ZipRecruiter

Employers, recruiters and staffing agencies post jobs free to 50+ job boards with 1 click. Active resume database. Free employment postings.

Work for ZipRecruiter?

Learning about ZipRecruiter?

ZipRecruiter Reviews

Ask ZipRecruiter a Question
Showing 48 ZipRecruiter reviews
ZipRecruiter review by Barbara R.
Barbara R.

"Great new job posting and job seeking program"

What do you like best?

When I am seeking new jobs, Zip Recruiter makes it very easy to find them and weed through them quickly. I like to results that I receive through this service better than others such as Monster.com and Indeed.com. You can sign up to have jobs sent to you when they become available. It's not overwhelming, like some of the others.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike yet, except some of the jobs are very low-paying minimum wage jobs that just happen to have some search terms in common with the technical jobs that I am searching for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try! I understand it is perfect for small and mid-size businesses to post jobs on to attract the best applicants. For job seekers, it can't be beat.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ZipRecruiter
ZipRecruiter review by Katrina R.
Katrina R.

"ZipRecruiter Just Okay"

What do you like best?

I liked that ZipRecruiter weeded out a lot of the spam applicants and I was able to search for specific qualifications in the positions I was recruiting for. This cut down on a lot of time having to skin through resumes of under-qualified applicants.

What do you dislike?

I did not see a large number of applicants in general. ZipRecruiter markets itself on providing employers top job seekers with a streamline way to filter through applicants. However I don't think ZipRecruiter is enough of a household name to warrant paying for the service. Most people I have talked to have never heard of the company and the most common answers were Indeed and Monster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare pricing with other recruiting websites that are more popular. You might have to pay more but it may be worth it in the long run to have an account with sites that are more well known.

What Job Boards solution do you use?

ZipRecruiter review by Kerry H.
Kerry H.

"Great for Certain Areas of the Country"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to post. It takes about 2 minutes to post a job. If you don't have an Applicant Tracking System this would be a great tool as well, but I use a separate ATS.

What do you dislike?

At first, I selected "allow people to apply without resumes" and that was a mistake. I got a ton of people that just submitted a name and phone number. I did not expect that many applicants looking for a role would do that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are recruiting in the Northeast or Midwest I have seen great applicants in those areas. The Southeast has not been as successful.

ZipRecruiter review by Julie M.
Julie M.

"Used the Free Trial--and probably will leave it at that."

What do you like best?

The customer service was excellent. My rep helped me post the position and gave me a quick impromptu tutorial without making me go through a product demo.

What do you dislike?

When posting the position I was asked a few times to post the salary range. My company does not post our salary ranges online, its just our practice, but I was told over and over that I probably would not get good candidates unless I posted the salary range. It was a little discouraging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, great customer service

ZipRecruiter review by Tammi O.
Tammi O.

"Plenty of Job Applicants"

What do you like best?

The best part was that I could email and text applicants and track them along with pulling details into spreadsheets

What do you dislike?

It is a bit costly so you want to be creative with your job ads

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you have an employer account you will be given a direct account rep and you need them to make any changes to your account. Sometimes it was difficult to get in touch or an answer from our rep.

ZipRecruiter review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Zip Recruiter Review "

What do you like best?

Zip recruiter is great when it works properly. It can save time with finding resume but I do have a lot of problems with it

What do you dislike?

It really bothers me that there is not a flip view to view resumes, it takes a lot of time to open the resume and then click back to search results for the next resume. Also I do not like that I can't paste my whole booleen search because at lot of the candidates that come up in my search are not retentive. I also don't like that I can't copy and paste the resume into Bullhorn but I have to download it first and save it. It just wastes more time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zip can be helpful but for me it is more of a last restore when I have run out of places to look

At this time I feel like zip waste's more time than it actually helps but if they changed a few things it could be more useful

ZipRecruiter review by Agency in Staffing and Recruiting
Agency in Staffing and Recruiting

"Creative Recruiter review"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use interface, it's very easy to edit current jobs, and have them posted live automatically. I like the amount of people this tool reaches out to, and mostly qualified candidates respond.

I do like the thumbs up, thumbs down feature (thumbs to the side too!). It's an easy way of saying yes or no to a candidate.

What do you dislike?

The way it makes you look through every candidate, and how they don't disappear after you've rejected them, in the view candidate tool. I also don't like that there are work arounds to the mandatory questions you ask.

Another suggestion, in the thumbs up, thumbs down, the thumbs down should reject the candidate (and take them off the view candidates area for good). It'd be great if it automatically rejected the candidates too.

We are responsible for helping large organizations find creative, digital, and marketing talent, so more access helps our business and theirs, while helping people find jobs.

Zip makes it easy to manage the job posting process.

ZipRecruiter review by Tonya   L  W.
Tonya L W.

"One of my Best Job Boards of 2017"

What do you like best?

I get Job alerts just about everyday, and I get Jobs that actually match my skill set and not Jobs that I don't have any interest in or that I am just not qualified for. And last of all, my Suggested Jobs that Zip Recruiter saved automatically, are perfect, and all of in my field of interest, which is Customer Service.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything bad to say, except, I wish I would have known about ZipRecruiter years ago.

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Higher Education
G2 Crowd User in Higher Education

"Seemed to attract entry level candidates"

What do you like best?

Received several candidates through this source

What do you dislike?

The experience and educational level of the candidates was very entry level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used the free demo, and I continue to receive marketing materials to try ZipRecruiter for free, but when I go in to sign up, it won't allow me another trial period because my email address has already been used. I completely understand not to allow multiple trials, but why send me additional promotional materials with the free trial information included.

ZipRecruiter review by Dave O.
Dave O.

"Agency now Corporate Recruiter"

What do you like best?

Stylized resumes allow me to find information quickly. Prequalification questions for submission excellent.

What do you dislike?

Resume database search needs several more options for filtering for resume search - salary, geographic flexibility, etc.

Talent acquisition is my particular and unique function for my company

ZipRecruiter review by Evan B.
Evan B.

"LOVED IT!"

What do you like best?

I like how well this product works for you while you are not actively sourcing. We have an extremely small recruiting team here and we are starting to grow very rapidly. Given that, ZipRecruiter is an incredibly useful & easy tool to have in your toolbox!

What do you dislike?

Not much, really. The only thing I had trouble with was customizing each req. However, after speaking with our rep Daniel, it was easy to fix.

Small recruiting team and little to no time to do any sort of outbound sourcing. This is great for solving that problem.

ZipRecruiter review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Excellent bang for the buck."

What do you like best?

With one posting, you can get your jobs out on over a hundred job boards, including SimplyHired, Glassdoor and the ZipRecruiter job board (which is becoming a decent board itself). To be fair, many of the 100+ job boards ZipRecruiter touts are small, niche and you've probably never heard of them, but the few big boards make it worth the price of admission. The resume database is a great tool as well, allowing you to instantly view resumes and contact information for candidates (though the new search functionality makes it a bit annoying for boolean users). The backend and administration are intuitive and it takes no time to get up and running.

Another one of our favorite features is the Job Widget. The Job Widget allows you to just copy and paste a snippet of code on to your website to display all of your ZipRecruiter positions, if you're looking for a quick and easy way to get your job listings on your website, it doesn't get any quicker or easier than the Job Widget.

What do you dislike?

Once upon a time, ZipRecruiter counted Indeed among their arsenal of job boards. It was one of the factors that drew us to ZipRecruiter in the first place. However, a few years ago ZipRecruiter cut ties with Indeed. Immediately after, the quantity and quality of candidates decreased. Indeed is the largest job board/aggregator out there, so it was a huge loss. Fortunately for ZipRecruiter their service is enough of a bargain that it was worth staying on.

I will say that the account managers at ZipRecruiter will constantly try and push their "TrafficBoosts" on you, which are in no way worth the asking price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a free trial and see what your results look like. Also look into posting on Indeed (free or sponsored) and compare the results.

Job postings on multiple job boards, displaying open positions on our website, searching for candidates in the resume database.

ZipRecruiter review by User in Financial Services

"Fine, Basic"

What do you like best?

Ziprecruiter is, to me, one more job board. It has yet to differentiate itself in any way from indeed, monster, etc. It performs its basic functions well, but I don't know why it's used over anything else. It's automatically linked with our ATS, so we log in and will post there automatically.

What do you dislike?

As I said - I don't see any difference between ZipRecruiter and any other job board site. They need to do some real work on what makes them different and how they stand out in a huge crowd of job sites. I don't think I ever thought to go to ZipRecruiter on my own, without being linked for some other reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figure out what it is that makes them special, or push them to find out for themselves.

We are working in a hyper-growth business bubble right now. Our business is skyrocketing and we are trying to hire an enormous amount of people at once, while also ensuring that they are the right fit for the team and for the organization.

ZipRecruiter review by Gregg F.
Gregg F.

"ZipRecruiter - Greatly improved results! "

What do you like best?

We have the Pro Team Plan. It fits our need for multiple brands (hiring companies), resume searches, job postings and it feels just like an ATS.

What do you dislike?

My criticism is on the resume search side. I'd like to see more filters to narrow my search and more ways to sort though results.

ZipRecruiter review by John A.
John A.

"Good Tool to start with"

What do you like best?

The amount of exposure to job boards is good.

What do you dislike?

Too many pop ups for help hints. Emailing applicants is a labored process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to use for beginners.

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting
G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting

"Best recruiting tool"

What do you like best?

Love the candidate rating feature because you can see how other people in your organization rated them.

What do you dislike?

We only pay for 25 resume out of the database bank a month so that’s abummer sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to use. Easy to use with multiple recruiters and good applicants

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Machinery
G2 Crowd User in Machinery

"ZipRecruiter"

What do you like best?

I like being able to get on the site, make a posting, and get off the site within 30 mins. It is extremely easy to navigate the site, and make a posting if you are prepared with your job description.

What do you dislike?

There could be more options for after the job description field that are customizable. For common lower end jobs it would be helpful for canned job descriptions to be available, either for free or for purchase. Also the ability to customize those job descriptions for actual job posting. The site overall doesn't need improvements they have done a good job with the easy with using the site.

ZipRecruiter review by Tara J.
Tara J.

"Great tool to use for recruiting"

What do you like best?

You could set it up to have new resumes that had been posted to ZipRecuiter emailed right to you, so you didn't have to sort through lots of resumes that weren't what you were looking for. It made recruiting much easier.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the sales calls we would get occasionally always trying to get our company to upgrade our product.

ZipRecruiter review by Alexandra K.
Alexandra K.

"Not the best for tech recruiting"

What do you like best?

The ease of posting jobs is great, definitely gets to every single job board.

What do you dislike?

Your posting goes to every single job board; which in turn, doesn't give you the most qualified candidates. Most of the applicants, I sifted through and passed on without a screening.

ZipRecruiter review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Zippy applicants!"

What do you like best?

Time saver getting the word out about opening!

What do you dislike?

Price point is very high for a small business.. seems like they should have pay per applicant or something different in the model.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very fast.. pricing is hidden and tricky.. not a big fan of price structure.

Getting applicants.. Had 5 in 1 week so that was awesome.

ZipRecruiter review by Jamie L.
Jamie L.

"Zip recruiter"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and not difficult to manage the program.

What do you dislike?

I have found that zip recruiter is not very effective as an ATS or recruiting software. Not enough candidates have an account or post their resumes there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zip recruiter needs more marketing to get their name out there and to be able to compete with other resume databases/applicant tracking systems.

N/a/ No longer using zip recruiter.

G2 Crowd User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Easy to find candidates"

What do you like best?

It's easy to sort through the applicants

What do you dislike?

They don't show their full resume automatically , Can be hard to navigate. Option to share link to job postings not avaliable

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Gambling & Casinos
G2 Crowd User in Gambling & Casinos

"Great for Recruiting "

What do you like best?

i like the ease of use with the software and the customer service is amazing.

What do you dislike?

still new to the software but everything seems good so far.

ZipRecruiter review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"Helpful To Source For Great People"

What do you like best?

Ease of access and the ability to add multiple administrators!

What do you dislike?

How information is compiled and that you can only choose one type of job board to post to rather than choose multiple for your ad.

ZipRecruiter review by Justin H.
Justin H.

"Zip Recruiter Review"

What do you like best?

The job postings that are posted on the site have high quality.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the ability to hear from live representatives to schedule interviews

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Pharmaceuticals
G2 Crowd User in Pharmaceuticals

"Best Recruiter"

What do you like best?

I loved how easy it was to upload my resume and how many different jobs I found on ZipRecruiter versus other sites.

What do you dislike?

The look could be somewhat more minimalistic to update the design of the site, but overall it's great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ZipRecruiter works with companies that you won't find on other sites and they protect your information well.

ZipRecruiter review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"A little hard to shuffle through but surprising good"

What do you like best?

I like it because not all my colleagues use it and i am able to find candidates that other recruiters cant

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is no flip view.. makes it very difficult to shuffle through candidates timely

Recommendations to others considering the product

it takes time and patience.... so you have to be in the right mind set

i am solving finding candidates noone else gets - good people apply as well

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Financial Services
G2 Crowd User in Financial Services

"ZipRecruiter helps organize our candidates "

What do you like best?

The ability to have other managers thumb up or down candidates. This made it easy to tell what the next step was for the candidate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does not send out the email that allows the candidate to reply back. Our Account Manager suggested we put our email address after our signature to fix this issue.

ZipRecruiter review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"Horrible...Will not let you cancel"

What do you like best?

Nothing they have been useless. No one hired using them

What do you dislike?

Their model is crap, they wont let you cancel it is a sham

"It's ok..."

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and navigate, and it's also very organized.

What do you dislike?

We don't seem to get bang for our buck. We tend to get more candidates from free postings from indeed than from ziprecuiter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into other options before paying for it. It's good, but there are better options out there.

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Retail
G2 Crowd User in Retail

"Informative, Quick and Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I loved the ability from the applicant side to see how I was being considered. It also gave me an opportunity to connect with a recruiter personally if I needed additional help.

What do you dislike?

I actually really liked the product, although there were a lot of emails notifying me of updates. Overall, no complaints

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care

"Use zip recruiter and land up your dream job "

What do you like best?

The best thing about zip recruiter is that you don’t need fo fill the application each and every time. Just upload your resume and apply jobs with One click

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the service provided by zip recruiter

ZipRecruiter review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"HORRIBLE"

What do you like best?

Nothing, i posted multiple jobs everything from retail to administration positions and not one response.

What do you dislike?

Everything i posted multiple jobs everything from retail to administration positions and not one response.

I have not used this system since the free trial and won't ever use it again.

ZipRecruiter review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Not my favorite"

What do you like best?

The platform was clean and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I have used many recruiting tools and this was by far the worst at giving me any results. I think I maybe got two page views for the ad I posted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't recommend trying it unless you have a free trial.

Recruiting

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Building Materials
G2 Crowd User in Building Materials

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

Receiving a large number of qualified applicants almost instantly. It has exposed us to a larger number of applicants that we might never have reached.

What do you dislike?

That not all applicants seem to pay attention to location but that's not a ZipRecruiter issue.

"Recruiter"

What do you like best?

Having everything all in one place, its quick and easy to navigate, we can save templates and drafts, and we can have multiple users.

What do you dislike?

We currently have to pull resumes manually into our ATS.

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Price can't be beat"

What do you like best?

Price coupled with the amount of access to different markets.

What do you dislike?

The resume search feature is terrible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you get one placement using this tool every year, you have already made up the cost of the tool itself.

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting
G2 Crowd User in Management Consulting

"Great platform, a bit expensive"

What do you like best?

The number of candidates and ease of tracking the candidates.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive. Less expensive than the big job boards, but too high for small businesses. I wish they had some smaller packages.

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Publishing
G2 Crowd User in Publishing

"Excellent Resource for Hiring Companies"

What do you like best?

ZipRecruiter is reputable and markets our ads for us.

What do you dislike?

The layout of the site is not always as intuitive as I would like, but still very simple to use.

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Civic & Social Organization
G2 Crowd User in Civic & Social Organization

"User friendly even for the most inexperienced"

What do you like best?

Was easy to narrow pool of candidates and find who we were looking for

What do you dislike?

Was not able to easily figure out how to auto renew our services

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use. It is easy to post jobs and also retrieve candidates.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike. It is easy to use.

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Law Practice
G2 Crowd User in Law Practice

"Great job search platform!!!"

What do you like best?

I love the daily alerts and the ability to explain when a job is not a good fit for me.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - the platform is terrific and easy to use.

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Automotive
G2 Crowd User in Automotive

"Growing Pains"

What do you like best?

Ability to see where candidates have previously applied.

What do you dislike?

Applicant flow has significantly slowed down over the past year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would be sure to use multiple recruiting sources, not just Ziprecruiter.

"ZipRecruiter Review "

What do you like best?

The ability to go through many different resume in a short time.

What do you dislike?

At times i will get candidates that are not qualified for the position.

"Ziprecruiter overview/review "

What do you like best?

How easy it is to post jobs and reach out to canidadates. Also the phone app is great!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! I absolutely love ziprecruiter.

ZipRecruiter review by G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods
G2 Crowd User in Consumer Goods

"Human Resources Manager "

What do you like best?

What I like best are the number of qualified candidates available to review and search.

What do you dislike?

My dislike is that prices can be more competitive.

"Mostly international applicants"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, user interface and speed at which our postings are aggregated.

What do you dislike?

98% of applicants are interntional and need sponsorship.

"Lots of Resume Flow"

What do you like best?

That candidates can apply easily, with just one click

What do you dislike?

Wish there was more screening questions and more qualified applciants

Learning about ZipRecruiter?

* We monitor all ZipRecruiter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.