Zorin

4.8

Zorin OS is an alternative to Windows and macOS, designed to make your computer faster, more powerful and secure.

Work for Zorin?

Learning about Zorin?

Zorin Reviews

Showing 2 Zorin reviews
Zorin review by Filip G.
Filip G.

"Zorin Ultimate 12.2"

What do you like best?

I like various themes like Windows, MacOS, Ubuntu or default Gnome. I like stability of this OS. I like that it is based on Ubuntu. OS is still quit lightweight and it works smooth even on my old laptop PC. It is easy to use, setup and I can recommend it to previous Windows users.

What do you dislike?

I do not like colors, They are always too dark or too light... The paid alternative offers only some additional themes and preinstalled free software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are Windows user and you want to try something new from linux, then ZorinOS is the right way.

I use Zorin in every life, I use it for school projects and even I do my job on it. It offers me everything I need.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Zorin
Zorin review by Jimmy G.
Jimmy G.

"Very good linux for a windows user"

What do you like best?

I like that they successfully mixed Windows 7, MacOS, and Ubuntu together so that both new users and experienced ones can find what they love and use it at their best. Also, the almost native wine integration is great for running Windows software without trouble.

What do you dislike?

Not that much actually. The updater is great, programs are working well, interfaces are really nice. Maybe the speed of the encryption when I had my whole HDD encrypted but it's likely more related to the drive itself rather than the OS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you want to do something, search the package manager before google. You are likely to find what you need. And if you don't, run it with wine.

It was my main OS for a long time. I even bought the full version.

What Operating System solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of Zorin for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Ubuntu Logo
Ubuntu
Super-fast, easy to use and free, the Ubuntu operating system powers millions of desktops, netbooks and servers around the world.
CentOS Logo
CentOS
CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution derived from sources freely provided to the public by a prominent North American Enterprise Linux vendor.
RedHat Enterprise Linux Logo
RedHat Enterprise Linux
Open source platform for mission-critical computing
macOS Sierra Logo
macOS Sierra
macOS Sierra helps you rediscover your best photos, shop fast and conveniently online, and work between devices. It can also help free up storage space.
Fedora Logo
Fedora
Fedora is a Linux-based operating system, a collection of software that makes your computer run.
Oracle Linux Logo
Oracle Linux
Oracle Linux brings the latest Linux innovations to market, delivering extreme performance, advanced scalability, and reliability for enterprise applications and systems along with worldwide, enterprise-class, low-cost support. Optimized for enterprise workloads, Oracle Linux is the only operating system to offer zero-downtime updates.
Chromium OS Logo
Chromium OS
3.9
Chomium is an open-source project that aims to build an operating system that provides a fast, simple, and more secure computing experience for people who spend most of their time on the web.
openSUSE Logo
openSUSE
openSUSE is a free and Linux-based operating system for your PC, Laptop or Server. You can surf the web, manage your e-mails and photos, do office work, play videos or music and have a lot of fun!
Debian Logo
Debian
4.8
Debian is an operating system is the set of basic programs and utilities that make your computer run , at the core of an operating system is the kernel.
Raspbian Logo
Raspbian
Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware.

Learning about Zorin?

* We monitor all Zorin reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.