Zoho Expense

Expense reporting doesn't have to be painful. Zoho Expense is a perk for employees, managers, and finance teams!

Work for Zoho Expense?

Learning about Zoho Expense?

Zoho Expense Reviews

Showing 136 Zoho Expense reviews
Zoho Expense review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Amazing price, simple to use and administrate, but with great control"

What do you like best?

Being able to create a solid workflow for team members for expense approval, yet so simply has been one of the best features of the platform. The mobile app works well and captures the receipt details and allows each of the team to accurately record their expenses and keep on top of the process simply. Linking this back to our accountancy platform has also been a great benefit.

What do you dislike?

Setting the context of an expenses report automatically would be great, as you have to capture receipts into the expenses section and then set which Report they are linked to. If it were possible to have a default report that would be much easier, but this is a small concern.

Tracking a number of employees expenses and giving them the power to record the receipts automatically, without having to use hundreds of excel spreadsheets every month, and then time for myself to go through and approve and organise payments.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zoho Expense
Zoho Expense review by Katie D.
Katie D.

"Excellent Product, Excellent Customer Service!!"

What do you like best?

Every time I needed help during implementation, the customer support team actually LISTENED to what I needed and found intelligent workarounds. This is not the case with many software products I've used. It makes Zoho stand out to me. Plus, I absolutely love the product itself. Intuitive for my employees to use, and was easily adopted as a practice.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike. I manage different work locations, the only improvement I would ask for in the future is a way to isolate each "project" (location), but with the reporting filters it's easy to manage this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been using Zoho Expense for 6 months, and in this short time, they've unrolled new features and improvements, which is a great sign that this product will stay current and responsive to customer needs.

Zoho Expense has helped us have 100% accountability with our expense reporting and reconciliation. Prior, employees would lose receipts, and we were not able to reconcile our accounts daily. With Zoho expense my employees have become more responsible with receipts, and we've eliminated unauthorized purchases!

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Zoho Expense review by Lola C.
Lola C.

"Missing too many necessary features"

What do you like best?

Convenience of searching through past expenses, ability to send reports for approval to other users, easy to add multiple receipts. Offers mileage and currency conversion which is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

Unable to send to final approver if amount is a refund,or less than zero. Unable to split expenses, even though there is a "split" feature and button, it doesn't work - you have to itemize a charge in order to bill it to two different merchants. It does not process all cards, only a select few are updated through Zoho, other cards must be entered manually as expenses instead. It doesn't seem as though Zoho is making any updates to the program which is really unfortunate because it would be nice to see changes made or at least attempts of improvement. The application feels stagnant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Expensify is better. Zoho Expense isn't cheap and for the price, it should be doing a lot more.

The ability for peers to approve expense reports is convenient, but you cannot have final approver approve a refund because you cannot change the approving amount to less than 0.

Zoho Expense review by User

"Generally good system, just needs a few tweaks"

What do you like best?

Integrates with Zoho books, and users don't need to be on payroll. Generally easy to submit and approve expenses.

What do you dislike?

Can't use tagging as in Zoho Books, which is really annoying because I then have to go through everyone's expenses in Zoho Books to add tags, and this has to be done before the expense is marked as reimbursed, otherwise I have to undo the whole thing and start again. Also, users find it tricky to find the system for adding mileage since it's different to adding any other expense. And they also find it irritating that you have to create a 'report' as well as an expense - it would be good if this was automatic.

Previously had paper record of expenses, so we now save paper and have a much more efficient system for keeping records. Much easier to find receipts when needed. Expenses are easier to claim, and tend to be claimed more promptly because of this, which helps business planning. Used to have to manually enter expenses from paper forms, so we now save time and are likely to have fewer errors.

Zoho Expense review by Dan M.
Dan M.

"Convenient and helpful"

What do you like best?

This helps getting our staff to regularly report and track expenses and receipts. I love the free ACH reimbursement capability. The workflows are easy to create as well. The cost is unbeatable for under 10 users

What do you dislike?

Some things are not intuitive about the set up, but overall it is helpful. The credit card feeds need to update more often. I usually have to do so manually, and if you don't know where to look, doing it this way can be pretty hard. Staff have a hard time differentiating expenses and receipts, and finding both within the mobile and online apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost effective solution for under 10 users.

Credit card reconciliation and reimbursements for expenses and mileage. Saves a lot of time and need for approvals via email.

Zoho Expense review by Saurabh J.
Saurabh J.

"We recovered our expense on Zoho Expense within the first month"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense really simplifies the process of submitting, reviewing and reimbursing employee made expenses. As a small organisation, we thought we did not need formal expense reporting software, and that Google Sheets was just fine. However, the amount of time and hassle saved by using proper software over spreadsheets is simply amazing.

What do you dislike?

I have used Expensify and similar expense reporting software in corporate jobs. Compared to those, there isn't much to dislike in Zoho Expense. One big pain is that we must issue cheques for the exact balance value of a reimbursement, in order to settle it. We would like to make an adhoc payment through Zoho Books and then split that across settling one Expense, and using the balance as advance for the next one.

We have solved many problems with Expense. The first is getting real time data on per-day expenses when our field staff is traveling. Second, we now have an approvals process in place. Third, expenses are settled very quickly. Fourth, we do not need to wait for paper receipts to be filed in order to settle reimbursements (Zoho Expense lets you electronically capture receipts right from your smartphone).

Zoho Expense review by User

"Our experience with Zoho Expense product"

What do you like best?

The mobile application is wonderful. I can do everything easily on my phone with very little effort. It is intuitive and convenient. I hardly have a need to log on to the desktop application except for reporting and administrative functions for the organization.

What do you dislike?

While linking an expense to a report, if I have to create a new report, first I have to create the report and then come back and select it. It is a small inconvenience. Also, the delete function can probably be a bit better than it is today.

We are a small start up and needed a cost effective and easy to use expense reporting solution. We got a lot more than what we bargained for. We can use this tool not only for our US employees but also for our off-shore resources. It supports multiple currencies with currency conversion. This makes expense reporting very easy for us.

Zoho Expense review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"An excellent application in a great suite of tools"

What do you like best?

The smartscan functionality is by far the best feature. It makes the capture of receipts very easy.

What do you dislike?

No auto-reports at the end of each week (something that we had with Expensify). I would also like to see some smarter auto-categorisation when vendors are updated on reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is good and the website supports it really well. I would recommend it especially if you are looking at Zoho Invoice or Zoho Books.

It saves a significant amount of time for employees spread across different locations. It also saves time in terms of not having to type in all details of a receipt.

Zoho Expense review by Abhijit Singh A.
Abhijit Singh A.

"Makes your life easier as an entrepreneur"

What do you like best?

I run an IT consultancy called Zindagi Technologies. My team travels all over the country meeting customers to provide solutions to their ICT problems. Before using Zoho Expense - everything was recorded in an excel file. It was a nightmare to keep track of expenses and reimbursements.

Zoho Expense has made life simple. All team members have the app installed on their phones where expense receipts are captured easily.

What do you dislike?

The ICICI bank integration is too flaky. It's not consistent. It's a pity coz otherwise this is a rock solid product.

It makes it easier to record and reimburse expenses.

Zoho Expense review by Consultant in Oil & Energy
Consultant in Oil & Energy

"Nice tool for recording and reporting expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the combination of mobile app + cloud aspect of Zoho, where you can take quick photos of your expenses and and document them in PDF reports. Its reports are very useful to include in the official expense report of the company.

What do you dislike?

The receipt reports is a little buggy, with some receipts extrapolating it's allocated region covering other receipts. To fix this its usually necessary to change the report layout from 6 to 9 receipts per page or editing the photo and uploading it again. I would also like Office Lens or Cam Scanner capabilities of cropping the photos of the receipts automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect the expense report experience to be flawless. When taking pictures of receipts, do so with the free Office Lens from Microsoft and save it to the photo gallery. Include pictures from the gallery for the expense report, your receipts will look nicer on the report.

Expense reporting is one of the most time consuming activities with little added value for the company. I actually pay the monthly bill out of pocket to save time and grief doing expense reports.

Zoho Expense review by Angelica F.
Angelica F.

"Expense Organization that keeps you organized"

What do you like best?

I like the way tat I can use it on Apple and Android products. This allows me to keep my expenses accurate and precise. I like the way that the software is easy to access on any device at home, work or school. That makes it convenient and useful for everyday use while I work on the go.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the software has to be used with my work account for the business. I would like to use this for my personal use because I want my finances at home to be accurate and my accounts balanced. I need the organization at home because finances run my household and I need them clear and precise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to its full advantage by downloading the software and using it on all platforms as much as necessary.

We have solved many of the finance problems our company has. This way most of our accounts are organized and settled properly.

"Streamlined our processes"

What do you like best?

Zoho is extremely user friendly, you can accomplish tasks several different ways. It is a quick and easy way to log expenses automatically into quick books. We have multiple users across many states and it has been a great addition to our reporting. It is helping us become more accurate and have quicker & better information.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little challenging getting individual users set up. However once done, it is great. Noticed on the mobile app that when you are uploading a lot of receipts at one time it will crash. Take your time and dont overload the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have several different users try it out. We found that different users had different difficulty understanding certain areas. it helps in training new users how to avoid pitfalls.

Much better accuracy in our expenses and much quicker turn around on reports.

Zoho Expense review by Victoria B.
Victoria B.

"A convenient way to record employee expenses, neatly tied in with Zoho Books"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Zoho Expenses is that it links seamlessly with Zoho Books, making banking reconciliations very easy. I also love the fact that expenses can be added in multiple currencies.

What do you dislike?

It isn't the most user friendly expenses reporting platform, and employees often have to ask me how to do things. The need to create a report and to add expenses to the report seems like a slightly laborious process.

It's a much better method than the Excel-based expenses that we used to use, which was very time consuming for expenses in foreign currencies. It streamlines the expenses reporting process, encourages employees to file their expenses more promptly because it is convenient, and makes reconciliation of expenses easier.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in International Trade and Development
Administrator in International Trade and Development

"Zoho Expense Is Helping Me Realize My Location Independent Dream"

What do you like best?

I love how easy and intuitive the interface is. Especially as company using Google Work it's easy to integrate our workflow from there into Zoho Expense and then the ease of invoice clients is great.

What do you dislike?

Wish Admin could customize the roles more, for example I want my project manager to be able to add new users without them having other admin privileges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump in sooner than later.

Speeding up & automating the way we track our project expenses and get reimbursed by clients. As our company takes on more projects it becomes a full time job to simply log expenses in a spreadsheet and bill clients for those expenses which causes cash flow issues and naturally we miss the occasional expense and ultimately lose money.

Zoho Expense review by David  R.
David R.

"Great system "

What do you like best?

Zoho Expenses has really helped get rid of paper based expenses claims and is so easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone.

What do you dislike?

You have the odd little thing that may not be how you normally do things but the good features more than make up for these little ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good system that is fairly easy to use and having the app on your phone is a massive help to me and my team

Time saving for the accounts team. Less paperwork flying about.

Zoho Expense review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Affordable and efficient expense reporting solution"

What do you like best?

The receipt auto-scan feature is a true selling point. Not only does it reduce entry time for the team, but it also helps catch duplicates.

What do you dislike?

That said, sometimes the auto-scan feature is slow.

Our team was trying to find an affordable solution to reduce the burden of filling out paper forms (which eventually ended up in the cloud anyway!) to request expense reimbursements and were lucky enough to find Zoho Expense. Since switching over to Zoho, thanks to the many ways of submitting receipts for auto-scan (forwarding from email, taking a picture with the app), team members have eliminated lost receipts and can complete their expense reports in half the time. Not only that, team members no longer have to worry where in the approval process their request is because they can track it real-time in their personal dashboards.

Zoho Expense review by Karthik P.
Karthik P.

"Excellent must-use tool for a small business "

What do you like best?

I experimented with Zoho Expense management tool for our organization given we partners travel extensively for work and expense reporting is a major bottleneck. The initial one month of usage itself was enough convince my entire team to switch over to this from paper/pen. While we did have some initial hiiccups in terms of ability to seamlessly use the tool, I was able to provide my feedback on the product which was promptly implemented making the tool very user-friendly. I would recommend every small and medium organization to use this system a it is highly efficient, very easy to use, auditable and gives a great experience.

What do you dislike?

The app is still not great, but then with the introduction of OCR, there is no need for the app as everything can be simply emailed to the email id and all receipts will be auto scanned which is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do start off with a few users to ensure users are comfortable with the work-flow and then implement in large scale

We are trying to solve the issue of reporting expenses on time and ensuring reimbursements happen on time. With the expense tool, this has become very quick and auditable.

Zoho Expense review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent expense reporting with all the features of paid alternatives"

What do you like best?

- You can get a lot done with just the free community version

- Ability to add upto 3 users in an organisaion in the community version

- Other alternatives I looked at had a monthly fee but the features were more or less the same or lesser in comparison

- Very comprehensive reporting options

- System stability, elegant design and workflow

- Simple to use even for a novice

- Quickbooks integration

- Starter package for upto 10 users is $ 15 a month with additional users being $ 2 / month

What do you dislike?

- Requires internet connectivity which might not be available all the time when you are travelling

- Receipt scanning is not that great

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try their community (Free) version to get a first-hand assessment. I had signed up for a paid alternative only to find out that many of the advertised features didn't really work efficiently in practice.

We needed an inexpensive expense reporting tool. Most other apps in the same category limit the available features without which they are not useful (eg., limit on number of expenses or similar restrictions). Zoho expense provided an inexpensive, feature rich interface that was simple and user-friendly and yet had an extensive list of customisation options. We eventually switched to the enterprise version.

Zoho Expense review by Bethany J.
Bethany J.

"Excellent Expense Reporting System"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to get users setup and working. The website is very intuitive and requires little to no training for new users. This is a great improvement over the prior system that we used.

What do you dislike?

While I have found the reporting to be sufficient, I think this is an area where some improvement time could be invested. It would be great to be able to query the data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider allowing/advertising to your staff regarding the app. It makes expense reporting very easy for those on the go and employees will report expenses timely.

It allows us to make expense reporting a quick and easy process to submit and have approved. We have benefited from quicker submissions of expenses which allows for better expense recognition.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Very happy team manager"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense was most straightforward, allowed minimum set-up (cut off all unnecessary fields), and was the easiest to configure of the few solutions we compared.

The mobile client with receipt scanning and automated form filling works quite well.

Daily automatic exchange rates are handy as well.

What do you dislike?

Client and project reports could be more comprehensive, i.e. provide a possibility create a project expense PDF containing expenses and scanned receipts from various users' expense reports that could be saved and sent to customer for their records and and evidence of the costs generated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We did a trial with 3 pilot users, were convinced and have been using the software since - currently with the team of 17 users. We are also considering to take other Zoho family products in use and replace some of our other software products.

Zoho has made our expense process much more efficient than before.

Zoho Expense review by Gaurang M.
Gaurang M.

"Easy Integration and Use"

What do you like best?

The linkage to other oho products and the management of accounting entries. Also like the policy management and the ability to pull receipts and expenses from credit card statements. Also really like the email receipt function as well as the mobile phone app.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. Would like to have this integrate with our travel portal, Egencia. This would make receipt and expense management even easier.

Policy driven expense management. Automated report generation and processing, storage and cataloging of all reports processed for acconting purposes

Zoho Expense review by Jersey G.
Jersey G.

"Great and Affordable Expense Reimbursement Software"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense has been a great option for our organization. It allows for easy expense reporting, is very customizable and I've been very happy with customer service. It also streamlines reimbursements for employees at the time of payroll. It's also more affordable than other platforms, which is wonderful since we are a non profit and always thinking of the budget.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't link with our People's United Bank credit cards.

Many of our employees are out in the field and the Zoho Expense app makes it a long easier to keep their receipts and track their expenses. It's also great to have a record of all the expenses at our fingertips as well as a more streamlined approval process. It saves everyone time.

Zoho Expense review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Zoho Expense Simplifies a Normally painful process"

What do you like best?

Email receipt feature and auto-analysis are amazingly well-designed capabilities. I can forward emails with receipts in the body or attachment to my unique email address and it will automatically analyze the email and produce a populated expense item. Once that is complete, it is just a matter of confirming the item was correctly populated with information by clicking a button. After all of your receipts are submitted the process of creating and submitting a complete expense report takes only a few clicks more.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, but it would be nice if they gave you the ability to chose and purchase a core set of offerings up front, and then choose which of those to include employees on when you add them as a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The integration with Zoho Books makes this tool even more valuable, but even without that, it is still better than other expense tracking methods I have used previously. The solution also has the ability to link in with CRM software and a project management solution to track project and client billable expenses and time.

It makes a process that usually takes me at least an hour and a half every two weeks to something that takes less than 15 minutes. It also ties into Zoho Books to automatically account for the expenses and stores the receipts electronically. Zoho expense is a multifaceted time saver and simplifies a number of normally clunky processes.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Zoho Expense - Grupo Cadelga"

What do you like best?

Grupo Cadelga really enjoys how easy it is to manipulate things within the website. We enjoy all the benefits the subscription provides, especially because we can upload all our preview expenses using and excel worksheet. Overall, Zoho expense has managed to provide us with a pleasant experience, and we have learned the mechancis of the website pretty quickly.

What do you dislike?

When we were trying to upload all our previous expenses to the cloud/website, it showed us the sample excel worksheet, but it showed in my opinion an excess of information to include. We belive the worksheet should be able to be manipulated in accordance to the website, because some of our needs are not represented in the worksheet. We also dislike that not all of the features are available with the first subscription, and we have to request the insatllment or availability of these.

We are solving business problems regarding the travel expenses of employees witihin our company. We used to store all our inventory of expenses and documentation on massive amounts of folders, but with Zoho expense, we have managed to find a much faster and easier way to store all the travel expenses.

Zoho Expense review by Armando A.
Armando A.

"A great expense management and approval tool at a great price"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense provides an excellent and easy to use interface, access via web or mobile phone along with scary-good scanning of receipts. Features like categories, departments and approval workflow make it even more valuable.

Photos of receipts are incredibly accurate even picking up hand-written tip amounts.

Simple and clean reports. Auto-forwarding to accounting clerk for quick processing.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see better multi-level approvals and multi-company support. Tighter integration with other financial applications would also be welcomed. Would also like to see more flexibility in approvals such as "out-of-office" features to delegate access to other approvers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product that will surprise you with its features, ease of use and excellent value.

Easier capture of expense information in a more timely fashion. Reduced reliance on paper receipts. Quicker expense request processing with higher visibility and category based data.

Zoho Expense review by Inge B.
Inge B.

"Zoho Expense and CRM"

What do you like best?

I love how all the Zoho modules integrate with each other and how the modules can be added along with the growth of your business. Zoho Expense has given me great relief on the processing of expense reports and reporting the expenes along with the receipts in the Zoho books module. My employees are using the Zoho expense app on a daily basis and through the ease of use, no receipt gets lost. Approving their expense reports has become a breeze as well. Zoho's customer support is outstanding - whenever I approach them with an issue - I will get feedback often the same day, accompanied by a phone call the following day if the issue persists. All of my issues have been resolved within 2 days since I started with the Zoho company in 2012.Keep up the great work Zoho!

What do you dislike?

There could be a better bulk update option with some pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Zoho Expense module is easy to set up. Their smart phone app gives employees a great way to record their expenses along with the receipts and submit them to be approved. There is a lot of functionality in the module as well. It provides a seamless integration with Zoho books.

We are selling manufacturing equipment and Zoho has helped us to create and maintain a customer database with Zoho CRM. The biggest advantage is its reliability and customization. It also integrates with our other departments accounting/finances/expense reporting/marketing and communication. Zoho is a great and affordable platform for smaller to midsize sales companies in accomplishing their day-to-day operations.

Zoho Expense review by Rahul B.
Rahul B.

"What an organised expense management tool"

What do you like best?

Most of the companies have policies where employee gets reimbursement for the expenses incurred by him during a certain period. It could be for travel, food or accommodation during business trips etc. Zoho expense is a very effective tool to file those expenses:

(1) Dashboard provides the snapshot of current status: Reimbursement awaiting, Approvals awaiting

(2) Employee have flexibility to add reports one by one or bulk import also.

For management:

(1) It gives beautiful insights with analytics where their money is going, expenditure behavior of different departments & different employees.

What do you dislike?

(1) For each single changes made by the administration in the reports submitted by employee; there would be notification. E.g.: If there are 50 expenses submitted & admin added a comment to each report, there would be 50 emails in your inbox.

(2) Also the number of fields required in submitting a single expense is very high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoho expense is a highly cost-effective solution for automated report submissions & smoother reimbursement process in any firm.

Our company is using it for accounts department. Employees of different departments file the expenses to accounts department via Zoho expense tool. It has made the job of accounts department easy as they have better track of expense reports and organised way to reimburse them.

"Very Effecient"

What do you like best?

That feature where you can just take a photo and then the systems auto scans it and put on the details like name, amount, Vat and the automatic currency conversion. There is also the option which you can automatically get feeds from your credit card and you can choose if it's personal or company use.

What do you dislike?

that in Zohobooks it cannot be paid in installment basis. like if the total payable is 1000, you cannot pay 500 and then 500.

a lot, like the one i meantioned on top. also by using this, you don't have to manually encode the reimbursements of each user as i automatically entered in Zoho books.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Awesome application for our Business"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. This was a very simple application to implement and teach others to use and we can import data into our financial software easily

What do you dislike?

More customization fields and ability to restrict accounts based on the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and set up. ZOHO is a practical and cost effective solution to small business expense reporting. The ability to capture receipts with a mobile device and upload to the cloud is huge. this aids in adoption of the users.

Able to involve each user to create and compile their own expense report instead of piling receipts on someones desk for them to sort and apply to expenses lines. saved 2-3 days per month of admin time.

Zoho Expense review by Tiziano L.
Tiziano L.

"Input once. Let Zoho Expense do the rest"

What do you like best?

The reliable interconnection with Zoho Books is outstanding. It saves a lot of time handling expense reports and recording them. The authorization system works great. The interaction design and the UI itself are far advanced compared to the other solutions in the market. The multi-currencies feature is the best I have ever tried during my career: you can always define the exchange rate at any moment, aligning journals with your bank's recorded transactions. The invoicing system connected with Zoho Books allows to submit billable expenses directly and easily.

What do you dislike?

It seems there are two different "cards" while using both Zoho Expense and Books, even if the card is the same. The double pricing if I am already a client of another Zoho product.

Reporting, paying and recording employees expenses. Invoicing additional costs to clients in the right way.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Low cost expense reporting solution"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense is low cost. They are quick to answer questions or even address shortfalls in the software.

What do you dislike?

They are getting better at automating recurring expenses, but there is still some work to be done in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the card connections to sync expenses with your card. This makes it much easier to connect your expenses with Zoho. If you have a problems or there is a short coming in the software, reach out to support. They are really good about helping solve problem or adding feature requests.

We needed to track expenses electronically and move away from paper reporting. We have benefited in that we can now run reports on our expenses.

Zoho Expense review by Vishwajeet R.
Vishwajeet R.

"The easiest way to manage expense reimbursement"

What do you like best?

Single click reimbursement thru ICICI Bank. Auto mileage tracking in real time. Multi currency. The works

What do you dislike?

The exponse report output is too long. Consumes too much paper. Its just a record for the authorities. No one reads it. Make it compact and simple. SAVE PAPER. SAVE TREES.

On time expense booking and reimbursement. Reduces the manhours required from accounting team. Easy implementation of policies and control. Accounts employee cost.

Zoho Expense review by Mara C.
Mara C.

"Very straightforward and user friendly"

What do you like best?

It is easy to tell what expenses have been processed and which not. There is a lot of personalization available and the reports are great to figure out where the money goes.

What do you dislike?

My business partner and I have to produce separate reports, even though we need just one for both. But we just produce separate reports in Excel and then merge the information in Excel.

We need to produce expense reports to present to our CPA for tax purposes. This is very helpful and we can photograph receipts on the go and edit later. We don't have to keep hundreds of little papers any more!!

"Zoho for Expenses"

What do you like best?

There is nothing that makes this product acceptable, when reporting is invalidated by incorrect or unreported expenses by employees, which has no solution yet for the ADMIN to make any corrections.

What do you dislike?

Zoho is an inadequate expense reporting system that has introduced upon our client requests many changes to their product. Not all requested changes have been made even with promised dates of 90 days and ongoing, which have continued to stretch to over a year and still remain unresolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use of the Zoho product is not recommended. There are more sophisticated, proven and free products for business expenses reporting in the marketplace where reports can be utilized and Admin can have control of the errors in the employee submissions, as well as terminated employees non-reported registers.

Only the employee expenses usually incorrectly submitted through the confusing and multiple avenues allowable in Zoho have been received. Per the complicated, multiple avenues available to the employees for submitting their expenses, the reporting in Zoho is rendered USELESS!!!

"Simple & Efficient!"

What do you like best?

I love that this app sends you a PDF copy of the expense reports that include images of the receipts. Instead of having to save and scan every receipt, I can file the expense report. It makes managing the books in my business much easier. I also appreciate the archiving feature so I never lose any of my documentation. This app saves me hours maintaining my books.

What do you dislike?

Since I am a business of one, I wish I could handle some of the admin features fro the app instead of going to the browser. For example, it would be nice to mark expense reports as "reimbursed" through the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resource and support with a rapid response.

As an entrepreneur, I am saving HOURS in sorting through receipts, scanning, and organizing them for tax reporting. Now, I just snap pictures as soon as I get them, attache them to a report, then I get a detailed report that is sorted by expenditure.

Zoho Expense review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"Super easy to set up. Very cost effective. Works as intended."

What do you like best?

• Zoho makes the whole expense and reimbursement process effortless

• Emails and approval workflows are easily customizable

• The interface works majestically on both web and mobile

• The commenting feature on line items and receipts makes following up with submitters really simple

What do you dislike?

• It would be good if Zoho linked with an accounts payable service to clear invoices as well

• Managing and enforcing an expense process for 28 students in a foreign country

• If students can use it without problem, then it's testament to the fact that the user interface is great

Zoho Expense review by Olusegun D.
Olusegun D.

"This Product has been great"

What do you like best?

The Ability for staffs to access the application for anywhere at anytime for any devices is so marvelous and the ease of use for expense reconciliation is so amazing.

What do you dislike?

Ability of seeing the number of approval in the report PDF that approved a particular expense when it comes to multi level approval.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that Zoho expense is the good solution for users in the SME sector that want a cloud based solution that be access anywhere, at anytime, from any devices in carrying out expense reconciliation.

We use Zoho expense in carrying out our Expense and Reconciliations.

This has helped us in having all our expenses in a digital form and accessible anytime the organization needs such.

Zoho Expense review by Sarah J.
Sarah J.

"Love this service"

What do you like best?

Zoho expense i a great service because it is both inexpensive and easy to use. The way receipts can be captured is a feature that I haven't seen before, and it works really well.

What do you dislike?

I haven't quite figured out how to integrate it best into quickbooks online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is easier to use than concur, but I haven't yet figured out how to integrate it into our accounting system.

We needed an easy way for our employees to submit their expenses for approval.

Zoho Expense review by K Siba Sankar S.
K Siba Sankar S.

"Good Application for Expense reimbursement control"

What do you like best?

Quick Customer support and software integrity is best for in the market and easy to handle as a administrator.

What do you dislike?

well not much but there is two occasion system setup been completed removed and we are not able operate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont look just go for this best service in the industry

Employees/staffs are easily and smoothly can submit their reimbursement on the go.

Zoho Expense review by Casey A.
Casey A.

"Ultimate expense tracking for the lazy executive"

What do you like best?

100% of my expenses are either paper receipts or via email. So I need an expense platform in which I can dump both without much work. The more automated the better. Zoho does this.

All I need is my inbox and my mobile phone's camera.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, and I've tried them all. I'm a recovering ex-Xero, ex-Expensify user.

I run several businesses. I need to keep them straight. I also have an OCD need to automate a lot of this stuff. By setting up filters in gmail 100% of my recurring receipts go straight to Zoho Expense with all details parsed out automatically. 100% of my restaurant receipts go straight to the mobile app and gets processed by their OCR magic.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Fairly easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to capture receipts with the application

What do you dislike?

There are multiple ways of doing things and hard to track your receipts/expenses when they appear in two places at once. It would be nice if there was a streamlined process that walks you through entering an expense, adding it to a report and linking with your Credit Card feed. Right now, users go to the Credit Card Feed, see if there's a match in the receipts, match them, but then have to go back to add the receipt/expense (you could go either place, which is confusing to some) to an actual report. Perhaps if you were required to make a new report FIRST, then add the receipt/expense to it, then add the details? It is easy to miss expenses sitting in your account and forget to add to a report. Besides just the logistics of the system, it is easy enough to use for our business purposes.

We are able to have remote employees add things on the go. It saves me time from opening and looking at excel spreadsheets, etc. It also adds each receipt in order on the report vs. me getting a pile of receipts I have to page through to find the correct and correlating receipt.

Zoho Expense review by Mike P.
Mike P.

"Zoho Expense takes the pain away"

What do you like best?

I have been using Zoho Expense for several months and I am very impressed by its features and ease of use. No more painful expense reports. No more lost receipts when I am on the road. Now I just scan receipts and go to breakfast.

What do you dislike?

A little more flexibility with currencies and organizations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it

As well as ease of use, Zoho makes expense reporting timely and informative. Now expenses add to our knowledge of where money is spent. No more blackholes!

Zoho Expense review by Yury S.
Yury S.

"Using Zoho Expense for more than 1 year"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand, Zoho is constantly improving, the design is very good. Useful manuals

What do you dislike?

Not possible to edit reimbursed reports. Sometimes it is necessary for the accountant to edit VAT for example, but for this purpose, the report needs to be rejected and only after that it is possible to edit.

Expense reimbursements

Zoho Expense review by Wim H.
Wim H.

"Great tool to organise expenses"

What do you like best?

Zoho expense is a lightweight tool to administer expenses on the fly. With Zoho expense I never forget to re-imburst my expenses. It offers the possibility to add the sales ticket, so all information is in one place.

What do you dislike?

soemtime, with compound tax, you cannot specify an absolute value. Only possible to select from tax rates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get yoursef organised!

easy, clear overview on expensive per category

submit directly into the administration

easy approval process

overview on which expenses have been reimburst

Zoho Expense review by Matt A.
Matt A.

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

easy of use, and cost. We are a small company (8-12 users) but still needed a good easy to use solution. Started out using Expensify and was only so so, when they raised their price we jumped. this is a good product at a fair price

What do you dislike?

two step sign in - i like the security, but is a pain.

None

Zoho Expense review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Valuable expense management system"

What do you like best?

What I like best about this system is the ease with which I can keep track of all expenses across different users and expense categories.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the platform is a bit sluggish which means that if you were behind on keeping up with your expenses it may take longer to get up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First assess what your requirements are and then see if this is something you would like to continue getting involved with.

I am solving the issue that it would take an inordinate amount of time to enter my team's expenses and now things are more automated. Thanks to Zoho expense!

Zoho Expense review by Lewis B.
Lewis B.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use and integration with credit card providers is reliable (unlike many other systems I have tried).

What do you dislike?

Scanning of receipts is a bit inconsistent. It isn't straightforward to match foreign currency receipts exactly with card transactions.

Simple receipt scanning, card data import and expense reporting.

Zoho Expense review by Chun C.
Chun C.

"Great for major carriers, not so much for small peanuts"

What do you like best?

Once you're able to get Zoho to sync with the card carrier, every works great. But if you have a card with a small peanut carrier, the sync may not work at all. It ended forcing us to switch our corporate cards to Amex.

What do you dislike?

Functionalities can be buggy. Zoho staff were responsive, but creates extra hassle nonetheless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your corporate cards are with the major carriers

Staff were complaining about having to create expense reports.

Zoho Expense review by Judy G.
Judy G.

"Automating Credit Card expenses"

What do you like best?

Zoho has allowed us to automate the credit card expense process. Card holders do not have to wait until the end of the month to allocate their expenses they do it as they happen. Makes life easier for travellers tracking their expenses as they go and scanning receipts means less worry over lost paperwork.

What do you dislike?

It does not integrate with our Accounting Software (Ungerboeck) . It does not allow for adjusting ITC on Meal Entertainment for clients and staff - as per the Australian FBT rules.

More accurate costing in a timely manner. The approval system can be customised to suit the business and being online speeds up the process.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

The speed of the software is great when i am on the phone with customers. I have used several companies in the past and this one here is by far the greatest. I would recommend this to anyone willing to try this software out and its a great price

What do you dislike?

the occasional malfunctions due to needing to update the software, We have been unable to login to the software due to malfunction issues. i have learned to update and upgrade the product so that it can work right, Having a great software ultimately helps the business run

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it because its worth it

the updating of the software. the benefit is the speed of the software and the friendly usage of the clients being able to work with eachother. the business problems were the communication which wasnt there and no smiles given to customers

Zoho Expense review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Best expense reporting system that I have used"

What do you like best?

Full-featured, great web interface and mobile apps, solid and reliable, good customer service. Best of all, I like the fact that the product is continuously being enhanced in response to user requests.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The features that are missing in my opinion Zoho is already working on them.

With Zoho we now have a reliable expense reporting system where we can fully track our expenses by category and by department, and we were able to customize an approval workflow that works well for us.

Zoho Expense review by Jean-Marie F.
Jean-Marie F.

"The easiest part of business travel."

What do you like best?

The best is when you return from a business trip, especially a long trip with thousands of dollars of expenses, is that you can relax knowing your expenses are taken care of, categorized and included in a report you can just gloze over and submit. No more hours or even days trying to remember when you spent how much and for what. I love it.

What do you dislike?

I did not see anything I dislike. The learning curve is not too steep.

Accuracy and definitely time as far as benefits are concerned.

Zoho Expense review by Joe K.
Joe K.

"Great program, Great Price"

What do you like best?

First and foremost, I like the price. Secondly, I like the simplicity of adding and submitting expenses and receipts via mobile or computer. Thirdly, syncing with the credit card works very well and saves a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

I wish it provided a bit more in the area of customization when it comes to employee mileage rates. We would like to pay the regular rate for some, a lesser rate for others. At this point, one size fits all.

Provide a way for us to add multiple credits to our monthly statement is something we have been waiting for and hoping to get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to try Zoho Expense as one of the first ones you try.

Uploading receipts and keeping all of our employee expenses in one place is great!

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Great value for simple use"

What do you like best?

I like that it is pretty user friendly, customizable and the interface is nice. Customer service seems responsive so far.

What do you dislike?

Its strange how you can customize almost all fields for both expenses and reports, but not the advance payments tab. It asks for a few unnecessary fields and does not let you add or subtract anything.

The policy and custom approval settings are also not the most intuitive and took me a while to figure out.

Streamlining expense reporting, and minimizing human error by only allowing certain options to users

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Zoho Expense Just Works!"

What do you like best?

It has all the bells and whistles we need at a very affordable price

What do you dislike?

You can only upload 10 at a time (receipts) and when you email receipts, there's confusion on whether the receipt is the email or the attachment. I also would like to see the PDF downloaded report format to improve, maybe tie up the expense by ref# to the picture of the receipt so it's easier to cross reference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and you will be pleasantly surprised. I have gone around looking at other products in the market, and Zoho expense delivers at the best price

An example was yesterday, our CEO requested for the actual spending for the past 2 mos of one of the employees in a certain country. He gave me 24hours to provide the info, and I was able to give it in less than 30mins. This is because Zoho has made it so easy to compile the reports, and I can filter by different locations (currency) and easily identify specific expense categories. It's simply more convenient for all concerned and so very easy.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Love ZOHO Expense"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense is great for cash accounting and keeping track of monthly company expenses and travel expenses

What do you dislike?

The mobile app can be slow sometimes and it would be a great improvement if it could have an offline mode, which is able to upload once an internet connection becomes available; that would for example make it possible to input receipts during a long flight, which is the perfect time for such things (imo)

right now the mobile app only works an active internet connection

Keeping track of my monthly expenses is greatly improved since I started using zoho expense. The user interface is simple and effective

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Investment Management
Administrator in Investment Management

"HUGE Time Saver!!!"

What do you like best?

LOVE the fact that you can handle multiple cards / accounts with multiple reconcilers. And with everyone being on the same system, CONSISTENCY! No more compiling / editing multiple spreadsheets when it can all be downloaded as one file!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really do not like is the order and format that the receipts are printed in within the pdf version of the expense report. That and the fact that you cannot sort custom drop down lists alphabetically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a few different ways to upload receipts / create expenses. It is confusing in the beginning figuring out which suits you best, but once you figure it out the system is SUPER easy to use.I find it easiest to upload or email receipts to the receipts inbox, confirm all the categories and etc, and then use the "merge" function to merge those receipts with credit card transactions. The key though is that is a date or amount does not match the CC info, the merge is not an option so if you come across this, just go back to your transaction and edit the date or amount to match. This happens often in my organization with restaurant receipts for instance, when the user submits a receipt without noting the tip on it.

We used to spend ALOT of time manually downloading credit card data and sending it out to users to and their admin to reconcile their expenses, now it can all be completed with a few simple clicks and no one has to spend any time on downloading any data to send out as we can all access our transactions using the data feeds!

Zoho Expense review by Simon C.
Simon C.

"Great For Business "

What do you like best?

My employees can put all there expenses on the system, and I can see it immediately - its good that you can message employees private through the expense if you have any questions

What do you dislike?

Nothing really the system works well - I have no issues with the system

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost saving of time is better then using standard email for receipts

My employees were sending the receipts via email and that took time to get everyone paid correctly

Zoho Expense review by Jeff G.
Jeff G.

"Love it. Would love an addition "

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Love the mobile piece.

I would request that you add a Travel Request function. Your competitors have this and it would be great if you could add that. If a user could create a travel request and have it go through a different approval process, we could utilize this even deeper.

What do you dislike?

Would like a travel request feature. I think it would be nice to have a deeper approval structure.

Love the simplicity of tying this in with multiple departments at my organization.

Zoho Expense review by Kary R.
Kary R.

"Facilitating my statement"

What do you like best?

Excellent to preserve the expenses generated in the company. Also to have a control of authorized expenses.

What do you dislike?

We are still new. What seems complicated, as we use it, we realize that it is very simple to learn.

control of expenses, improvements in finances, comparison of expenses in shops.

Zoho Expense review by User

"I think Zoho Expense is great and very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Works very well integrating with Zoho Books. Very user friendly. I was able to get someone in help to walk me through a complicated process which was incredibly helpful. The receipt management is also very good and the app is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Would love to have a help chat function like Zoho Books, but they were quick and helpful to respond to my inquiry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extra useful if you're using all Zoho products. Use the trial to see if you like it

I have integrating with Zoho Books which has been great. It took a little time to figure out how to match transactions to make sure they weren't being double counted, but once I got that, It was pretty seamless.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator

"Streamlined expense management system"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and ability to use smartphone for recording ongoing expenses

Ease of authorisation

What do you dislike?

No significant issues found so far with zoo expense

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dont hesitate the system works well and is easy to use and administrate. None of my users have had any significant difficulties adapting to the system

This product has allowed us to have good oversight of our organisational expense management and to move to a more paperless approach

Zoho Expense review by Kevin T.
Kevin T.

"Zoho makes expense reporting easy"

What do you like best?

Reports are available to be approved in mobile phone

What do you dislike?

Advance payment approval is not available in mobile phone

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy expense reporting for small and medium enterprises

Making expense reporting faster and easier to crosscheck

"Easy and accurate"

What do you like best?

Capture receipt with mobile phone, bulk update, approval process

What do you dislike?

It may be useful to have a feature that reduces and adjusts the weight of automatically scanned receipt images. Sometimes users take pictures with their high-definition mobile phone, which is useless for the quality required. This would avoid storing very heavy expense reports that are difficult to exchange with other parties.

managing expenses in multicurrency for all my staff

Zoho Expense review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"Lovin' it!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is, for me and my employees. The layout is easy and not overly complicated but has all the features you need.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have not found one thing that bothers me about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it! Make the switch.

We need one place for everyone to file this information and for it to be stored somewhere. Not only that, but my accounting can access it as well.

Zoho Expense review by Smit P.
Smit P.

"Control it all"

What do you like best?

The application is very cheap compared to its competition. The user-interface is very simple and easily adoptable

What do you dislike?

Love all the third-party and module integrations, but need more. The automation process needs to be simplified for ease of use.

Able to track and manage inventory systems

Zoho Expense review by Executive Sponsor in Machinery
Executive Sponsor in Machinery

"Makes expense management and reporting easy"

What do you like best?

The interface is very simple and my team can use it on the road to build reports as they go. The reporting features have reduced the time that our finance team spends on expense reporting and management.

What do you dislike?

There is not really anything that I dislike. It did take a litttle while for a few of our teammembers to come on board, but once they understood how to use the product, we have not had any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the videos when implementing. If you can get your teammembers to watch the videos, implementation will go much more smoothly.

Simplify and reduce time spent on expense reporting and tracking.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Veterinary
Administrator in Veterinary

"Greatly simplified the receipt and expense report process"

What do you like best?

Zoho is very simple and intuitive, and we were surprised at how quickly our users adopted to it. It's saving everyone time, including our accounting team, and makes it much easier to properly document expenses.

What do you dislike?

The mileage tracking side of things is not where it needs to be - ideally you would click "Start" when you start the day, and then "Finish" at the end and it would calculate mileage automatically. The app doesn't work that way, and usually closes and forgets that it has been started. Hoping to see this resolved, but this is really the only small issue we've had.

Everyone was spending a lot of time on receipts and expense reports. Zoho has cut that down for us by about 80%. Huge savings in time and resources.

Zoho Expense review by John M.
John M.

"Zoho Expense"

What do you like best?

I have been very happy with Zoho Expense. The mobile functionality is great. They have added functionality to email receipts which has been helpful. The OCR has proven reasonably accurate as well. Overall this has been a cost effective way to roll out expense reporting within our organization.

What do you dislike?

It appears that they have a Quickbooks integration. A Xero integration would be nice.

An efficient alternative to paper based expense reports.

Zoho Expense review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Best combination of simplicity and flexibility in an expense tracker"

What do you like best?

It maintains ease of use while allowing me to customize for our business needs

What do you dislike?

Better integration with project management platforms would be nice

Simple expense tracking

Zoho Expense review by Pryank A.
Pryank A.

"Excellent Product, reasonable price"

What do you like best?

Good product quality with reasonable price

What do you dislike?

Sometimes new users confuse report and expenses.

We use Zoho expenses for claiming staff expenses and incentives

Zoho Expense review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Zoho Expense Review"

What do you like best?

What I like Zoho Expense is the ease of use and setup. Integration to both Zoho CRM and Books is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

When I approve my subordinates expenses, I cannot see what happens next in the approval workflow

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a trial version to ensure it covers all needs

We are a small company still so it is mostly used to capture and document expenses

Benefits realized, is with the integration to zoho books, the expenses hit the right accounts in the COA without having the need to manually classify the accounts

Zoho Expense review by Majdi D.
Majdi D.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, mobile app

We love the fact that receipts can be uploaded and scanned automatically but feel like the reporting part still has a long way to go

What do you dislike?

- Not able to set each of our office locations with it's own base currency

- Reports are quite basic, need more advanced reporting capabilities

Automate expense tracking and management

Zoho Expense review by Sam N.
Sam N.

"zoho is solid "

What do you like best?

makes it a lot easier to submit expenses

What do you dislike?

nothing is really that bad ... very solid product

Recommendations to others considering the product

its great to report expenses on the go

helps us track expenses across multiple clients easier

makes it easy to report expenses as they happen

Zoho Expense review by Jorge S.
Jorge S.

"A simple way to organize your expenses"

What do you like best?

What I really like is the ability to share this software with the entire organization. Once the expense is made, the receipts are automatically loaded and thus we have a better control and clarity of the expenses.

What do you dislike?

There should be a configuration to use the offline application and to update it daily in a selected period.

organize expenses, improvements in finances, details of expenses

Zoho Expense review by Karthik M.
Karthik M.

"Decent but has some serious flaws"

What do you like best?

Seamlessly works with Zoho Books.

Upload receipts on the go - receipts are auto scanned and populated.

What do you dislike?

Frequently screws up when advances are involved. If an advance is attached, it becomes very difficult to reverse the transaction/ reimbursement.

If you have a lot of field personnel/ sales personnel, this is a good tool for them to manage expenses.

Zoho Expense review by Travis S.
Travis S.

"Outstanding Time Saver"

What do you like best?

The ability to quickly take and upload images of receipts while I'm traveling for business. This saves me a tremendous amount of time when I return to the office.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the workflows isn't as intuitive as it could be.

Saving time and creating efficiencies with our expense reporting.

Zoho Expense review by Bharath S.
Bharath S.

"Very useful tool"

What do you like best?

Connected experience with other Zoho applications and moderate charge for the expense subscription.

What do you dislike?

Expense is not elaborate. Having expenses and invoicing in different modules.

Considering the usage by different users, expenses is a good way to automate reimbursements.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for our small non profit"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense was a robust and affordable alternative to the big guys when it comes to expense reporting. Support from their team is always good, and they are quick to respond. There have been some quirks, but overall they have worked with us to fix them in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

Took a while for corporate cards to work on their system. now they work great. Sometimes the app interface from email to app launch on the iphone is spotty.

Easy mileage and reimbursement management.

"Best expense tracker!"

What do you like best?

This is the absolute best receipt/expense tracker available. I have tried a bunch of them and this one is by far the best one.

What do you dislike?

It is a little bit expensive but they allow free use up to 100 receipts per month.

I need to track my business meals for tax purposes and this app saves me a ton of time.

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Simple and cheap expense solution"

What do you like best?

We chose this solution because it gives us all the bells and whistles of the big expense programs in a cheap package.

What do you dislike?

The speed when taking pictures of receipts can be slow at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest your time setting up workflows to make your life easier.

Trackability of expenses on specific projects and tradeshows to determine our return on investment.

Zoho Expense review by Michael X.
Michael X.

"I want to use this"

What do you like best?

it's very easy to work and manage, and you can drag the receipts into them, it's very fantastic

What do you dislike?

but still need to change somethings to be better, for example, can not let admin change the field name, can not export the report as user need, and so on, please let user define the report and expense, i think it will be great.

we need to find the new customers and get the services fee from them, that's all

Zoho Expense review by Markus A.
Markus A.

"We love using Zoho Expenses."

What do you like best?

I love that it's easy to use and scanning the expenses helps in filing faster.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. We haven't seen anything like this before.

Speed and accuracy of entering expenses.

Zoho Expense review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"User for 5 Months"

What do you like best?

Cost

Ease of Use

Portability

integration with other zoho products

What do you dislike?

nothing that i dont like....it is exceptional

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be open minded

normally people cringe at the prospect of filling out expense reports. chasing people...lost receipts. cant remember where/when/who you met with.

Zoho Expense review by Kendall S.
Kendall S.

"Great expense reporting app!"

What do you like best?

I like that users need to submit just one report every period for me to review all at once, instead of several tiny expenses.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the approval page isn't as easily accessible as I would like.

It streamlines our expense reporting and makes my job easier.

Zoho Expense review by William H.
William H.

"Does its job"

What do you like best?

The approval process is great and really streamlines our efforts.

What do you dislike?

I would like the rules engine to be able to be made a little tighter. I would also like a way to do billable expenses that have upcharge.

It has really streamlined our milage reimbursement

"Expense Reportinh"

What do you like best?

Pretty easy to use. Keeps everything in one location. App on the phone is convenient.

What do you dislike?

There are some small programming issues that could be fixed to make everything run smoother but it is not far from great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it!

Tracking Expense Reporting - Has reduced hours spent on this by accounting.

Zoho Expense review by Bryan N.
Bryan N.

"Intuitive & Convenient"

What do you like best?

I love how quick, intuitive and convenient it is to track expenses and generate useful reports with Zoho.

What do you dislike?

I don't currently have anything to report about dislikes.

Zoho has been a life-saver for tracking and managing expenses. 2016 was a bit of a mess for me in terms of tracking expenses, paper receipts, etc. I started using Zoho at the start of 2017 and my CPA is all smiles.

Zoho Expense review by Cara T.
Cara T.

"User friendly extraordinaire "

What do you like best?

So simple, easy to use on the go via your phone app. It’s so great for keeping receipts organized, there is no worry about misplacing them.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to further break down expense reports with sub-reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

Streamlined and straightforward

Keeps expenses and receipts organized and at my fingertips

Zoho Expense review by William V.
William V.

"Managing expenses"

What do you like best?

It has many facilities to organize expenses. From the application only with a photo, it can already be processed. It is very easy to use with the whole team.

What do you dislike?

the automatic process of loading the invoices is not always necessary but it is quite good.

Improve finances, detailed expense reports

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Utilities
Administrator in Utilities

"Has Immensely Helped our Expense Reporting"

What do you like best?

The ability to see transactions for all my cardholders and properly record those expenses in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

More ability as an admin to access our cardholder/users interface.

We needed a full functioning all in one system that our employees could utilize to reconcile their corporate credit cards.

Zoho Expense review by Ramnath B.
Ramnath B.

"Zoho Expense"

What do you like best?

The simplicity - easy of use - documentation

What do you dislike?

The (android) mobile app (right now) is a bit sluggish

Integration with our particular bank (in India) is unreliable (fails often)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is simple and intuitive, easy to onboard

Employee expenses tracking, management

Zoho Expense review by Karthik M.
Karthik M.

"Really good expensing software"

What do you like best?

Except for some minor bugs, Zoho Expense is a really smooth and efficient way to manage expenses.

What do you dislike?

Some minor bugs related to advance reporting.

Expense reporting, expense tracking, employee advances for expenses

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Happy with Zoho Books"

What do you like best?

Quick responses and solutions for any inquiry needed

What do you dislike?

needs more improvement on project base expenditures

Recommendations to others considering the product

in general I am happy with zoho applications, we are using zoho books as well. integrations with the apps within zoho group is fast and they provide fast and reliable solutions for our inquiries.

we are using as an internal accounting program

Zoho Expense review by David L.
David L.

"Zoho Expense"

What do you like best?

Direct feed with my credit card and receipt pictures / entry on the mobile app

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of at this time, it does everything i need and does it well.

Streamline accounting processes

Zoho Expense review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"Zoho expense is excellent."

What do you like best?

Great overall product, especially if you use other products in the Zoho suite. The integration into the CRM system is excellent and painless.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Has the functionality of other products, with excellent integration.

Keeping all our users up to date on expenses, particularly with approvals.

Zoho Expense review by ✔ Rohit S.
✔ Rohit S.

"Zoho Expenses and Books is my person accountant"

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense helps track all the expenses made by employees. Process is very simple to use. It saves lot of time. Application cost comes to zero eventually because it saves my time and control the expenses.

What do you dislike?

There should be option for spending the money on other categories i.e. current assets

Expenses Claims by employees. I do not need to do the lengthy paper work which later on requires a accountant.

"Zoho Expense review"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, web interface (no installation needed), very good mobile app, useful solution to keep the company's expenses under control

What do you dislike?

Reports must be created from the user because no one is available to default

I reduce the time for managing all expenses; all company's expenses are under control

Zoho Expense review by Executive Sponsor in E-Learning
Executive Sponsor in E-Learning

"Easy to use product"

What do you like best?

Scanning receipts with your phone and automating the authorisation process

What do you dislike?

Nothing springs to mind apart from the fact you cant have multiple rates for mileage reclaim

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product at an amazing price.

managing receipts in a time efficient manner. We have saved a lot of time.

"Everything you need"

What do you like best?

email forwarding, it automagically calculates totals

What do you dislike?

there is literally nothing that i dislike

we are solving our accounting and reconciliation issue, the benefits are that we now have invoices to support our company statements

Learning about Zoho Expense?

* We monitor all Zoho Expense reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.