Zoom

Zoom

(3,992)

Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform. Zooms solution offers the video, audio, and screen-sharing experience across Zoom Rooms, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and H.323/SIP room systems.

Work for Zoom?

Learning about Zoom?

Zoom Reviews

Ask Zoom a Question
Zoom review by Ciara S.
Ciara S.

"Zoom is a solo-prenuers best friend!"

What do you like best?

Where to begin! I think if I had to pick one thing, it would be that they have the strongest most consistently clear connection of any video calling software I've tried (and I've tried a ton). Even if myself or my client are working from 1mbps or less, I know I can rely on their quality.

What do you dislike?

Uhm.....nothing! Honestly they are my go to for everything business related, and I've even used them for important personal calls because they are more reliable than other options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free plan, give it a try! You don't need to decide based on faith, they'll show you why they are the best.

Zoom allows me to work with clients all over the world. Without them I wouldn't feel as secure scheduling with someone in Australia or Bolivia...or even Oklahoma, when I'm somewhere completely different. They truly bridge the gap so it's as though we're in the same room at the same time!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zoom
Showing 3,995 Zoom reviews
Zoom review by leynette alejandra M.
leynette alejandra M.

"program to interact with my students and colleagues online"

What do you like best?

Zoom is an Internet-oriented program that I like because I use it to interact with my students and colleagues at the university. It helps me to teach all kinds of training without the need to program the knowledge, since it shows specific characteristics for its use. At first I found it difficult because I did not know it, but once you sign up, it tells me the functions that become simple. It is ideal for video conferencing, making group presentations and sharing a computer screen with a large number of participants up to 45 people.

What do you dislike?

The problem for me is the audio, its transmission is not well understood when you want to make a meeting. It does not sound very clear. The other thing is that the number of participants is limited. If you need to add more people, it has a cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Zoom because it is an excellent server to share documents, photographs and videos on your screen simultaneously from anywhere and if you can not be in person (physically) for any situation, activate the application for online runs with audio and vision. In addition to screen sharing. Easy to start from a computer or mobile.

The benefits of this program is that I can make video calls and seminars from my computer and mobile phone. It works with a fixed Internet or Wi-Fi connection. It does not require a cost. You can download the free application. Also, it allows me to organize and record a meeting. Videoconferencing plan, create annotations with my students at a distance. One of the strategies that I included in my class planning is to use Zoom as a tool to meet online. Although the platform is very new for the university, I am already implementing it as a use

for the strengthening information and communication technologies. It is an excellent tool to communicate. It should be noted that it does not only work for academic and professional purposes. We can also use it to connect with family and friends who are in other countries. This space is available for different languages, there is no need to worry.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zoom
Zoom review by Vanessa E.
Vanessa E.

" The best platform for large online meetings"

What do you like best?

Zoom has been the best option for large online meetings, registration is completely free.

The quality of audio and video is unsurpassed, generates a sense of realism face to face.

While you are in the video conference, you can take an internal chat with the participants you choose, everyone can check the chat or a particular user.

You can record the conversation and review it later.

It can be used on the computer, and on mobile devices such as a cell phone or table.

While the meeting is active you can choose to mute your microphone and close your camera if you need it, participants can see several screen, group and individual options

What do you dislike?

The basic plan has 2 limitations, 40 minutes of connection per meeting and a maximum of 100 participants.

In general it is an excellent application.

It must be taken into account to have a good audio while the moderator is talking the rest of the participants must mute the microphones, so that the audio environment does not become noisy

Recommendations to others considering the product

While they are in a meeting and their connection time is up, they can leave and re-enter with the same meeting code, all they have to do is wait a few seconds and that's it.

Now making global meetings is much easier with Zoom, it is an all-in-one application while you are conducting an online meeting, you record, you write, you make the minutes and you can schedule another meeting again.

You save time and money

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Zoom review by Stephen K.
Stephen K.

"Just another video calling application"

What do you like best?

It's fairly easy to use. With many video conferencing software you have to spend a lot of time finding contacts to add to a call, but with Zoom participants just have to have a link to join a call.

What do you dislike?

The downside to needing a link to join a call is that if people forget to sign on at the correct time, then you have to reach out to them via email or phone. There's not a good way to directly reach out to potential participants through Zoom. With other video conferencing applications participants can be called through the app if they're logged on. A separate issue is that sometimes we can't get the application to start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't recommend Zoom. I would suggest Skype.

There are a few business partners who only use zoom, so we have to use it when contacting them. So having zoom allows us to connect with certain businesses who use it exclusively.

Zoom review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Great for long distance collaboration"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - very quick for the average user to install and get going, I generally don't need to train my team much on how to use the product. The screen sharing and graphics display is amazing when we use powerpoint to show slides to our team. We have had calls with well over 100 people on them with no issues with speed.

What do you dislike?

Price per month for paid account - if we want recording which I only need once a month I need to go to the paid version. Also dislike that it isn't easy to auto-mute all attendees unless the host is paying attention. Would be great if you could assign multiple admins so that others can help control a large group call. I dislike that we can't easily schedule calls --- it would be great if we had an option to integrate with calendars and send out suggested times to collaborate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have many meetings scheduled with various time zones, use the paid account for recording

Long distance collaboration - makes it easier for my team to keep in contact, put faces to names and see expressions. We use this for a weekly meeting and the recording option makes it possible for people overseas to attend and participate after the fact, give feedback, or for us to go back and reference to.

Zoom review by Jhonmyn Alexander A.
Jhonmyn Alexander A.

"With Zoom I can talk and see my friends in high definition"

What do you like best?

This type of communication is ideal for members of a family scattered in various places, organizations, work teams, short seminars and even a group of friends. This service, the best of all, is that it is free, it offers calls with high definition video.

What do you dislike?

When we are in the middle of a connection, the other members of the group can also manipulate what is presented on the screen at the moment, which is sometimes annoying as it lends itself to sabotage of a presentation. In my opinion it should be possible to select who of those present in a connection can have this type of access, that is, be able to control as a connection manager certain characteristics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoom has many good features such as: Video webinar, Group collaboration, Cloud and local recording, Zoom Meetings and rooms, among others. ideal for distance meetings and conferences.

This new service not only offers video calls but also text conversations and even allows any member of the group to share a computer screen with others. this allows a better communication between the members of the group in a more dynamic way where we can all interact.

Zoom review by Thomas L.
Thomas L.

"Works 99% of the time perfectly"

What do you like best?

I used to work with Skype, but some companies forbid it in their IT policy. I used to work also with Scopia, but I used to face lags all the time while not untimely disconnections.

Zoom is easy to use, no need for software installation, no need for a huge connection and the resolution is great. The screen sharing is intuitive and full screen is by default (not like Scopia where your pptx cannot be used in slideshow).

What do you dislike?

I would have liked a toolbar a little more intuitive & sexy rather than the black banner and the old-fashioned buttons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well, if you face issues with your TCs, Skype or other kind of software, Zoom is the ultimate system today for me.

I work with people all over the planet, and being able to handle visio with russia, CIS, Africa without facing big problems is a sign of a good solution.

Zoom review by Jeff A.
Jeff A.

"Easiest Video Sharing Platform I've Used"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of being able to quickly set up a meeting.

What do you dislike?

The service does cause a very small big of delay with some of the sites we use for our online meetings, so we usually use the phone for audio and just use the computer for screenshare (seems to help with the bandwidth). Occasionally, running the software disables some features of other websites (probably javascript conflicts).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great free software for hosting online meetings. You can ramp up functionality with paid versions, but we've used the free version for a year or two with no real limitations to our usage (doing online training with consulting customers). Suggest using the web-based recording so it frees up your computer back-to-back recorded meetings.

We use Zoom for all of our client communications. Whether it is just an audio call, or an online screenshare, Zoom allows us to have a simple, consolidated platform for all of our communications. We have the system set to auto-record everything in the cloud, so we can easily go back and share the recordings with the customers (we do a lot of online training with screenshare). We also use the Chrome add-in, which makes setting up and running the meetings seamless.

Zoom review by Robin N.
Robin N.

"Easy switch from another provider - great to get additional features"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of connection and using the platform. Our customers and partners have been very happy with the switch, and it's improved our internal meetings as well. I'm a particular fan of the user controls to provide non-verbal feedback during a meeting (thumbs up, thumbs down, canned messages to speed up or slow down) - these make it easier to engage with a primary speaker without interrupting the flow of the discussion.

What do you dislike?

Still running into some firewall issues with a few clients, but I suspect that has more to do with their locked-down environment than with anything Zoom is doing or could do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use heavily during your trial period - test everything you think you MIGHT use.

We have a globally distributed staff, so our web-based meeting platform is a key business tool for connecting us and enabling effective meetings. We also regularly run client meetings and workshops, as well as webinars and online live discussions. Zoom replaces another platform we had been using for the better part of 10 years. Among the added benefits of moving to Zoom:

* Most of the users have an easier time joining meetings than with our previous platform

* Integration of video is seamless - we're actually using more video now as a result

* Breakout rooms and whiteboard functionality add more interactive dimensions to our meetings and workshops in particular

* We're actually saving a little bit of money over what we were previously paying (though that wasn't really a consideration in making the purchase)

Zoom review by Evaristo C.
Evaristo C.

"Excelent to talk with friends and teammates"

What do you like best?

What i like the best is to use it as comunication service to stay in touch with friedns and family in a easy way. The quality of the video and audio are really good and is free. if i am in my computer the app is launched instantly and is in my browser native no need to do nothing else. The remote control of computer is really easy and fast . Is not consuming a big amount of band withd that is a really BIG PLUS to those that don't have high speed internet service.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike in this tool is the chat , the chat is really old fashion and plain , this kind of tool can be more user friedly , like BBM or even whatsapp .

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations is to install it in your phone or your computer , is a really good tool to stay updated with your clients and friends in every where you are and that's the way to keep the bussiness going

Stay in touch with my clients anywhere and anytime , it give me the posibility to review documents about a case no matter where i am . Also can talk to my relatives in other countrys without carry out any expenses.

Zoom review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Ease of video conferencing with Global teams"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Zoom, is the ability you have to video 'chat' anywhen anywhere, with complete ease. I use this on a regular basis with my global team - people in the US and Australia.

It allows us to be able to keep in touch, and up to date with each others progress on our projects - which is absolutely crucial to our success.

What do you dislike?

The only issue, although it is exceptionally small. The scheduling part, sometimes can be a little confusing - and doesn't make it easy to invite other people.

However, when it is a recurring meeting - it works fine.

The problems we're solving with Zoom, are not being able to have the agility of meetings at the same as a good and strong connect.

The benefits we have realised are the way that we can have meetings anywhen and anytime - without any glitches.

Zoom review by Bryan K.
Bryan K.

"Zoom is the optimal Conferencing Service"

What do you like best?

I love that zoom is easy used and easily brought into other systems. Being able to create a zoom meeting instantly in Slack makes a world of a difference. It is also extremely compatible with Google Calendar, so scheduling a meeting is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easy way to share multiple screens at once. I have tried and looked through tutorials, but I have yet to find a way to easily show multiple screens to another user in a meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skype is much too slow and G-Chat makes things very difficult to set up meetings with people outside of your business unit. Try out zoom for a much easier conferencing system.

Zoom helps you to be able to talk with other people very quickly. It makes "jumping on a call" a normal part of the day, allowing for instant communication on a team, rather than waiting a long time for systems to load or accommodate.

Zoom review by Fernanda S.
Fernanda S.

"Good experience with this new amazing tool"

What do you like best?

The toll is simple and the audio/ video quality is amazing. All meeting that is possible I arrange by Zoom. Thats really easy to use it. I also like the pannel, very easy to control and schedule a meeting in my desktop.

What do you dislike?

Just 40 min for free version is not enough, it should be at leas 1 hour. I know that if I apply for a annual ou montly it will not be a problem, the point is that I'm not that person who uses a lot the tool, ,so it doesnt compensate in my case. Sometimes if you have a meeting with mote people in the same room using ZOOM, there is a interference and ringing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many people who doesn't know how to deal with Zoom and prefer others tools instead of. In my oipinion, would be nice if you invest more in adds and merchan on internet, to promote the tool. Then people would feel more confortable to use it,

Meeting with people in different location. Seems that they are really close to be, the resolution is great. Audio is good just when each person is using a computer in different places (not in the same room). I much preffer Zoom instead Skype, I did many trainnings sessions and it worked fine. more economy also because people do not need to use phone to join a meeting, they can use the internet for it.

Zoom review by Juan Pedro C.
Juan Pedro C.

"Zoom other free videoconference program"

What do you like best?

Its easy to use, only invite the other people and u can talk when you like, if you need talk with people and they live in other country its perfect becouse its free

Es facil de usar, solo invita a otras personas y tu puedes hablar cuando quieras, si tu necesitas hablar con personas y estos viven en otro pais es perfecto por que es gratis

What do you dislike?

Its very simple, a little chat, and videoconference...maybe need any more like a phone and 1 list for save your clients and with only 1 click you can talk with they.

Es muy simple, un pequeño chat y videoconferencia, tal vez necesite algo mas como un telefono o una lista donde tu puedas guardar a tus clientes y con un solo click puedas hablar con ellos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recomended use this program if you want 1 little simple program, its easy to install and only need 1 min to register your mail and its totaly free

Yo recomiendo usar este programa si buscas un programa simpre, es facil de instalar y solo necesitas un minuto para registrarte y es totalmente gratis.

With this program we can talk with any client and the most important, its free, you can use our money for other thinks like do better games.

Con este programa nosotros podemos hablar con cualquier cliente y lo mas importante, es gratis, tu puedes usar tu dinero para hacer otras cosas, como hacer mejores juegos.

Zoom review by George B.
George B.

"Promising Solution for My Online English Classes"

What do you like best?

For an application with so many features and possibilities, the pricing is very affordable. As a cash-strapped freelancer, I can employ it easily with my students. Currently I only teach one-on-one classes so the free plan is sufficient, but depending on my own marketing skills, if I manage to get more than one student for some of the classes, I can upgrade to 'Pro' plan without pain.

What do you dislike?

I have participated in two webinars so far (Matt on Aug.6, and Raul on Aug. 7), and the quality of sound during the second webinar was sub-par.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Teachers of English as second language should not be afraid of the limitations when using the free plan; if you have groups to teach, your fees will be more than sufficient to cover the 'Pro' subscription.

I teach English to busy professionals who sometimes have no opportunity to come to class in person, so online lessons will help me retain the clients and keep attendance at the acceptable level.

Zoom review by Pedrito R.
Pedrito R.

"¡Excellent program for videoconferencing and other forms of communication!"

What do you like best?

Excellent program because it allows me to communicate from the web with my students, colleagues, research groups and my sports team from the university and even with friends and my family. Very useful to interact with many people from wherever you are. It helps me plan meetings, online seminars with up to 100 participants. Zoom You have among your options, use shared screen. The application can be downloaded from your computer or mobile device for free.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to say about what I do not like about this program. I could say that the limitation of the participants is up to 100 people if it is more than that amount has a cost. The other thing is that from time to time, the speed of the service is delayed. Otherwise, the communication is clear and without problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very easy tool to start and enter, use for conferences and meetings online. I can communicate with one or several people, either with my work team, with the organization where I work, my family and friends, and when I have to give classes I do it with my group of students from wherever I am. I recommend it because it gives me the options to make videoconferences, adjust and share screen with an audio and a clear and quality vision. Zoom is a reliable and safe program because it helps you organize, plan, record. You can also record in the cloud.

It is a program that allows me to make free video calls from my computer and my mobile phone with many people from different places. Great to communicate with my family that is very far, also connect with my work team that are in the nuclei that are in other regions without having to be in person. Using Zoom helps me to organize myself and be more efficient in remote communication, especially when we plan the activities of the month and the management plan of the sports secretary must be shown, which is the position I currently occupy. This application works with a good Internet connection and that's it.

Zoom review by Iriusva M.
Iriusva M.

"Make videoconferences or high impact webinars "

What do you like best?

I have had the opportunity to use Zoom to participate in webinars. At first I had resistance because I did not know the program, but from the first time it was very easy to access and connect. With the invitation link I register in the seminar and enter the scheduled time to enjoy the activity. I had the possibility to see, listen and chat with the speaker and see the comments of the other guests at the session. I consider it a very useful tool to make specific meetings, to sell ideas, train or turn instructions on a specific topic. I like that it is compatible with different operating systems, it has a free version that works very well, although with some limitations, it can be used from the computer or through applications for mobile devices, connecting you from wherever you are.

What do you dislike?

Although Zoom is a fabulous communication tool, it has some weak points for the free version related to the seminar time limitation that is 40 minutes and the limited number of participants. Sometimes the connection of the audio and / or video is interrupted, although other factors such as the capacity of the equipment used or the quality of the internet may interfere there. I think that whoever plans a meeting with this program should manage the time very well and have experience in the proper use of the tool, so that he / she can transmit the message effectively and at the right time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to program, host or participate in online meetings, Zoom is an ideal tool with many benefits. You just have to prepare yourself, do your tests, plan the time and content. And so you will achieve your goal in a simple way and at a low operating cost.

This tool is of great advantage for independent professionals who want to take their message to many people, in different places of the country and the world, with the use of low or no cost programs. In this case, just having an internet connection and an optimal communication device is much that can be achieved, saving time and money. It has ease of installation, ease of use, reliability and data security.

Zoom review by Amy R.
Amy R.

"Zoom makes video conferencing easy!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to (1) schedule a Zoom meeting and have it automatically added to my calendar and invite other attendees, (2) have screen share swap back and forth between attendees during meetings, (3) instantly start a Zoom meeting with someone, and (4) remotely access another computer during the meeting to work on a project/task immediately.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the microphone/speaker feedback that sometimes occurs during a meeting with multiple attendees. But the workaround of disconnecting from computer audio and connecting via phone makes it work without further issues. And it may not be Zoom's issue that causes this problem, so I can't blame Zoom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! The free account is quite robust and I have used it extensively with only very minor and infrequent user-related issues (on the attendee end).

Using Zoom has enabled me to remotely train others: first, by remotely accessing their computer and showing them what to do, and then giving up control and watching them step through new processes to catch any mistakes. I also use Zoom to allow clients to watch me perform tasks that they've asked me to do, which shows them how I do things differently in order to reduce the issues that arise from them not using best practices.

Zoom review by Stacy Lynn H.
Stacy Lynn H.

"Best Video Platform I Use Daily! "

What do you like best?

I have used the pro-Zoom plan for over two years now and I love it. We livestream our show on three platforms and have multiple guests come in via Zoom to interview on our show. Zoom works perfectly with our other software and does the job perfectly. The cost of Zoom makes it affordable for small businesses like mine and I am a dedicated fan and user!

What do you dislike?

I love Zoom. There is nothing about the platform that I dislike at all.

Zoom provides the most stable video platform I've ever used. Since my livestreaming shows are LIVE and my guests have to be on the air at a specified time, I can depend on the platform. Other platforms, that begin with an S tend to crash my other softward. Zoom is compatible and works perfectly. I also love that I can record all of my sessions and that the audio is archived in small files not mega huge ones.

Zoom review by D K.
D K.

"Effective tool for colloboration"

What do you like best?

It provides almost instant connectivity with least steps is really good and helps manage your time effectively that is definite plus for the tool. However, it could certainly be improved by making it 1 click sign in that would add to it's appeal to users.

What do you dislike?

sometimes disturbance is annoying that needs optimization of bandwidth usage specially for low speed/coverage areas or while using it on mobile devices and in transit. I am sure if this is improved it's utilization by teams would improve and would become tool of choice for on the go connectivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it as it certainly helps in connecting remote teams very efficiently and effectively. It is very lightweight and can be used by new user within few mins.

it really helps in collaborating with remote teams though it's difficult to state if we have realized any business benefits yet but I am sure with few improvements it can move in to direction that leads to benefits realization in foreseeable future.

Zoom review by Alan S.
Alan S.

"Best Videoconferencing Software Ever!"

What do you like best?

We utilize Zoom for everything at the University I work at. For Staff Council meetings, committee sessions, campus round-tables .... the list could go on! We find that it serves us very well as a substitute for those instances when we simply cannot be everywhere

What do you dislike?

Thus far I must be honest and simply say ..... NOTHING! :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those of you who like me are probably too busy to attend every meeting put on your calendar, recommend to your supervisor that Zoom is an excellent substitute for being there. It allows for text and verbal communication while being very non-descript (In other-words it is not the 500 lb gorilla in the room)

For many sessions that require attendance in some way, shape or form, it is always nice to know that Zoom is our fallback when being physically present is simply not an option. There have been so many times when quorum was required for a vote at a Staff council meeting, or input required to bring a project to closure, that with the ability to have zoomed into the session, outcomes would have been far different and votes skewed.

Zoom review by Maurice H.
Maurice H.

"Zoom. THE online conference software for individuals or business users."

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the extra features like recording your conferences if needed.

It also has a mobile app, which takes zoom to a different level. You can do simple audio calls over long distance with all the required features on board.

What do you dislike?

The audio can be cut off when multiple people talk at the same time. Even when you record, it does not record the parts where everyone talks at the same time. This can be a problem, as you will miss some important information in a conversation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of install, ease of use and option to record your conference, even with the free version makes this the best solution for your long distance business video/audio calls.

The mobile app adds to the ease of use, as you can have simple audio/video calls if needed with the same account. No need to reschedule your important meetings, just use Zoom!

Taking up clients and doing worldwide conferences with fellow business owners.

It is also used for remote assistance.

When doing group calls, it makes it easy to share thoughts and information, as if you where all sitting in the same room.

Zoom review by Marva L.
Marva L.

"Zoom is so simple to use. I love it"

What do you like best?

I like that Zoom is easy to set up and to navigate. and is easy on the bandwidth. Works well with Google Calendar. Webinars are much easier to participate in using Zoom. It's accessible on my mobile as well but I tend to use it on computer mostly. I like that you can choose to record sessions for later review. I like the flexibility of switching between full screen and small screen, and also the ease of moving from audio to video. The chat is also easy to use, I like that the program is so intuitive

What do you dislike?

Zoom can be confusing to use on desktop and also with browser app. I suppose Zoom could be made to be even more easy to use. The interface on the computer could be improved. I admit I was put off at first. I woudl have begun using Zoom more quickly if I hadn't been intimidated by the initial interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None that I can think of

Makes online meetings super simple. I participate in more webinars using Zoom. Being able to record a meeting using Zoom makes it easier to progress a project.

Zoom review by Diana G.
Diana G.

"SHARESCREEN!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can share my screen with the viewer. For teaching, this is a great tool for reading together. Vocabulary words can be highlighted, I can switch screen to a definition of the new vocabulary word, and I can show images or videos to reinforce learning.

What do you dislike?

I would love to use this for my online teaching, but the company has a formatted platform. I cannot give all my students my Zoom number. It would be nice to be able to open the company's classroom in Zoom without the student needing a Zoom account. I would even pay for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are tutoring outside of a company's platform and you can have the learner set-up a Zoom account for you to connect, definitely give Zoom a try. You can have multiple screen tabs ready to use to support learning.

I once worked for an online company for teaching English and they used the Zoom platform. I was able to open an e-book that student and I can read and discuss together.

Zoom review by Alejandro G.
Alejandro G.

"The best software for online video meetings"

What do you like best?

It's significantly more stable (higher picture and sound quality, less probability of lag in the call, and almost no chance that the call suddenly drops) than any of his competitors, like Skype, Hangouts or GoToMeeting. Also, it has much more functionalities like screen sharing from a phone, whiteboard, remote control and joining from a link, to name a few.

What do you dislike?

The UI could be better, is not particularly beautiful. Also, to have group calls longer than 40 minutes you need to upgrade to a paid plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive a bit into the settings, to enable the time of the meeting, the waiting room and the possibility of sending files, given that those or not the default settings.

I have between 20 to 30 hours of online meetings per week, as I am an online tutor, and my students benefit from the better stability and I can make use of the extra functionalities, specially the whiteboard and the possibility of recording the meeting.

Zoom review by Shiv S.
Shiv S.

"Simple, reliable online meeting service"

What do you like best?

The simple interface and ease of setting up various types of meetings [personal room, recurring meetings, meetings with password etc]

The ability to record sessions locally is another super useful feature

What do you dislike?

limited options to include or exclude the attendee details / videos being recorded

while switching user Ids, the passwords are not persisted with each ID

Recommendations to others considering the product

An affordable, easy to use video / web conferencing solution to improve team effectiveness.

Whether you are a one-person operation or a small or large team, zoom can scale.

the features to handle multiple participants and controls available for the administrator make is a breeze to set up and run global meetings

from my experience, i have not heard any invitee complain about difficulty in getting connected to the call, which was not the same when using other web conferencing solutions

connecting with colleagues, having group conversations

these include discussions, screen sharing, use of whiteboard etc

having cloud based recordings also makes it easy for those who missed the session, to catch up later and these may be deleted after some time

Zoom review by Jon E.
Jon E.

"Tons of features yet still very simple! "

What do you like best?

Love the screen sharing abilities to choose your screen, window, application, or even mobile devices to share mobile apps over a web screenshare easily. Their reliability has been perfect for me so far and audio is always clear

What do you dislike?

The one thing I don't like is all of the different ways that features pop up in different windows when in different views. When you share your screen, you lose almost all the functionality you had on your main screen to a single toolbar that I have yet to figure out. also chat and manage attendees will sometimes open in the same window and other times open into their own box. I'm sure there is a reason, I just haven't loved the interface of not knowing what was going to happen and where buttons are.

Selling SaaS you need something like this to do your job at all. I have used other tools in the past and have loved the simple benefit of having it not drop calls or be buggy in the middle of an important demo.

Zoom review by Andrea H.
Andrea H.

"Free and no need to download entire programs on everyone's computer!"

What do you like best?

I love zoom so much because I feel like it has the best connectivity out of all of the meeting services I have used. It is free and easy for other people to log on as well as the administrator. I've used it with tutoring students and adults. No one has had a hard time getting on or utilizing the service. I liked using a new zoom meeting number each time I got on. I am glad there was one dedicated to me so I could give people the same meeting number each time.

What do you dislike?

There really wasn't anything that I disliked about Zoom. I am not sure there was anything I would change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoom is most certainly worth the investment of time to switch over from another product. It works so much better than Google Hangouts and other subscriptions I have paid for!

There were a few times that we were supposed to meet in person, but there was a bad snow storm. This made it possible to still accomplish everything from the comfort of my own home.

Zoom review by Kathy W.
Kathy W.

"The best professional gateway - connector on the planet TO DATE! "

What do you like best?

Audio/Visual, Clear Robust

Recordability/share screen ability

Easy to learn and use -

PS: Just have to add this I LOVE ZOOM really really I do. It's changing the way I deliver my programs it's giving me new customers in new countries, and it's amazing, and I'm so glad I have it to help my business grow Thank you Development Team!

What do you dislike?

It's not 3D or Holographic YET - Just kidding, I like everything about this application and the fact that I can get instant support as needed. A great product, looking forward to the Holographic Imaging version!

I'd like the whiteboard to have some "creative development" - not sure what your team might do with it, however, I'm thinking they could get crazy creative and this might be fun!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's beyond what other webinar companies are offering, ease of use, support is instant from a LIVE person, quality attention to my business is really important, feed back, it's really changed my business.

My coaching business, online training, recording the training which I can then market,

Quick conversations with friends/Easy - works EVERY time

Distance Coaching and different Time Lines, I have clients in Europe & Italy, as well as Australia and S. California, - it's global! Now I'm global!

Zoom review by Lara M.
Lara M.

"The best platform I have used for multi-viewer video conferences"

What do you like best?

I have used Zoom in multiple situations and been pleased each and every time. It is possible to log in for face to face interaction with one or multiple individuals. I have used it as a viewer for a conference only type seminar, as a team meeting situation with lots of viewer interaction, and as a one on one, in addition to viewing seminars with thousands of viewers using the Q&A option.

What do you dislike?

I wish there wasn't the long delay in connecting but overall it is very quick. I sometimes forget how to mute when on different devices but usually figure it out quickly. I also WISH I always knew from the start whether *I* would be using the camera or not. I feel like I am sometimes surprised by that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If setting up a team type event, let participants know ahead of time if their camera will be capturing them during the meeting. This tends to be under-explained in the different ways I have see Zoom used and it can be surprising for first time users.

Zoom has made it possible to connect in a team setting from wherever I happen to be, without having to travel unnecessarily. I can remain with my family and still WORK, which is lifechanging.

Zoom review by Jose Q.
Jose Q.

"Zoom speed for your meeting needs!"

What do you like best?

Zoom is a very nice featured solution for meetings and webinars. Either from web or from a standalone application (desktop or mobile), you can easily schedule and host meetings for as little as one person or up to 49 (for simultaneous video feeds) and even more for screen sharing. Of course, you can integrate it with your popular calendar solutions (Exchange, Office 365, Google) with reminders and custom phone numbers for audio connections.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. I'd say in any case adding more third-party integrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoom is excellent for a startup and for a big enterprise alike. For starters, and as it's usual in these solutions, you have a free tier to use, which is unlimited for up to two participants (excellent for point-to-point support sessions), and for bigger parties you have a time cap of 40 minutes. Also, you can deploy it even on your mobile phones, which has been handy to attend webinars on the go (without the time restriction).

All our meetings, pre-sales and post-sales/support, are being held via Zoom Meetings. Most people that are unable to download apps either for system or policy restrictions; we overcame that limitation with Zoom via web. Also, on recorded sessions, we have more flexibility on Zoom (it can store video in MP4) to send it to our peers.

Zoom review by Jeremiah K.
Jeremiah K.

"Free Chat Room That's Done Great"

What do you like best?

I like having an alternative to Skype. I enjoy the different features of Zoom. Like how there's an "instructor's feature." I did a webinar recently and it was awesome to use the instructor's feature. I was able to scan the group to see how many people were participating. I loved how everyone was able to type in questions and appreciated the layout of the comment section. I've never had connection problems which is great and has been a pain in the past. I love how I can also use it for personal online hangouts like with distant family. Being able to use it on my phone has really helped on the go!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to send out the link to the meet up.. It can be a pain to share the link with people instead of inviting them to be my "friend."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! If you're debating about moving from Skype to Zoom, I highly recommend it.

Zoom has provided me with an easy and free way to have online business meetings. I use it weekly with my team, almost daily with my clients, and pretty much monthly through webinars. I've used it on a personal level with distant family members too. I like the simple layout, and all of its features.

Zoom review by Lisa R.
Lisa R.

"More stable than google hangouts, but, not as intuative and has it's own hiccups. "

What do you like best?

You can have a standing, personal dial-in, or a specially scheduled dial in, which is nice for flexibility, making it easy to start a conference on the fly as needed, and also provides a fail-safe if your pre-scheduled channel isn't working.

What do you dislike?

It's not super-reliable. It's better than google hangouts, but, not by much. It will quit suddenly and require a log-out-log-in process to get back up and running. Also, the video function can be tetchy; but, all in all, does what it needs to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be mindful of the chance for disconnection; let folks know that if you get disconnected that you'll log back in ASAP and to hang tight.

Collaboration with off-site colleagues/clients is a perennial challenge and zoom is a great option for connecting. It's relatively easy to use and flexible depending on need, so, def a great option for connecting remote groups and improving results accordingly.

Zoom review by Caleb S.
Caleb S.

"Customer Success Manager"

What do you like best?

The ability to talk to multiple people and share screens. It would be really nice to be able to share multiple screens. As in, I share my screen to the user and they simultaneously share their screen with me so that we can navigate a service or process simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

Only that for which I require a paid account.

Not really something I can complain about, specifically I am referring to the 40 minute limit on meetings with more than 2 people in total. I may pay for the product later, and I know that you definitely need to create a difference between free and paid accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It allows you to quite quickly and easily establish an understanding between a client and our business. The record function allows us to film training videos and the share screen allows us to guide effectively.

Customer Success, software engagement, and business procedure issues. It requires me guiding customers through our software and helping them explain their experiences.

There are often times in which the users describes their experience in words, however, the words they are using are not jargon, nor are they using those words in the same manner as I would. Therefore, we cannot completely understand the users issue, nor can we identify and explain a solution to them, at least using words. When using the share screen function, I am able to show them rather then tell them and there remains no ambiguity.

Zoom review by Lisa Madeleine C.
Lisa Madeleine C.

"Details and Possibilities"

What do you like best?

For me the best part of Zoom is the recording feature. I teach via Zoom and the simultaneous record function allows my students, and me, to review classes. This means that the student and I can double check mistakes, confirm queries and reflect on our performance as learner and teacher.

What do you dislike?

I don't use the full package at the moment so I don't use all the features of Zoom. As such, I have very little, if any, criticism. If I had to pick, then perhaps it takes a little time to get from the scheduled meetings to the meeting itself...but then I'm not convinced that is an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself time to get to know the product, as with any new software or process

I see the benefits as, a) being provided with a stable video call at all times (it hasn't failed me once, so far) and b) being able to record the calls.

Zoom review by George W.
George W.

"Great Multipurpose Communication platform"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and SAML integration have made Zoom indispensable

Video Chat is rock solid

Screen Sharing works well with both PC and Mac platforms

Mobile apps work well

What do you dislike?

auto updating of user groups doesn't happen

sometimes messages get out of sync between devices

lack of ability to add custom away messages is slightly annoying

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a system that does what Zoom does with the level of quality and stability as they do it. There are a few places they could add some friendly functionality like custom away status etc. but the product is solid,

We have several Communications platforms roaming around the Office, Skype for Conference Calls, Jabber for IM, and a mix of LogMeIn and VNC for Remote Support, Zoom allowed us to consolidate all of these functions into one unified platform and offered us many other features at the same time.

Zoom review by Muneeba F.
Muneeba F.

"Can't be a better video conferencing software than this"

What do you like best?

I like the ease with which I can set up and account and start using this software without any delay and disruptions. Zoom has an excellent audio and video quality, something many other software lack. At the most basic level, Zoom is free and there are costs for every other package. I even like the feature of screen sharing where I can share my screen with the other participants. Recording the meeting is also possible, again a feature other don't offer

What do you dislike?

I don't have many complains with the software other than the costs involved. This can only be afforded by large organizations as they have the financial resources. Small companies will only stick to the free or the lowest cost package but this will deprive them of a lot of other amazing Zoom features. Costs should be lowered

Recommendations to others considering the product

People who have regular interactions with their customers over the internet are highly recommended to use this software only. Win't ever regret it

My company has clients all over the globe. From Latin America all the way to South Pacific. This is where zoom helps. There are clients who I have never physically met but due to Zoom, I can actually call them my friends. Zoom's video conferencing feature is just the best. I have tried other software as well but this has fulfilled all my needs and wants. Excellent audio and video quality. Makes it almost look like 3D.

Zoom review by José Luis V.
José Luis V.

"Our solution to manage team meetings"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to program and manage mettings in Zoom, We're use it with our SME's team and the results are so gratefuly, conection Works fine, we can use the display sharing funtion, although we do not reccord any meet we think its one of the most ussefull options

What do you dislike?

We have practically no dislikes with Zoom, perharp when we want to iniciate a chat in a meeting there is some uncomfortable to Access the link, its more ussefully when participants do it

Recommendations to others considering the product

We really reccomend Zoom for manage mettings because its easelly of set it up, admin and manage

We solve the requirement of have all our team in the same place, they can participate in recurrents mettings weekly and remain in her places, We don't have to meet all physically in our office to manage the projects

Zoom review by Darrell R.
Darrell R.

"A real leader for Meeting Solutions"

What do you like best?

Good video quality and audio connection. The ability to integrate with many services and with any, convenient for you, calendars. The interface is simple and user-friendly for beginners. Handy mobile application, I do not use it often, but if I have to, it's not worth then the desktop version.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have integration with the services of auto-responders. In the rest, I have no complaints the service is just excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A true leader among many competitors. Even a free version of the service has many functions and it is fully suitable for a small team. However, I want you to recommend a paid subscription, in which will be available a lot of useful features.

We have used Zoom for a long time, but only recently switched to the version for Business. If you use the free version, you understand that forty minutes for a group meeting is not enough. In the paid version, we no longer think about the time and can hold a meeting for a couple of hours. I also like the advanced meeting controls, such as enabling and disabling recording, encryption, live chat and notifications. There is also one gigabyte of memory in the cloud for recording our meetings. Also, a couple of features that are not particularly useful, but are pleasant as an addition, for example, branding our company in-group meetings.

Zoom review by Markus S.
Markus S.

"Zoom offers the best feature, price and quality."

What do you like best?

In the past we have had issues with various screen share tools with users having trouble installing them when they are behind corporate firewalls and proxies. Zoom's product seems to have been adopted as an acceptable install over other products that seem to always hiccup. The product is easy to use, performs screeenshare and voip access flawlessly. We have never had a phone connection drop and the biggest indicator is the lack of invited users requesting NOT to use it. They are fine with it as it works.

What do you dislike?

The Android mobile client has issues booking meetings when the phone has multiple calendars. Have not been able to pick the correct calendar despite it stating it would select the one chosen, the end result is the wrong calendar is entered. This worked really well on a previous Blackberry and BB10 but the native Android 5+ seems to have issues and the scheduling isn't efficient. I use the desktop or copy/paste a manual calendar invite if I must use my mobile to engage the schedule.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. I am most happy with the windows desktop edition. They seem to have stable builds and the voice quality to date has always performed. They add features that at this point I don't need as much but the core they provide works well and is very consistent.

Showing our XMS document management product to our customer prospects. We use it to do technical discussions with our development team that is distributed. We leverage the ability to record sessions and archive complicated setup arrangements. The dual monitor support is fabulous.

Zoom review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"I've referred it many times already "

What do you like best?

It's simple to use - I got hooked by their free trial and became a paying customer almost immediately. Their base package is super inexpensive and they offer a ton of features. One that has been super helpful for me is allowing the participants to record the session on their own computer, so I don't have to send it to them. They also have cloud recording as well.

What do you dislike?

The control bar gets in the way when you are sharing your screen and you only have one monitor. Like all screen sharing software, it's very resource intensive. Although the software seemed very intuitive to me, I find myself having to explain to my less tech-savvy clients how to do things like, share their screen, record, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial. You'll love it. The UI is very simple, to understand. I just found it to be much lighter weight and easier to use than the competitors like GTM or Webex. I also think it's much better the Join.me as well because you don't need to have your browser open to use it and you don't lose a meeting my accidentally navigating away from the page.

As a software consultant, I often need to screen share with clients around the world. This allows me to stay in my local office and work with customers around the world. My job would be impossible without this type of software.

Zoom review by Jeremy B.
Jeremy B.

"Easiest, Most Reliable Video Conferencing"

What do you like best?

Zoom is super easy to use and it's reliable. I work at a university, and we have users that span the spectrum of technical aptitude. I meet with faculty regularly, and I've never had a problem using Zoom for this. Faculty are often skeptical of video conferencing tools at first, but the ease and quality of Zoom has changed the faculty's attitude from preferring face-to-face meetings to preferring meeting via Zoom. I've tried a lot of different video conferencing software, and in a past position I lead the support and upgrades of a university's instance of Adobe Connect. I've tried other video conferencing tools as well, but none of them have been able to match Zoom's reliability. It's really a seamless experience. And a lifesaver.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing yet. The prices are reasonable, there are great integrations and plugins to use Zoom with other software, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Its being easy to use and reliable (no connection issues have been experienced) has helped my small team transition away from face-to-face meetings to remote meetings. We design courses with faculty, and part of that is having weekly or bi-weekly development meetings with faculty. That means we could have 3 – 5 meetings per week, in addition to team meetings, college meetings, committee meetings, etc. Using Zoom cuts out all the travel time, and with faculty meetings alone, that saves us 1 hour – 1 1/2 hours per week. We use it for other meetings too sometimes, so you could probably add at least another 1/2 hour to that. Also, I've found that with Zoom, faculty are never late for a meeting. More time saved.

My university has a large international student population, especially from China, and Zoom has been the only reliable video conferencing tool to use with these students while they're overseas. This has been especially great for advisors that need to meet and talk with students before they come to campus.

Zoom review by Thomas C.
Thomas C.

"So Versatile!"

What do you like best?

I love all the things it can be used for. I am surprised when I learn of a new way someone else is using zoom.

I use it for Scheduling meetings, video conferencing, recording meetings, recording presentations, group presentations, remote presentations, lectures for classes, training... Basically anything I can do in Higher Education, I can do better with Zoom.

What do you dislike?

The lack of intuitiveness. Zoom is one of those programs that you usually need someone to show you how to use. I often visit training modules or do google searches to find ways to use Zoom, or to figure out how to do something I want to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research all you can, and you will find out all the amazing ways Zoom can be used!

Overcoming difficult schedules across departments and campuses.

Zoom not only facilitates meetings, it also can record them and share them, so information is shared further.

Zoom review by Graham B.
Graham B.

"I recently replaced another meeting/webinar platform with Zoom and couldn't be happier."

What do you like best?

Ease of use hands down. Zoom is intuitive, fully featured, and everything you need right at your fingertips. The ability to Live Stream to Facebook is very exciting. The recording function is smooth, and the ability to pre-set the webinar or meeting to automatically record is a lifesaver.

What do you dislike?

So fact, I've found nothing to dislike in all honesty.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked at many solutions, and took time to be sure I was making the right decision. I couldn't be happier with my experience with Zoom so far. From live demo, to sales, I never felt pushed or oversold. You can start small with Zoom, and grow organically. It's easy, cost effective, and technically superior to most on the market.

Using Zoom has increased our Webinar attendance by at least 100 fold and counting. Our clients are engaged with us much more by using Zoom with video than ever with our past solution. Our internal teams are now using Zoom for efficient meetings - being a 'virtual' company, this is incredibly value to us. Having the ability to use a virtual whiteboard, and video so we can see each other and collaborate breaks down the barriers of remote working.

Zoom review by Eugenio S.
Eugenio S.

"Perfect tools for our conference."

What do you like best?

I can say that I like the easy panel accommodated by zoom and the thing that it gives an opportunity to do very much. Also wonderful that in a faster way I can begin video conferencing with my workers for a weekly session.

What do you dislike?

I don't find any mistakes in my way of the working process. Also, I know that my team is working easily and they never complain to me about that solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is powerful and I recommend it to you. using that platform you will have a better help with a higher quality of the communication. You can use a screen sharing with quicker way. Always control your time and don't be late at the conference.

We can schedule meetings with outside persons and We can give support using screen sharing facilities. We have a preferred way to develop our intercourse. With a having lot of function of the online conference, we are doing our job faster and more productive.

Zoom review by Jared M.
Jared M.

"Simple, user friendly software"

What do you like best?

We have had a lot less difficulty setting up meetings since we switched to Zoom. It just always seems to work. I think audio is a common struggle when using a software like Zoom, but I honestly haven't had any issues. We're able to click one button and get connected quickly.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot I can think of. It's fast and easy for the most part. One time, after sending a customer a link to join a webinar, they asked me for the meeting ID. That was a little strange, as I clicked the same link and it worked. Maybe because they had never used Zoom before. It caused a little confusion, but they were able to get it figured out within a couple minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give it a try. At least a trial. It just feels so fast and simple.

The benefit is not having to waste time to simply start a meeting or webinar.

Zoom review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"Simple and fun to use!"

What do you like best?

I really like that we can add this straight in our calendar invite. It has helped my Employee Resource Group be able to have consistent meetings even when we are across campus. I don't have to rent a room for our meeting. We can just meet from our computers!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about this product. Some of my colleagues have had a hard time figuring it out, but I think that could be due to inexperience of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product. It is a wonderful feature for bringing your meetings closer together.

I work at a University, and all of our departments can be quite far from one another (up to a 20 minute walk away). I have an Employee Resource Group that I'm in charge of and we were constantly having people missing out on the meetings because they couldn't find the time to set aside an hour, plus a 20 minute walk each way. When the weather got bad, it also had a low turn out.

Zoom review by Michelle K.
Michelle K.

"Is getting near the tops"

What do you like best?

is really fast at the video conference , don't have any lag and the audio is high definition. Have an aplication for android alsa that turns out to be a good tool to comunicate with friends and family at anytime anywhere. The on line rooms also are good to work with large number of user . Finally the recordigns you can share with the teammates and discuss it later. Also is not a great bandwith consumer

What do you dislike?

The translation to spanis is bad , for a non english speaking person is going to be hard to understand . Is not that easy to use , you have to know a litle bit of tecnology to work with this . The chat is pretty poor at the user interface . The user interface of all the app in adroid is pretty simple that is not atractive to the user to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install it and work with it , is the best way to get the felling of the tool , is not the most friendly but i think is the most eficient

i can reach with my teammates any time anywhere without getting lag even if may internet conection is poor. Record the mettings and use as a log from metting to metting .

Zoom review by J. P. L.
J. P. L.

"Great solution for virtual meetings!"

What do you like best?

Zoom has a relatively smooth audio/video transmission considering it's rich features. Screen-sharing from any participant is the most useful feature, as well as the different modes of viewing other participants. We have used this for meetings, webinars, presentations, etc. It seems to work well for all of these.

What do you dislike?

I like everything that Zoom offers. I dislike the fact that it is still limited when it comes to collaboration capabilities. We usually default to using tools like Google Docs with screen-sharing in order to collaborate more easily. It would be great if Zoom offered it's own feature or better integration with existing services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a no-brainer for anyone trying to schedule team meetings, volunteer meetings, or webinars using reliable, feature-rich software.

1- We are saving time and money by having virtual meetings between people who live hours from each other.

2- Zoom has made it much easier to schedule quick, strategic meetings where we would otherwise have waited for an opportunity to meet in person.

3- Zoom has made it easier for us to offer content and training for staff and volunteers.

Zoom review by Selvam V.
Selvam V.

"Awesome tool for virtual meetings!"

What do you like best?

Zoom is very intuitive, fully featured, and everything you need right at your fingertips. Also the option to remote control other computers is great. I've used the Zoom on OSX, IOS, and Windows, and have not experienced any issues. Connection quality is usually very good. I like the option to save the recordings, share with the teammates and discuss it later. The Zoom mobile app is very helpful when I am away from my office.

What do you dislike?

The only issue is for Zoom meetings with more people, there is a cut off after 40 minutes.

My group is using Zoom for efficient meetings. Zoom is a great tool to run productive online meetings. I like the ability to use a virtual whiteboard and share desktop that allows us to collaborate effectively and break the barriers of remote working. Zoom is great because you can actually do work while on your video conference since Zoom doesn't take much of bandwidth. On top of everything else, it complies with our security protocols as well.

Zoom review by Emmanuel D.
Emmanuel D.

"Zoom Review"

What do you like best?

Having the ability to choose either phone or voice over the internet was useful as well when connecting on a plane where phones are not available.

What do you dislike?

There would be crashes every now and then, which I understand when you're dealing with the internet. Zoom, however, could improve the way they notify the users and be accessible when there are issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Audio does not require a telephone. Many of the folks I work with are international or work remote and love the ability to speak and engage via their laptop and not their cell phone.

Scheduling assist. The feature that automatically makes a outlook invite template for me is very helpful. A simple copy and paste and along into a time slot and all the needed information is out to all my meeting members.

Zoom review by Satishkumar G.
Satishkumar G.

"A simple and elegant conference line for both audio and video"

What do you like best?

The ease of use

The price factor - Zero to try

The speed of setup and getting ready

The moderator gets an email when anyone joins the Zoom room. This helps in controlling access.

What do you dislike?

Not all countries have dial in code.

When moving out of a call, it is easy to miss "Assign a host" since that is not a major requirement. This makes the meeting end suddenly

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup time is far less than any products

Using it from multiple platforms does not seem to have any lag

Using a phone to connect for audio when using machine for audio works without any lag.

Free version is sufficient for most of the users in organization. The licensed version can be got only when needed.

Communication between offshore and onsite teams happen without much need to setup.

Interviews happen without having to explain the user on how to get this setup.

Since the 40 minute time limit is good for most users, our organization uses the free version for most of our company. Only those who need a longer time period are provided with paid version.

Zoom review by Juan Z.
Juan Z.

"Excelente para reuniones de Voz , Videollamada debe mejorar"

What do you like best?

La primera vez que use zoom me parecio que no habia manera de ganarle a mi herramienta anterior , sin embargo debo retractarme , la aplicacion es genial , es rapida , simple , se conecta con cualquier de mis cuentas ya prestablecidas (facebook, gmail) lo cual me dice que puede ser una herramienta social como una de trabajo . Las llamadas son super nitidaz sin importar la cantidad (lo he usado con al menos 6 personas ) y de verdad que no compromete nada con el equipo donde esta corriendo . Compartir pantallas en tiempo real es en tiempo real no presenta delay , y el white board es una buena forma de hacer lluvia de ideas con los mienbros de equipo. La version gratis es super funcional , por lo que vi de los costos para una version mejor tampoco es muy costoso. La version movil es super facil de manejar y es lo mismo que la version desktop solo que mas compacta .

What do you dislike?

Lastimosamente uno de los puntos bajos de la herramienta es el video , tener video llamadas es bastante regular , una herramienta que con tanta potencialidad no deberia tener este tipo de problemas, se pixela mucho , o se queda colgada , de verdad que es mejor tener conferencia en solo audio que el video por ahora. Otro detalle que critico mucho en las herramientas de este tipo es porque a estas alturas de la tecnologia tener un chat tan plano y aburrido , porque no hacer la experiencia de chat un poco mas dinamica , algo mas parecido a whatsapp o blackberry messeger.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Usenlo para cualquier conferencia de audio o puntos de control con equipos de trabajo , en video creo que hay otras mejores opciones , y la version para telefono es lo mejor.

Poder tener las reuniuones en tiempo real donde sea , desde que la uso en mi telefono ha sido un forma practica de comunicarme sin depender de un tercero o un correo .

Zoom review by Michael C. A. F.
Michael C. A. F.

"Zoom is the best "thing" for video conferencing and remote control..."

What do you like best?

What I like best, is using zoom for free. Also the possibility to remote control other computers is great. The screensharing for giving trainings for computer-handling is especially for me very useful.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing very big I dislike. Everything I used is completely okay. Only sometimes there are little interruptions when broadcasting for more than 90 participiants. This should be managed/solved soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can say to everybody, who doesn't use Zoom yet, should take a try. You will see, that it is a wonderful solution for private or business use. I really enjoy it for several years now, and I use it for my own business since the beginning of 2018 and am really happy with it.

Problems occuring in using Computers or printers or anything else. The most likely benefit is, that I can use Zoom for free in unlimited time with only one participiant. But the 40-Minute-Limit is also very okay for me.

Zoom review by Ian C.
Ian C.

"Zoom is one of the better web meeting applications"

What do you like best?

Zoom is integrated with our institution's authentication system and that makes it very easy to get started. It offers integration with Outlook. I can schedule meetings from within Outlook or from the Zoom client. I've used the Zoom client on OSX, IOS, and Windows, and have not experienced any issues. Connection quality is very good. It makes it easy to mute all participants and sharing my desktop works well. There are also options for breakout rooms and to have all participants provide video. The Zoom mobile app has very helpful when I was away from my office and was quite stable. Recording meetings has worked well.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I have experienced with Zoom that I dislike. I've used WebEx, Go-to-meeting, and Skype frequently when working with vendors or other organizations, and Zoom works best for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please see likes/dislikes section. Ease of use for people inside and outside your organization is a key consideration. Stability of connection and meeting management (muting participants, transferring control) are also critical.

Zoom makes it super easy to meet with anyone from the other 23 universities in our system. It's also be very helpful for meeting with people outside our organization. For some internal meetings it's worked better than meeting in person because we can easily share our desktops and show what we are working on. Our IT support also finds it helpful for resolving problems for our internal users.

Zoom review by Nate B.
Nate B.

"Features Galore!"

What do you like best?

Zoom is an excellent tool for hosting audio or video conferences. While there are many solutions in this particular area, Zoom sets themselves apart by doing it for less than their competitors and by offering more features than you will likely ever use.

They offer apps for Android and iPhone, plugins for Outlook which makes sending an invite just as easy as creating a typical Outlook meeting invite, and ADFS/SSO integration so your users don't need to remember yet another site login.

What do you dislike?

There aren't many things to dislike here, honestly. The biggest complaint I have is that I've experienced some flakiness from time to time with their Outlook plugin and needing to restart Outlook a couple times or reboot in order to get it to show up.

I would also say the chat/instant message functionality is just a little on the weak side as well. I can see where it would be waaay too easy to accidentally send a message to the entire conference room instead of just an individual which could be pretty embarrassing.

We use Zoom for hosting all of our conference calls, video conferences, our weekly meeting, and our quarterly and annual meetings.

Zoom review by Lionel N.
Lionel N.

"Versatile and reliable"

What do you like best?

Seamless experience on Mac OS X and iOS. Outlook plugins work on Mac, which I never managed to achieve with WebEx. Multiplicity of options allowing to tailor the product to one's needs (for example: allowing others to connect without you, or not; selecting which country dial-ins appear in the invite). Great video and screen sharing experience. Phone numbers that work for dial-in users. Single-touch dial-in included in invite.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. It is, of course, a bit fussy to find one's way through the multiple options when looking for something to adjust.

Reliability is absolutely key in my business. We lawyers do not have much time, hate to waste it, and many of us are not tech freaks. And, in an advisory capacity, we are here to secure things, deals, agreeements; so if our means of communication are unreliable or insecure it does not exactly project a good image. So the thing must simply work as and when advertised, with no surprises, no login issues, no fussing around. Well, to date, it does.

Zoom review by Jenica E.
Jenica E.

"Clear video and audio quality"

What do you like best?

What I like best with Zoom is the ease in sharing the desktop screen of the person at the other end. It made the sharing of information and communication easier. In addition to this, I find the setting of meetings on Zoom extremely reliable. Moreover, the addition of participants in the meeting is relatively easy.

What do you dislike?

As per my experience in using Zoom, there is nothing in the app that I dislike. But what I can suggest is that User Interface can be improved for better a look of the software. Moreover, the cutting off of video call when after a few minutes must addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To others who are in need of communication platform especially videoconferencing, Zoom is the best product. Zoom serves the best interest of the users whether it is for personal or business use. Zoom provides an easy-navigation software for both desktops and mobile phones which is rather convenient. I recommend Zoom to users who are conducting business in the virtual world as well for personal use of people who finds the need to connect with other thorough video conferencing. There is nothing to worry when it comes to the security and privacy of information as Zoom sets out strict security in the software.

I used Zoom in communicating with clients through a video conference. The most beneficial in using the application is the feature of sharing desktop screen. This made presentations easier.

Zoom review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"Great way to connect"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about this app is that you feel real connected to the person that's on the other end. I feel you can have a real conversation and be able to really tell the tone of the conversation. For us Traders its not easy to trade and type at the same time, with Zoom we can be in a conversation with multiple people and not miss a thing while trading! I highly recommend this app!

What do you dislike?

There's not much I don't like about this app, I'm not sure if the zooms can be recorded and watched at a later time, if there isn't that option that would be the only down fall

It's easier for us traders to be able to stay in conversation while we're making our trades rather than typing on a computer and going back and forth into our trading app and into our conversation and back and forth

Zoom review by Bob S.
Bob S.

"I finally found my Web Meeting/Video Conference software"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, it's intuitive, allows for multiple sharers at the same time. Easy to schedule meetings using Exchange (presumably other mail clients as well). I have a static meeting ID but I can use a temporary one if, for some reason, I want to have a meeting without publishing my static ID. Recording is easy and it works! It records separate audio channels for each caller so clarity is as good as possible. It also autoconverts to standard video file so you don't have to use a special reader.

Free version is hardly crippled. For one-on-one meetings there's no restriction. For >2 participants you're limited to 40 minutes. But the price is competitive with other offerings; I've upgraded to PRO.

What do you dislike?

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything. I've used join.me, webex, and goto meeting. I avoid join.me; I like goto meeting but prefer zoom now that I've tried it. WebEx is the standard, but I think Zoom may give them a run for their reputation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial. Can't go wrong. Then test the hell out of it; you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm an independent consultant and need to meet with people to share documents, generate ideas, map out plans, and gain approvals. Recording allows me to refer back later to clarify notes I missed. Their multi-sharing capability allows 2 or 3 people to share documents side by side (I used to have to use 2 separate services simultaneously for this).

Zoom review by Carol T.
Carol T.

"Surprisingly easy and wonderful to use"

What do you like best?

Where to begin... I love how connected headsets are automatically supported and we rarely have connectivity issues. I also like how as a host, I can mute/unmute as well as turn off video for my attendees. I can even ask permission to take control of an attendee's shared screen.

What do you dislike?

I wish the video wouldn't turn on automatically for my attendees even though it's entertaining to me how people dodge the camera or look surprised to see themselves. I've also heard from attendees that it takes a bit of time to load and there's a delayed start for sound/mic when they join.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely trial it first. We trialed Zoom and GTM together.

Zoom helps us have the ability to record video and we can reshare it with attendees. Biggest benefit is probably that Gong works with it, so we get more analytics on our meetings hosted by Zoom. The ability to record is a MUST for my team. Prior to Zoom, we used Join.Me which worked half the time and didn't fully integrate well with Gong. I've also had experience with BlueJeans Conferencing which was unreliable.

Zoom review by Maya M.
Maya M.

"Good way to do video conferencing between large and small groups"

What do you like best?

Being able to hold a conference call that is accessible by invitation. When most of our employees are in remote locations we need a way to do group conference calls. It is very nice to be able to schedule meetings which generates a link and access code for the call that we can send out before hand. With that link people are able to join the call via computer or cell phone which is very convenient!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is not reliable and users have a hard time logging in to access the call. There are times when we've done a video conference call presentation were our audience says there are issues with either seeing our material or lagging audio. This could be a user error which then it might be nice to have a way to see what our audience is seeing and hearing especially if we are recording the presentation for user who couldn't make the call.

The other problem we've run into at times is issues with people being able to get into a call when they click the link which has prevented some users to attend calls in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this product if you doing a lot of video conferencing or group meetings between remote members. It offers a lot of options during the call that other applications such as Skype do not.

Being able to have group conference calls with remote staff. As I stated above, most of our staff is in remote locations and there are times when we need to hold conference calls with them and zoom has been a good and reliable way to do it. We have pretty good user compliance.

Zoom review by Jessica K.
Jessica K.

"Awesome User Experience and great alternative to GoToMeeting"

What do you like best?

Zoom's ease of use allows us to get new users up and running quickly. The in-meeting experience of different participants being able to show their video or screen as needed without needing to make anyone presenter/organizer means we've seen greater adoption. I've used GoToMeeting for years and prefer Zoom hands-down. The Zoom Room enablement in our conference rooms means that IT spends less time facilitating conference calls. The integrated webcam has enabled our remote teams to see each other on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

The only very minor complaint I have heard is that connecting from a mobile device requires that you download the app. Some attendees want to quickly join a meeting using the web browser. That's a very minor complaint, though. Overall I have no complaints personally and have heard little from my team about things they wish Zoom could do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoom is an awesome, reliable, device-agnostic conferencing solution. Way better than the alternatives (I've used them all).

The primary objective was cost savings. Zoom is a much lower cost for us than GoToMeeting. What we realized is that Zoom helped us resolve some user experience issues we hadn't been aware of with GoToMeeting. With Zoom Rooms, we were trying to solve multiple problems - meeting administration for large groups and a feeling of connected culture with our distributed team across the world. Zoom Rooms has helped us with both aspects and has really connected us in a better way than ever before. We've realized additional benefits with team members being able to use Basic accounts for 1:1 meetings, where with GoToMeeting they would need a license or someone with a license to create a meeting for them.

Zoom review by Lionel M.
Lionel M.

"Good software for virtual communication"

What do you like best?

I like that this product is so easy to use that anyone with a low level of computer skills could quickly learn how to use this program. Also one of the advantages of this platform is that I can record a conference or seminar for my individual work. This is the system that we use to communicate with customers around the world. We love this program because it is intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, when we held a videoconference presentation, our audience stated that there are problems with viewing our material or delaying the sound. There was another nuance that people can get on the phone when they click a link that prevented some users from accessing calls in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform makes it easy to run online meetings and do a little work in a little time. I also like advanced collection management tools, such as enabling and disabling recording, chat and notifications.

Use this product if you conduct many videoconferences or group meetings between remote members. This is an amazing, reliable solution for organizing a conference call. I highly recommend downloading it and try it if you need to have a video meeting for a team that works at a distance.

Zoom review by Saurabh D.
Saurabh D.

""Clear" Video Conferencing. "

What do you like best?

The best thing I liked about zoom was its efficiency in terms of voice and picture quality. I think, these are the two most important features which are looked for any web conference. Zoom is "Reliable". For many thing I've experienced that. Zoom gives a lot many features to cover a wide range of activities and gives the user a fantastic experience. (*Sometimes even now I discover new features during meetings)

What do you dislike?

The only thing which I liked 'less' about zoom was that for the first timers, it was a little difficult to set a meeting and to ask the people to join it. I little more simplification in the process would help it to go long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Platform to organize web conferences. Easy and has a lot features.

I've used zoom for various purposes. Its benefits were realized when I had to contact my client during an emergency because of an issue and with all the features of Zoom, I was able to show him the results and explain my hard-work by the help of a presentation which finally led him satisfied. Now its easy to set an meeting and to showcase the present scenario to a group of people together even after they being at different locations.

Zoom review by Ben M.
Ben M.

"A great video conferencing software for virtual meetings"

What do you like best?

Zoom is great because you can actually do work while on your video conference. Many video conferencing software tools take up so much of your Internet's bandwidth that it's difficult to do other things online during the meeting. For example, if you're using Skype and want to actively work on a project while sharing your screen, things slow down to a snail's pace, even though I've got very good Internet. This makes it difficult to work and is frustrating. Since I do a lot of consulting, much of what I'm showing my clients are action items I want them to do live on the call. Zoom makes this possible because it doesn't slow things down nearly as much as other tools I've used. This allows me to work with my clients and colleagues and get a whole lot more done on our virtual meetings with a whole lot less frustration.

What do you dislike?

The only two issues I have with the Zoom are the following: 1.) With the free version of Zoom you get unlimited meeting time with 1 on 1 meetings, but meetings with 3 or more people are cut off after 40 minutes. It would be great to get a full hour since most meetings are around 60 minutes. 2.) When I'm on mobile, I can barely be heard by the people I'm trying to talk to. I admit this could be an issue with my phone, but I doubt it because the speaker works fine with other video conferencing software I use. Video still works perfectly, but audio is less than stellar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoom is great -- high-quality audio and video even in the free version (though the free version does have a limitation of 40 minutes for meetings with 3 people or more.) I strongly recommend downloading it and giving it a try if you need to have video meetings for a team that operates remotely. Allows great screen sharing as well.

Zoom makes it easy to run productive online meetings and get a lot of work done in a little bit of time. I use Zoom with my clients and colleagues so we can take advantage of things like: recording our meetings automatically to the cloud for future reference; excellent screen sharing; high-quality video and audio

Zoom review by Joseph J.
Joseph J.

"I recommend that you pay attention to the Zoom"

What do you like best?

Video meetings in the Zoom are always qualitative and easy. A big advantage is that you can invite a large number of participants. Screen sharing and interactive whiteboards will let you hold video meetings at the highest level. In addition, you can automatically record all your meetings in the cloud and are not afraid of missing something important. You can use the program not only on the desktop, but also on your phone, this will allow you to be always in touch. The mobile application is simple and convenient.

What do you dislike?

Our team often use this service. Every day we have video meetings, seminars and only once, the program disconnected from the conference; we could not understand what happened, maybe it was problems with the Internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is really quality, it easy to work and have good communication quality during the conference. If your team is looking for a program that will work just perfectly, I recommend that you pay attention to Zoom.

Zoom helps our team to conduct quality meetings with remote departments. Many functions that the service offers allow us to improve our communication. For example, we often use a recording board together. We also easily place documents on the desktop or mobile phone and record meetings to show employees who do not participate in the conference, etc. We are happy that now we use Zoom.

Zoom review by Rick R.
Rick R.

"It simply works!"

What do you like best?

Upfront, it's the cost model. I can upgrade and downgrade as my needs vary. It makes it easy for me to take advantage of it's power with a limited budget. Perfect for start ups. I have never had a problem with audio or bad network with this platform. This was the main reason to search for something different.

What do you dislike?

Not much not to like. The free features are awesome for one on ones and short small group communications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version which has a lot of great features. The one I use most often is the shared screen and whiteboard.

I coach individuals one to one, so the free version is perfect.I can share my screen to show powerpoints and use the whiteboard for demos.

I'm in the process of developing an online workshop and looking forward to taking advantage of the advanced features.

Zoom review by Amanda D.
Amanda D.

"Zoom for virtual meetings!"

What do you like best?

I love that this product is so easy to use, someone with low computer skills could quickly learn how to use this program.. You can also use it mobile or a desktop/laptop, ipad etc. I love the record and share option for later review. Doesn't take up RAM for no reason, (has to be activated) I like the option to be able to use telephone audio VS computer audio. Screen sharing. Up to 40 minutes of meetings are free. Also, the ability to turn off the camera !

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the video quality is not great. The video will become blurry then begin to freeze, noticed on mobile device with or without wifi, has happened both times. Unfortunate battery drainage. Some of their features do not work on older systems. Updates are available regularly, it seems that any video quality complaint may become obsolete in the near future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool to use for personal as well as business use!

I am on a team of consultants also, we use it for team meetings because our lead is currently in Japan!

At times we have support staff that are out of state, or telecommuting this allows us to present items visually., as well as vocally. With zoom it is easy to be able to have virtual team meetings. I also use this for my side business, the screen share comes in handy for this! Benefits are lowering expense, and energy costs for employees because they may attend in their own home, or while traveling for business.

Zoom review by Nathan  R.
Nathan R.

"Zoom is best for virtual meetings and interesting projects."

What do you like best?

Zoom is super easy to use; I cannot stress this enough. When I interviewed for my current position, my interview committee could not get Skype to work. At the time, Skype was--in my mind--the epoch of virtual meeting software. So, when I was told we would be using Zoom instead, I was hesitant. However, after I was able to join the meeting without having an account, or with out any issues, I was sold on the power of Zoom.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say, I don not have any complaints with Zoom. It gets the job done. I prefer it over Go-to-meeting, Skype, etc. Go with Zoom.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just remember to not be intimidated by it. I have taught some of the most techno-phobic people how to use Zoom in no time at all.

My organization does use Zoom for virtual meetings. However, I have found some interesting uses for Zoom that I don't think the company has thought of. We have several faculty that want to bring online students into their lectures, but also want to record the class lecture, use the screenshare/whiteboard/annotate feature, and walk around the room all at once. Zoom lets me do this for them. First, we set up their meeting room and send out invites. Then, we sign in as the host on the desktop computer in the classroom to record. Next, we sign into the meeting using an iPad and use that to screenshare visual aids and annotate them. They love it. Couple this with the recent integration with ilos Video Platform, and you have one powerful tool.

Zoom review by Florene E.
Florene E.

"Comfortable virtual meetings with Zoom"

What do you like best?

Our company has a fairly large number of offices throughout the country and it does not make it difficult for me to monitor employees remotely, arrange visual conferences and solve problems of our company.Also one of the advantages of the Zoom program is that I can record a conference or seminar for a very individual work.

What do you dislike?

For a long time, I did not find any significant drawbacks to this program, but a couple of times I can't login to my account, so I had to reschedule the online meeting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our company organizes web-seminars for employees and conferences with remote offices at least three times a week for their control. It is more convenient to use the program I have not yet met

Zoom review by Lee T.
Lee T.

"A great company to work with and a solid video conferencing solution!"

What do you like best?

The simply interface and usability of Zoom has been great for us. We have used Zoom for everything for everything from simple meetings to holding classes over Zoom. It is easy enough to use that most anyone can quickly just jump right in and use Zoom. I also love how well it can be used on a phone, tablet, computer, or even a h.323 device like a Cisco SX20.

What do you dislike?

I have little to no complaints about Zoom. It has been rock solid for us and the only issue we've ever had is a result of older hardware. Even on that old hardware (Tandberg MXP) Zoom will still run, but we can't see both the presentation from the PC and the room camera at the same time.

Zoom has taken away a lot of the hardware cost that we were spending on replacing video conferencing systems. It also allows us to be able to connect to pretty much any one, any where, at any time since it can even run on a smart phone.

Zoom review by Stephanie M. C.
Stephanie M. C.

"I love Zoom!"

What do you like best?

Running meetings and taking calls over Zoom is easier than any other video conference system I've ever used. The call quality is higher than Google Hangouts, especially for large groups. It is really nice to see a grid of everyone on the call and easily link to specific meeting rooms. Screensharing, recording, and chatting are all easy to use, too.

What do you dislike?

When you set up a new Zoom meeting with someone who hasn't used it before, the onboarding and explaining takes time. No more than 10-15 minutes, which is good, but unlike Skype and Google, Zoom is not software that everyone has on their computer. The chat feature was also barebones, but functioned well-enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More and more enterprise-level companies are adding Zoom because it is easy to use, so it is out of the startup space. When my company first added Zoom as a company-wide product, everyone remarked about how much easier it was to use and how much faster it was compared to our old system.

Zoom made it easier to collaborate with remote team members. It also helped with work-from-home days and overall work-life balance for the entire team. In the education sector, it helped to share lessons with students even if they weren't available in-person. For talking to vendors and clients, the face-to-face time was helpful to grow the relationship, as well as interview potential employees.

Zoom review by Liz H.
Liz H.

"Best Freemium Video Conferencing App"

What do you like best?

Zoom is so multifaceted and useful. The record meetings function is genius for tracking important information. The paid version also includes the ability to create breakout rooms within a large meeting, making it possible to have subconversations within the same meeting. The meeting host also can mute noisy participants.

What do you dislike?

The free version only does group calls up to 40 minutes, but you can re-start the call immediately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoom has great bandwidth management, solid video quality, and conferencing features that make telecommuting much easier. The app makes phoning in really easy.

We have breakout sessions in our digital meetings, which can really speed up problem-solving when you have multiple groups at work. It can break down the clutter of large video meetings to have multiple view options - grid is great for seeing everyone, but the main speaker view focuses only on the person talking. That has been helpful for keeping the meetings uninterrupted.

Zoom review by Pablo L.
Pablo L.

"Video Conference with real Good Quality"

What do you like best?

This program i never used but a client talk to me about it and give a try in video conference , it was amazing how simple and fast it was , the video quality is really good and does not get stock . the installer is pretty lite and not use a lot of the pc.The use of a mobile app was great and the qualitty in my point of view is better than the pc video conference.

What do you dislike?

What i did not like was the fact thar the audio sometimes is not syncronise with the video and other thing it was unconfortable , was that the software detects if your bandwith is not good it start closing or gets stoped , this is not good in case you have a bussines conversation or someting important . The chat is not apiling for the user is just bored , and sometimes slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ha ve a good internet service , bandwith is primary and secure line second , just to not have problem when establishing the conections

Real time video conference in good quality and not performance consuming software. The mobility of the app was super that i don't have to stay seat in a PC just for the conference .

Zoom review by Noe Aldo B.
Noe Aldo B.

"All the features I need... free"

What do you like best?

After using other web conferencing apps during my work at corporates, it was a surprise to find a free app that offers all top options to schedule a web conference. My preference would go to: simple controls to mute, chat, rise hand, and scheduling. For the person scheduling the conference... set for international phone numbers. Record conferences... share whiteboard... I mean, basic functions available. With other apps, it was like extra options.

On the setup, I did enjoy its simple design and focus on items like selecting the mic source and speakers, testing them before starting the conference.

It was also interesting for me to find options for international callers... normally, I would not expect a free app to offer phone conferencing and even less international.

It was fun, when we tried to make annotations on the whiteboard. No issues with three users.

What do you dislike?

As with any other video app... it is dependant on the internet connection. In one ocassion, the originator of the call had some issues and have to re-issue the conference number. Just like with any other app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free option is limited on users and amount of time for web conferencing... but, it is enough to show its capabilities. And it is not as expensive as other larger solutions.

Share same information to different team members located in several cities. Saving travel resources.

Zoom review by Josie L.
Josie L.

"Very useful tools. "

What do you like best?

It is a more simple way to do a record of our session in the cloud. I like that with Zoom I can give my team with ease of access to video conferencing, screen sharing and meetings. Allows me schedule meetings and add them to my outlook list.

What do you dislike?

With all my working call and screen sharing, I never had problems. I found that solution is super fast and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, that's amazing tools for any company. Always will assist you with a higher quality of the connection. Work with more comfortable and easy way to screen sharing. Save your time and don't be worry that you will be late at the conference as you will have the opportunity to make your conference in one click.

We have the strongest key which will make our conference more effective. A better way to improve our communication. Now we can work much clear and open with a having lot of function of the online conference.

Zoom review by Hantzley A.
Hantzley A.

"My go to solution"

What do you like best?

I love using the Zoom platform for all of my business communications. It just works! I love the call quality along with the easy to use scheduling!

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure for Zoom can get quite expensive if you use some of the extra features. They have a recording functionality that allows you to record meetings locally or in the cloud quickly. Their cloud storage size availability and price point are a joke. They disincentivize using the cloud to record your meetings, which would be the ideal way to record meetings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoom can get quite expensive with some of the add-on features, but the core "Pro" plan is your best bet! Unlimited meeting times and the extensibility of the app are commendable. They also have a bangin' mobile app.

Connecting and working with remote workers, hosting meetings for clients, sales calls, webinars etc.

Zoom review by Jordan B.
Jordan B.

"Great tool for videos and meetings"

What do you like best?

I like that you can send links to people quickly and easily and the computer also provides the audio. Having used some of the more well known meeting tools before, they are cumbersome and you have to download the application to make it work.

I like that I can quickly and easily create a calendar invite. The link to access the Zoom is always short and you can give it to someone over the phone or text message.

What do you dislike?

I haven't gotten used to using a different meeting room each time I need to access the room. Basically, after having Zoom downloaded onto your desktop, you can open a room extremely quick and then send out the link to other people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to ask as many questions as possible.

I am recording demonstrations, creating tutorials, doing onboarding and online training. Really, I am doing everything virtual that I previously had to do in person or over the phone.

I've realized that video conferencing should be extremely easy. Having used Webex in the past, it was always a pain to get a conference meeting scheduled.

Zoom review by Elizabeth F.
Elizabeth F.

"Very Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up a meeting time and it provides a copy and paste invitation to send out to participants. The university has a campus wide account for all faculty, staff, and students, so we're easily able to get in touch with vendors, traveling faculty, etc. It has an easy to use chat that allows you to communicate with everyone, or a single participant. Screen sharing makes it easy to show the other participants a presentation and/or resource (although there's a window sizing issue, as I share in the dislike section).

What do you dislike?

As I don't have a web camera or a microphone, but join by computer, the system gets a little confused (I use chat to communicate, but am usually just listening to a presentation) and will frequently prompt me to join by audio. When someone screens hares, it defaults to full screen for everyone. As I'm often trying to have multiple windows and resources pulled up, this is an inconvenience. It does it every time there is a switch between individuals sharing their screen as well, so it can be a frequent thing to have happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest in a simple mic and camera.

We hired a vendor from out of state to do a website redesign. However, it wasn't in the budget for them to do site visits, or for us to visit them. Instead, we were able to have these meetings to discuss needs, look at design elements, etc. through a Zoom web conference.

Zoom review by Evans O.
Evans O.

"Excellent Application - Awesome Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the Zoom App's screenshare. It is really good and have not experienced any glitches with it. The videos are normally very clear and have not experienced issues with it. It also uses very minimal bandwidth and thus does not use a lot of CPU RAM. Have really enjoyed being able to talk to people around the world using Zoom

What do you dislike?

When more than one person is sharing their screen, you might have a problem if they don't tell you that they are sharing it as you can't share more than one screen at a go. They should come up with a feature that allows you to share more than one screen at a time. Also if you are using Zoom and have not paid for a premium account, after about 40 minutes on a call it disconnects. This is a bit irritating as it interferes with meetings and getting all the participants of a meeting after it disconnects can sometimes be tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoom is a very good application especially for businesses. It is easy to use, easy to customize and very easy to scale to your companies operations. Zoom also has a very good scheduling system that makes it very easy to plan and sync with your teams even in other countries

Been able to communicate constantly between different countries, sharing documents fast. Zoom has also enabled our teams to have the ability to record trainings from people in other countries.

Zoom review by Lindsay H.
Lindsay H.

"Amazing Product"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and the quality is top par. We never have issues connecting or hearing each other in our meetings. The ability to share screens is so useful for a company that has divisions in four different cities. I especially love that I can take over the mouse and remote in on someone else's screen. It makes it so much easier to assist coworkers and get results much quicker and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The calendar setup is not great as it doesn't directly connect to outlook in the sense that zoom can be an artificial room that people book. I think it would be great, if you set up Zoom as an outlook account user so other users can check the availability of the

When you have a company-wide account, you can all access via the same login code. Because of this, we have had issues where one person is in a meeting with a client and another person has

Zoom review by Cindy M.
Cindy M.

"Zoom Meeting Solutions"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to setup a meeting or conference. There are a lot of options as far as turning on/off your audience capabilities and interactions. You can record the meeting and download it or post it directly to a facebook page. My customer service rep was absolutely amazing. He did a training and walkthrough with me and answered all of my questions quickly.

What do you dislike?

The paid version to do conferences and large meetings is a bit on the pricey side. We used that version for about a year. There is a free version as well, but of course, it has a limited amount of capabilities. We still use the free version for our smaller meetings and events and use a different program for broadcasting to our larger audience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program and solution for meetings, presentations and online conferences. The customer service team are wonderful and very helpful and quick to answer questions and guide you. The paid version was on the expensive side for the amount of times we particularly used it. We recognize the value though and will opt to sign back up with a paid account when our needs change and we can use it more frequently to get the most from it. The free version is working great for our current needs though.

We originally got a Zoom account to do weekly conferences with one of our Corporate people to broadcast to our viewers across the country. It was very effective. It was easy for everyone to login for free and watch the broadcast. It was also a good way for me to monitor who was attending. I was also able to record the conference, download and make a few edits before I uploaded to facebook. So that was convenient to be able to do. Now, we use it on a smaller scale for short meetings and team chats where we have video and can all see each other. It's a great solution, especially when you have people scattered around various locations.

Zoom review by Lina M.
Lina M.

"Easy-to-use Video Conferencing Tool"

What do you like best?

I love Zoom! It is the most reliable and easy-to-use videoconferencing tool I have ever used. I have tried Google Hangouts, Skype, GoToMeeting, and various other teleconferencing tools in the past, and Zoom is by far the best. I have lead remote teams in the past, and Zoom makes it simple to stay connected with my team across state and country lines. It requires no signing in once downloaded onto your computer, and has mobile apps as well. Zoom is a very versatile tool.

What do you dislike?

Zoom's price point is higher than other videoconferencing tools. For reliable tools, price certainly is the differentiating factor. Although other tools are free, such as Skype, they are limiting in terms of the number of participants and the overall quality of the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would encourage users to try Zoom as a free trial, which allows for 40 minute calls. For longer calls, you will need to pay for a subscription fee.

I use Zoom for a wide range of business problems -- from connecting team members virtually to providing demos and sales calls. Zoom has helped my team stay more connected through virtual "face-to-face" meetings, rather than simple phone calls which often don't help with communication.

Zoom review by Kelsey H.
Kelsey H.

"Easier phone and video conferences"

What do you like best?

Zoom has thought of the small details - for example, their invites include a touch-to-call dial-in option from a smart phone where they auto enter the meeting ID. On other tools, when calling from a cell phone, I have to toggle between the invite and the keypad to enter a 6+ digit access code.

What do you dislike?

I've been very satisfied and Zoom has met my needs -- any feedback is probably based more on our company's settings/access levels than the product itself

Recommendations to others considering the product

In early days, you can cover your bases with Google Hangouts (assuming most of the people w/ whom you're speaking are also on Google), UberConference or other free conference call hosts, etc. However, the ease of use, the polish, the professionalism of a system of a Zoom becomes pretty compelling once your team gets larger or spans multiple offices.

Better coordination across in-office and remote workforce, easier communication with partners, customers, prospects. Need for a more consistent and professional comms system (historically, teams had used a blend of GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts, UberConference)

Zoom review by Jorge C.
Jorge C.

"Very reliable platform"

What do you like best?

The fact that people could connect to a Zoom meeting or Webinar with lower bandwidth connections (between 2 a 10 megabits per second). I also like the quality of the video transmitted and the speed of the interface for functions such as sharing the screen or changing between a PC and an IOS device.

What do you dislike?

While the webinar functions are enough for conducting decent webinars (including polls, markup tools, etc.), the platform still lacks integration with other tools such as autoresponders (i.e. ConvertKit, Active Campaign, etc.).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the best platforms for both virtual meetings and webinars based on their reliability and almost zero lag time for users. Moreover, they are investing in their infrastructure to achieve a leadership position within the next few years.

We are using Zoom for conducting webinars, for our team meetings (which happen across the continent) and for 1 to 1 consultation sessions with customers.

Zoom review by Holly B.
Holly B.

"It doesn't get any easier and more user -friendly than this"

What do you like best?

The title of my review says it all; doesn't get any easier and more user -friendly than this. I've used several programs for web-conferencing and this is one of my very top pics. I like that it really is easy to navigate and has several great features. Of course, video conference capabilities are great, but being able to screen share and even have a drawing board is awesome. There is also a recording feature that I really like.

What do you dislike?

There are multiple services you can opt to have (depending on what you want to pay/not pay for). With the basic (free) service, there are some limited options (meeting duration is one of them). However, it's still a great service, even if you use the free version.

I've worked virtual for several years! Seeing co-workers and clients has been great. Also recording meetings has been very valuable. I like the ease of scheduling and inviting meetings and attendees.

Zoom review by Mykolas C.
Mykolas C.

"Fantastic video conferencing tool"

What do you like best?

Zoom take a simple concept - online meetings - and transforms it into a seamless and flexible user experience. With Zoom, I can choose to have a video or non-video call, share my screen or not share my screen, and call in via computer or call in via phone. Connection quality is consistent and downtime is nonexistent. They even have a helpful Google Calendar connector, so it only takes 1 button press to add Zoom to a new or existing meeting invitation.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes take a while for the program to start. There are some workflow oddities with the connector to Google Calendar; if I create an event while someone else's (besides my own) Google calendar is visible on my screen, the "Make it a Zoom Meeting" button fails to add the Zoom call to the meeting. It would also be nice to customize the message that Zoom inserts into Google Calendar events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! Great software and great experience with this product. Zoom is much better than Google Hangouts, the previous software we used for our meeting solution

I use Zoom to connect with clients and facilitate internal meetings. Problems with free options like Google Hangouts are mitigated with Zoom as the quality and UX/UI are much better and consistent. I have also used solutions like Skype, but have had a much worse experience. Benefits have been smoother meetings that can be setup with fewer steps and executed more efficiently.

Zoom review by Meghann S.
Meghann S.