Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

(867 reviews)

ZoomInfo is a growth acceleration platform delivering accurate and actionable contact and business information to empower your sales, marketing, and recruiting teams.

Work for ZoomInfo?

Learning about ZoomInfo?

ZoomInfo Reviews

Ask ZoomInfo a Question
Showing 879 ZoomInfo reviews
ZoomInfo review by Chelsea R.
Chelsea R.

"Couldn't do my job without it!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of access with ZoomInfo and the amount of accurate information that the website has. My corporation pays for the upgraded membership and without this tool, I could not do my job daily. I have been nothing but pleased with everything ZoomInfo has offered us!

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything. The new update made the platform even better and I am pleased with everything that ZoomInfo has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will make your life so much easier. This cuts my prospecting time in half and saves me from the hassle of obtaining the right information from gatekeepers to get access to the individuals that I want to meet. Many C-Levels are impressed that I was able to find them and know so much about their work history - however, I do not give up my secret of ZoomInfo!

Often times I need C-level individuals information and do not want to have to bother them without scheduled time, so I find it very easy to go to ZoomInfo in order to find this information quickly and with accuracy. I also love that I can find who else may be important to know at the company so that while I am reaching out, I am making sure everyone who is necessary in the process is included on all conversations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about ZoomInfo
ZoomInfo review by Ross M.
Ross M.

"One of the easiest ways to prospect "

What do you like best?

I like that I can take our ICP from a company and customer standpoint, and find prospects within minutes. Not only am I able to find them quickly but the contact information is much more up to date than some of the other tools I've used in the past.

What do you dislike?

I think that there could be easier to surface information about the companies themselves, but the I'm really in need of the specific employee info that they have tons of

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're interested then at least go through the trial and see if you can get better prospects, quicker than you have in the past. If you're able to get more, quicker than it works for you like it did for us

Trying to make it easier for our sales team to get better direct contact information for our prospects. Have been able to get more prospects quicker than we have been able to in the past.

What Sales Intelligence solution do you use?

ZoomInfo review by Richard U.
Richard U.

"Best source of data in my industry we have found yet"

What do you like best?

Well sourced clean data within the healthcare sector is incredibly hard to find. The fact that my vertical has been cracked wide open with Zoominfo's specific tag searches is incredibly powerful. Along with an awesome super responsive CS team who has done their fair share of making me the superuser in our office in under 2 months.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find anything I dislike. I am patiently waiting for more filters when adding company traits but have already been informed it's on the roadmap for 2019

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the trial period a go and break as many things as possible. Once you break them the Zoominfo team will put the pieces back together and get you back in the game fast

As mentioned above. Clean data in the healthcare sector is hard to find. Even harder is clean contact info with all the correct lines and emails for those prospects. Because of Zoom I can prospect harder and faster than ever before.

ZoomInfo review by Ariel M.
Ariel M.

"Make's Life Easy"

What do you like best?

I like that I can do an extremely specified search. I like that I can search for buyer, purchasers and procurement. Then look under the manufacturing industry and get more specific if I want. I like to use industrial and auto under that segment. I prefer to use people and companies in the US. I also like that I can change the management level to either add prospects or eliminate some.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could see how many people/companies I have clicked on. That way I can keep better track of my 2k look ups per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. It is easier to use than other programs, more accurate information, and the cost is not bad.

We were looking to get past the gate keeper and to get better information about the companies and people we are prospecting. One benefit I just discovered was all the information provided about a business. What type of products and services they offer, who their competitors are.

ZoomInfo review by Jay  B.
Jay B.

"Excellent software for prospecting"

What do you like best?

Being able to find specific contacts for companies and multiple locations. Also, the ability to find every location in the world for each business and have the contacts broken down by location. The target account ability and being able to submit a list of account and have that list come back with the contact you are looking for is amazing

What do you dislike?

Best way to describe my dislike is to give an example. My territory is South Carolina, if I am looking for a contact and that company is headquartered in South Carolina, there is no way filter the location of the employees. It will show every contact in and out of South Carolina. This is only a problem if you are dealing with a very large account with multiple locations. The number of contact found can exceed 1000 easily and it can be very difficult to sort through the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a fantastic tool for prospecting and to better understand your customers. Would strongly recommend this to any sales person or team.

I deal with a lot of fortune 500 companies and it is hard to even get in the door, let alone get the proper contact information. ZoomInfo allows me to contact people within the orginization directly, bypassing most gatekeepers. One of the hardest pieces of information to get is an email and direct phone number, Zoominfo makes this a breeze.

ZoomInfo review by Diana D.
Diana D.

"User for life! My sales performance has improved tremendously!"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about ZoomInfo is how user friendly it is. ZoomInfo makes it extremely easy to run a quick search, whether you are trying to locate a specific company or contact. I usually search by company first, and am able to find a handful of contacts to choose from - if not, more! My goal when calling into a company is to locate Accounting and Finance professionals. If I cannot find a person with the job title I am looking for, I have found it is beneficial to call on a few different contacts and ask to be directed from there. People generally like to help people, and since most have their direct phone numbers listed I can call in and ask for their help in directing me to the right person. Another thing I like about ZoomInfo is that the direct email addresses are listed for each contact. I have found this to be extremely helpful because after calling and leaving a message for someone, I will follow up with an email. It is funny that today's world is scared of the phone, but people don't overlook many emails!

What do you dislike?

I do not necessarily dislike anything about ZoomInfo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend ZoomInfo if you are in any sort of business development position! The amount of information available at your finger tips is amazing; it truly cuts out a lot of time wasted on research.

With ZoomInfo, I am able to solve many business problems - many benefits include: finding contacts within certain departments, having the direct contact phone number and email listed, as well as the address of the company listed. I work in sales for a staffing company, and my goal is to connect with Accounting and Finance professionals. ZoomInfo makes my job a lot easier!

ZoomInfo review by Eric J.
Eric J.

"Excellent too for grabbing up to date contact information"

What do you like best?

I like how there are many mid-market and smaller companies details. Also like the interface/layout of the software it is very easy to use.

I like how the search automatically breaks up search words into different keywords automatically.

What do you dislike?

Many old contacts are still listed, people who've left the company, old numbers etc...

Why can I not make a suggestion if I have the correct info?

I find myself cross referencing with linkedin every search to make sure I'm reaching out to the correct person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and powerful, and now that data.com is sunsetting this is a great database for saving your team time.

Saving a lot of time searching for the correct person to speak with.

Huge benefit's in mapping orgs quickly and finding the right dm. I save hours a week using zoominfo and it seems to be a much better product than it's competitors, at least for our market.

ZoomInfo review by Gaurav P.
Gaurav P.

"Business Development Manager"

What do you like best?

The ability to identify potential prospects and reach out to them via email/direct dial. I also like the ability to make lists and append to my current database/CRM.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not that much. There is time when I need to enter the website of a company opposed to the company name to get access to contacts. I feel account management for ZoomInfo should do a better job of talking with their current client base. When I have a problem with ZoomInfo I am always talking with my sales rep not the dedicated account manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be able to better understand what you want ZoomInfo to do for you. This is a very powerful tool and can make both sale/marketing job easier.

Finding companies that are similar to the ones that are already buying from me. Being able to append my current database/CRM.

ZoomInfo review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Great for Lead Contact Info and Account Based Marketing"

What do you like best?

The accuracy of this product when gathering contact emails and numbers to be used in marketing and other drip campaigns is very useful. The filters available to narrow the results make it easy to quickly find the people you're looking for. The support and training provided by the staff is very helpful and makes using the product easier.

What do you dislike?

While great for contact info at small to large corporations. Even smaller startup contacts are lacking, but understandable for how they acquire the info. Even with the use of Chrome which it is optimized for, the in browser platform can sometimes be a bit sluggish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can be a bit pricey, but you truly get what you pay for in user satisfaction and quality leads.

Appending, but also finding new leads in similar targeted business verticals. ZoomInfo has streamlined some of our processes by making work that used to take hours achievable in minutes depending on list size. We have received less bounces from our email campaigns. An example is 1 hard bounce from a list of 1000 contacts. The results speak for themselves.

ZoomInfo review by Andrew T.
Andrew T.

"Zoominfo - prospecting necessity "

What do you like best?

I use ZoomInfo on a daily basis to prospect and avoid calling into and working through gatekeepers. Having direct lines and emails are very useful for these aspects. I use their browser extension on company websites as well to gain more than contact information as well. I also like how I'm able to compartmentalize companies and furthermore, departments within. The "Job Title" input field can be used to further define your end result.

What do you dislike?

Because of the ineffectiveness and lack of development in other areas of ZoomInfo (besides "Search"), there is much I don't like or even use on ZoomInfo. There are many other platforms on the market now that can do exactly what ZoomInfo does, if not more! The Build feature would be effective if your company does not have another CRM (SalesForce, or something home-grown). However, it may be most effective with smaller companies who can't afford those big-box names.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ZoomInfo works best when used in conjunction with another prospecting tool, IE Sales Nav, or even LinkedIn works

ZoomInfo allows me to prospect and set up call sheets for the next day in order to effectively prioritize my calls per day. I am typically able to identify who I want to contact, but often get hung up on gatekeepers - in whatever capacity, whether it be their incompetence or their inability to let me through to the next level - using ZoomInfo, I'm able to bypass many of those barriers.

ZoomInfo review by Nick R.
Nick R.

"Just can't live without it!"

What do you like best?

It makes my entire team 10 x more efficient at finding the correct contacts in the right companies. Armed with just a name, we get their Direct Line and up-to-date email more than half of the time in our industry.

The data is GREAT - it's incredibly accurate for our use-case.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the process of spending "credits" to export the data from ZoomInfo into Salesforce. A number of credits are included with your annual subscription, but eventually you must pay extra to export bulk data.

Good news is, you can still manually copy and paste data from ZoomInfo to Salesforce for free.

We've created a prospecting process that works. Every day, my team is finding more qualified leads to target. We're seeing the benefit of MORE CONVERSATIONS on the phone, because we're ONLY calling the right people with direct lines.

ZoomInfo review by Craig R.
Craig R.

"Best software for direct phone numbers. "

What do you like best?

The amount of information is great. You always have the contact info available & direct phone numbers. I have not seen many sites give you direct phone numbers. Great site to use for prospecting. It also allows you to find the LinkedIn profiles in a breeze. Though it is a bit expensive but it is worth the extra cost when compared to other competitors.

What do you dislike?

It's slightly priced on the higher side & its not easy to export contacts. You have to use credits which is very hardly about 3000 & then in the long term you have to keep buying more to create lists & export contacts. There are a lot of contacts which is not updated for over 2 years. There is also no option for users to suggest that the contact is wrong, only an option to mark as a duplicate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if your budget permits. It's a great too to get you the right contacts. You don't waste time on dial by name or speaking to the operators. You have to get multiple licences for every sales guy which is quite a task but okay when you see the benefits.

Finding the right phone numbers without having to go through the operator. Less wastage of time. It is crucial to have the right phone number as you can reach the prospect whenever you want. Where there is no dial by name, direct phone numbers is the way to go.

ZoomInfo review by Taylor L.
Taylor L.

"Zoom Info can help find almost ANY contact you need."

What do you like best?

Web page is easy to navigate and majority of all contacts are verified. Most of the contacts always have a direct number, EXT, and phone number. Also, the plug in easily helps navigate linkedin and from there it is much easier to investigate the individual being searched. In a healthcare setting this is very important in order to be able to "vet" possible healthcare professionals

What do you dislike?

There are missing emails and phone numbers when using the plug in via linkedin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great and makes prospecting SO much easier.

Getting a hold of company sponsors is the hardest part of my job, using this website makes it easy to find as many contacts as I can until the correct individual is reached.

ZoomInfo review by Martin Y.
Martin Y.

"ZoomInfo Helps So Much"

What do you like best?

I love zoom info. it helps a lot when i need to know the org updates of a company or need a contact's email/phone number. There's been many times where a lead will enter a wrong contact info and ZoomInfo helps me to retrieve the correct contact info. Makes prospecting a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

Most times it is accurate. There has been very few times where there is no info on the account i need but overall great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ask for help/tutorial if you feel like youre not getting the most of it

Again this is helping me go above and beyond and finding key contacts in an organization that i need to go after. There's been many times where a lead will enter a wrong contact info and ZoomInfo helps me to retrieve the correct contact info. Makes prospecting a lot easier. So the problems being solved are finding right contacts to go after, the correct contact info, and the ability to help you source throughout a company and know who's involved in what function of the organization. I personally use it for HR and it helps me find the right HR contacts as well as the right people in Talent Acquisition to go after. From there it is not difficult to get the leads and contacts into salesforce. Once they are there I can prospect and go after the leads. So overall from a prospecting side it helps a lot.

ZoomInfo review by Austin G.
Austin G.

"Good contact info, poor info on employee count, strong SFDC integration"

What do you like best?

ZoomInfo's contact info is good. Phone numbers and emails are fairly reliable. Easy to import contacts into SalesForce when set up as a plugin. Also easy to search for accounts and contacts from within SalesForce, and import to create new contacts and accounts.

What do you dislike?

The employee counts are trash. Everything falls into a bucket (25, 50, 100, 375, etc.,) but when you look at the actual employees in the company, it can be far off from the stated number. For example, ZoomInfo says "375 employees" and when you actually click into the account to look at the employees, there might be 45.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for finding contact info for prospects. Not sure on the back end, but seems easy to connect to SalesForce, and strong ability to quickly import contacts on a one off basis, or in bulk. The contact information isn't perfect but is very good.

Ability to find companies, employees, and contact info is very good. Strong benefit for a sales organization.

ZoomInfo review by Mackenzie S.
Mackenzie S.

"You'll never find a perfect information scraping website"

What do you like best?

This platform is good at giving extra information about people. I can find board memberships and past education. I can also easily access further information about those relationships at a click of a button. I like the search capability a lot, especially since you do not have to pay for access that information.

What do you dislike?

Like with all of these websites, none of them are perfect, the main issue is that not all the information is updated regularly and you MUST check your work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend always checking your work on ZoomInfo. As previously stated, information is missing from the platform and you must make sure the people you are looking for still actually work at the institution you are looking up.

When you are creating a large database and need access to personal information, this is the best website to use. I have only tried out a few competitors, but based on that research, feel comfortable saying Zoom is superior.

ZoomInfo review by David C.
David C.

"Zoominfo helps us connect to potential clients"

What do you like best?

Zoominfo helps us connect to potential clients and saves us time searching for contact information. the best part for me personally is how fast that the information loads. It is really beneficial to be able to pull up info within seconds of someone and be able to verify that our records are correct. It saves us a lot of guesswork.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have experienced issues finding info that is completely up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product. It has been great for our sales team, and helped save a lot of time and effort. Zoominfo is an efficient way to get in touch with the right leads and a trustworthy way to know that you are getting the right information for the right people.

It provides us with information much faster than we could get it in other ways. We use zoominfo to fill out missing information from our leads list and also to verify that the people we are contacting have the proper information. It really helps us have peace of mind that we are wont look silly asking for the wrong people or calling the wrong numbers when reaching out to cold leads.

ZoomInfo review by Ashima J.
Ashima J.

"One of the best tools in the market for getting access to a slew of information"

What do you like best?

I use Zoominfo to find contact details of new prospects and it does a pretty good job 80% of the time. I'm able to scour the emails of people I'd like to reach out to easily by entering just the company name and location.

What do you dislike?

I think the data validity & availability is weak in some Asian markets. Also, I'd love for Zoominfo to have compatibility with LinkedIn so I can generate lists and extrapolate them directly into our CRM

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to get your sales people a tool for finding new accounts & prospects, ZoomInfo will definitely help in that process. Just be mindful of the market you're in - the older & more developed the market, the more likelihood of a better ROI on this product

I use Zoominfo more than twice a week to find prospect details and it works pretty decently most of the times!

ZoomInfo review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Great for Small and Medium Businesses"

What do you like best?

This tool has some of the best info that I've seen online. A TON of direct lines that are valid and email addresses that are accurate makes this a no-brainer.

Enhance feature is also an essential - goes above and beyond other data providers here.

What do you dislike?

UX could be updated - looks like it's something from the early 2000's

Doesn't allow users to share licenses (which could be a good thing, depending on how you look it at)

Info can be stale at times

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoominfo provides our team with info faster than we could get it using conventional methods. We use it to complete missing information from our leads list and also to verify that the people we are contacting have the proper information.

Great contact info and relatively inexpensive compared to other vendors. It has been great for our sales team and helped save time. It's one of the best ways to get in touch with the right leads and a trustworthy way to know that you are getting the right information for the right people.

ZoomInfo review by User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Best of the best sales tool for various industries and purposes. LOVE IT!"

What do you like best?

The contact search function as well as the ability to search for companies with locations in other countries. Oh and the news feed is GREAT! Allows you to gain real time knowledge of customers and prospects, showing yourself as the expert on their company and industry.

What do you dislike?

I am really reaching here to find something that I "dislike" because this is truly leagues ahead of any other tool I've used. But if I had to pick something I guess I would mention the contact view limit. But that is in place for security so again, really reaching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop considering and just do it.

In sales it can be very challenging to determine decision makers and gain relevant, real-time information about your customers and prospects. With ZoomInfo, not only is this available but it is extremely user friendly. I have used many tools similar to ZoomInfo but none that have compared. The ability to search for such specific criteria, to wide ranges of options, really does make this a tool that will serve our company well.

ZoomInfo review by User

"Easy to use, simple prospecting tool!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about ZoomInfo, is that it really simplifies the prospecting process. Whether you are looking for a way to narrow ZoomInfo's database by pre populated filters or looking for a way to contact a prospect (with a given name), you can find email, title, and contact info seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

I do find often that ZoomInfo has outdated information (such as a company or role switch) for sometimes individuals that have had changes +3 years ago. This does make it a bit more time consuming, as I am constantly checking LinkedIn to validate ZoomInfo information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A simple solution for those who are looking for a secondary, manual prospecting tool. Sufficient for finding right contacts, roles, and personal information (work email & phone line).

I'm solving how to generate prospects as with ZoomInfo. This allows me to contact individuals who may benefit from the services my company offers (sales intelligence data). I've been able to successfully connect with individuals who can potentially benefit from the services my company provides as well as gain customers from using ZoomInfo's data.

ZoomInfo review by David M.
David M.

"Can't ask for anything better"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the best about Zooom is the easiness to navigate. The astectices of it are also very nice, as it is very pleasing to the eye. The information is usually up to date.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how the emails/phone numbers are not already displayed. Also, Zoom should have a feature where they check and make sure the emails actually work. There has been many times where I'd reach out to people with an email from Zoom, and the email will not work. Many times also the app wll bug and log me out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say to 100% use Zoominfo.

I'm looking for people to reach out to, and I've realized Zoominfo makes it 10x easier. I also realized that this is the premier tool for anybody in charge of reaching out to people as their job. I can search for exactly what I want and find them even faster.

ZoomInfo review by Administrator in Renewables & Environment
Administrator in Renewables & Environment

"Zoominfo is a lifesaver!"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and updates contacts frequently. I love the list building function and that it can be imported directly into Salesforce. The support team has been helpful when I call and work with me to find solutions.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, there are bugs which can make you lose your data when searching for a prospect. Also, there are times when I get signed out when I am in the middle of a search. It would be very helpful for their to be an option to search for companies by square feet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It is so easy to use and everyday I learn a new function that Zoominfo has.

Prospecting clients. I have direct numbers and emails so I can easily reach out to potential customers. It is very useful to be able to search by titles and to select "person is at selected location" so I know the person I am calling is at the location I am interested in. Sine my business unit works in selected locations, it makes sense to only look for contacts in specific locations.

ZoomInfo review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Zoom 2.0 is the update I needed"

What do you like best?

I love the look of the site with the switch to 2.0 and how easy it is to navigate. Zoom has always been easy to use and pretty intuitive even when I couldn't find something but something about the switch to this new format has made that easier than ever. It has a clean look and the easily collapsible search fields are easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the data isn't the most up to date. I understand how hard it must be to keep millions of contacts up to date so I can't say it's a big detractor of using the site. I've found that Zoom has the most up to date info just a few months after I've found out about a change with one of my main contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool to help supplement your current process of developing leads, this is it. It has so many other features as well with videos for how to use some of the features based on your role within your company. The tools they give you to make the most of the product really help enhance your experience and give you no reason to not utilize it to the best of your ability.

ZoomInfo is helping me find the best contacts and leads within a health system, hospital, or medical group. Not only can I target specific departments, but I can also focus on different titles. Having different strategies has lead to success in my role and a constant source of new leads.

ZoomInfo review by Nathan W.
Nathan W.

"Great Service that helps you Win"

What do you like best?

The amount of frustration that one has to deal with when they don't have Zoominfo is ridiculous. One workday, Zoominfo went down (due to no fault of their own) and I remember what a crisis it was in the office. Everyone was upset that they had to manually search leads, therefore wasting hours of time. Zoominfo truly streamlines the process of converting leads to contacts to clients to revenue.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't know that I have much to criticize. I don't even want to try and imagine what our sales team would be like without Zoominfo. Even when they had a crash a week or so ago, our Zoominfo administrator worked with amazing customer support agents that helped us navigate our way through the fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy. 100%. Best thing you'll ever do to help your sales team and make sure that they have the tools they need to do their job. Since using Zoominfo, I have always felt that I can do my job most effectively as a sales development representative.

Time. Zoominfo saves an outrageous amount of time. Without it, we waste hours manually combing through Linkedin and other sources to try and find contact information.

ZoomInfo review by Adeeya P.
Adeeya P.

"Best Data Intelligence Software"

What do you like best?

ZoomInfo has more contact information than any other tools I have used. The accuracy of the information is accurate. The integration with our CRM is phenomenal. Our company is also using ZoomInfo Complete, their add-on feature - great feature. ZoomInfo's customer support is fantastic as well. We get resolution on the same day 90% of the time.

What do you dislike?

There are not many things I dislike about ZoomInfo. It will be good to have more detailed company information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will definitely recommend this product

- Highly targeted prospect lists for campaigning

- Keep our CRM clean and fill the holes in the data

- Contact Information of key decision makers

- Intuitive user interface

ZoomInfo review by Kate H.
Kate H.

"Great and accurate prospecting information"

What do you like best?

Zoominfo is one of the more accurate resources I've used in terms of finding prospects professional information. It brings it all together in a neat and tidy way and makes it easy to look up a specific person's info even if you don't have certain aspects to look up this person.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while for it to register new positions, so I've had issues with getting out dated info. It gives the last date of update so that you can be aware, however that is not always the most accurate.

I am able to find prospects information easily. It has more direct lines than other tools that I've used which makes getting in touch with people less of a hassle and more likely.

ZoomInfo review by User

"Very helpful tool for building out target account contacts"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool to find contact information for contacts at target accounts. I also like the new Newsfeed feature.

What do you dislike?

I would say ZoomInfo is helpful about 70% of the time. There are a number of contacts with only a phone number, or only an email. I also run into contacts who are no longer at a given company, so it's good to cross-reference with LinkedIn

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very helpful tool, I just wish the data was refreshed more often, and a bit more complete

As a startup, we're working to ramp up our marketing efforts. While it would be great to have a pure inbound lead flow, outbound if vital to the success of our business. ZoomInfo makes it a lot easier to build out contacts in target accounts so we can spend more time working to engage with people and less time hunting for contact info.

ZoomInfo review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"ZoomInfo has contact info on almost everyone"

What do you like best?

This was my first time using ZoomInfo and the tool has been incredible. Almost every contact I need information for, ZoomInfo has it and it's very accurate. It has a great integration with outreach through a chrome extension, so once I've added the prospect to outreach, I'm able to immediately update their contact information. Lastly, ZoomInfo makes prospecting extremely efficient with the ability to export prospects into Outreach and Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

The new outreach integration has been great, but it creates a lot of duplicate issues. Another issue is that about once a month, the website goes down for about a couple hours (unscheduled), usually right in the middle of the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ZoomInfo is the industry leader in contact information

No longer have to guess prospects email/phone number. ZoomInfo has it all. Makes the sales job very efficient with Outreach and Salesforce integrations

ZoomInfo review by Timothy k.
Timothy k.

"ZoomInfo User Review"

What do you like best?

-Simplified and easy method to get contacts of people in different companies across the world.

-Allows users to identify the number of employees in an organization, the revenue cap, and the year the company has been in existence. This allows users to create company profiles for the purposes of lead research.

What do you dislike?

-Some companies have not subscribed to the services hence not all the contacts are found.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Sometimes it is not possible to get some contacts. If the search parameters can widen to capture words or character stings that may not necessarily have a 1:1 match to something like 80% match, it may help to get those contacts that companies may have given another name.

Getting customers has been simplified because you can specifically profile a company through industry, number of clients or the revenue cap. This feature helps companies to identify potential clients and also potential customers.

ZoomInfo review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Pathetic customer service"

What do you like best?

lead generation. capturing business leads data

What do you dislike?

They treat customers as if it doesn't matter to them if we use their product or not. Absolutely terrible customer experience. Its none of their business that how our business gets affected with their pathetic customer service, they simply don't give it a shit. Money is what they care about and nothing else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoominfo has data but if you want zoominfo to support you after you buy their product, provides you with the service that you need to be successful, then don't even think of buying zoominfo. They would never ever ever ever prioritize your problems and even consider them as a problem and enforce what they believe is right. No customer experience, don't even expect this. I have found Zoominfo to be the worst ever software vendor I've ever worked. Simply pathetic customer service.

contact details

ZoomInfo review by Travis S.
Travis S.

"Great Experience"

What do you like best?

So far, the access to contact information has been good. Where there are holes in the data they provide a few options to refine your query so that you can pull the most accurate data you need. I personally like that it is fairly quick and easy to use and allows time to edit and refine your specific data set before being credited for that data set.

What do you dislike?

When pulling lists, there can be confusion about what companies were needed for the data pull and some junk info has come back as well, but that could be due to using a '12 month' Last Update feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend going through a couple of demonstration of their platform, then dive in yourself and test it out. For me, this is a product that you have to really test in order to see the full benefits. Primarily, building lists and pulling names out of the database was the biggest test. I think they're doing a good job, and considering the parameters I use it has been fairly accurate information.

Not problem solving, but benefiting from updated contact info for marketing campaigns.

ZoomInfo review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Marketing List Creation"

What do you like best?

I like how much detail there is when you export the data. He Industry information can really help us to get to the right people in a particular industry. Also the ease of use when doing searches is very good. Not have to type in every single type of title but instead having them grouped together by vertical if you will helps us to get all of the right people.

What do you dislike?

How many credits it takes to get a list downloaded and the fact that you can only choose a 10 or 25 miles radius. It would be nice to have a smaller radius to choose from. In the past you had an option to look at the competitors of a particular company. I haven't been able to find that in this version and I am hopeful you can bring it back because that was very helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Zoominfo is a great product to use for big picture searches and for touching a lot of people at one time. You will need to sig into the functionality more to really utilize it to it's fullest potential.

It helps us to grow our database of information and users and it helps us to keep track of changes in the upper levels of our clients. This tool also gives us insight into other areas and marketplaces by seeing how many of the types of people we sell to can be found in a geographic area.

ZoomInfo review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"head of channels"

What do you like best?

great database of contacts. The ability to set a multitude of different search criteria make it very easy to narrow in on a specific vertical. The company was very easy to work with. Great sales contact and immediately provided a trial version of the product.

What do you dislike?

no marketing functionality. This is not a major deal as the company does have several integration partners that can fill this void. However, it is sometimes nice to have this functionality integrated. I am sure they will get there at some point. It is a bit too early to state much more about the dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We evaluated several competitors and this was the best fit for my team. Easy integration into SF and Outreach.io is being used to automate the follow up process.

Finding prospects contact information. The benefit is not having to do multiple searches to collect data. Without a tool like Zoom you will spend hours on social media sites like linkedin, scouring Google and otherwise wasting time that should be spent prospecting.

ZoomInfo review by Jim P.
Jim P.

"An essential tool for my role in business development"

What do you like best?

Ability to generate lists of prospective clients by geographical region, industry, job title, size of company by employees and revenue etc. I can run a report of CFO's in biotech, companies of 50-100 employees in Southern California within seconds - that's powerful. Also the ability to quickly and easily get direct contact details for decision makers within my target companies. I need to be able to reach that person so having their direct phone number is vital. Oh, and the fact it integrates with Salesforce so I can import new leads easily saves me a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

Logging in. It used to be a quick and easy auto login right to the search screen - now I have to start at home page, presumably to see the ads posted there. Some data entries aren't correct or are outdated. I appreciate that people come and go from companies and move around, but some contacts are old and outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the 20 minute webex training session, make sure you're getting the most from the platform. Learn how to effectively create lists within the system as its one of the best ways to create focused lists of potential customers, complete with contact details.

New business development. Generating contacts and contact details within potential sales leads, generating lists of potential future customers. Definitely seen a benefit of time saving and efficiency. Direct phone numbers and e-mail addresses are essential for sales and new business development.

ZoomInfo review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"Amazinggggggggggg app"

What do you like best?

I really like that I could find a lot of people I know in the web page and actually realize that all the information is accurate because all their job titles, their accurate head quarters phones from the places they are working in and sometimes also even their personal numbers were correct so that means I could find anyone and easily get in contact with them just thanks to zoominfo!!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that refresing the page means strating from zero. I mean, if you refresh or go back in the searcher it literally goes aaaall the way back to the first page or the beggining of your search so I had to start all over again going forward page by page until I found the page I was looking at and I am talking about the lists of people in the title and company search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think in USA is more accurate than in UK. Take care with that

When I was using zoominfo it was helping me a lot to find relevant people for new jobs and contacting them. I was also exporting this information to other tools we were using like my own email or outlook and I really liked that because I did not have to do it manually like in a lot of different pages I found, like I think Hunter, sometimes I found the information but I just had it there and if I wanted to save it I had to do it manually. I think is really beneficial for any commercial- recruitment companies!!

ZoomInfo review by Edmund Ivan V.
Edmund Ivan V.

"Difficulty in getting data out of non-U.S. countries via zip and state/province query."

What do you like best?

I like the way that the processing just takes a few minutes to complete. The tool makes it easier for our team to load records and prevent duplicates from being created provided that we run a match against a suppression list.

IT helps us update existing records from our database in a couple of minutes and run a duplicate check using the suppression files that we have to load every week. We just managed to provide our sales team with detailed instructions based on how they can help us narrow down their query and provide records that will have to be loaded to our database.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty in getting results when you use non U.S. zip codes (eg UK) or state names. You will still have to filter your data after redeeming in order to ensure that you are just getting the records specific to a particular country. We do hope that the tool will also be applicable to other countries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We noticed that the location filters are more accurate if you will use the City/State/Country fields

ZoomInfo review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Solid but could be better"

What do you like best?

I love that Zoominfo will find direct phone numbers occasionally. They also seem to have a pretty high rate of being able to identify email addresses as well, solid database of info. I use the Chrome extension all the time, very helpful. I only occasionally use Zoominfo's actual site to mine leads, since we do most of our lead mining directly from Sales Navigator, but we gather a lot of our info from Zoominfo before exporting the lead from LinkedIn.

What do you dislike?

The email addresses can be very hit and miss with their accuracy. Plus I wish there were solutions out there that provided a company name in a normal format (e.g. not having INC, LLC, etc. in the company name). I'd love to be able to pull a list of leads from Zoominfo and plug them right into an email campaign and pull in their name, title, and company name without any formatting issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good platform, best one I've used in this space thus far (only used Data.com and Datanyze).

Zoominfo allows us to more quickly mine new leads and prospect more efficiently. Getting direct numbers has been the single biggest thing. We have our own way of figuring out a prospect's email, so that part isn't as big to us as getting the number is.

ZoomInfo review by Maria José H.
Maria José H.

"Find exactly what you are looking for in Zoominfo!"

What do you like best?

Every time I need to find someone on a specific company, zoominfo saves me a lot of time and just finds all the contact details for me in a second and even providing numbers and email addresses! Exactly what any sales company need!

I really like that is super fast and even if you don't find exactly the number or email address of the person you are looking for, you can find their colleagues so normally you get their Head Quarters number or the format of the email address so it is eases to guess theirs and I can tell I did this a looot of times and yes, It does work almost the 100% of the times I tried!!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the phone number or email is not really accurate or sometimes I can't find the person I am looking for because that person changed roles recently and zoominfo is not updated yet. This is a bit boring because I spent time on doing the search and then I am in the same place as before when this happens, with nothing (no information about the prospect).

Another thing I don't like is the fact that every time I enter in a profile and go back, i goes to page number one and maybe I was in page number 5 of the results and I have to go all the way back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is just very useful when you don't have any information about the company/ department/ specific person you are trying to connect with, it saves you a lot of time on guessing avoiding bounces on emails or not in service numbers!

Finding email addresses and phone numbers in a second from prospects that I am trying to connect with!

ZoomInfo review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Zoominfo is very useful for searching for potential client information and prospecting. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ability to search by level in company. Has helped me generate lists of over 300+ companies that I had previously been unable to find contact information for.

What do you dislike?

Some newer companies are slower to populate data on the site, but it is also worth mentioning that some of the information is out of date- many employees for some companies have left said companies over a year ago, yet they are still listed under the company information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ZoomInfo is perfect for prospecting and building potential client data lists. Caution must be taken as some of the people's information listed have out of date information, or duplicate profiles for different companies. Overall it is a great site for quickly finding information, including emails and personal numbers. Has definitely changed the speed at which we are able to prospect companies.

Helps in building lists for reaching out about our own services, general prospecting. This has been useful for both personal emailing and 'mass emails' sent out by our ad services.

ZoomInfo review by Eugene G.
Eugene G.

"Zoom Info Connections "

What do you like best?

Zoom Info gives you contact data you can't find on LinkedIn or Google searches. The ability to email or call directly to the people you need to speak with is Key. The creation of a list or the ability to build a list is very useful. Searching within companies for certain areas of the US helps to get you to the correct person. The adjustment of the search in months helps to eliminate people that are no longer at the company.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the different sectors that are set up in Zoom Info. Need to expand them. Some sectors that have developed in the new markets are still not showing. Only had the issue once but system updates can create issues for a short period of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is worth the spend to get it.

ZoomInfo is allowing leads to be converted to business contracts. I am able to by pass the gatekeepers and speak directly with the decision makers. I have used the descriptions of the companies given by ZoomInfo to update and inform my Vice President on the leads I am pursuing. The SIC and the NAIC codes make it even easier to locate companies similar to clients we currently work with. The similar company area gives you 3 to 4 new leads with out creating a new search criteria for companies within ZoomInfo.

ZoomInfo review by Nicholas F.
Nicholas F.

"Zoominfo is the best platform on the market for prospecting reserach"

What do you like best?

direct lines, babyyyyy

Search by: Technology is starting to include a lottt of different, smaller, industry-specific technology. this is a game changer.

What do you dislike?

saving and organizing targeting lists can be difficult; it would be awesome if there was an account mapping tool integrating into it

More 'Serach by : Technology' features - zoom is just starting to put my industrys competitors in there, so very excited about that, but not quite usable just yet

More insight into how to use the tool to map industry & market

Recommendations to others considering the product

any outreach level work, go with zoom

SDR / RevGen is most ideal for us; demgen eventually for us

ZoomInfo review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Zoominfo is a must have for your sales team!"

What do you like best?

I love how fast and accurate the information is available to me and my sales team. It has really helped drive our business and take our performance to the next level.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much that I dislike about ZoomInfo, they have done a great job at adding new content and staying up to date with the latest plugins and trends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't miss out on this great product, it has really helped our sales teams get better results. No brainer!

ZoomInfo enables me to find accurate contact info for all of my prospects with direct numbers, direct emails, the technology used and job history.

ZoomInfo review by Britton W.
Britton W.

"Incredible Tool for Sales"

What do you like best?

Access to countless accounts that can turn into great leads. It gives updated information on C-Level executives that I need to contact. Super easy and user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I can't find an account. Other than that, I don't have a lot of dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need sales leads or verified contacts and management levels, this is the product. I match these against LinkedIn and I have had great success.

Contacts. I've turned Zoom searches into meetings. I've realized the benefit of having this service due to the meetings I've been able to book. I've had some meetings that have become proposals for our company.

ZoomInfo review by Kaulana S.
Kaulana S.

"Lowest bounced emails. So-so UX."

What do you like best?

I ran a test between Zoominfo, DiscoverOrg, and Datanyze. Zoominfo brought back the highest number of Contacts. Additionally, ZI's bounce rate between the three was the lowest: about 75% of the emails went through.

If you are doing an Account-Based approach, you can open each Account in SFDC and manually find the contacts you want in the SFDC integration.

There's also a feature called "Build" that allows you to run a list of Accounts via CSV and have it build specific contacts - so if you have a list of Accounts assigned, then you can get a CSV back with all the Contacts you were looking for. This is also a "Dislike" - see below.

Customer Service is good, not great. The Support Staff is a bit slow to respond - but there's a phone number that you can call to get immediate-ish help (they'll call you back if you leave a message). I found that talking to my Account Manager was the best way to get good help.

What do you dislike?

Their product is fulfilling probably 80% of their vision - but certainly misses the mark at times.

For example, using the Build Tool would save my reps a ton of time - IN THEORY. But the reality is, there's no substitute for the accuracy you get when building accounts one at a time. For example: when I load a CSV with 100 accounts with the intention to get 3 contacts per account, I'll end up with 200 contacts. Upon further inspection, I'll find that only 60 of the accounts pulled in contacts, and then some of the accounts pulled in like 12 "CEO's". There's ways to restrict what's pulled, but ZI doesn't have a way to guarantee that the ONE CEO it pulled is the one that you need. So then the rep uses up time to double-check the Build Tool results... and then it uses as much time as it would have if they built the Contacts one account at a time.

Another issue with the product is trying to deal with companies that have generic-sounding names. For example, if you pull up an account with a name like "Bridge Group", you might end up pulling in the CEO for "Bridge Consulting", the CFO for "The Bridge Group", and the COO for "Bridge Investments". This is the same with organizations with multiple subsidiaries with similar names... try sorting out "YMCA" or "Goodwill Industries", for example. They have multiple Account names, website URLs, and email domains. It's a mess with ZoomInfo.

The biggest complaint for me is that there hasn't really been much innovation since buying ZI over 3 years ago. They have a new UI (v2.0), which is nice, but a lot of it is still a little buggy.

I end up keeping Zoominfo thought because of the end product, which is accurate Contact information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use the Build Tool. It takes a few times to get it right. In theory, it's a time saver (but you may need to fine tune how you use it).

Building Contacts for existing named Accounts within Salesforce. Updating Account information and keeping Contacts up to date.

Because of ZI, we have been able to prospect into accounts at scale. We have also been able to get the majority of an Account's Contact information and in theory cut down on the busy work for my team.

ZoomInfo review by Fatima P.
Fatima P.

"ZoomInfo a great tool for increasing ROI with lead generation"

What do you like best?

I really find ZoomInfo a great tool when you have clear the campaigns you are working on.

The search option its terrific, it allow to filter by industry, type of business, location, revenue, etc.

It works quickly when looking for contact info.

ZoomInfo it is truly a big data base with complete and updated quality info of the leads. It helps to save a lot of time and money.

It helps a lot when cold calling, because the info of the lead is right there, so there is no need for investing time into building it.

Allow to share access to another team member such a virtual assistant, so you can delegate and be more productive. And it is also amazing that the information can be exported.

What do you dislike?

I find ZoomInfo well elaborated but if I could think in something to improve I would recommend to work more on the data from outside US. And even though the price is higher than others I think is still a profitable way of investing money and the ROI is pretty much guaranteed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great investment. I would definitely recommend it when looking for speeding up results.

A lot. Definitely I would say that it saves, time, money and efforts when you are cold calling and do not waste time into building list, trying to pass the gatekeepers, etc. It provided a lot of info about the lead, so we really could know if our service was a fit.

ZoomInfo review by Tim A.
Tim A.

"ZoomInfo Review"

What do you like best?

ZoomInfo's powerful database of prospective sales contacts makes prospecting much easier. It's data is up-to-date and has many more contacts then some of the other databases I've seen

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue I've run into with ZoomInfo is when I import a contact and they do not have an email address associated with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Right tool for a sales org looking to find more contacts

ZoomInfo makes prospecting much easier, as I know I have the right info on the people I'm emailing and calling into. Otherwise, I'd rely on outdated info from our CRM tool. I've been able to add literally hundreds of additional contacts into my accounts with ZoomInfo.

ZoomInfo review by Lindsey S.
Lindsey S.

"Zoom into ZoomInfo"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to find email addresses and phone numbers for prospects I am trying to target. I can narrow down searches by company, seniority level, function, and even submit keywords.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, they do not have any contact information for someone specific I am looking to target. It is also hard to go though a list if there are many contacts from a specific company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to find contact information via LinkedIn, Salesforce, or their own standalone platform, please consider using ZoomInfo! There are several ways to search and they are supposed to have accurate contact information on emails and phone numbers.

We are trying to find specific marketing contacts at target companies and be able to contact them via email or phone. ZoomInfo provides that contact information.

ZoomInfo review by User

"Quite simply invaluable to my ability to do my job."

What do you like best?

I like how ZoomInfo is so easy to use and navigate. The depth of info provided on prospects is incredible. I really like the ability Zoom provides to perform highly specific searches and very general and broad searches depending on what criteria inputted.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I can say that I dislike about this tool. The only real issues I run into are few and far between. For the most part, all information is up to date and accurate. However, there will be some accounts that have multiple inaccuracies within the contacts. It can be frustrating when almost every contact within an account has incorrect information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the price!

Finding accurate contact information and being able to quickly upload that info into multiple platforms allows me to do my job more efficiently and effectively.

ZoomInfo review by Jeri L.
Jeri L.

"Zoominfo review for recruiting leads - both client and candidate "

What do you like best?

Zoominfo continously updates their database on a daily basis of over 175 million leads and hundreds of thousands of companies of all sizes. Their bots or spiders that crawl the internet do a fantastic job of collecting real time data on those that are included in their database to have a clear view of who they are and how to be reach out to them.

What do you dislike?

Not too much to complain about at this time.

Ease of finding top notch candidates for many open positons that I have and the system is very easy to use. Drills down to the nitty gritty of filtering out what you need and don't need. Have been able to have many candidates filled in open positons that have had in the past.

Learn more about ZoomInfo

ZoomInfo Videos

Learning about ZoomInfo?

* We monitor all ZoomInfo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(867 reviews)