Zoho Expense

Expense reporting doesn't have to be painful. Zoho Expense is a perk for employees, managers, and finance teams!

Work for Zoho Expense?
Clicktime expensemang  2x

Learning about Zoho Expense?

Zoho Expense Reviews

Ask Zoho Expense a Question
Showing 90 Zoho Expense reviews
Zoho Expense review by <span>Dan M.</span>
Dan M.

Convenient and helpful

What do you like best?

This helps getting our staff to regularly report and track expenses and receipts. I love the free ACH reimbursement capability. The workflows are easy to create as well. The cost is unbeatable for under 10 users

What do you dislike?

Some things are not intuitive about the set up, but overall it is helpful. The credit card feeds need to update more often. I usually have to do so manually, and if you don't know where to look, doing it this way can be pretty hard. Staff have a hard time differentiating expenses and receipts, and finding both within the mobile and online apps

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cost effective solution for under 10 users.

Credit card reconciliation and reimbursements for expenses and mileage. Saves a lot of time and need for approvals via email.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zoho Expense
Zoho Expense review by <span>Saurabh J.</span>
Saurabh J.

We recovered our expense on Zoho Expense within the first month

What do you like best?

Zoho Expense really simplifies the process of submitting, reviewing and reimbursing employee made expenses. As a small organisation, we thought we did not need formal expense reporting software, and that Google Sheets was just fine. However, the amount of time and hassle saved by using proper software over spreadsheets is simply amazing.

What do you dislike?

I have used Expensify and similar expense reporting software in corporate jobs. Compared to those, there isn't much to dislike in Zoho Expense. One big pain is that we must issue cheques for the exact balance value of a reimbursement, in order to settle it. We would like to make an adhoc payment through Zoho Books and then split that across settling one Expense, and using the balance as advance for the next one.

We have solved many problems with Expense. The first is getting real time data on per-day expenses when our field staff is traveling. Second, we now have an approvals process in place. Third, expenses are settled very quickly. Fourth, we do not need to wait for paper receipts to be filed in order to settle reimbursements (Zoho Expense lets you electronically capture receipts right from your smartphone).

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Zoho Expense review by Consultant in Oil & Energy
Consultant in Oil & Energy

Nice tool for recording and reporting expenses

What do you like best?

I like the combination of mobile app + cloud aspect of Zoho, where you can take quick photos of your expenses and and document them in PDF reports. Its reports are very useful to include in the official expense report of the company.

What do you dislike?

The receipt reports is a little buggy, with some receipts extrapolating it's allocated region covering other receipts. To fix this its usually necessary to change the report layout from 6 to 9 receipts per page or editing the photo and uploading it again. I would also like Office Lens or Cam Scanner capabilities of cropping the photos of the receipts automatically.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect the expense report experience to be flawless. When taking pictures of receipts, do so with the free Office Lens from Microsoft and save it to the photo gallery. Include pictures from the gallery for the expense report, your receipts will look nicer on the report.

Expense reporting is one of the most time consuming activities with little added value for the company. I actually pay the monthly bill out of pocket to save time and grief doing expense reports.

Zoho Expense review by <span>Angelica F.</span>
Angelica F.

Expense Organization that keeps you organized

What do you like best?

I like the way tat I can use it on Apple and Android products. This allows me to keep my expenses accurate and precise. I like the way that the software is easy to access on any device at home, work or school. That makes it convenient and useful for everyday use while I work on the go.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the software has to be used with my work account for the business. I would like to use this for my personal use because I want my finances at home to be accurate and my accounts balanced. I need the organization at home because finances run my household and I need them clear and precise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to its full advantage by downloading the software and using it on all platforms as much as necessary.

We have solved many of the finance problems our company has. This way most of our accounts are organized and settled properly.

Zoho Expense review by User

Streamlined our processes

What do you like best?

Zoho is extremely user friendly, you can accomplish tasks several different ways. It is a quick and easy way to log expenses automatically into quick books. We have multiple users across many states and it has been a great addition to our reporting. It is helping us become more accurate and have quicker & better information.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little challenging getting individual users set up. However once done, it is great. Noticed on the mobile app that when you are uploading a lot of receipts at one time it will crash. Take your time and dont overload the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have several different users try it out. We found that different users had different difficulty understanding certain areas. it helps in training new users how to avoid pitfalls.

Much better accuracy in our expenses and much quicker turn around on reports.

Zoho Expense review by <span>Victoria B.</span>
Victoria B.

A convenient way to record employee expenses, neatly tied in with Zoho Books

What do you like best?

The best thing about Zoho Expenses is that it links seamlessly with Zoho Books, making banking reconciliations very easy. I also love the fact that expenses can be added in multiple currencies.

What do you dislike?

It isn't the most user friendly expenses reporting platform, and employees often have to ask me how to do things. The need to create a report and to add expenses to the report seems like a slightly laborious process.

It's a much better method than the Excel-based expenses that we used to use, which was very time consuming for expenses in foreign currencies. It streamlines the expenses reporting process, encourages employees to file their expenses more promptly because it is convenient, and makes reconciliation of expenses easier.

Learning about Zoho Expense?

* We monitor all Zoho Expense reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.