mo. It's perfect for me and my small business.

ZipBooks primary benefit for me is that it saves me TIME. I don't need to spend 15-20 minutes fiddling around with layout, service descriptions, tax and email settings to get an invoice to the right person. On top of that, the invoices are simple, clean and beautiful, holding to the same high quality of my brand.

ZipBooks review by Marc M.
Marc M.

"Helps me manage my freelance business, and great customer service"

What do you like best?

It's got a fantastic design. Any functionality that isn't suitable for my use case is pretty much out of the way, and the software lets me focus on whatever I need. The ability to re-order the top nav is really helpful since some functionality simply isn't really relevant to me.

Aside from that ZipBooks covers all my financial bases, and the automated invoice reminders with the little templating engine coupled with PayPal and Stripe support really helps to encourage faster payments.

What do you dislike?

Stripe integration is not currently available in Ireland, however when I contacted customer support about it they submitted a ticket to the engineers and assured me integration would be live within a few days.

Keeping invoices, estimates and other documents alongside this softwares financial tracking functionality really helps me manage finances as a small (one person) business. I don't have the money at the moment as a start up for a regular accountant, and ZipBooks is helping me keep everything in order for when I need to file my returns.

ZipBooks review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Perfect accounting software for our start up company"

What do you like best?

Incredibly easy to use, professional and polished from UI to documents and reports. Powerful, regularly updated and improved, I am so excited to be a ZipBooks user knowing something this good is will get even better over time. As a startup company, we could not have asked for a better software program. Fortunate to have found ZipBooks!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have seen that it does not have that we need are as follows - and to their credit they have promptly responded to my inquiries on these subjects and have indicated they will be forthcoming in very near future update:

-Batch editing tools (especially for importing of bank and credit card transactions)

- Purchase Orders (POs)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up or switch yesterday if you can. If you have very complex accounting needs, maybe wait a while and I am sure a future release will bring what you need. It's a great product on the rise.

Just powerful and simple accounting software. Since most/all functionality is free, it's perfect for start up marketing company like ours.

ZipBooks review by Mike W.
Mike W.

"Emerging Competitor in the Market"

What do you like best?

Incredible customer service and a great set of features make ZipBooks an incredible value for the money.

What do you dislike?

I would love more documentation. There are things that are incredibly intuitive about the application, but there are also things that don't make sense unless you know exactly what to do. The support team really help with that though, as they are always quick to respond.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them time to keep on adding features and leverage support wherever you can. I engaged support on an issue that I didn't think would get resolved based on some feedback I saw about one of their competitors, and sure enough their team team worked it out.

I'm starting a new business, so the number one problem is tracking my revenue and expenses.

ZipBooks review by Brett G.
Brett G.

"Both Quality Service and Design. Finally."

What do you like best?

The simplicity in design and functionality, without sacrificing the ability to be a powerful invoicing and accounting platform. As a designer, I love everything about the simplicity of the navigation, all the way to the inner workings of the application. And of course, it all transitions to the newly listed iOS app, which allows me to be mobile. I could go on, but you should just give it a try since you have nothing to lose.

What do you dislike?

Only minor details in iOS functionality, which will likely be resolved as the app evolves. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see customer relationship management (leads, sales, marketing, etc) functionality built in at some point. This would mean one platform to rule them all! (Shameless Lord of the Rings metaphor.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a platform to combine your invoicing and accounting needs this is it. If you are a designer like myself, it is even better.

I have been looking for a platform that combines invoicing and accounting functionality, along with the ability to import expenses from my business checking. I found it. I continue to find benefits over and over. I love the idea of automatic invoicing, not to mention that the entire platform is now mobile via the iOS app for me. Please make an iPad app too!

ZipBooks review by Suzaidee M.
Suzaidee M.

"Help me organize "

What do you like best?

It's simple to understand and easy to use. For a small business owner like me I find zipbooks get the job done easily. No more missing tracking payments from your invoices. Can prepare quotes while you on the move. The report can help you monitor your compqny financial situation.

What do you dislike?

It's not about dislikes but I would say improvement towards this great platform. I wish: -

- there's a payroll system that can help you organize payroll to your staff.

- it allows you to do quotes in draft mode (costing) so you can estimates if you making profitor how much you making for a projects or jobs. I use this tecnique when I'm preparing quotes in excel. It helps me see in a birdseye view about a projects.

- it allows you to customize your quotes, invoices and receipts. With the current system, It gets the job done but I wish theres a way it let you have few options to customize or templates you can choose

Easy tracking of my invoices. I'm just a guy who want to focus on my business. All these paperwork, tracking payments totally not my forte. Zipbooks really solves thise issues.

ZipBooks review by Alex R. S.
Alex R. S.

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

2 specific things: the accounting features, from basic to complicated, are not only so easy to use, but ZipBooks' customer service is impeccable; they respond very quickly and go the extra mile to help sort out any issues I may have. I can even access the entire site from my Android.

Accounting features. I am by no means an accounting expert and that is why I love ZipBooks. I run my own solo law practice and everything from time, client and matter tracking, to tracking business expenses, to the most important, billing, is all there in a very accessible format. The best part about ZipBooks' accounting features is that you don't have to be an accounting expert in order to just get to the basic features and needs; all other accounting software I have tried were bloated, overly-complicated and proved to be very difficult to get to even my most basic needs. ZipBooks is simple, the most basic accounting features are all front and center, but if you require more advancing accounting, they've got that too. I don't want to screw around with some overly-complicated system, that costs and arm and a leg, and takes me double the time to do what I need to get paid. Oh, and ZipBooks' features aren't only easy to navigate, but the graphics of the entire site are fantastic, as well.

Customer Service. As I mentioned before, I am not an accounting expert; I'm a 33 year old attorney who started a solo practice from scratch and have no accounting experience but for basic accounting skills. I know what I need to keep track of in order to get paid, but filling in all of that middle in between the first and final step, is where I sometimes need help. ZipBooks is not just easy to use, even for me, but when someone with my experience needs a lot of help understanding how to appropriately enter expenses, and receivables, etc., so that I can keep track of whether my practice is doing good or not by reading my financial report (which ZipBooks also does), ZipBooks customer support is diligent and exceptionally patient with me every time I reach out to them with what is probably a stupid question to someone answering the phones at Quicken. I have lost track of the amount of hours Karin and Emily have spent with me via chat scouring over my entries and transactions that I have unintentionally entered incorrectly, all to get me, a free-subscription customer (at the time), with accurate books. Not only are they diligent, but they're extremely patient with me as well, even as I make unsolicited recommendations on how to upgrade their software.

Specific Pros:

- Emails Invoices instead of requiring paper and mail;

- Customization of Invoices with logos, etc.;

- Automatic Payment Reminders can be set up to be emailed to clients;

- Automatic Invoice/Bill Tracking for late-paying clients;

- Transfers payments to connected banks;

- Customer Service is incredible;

- Customized Finance Reports;

- Easy to Understand Accounts Receivable; and

- Great-looking Website.

What do you dislike?

If you read my "What do you like best?" section, you'll realize that I have yet to find anything that I dislike about ZipBooks, and I have been using them for 9 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it; you won't be sorry. I'm only one, single user customer, who only pays $10/month, but with every use, I can envision how seamlessly my growing law firm and additional users will greatly utilize ZipBooks in the future.

A much better and accessible ability to track time and client expenses, which in turn allows me to get invoices out to clients much quicker. I can email invoices to clients which allows me to stop incurring business costs on paper and postage. ZipBooks sends automatic reminders to clients who have invoices outstanding based on the customized rules I've set up, allowing me to get paid sooner. ZipBooks allows me to add my logo to invoices, which allows me to look more professional to my clients. ZipBooks compiles all of my invoiced "sales," expenses, etc., and allows me to view a customized financial report based on accrual or cash basis, which allows me to pinpoint ways to improve upon either my business spending, client retention, and affords me the opportunity to make my business more successful. ZipBooks allows clients to pay invoices via credit card payments and allows clients to view their invoices via a link, which allows them to pay sooner and I, in turn, am paid sooner. Any time I fall into issues with my reports or transactions, or anything really, ZipBooks customer service is there to patiently and diligently investigate and resolve any issues I'm having, or just help explain some of the basic and even advanced accounting skills and terminology, which allows me to be more successful and spend less time figuring it out on my own.

All-in-all, I have three goals in operating my law practice; provide exemplary legal services to clients, get paid for those services, and continue to expand/grow. ZipBooks, by all of the information earlier-provided, most definitely helps make those goals happen much quicker than any other accounting or time-tracking software I've ever encountered.

ZipBooks review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Excellent tools for a small business"

What do you like best?

I was attracted to ZipBooks initially due to their invoicing feature, but I've slowly integrated all the other features they offer into my work flow and it's been extremely helpful to me. The product team is helpful and easy to connect with.

What do you dislike?

There are a few obvious issues with the UX/UI, but the team behind the product are very helpful in working around the issues and taking feedback to improve the product.

Invoicing, payment processing, and tracking bills/expenses. My accounting used to be a total mess, but ZipBooks has helped me spend less time sorting things out every month.

ZipBooks review by Collin K.
Collin K.

"Small Business Necessity"

What do you like best?

ZipBooks truly shows how effective a minimal design can be. Unlike Quickbooks, ZipBooks' dashboard is clean and clear showing only the information thats necessary on a daily basis. I love the ability to quickly track time and assign it to a client and the ease of developing an invoice or estimate. One of my favorite tools is ZipBooks' estimate tool. As a Web Designer, the ability to quickly create an informative and accurate invoice that not only looks good but works is priceless. I'm not the only one who loves using ZipBooks, my clients love it to. The streamlined invoice payments and estimate acceptance makes it easy for my clients to pay. On top of all this, its free - you honestly can't beat ZipBooks

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. My only dislike is pertaining to myself as I wish I would have found ZipBooks a long time ago. Rather than dislike I only have a few suggestions. While I know ZipBooks focuses on Small Businesses, I would love to see the ability to send partial payment invoices to make it easier to take down payments and deposits. Other than that, nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

As a small business our number one goal is cutting expenses down as much as possible without compromising productivity. ZipBooks allowed us to say adios to Quickbooks, not only cutting costs but also giving us a better product in the end. If you own a small business or are a solo entrepreneur ZipBooks will soon become your best friend in business.

ZipBooks review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple, Easy, Free, and So Helpful! Zipbooks is a Godsend"

What do you like best?

Zipbooks is so easy to use and it's free! It just has everything that's needed in an invoicing system: time tracking, client organization, beautiful invoices, instant payment system, and an absolutely outstanding interface. And the support is immediately responsive too! I actually am looking forward to using it more often. Thank you for making a beautiful and powerful product. The world has needed something like Zipbooks for a very long time.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't much I'd change about it. I just wish it was more widely known.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just check it out and see what I mean. You can enter your client's info, the amount due, and produce a great invoice in less than two minutes. It's ridiculously easy.

I am just starting out a small business and I needed something simple and quick to send out my first invoice. I've used systems before, but they always end up having some kind of fee for certain features. The benefits of using Zipbooks is their model of being free, so it makes sense to have something like this. It's just a no-brainer. I've used other systems and they're nice and intuitive, but Zipbooks has all the same functionalities and yet it doesn't cost anything. Furthermore, the client benefits too: they get great-looking invoices, an email to see it with a PDF attachment to download, and they get a way to pay right away straight to your account. It's unbelievably easy. Everyone wins!

ZipBooks review by Steven H.
Steven H.

"The Online Billing system I have been looking for!"

What do you like best?

As an IT consultant I am always looking for better solutions for myself as well as the clients I consult for. ZipBooks meets my needs 100%. It is a simple to use fast to learn billing and time tracking system. I love how easy it is to create a great looking invoices, track expenses by customer and keep track of receivables. It's online so it's always there if a client wants an invoice straight away. Now there is an app for the iPhone it is even more convenient. This week I used the estimate feature which converted to an invoice as soon as the client approved it. Great stuff. I hope to be using ZipBooks for a long time.

What do you dislike?

There is not a lot to dislike about ZipBooks. Like all products there are things that can make it suite an individuals needs better. The one feature I miss right now but am finding a work around, is the lack of Invoice item templates that would replace me typing the same description and rate/price on every invoice instead of a pull-down item.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It's a simple solution that will meet most small business users needs.

Being able to create invoices on the fly and in the field is a great asset. I find I am not working late into the night with my accounting, as it is mostly done on the job in the field.

ZipBooks review by Ruth S.
Ruth S.

"Zipbooks may be the app to really get me organized around my time tracking, estimates and invoicing."

What do you like best?

I really like the very clean and open layout, and the fact that I can handle time tracking, estimates and invoicing all in one place. And of course, I do like very much that it is free.

I also like that it was easy to set up credit card payments with Stripe, and I have already received my first payment!

I also like that I can customize my invoices and only include the info I want the client to see, even though I am presented with all of the time entries initially.

What do you dislike?

I find the Time Tracking piece a little confusing in that I have to keep clicking back on Time Tracking once I set up a new client and then I want to start tracking time right away. I have figured out that I need to click back on Time Tracking on the left to get to the different areas (Projects, Tasks).

I also am not crazy about the lack of help screens from within the app. However, I am in the middle of a chat with Brad about the Support category in their blog, and that is certainly a move in the right direction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is an ideal app for soloentrepreneurs and up (in terms of size of a small business). I have not yet explored everything, but I have gotten all the way through writing an invoice and getting paid via credit card right away. Very nifty!

Wanted to streamline and integrate my accounting, estimates, invoices and time tracking.

ZipBooks review by Rusty K.
Rusty K.

"Started out with a few bug but rapidly improved"

What do you like best?

I love the simple interface and deep inclusion of detail. Its not complicated such as quickbooks which makes it perfect for bookkeeping for people like me.

What do you dislike?

Some of the controls are not intuitive and take some figuring out with trial and error and frustration but once you figure them out they are fairly rapid to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zipbooks is now optimized for Windows 10. Take the time to learn to use the controls and use the customer support, they're great and very attentive.

I use Zipbooks for bookkeeping and invoicing my customers and collecting payments. Its awesome.

ZipBooks review by Luke D.
Luke D.

"Hands Down The Easiest To Use Cloud Accounting App - And it's FREE"

What do you like best?

I have and do recommend Zipbooks to people all the time.

It's incredibly easy to use, has no bugs, and has a bunch of features that long established accounting apps don't even have (why does Xero have no autobill feature? Zipbooks has it and it works perfectly).

Want to also say a huge thanks to the Zipbooks team - in the past I tried wave accounting, which was ok but had non-existent support.

Zipbooks has the best support of any cloud app I've used - often they'll get back to you and solve your question/issue within 5-15 minutes in the in app chat. It's crazy good.

Lastly, it's free and doesn't take a cut of the payments processed. In short, amazing

What do you dislike?

My only request would be to add international bank feeds - but honestly the product they've made in such a short time is already amazing, so I'm patient on this one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've not used Xero beyond it's free trial, but not only is Zipbooks less expensive (it's FREE), it has an easier to use interface and for small service businesses is honestly a better solution.

I needed an easy billing app that integrated with stripe and could charge automatically on a recurring basis.

Couldn't have come up with a better solution to this myself.

ZipBooks review by Alex H.
Alex H.

"A Beautiful, Intuitive, and Surprisingly Robust Accounting Platform"

What do you like best?

I love the design of the interface and how it allows me to quickly make changes and additions. When an app creates delight, it's got a home run. This is the case for me.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about ZipBooks. I only wish it had a couple more features like being able to have default saved text in the estimates and invoices. This is minor of course.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! The free monthly cost is what sealed the deal for me!

I am quickly, and efficiently taking care of my accounting and record keeping for my company. I am also beautifully representing my brand by sending a link to customers to share in the delight of the UX as I have too. This reflects well on me. Win-win.

ZipBooks review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"I love this alternative to Quickbooks!"

What do you like best?

The intuitiveness of the program allows for information to be entered by a novice like myself.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I think it's a wonderful alternative to having to purchase other programs that do the same thing. I don't need a lot of the functions of the more expensive packages. This is basic. That's what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a free alternative to Quickbooks and if you only need the basic accounting and organizational capabilities, then this has everything you need and probably a bit more! I am thankful for it.

I am solving the problem of keeping up with my expenses and payments to grab a quick overview of what I am actually accomplishing and for tax purposes. It resolves the issue of having all of my clients and information in one place.

ZipBooks review by Administrator

"Downright incredible. "

What do you like best?

Zipbooks is incredibly simple, intuitive and beautifully designed. I’ve used both quickbooks online and zipbooks for my business and can say, with confidence, that I have no plans to go back to quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

It’s still dealing with finance so there are some workflows you’ll. We’d to get the hang of. But that is the case with any bookkeeping software. Their support is out of this world Stella and they will help you out along the way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are still a young company. They listen to feedback and they are quick to implement. Their integrations are currently slim pickings (they have 1 integration with square at the time of writing this review). But hey supposedly have more in the works! That’s good news.

Organized invoicing and bookkeeping.

ZipBooks review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"Simple, effective and clean"

What do you like best?

I really like the interface and the pricing. It's very easy to send out invoices and collect payment on those invoices. The automated bank records categorizer is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

There are not nearly as many integrations as some of the others, but for this business it was not a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a free try.

Keeping track of invoices and our overall accounts/where money is going.

ZipBooks review by Ezekiel V.
Ezekiel V.

"Excellent product, lightweight, just what is needed for small business"

What do you like best?

There aren't a lot of free options out there for small business books management. Zipbooks fits perfectly and has just what I need without a bunch of extra cruft, and without $$$.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to export books or have some sort of auto-cloud backup; something I could be sure that my data would be safe even if Zipbooks doesn't make it as a company in the long haul.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It's free. It will be hard to find another piece of software that comes close for free, let alone for pay.

Needed to track expenses and invoices for a small real estate business. It is much better than just doing so in Excel.

ZipBooks review by Tyler B.
Tyler B.

"Zipbooks makes my side gig much easier!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can sync multiple bank accounts, and get paid on time if the customer is late. Also, ZipBooks is really easy to use so there isn't much of a learning curve, which I don't have time for as I also have a full time job in addition to running my side business.

What do you dislike?

It's clear that ZipBooks is fairly new, and sometimes the UI lacks polish. I'm confident they will continue to improve the software quickly though. For example, their iPhone app has improved quite a bit since launch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give it a shot right away!

Overall, Zipbooks has made it less of a pain to run a side business by helping me with accounting and billing.

ZipBooks review by Anastasia B.
Anastasia B.

"Really user friendly, every small business should use it!"

What do you like best?

I really love the simplicity of the platform, it's so easy to use!

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing, I've been using it for 2 years and I'm yet to find anything I don't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, don't even think about it, it's really brilliant and will absolutely change your business!

I'm solving book keeping problems, no longer need to sit down with a spreadsheet and spend hours on it!

ZipBooks review by Roger D.
Roger D.

"Review of ZipBooks"

What do you like best?

I started using this product for my small IT Consulting company and find it incredibly easy to use and by being so, I can keep up with my invoicing and receipts without spending a lot of time or effort. The invoice is held as a draft till i am ready to send, then it emails a copy to me and my client. I have Stripe integrated with my ZipBooks account and that gives the client the option to click and pay with a debit or credit card and when paid it sends client a receipt. If they pay by check, when I mark the invoice paid with the check number, it gives me the option to send out a paid confirmation on the invoice. I really like that feature.

What do you dislike?

No complaints from me on the product.. my accounting is simple and the product has all the features I need.

A/R .. Accounts receivable.. I always had trouble keeping up with invoicing and payments. When you run your own small business and you get home after a long day.. bookkeeping was always the last thing I wanted to do. ZipBooks makes it so easy, that even if I wait till end of day, I do not dread the process and everything stays up to date. Thanks ZipBooks!

ZipBooks review by Creative Artist I.
Creative Artist I.

"Great for any company"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. All your spending and expenses in one place. You can keep track of your payroll and you can process orders in a simple 1,2,3 steps. You can have reoccurring invoices sent to clients. everything you need for a small business.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about this but when you are in the expense tab I wish you can select multiple items to delete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it does invoicing quick payment processing, keeps track of expenses. etc.

It is solving all my payment processing needs as well as keeping track of the money coming in and going out of the company just great.

ZipBooks review by Gaetan N.
Gaetan N.

"Awesome light weight accounting software"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and intuitive UI. Takes less than a day to setup and saves loads of time to make your invoices

What do you dislike?

Few feature missing. E.g. due date on recurring invoices

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business, which to simplify the process to send invoice, track payment and expense. This is the software to go

Accounting of my business for someone who has limited accounting knwoledge

ZipBooks review by Skylar M.
Skylar M.

"User"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access ZipBooks on all my devices. It is cloud-based and also has a good native iPhone app. From a technology standpoint, I don't have to do anything special to make it work for me. I know it is free, but I still want an app to work well in the different situations where I need to send an invoice.

What do you dislike?

Dislike is maybe a little strong but I do think that there are little issues here and there that could be smoothed out. For example being able to customize the look and feel of an invoice would be nice. Nuts and bolts it gets the job done and they are pushing out updates all the time so I am willing to hang in there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would give it a try. If you are transitioning from another accounting app or you are just getting started, it is a free app and it doesn't feel like a free app. Great experience overall and I have high hopes for it long-term.

I use ZipBooks to do my billing and stay on top of deductions. Send out recurring invoices, process credit card payments and track my business expenses for the end of the year tax stuff.

ZipBooks review by Mary H.
Mary H.

"ZipBooks Rocks! "

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use. ZipBooks has made accounting really easy for me! I always know the status of my invoices at a glance. It's easy to create new clients, track payments, and remind my clients when it's time to pay. The ZipBooks team is always available if I need help (which is seldom), and they've taken a LOT of my feedback and delivered new features!

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular - - everything I've suggested to the ZipBooks team, they deliver!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch!! I recommend ZipBooks to ALL of my clients!

I'm a business owner, and while I don't do my own accounting, I like to have a handle on my financial situation. ZipBooks makes it so easy for me to see what's going on with my client accounts and invoices. For me, I feel like I can make better decisions, follow up when necessary, and just have an over all better grasp on my business with ZipBooks.

ZipBooks review by Rachel L.
Rachel L.

"Loving ZipBooks for now"

What do you like best?

Because we can access it from anywhere (many of us work remotely)

What do you dislike?

The dashboard could be a bit more user friendly; however, this is not a show stopper for us.

Accounting and invoicing for our projects

ZipBooks review by Sarah T.
Sarah T.

"GREAT product, always updating and responding to feedback!"

What do you like best?

I love the expense tracking and automatic report generation. As a very small business owner who is doing my own books for now, these features are invaluable. I have also LOVED that I can now track receipts through the app, and it makes it so much easier to stay on top of my books while I'm on the go.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Everything I've suggested, they've addressed quickly and they're constantly rolling out updates and keeping users informed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed trying ZipBooks! I recommend it to everyone!

Keeping everything in one location is hugely valuable to helping me stay organized and one less thing to worry about as a business owner.

ZipBooks review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Must have for small business owners"

What do you like best?

Zipbooks is a great tool for staying on top of finances. Gets you out of spreadsheets and make-shift invoices and gives you a view into what's going on with all of your customers, projects, and invoices all from your phone. Did I mention it's free.

What do you dislike?

The product works as promised. I'm sure there may be some edge cases where a certain feature would be nice but the platform works smoothly and is easy to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try for a month

For most business invoicing and keeping track of finances is not their core competency. Zipbooks eases the burden of accounting and collecting invoices. The product gives you help where you need it, with accounting, flexible payment options, and a get paid now feature when cash is needed immediately.

Zipbooks makes it easier to get back to focusing on growing your business.

ZipBooks review by Jill M.
Jill M.

"Everything i need in one app! best of all, it's free!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, complete and FREE! It has definitely helped streamline my accounting processes.

What do you dislike?

I LOVE EVERTHING ABOUT IT! I din't think there's anything I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I cannot rave enough about Zipbooks and how it has changed the way i do business. Now, everything is organized online on this app. It's easy to use and understand and has everything I need to do simple accounting for my small business! I can send invoices, track payments even on the go! :) Love, love, love it!! :)

It has streamlines my accounting. Never going back to manual accounting again! Yahoo!

ZipBooks review by Marc-André C.
Marc-André C.

"Makes everything about invoicing so much easier and streamlined"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to invoice people. Moreover, how it just manages everything for you and just looks great over all.

What do you dislike?

Only once did a client "didn't receive an invoice" because it had fallen in their Spam inbox. I ont event know if they were truthful or avoiding a late deadline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it and I'm sure that you'll love it

It saves me a tone of time and keeps everything organized. It's totally easy to work with and I have been invoicing people much faster now that I don't see it as this "big" task.

ZipBooks review by Paul H.
Paul H.

"Best cloud accounting software available"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of this app makes it a no brainer to decide to go for it

What do you dislike?

None that I can think of at the moment. Maybe the app!

Not outsourcing our accounting. We were able to achieve this

ZipBooks review by André M.
André M.

"Simple, Easy and Free"

What do you like best?

I've used Quickbooks, and Freshbooks previously. Zip Books makes it simple to invoice your customers and manage your accounts with ease.

What do you dislike?

Mobile application needs a complete overhaul, the user interface is awful on Android, not sure about iPhone.

I needed new accounting software and did not want to pay upwards of $20/month for Quickbooks for my business and Freshbooks is just awful.

ZipBooks review by Tracy L.
Tracy L.

"Great service--so easy and responsive!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that it's a free service but so good it's as if it's paid. I like being able to accept credit cards AND PayPal payments from my customers.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything--ZipBooks is fantastic!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've already recommended ZipBooks to others in the voiceover industry! I like being able to quote for a project, then click a button and turn it into an invoice--so easy!

I just needed a great invoicing system and that's what I got. It's easy to use and uncomplicated--very user-friendly.

ZipBooks review by Taylor H.
Taylor H.

"Great alternative to fresh books..."

What do you like best?

The design is simple, clean and efficient. It offers almost the same features as the paid Fresh books service, so it's a great save. The mobile app really makes invoicing on the go handy. Plus having unlimited clients was a big sell.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far... Like the staff have been helpful in bringing my data across.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go ev n if you have another program. They can transfer all your data across with ease.

Unlimited clients to bill, as I bill usually once per customer.

ZipBooks review by Debbie D.
Debbie D.

"We love using ZipBooks."

What do you like best?

It is so simple to keep records and itemize by category.

Invoicing is also made easy, and I have all my records right in front of me. I love how it just adds everything without any effort on my part.

From start to finish , estimates, payments , expenses and time tracking . The easiest way to do taxes with the reports.

We can not say enough about ZipBooks. We will continue to use it as our business keeps growing.

What do you dislike?

I sat here for several minutes and could not think of one thing .

I now have all of my records at my fingertips. I don't have to go through a paper trail to find an invoice or to track an expense.

ZipBooks review by Éric S.
Éric S.

"ZipBooks is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Free services* with awesome application and design.

What do you dislike?

Not much for now. Maybe it's a pretty new business. Will they be able to follow the growth ? Will they be secure enough ?

We are a tiny startup and dont have too much cash for now. Having this awesome service for free is awesome. Credit cards fees seems to be a fair way to pay for this service

ZipBooks review by Dane T.
Dane T.

"Best, easiest to use invoicing & time management software"

What do you like best?

Dead simple to set up and use, beautifully designed interface. Mobile app is amazing, too. Direct integration with Stripe & Google Apps for Work.

What do you dislike?

Not one single thing. The support has been very responsive, the app is great. Everything is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its the easiest to set up and use invoicing software, you literally can get up and running in a few minutes.

Did I mention it was free?

Small business bookkeeping, invoicing, time tracking, and credit card processing.

ZipBooks review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Zipbook is very easy to use "

What do you like best?

Firstly, I liked this so much as I'm from zero accounting background didn't find the problem to understand in just 5 min, this is so easy to understand and super UI. All I wanted to know if they can add an Export option in.XLSX and.PDF.

What do you dislike?

I can't export file in XLSX or PDF, it's important to keep back at my own for future usage

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great software for early startup companies, individual freelancer or professional.

Zipbook is helping me to get most of the important problem to record my accounting software, There might have so many software for international clients only but zip book is real global as because they are allowing me to use it freely from even bangladesh.

ZipBooks review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Very basic, VERY poor poor customer support"

What do you like best?

Free.

Connects with PayPal, Stripe and WePay.

Clean simple web interface.

What do you dislike?

The customer support is atrocious. I had two issues; resetting my user data and a screwed up connection to Stripe. The first was still outstanding 3 weeks later, the second 4 days later. No feedback from their support until I chased them up with followup messages.

Eventually we agreed to delete my account and I'd start from scratched. That was 2 days ago and I honestly don't expect it to happen.

I'll be staying with Xero. A much more professional product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless your needs are very basic then seriously think about using a paid solution.

n/a

ZipBooks review by Megan B.
Megan B.

"A great accounting software for a new business"

What do you like best?

It is simple to setup and has a plethora of features for a free accounting software. You get reports, invoices, and even the ability to send quotes. Support is amazing!!

What do you dislike?

Feature rollout is a bit slow. Otherwise there are no complaints from me.

It allowed me to create needed reports such as profit and loss. I could track time and add it to invoices.

ZipBooks review by Preston F.
Preston F.

"Great Product, easy to use. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy how easy it is to really get in, track some time and bill clients. Itemized lists by project, task, and client is really helpful.

What do you dislike?

If I end up recording some time, and need to tack on another hour after getting pulled back onto a task, you have to add a second line item, or delete the previous one and re-add the hours with the additional hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using it right away ;)

I really like my business to be transparent with money. QuickBooks is powerful, but its built for my accountant not for me. ZipBooks gives it to me straight and I am able to keep my small business moving.

ZipBooks review by Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.

"ZipBooks is a game changer"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use! All I had to do was input all my client data and begin creating invoices!

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a daily in's and out's report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up now! It is so easy and saves you loads of time!

I have been struggling with the accounting side of my small business for years now! This has made it so easy to check and balance payments.

ZipBooks review by Roman L.
Roman L.

"Outstanding product and support"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, quick learning curve, incredible support with even the most minor questions or issues

What do you dislike?

Haven't really found anything I dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try for a couple of days and you'll never want to go back to Quickbooks or your other software again... And I'm a difficult one to please.

Use the software for invoicing clients, keeping track of payments and A/R and for generating accurate reports on the fly for myself or my accountant.

ZipBooks review by Daniel E.
Daniel E.

"Great product - even better customer service!"

What do you like best?

This program is extremely easy to use and allows for simple accounting and bookkeeping.

What do you dislike?

My only qualm is that my bank is not yet supported on their systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure it can connect with your bank!

I can track all expenses and my time very easily and it keeps me organized !

ZipBooks review by Andreas G.
Andreas G.

"Simple and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use ZipBooks. I can create estimates and convert them to invoices in a few clicks. The user interface is clean and minimal and not confusing at all. Love it.

What do you dislike?

Wouldn't mind integration with the Dutch payment system iDeal. Hopefully the future will allow it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free forever, excellent design and ease of use.

Online invoicing that I can manage from all my devices.

ZipBooks review by Emily B.
Emily B.

"Excellent for accounting and invoicing"

What do you like best?

The best thing about ZipBooks is that's very easy to use. I typically use it to send invoices, though I have used the time tracking app as well. I love that it's free and I hope it stays that way.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I really dislike about ZipBooks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since it's free, it's worth trying out at least once to see if you like it. The iPhone app seems pretty cool as well.

The best problem it solves for me is sending invoices. I hate doing that through paypal since they take a pretty substantial cut.

ZipBooks review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Free, easy to use and handle invoices webapp for freelancers and remote teams"

What do you like best?

Easy to sign up, saves information and keeps a history of your activity in the site, profiles and contacts list, and additional tools (not been used) for a company to manage finances

What do you dislike?

probably pricing but so far my experience is as expected

handling my invoices to get payment records for my hired services

Learning about ZipBooks?

* We monitor all ZipBooks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
ZipBooks