Zoho Expense

Expense reporting doesn't have to be painful. Zoho Expense is a perk for employees, managers, and finance teams!

Work for Zoho Expense?

Learning about Zoho Expense?

Zoho Expense Reviews

Showing 174 Zoho Expense reviews
Zoho Expense review by Jaime S.
Jaime S.

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. ZOHO expenses allows expense reporting for both employee and managers to be structured and easy to see. We like the mobile application for ZOHO expense also as this allows easy reporting on the go which most of us use regularly.

What do you dislike?

It's possible, but not easy to see expenses staff have reported but not submitted yet for the month. So as long as staff are proactive about their expenses - reporting as they go, you can prepare for month end accordingly, you can view their expenses reported but not submitted yet for each month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ZOHO Expenses works great with the other ZOHO tools. We have integrated with ZOHO books, ZOHO Projects and ZOHO CRM. Our team are still being trained on using the tools but we can see the benefits already of linking our tools together.

Taking back control of expenses - can make certain reporting fields required/not required to ensure all expenses are accurate and complete before submitting.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zoho Expense
Zoho Expense review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Amazing price, simple to use and administrate, but with great control"

What do you like best?

Being able to create a solid workflow for team members for expense approval, yet so simply has been one of the best features of the platform. The mobile app works well and captures the receipt details and allows each of the team to accurately record their expenses and keep on top of the process simply. Linking this back to our accountancy platform has also been a great benefit.

What do you dislike?

Setting the context of an expenses report automatically would be great, as you have to capture receipts into the expenses section and then set which Report they are linked to. If it were possible to have a default report that would be much easier, but this is a small concern.

Tracking a number of employees expenses and giving them the power to record the receipts automatically, without having to use hundreds of excel spreadsheets every month, and then time for myself to go through and approve and organise payments.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Zoho Expense review by Katie D.
Katie D.

"Excellent Product, Excellent Customer Service!!"

What do you like best?

Every time I needed help during implementation, the customer support team actually LISTENED to what I needed and found intelligent workarounds. This is not the case with many software products I've used. It makes Zoho stand out to me. Plus, I absolutely love the product itself. Intuitive for my employees to use, and was easily adopted as a practice.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike. I manage different work locations, the only improvement I would ask for in the future is a way to isolate each "project" (location), but with the reporting filters it's easy to manage this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been using Zoho Expense for 6 months, and in this short time, they've unrolled new features and improvements, which is a great sign that this product will stay current and responsive to customer needs.

Zoho Expense has helped us have 100% accountability with our expense reporting and reconciliation. Prior, employees would lose receipts, and we were not able to reconcile our accounts daily. With Zoho expense my employees have become more responsible with receipts, and we've eliminated unauthorized purchases!

Zoho Expense review by Lola C.
Lola C.

"Missing too many necessary features"

What do you like best?

Convenience of searching through past expenses, ability to send reports for approval to other users, easy to add multiple receipts. Offers mileage and currency conversion which is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

Unable to send to final approver if amount is a refund,or less than zero. Unable to split expenses, even though there is a "split" feature and button, it doesn't work - you have to itemize a charge in order to bill it to two different merchants. It does not process all cards, only a select few are updated through Zoho, other cards must be entered manually as expenses instead. It doesn't seem as though Zoho is making any updates to the program which is really unfortunate because it would be nice to see changes made or at least attempts of improvement. The application feels stagnant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Expensify is better. Zoho Expense isn't cheap and for the price, it should be doing a lot more.

The ability for peers to approve expense reports is convenient, but you cannot have final approver approve a refund because you cannot change the approving amount to less than 0.

Zoho Expense review by Cesar L.
Cesar L.

"Best Expense Report Platform"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, Multicurrency, Great app. Easy workflow and flow establishment, easy advance set up, great capacity for receipt capture., customizable, can set it up in spanish also

Keep it up zoho, Best expense report decision we have taken, report review time cut in less than half, . Truly recommend it

What do you dislike?

we really have not seen any issues with the platform, if we would have to complain about anything it woud be that it is not free, however quality has its cost, we are really happy with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, really easy and intuitive, the program speaks for itself, use it and you will wnat to keep it as a permanent solution, workers have greater idea of how much mpney they have left, if they owe the company or if the company owes them money.

Our users have forgotten about the problem of converting foreign currencies, the program does it itself to your default currency, fx rate is updated each day in every currency

Policy violation integrated makes easy to see if any duplicates are being submitted

The app is great and easy to install, the admin role is really easy to use and expense reports are really easy to review.

Multi currency reports made easy for our international travellers, expense report review is really easy to perform

Users really easy to add,, you set up your own currencies and there are a lot available

Zoho Expense review by Jhaylorde M.
Jhaylorde M.

"Highly recommended app for busy people who wants everything organised!!!"

What do you like best?

Managing a small business has never been fun and easy because Zoho Expense made sure that our daily expenses are in order and recorded properly. Paper works for reimbursement and cash advances were minimised and we now have time and spaces for other important matters and documents. Having this as a mobile app in my phone means less time in my laptop, and that means comfort and convenience every time we record our expenses.

What do you dislike?

Scanning time for receipts has been difficult every morning till lunch in our area but goes smoothly in the afternoon. We prefer that scanning time should be smooth any time of the day because I have mentioned, we are busy people. We can't wait for the afternoon to come so as to start recording our expenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A highly recommended app for busy people who wanted their expenses and receipts monitored and recorded the most convenient way.

Monitoring individual employee expenses has been very difficult for us because our employees feel it was a tiring process, even for me. However, Zoho Expense solved that and it is now a way of life for us. And since we are into mobile phone all the time, the Zoho Expense app adds comfort and convenience. Cash advances are recorded regularly and orderly unlike before where we have to search emails and forms just to track how much each employee have requested in the past. Integration with Zoho Books makes it easy for our accounting people to do their job.

Zoho Expense review by User

"Generally good system, just needs a few tweaks"

What do you like best?

Integrates with Zoho books, and users don't need to be on payroll. Generally easy to submit and approve expenses.

What do you dislike?

Can't use tagging as in Zoho Books, which is really annoying because I then have to go through everyone's expenses in Zoho Books to add tags, and this has to be done before the expense is marked as reimbursed, otherwise I have to undo the whole thing and start again. Also, users find it tricky to find the system for adding mileage since it's different to adding any other expense. And they also find it irritating that you have to create a 'report' as well as an expense - it would be good if this was automatic.

Previously had paper record of expenses, so we now save paper and have a much more efficient system for keeping records. Much easier to find receipts when needed. Expenses are easier to claim, and tend to be claimed more promptly because of this, which helps business planning. Used to have to manually enter expenses from paper forms, so we now save time and are likely to have fewer errors.

Zoho Expense review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"Convenient and helpful"

What do you like best?

This helps getting our staff to regularly report and track expenses and receipts. I love the free ACH reimbursement capability. The workflows are easy to create as well. The cost is unbeatable for under 10 users

What do you dislike?

Some things are not intuitive about the set up, but overall it is helpful. The credit card feeds need to update more often. I usually have to do so manually, and if you don't know where to look, doing it this way can be pretty hard. Staff have a hard time differentiating expenses and receipts, and finding both within the mobile and online apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost effective solution for under 10 users.

Credit card reconciliation and reimbursements for expenses and mileage. Saves a lot of time and need for approvals via email.

Zoho Expense review by Saurabh J.
Saurabh J.

"We recovered our expense on Zoho Expense within the first month"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense really simplifies the process of submitting, reviewing and reimbursing employee made expenses. As a small organisation, we thought we did not need formal expense reporting software, and that Google Sheets was just fine. However, the amount of time and hassle saved by using proper software over spreadsheets is simply amazing.

What do you dislike?

I have used Expensify and similar expense reporting software in corporate jobs. Compared to those, there isn't much to dislike in Zoho Expense. One big pain is that we must issue cheques for the exact balance value of a reimbursement, in order to settle it. We would like to make an adhoc payment through Zoho Books and then split that across settling one Expense, and using the balance as advance for the next one.

We have solved many problems with Expense. The first is getting real time data on per-day expenses when our field staff is traveling. Second, we now have an approvals process in place. Third, expenses are settled very quickly. Fourth, we do not need to wait for paper receipts to be filed in order to settle reimbursements (Zoho Expense lets you electronically capture receipts right from your smartphone).

Zoho Expense review by User

"Our experience with Zoho Expense product"

What do you like best?

The mobile application is wonderful. I can do everything easily on my phone with very little effort. It is intuitive and convenient. I hardly have a need to log on to the desktop application except for reporting and administrative functions for the organization.

What do you dislike?

While linking an expense to a report, if I have to create a new report, first I have to create the report and then come back and select it. It is a small inconvenience. Also, the delete function can probably be a bit better than it is today.

We are a small start up and needed a cost effective and easy to use expense reporting solution. We got a lot more than what we bargained for. We can use this tool not only for our US employees but also for our off-shore resources. It supports multiple currencies with currency conversion. This makes expense reporting very easy for us.

Zoho Expense review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"An excellent application in a great suite of tools"

What do you like best?

The smartscan functionality is by far the best feature. It makes the capture of receipts very easy.

What do you dislike?

No auto-reports at the end of each week (something that we had with Expensify). I would also like to see some smarter auto-categorisation when vendors are updated on reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is good and the website supports it really well. I would recommend it especially if you are looking at Zoho Invoice or Zoho Books.

It saves a significant amount of time for employees spread across different locations. It also saves time in terms of not having to type in all details of a receipt.

Zoho Expense review by Abhijit Singh A.
Abhijit Singh A.

"Makes your life easier as an entrepreneur"

What do you like best?

I run an IT consultancy called Zindagi Technologies. My team travels all over the country meeting customers to provide solutions to their ICT problems. Before using Zoho Expense - everything was recorded in an excel file. It was a nightmare to keep track of expenses and reimbursements.

Zoho Expense has made life simple. All team members have the app installed on their phones where expense receipts are captured easily.

What do you dislike?

The ICICI bank integration is too flaky. It's not consistent. It's a pity coz otherwise this is a rock solid product.

It makes it easier to record and reimburse expenses.

Zoho Expense review by Consultant in Oil & Energy
Consultant in Oil & Energy

"Nice tool for recording and reporting expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the combination of mobile app + cloud aspect of Zoho, where you can take quick photos of your expenses and and document them in PDF reports. Its reports are very useful to include in the official expense report of the company.

What do you dislike?

The receipt reports is a little buggy, with some receipts extrapolating it's allocated region covering other receipts. To fix this its usually necessary to change the report layout from 6 to 9 receipts per page or editing the photo and uploading it again. I would also like Office Lens or Cam Scanner capabilities of cropping the photos of the receipts automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect the expense report experience to be flawless. When taking pictures of receipts, do so with the free Office Lens from Microsoft and save it to the photo gallery. Include pictures from the gallery for the expense report, your receipts will look nicer on the report.

Expense reporting is one of the most time consuming activities with little added value for the company. I actually pay the monthly bill out of pocket to save time and grief doing expense reports.

Zoho Expense review by Angelica F.
Angelica F.

"Expense Organization that keeps you organized"

What do you like best?

I like the way tat I can use it on Apple and Android products. This allows me to keep my expenses accurate and precise. I like the way that the software is easy to access on any device at home, work or school. That makes it convenient and useful for everyday use while I work on the go.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the software has to be used with my work account for the business. I would like to use this for my personal use because I want my finances at home to be accurate and my accounts balanced. I need the organization at home because finances run my household and I need them clear and precise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to its full advantage by downloading the software and using it on all platforms as much as necessary.

We have solved many of the finance problems our company has. This way most of our accounts are organized and settled properly.

"Streamlined our processes"

What do you like best?

Zoho is extremely user friendly, you can accomplish tasks several different ways. It is a quick and easy way to log expenses automatically into quick books. We have multiple users across many states and it has been a great addition to our reporting. It is helping us become more accurate and have quicker & better information.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little challenging getting individual users set up. However once done, it is great. Noticed on the mobile app that when you are uploading a lot of receipts at one time it will crash. Take your time and dont overload the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have several different users try it out. We found that different users had different difficulty understanding certain areas. it helps in training new users how to avoid pitfalls.

Much better accuracy in our expenses and much quicker turn around on reports.

Zoho Expense review by Victoria B.
Victoria B.

"A convenient way to record employee expenses, neatly tied in with Zoho Books"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Zoho Expenses is that it links seamlessly with Zoho Books, making banking reconciliations very easy. I also love the fact that expenses can be added in multiple currencies.

What do you dislike?

It isn't the most user friendly expenses reporting platform, and employees often have to ask me how to do things. The need to create a report and to add expenses to the report seems like a slightly laborious process.

It's a much better method than the Excel-based expenses that we used to use, which was very time consuming for expenses in foreign currencies. It streamlines the expenses reporting process, encourages employees to file their expenses more promptly because it is convenient, and makes reconciliation of expenses easier.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in International Trade and Development
Administrator in International Trade and Development

"Zoho Expense Is Helping Me Realize My Location Independent Dream"

What do you like best?

I love how easy and intuitive the interface is. Especially as company using Google Work it's easy to integrate our workflow from there into Zoho Expense and then the ease of invoice clients is great.

What do you dislike?

Wish Admin could customize the roles more, for example I want my project manager to be able to add new users without them having other admin privileges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump in sooner than later.

Speeding up & automating the way we track our project expenses and get reimbursed by clients. As our company takes on more projects it becomes a full time job to simply log expenses in a spreadsheet and bill clients for those expenses which causes cash flow issues and naturally we miss the occasional expense and ultimately lose money.

Zoho Expense review by David  R.
David R.

"Great system "

What do you like best?

Zoho Expenses has really helped get rid of paper based expenses claims and is so easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone.

What do you dislike?

You have the odd little thing that may not be how you normally do things but the good features more than make up for these little ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good system that is fairly easy to use and having the app on your phone is a massive help to me and my team

Time saving for the accounts team. Less paperwork flying about.

Zoho Expense review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Affordable and efficient expense reporting solution"

What do you like best?

The receipt auto-scan feature is a true selling point. Not only does it reduce entry time for the team, but it also helps catch duplicates.

What do you dislike?

That said, sometimes the auto-scan feature is slow.

Our team was trying to find an affordable solution to reduce the burden of filling out paper forms (which eventually ended up in the cloud anyway!) to request expense reimbursements and were lucky enough to find Zoho Expense. Since switching over to Zoho, thanks to the many ways of submitting receipts for auto-scan (forwarding from email, taking a picture with the app), team members have eliminated lost receipts and can complete their expense reports in half the time. Not only that, team members no longer have to worry where in the approval process their request is because they can track it real-time in their personal dashboards.

Zoho Expense review by Karthik P.
Karthik P.

"Excellent must-use tool for a small business "

What do you like best?

I experimented with Zoho Expense management tool for our organization given we partners travel extensively for work and expense reporting is a major bottleneck. The initial one month of usage itself was enough convince my entire team to switch over to this from paper/pen. While we did have some initial hiiccups in terms of ability to seamlessly use the tool, I was able to provide my feedback on the product which was promptly implemented making the tool very user-friendly. I would recommend every small and medium organization to use this system a it is highly efficient, very easy to use, auditable and gives a great experience.

What do you dislike?

The app is still not great, but then with the introduction of OCR, there is no need for the app as everything can be simply emailed to the email id and all receipts will be auto scanned which is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do start off with a few users to ensure users are comfortable with the work-flow and then implement in large scale

We are trying to solve the issue of reporting expenses on time and ensuring reimbursements happen on time. With the expense tool, this has become very quick and auditable.

Zoho Expense review by Mustafa O.
Mustafa O.

"Strong Tool for Expense Reporting"

What do you like best?

To be able to create reports for each sales/service case including applying advances. Simple and easy to use. Integration to zoho books enables to reflect cost into our books directly. Auto scan function is also saves significant time of the users.

What do you dislike?

It would have been nicer if there was an option to link the expense to a sales/service order in order to figure out the gross profit for each order similar to projects.

Mainly service team expense reporting and cost calculation.

Zoho Expense review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent expense reporting with all the features of paid alternatives"

What do you like best?

- You can get a lot done with just the free community version

- Ability to add upto 3 users in an organisaion in the community version

- Other alternatives I looked at had a monthly fee but the features were more or less the same or lesser in comparison

- Very comprehensive reporting options

- System stability, elegant design and workflow

- Simple to use even for a novice

- Quickbooks integration

- Starter package for upto 10 users is $ 15 a month with additional users being $ 2 / month

What do you dislike?

- Requires internet connectivity which might not be available all the time when you are travelling

- Receipt scanning is not that great

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try their community (Free) version to get a first-hand assessment. I had signed up for a paid alternative only to find out that many of the advertised features didn't really work efficiently in practice.

We needed an inexpensive expense reporting tool. Most other apps in the same category limit the available features without which they are not useful (eg., limit on number of expenses or similar restrictions). Zoho expense provided an inexpensive, feature rich interface that was simple and user-friendly and yet had an extensive list of customisation options. We eventually switched to the enterprise version.

Zoho Expense review by Bethany J.
Bethany J.

"Excellent Expense Reporting System"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to get users setup and working. The website is very intuitive and requires little to no training for new users. This is a great improvement over the prior system that we used.

What do you dislike?

While I have found the reporting to be sufficient, I think this is an area where some improvement time could be invested. It would be great to be able to query the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider allowing/advertising to your staff regarding the app. It makes expense reporting very easy for those on the go and employees will report expenses timely.

It allows us to make expense reporting a quick and easy process to submit and have approved. We have benefited from quicker submissions of expenses which allows for better expense recognition.

Zoho Expense review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Fantastic tool to work with."

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense is definitely a game changer compared to the bigger and branded systems out in the market. Great Application.Users are happy. Customisation is seamless. Good expense tracking system. Nice app.

What do you dislike?

Travel Module which by default comes with the Expense Management has lot of work that need to done before benching marking themselves against industry leaders like SAP (Concur)/Oracle Suite etc. Default reports under analytics are not up to the mark. Need improvement and better equip with customer requirements. Every customer has different way to analyse the data and with their available applications in Zoho, the default reports are not sufficient enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoho has been changing the landscape of how the application function compared to big and branded systems in the market and with it's easy customisation available within the application and a better support team to guide and resolve the issues 24x7 which are out of our scope definitely helps. There are updates on a monthly basis which is notified on time. Ready to use application out of the box. Bit of a learning curve initially but all will get a hang of how the system works and modify as per our requirements.

Submission,Tracking and Advance request and mapping the expenses against project/multiple project and users has better visibility on their claims raised and management has a better view of how the expenditures are turning out and helping them to better equip with a budget going forward.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Very happy team manager"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense was most straightforward, allowed minimum set-up (cut off all unnecessary fields), and was the easiest to configure of the few solutions we compared.

The mobile client with receipt scanning and automated form filling works quite well.

Daily automatic exchange rates are handy as well.

What do you dislike?

Client and project reports could be more comprehensive, i.e. provide a possibility create a project expense PDF containing expenses and scanned receipts from various users' expense reports that could be saved and sent to customer for their records and and evidence of the costs generated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did a trial with 3 pilot users, were convinced and have been using the software since - currently with the team of 17 users. We are also considering to take other Zoho family products in use and replace some of our other software products.

Zoho has made our expense process much more efficient than before.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Great expense management platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to forward emails and auto scan, ability to add receipts to expenses seamlessly and ability to map expenses to projects stand out. But overall it feels as if the software is custom built for our needs even though its an off the shelf product!

What do you dislike?

The auto scan features still need to go someway. A lot of emails get rejected due to attachment issues even when the attachment is an image (which should be ignored and focus left to body of mail)

We have a travel heavy organization where almost everyone travels multiple times in a month along with a ton of local claim reimbursement. Essentially, what an intense paper-based process has transformed into an easy to submit, easy to approve process. This is saving several hours each month for everyone across the organization while making the process more audit ready and reviewable. This has also enabled us to process claims faster which makes cashflows smoother for employees.

Zoho Expense review by Eva L.
Eva L.

"Streamline software that's easy to use"

What do you like best?

The interface and customizable options, reports and overall analysis are very useful in keeping all our team's expenses organized.

What do you dislike?

It does not integrate with Xero, this makes our monthly process a bit more cummbersome.

We needed to move away from Excel and have a tool to manage the bill payments plus monthly expenses. We have found the team has been able to easily adopt Zoho and it's helped a ton with our monthly process!

Zoho Expense review by Gaurang M.
Gaurang M.

"Easy Integration and Use"

What do you like best?

The linkage to other oho products and the management of accounting entries. Also like the policy management and the ability to pull receipts and expenses from credit card statements. Also really like the email receipt function as well as the mobile phone app.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Would like to have this integrate with our travel portal, Egencia. This would make receipt and expense management even easier.

Policy driven expense management. Automated report generation and processing, storage and cataloging of all reports processed for acconting purposes

Zoho Expense review by Jersey G.
Jersey G.

"Great and Affordable Expense Reimbursement Software"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense has been a great option for our organization. It allows for easy expense reporting, is very customizable and I've been very happy with customer service. It also streamlines reimbursements for employees at the time of payroll. It's also more affordable than other platforms, which is wonderful since we are a non profit and always thinking of the budget.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't link with our People's United Bank credit cards.

Many of our employees are out in the field and the Zoho Expense app makes it a long easier to keep their receipts and track their expenses. It's also great to have a record of all the expenses at our fingertips as well as a more streamlined approval process. It saves everyone time.

Zoho Expense review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Zoho Expense Simplifies a Normally painful process"

What do you like best?

Email receipt feature and auto-analysis are amazingly well-designed capabilities. I can forward emails with receipts in the body or attachment to my unique email address and it will automatically analyze the email and produce a populated expense item. Once that is complete, it is just a matter of confirming the item was correctly populated with information by clicking a button. After all of your receipts are submitted the process of creating and submitting a complete expense report takes only a few clicks more.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but it would be nice if they gave you the ability to chose and purchase a core set of offerings up front, and then choose which of those to include employees on when you add them as a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The integration with Zoho Books makes this tool even more valuable, but even without that, it is still better than other expense tracking methods I have used previously. The solution also has the ability to link in with CRM software and a project management solution to track project and client billable expenses and time.

It makes a process that usually takes me at least an hour and a half every two weeks to something that takes less than 15 minutes. It also ties into Zoho Books to automatically account for the expenses and stores the receipts electronically. Zoho expense is a multifaceted time saver and simplifies a number of normally clunky processes.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Zoho Expense - Grupo Cadelga"

What do you like best?

Grupo Cadelga really enjoys how easy it is to manipulate things within the website. We enjoy all the benefits the subscription provides, especially because we can upload all our preview expenses using and excel worksheet. Overall, Zoho expense has managed to provide us with a pleasant experience, and we have learned the mechancis of the website pretty quickly.

What do you dislike?

When we were trying to upload all our previous expenses to the cloud/website, it showed us the sample excel worksheet, but it showed in my opinion an excess of information to include. We belive the worksheet should be able to be manipulated in accordance to the website, because some of our needs are not represented in the worksheet. We also dislike that not all of the features are available with the first subscription, and we have to request the insatllment or availability of these.

We are solving business problems regarding the travel expenses of employees witihin our company. We used to store all our inventory of expenses and documentation on massive amounts of folders, but with Zoho expense, we have managed to find a much faster and easier way to store all the travel expenses.

Zoho Expense review by Armando A.
Armando A.

"A great expense management and approval tool at a great price"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense provides an excellent and easy to use interface, access via web or mobile phone along with scary-good scanning of receipts. Features like categories, departments and approval workflow make it even more valuable.

Photos of receipts are incredibly accurate even picking up hand-written tip amounts.

Simple and clean reports. Auto-forwarding to accounting clerk for quick processing.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see better multi-level approvals and multi-company support. Tighter integration with other financial applications would also be welcomed. Would also like to see more flexibility in approvals such as "out-of-office" features to delegate access to other approvers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product that will surprise you with its features, ease of use and excellent value.

Easier capture of expense information in a more timely fashion. Reduced reliance on paper receipts. Quicker expense request processing with higher visibility and category based data.

Zoho Expense review by Inge B.
Inge B.

"Zoho Expense and CRM"

What do you like best?

I love how all the Zoho modules integrate with each other and how the modules can be added along with the growth of your business. Zoho Expense has given me great relief on the processing of expense reports and reporting the expenes along with the receipts in the Zoho books module. My employees are using the Zoho expense app on a daily basis and through the ease of use, no receipt gets lost. Approving their expense reports has become a breeze as well. Zoho's customer support is outstanding - whenever I approach them with an issue - I will get feedback often the same day, accompanied by a phone call the following day if the issue persists. All of my issues have been resolved within 2 days since I started with the Zoho company in 2012.Keep up the great work Zoho!

What do you dislike?

There could be a better bulk update option with some pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Zoho Expense module is easy to set up. Their smart phone app gives employees a great way to record their expenses along with the receipts and submit them to be approved. There is a lot of functionality in the module as well. It provides a seamless integration with Zoho books.

We are selling manufacturing equipment and Zoho has helped us to create and maintain a customer database with Zoho CRM. The biggest advantage is its reliability and customization. It also integrates with our other departments accounting/finances/expense reporting/marketing and communication. Zoho is a great and affordable platform for smaller to midsize sales companies in accomplishing their day-to-day operations.

Zoho Expense review by Rahul B.
Rahul B.

"What an organised expense management tool"

What do you like best?

Most of the companies have policies where employee gets reimbursement for the expenses incurred by him during a certain period. It could be for travel, food or accommodation during business trips etc. Zoho expense is a very effective tool to file those expenses:

(1) Dashboard provides the snapshot of current status: Reimbursement awaiting, Approvals awaiting

(2) Employee have flexibility to add reports one by one or bulk import also.

For management:

(1) It gives beautiful insights with analytics where their money is going, expenditure behavior of different departments & different employees.

What do you dislike?

(1) For each single changes made by the administration in the reports submitted by employee; there would be notification. E.g.: If there are 50 expenses submitted & admin added a comment to each report, there would be 50 emails in your inbox.

(2) Also the number of fields required in submitting a single expense is very high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoho expense is a highly cost-effective solution for automated report submissions & smoother reimbursement process in any firm.

Our company is using it for accounts department. Employees of different departments file the expenses to accounts department via Zoho expense tool. It has made the job of accounts department easy as they have better track of expense reports and organised way to reimburse them.

"Very Effecient"

What do you like best?

That feature where you can just take a photo and then the systems auto scans it and put on the details like name, amount, Vat and the automatic currency conversion. There is also the option which you can automatically get feeds from your credit card and you can choose if it's personal or company use.

What do you dislike?

that in Zohobooks it cannot be paid in installment basis. like if the total payable is 1000, you cannot pay 500 and then 500.

a lot, like the one i meantioned on top. also by using this, you don't have to manually encode the reimbursements of each user as i automatically entered in Zoho books.

Zoho Expense review by Eric K.
Eric K.

"Very handy, some improvement possible"

What do you like best?

Use on mobile devices,

Processing bills further in an online environment by using the computer

auto scanning of bills, although it does not always recognize correctly.

Direct transfer to Zoho Books

Keeping track of reimbursements.

Possibility to indicate if costs need to be charged to the client.

What do you dislike?

There is no good way we could find yet, to link expenses directly to our projects, which are in Zoho Projects.

At the moment, it seems not possible to record expenses offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try if it works for you.

Structured approach for submitting expense claims

No need to process line by line

It saves time from our administration personnel

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Awesome application for our Business"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. This was a very simple application to implement and teach others to use and we can import data into our financial software easily

What do you dislike?

More customization fields and ability to restrict accounts based on the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and set up. ZOHO is a practical and cost effective solution to small business expense reporting. The ability to capture receipts with a mobile device and upload to the cloud is huge. this aids in adoption of the users.

Able to involve each user to create and compile their own expense report instead of piling receipts on someones desk for them to sort and apply to expenses lines. saved 2-3 days per month of admin time.

Zoho Expense review by Tiziano L.
Tiziano L.

"Input once. Let Zoho Expense do the rest"

What do you like best?

The reliable interconnection with Zoho Books is outstanding. It saves a lot of time handling expense reports and recording them. The authorization system works great. The interaction design and the UI itself are far advanced compared to the other solutions in the market. The multi-currencies feature is the best I have ever tried during my career: you can always define the exchange rate at any moment, aligning journals with your bank's recorded transactions. The invoicing system connected with Zoho Books allows to submit billable expenses directly and easily.

What do you dislike?

It seems there are two different "cards" while using both Zoho Expense and Books, even if the card is the same. The double pricing if I am already a client of another Zoho product.

Reporting, paying and recording employees expenses. Invoicing additional costs to clients in the right way.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Low cost expense reporting solution"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense is low cost. They are quick to answer questions or even address shortfalls in the software.

What do you dislike?

They are getting better at automating recurring expenses, but there is still some work to be done in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the card connections to sync expenses with your card. This makes it much easier to connect your expenses with Zoho. If you have a problems or there is a short coming in the software, reach out to support. They are really good about helping solve problem or adding feature requests.

We needed to track expenses electronically and move away from paper reporting. We have benefited in that we can now run reports on our expenses.

Zoho Expense review by Vishwajeet R.
Vishwajeet R.

"The easiest way to manage expense reimbursement"

What do you like best?

Single click reimbursement thru ICICI Bank. Auto mileage tracking in real time. Multi currency. The works

What do you dislike?

The exponse report output is too long. Consumes too much paper. Its just a record for the authorities. No one reads it. Make it compact and simple. SAVE PAPER. SAVE TREES.

On time expense booking and reimbursement. Reduces the manhours required from accounting team. Easy implementation of policies and control. Accounts employee cost.

Zoho Expense review by Executive Sponsor in Market Research
Executive Sponsor in Market Research

"Zoho Conquers Concur"

What do you like best?

We have about 50 users. We tried rolling out Concur and it was too complicated to get working, too hard for employees and the interface was horrible. Comparatively, Zoho Expense was far easier to roll out. We were up and running in days. We invested 90 days in Concur and couldn't get a single user onboarded.

What do you dislike?

It was hard nailing down a process and simplified training materials for our team. I think the process of capturing receipts and creating new expenses is simple for personal credit card or cash expenses. However, it was a little confusing at first how to do so w/ our corporate-liable credit cards. Now that we're up and running, we can explain it to new users with ease.

We now have better expense control and faster reporting. Nearly all reports are filed within our 60-day deadline.

Zoho Expense review by Mara C.
Mara C.

"Very straightforward and user friendly"

What do you like best?

It is easy to tell what expenses have been processed and which not. There is a lot of personalization available and the reports are great to figure out where the money goes.

What do you dislike?

My business partner and I have to produce separate reports, even though we need just one for both. But we just produce separate reports in Excel and then merge the information in Excel.

We need to produce expense reports to present to our CPA for tax purposes. This is very helpful and we can photograph receipts on the go and edit later. We don't have to keep hundreds of little papers any more!!

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Zoho Expense tool : Easy to access, report and process"

What do you like best?

Our employees able to put their multiple expenses on to a system that is easy to use. even they can use it through Mobile which is very time saving. Our finance team love the system as it makes invoicing and expensing easy to follow and requires less work on their part, freeing up their time for other important work.

What do you dislike?

sometimes member will face the Log in issue that we need to active them again. Apart from this no such disadvantages with Zoho

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoho expense tool is best in the market which provides employee friendly system. EASY to report EASY to access and EASY to process

we are getting the expense reports on time which is indeed saving the lot of time.

Zoho tool is accessible through mobile also so employees can create their report as and when they incur the expense

"Zoho for Expenses"

What do you like best?

There is nothing that makes this product acceptable, when reporting is invalidated by incorrect or unreported expenses by employees, which has no solution yet for the ADMIN to make any corrections.

What do you dislike?

Zoho is an inadequate expense reporting system that has introduced upon our client requests many changes to their product. Not all requested changes have been made even with promised dates of 90 days and ongoing, which have continued to stretch to over a year and still remain unresolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use of the Zoho product is not recommended. There are more sophisticated, proven and free products for business expenses reporting in the marketplace where reports can be utilized and Admin can have control of the errors in the employee submissions, as well as terminated employees non-reported registers.

Only the employee expenses usually incorrectly submitted through the confusing and multiple avenues allowable in Zoho have been received. Per the complicated, multiple avenues available to the employees for submitting their expenses, the reporting in Zoho is rendered USELESS!!!

"Simple & Efficient!"

What do you like best?

I love that this app sends you a PDF copy of the expense reports that include images of the receipts. Instead of having to save and scan every receipt, I can file the expense report. It makes managing the books in my business much easier. I also appreciate the archiving feature so I never lose any of my documentation. This app saves me hours maintaining my books.

What do you dislike?

Since I am a business of one, I wish I could handle some of the admin features fro the app instead of going to the browser. For example, it would be nice to mark expense reports as "reimbursed" through the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resource and support with a rapid response.

As an entrepreneur, I am saving HOURS in sorting through receipts, scanning, and organizing them for tax reporting. Now, I just snap pictures as soon as I get them, attache them to a report, then I get a detailed report that is sorted by expenditure.

Zoho Expense review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"Super easy to set up. Very cost effective. Works as intended."

What do you like best?

• Zoho makes the whole expense and reimbursement process effortless

• Emails and approval workflows are easily customizable

• The interface works majestically on both web and mobile

• The commenting feature on line items and receipts makes following up with submitters really simple

What do you dislike?

• It would be good if Zoho linked with an accounts payable service to clear invoices as well

• Managing and enforcing an expense process for 28 students in a foreign country

• If students can use it without problem, then it's testament to the fact that the user interface is great

Zoho Expense review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"Shows great promise but lacks polish"

What do you like best?

Ability to auto-scan receipts is very handy.

What do you dislike?

iOS and Android versions are completely different, making training and supporting users more complex. Android doesn't even have integral features like being able to edit the tax amount.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that iOS and Android versions are completely different in both looks and features and know that this will complicate supporting the product.

We are able to avoid mailing/couriering receipts back to head office. Team members are able to stay on top of their expenses rather than spending half a day entering them at the end of the month.

Zoho Expense review by Olusegun D.
Olusegun D.

"This Product has been great"

What do you like best?

The Ability for staffs to access the application for anywhere at anytime for any devices is so marvelous and the ease of use for expense reconciliation is so amazing.

What do you dislike?

Ability of seeing the number of approval in the report PDF that approved a particular expense when it comes to multi level approval.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that Zoho expense is the good solution for users in the SME sector that want a cloud based solution that be access anywhere, at anytime, from any devices in carrying out expense reconciliation.

We use Zoho expense in carrying out our Expense and Reconciliations.

This has helped us in having all our expenses in a digital form and accessible anytime the organization needs such.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Great solution for corporate expenses!!"

What do you like best?

The app is very intuitive to use. It allows customisation to best adapt to your company needs. It works very good in both mobile and browser versions. Also price is very competitive.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I really dislike, it's a good solution overall and compared to other options has no downsides.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did a research on the market and Zoho Expense is a very good option. Price it's what first made it an interest option, and at the end it had the same or better features than competitors!

Time consuming expense reports, missing receipts, administrative work to process expenses. With Zoho, it's a dynamic process and more friendly for both end user and finance. The ability to prepare expenses on the go it's a pro that we look forward that helps speeding up reimbursement process as well.

Zoho Expense review by Sarah J.
Sarah J.

"Love this service"

What do you like best?

Zoho expense i a great service because it is both inexpensive and easy to use. The way receipts can be captured is a feature that I haven't seen before, and it works really well.

What do you dislike?

I haven't quite figured out how to integrate it best into quickbooks online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is easier to use than concur, but I haven't yet figured out how to integrate it into our accounting system.

We needed an easy way for our employees to submit their expenses for approval.

Learning about Zoho Expense?

* We monitor all Zoho Expense reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.