Zoom

Zoom

Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform. Zooms solution offers the video, audio, and screen-sharing experience across Zoom Rooms, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and H.323/SIP room systems.

Work for Zoom?

Learning about Zoom?

Zoom Reviews

Ask Zoom a Question
Zoom review by <span>Shaina K.</span>
Shaina K.

Using Zoom as a Client

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like Zoom for Video meetings because it is easily accessible and private. As a client, I can choose to record the meeting and it automatically saves onto my desktop. The video stays private and confidential. I can watch it whenever I would like to. This is helpful because sometimes I will have a meeting with someone via other online programs but I cannot refer back to it because I did not have it recorded. I think it is a good idea to use Zoom for personal conversations as well.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is maybe the video quality is not as sharp. However, this is a small issue. There are the usual internet connection issues but that is not Zoom's fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Zoom for web conferences and meetings with a client. Zoom is private, accessible and easy to use. I like the fact that the client has the option to record the entire meeting and it is saved to their desktop. Whenever I want to, I am able to look back at the video meeting I had and refer to it. In the past, when I used programs like Skype, I did not have that option so after a meeting was over I had to rely on my memory of that meeting or notes that were taken. By having the opportunity to re-watch the video I felt like I could really get the most out of my meeting.

I used Zoom as a client. The person whom I received a service from uses Zoom in her business. That is how I connected with her.

Showing 2707 Zoom reviews
Zoom review by <span>Darrell R.</span>
Darrell R.

A real leader for Meeting Solutions

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Good video quality and audio connection. The ability to integrate with many services and with any, convenient for you, calendars. The interface is simple and user-friendly for beginners. Handy mobile application, I do not use it often, but if I have to, it's not worth then the desktop version.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have integration with the services of auto-responders. In the rest, I have no complaints the service is just excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A true leader among many competitors. Even a free version of the service has many functions and it is fully suitable for a small team. However, I want you to recommend a paid subscription, in which will be available a lot of useful features.

We have used Zoom for a long time, but only recently switched to the version for Business. If you use the free version, you understand that forty minutes for a group meeting is not enough. In the paid version, we no longer think about the time and can hold a meeting for a couple of hours. I also like the advanced meeting controls, such as enabling and disabling recording, encryption, live chat and notifications. There is also one gigabyte of memory in the cloud for recording our meetings. Also, a couple of features that are not particularly useful, but are pleasant as an addition, for example, branding our company in-group meetings.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zoom
Zoom review by <span>Eugenio S.</span>
Eugenio S.
Validated Review

Perfect tools for our conference.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I can say that I like the easy panel accommodated by zoom and the thing that it gives an opportunity to do very much. Also wonderful that in a faster way I can begin video conferencing with my workers for a weekly session.

What do you dislike?

I don't find any mistakes in my way of the working process. Also, I know that my team is working easily and they never complain to me about that solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is powerful and I recommend it to you. using that platform you will have a better help with a higher quality of the communication. You can use a screen sharing with quicker way. Always control your time and don't be late at the conference.

We can schedule meetings with outside persons and We can give support using screen sharing facilities. We have a preferred way to develop our intercourse. With a having lot of function of the online conference, we are doing our job faster and more productive.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Web Conferencing solution do you use?

Zoom review by <span>Michael C. A. F.</span>
Michael C. A. F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

What I like best, is using zoom for free. Also the possibility to remote control other computers is great. The screensharing for giving trainings for computer-handling is especially for me very useful.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing very big I dislike. Everything I used is completely okay. Only sometimes there are little interruptions when broadcasting for more than 90 participiants. This should be managed/solved soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can say to everybody, who doesn't use Zoom yet, should take a try. You will see, that it is a wonderful solution for private or business use. I really enjoy it for several years now, and I use it for my own business since the beginning of 2018 and am really happy with it.

Problems occuring in using Computers or printers or anything else. The most likely benefit is, that I can use Zoom for free in unlimited time with only one participiant. But the 40-Minute-Limit is also very okay for me.

Zoom review by <span>Ian C.</span>
Ian C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Zoom is integrated with our institution's authentication system and that makes it very easy to get started. It offers integration with Outlook. I can schedule meetings from within Outlook or from the Zoom client. I've used the Zoom client on OSX, IOS, and Windows, and have not experienced any issues. Connection quality is very good. It makes it easy to mute all participants and sharing my desktop works well. There are also options for breakout rooms and to have all participants provide video. The Zoom mobile app has very helpful when I was away from my office and was quite stable. Recording meetings has worked well.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I have experienced with Zoom that I dislike. I've used WebEx, Go-to-meeting, and Skype frequently when working with vendors or other organizations, and Zoom works best for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please see likes/dislikes section. Ease of use for people inside and outside your organization is a key consideration. Stability of connection and meeting management (muting participants, transferring control) are also critical.

Zoom makes it super easy to meet with anyone from the other 23 universities in our system. It's also be very helpful for meeting with people outside our organization. For some internal meetings it's worked better than meeting in person because we can easily share our desktops and show what we are working on. Our IT support also finds it helpful for resolving problems for our internal users.

Zoom review by <span>Jared M.</span>
Jared M.

Simple, user friendly software

Validated Review
What do you like best?

We have had a lot less difficulty setting up meetings since we switched to Zoom. It just always seems to work. I think audio is a common struggle when using a software like Zoom, but I honestly haven't had any issues. We're able to click one button and get connected quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot I can think of. It's fast and easy for the most part. One time, after sending a customer a link to join a webinar, they asked me for the meeting ID. That was a little strange, as I clicked the same link and it worked. Maybe because they had never used Zoom before. It caused a little confusion, but they were able to get it figured out within a couple minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give it a try. At least a trial. It just feels so fast and simple.

The benefit is not having to waste time to simply start a meeting or webinar.

Zoom review by <span>Nate B.</span>
Nate B.

Features Galore!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Zoom is an excellent tool for hosting audio or video conferences. While there are many solutions in this particular area, Zoom sets themselves apart by doing it for less than their competitors and by offering more features than you will likely ever use.

They offer apps for Android and iPhone, plugins for Outlook which makes sending an invite just as easy as creating a typical Outlook meeting invite, and ADFS/SSO integration so your users don't need to remember yet another site login.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things to dislike here, honestly. The biggest complaint I have is that I've experienced some flakiness from time to time with their Outlook plugin and needing to restart Outlook a couple times or reboot in order to get it to show up.

I would also say the chat/instant message functionality is just a little on the weak side as well. I can see where it would be waaay too easy to accidentally send a message to the entire conference room instead of just an individual which could be pretty embarrassing.

We use Zoom for hosting all of our conference calls, video conferences, our weekly meeting, and our quarterly and annual meetings.

Learn more about Zoom

Zoom Videos

Learning about Zoom?

* We monitor all Zoom reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.