Zoho Expense

Expense reporting doesn't have to be painful. Zoho Expense is a perk for employees, managers, and finance teams!

Work for Zoho Expense?

Learning about Zoho Expense?

Zoho Expense Reviews

Ask Zoho Expense a Question
Showing 105 Zoho Expense reviews
Zoho Expense review by <span>Katie D.</span>
Katie D.

"Excellent Product, Excellent Customer Service!!"

What do you like best?

Every time I needed help during implementation, the customer support team actually LISTENED to what I needed and found intelligent workarounds. This is not the case with many software products I've used. It makes Zoho stand out to me. Plus, I absolutely love the product itself. Intuitive for my employees to use, and was easily adopted as a practice.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike. I manage different work locations, the only improvement I would ask for in the future is a way to isolate each "project" (location), but with the reporting filters it's easy to manage this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been using Zoho Expense for 6 months, and in this short time, they've unrolled new features and improvements, which is a great sign that this product will stay current and responsive to customer needs.

Zoho Expense has helped us have 100% accountability with our expense reporting and reconciliation. Prior, employees would lose receipts, and we were not able to reconcile our accounts daily. With Zoho expense my employees have become more responsible with receipts, and we've eliminated unauthorized purchases!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zoho Expense
Zoho Expense review by <span>Dan M.</span>
Dan M.

"Convenient and helpful"

What do you like best?

This helps getting our staff to regularly report and track expenses and receipts. I love the free ACH reimbursement capability. The workflows are easy to create as well. The cost is unbeatable for under 10 users

What do you dislike?

Some things are not intuitive about the set up, but overall it is helpful. The credit card feeds need to update more often. I usually have to do so manually, and if you don't know where to look, doing it this way can be pretty hard. Staff have a hard time differentiating expenses and receipts, and finding both within the mobile and online apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost effective solution for under 10 users.

Credit card reconciliation and reimbursements for expenses and mileage. Saves a lot of time and need for approvals via email.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Zoho Expense review by <span>Saurabh J.</span>
Saurabh J.

"We recovered our expense on Zoho Expense within the first month"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense really simplifies the process of submitting, reviewing and reimbursing employee made expenses. As a small organisation, we thought we did not need formal expense reporting software, and that Google Sheets was just fine. However, the amount of time and hassle saved by using proper software over spreadsheets is simply amazing.

What do you dislike?

I have used Expensify and similar expense reporting software in corporate jobs. Compared to those, there isn't much to dislike in Zoho Expense. One big pain is that we must issue cheques for the exact balance value of a reimbursement, in order to settle it. We would like to make an adhoc payment through Zoho Books and then split that across settling one Expense, and using the balance as advance for the next one.

We have solved many problems with Expense. The first is getting real time data on per-day expenses when our field staff is traveling. Second, we now have an approvals process in place. Third, expenses are settled very quickly. Fourth, we do not need to wait for paper receipts to be filed in order to settle reimbursements (Zoho Expense lets you electronically capture receipts right from your smartphone).

Zoho Expense review by <span>Lola C.</span>
Lola C.

"Missing too many necessary features"

What do you like best?

Convenience of searching through past expenses, ability to send reports for approval to other users, easy to add multiple receipts. Offers mileage and currency conversion which is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

Unable to send to final approver if amount is a refund,or less than zero. Unable to split expenses, even though there is a "split" feature and button, it doesn't work - you have to itemize a charge in order to bill it to two different merchants. It does not process all cards, only a select few are updated through Zoho, other cards must be entered manually as expenses instead. It doesn't seem as though Zoho is making any updates to the program which is really unfortunate because it would be nice to see changes made or at least attempts of improvement. The application feels stagnant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Expensify is better. Zoho Expense isn't cheap and for the price, it should be doing a lot more.

The ability for peers to approve expense reports is convenient, but you cannot have final approver approve a refund because you cannot change the approving amount to less than 0.

Zoho Expense review by Consultant in Oil & Energy
Consultant in Oil & Energy

"Nice tool for recording and reporting expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the combination of mobile app + cloud aspect of Zoho, where you can take quick photos of your expenses and and document them in PDF reports. Its reports are very useful to include in the official expense report of the company.

What do you dislike?

The receipt reports is a little buggy, with some receipts extrapolating it's allocated region covering other receipts. To fix this its usually necessary to change the report layout from 6 to 9 receipts per page or editing the photo and uploading it again. I would also like Office Lens or Cam Scanner capabilities of cropping the photos of the receipts automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect the expense report experience to be flawless. When taking pictures of receipts, do so with the free Office Lens from Microsoft and save it to the photo gallery. Include pictures from the gallery for the expense report, your receipts will look nicer on the report.

Expense reporting is one of the most time consuming activities with little added value for the company. I actually pay the monthly bill out of pocket to save time and grief doing expense reports.

Zoho Expense review by <span>Angelica F.</span>
Angelica F.

"Expense Organization that keeps you organized"

What do you like best?

I like the way tat I can use it on Apple and Android products. This allows me to keep my expenses accurate and precise. I like the way that the software is easy to access on any device at home, work or school. That makes it convenient and useful for everyday use while I work on the go.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the software has to be used with my work account for the business. I would like to use this for my personal use because I want my finances at home to be accurate and my accounts balanced. I need the organization at home because finances run my household and I need them clear and precise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to its full advantage by downloading the software and using it on all platforms as much as necessary.

We have solved many of the finance problems our company has. This way most of our accounts are organized and settled properly.

Learning about Zoho Expense?

* We monitor all Zoho Expense reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.