Zoho Books

Zoho Books is a simple, easy-to-use accounting app that tracks the money coming in and going out of your business. With Zoho Books, you can always stay up-to-date on your business finance and make decisions instantly.

Work for Zoho Books?

Learning about Zoho Books?

Zoho Books Reviews

Ask Zoho Books a Question
Showing 29 Zoho Books reviews
Zoho Books review by Romil D.
Romil D.

"Simple to use, has all the bells & whistles and very economical - A complete package better than QB"

What do you like best?

Its is very simple and user friendly. The way it is organised, you can learn it in couple of hours and then its a breeze to use & navigate. I have been using it for past 2 years and I haven't come across any thing which needed professional help. Zoho Team keeps the software updated & it never breaks

What do you dislike?

Its is hard to tell since in last 2 years of use I am very satisfied.

Only thing I would really want the software to have is the white labelling. I would prefer my logo on top rather than zoho to match my organisational identity

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the product and you will see the difference. The mobile app is also very powerful and if you ever jumped into the zoho ecosystem of Zoho ONE it will change the way you do business.

It is keeping track of our daily finances. We make estimates & Invoices and share it with customers. Some customers prefer paying with PayPal so they can directly pay form the invoice. It also has a customer portal where the customer can see historical data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zoho Books
Zoho Books review by Gavin P.
Gavin P.

"Good for a growing enterprise or start up"

What do you like best?

Multi user, Multi currency, Multi business, Easy to navigate, good amount of basic intergrations (stripe, go cardless, crm we use). Good interface to edit templates (both email and documents). Bank feeds work well - we use Natwest UK for bank accounts and American Express UK to sync corporate cards.

Zoho books is good for the most part, the system is fast, and allows your to search through things fast. I particularly like how you can link an account (customer) and a vendor (supplier) in one screen to see balances and figures. Reporting is good and can be exported to zoho reports for further analysis.

Zoho books can be accessed via the CRM (Zoho CRM) which is very helpful in quickly invoicing clients or checking their balances/ previous business, etc.

What do you dislike?

Poor importing and exporting functions, does not support UK vat return via government gateway. My impression of the importing is due to needing to import 5+ years of data from another accounting software.

I do not like the fact that it is not really easy to bulk update records, I would like to see some development on this front. Bulk updating things is key in order to make the system scale-able (IMHO)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Scalability - think of this aspect. Also think about the user limitations if they are okay for your team (should be fine)

It took us a while to go live due to the huge amount of data to be imported.

If you have very complex accounting I suspect this is not the system for you.

We wanted an accounting system that connected to our CRM so accounting information was not getting duplicated 100 times over. We also wanted integration with with the ability to invoice quickly from the CRM.

Zoho books also has a good security feature if enable (can be linked to google authenticator).

We love the stripe integration which automatically calculate and posts the credit card fees and auto emails the receipts. You can also hold credit cards to the account (example for repeat clients this is amazing as their card details are held securely (staff cannot easily access it).

What Small-Business Accounting solution do you use?

Zoho Books review by Pierre-Henri S.
Pierre-Henri S.

"Zoho Books, make your accounting easy"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use, you can create a portal for your client so that they can check they invoice and estimates. The template for estimates and invoice are well designed and different enough to fit to different type of business. It allows you to follow your bank account so that you don't have any surprise at the end of the month. You can event create composite items if you sell package of different products/services.

What do you dislike?

Honestly there are not many flaws: the principal flaw was that they only were agreement with US and Canada Banks but it seems that they reach agreement with a lot of more banks, at least in Mexico.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to do it right since the begining because it's difficult to go back and erase things when they have transactions linked

Basically helping organizing all my administration / finance issues, which was the principal flaw in my business

Zoho Books review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"An accountant who works anytime anywhere and no more GST worries"

What do you like best?

A fresh solution, extremely simple to setup and follow.

Enable CEO or Co-founder also to manage accounts.

Information and intelligence portion are beneficial.

Zoho made GST compliance, simple.

Customisable Invoice, integration with payment gateway, and apps are also superb.

Very reasonable pricing and worth paying.

What do you dislike?

The absence of a feature - digital signature for invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoho Books is the best among online accounting solutions.

Zoho is a pioneer in cloud driven solutions and backed with good people, latest technology, and innovation.

For GST filing, a real time saver and Zoho made accounting, simplified.

Billing in home currency is another big plus.

Recommend to migrate to Zoho Books

As a startup, we were having clear objectives when signed up for Zoho Books. In a few days, we were able to make the accounting system, fully functional.

Here is the list of a few accomplishments.

Learn and practice basic accounting for a small business with proper books in place.

Set up a world-class accounting solution in a few days.

Avoid too much dependency on financial professionals for the first couple of years.

Simple solution to manage invoices and collections.

100% compliance.

Zoho Books review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Simplify your life with Zoho"

What do you like best?

I use Zoho to make invoices and keep track of payments for two companies and it could not be easier. I have the freedom of creating an invoice and send immediately to a client who is already registered in my system and I have always a template with all my bank info and the client address for the shipment.

What do you dislike?

The system is a little rigid something. When I mark as sent an invoice it does not allow me to change it or requires to explain why. It takes some time to make changes to the template. Moreover, using Zoho for EU companies who require a progressive number on the invoice is a little bit hard at the beginning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before adopting Zoho consider your business volume and how much are you going to use the system which is not so expensive but it is useful for a company who needs to generate orders and invoices and keep tracking of payment on a daily basis.

I have access online to all my books and I can transform an order into an invoice just in one click. I can save time and organize my product just using one program. Our CPA has a direct access to Zoho so we do not need to send the invoices to him monthly.

Zoho Books review by Frank B.
Frank B.

"Good value software"

What do you like best?

Easy access to all the data everywhere with very responsive support.

What do you dislike?

Some features are not fully baked yet so there are some work-arounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you plan how you want to have your data in Zoho Books before actually importing, if you are.

Moving from a desktop-based accounting program to something that is web-based. I also use a web-based timer program (Toggl) to track time. Quickbooks, which I was using previously, doesn't have the ability to import this data. Zoho Books not only allows me to import the data properly, but also has a built-in timer for tracking time. Not having to re-enter all my time data has saved me a bunch of time and therefore money because it has allowed me to spend more time with clients.

Zoho Books review by Ahmad M.
Ahmad M.

"Easy, Simple, Perfect!"

What do you like best?

It is very simple, no need to be an accountant to use it. And you can automate most of your work (in case you have recurring invoices).

Banking is also great which gives you flexibility to manage your multi-bank accounts.

Custom Items also gives you great way to express each item you have.

The dashboard is very easy and gives you a quick and easy look to your accounting.

All in all, very satisfied.

What do you dislike?

Nothing major, some small features required that not affect my business..

Need auto deduct the client credit from the next generated invoice (from recurring invoice).

Automatically add the remaining amount of current invoice to next generated invoice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoho is very easy and simple accounting system, either for startup companies, or even medium companies, I believe it will give you what you need from an accounting system. Having it in the cloud gives you a great flexibility in using it anytime and anywhere, even from your mobile devices. Your data will be synced all the time, so no need to wait to generate any invoice, or record any expense or payment...

Go for it :)

Automating the work. Having alot of customers with recurring invoices was really time consuming to generate them each billing period. Also tracing your multiple bank accounts and make sure all are up-to-date with your system. knowing that your customers saw their invoices to avoid any miscommunication.

Now everything is automatically generated...

Zoho Books review by Andres B.
Andres B.

"EXCELLENT SET OF SOLUTIONS for my Company"

What do you like best?

1. It is extremely easy to configure

2. It is affordable

3. Its implementation is fast

4. It displays information in a way that helps people in the company to understand finances

5. I LOVE the Mobile APP

6. The online Chat feature is immediate and very helpful

7. The Customer Portal is a wonderful tool for them to understand what is happening

8. People learn to use it very quickly

9. I can have access to Images of invoices, checks and other documents very quickly

10. The Company is very innovative, offering permanent updates and improvements. I like that

What do you dislike?

1. The money conversion (i use both USD and local currency) sometimes is not accurate. Whenever we transfer money from a USD account to a local currency account, we have differences (maybe its due to the fact that the conversion rate is around 0.00018018 (maybe zoho should extend the decimals). One USD equals to 5550 PYG (my currency)

2. The customization of forms (i.e. invoice, purchase order, etc) works, but could be simpler

3. There are still things to be integrated to ZOHO CRM (i.e. the invoices only have one way integration). I should be able to integrate my invoices directly from ZOHO CRM (right now, even though that i have an existing Invoice in Zoho CRM, i am required to create a NEW Invoice in Zoho Books)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The implementation must be promoted by the Company Leaders, it must be communicated as a Company Goal.

1. I manage 100% of my company`s finances using ZOHO BOOKS

2. My business associates can have IMMEDIATE ACCESS to our Finances

3. Since its a Cloud Based System, i don't need any servers or local IT services

4. My relation with customers runs smoother, since the automatic invoicing tools does the collecting process

5. I have an accurate vision of our financial health

Zoho Books review by Philippe C.
Philippe C.

"Great intuitive platform for small businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with the Zoho CRM it is a real plius. I like the intuitive feel of the platform. Without being an accountant you can use easily the platform and make sense of it. I like the various report and the possibility of creating the invoices and estimates.

Being able to link your bank account is also a nice feature.

What do you dislike?

Still a few bugs, for example, not all contact created show up but you cannot recreate them.

Also, there is no option between 50 contacts and 500 contacts. It would be nice to be able to buy an additional pack of 100 or 200 contacts for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As mentioned by another reviewer there is no budgeting option.

Definitively worth to use the trial to see if it fits your need.

Perfect for small businesses

I save a lot of time with having a single place to create estimates, invoices, record payments, and all integrated with my CRM

Zoho Books review by Sourabh K.
Sourabh K.

"One of the best application to handle whole finance of my bu`siness"

What do you like best?

The best thing about the Zoho books, that it is an online portal which handles all the financial transaction, A-Z each and everything which comes under the finance team.

What do you dislike?

The one thing which I hate it about Zoho books is their UI, the developer should work on their UI that will company employee to complete work fluently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The recommendation to Zoho Team is to make it more user friendly.

It all resolve my business programme without any extra effect.

Zoho Books review by Agency
Agency

"Best Bookeeping Solution"

What do you like best?

a simple online accounting software that covers all the basics: estimates, invoices, expenses tracking, bank accounts synchronisation and the reports. Visual graphs and quick overviews of financial data on the Dashboard it is also very easy to use and cross platform.

the projects feature is what we use a lot it helps settings projects, tracking expenses and bills for the whole project. The budgeting feature is very developed, allowing you to budget by total project cost, total project hours, hours per task, or hours per staff. You can assign projects or specific tasks to staff members and set detailed user permissions for each member. Each project has a dashboard including charts and graphs showing the real-time progress of your project. Tabs for attaching invoices, expenses, timesheets, and comments is also present. This feature makes it easy to see how your projects and tasks are progressing. You can also request a weekly projects summary report.

What do you dislike?

i don't really see cons ofr this products i use everyday apart from the bank synchronisation who is not available for Moroccan banks (our company operates mainly in Morocco) but i'm sure it will come soon the software is updated very frequently

Recommendations to others considering the product

- its updated and maintained regularly (features addition and tweaking)

- very easy learning curve

- intuitive design

- price is good

- good Graphs and reports

- Estimates and Invoices customisation (Logo...)

- Business Accounting

- Bank reconciliation

- Customers Estimates and Invoices

- Project Expenses

- Stock and pricing listings

Zoho Books review by Stephen L.
Stephen L.

"It's not QuickBooks, thankfully"

What do you like best?

It integrates with the Zoho suite of apps which means contact info doesn't have to be rekeyed. I can email invoices to clients with an electronic payment link embedded and if they pay electronically I get notification as well as it updates receivables so I don't have to post the payment. It's so convenient that in spite of the discount points I have to pay to PayPal it's worth it to me. It's fairly easy to use if you have a basic understanding of accounting principles and practices. The reports are easy to run and they can be scheduled to generate automatically. In spite of what I don't like about Books I comment about below, It automatically send out past due emails for receivables. As a small business owner, this is probably one of my most favorite features a I don't worry about receivables aging as I know past due notices are auto emailed. I've not seen anything else that's as affordable and as easy to use and that fits my needs.

What do you dislike?

The ongoing major issue with Zoho Books is it's lack of budgeting which for any business is really a necessity. And sure you can run historical reports export them into an excel file from the app and create a budget from there but such a basic feature should have been addressed a long time ago. On the Books forums it's a promised feature that's coming but so far the promise is years old with no specific time table insight. My opinion is that's going to be a deal breaker for any size organization that's not as small as mine it. While Zoho CRM contacts sync over into Zoho Books if I create a Quote in Zoho books I think it should automatically map over to an Estimate in Zoho Books. Similarly an Invoice in CRM should map over to an Invoice in Books. It doesn't make sense that it doesn't an as of yet, another promised feature to come.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free trial and you can also pay month to month and if it suits your needs you can switch to a yearly plan and get the discount. But know going it there isn't a budget feature so don't even bother to try it if that's a deal breaker. Though, if you can somehow manage to do a spreadsheet for your budgeting, there's a whole lot to love about Books.

Ease of creating and processing transactions is what I was looking for and it had to be cloud based as I travel. Being able to access Books on my iphone and ipad are a real plus as I can post expenses on the go as well as run several reports. I know the feature exists but I've never had the call to create an estimate, invoice, or PO from my ipad but that's a neat feature for those who are out in the field with a tablet.

Zoho Books review by Denny Basham, MBA, M.
Denny Basham, MBA, M.

"Easy recurring invoices for credit card autocharges"

What do you like best?

We love the number of automatic credit card charging integrations in Zoho Books. This is also very full features compared to Freshbooks and now that Freshbooks is doing away with PayPal Payflow in July 2016 this is one of the few providers to maintain that integration (we need it)!

What do you dislike?

We wish that Zoho Books had pixel tracking of e-mails so that we could tell when someone has reviewed an invoice. This is something that Freshbooks (and most other providers) have been doing for some time and it is our biggest request for Zoho Books.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The biggest comparison here is to Freshbooks but now that Freshbooks is removing the PayPal Payflow recommendation Zoho Books is the obvious choice if you need that integration (dumb move Freshbooks). Also, if you are comparing this to ZohoInvoice go ahead and get ZohoBooks because there are more features and it is less expensive (odd but true).

Most of our invoices are automatically generated and then the credit cards are auto billed once the invoice is created. The numerous integrations to PayPal Payflow and Authorize.net (in addition to Stripe and others) is huge for us. It is also nice to have some full-blown account features with lots of customizations (even more than Zoho Invoice) as a low price point. While most people will still need a full-blown accounting system like QuickBooks we love how easy invoicing (and even time tracking) is in Zoho Books. We use this system daily and it has served our needs for 2+ years now after switching over from Freshbooks.

Zoho Books review by Robyn K.
Robyn K.

"I use Zoho Books and I love it."

What do you like best?

It is super easy to convert timecards into invoices. This saves me time on administrative duties.

What do you dislike?

Overall I really like the product. I wish there was price where you can put a contractor pay and a bill rate and the contractor cannot see it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product. They have many other products that integrate well.

Quickly allows me access to my contractors time and easily invoice clients. It saves me a lot of time.

Zoho Books review by Cara T.
Cara T.

"This is an absolute GAME CHANGER for a small business....or one of any size!"

What do you like best?

I never thought we would be able to get so organized...and so quickly! The first time we used the software, it was instantly comfortable. Love that I can use it on the go with my phone app!

What do you dislike?

My boss now expects everything faster than ever before! This makes productivity a little TOO easy!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t hesitate! Well worth it and very affordable! Pays for itself many times over.

We are able to operate like a company that is much larger than what we are. We never imagined the streamlined experience that Zoho Books has given us, it’s like having a personal business assistant at all times.

Zoho Books review by Nahid H.
Nahid H.

"Zoho Books is flexible and cheaper than other softwares"

What do you like best?

Portal for customers help customers to see their statement of accounts and invoices and payments. And you can use this software with IOS and Android as usual.

Also many others features are available!

What do you dislike?

No integrated payroll application. User permissions not deep enough. Minimal report customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly Recommended!

Used as an accounting software of our firm!

But not too good!

Zoho Books review by User

"Very in depth program"

What do you like best?

I love the overall flow and design of Zoho Books. The layout is so crisp and easy to comprehend that it makes learning and transitioning so much easier. Also another feature that helps is the ability to customize to your preference.

What do you dislike?

The only aspect about the software is the lack of an integrated payroll option. The program has everything else but is need of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When it comes to price, quality and features I feel the software is worth it.

The program was mainly used for time sheets, analyzing reports and organizing purchases and sales just to name a few. Overall the software has been really good to us and although lacking in small areas it still seems to be the better option in comparison to other brands.

Zoho Books review by Ashish L.
Ashish L.

"Best Accounting System"

What do you like best?

We can report hours calendar wise. The GUI is user friendly, Reporting facility is very good. We can directly open reporting hours in zoho sheet. In reporting there are number of options for filter reports.

What do you dislike?

Export to excel functionality have all columns in exported file but sometime we need to allow configurable columns for exporting excel file.

Zoho books are very good. Before zoho we need to create manually report on excel sheet. Lots of accounting procedure gets automated and convenient. Now its very easy to report hours for employee.

Zoho Books review by Fred G.
Fred G.

"Gives Quickbooks serious run for its money"

What do you like best?

Does everything Quickbooks Online does at 1/2 the cost

What do you dislike?

Like many Zoho products, the interface and feature set is a little wonky and unintuitive at times

Looking for a basic accounting package. It accomplishes what we need it to do, we have a fairly small business but needed project-based tracking and this was the only product at a SMB pricepoint that delivered

Zoho Books review by Leigh Ann S.
Leigh Ann S.

"Tons of built-in features"

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up and learn how to use and their base product comes with a lot of features that others charge for or don't have.

What do you dislike?

I wish they, or Zoho Proejcts, had progress invoicing templates and Stripe's new ACH integration.

Better communication with my bookkeeping clients and their clients so that they get paid faster.

Zoho Books review by David G.
David G.

"Great Product with great prices"

What do you like best?

Capability to integrate it with other services

What do you dislike?

My bank is not available, but probably it will in the feature

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has a great Price, and a lot of features. If you are thinking about it, just create a trial account they provide.

Keep track of all customer transactions and time I use to do their projects

Zoho Books review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Zoho books help us keep billing up to date! "

What do you like best?

This system is easy to use and the support is top notch. If you have a question you get a response quickly and if it is something technical they call you to walk you through it!

What do you dislike?

Top notch support. Easy to use interface and a nice dashboard to get a quick overview of your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using zoho books as well as all of their other products has been great for our company.

We wanted a easy way to send invoices and collect payments, zoho books has taken that to the next level.

Zoho Books review by Ramin S.
Ramin S.

"Very useful"

What do you like best?

Is very useful not for only small business and also medium companies, Zoho books is the best in market. Customer service is also very helpful. Price is not expensive, I think it deserves to try. Design is perfect and simplicity is the best part of it.

What do you dislike?

sometimes it working slow, if they will take care of it, it would be better.

I think in every company accounting system is required, so we are using Zoho books for budgeting and managing money.

Zoho Books review by Darren S.
Darren S.

"We Love It!!"

What do you like best?

That everything integrates and syncs from the different suite items. This is a huge incentive.

What do you dislike?

NO PAYROLL for Texas. End of year books closing also

The payment, billing with pay here, automated filing of payments etc is amazing

Zoho Books review by User

"Simple solution to regular task"

What do you like best?

Exceptionally easy to start using the software. There are no need for long and exhausting configuration, everything clear and transparent.

What do you dislike?

No ability to get summarised reports on more than 1 legal entities at the same time.

Accounting, invoicing, reporting. Everything in a single place, everything we need for accounting is in there.

Zoho Books review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"IT needs some work"

What do you like best?

I like that it is apart of the zoho family.

What do you dislike?

Right now the other accounting systems that I use are easier to utilize and less work.

accounting systems are generally good, I like the idea of this one but the execution is severely lacking

Zoho Books review by Jarrett W.
Jarrett W.

"Great functionality better support"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn and the support is amazing!

What do you dislike?

I said it is easy to learn, but it still can take some time and there are a few hiccups here and there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use other zoho products you should definitely be using Zbooks

we use this for invoicing and all accounting needs.

Zoho Books review by Daniel W.
Daniel W.

"Zoho Books, a good place to start"

What do you like best?

Zoho Books has clean and simple to use interface. It integrates well Zoho CRM and other Zoho tools.

What do you dislike?

It may be me, but the reporting is lacking for my needs. Then again, I am comparing it to NetSuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None at this time.

Great for a new or young company looking to use a suite of products in collaboration. Low initial cost with the ability to scale as needed.

Zoho Books review by User in Internet

"zoho books! easy for small biz to do accounting"

What do you like best?

the set up was very simple and was able to enter my first transaction almost immediately. im a novice in quick books and i felt like i mastered zoho much quicker.

What do you dislike?

nothing to dislike yet but still in trial version! so far so good, accessible and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

awesome software, if you like quickbooks you'll love zoho.

easy accounting solving.

Learning about Zoho Books?

* We monitor all Zoho Books reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.