4.8

Cloud based practice management software with built-in email and accounting.

Work for Zola Suite?

Learning about Zola Suite?

Zola Suite Reviews

Ask Zola Suite a Question
Showing 29 Zola Suite reviews
Zola Suite review by Jorge R.
Jorge R.

"Review of Zola Suite"

What do you like best?

There are few things that zola does really well.

1. Email integration - and attaching emails to matters. Although it could improve by learning that emails from clients should be attached to communication tab for that client's matter.

2.Matter view allows you edit data without opening a new window

3.Document view is spartan but very useful. The trend now is to go bubbly and big, which in practice means wasted screen space by large pretty icons. As an attorney I just need the information as quickly as possible. Thus, I love the hierarchical document left pane. Super fast, super efficient. No nonsense.

What do you dislike?

The contact management facility needs work. It is USELESS as lead tracking as it doesn't allow you to attach note or events to leads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All programs have strengths and limitations. The developers have to make choices in terms of presentation of data, access to data, and ease of use. Zola integrates very well three aspects of a law practice. Billing, case management, and document management. I have tried many many competitors and despite some limitations, Zola is the best fit.

I eliminated separate billing software. I am in the process of eliminating separate accounting package.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zola Suite
Zola Suite review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Zola has matured into a strong and user-driven case-management platform"

What do you like best?

Zola's UI is clean, quick, and easy to use. Their support team is incredibly professional, helpful, and responsive. As a user, it covers almost my full range of needs without being invasive.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes, minus one, are mostly nit-picks.

1. The color scheme might turn some away.

2. It's also still adding features, so there are a few parts that feel somewhat less polished than others.

3. As a matter of personal preference, I'm not a fan of the fact that multiple tabs of Zola must be open to make use of all of its features.

4. I'd like to see integration with Google Drive added. I can sync with Google Calendar and Gmail, so this feature's absence is more noticeable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any software, do your best to know what you're looking to accomplish, but don't be afraid to try new things. And if you're not sure, just ask; there were a few times where I thought Zola was missing a feature only to find out through support that I was overlooking something very simple.

Zola has been a great asset in our transition to a paperless office, and they make it easy to use the platform equally well at the office, on a mobile device, or in the courtroom.

What Legal Practice Management solution do you use?

Zola Suite review by Joe B.
Joe B.

"New and Innovative Player in Law Practice Management "

What do you like best?

Zola's strengths include the user interface, which is logical, efficient, and easy on the eyes. For the most part, everything you expect to see on a matter or contact screen is there on the first page; no need to scroll or click over to an additional page to find out all of the most pertinent information you want on that subject. The developers of Zola are also among the most creative in the field. Features such as automatic timing of certain tasks, which creates time records automatically and assigns them to a matter without any additional keystrokes, are evidence of how forward-thinking are the creative minds behind Zola. Zola's fully-integrated email client is an industry standard, and the ability to send registered e-mails providing proof of delivery is also unique to Zola Suite. The option of a branded mobile app to offer to clients is also an attractive feature unique to Zola. Having a fully-integrated accounting solution is also a plus, even if it is not unique to Zola. Zola may be the best combination of graphic design and innovation in the industry.

What do you dislike?

The software is still a bit buggy. For example, when creating a new matter, users are offered the option to add an additional client to the matter, but the additional client is never successfully saved to the matter. Only after the matter is created can the user go back and successfully add another client contact to the matter screen. The email client is also a bit buggy. I've experienced difficulty with email attachments, which seems to occasionally result in an error message indicating that the email was not successfully sent. On most of those occasions, the error message is itself an error, meaning that the email actually was sent. I learned that lesson the hard way, when I discovered that I had repeatedly sent and resent the same email to a client, who had actually received the first message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zola is definitely worthy of a serious trial.

Zola checks off all the necessary practice management boxes - calendaring, task management/workflow, email and document management, accounting, and secure client communications via the portal. Integration with LawPay has also been helpful in getting paid quickly by those clients who prefer to pay by credit or debit card.

Zola Suite review by Todd B.
Todd B.

"Amazing, cost effective Practice Management SaaS Platform"

What do you like best?

Zola allows me to work from anywhere in the world and with a fraction of the overhead of many firms. As a solo practitioner, it is imperative that I be as efficient as possible and not having to have a separate admin assistant is such a cost savings and allows me to be more efficient for my clients. The platform has been amazing and I have already recommended to my colleagues, some of whom are now subscribers.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. At times the interface can feel crowded, and adding new features sometimes requires that I clear my cache. There are times that jumping from screen to screen can be slow. Further, when working to batch post a single check to multiple invoices I run into some issues.

I needed a single-platform for intake, matter management, timekeeping and billing that also allowed for flexibility for my different billing structures. I solved my problems for a fraction of the cost o having a dedicated resource.

Zola Suite review by Zachary L.
Zachary L.

"Big firm software functionality at a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

The seamless integration with Gmail and Google Calendar makes using Zola a no-brainer if you already use Google products. The task management and deadline reminders are robust and provide options for reminders via email or SMS. This is an absolute lifesaver for my practice which has a large number of regular and sometimes recurring deadlines.

What do you dislike?

The sorting of emails appears to be manual only (not automatic via filters for tagging/sorting) - this can prove time consuming to sort emails manually to associate the emails with cases.

Zola helps to track deadlines and task assignments. The ability to assign tasks to other members of the firm and track the completion of those deadlines is a huge value-add to my firm.

Zola Suite review by Ruth M.
Ruth M.

"Easy to Use "

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to use. Self explanatory and unintimidating to use. We really didn't read any instructions or watched any videos, we just started using it and has been great so far. I love that it has built-in accounting, and your email can be synchronized and accessed from the suite. The ease between jumping from cases to billing, to email, and calendar is just so convenient.

What do you dislike?

I really like the software, but the only thing I haven't been too fond of is the calendar. It offers an instructional video but honestly haven't had the time to watch it. I'm sure the more I use it, the easier it'll get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We tried 3 other softwares and liked this one the most. We are a small firm, and it fits our needs perfectly.

We have gotten rid of QuickBooks and love the ease and convenience that all the users have access to see how much a client owes in a matter of seconds. We are able to send invoices to our clients through various ways.

We are also able to have the overall picture of how the firm is performing and which area of law is bringing in the most revenue - all in one place.

Zola Suite review by User

"Zola makes my job easier and makes me more efficient."

What do you like best?

Using Zola has made me more organized, efficient, and mobile. I can assign tasks to paralegals and keep track of their work, I can quickly pull up any document in a client's file, and I can take the entire program with me on my phone or laptop to use in court. I use the calendar portion to keep track of my court dates and can access it easily from either the Zola app or have it work together with my phone's calendar.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the email search function because it just does not seem to actually search for the terms I write in the box. However, because I can assign emails to a matter, I am able to search that matter's correspondence tab and generally locate the missing email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!

Having a program that keeps track of clients' payments, the retainer, the trust accounts, as well as billing is far more effective than other programs I've seen. I don't have to spend an hour sorting out my billing for the day, nor do I have to spend time compiling a statement of time spent on a client's case for the clients. It does it all for me. When a client wants to see the work I've done on a case, I can send it in minutes.

Again, tasks are so incredibly useful. I can write a sticky note to my paralegal to do something on a case but completely forget about what I asked for or when. With tasks I don't have to do that. It's all on record.

Zola Suite review by Shahzad K.
Shahzad K.

"The experience keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and very easy to figure out. As a solo practitioner, this piece of software is essential to my practice. It keeps me organized and on pace with what I need to do each and every day for my clients and for my business. I am sure that I am not using this software to its full potential. But, what I know is that what I am using, which is keeping notes on my cases, calendaring, keeping track of tasks, and most of all billing is keeping my business productive. I can pop open my laptop anywhere in the world and access Zola Suite. This gives me piece of mind.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this product for about one year now. I have not come across anything that I dislike about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At a prior law firm, I had used an earlier version of Clio. I liked that version. When looking for a practice management software solution for my firm, I went back to Clio. However, the new version that was being used was something that I did not recognize. I did not like the functionality of that software. As such, I started looking at other practice management solutions such as mycase. At about the same time, I believe Zola Suite was being released and I contacted them and started a trial version of the software solution. It completely fit into my practice. Everything that I needed was being addressed by it and it has continued to address each of my needs going forward.

All my billing information is in one place. I do not have to create a spreadsheet for all my trust account cases. I do not have to rely on word and excel documents. I love the ease of running invoices and bills for my clients and with its integration with lawpay, that is even better. Like I said before, this software has made me more productive as a business by having everything in one place.

Zola Suite review by Josh H.
Josh H.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I really liked the native email client. It seems like a big improvement over outlook plugins all the other platforms use. I also like the app, you can do just about anything on the app that you can do on your desktop.

What do you dislike?

The reporting features aren't quite as fleshed out as some of the other platforms I've been looking at. Our firm needs a very specific report, and while Zola offered to build the report for a small fee, they wanted us to sign up before they would build it and gave us a three month timeline.

Although we haven't decided which way we're going to go, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Zola to anyone who is considering a change to their legal software.

User in Law Practice

"Great software for case management "

What do you like best?

Zola is fairly easy to use. I really enjoy the accessibility of the software and the ability to use it in multiple locations. It seemed that most case management software was pricey and could only be used on site, in the office. I can access Zola from an app on my phone. I also like the customizable features in time entries and on the matter page.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a better tickler system and that the “create a time entry” on an event was more reliable.

It has allowed our office to have a centralized location to have case/matter notes that everyone can access anywhere. It helps when there’s a problem that comes up when an assigned attorney is out of the office.

Zola Suite review by Ramey K.
Ramey K.

"Responsive, Personalized Service Makes This a Great Product, Especially for Smaller Firms"

What do you like best?

Incredibly quick and efficient responses to tech support and troubleshooting questions, very responsive to requests for improvements and features to software, and constant updates to reflect user input and improve practices

What do you dislike?

Perhaps not as powerful and feature-laden as some of the case management software out there, but not a big issue for a solo practice like me. Some functionality is unwieldy or awkward, especially at first, and frequent updates do also mean frequent bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product if you don't need complicated features and excessive bells and whistles and value personalized, responsive service. The ability to have concrete input into improvements that actually get implemented is the best part of this product.

Case management and bookkeeping, big savings in terms of efficiency and time spent

Zola Suite review by Mindy  Y.
Mindy Y.

"Easy to use- all in one practice management!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to control everything from one dashboard. It is really easy to save emails to a file or assign tasks; build invoices and manage trust accounts. I have tried other software and I love Zola Suite - it is intuitive and easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

I think that manually entering time and closing out invoices could be done in fewer steps.

The ability to prioritize and save emails right from my inbox was huge! Document automation is also a big help and time saver!

Zola Suite review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Attorney in small firm using Zola to manage contacts, files, and billings"

What do you like best?

The unlimited cloud storage is a definite strength of Zola. I've also found the matter management and billing interfaces to be easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There are certain features, e.g., invoice customization and matter organization, that could use more customizability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zola is the only cloud-based program I've found with email integrated directly into the program. Its seamless and immensely helpful in keeping correspondence current and organized.

Our firm has benefited from the centralized billing provided by Zola, which is far more efficient and effective than the workstation-based billing programs we've used in the past.

Zola Suite review by Matt K.
Matt K.

"Zola is amazing- esay to use, cost effective and has helped streamline my file manangement and bills"

What do you like best?

Hands down the fact that it has freed me up to concentrate on doing great legal work for my clients.

What do you dislike?

Nothing- works very well for me and my practice needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it free

Efficiency in file management and billing. More time to devote to providing legal services instead of back office work.

Zola Suite review by Kevin F.
Kevin F.

"The law practice management tool I've been looking for."

What do you like best?

Complete integration in one application; no third-party applications required.

What do you dislike?

The fact that, yet again, I am learning how to use a new software program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a tryout!

Zola Suite enables me to focus on my practice rather than on the tools I need to manage my practice.

Zola Suite review by Mz. B.
Mz. B.

"This product has given me nothing but a great experience. "

What do you like best?

Zola is easy to use and understand. It makes my day to day life as a paralegal easier.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that after a certain amount of time of being inactive, it logs you out. However, I do know that it helps with maintaining confidentiality.

Zola helps me maintain client files so I don’t have to store so much paper. I can document phone calls and invoices. It benefits my company significantly.

Zola Suite review by Yale P.
Yale P.

"Fantastic Experience! "

What do you like best?

One of the easiest and most efficient platforms to use for any size law firm. The support team is also fantastic, readily responding to any question you may have.

What do you dislike?

N/A. Everything is very easy to navigate and the response time for any question is remarkable. I have nothing but positive things to say about Zola.

I have improved greatly with managing cases with contact. As well, time tracking and billing are made very easy with the programs in place.

Zola Suite review by Jeffrey J.
Jeffrey J.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

Great for billing, especially when you get interrupted a lot

What do you dislike?

updates and the pop up that asks me on a daily basis how I would rate them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just make the switch

billing and case management

Zola Suite review by User

"Zola is Great for my Personal Injury Practice"

What do you like best?

There are many customizable options especially in "Matters". I keep the most important details in a custom main menu in Matters" for quick reference. This saves a lot of time since my staff and I often need to refer to the same info when speaking with defense counsel or other parties. The calendar is also very flexible.

Zola's customer service is unrivaled. They always respond quickly and will help you with any issues.

What do you dislike?

No complaints.

Disorganization will ruin any case -- Zola helps me keep track of case status, court dates, dates that important documents were served, and offers many other ways to keep my firm organized.

Zola Suite review by User in Higher Education

"User friendly right from the start"

What do you like best?

zola suite is extremely intuitive and very easy to use without training.

What do you dislike?

I only practice very part time. It is expensive for the occasional lawyer. It would be great to have a pricing plan for people like me.

My problem is that I only take one or two cases a year and I need a practice management platform that doesn't have a long learning curve. Zola Suite solved that problem for me.

Zola Suite review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"COULDNT ASK FOR A BETTER SOFTWARE"

What do you like best?

The product eliminates multiple windows and many software products. Capable of writing an email and organizing electronical files all in one program.

What do you dislike?

It has a few things to work on: such as intake forms or client fill able pdfs, and a few other things but the software is in the right direction.

Case organizations; multiple windows and case listings

"Zola Experience "

What do you like best?

Zola is a wonderful legal software that organizes clients, calendar events, and documents for both small scale and large scale practices.

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage I have experienced using Zola is that after several updates some parts of the software stop working properly.

Overall we use Zola to organize our clients and finances. We have been able to organize all of the important events in the calendar without forgetting anything.

Zola Suite review by Alexandria S.
Alexandria S.

"Zola review"

What do you like best?

I like how it is User friendly and functiona

What do you dislike?

I have not been able to use all features yet

Keeping time on matters and invoicing

Zola Suite review by Channa B.
Channa B.

"Everything I wanted!"

What do you like best?

Outlook syncs to Zolasuite and saves client emails into client folders and provides option to send emails securely within Zolasuite. Tasks function allows for multiple sub-steps.

What do you dislike?

Zolasuite rearranged my Outlook email folders so that all subfolders became main folders.

I am eager to use the referral source tracking over time functions.

"Growing pains"

What do you like best?

It has a great layout and there is ease of use. I am still learning a lot about it.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked to see standard task lists which I can select and modify as necessary. That I have to type them up every time is not timesaving.

keeping track of my time.

Zola Suite review by Kevin F.
Kevin F.

"Excellent Experience"

What do you like best?

It has saved me significant time and much more accuracy in tracking my time and invoicing.

What do you dislike?

The site can run slow at times - sometimes the email function freezes and you have to click out and start again.

Invoicing and getting paid timely. It's also helped me with my file retention.

"Love Zola Suite "

What do you like best?

Billing, without a doubt! It is so simple to capture all of your time and expenses, and generating an invoice is a snap.

What do you dislike?

Searching for emails is sometimes difficult. If they are not saved to the clients file, then to go back into your emails and find what you are looking for is not so user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great customer service. Well worth it.

Capturing time and expenses

Zola Suite review by User

"I love the software and recommend it to everyone"

What do you like best?

the start and stop function of the timer.

What do you dislike?

I have issues getting the calendar and inbox to load and stay up to date

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing product

Time management and billing

Zola Suite review by lorienne n.
lorienne n.

"Heplful Software"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that zola suite is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how setting up templates is difficult and customer service didn't help.

Calendaring efficiently and quickly.

Learn more about Zola Suite

Zola Suite Videos

Learning about Zola Suite?

* We monitor all Zola Suite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.8