Zoom

Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform. Zooms solution offers the video, audio, and screen-sharing experience across Zoom Rooms, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and H.323/SIP room systems.
Learn more

A real leader for Meeting Solutions

February 13, 2018

Darrell R.
IT Specialist at Ovi Information Technology LLC

What do you like best?

Good video quality and audio connection. The ability to integrate with many services and with any, convenient for you, calendars. The interface is simple and user-friendly for beginners. Handy mobile application, I do not use it often, but if I have to, it's not worth then the desktop version.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have integration with the services of auto-responders. In the rest, I have no complaints the service is just excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A true leader among many competitors. Even a free version of the service has many functions and it is fully suitable for a small team. However, I want you to recommend a paid subscription, in which will be available a lot of useful features.

We have used Zoom for a long time, but only recently switched to the version for Business. If you use the free version, you understand that forty minutes for a group meeting is not enough. In the paid version, we no longer think about the time and can hold a meeting for a couple of hours. I also like the advanced meeting controls, such as enabling and disabling recording, encryption, live chat and notifications. There is also one gigabyte of memory in the cloud for recording our meetings. Also, a couple of features that are not particularly useful, but are pleasant as an addition, for example, branding our company in-group meetings.

Perfect tools for our conference.

February 10, 2018

Eugenio S.
CRM Consultant at Eze Castle Integration
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

What do you like best?

I can say that I like the easy panel accommodated by zoom and the thing that it gives an opportunity to do very much. Also wonderful that in a faster way I can begin video conferencing with my workers for a weekly session.

What do you dislike?

I don't find any mistakes in my way of the working process. Also, I know that my team is working easily and they never complain to me about that solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is powerful and I recommend it to you. using that platform you will have a better help with a higher quality of the communication. You can use a screen sharing with quicker way. Always control your time and don't be late at the conference.

We can schedule meetings with outside persons and We can give support using screen sharing facilities. We have a preferred way to develop our intercourse. With a having lot of function of the online conference, we are doing our job faster and more productive.

Zoom is the best "thing" for video conferencing and remote control...

February 09, 2018

Michael C. A. F.
Selbständiger Unternehmer bei Michael C. A. Frey - Computerwissen für Alle
Computer & Network Security, Myself Only

What do you like best?

What I like best, is using zoom for free. Also the possibility to remote control other computers is great. The screensharing for giving trainings for computer-handling is especially for me very useful.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing very big I dislike. Everything I used is completely okay. Only sometimes there are little interruptions when broadcasting for more than 90 participiants. This should be managed/solved soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can say to everybody, who doesn't use Zoom yet, should take a try. You will see, that it is a wonderful solution for private or business use. I really enjoy it for several years now, and I use it for my own business since the beginning of 2018 and am really happy with it.

Problems occuring in using Computers or printers or anything else. The most likely benefit is, that I can use Zoom for free in unlimited time with only one participiant. But the 40-Minute-Limit is also very okay for me.

Zoom is one of the better web meeting applications

February 05, 2018

Ian C.
Head of Library Technology Initiatives and Development at California State University San Marcos
Libraries

What do you like best?

Zoom is integrated with our institution's authentication system and that makes it very easy to get started. It offers integration with Outlook. I can schedule meetings from within Outlook or from the Zoom client. I've used the Zoom client on OSX, IOS, and Windows, and have not experienced any issues. Connection quality is very good. It makes it easy to mute all participants and sharing my desktop works well. There are also options for breakout rooms and to have all participants provide video. The Zoom mobile app has very helpful when I was away from my office and was quite stable. Recording meetings has worked well.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I have experienced with Zoom that I dislike. I've used WebEx, Go-to-meeting, and Skype frequently when working with vendors or other organizations, and Zoom works best for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please see likes/dislikes section. Ease of use for people inside and outside your organization is a key consideration. Stability of connection and meeting management (muting participants, transferring control) are also critical.

Zoom makes it super easy to meet with anyone from the other 23 universities in our system. It's also be very helpful for meeting with people outside our organization. For some internal meetings it's worked better than meeting in person because we can easily share our desktops and show what we are working on. Our IT support also finds it helpful for resolving problems for our internal users.

Need help finding the right software?
Chat with a G2 Guide

Simple, user friendly software

February 08, 2018

Jared M.
Account Manager at Hudl
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees

What do you like best?

We have had a lot less difficulty setting up meetings since we switched to Zoom. It just always seems to work. I think audio is a common struggle when using a software like Zoom, but I honestly haven't had any issues. We're able to click one button and get connected quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot I can think of. It's fast and easy for the most part. One time, after sending a customer a link to join a webinar, they asked me for the meeting ID. That was a little strange, as I clicked the same link and it worked. Maybe because they had never used Zoom before. It caused a little confusion, but they were able to get it figured out within a couple minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give it a try. At least a trial. It just feels so fast and simple.

The benefit is not having to waste time to simply start a meeting or webinar.

Features Galore!

February 06, 2018

Nate B.

201-500 employees

What do you like best?

Zoom is an excellent tool for hosting audio or video conferences. While there are many solutions in this particular area, Zoom sets themselves apart by doing it for less than their competitors and by offering more features than you will likely ever use.

They offer apps for Android and iPhone, plugins for Outlook which makes sending an invite just as easy as creating a typical Outlook meeting invite, and ADFS/SSO integration so your users don't need to remember yet another site login.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things to dislike here, honestly. The biggest complaint I have is that I've experienced some flakiness from time to time with their Outlook plugin and needing to restart Outlook a couple times or reboot in order to get it to show up.

I would also say the chat/instant message functionality is just a little on the weak side as well. I can see where it would be waaay too easy to accidentally send a message to the entire conference room instead of just an individual which could be pretty embarrassing.

We use Zoom for hosting all of our conference calls, video conferences, our weekly meeting, and our quarterly and annual meetings.

Learning about Zoom?