Zoho Vault

Zoho Vault is an online password management software that lets businesses securely store, share and manage passwords and other sensitive data and access them from anywhere.

Work for Zoho Vault?

Learning about Zoho Vault?

Zoho Vault Reviews

Ask Zoho Vault a Question
Showing 32 Zoho Vault reviews
Zoho Vault review by Patrick O.
Patrick O.

"Security and Ease for Password Management"

What do you like best?

There are several features of Zoho Vault that make it very easy and efficient for us to do business. We currently manage multiple account credentials for several hundred clients, so the ability to do this securely was one of the major factors we were looking for. It reduces our liability since none of our analysts ever actually see the credentials for the customers they are helping. Since we are accessing several hundred accounts/sites each day among multiple analysts, the auto login feature makes our ability to scale effortless. It is also reassuring to be able to set user roles & hierarchies easily within the platform to make sure that analyst only have access to what they need and turnover is never an issue.

What do you dislike?

Since we have multiple accounts for each client that we are managing we use both Secrets and Chambers, so the onboarding process takes a little longer than we would like, but we are still looking at a matter of minutes.

We needed a way to manage sensitive account credentials for clients across multiple accounts securely. The auto login feature adds time to every day for us, as we are constantly logging in and out of accounts across platforms and this can all be done with a touch of a button.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zoho Vault
Zoho Vault review by Kristeena S.
Kristeena S.

"Helpful Tool for Password Keeping"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Zoho Vault is the use of the plugin on Chrome. I can easily click on the link for the site that I want to log-in to and it redirects my page to the site and enters in the credentials automatically.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I cannot create Chambers from the plugin. While the plugin allows you to create new secrets that you can then put under one of your already created Chambers, you cannot create a new Chamber. To create a new Chamber you have to login to the site version and do it form there.

Part of my position involves a lot of client's credentials. Zoho allows me to have all credentials safely protected in one place. It also gives you the ability to share access with other users while still hiding and protecting the password information.

What Password Manager solution do you use?

Zoho Vault review by Seth B.
Seth B.

"Zoho Vault Review"

What do you like best?

Love how you can create "secrets" and with the enterprise version you can share with others and only give certain access like read only or even just auto login. Loved it so much that i switched to Zoho at home and am using the personal version at home. the web interface and mobile app is great.And their Chrome extension is a nice touch

What do you dislike?

Don't like how you have to login then have to type your passphrase to get access to your vault

We were using KeyPass, but found it a little cumbersome as we had to share our entire database of passwords with people and not just certain passwords or just certain access to people. Plus with Zoho, we could access anywhere with internet access, and even on mobile devices with their app

Zoho Vault review by Zachery T.
Zachery T.

"Zoho is great for password storage - professional and personal"

What do you like best?

I love Zoho because it helps me keep track of my multitude of passwords. With 2 and even 3-factor identification, I know it is secure and that no one will ever gain access to my bank of passwords without my knowledge and express permission. I like that you can create groups of passwords to share with others in your organization but keep other passwords private at the same time. I would say that this product is good for both professional and personal use.

What do you dislike?

Though zoho is a great place to store passwords, it is just another password that you have to remember. If you dont remember your password, it is not always easy to gain access back into the system - or at least that is my personal experience. It takes forever to access a single password. I guess with security comes inconvenience sometimes.

password storage.

Zoho Vault review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"Good cloud based password safe"

What do you like best?

Best Features are the rich possibilites to configure each entry. You can create templates for different types of "secrets" and I like the One Click Login-Button.

What do you dislike?

The mobile web version is not easy to use and could be mutch better. There is also no native Windows Mobile or Windows 10 Universal App. The way you have to Login and unlock the plugin in Chrome could be easier and I would use Zoho Vault even more if I could stay logged in and "unlocked" all day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Chrome and Android the product is very good in my oppinion. It is a pit that there isn't a good mobile expirience when using a Windows phone.

We store and share all Logins we need to do our job. We have several hundred logins and without a tool like Zoho Vault the management of this logins would be very difficult. The main benefit for us is the possibility to be able to share the logins with my co workers. This is mutch more secure than store the Passwords in some text files or even on paper.

We also benefit from the possibility to access the passwords on the way.

Zoho Vault review by Helena Lyssa O.
Helena Lyssa O.

"Zoho Vault is effective and organised!"

What do you like best?

I like that you can store your saved passwords in sort of folders. I create one for my personal accounts, my work accounts that only I should have access to, and work accounts that I share with certain people/team.

What do you dislike?

That I have to key in my PassPhrase too often than I like. But I understand that it is for security purposes.

It is easier for me to handle all my accounts. With just one click, you can log in to frequently used tools and add log-in credentials for new tools.

Zoho Vault review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Zoho Vault - Good, but a little confusing"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Zoho Vault is part of the overall Zoho environment, so that my other Zoho users can be easily added to Zoho Vault. I also like that certain aspects of the interface are very clean and simple.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the organizational and usage paradigm is overly complicated. It took me quite a bit of reading, testing and logging in as other lower access users to understand fully how the basic information is organized and shared. Once I finally understood the paradigm, I was a little disappointed because it's not as elegant of a way to organize login (or secret info in general) as one would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Zoho and want as much of your ERP solution to come from Zoho as possible, then Zoho Vault is the right choice (if you don't have a better solution). I don't see a huge advantage to using Zoho Vault as compared to other forms of online password storage solutions. Zoho Vault doesn't really integrate into other Zoho apps for the most part. It is easy to add your users (because they are Zoho users), but that's about it as far as integration with other Zoho apps... Zoho could add a Zoho Vault info field on a CRM contact card or in their other apps, so you could see the info from Zoho Vault, natively within the other Zoho apps. This would make it more useful and more highly integrated. So in summary, if you use and like Zoho, then definitely try it out, the trials free as with all Zoho apps... you have nothing to lose other than time ;-)

We have a ton of online accounts or login credentials and various different people need access to the login info at different times. We are keeping all this info stored in Zoho Vault and controlling access much more efficiently than when we were tracking all these accounts (and secrets) with just an Excel spreadsheet.

Zoho Vault review by David M.
David M.

"ZoHo Vault Is a fairly competent Cloud Password Management Profile Service"

What do you like best?

My experience with password managers and two-factor authentication has only been used by myself for around six months. That being said, the benefits and greater security and peace of mind that come with such a system have been invaluable to me, as a blogger, and tech user, and gives me the freedom to carry out my daily web-based tasks with precision and accuracy. ZoHo Vault provides a a nice scalable system, whether you are an individual, such as myself or a company, with multiple users and passwords to keep track of, daily. I love having a way to save all of my passwords into the cloud, so if my PC goes down, I still have a way to get into my accounts, online.

What do you dislike?

I wish that ZoHo Vault had a better password generator, with the ability to make passwords with certain criteria.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If this does not suit your needs, I would recommend Password Boss as an alternative.

I am writing a tech blog, that allows me to highlight how companies and the disabled can come together to use technology to improve and interface the lives of those affected by illness with the rest of the world.

Zoho Vault review by Mayuresh G.
Mayuresh G.

"Keep it As Secret"

What do you like best?

Very Easy to use like user friendly software. Keep all your secretes as secrets only. If you can do without the multi users feature, you can use it as free.... and only some min cost for Enterprises.

When you log in to a secure website using a browser, they offers us to save our credentials as a secret. We can give the saved secret a friendly label to them and even we can add notes or tags at this time for our understanding.

What do you dislike?

Up till now I did not get any defect in this one. I am happy with these service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because of Zoho Vault I dont want to remember my password every time.

Gives extensions for fast use.

I can notes or tags to them.

Zoho Vault review by Jack-Benny P.
Jack-Benny P.

"A place for all your passwords"

What do you like best?

It's free for personal use, which I like very much. I have never needed anything beyond the free version hence it's perfect for me. The free version is limited to a one person account only. If you pay for the service you'll get access to the team-based version which I'm sure can be very helpful for companies and organizations.

What do you dislike?

This isn't specific to Zoho Vault, but for all online password managers. I do feel a bit ill at ease knowing that my passwords are stored someone else server, far far away in a foreign country, online on the web. Sure, the passwords are encrypted. When you login to Zoho Vault you'll also have to unlock the encryption as well, and there's also the possibility for two-factor authentication. So my passwords should be secure. But still, I do feel ill at ease knowing they are "out there". Because of this, I tend to not save my most precious passwords on Zoho Vault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pick very strong passwords, but DON'T forget the encryption password! If you do forget the encryption password, there is no way to retrieve it and you'll have to start over, meaning total deletion of all your passwords.

Also, there is an option for backing up your data on a regular basis. This is an excellent service, so I suggest you'll set it up. This means Zoho will e-mail you an encrypted HTML-file regularly with all your passwords.

I have many many accounts on many many servers, websites, shops, vendors etc. It's easy to forget a password, and even more easy to forget you actually had an account on a specific website or server. No more forgetting with Zoho Vault.

Zoho Vault review by Ahmed S.
Ahmed S.

"Meet My Expectations !!"

What do you like best?

There is a two-factor authentication service which provides more security and reliability to your secured records. You've the option to access your records from any browser you want. You can share any record you have with users and you can also transfer login details. Zoho gives you the option to use a free version or subscribe to the paid version in order to get more features. There is an offline access feature which enables you to access your data offline without an internet connection. You can export your data to a CSV file and you can import your records too. You can setup a password access request where the users can raise a request to see a specific record then you give him/her an approval to access it.

The password generator is very good where you can generate a new random password anytime you need and it provides a strong password for your security. Zoho has a mobile application for Android and iOS.

What do you dislike?

The browser extensions are available only for Firefox and Chrome where this provides some limitations for many users who use any browser other than these browsers. You can't import your data using any file type where you only have the option to import using a standard CSV file or LastPass CSV file or Passpack CSV file plus more types. There is not a multi-user feature for the free version which is available only with a subscription plan. Your can store/save the credentials for a specific website or more but the problem is about the handling of these websites where Zoho works great with the standard login websites (One Page for Login). With multi-pages login, the system doesn't work well. It also can't store links longer then 250 characters where some links (Like Amazon for example) could be more then 250 characters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Zoho to anyone wants to manage the important records/data easily and in a secure sessions without worrying about forgetting any essential data.

Benefits are great and very useful where you can share and transfer login details with your employees or your family as well. The system is easy to use and you can add as many records as you need. Highly secured with many security options.

Zoho Vault review by Berkan M.
Berkan M.

"Totally underratted and wonderful product!"

What do you like best?

Love the ability to place secrets into logical groups, or chambers, and then share the entire chamber with other users and groups. This saves us a ton of time when distributing access to secrets, and it's granular security controls are a major godsend.

What do you dislike?

I wish the ability to move existing secrets into other chambers could be performed from within the "edit secret" page. I also wish that a secret could be associated with more than one chamber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended. Don't even waste time looking at other products.

We are able to securely and efficiently manage countless passwords to client systems and equipment. It makes supporting our clients effortless and reduces our time spent trying to log in. It also eliminates dealing with account lockouts, password resets due to repeatedly misspelled credentials.

Zoho Vault review by Ian S.
Ian S.

"Have saved me hours over the last 2 years."

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, has enough fields to store extra information and I can get on PC and mobile devices. I can login anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I tried 3 other programs before Zoho and never really liked them. Zoho just works and works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time and put everything on to the Zoho Vault, Change passwords at the same time and make them different. Use the vault as a habit, EVERY TIME you create a new password. Use the least like personal questions not mother's maiden name.

DO NOT FORGET THE PHRASE OR YOU CAN NEVER GET BACK IN!!!!

Clients (and my business) have many passwords and many like directory listings you only use a few times a year. Being able to use different passwords for everything is an important security step. It has save hours of chasing people to recover passwords etc. With more and more security questions, lager fields and extra fields are required and Zoho gives this. Using the Zoho Vault has meant we update more online listing more often, because not only do we have a record of the login details but it is a list of where we have listed businesses.

Zoho Vault review by Laurent J.
Laurent J.

"So efficient that we share 140 secrets in a 10 people team"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to add a share a new secret

Google Chrome and Firefox extension : no need to open the app to get access to your web apps

With the Audit (=log) you can check who is using the system (name / IP address) and which secrets are

Like with all Zoho apps,

What do you dislike?

The process of adding a user is painful because the administrator and the user need to act *almost* together.

Dashboard: it is not a dashboard!

It is not very easy to organize secrets. For instance, chambers (group of secrets/passwords) are not user friendly at all

The user interface is not very fancy

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may be tricky to understand at first hand. But then on a daily basis, it works like a cham.

Moreover Zoho Vault brings deep functionnalities for those who need very detailed configuration.

Easily share secrets within the organization and also with contractors. No need to write down passwords and share them by emails...

Manage user access when people are getting in and out the company

Zoho Vault review by Patricio S.
Patricio S.

"Excellent tool, one more of Zoho suite"

What do you like best?

The main feature of this product is the ease of use. It is really simple to use it.

What do you dislike?

I would change the interface, maybe it should appear to be a strong tool, not something dynamic like everything looks like nowadays.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider that there are several options regarding pricing according to the use you will give to the tool. It is important that you first read the different offerings of this product before you choose the one that best fits your needs. Nevertheless, you can always contact someone from Zoho Support Team for assistance.

I was moving my business to mobile tools and this tool allowed me to secure my passwords also for Android devices.

Zoho Vault review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Zoho Vault has provided us with a secure, easy to use, and scalable way to manage our airlines."

What do you like best?

The granularity of the settings. There are many ways to control who has access to what secrets without making the administration more complicated.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the browser web portal aesthetics. It could use an update to enhance the user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very solid password management solution. Easy to use even with two factor authentication enabled. Great price. If you use the browser extension it's very easy to use.

I have to share passwords with people who don't all work in the same office or authenticate to the same domain. We needed a secure cloud-based solution to securely share which scaled with our team. Now having access to passwords is an afterthought because it's so easy to create and share them as needed.

Zoho Vault review by Robert H.
Robert H.

"Best corporate password management software I've found."

What do you like best?

One of the only password programs that controlled privileges between different groups. Their support is very responsive and has even made changes or added features to the program we suggested would be nice to have.

What do you dislike?

Not much, a bit of a learning curve but worth it to control password permissions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it for organizations looking to keep all passwords in one program but with the ability to departmental permissions.

You are able to assign departments and control privileges between each department. Now we have all our corporate passwords in one place.

Zoho Vault review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy cloud based password storage"

What do you like best?

Cloud based and that you can share data among your co workers. Being able to allow some employees access to view and others manage is a big plus. Having an iphone app is also very handy when mobile.

What do you dislike?

Some of the way that a secret is assigned to a vault is awkward along with some times it is hard to know who shared this with me without having to look thru the audit logs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have 4 people all start using it and share with each other to get a good feel for using the product. If you just evaluate it yourself then you don't see a few of the sticking points of sharing, assigning / changing permissions.

Sharing multiple credentials for multiple systems among multiple teams.

Zoho Vault review by Laura C.
Laura C.

"Zoho Vault great password sharing for Teams!"

What do you like best?

I am a bookkeeping firm and we have keep our client's information safe and secure. I like that our firm can securely limit access to passwords without the insecurity of spreadsheets. It is easy to set up and use.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike a thing. There is not a think I would change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you will love it.

We resolved the need to share out passwords to our team securely but keep other passwords private. The Firefox and Chrome add-in are non-intrusive and helpful. It saves us ton of time on pass-word resets or having to scramble as what the password is for the banking and other sensitive access we need to get our job done.

Zoho Vault review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Zoho Vault is Great for Custom Template Password Storage"

What do you like best?

The ability to make custom secret types and templates. This way you customize to a device, website, etc that has multiple passwords, questions, etc. Other password managers such as lastpass lack this feature and seem to be designed around website passwords and make you use clear text notes fields to store additional information. For example, Cisco devices typically have a username/password plus an enable password. Using a custom secret template, you can have a text field for the username, password field for the password, and password field for the enable password. This way, the passwords are securely hidden if you need to copy it while other people are around.

What do you dislike?

You cannot make sub chambers, which makes organizing passwords sloppy. For example, let's say you need to store passwords for 10 clients and have 3 categories of passwords (servers, infrastructure, web sites). You can create a chamber for each company but end up with a huge list of passwords under each. The alternative is to create a naming scheme like "client1 - servers", "client1 - infrastructure", "client1 - websites" to better organize the passwords but you still end up with a huge list of chambers to go through. This would be a simple yet VERY useful improvment

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may not be as pretty as other competitor products such as lastpass, but it's way ahead in other more important features such as creating custom templates for secrets.

I'm able to securely access passwords on client sites from my laptop or mobile while working on their systems. This is way safer than doing something like storing passwords in clear text in a spreadsheet, etc.

Zoho Vault review by User in Higher Education

"Review for Zoho Vault"

What do you like best?

I like the shared passwords (secrets) feature that allows individuals to share commonly used passwords with other members of the team. In my organization we have many joint accounts so having a feature like this can be invaluable.

What do you dislike?

I don't know if there is anything about Vault that i dislike other than I often find the Zoho web interface to be confusing as some times it takes me to informational pages rather than the product home page.

Everyone can use a password vault but not all vaults are created equal. The ability to share passwords to common applications is not always in all products, especially at this price point, so that has definitely helped.

Zoho Vault review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great password manager"

What do you like best?

We work with dozens of clients that grant us login access to their systems. Trying to manage all of them continuously would be arduous at best. Zoho Vault gives us one click access, which speeds up our day and allows us to get more done.

What do you dislike?

randomly occurring bugs; hard to understand terminology (chambers, secrets, etc.)

Having to manage dozens of passwords

Zoho Vault review by Ian B.
Ian B.

"Great Password Manager"

What do you like best?

We use Zoho actively within the organization and this allows us to automatically rollout password changes to our employees and connects with an SSO provider to auto login employees so they do not need to memorize 100 passwords.

What do you dislike?

It can log you out randomly on certain websites.

We use Vault to manage employee logins.

Zoho Vault review by Patrik R.
Patrik R.

"A bit to complicated but still the best solution I know"

What do you like best?

The plugin for Chrome. It helps us a lot. The plugin could be better though.

What do you dislike?

nothing in particular. It would be nice to have more features for the chrome plugin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I dont know a better solution, especially for this costs.

To many passwords for too many people. I am the head of IT in a small startup (25 people). Before we used Zoho Vault, almost every day I had to search for accounts and passwords for other people.

Zoho Vault review by Tyler U.
Tyler U.

"Pretty Good"

What do you like best?

It is easy for employees to create SSO commands for their most used websites in a secure way.

What do you dislike?

It tries to save every website including personal ones.

Allowing employees to autologin to their tools cheaply and quickly.

Zoho Vault review by Maria N.
Maria N.

"Reputation Analyst"

What do you like best?

That all of our accounts are easily accessible.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to reload the chamber you want because the sources do not show up.

Responding to reviews.

Zoho Vault review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Zoho Vault Rocks!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and deploy to our different teams. An overall cost effective solution for our business.

What do you dislike?

New features should be deployed more quickly. Mobile app is buggy at times.

Most teams were managing passwords in an insecure fashion. Now they can be managed securely using Zoho.

Zoho Vault review by Administrator

"Good"

What do you like best?

The password manager is the best of all.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. All the thing in here is very good.

I can get the password from anywhere is the best

Zoho Vault review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Good Product"

What do you like best?

Easy to manage many passwords and users.

What do you dislike?

Adding users takes too much time. Cannot specify the amount of time for each password to expire

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up all paswords before deploying to users, and do complete training.

Sharing passwords with many people is easier.

Zoho Vault review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Zoho vault used to store all passwords and sensitive information"

What do you like best?

one place to store all password information

What do you dislike?

sometimes when editing secret name it defaults to the default username rather than the actual username or id for the actual secret name

access any time from anywhere for passwords and sensitive info

Zoho Vault review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to share certain passwords with my team

What do you dislike?

It really annoys me that auto logon doesn't work all the time

Having multiple secure passwords which can be shared with my team securely

Zoho Vault review by Administrator in Investment Management
Administrator in Investment Management

"Huge time saver plus I can use harden passwords for all my online accounts. "

What do you like best?

Central locations for my hundreds of online accounts and available from any device.

What do you dislike?

Cant think of one other than Android app could be improved some.

Solved password fatigue.

Learning about Zoho Vault?

* We monitor all Zoho Vault reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.